PDA

View Full Version : 2017-18 Squad List

MAD_MAGPIE
20-06-2017, 11:55 AM
So following the excellent news of Ameobi signing the squad list for the coming season is shaping up. So far we have;

Adam Colin
Carl Dickinson
Richard Duffy
Haydn Hollis
Matt Tootle
Elliott Hewitt
Rob Milsom
Michael O'Connor (Injured)
Curtis Thompson
Terry Hawkridge
Kevin Nolan (Player/Manager)
Jonathan Forte
Lewis Alessandra
Shola Ameobi
Jon Stead
Alan Smith (Player/Coach) ?
Mike Edwards (Player/Coach) ?

Apprentices offered development contracts
Dominic Hill-Brown
Peter Dearle
Jordan Richards
Joe Searson-Smithard

What additions would people like to see? I would say a second choice keeper, a central defender, along with young striker.

Mapperleypie
20-06-2017, 11:57 AM
So following the excellent news of Ameobi signing the squad list for the coming season is shaping up. So far we have;

Adam Colin
Carl Dickinson
Richard Duffy
Haydn Hollis
Matt Tootle
Elliott Hewitt
Rob Milsom
Curtis Thompson
Terry Hawkridge
Jonathan Forte
Lewis Alessandra
Shola Ameobi
Jon Stead

Dominic Hill-Brown
Peter Dearle
Jordan Richards
Joe Searson-Smithard

What additions would people like to see? I would say a second choice keeper, a central defender, along with young striker.

An attack-minded central midfielder would not go amiss.

CmonUSexyStylishPies
20-06-2017, 12:07 PM
I'd say we're at least 6 players short still. Smith/Nolan/Edwards should only be used in an injury crisis!

LaughingMagpie
20-06-2017, 12:07 PM

Adam Colin
Carl Dickinson
Richard Duffy
Haydn Hollis
Matt Tootle
Elliott Hewitt
Rob Milsom
Curtis Thompson
Terry Hawkridge
Jonathan Forte
Lewis Alessandra
Shola Ameobi
Jon Stead

Dominic Hill-Brown
Peter Dearle
Jordan Richards
Joe Searson-Smithard

That is basically 13 players (including Hollis >:() if you discount the management

We need a goalkeeper, right back, left back, 2 centre backs, 2 midfielders and 2 strikers under 30

Steward
20-06-2017, 12:08 PM
And youngish pacy striker, can't see Stead & Ameobi playing together as often as we'd like. Forte was used as a winger when he played alghough his best position is down the middle.

nw6pie
20-06-2017, 12:15 PM
That is basically 13 players (including Hollis) if you discount the management

We need a goalkeeper, right back, left back, 2 centre backs, 2 midfielders and 2 strikers under 30

I wrote on another thread we still need seven more signings - goalkeeper, left back, two centre halves, playmaker, enforcer and pacy forward.

As it stands, the current squad is desperately short of pace and muscle in key areas. Be interesting to see how many we look to sign permanently and how many on loan.

Oldstripy
20-06-2017, 12:47 PM
I'd say we're at least 6 players short still. Smith/Nolan/Edwards should only be used in an injury crisis!

I wrote on another thread we still need seven more signings - goalkeeper, left back, two centre halves, playmaker, enforcer and pacy forward.

As it stands, the current squad is desperately short of pace and muscle in key areas. Be interesting to see how many we look to sign permanently and how many on loan.

I think we will not get a new goalkeeper if you think back to when Loach went out on loan we had the young lad on the bench and that's the way they will go until January at least.

Agree about needing a left back, might be only CB, 2 midfielders and one striker Could go for one from the National League noticed a couple have gone to L1 teams.

LaughingMagpie
23-06-2017, 08:31 AM
With the additional 4 new signings alluded to by Alan Hardy last night and discounting the management we can now field not only a full team but we can also fill ALL the seats on the bench. XD

Frigiliana Pie 1
23-06-2017, 10:21 AM
Hardy's tweet refers to 4 new signings before the season starts. My guess is that there'll also be a couple of loan signings between the season starting and the transfer deadline on 31 August.

Iwantmypieback
23-06-2017, 11:23 AM
That team picks itself, and that's not a good thing!

