PDA

View Full Version : foxes bid £10m for jonny Evans

BaggieBlood
14-06-2017, 10:15 PM
We've obviously rejected the unwanted and derisory bid.

Btw Leicester are buying Harry maguire from Hull for 12m.

The same maguire we wanted but let hull get him. We also wanted hull's Robertson when he was at Dundee utd but, again they beat us to him.

Robertson is talked about as a 20-25m player.

Well played penny pincher peace.

goodlordmurphy
14-06-2017, 10:19 PM
We've obviously rejected the unwanted and derisory bid.

Btw Leicester are buying Harry maguire from Hull for 12m.

The same maguire we wanted but let hull get him. We also wanted hull's Robertson when he was at Dundee utd but, again they beat us to him.

Robertson is talked about as a 20-25m player.

Well played penny pincher peace.

I think Mr Peace pinched more than pennies BB....:)

mickd1961
14-06-2017, 10:46 PM
Remind them that our £11m for that nonentity Schlupp wasn't enough last summer and tell them to f u c k right off!!

holmleighchris
15-06-2017, 05:59 AM
10 million for Evans in this day and age is ridiculous, aimed at unsettling the player possibly.
Sadly, I think he is out of contract at the end of the season so I doubt he will sign a new contract therefore we will end up selling him, if not now in January. Much better to offer him a club record contract and keep him for another 3 years rather than have to try and replace him on the cheap like we usually do.
Onwards and downwards.

goodlordmurphy
15-06-2017, 07:18 AM
10 million for Evans in this day and age is ridiculous, aimed at unsettling the player possibly.
Sadly, I think he is out of contract at the end of the season so I doubt he will sign a new contract therefore we will end up selling him, if not now in January. Much better to offer him a club record contract and keep him for another 3 years rather than have to try and replace him on the cheap like we usually do.
Onwards and downwards.

Chris, I don't think it matters how long we sign him for as they don't honour their contracts now, just up and away if a better offer comes along.

albion68
15-06-2017, 08:24 AM
Chris, I don't think it matters how long we sign him for as they don't honour their contracts now, just up and away if a better offer comes along.
To true Murphy footballers today don't know the word loyalty, money rules the brain.baggies gave fletcher a premiership lifeline made him captain £40grand a week.look what happened he went for money.evans could be on 5 year contract means jack ****.

Albionic68
15-06-2017, 08:54 AM
Onwards and downwards.

Good morning Chris'.

As has been stated, length of contract doesn't appear to enter into things these days beyond increasing a player's price.

That said, Jonny Evans is currently contracted to Albion until June 30th 2019.

Given that he is our best player (in my opinion) it would be remiss of the club if they hadn't already opened negotiations to renew his terms etc prior to Leicester's reported interest.

Personally I'd be more concerned if it had been Everton at the door.

Far more money than us, better squad to push up the table with and virtually on his door step.

sweeper5
15-06-2017, 09:46 AM
I think if Everton did come calling for Evans, he'd be off at the drop of a hat, as that was the club he wanted to go to before coming here, but who signed Funes Mori instead. I'm sure he came to Albion because of Fletcher who more than likely told him he'd play every game under Pulis; now that Fletcher has gone to Stoke, I won't be surprised to see Evans going.

baggieal
15-06-2017, 11:20 AM
I think if Everton did come calling for Evans, he'd be off at the drop of a hat, as that was the club he wanted to go to before coming here, but who signed Funes Mori instead. I'm sure he came to Albion because of Fletcher who more than likely told him he'd play every game under Pulis; now that Fletcher has gone to Stoke, I won't be surprised to see Evans going.

Almost every player will go if the cash is more i.e Fletcher. If, Evans was not held to a contract he would go, as almost everyone will pay more! That's life and greed..........

holmleighchris
15-06-2017, 04:02 PM
That's spot on Al....sadly.
I can't get my head around the fact that if you earn 2 million a year over several years why would you want to earn even more? Same with movie stars appearing in TV adverts when they've made millions anyway.
I can understand players leaving if they are not getting games, maybe due to ambition to win medals but not for even more cash.
I earned £55 today :)

talkSAFT
15-06-2017, 04:05 PM
I can't get my head around the fact that if you earn 2 million a year over several years why would you want to earn even more? Same with movie stars appearing in TV adverts when they've made millions anyway.
I can understand players leaving if they are not getting games, maybe due to ambition to win medals but not for even more cash.

:star:

albion68
15-06-2017, 04:13 PM
Yes Chris as you say you EARNED it .fair play to you.do footballers earn there money?

baggieal
15-06-2017, 04:29 PM

Totally agree Chris! I see greedy people every day i.e some who have 5 million plus but they still want the next million. For me, life is for living, and if you are comfortable why would you want more. Those who make millions usually make it on the back of those with no money or worse, with huge debts. Look no further than football - I think why the hell should you be paid playing for England when you are on over 100K a week for a club - it's senseless especially when no money or not enough is channeled through grass roots with dog **** pitches.

You earnt £55 - at least you worked hard for that no doubt, so well done to you! There seems more love and respect in families who don't have millions, than families who have millions!

I am starting to fall out of love with football for this same reason - greed! I could even be like Mick and stop
going ! Lai will follow the Jeremy Peace model which made the purchase attractive!

TipperaryBaggie
15-06-2017, 04:56 PM
You must be one of those people Chris who Red Jez wanted to get higher taxes from to pay for all of his empty promises��