PDA

View Full Version : O/T A day of peace.

goodlordmurphy
20-06-2017, 04:17 AM
Off today to Manchester to watch my 10yo grandson play for Leicestershire Cricket Club U11's vs Lancashire Cricket Club U11's.

Could do with a bit of cloud cover...surely Manchester can provide that...it's rained every other time I've been there...:).

Q165
20-06-2017, 06:00 AM
Have a good day. I doubt if the weather will be of much help

Baggies_Boy_Tony
20-06-2017, 08:04 AM
Off today to Manchester to watch my 10yo grandson play for Leicestershire Cricket Club U11's vs Lancashire Cricket Club U11's.

Could do with a bit of cloud cover...surely Manchester can provide that...it's rained every other time I've been there...:).

No rain forecast Murph, but some cloudy cover in the afternoon

holmleighchris
20-06-2017, 03:25 PM
Hope it went well.
I see Warwick's form has continued >:(

Q165
20-06-2017, 03:42 PM
Hope it went well.
I see Warwick's form has continued >:(

Same here.

Warwick really are the pits this year. Another innings defeat beckoning. >:( :(

Q165
21-06-2017, 07:00 AM
Same here.

Warwick really are the pits this year. Another innings defeat beckoning. >:( :(

Following on by the end of the day? Or big hundreds from both Bell and Trott? Now let me think...

Report awaited Murph

goodlordmurphy
21-06-2017, 08:15 AM
Following on by the end of the day? Or big hundreds from both Bell and Trott? Now let me think...

Report awaited Murph

Firstly, thanks for all the good wishes everyone.

Q165...it was a really good day, a bit of cloud cover early on but when the sun burnt the clouds away it then started to burn us. Lancashire were a cut above Leicestershire and the bare analysis says we got hammered. The positives were although this was only the second game for Leicestershire and he is a year younger than nearly all of the others he bowled as quick as any other bowler from both teams, beating the bat regularly and once again being let down by dropped catches in slips, he went for only 2 an over, which is quite pleasing in a match that was a bit one sided.

Batting wise he did ok playing some good ground shots through mid-on and a cracking cover drive before being undone by a very good ball from a spin bowler...very similar to the one Gatting got out to from Shane Warne...tremendous ball. I'm sure we will be seeing more of him in the future

Freddie Flintoffs son was playing for Lancs, grandson didn't get a chance at him though. Lancs took a far more professional approach to their game, coaches at them all the time whereby Leics coaches were content to just enjoy the sun and let things roll along, perhaps that reflects right through the club regarding their lowly league status.

But a good day was had nonetheless and looking forward now to Monday when his older brother has a Sub-Academy game versus Middle***.

Q165
21-06-2017, 10:23 AM
Brilliant