Comptonpie
23-06-2017, 02:18 PM
Certainly need a new left back dikensons old and slow and didn't look good enough at all

CmonUSexyStylishPies
23-06-2017, 04:10 PM
Hardy's tweet refers to 4 new signings before the season starts. My guess is that there'll also be a couple of loan signings between the season starting and the transfer deadline on 31 August.

If this is the case then I'd hope that it's 4 quality/first team signings and not 'utility players'.

Regarding loans hopefully KN can use his contacts and get some genuine quality youngsters.

jackal2
23-06-2017, 06:11 PM

Adam Colin
Carl Dickinson
Richard Duffy
Haydn Hollis
Matt Tootle
Elliott Hewitt
Rob Milsom
Curtis Thompson
Terry Hawkridge
Jonathan Forte
Lewis Alessandra
Shola Ameobi
Jon Stead

Dominic Hill-Brown
Peter Dearle
Jordan Richards
Joe Searson-Smithard

So, possibly the squad place breakdown looks something like this:-

GK---Adam Collin
GK---Joe Searson-Smithard

RB---Matt Tootle
RB---Jordan Richards

LB---Carl Dickinson
LB--- ?

CD---Richard Duffy
CD---Haydn Hollis
CD---?
CD---?
CD---Mike Edwards

MF---Elliott Hewitt
MF---Rob Milsom
MF---Michael O'Connor (Injured)
MF---Curtis Thompson
MF---Kevin Nolan
MF---?
MF---Alan Smith

W-----Terry Hawkridge
W-----Lewis Alessandra
W/ST-Jonathan Forte
W/ST-?

ST---Shola Ameobi
ST---Jon Stead
ST---?

Obviously there are variations, in that Elliott Hewitt can also play right-back and centre-back (allegedly), Curtis Thompson can play wide (but is undoubtedly best in centre-mid) and Jordan Richards looks like the type who could play a number of positions, especially when he gains more experience.

One concern I have is that Lewis Alessandra may have been brought in with the intention of playing him on the wing, yet fans at other clubs have commented he disappears in that position and plays best as an attacking central midfielder.

I've left the two newest youngsters out for now, on the assumption they will probably be loaned out to the non-league for starters.

Frigiliana Pie 1
23-06-2017, 07:01 PM
Shouldn't Osborne and Howes appear on the list somewhere?

DelroyFacey22
23-06-2017, 09:39 PM
I get the two Jordan/Jordon Richards' mixed up, the one that we've seen a reasonable amount of is the one we've given a trial right? Has the other one already signed a contract?

jackal2
23-06-2017, 11:34 PM
I get the two Jordan/Jordon Richards' mixed up, the one that we've seen a reasonable amount of is the one we've given a trial right? Has the other one already signed a contract?

Pedro's son is the one I'm referring to above, who is Jordan I believe. I think/hope he's the one under proper contract, because he showed real signs of promise when he came into the team last season.

Whereas, I assume Jordon is the one invited back for trial. I don't know much about him, other than that it will be very confusing for Charlie Slater and Mark Stallard if we sign and play both!

BanjoPie
24-06-2017, 09:28 AM

Not offered a contract but invited to train with Notts - see https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news/2017/may/retained-list-2017/

MAD_MAGPIE
24-07-2017, 12:15 PM
So, possibly the squad place breakdown looks something like this:-

GK---Adam Collin

RB---Matt Tootle
RB---Jordan Richards

LB---Carl Dickinson
LB--- ?

CD---Richard Duffy
CD---Haydn Hollis
CD---?
CD---?
CD---Mike Edwards

MF---Elliott Hewitt
MF---Rob Milsom
MF---Curtis Thompson
MF---Kevin Nolan
MF---?
MF---Alan Smith

W-----Terry Hawkridge
W-----Lewis Alessandra
W/ST-Jonathan Forte
W/ST-?

ST---Shola Ameobi
ST---Jon Stead
ST---?

Obviously there are variations, in that Elliott Hewitt can also play right-back and centre-back (allegedly), Curtis Thompson can play wide (but is undoubtedly best in centre-mid) and Jordan Richards looks like the type who could play a number of positions, especially when he gains more experience.

One concern I have is that Lewis Alessandra may have been brought in with the intention of playing him on the wing, yet fans at other clubs have commented he disappears in that position and plays best as an attacking central midfielder.

I've left the two newest youngsters out for now, on the assumption they will probably be loaned out to the non-league for starters.

I've updated your breakdown Jackal;

GK---Adam Collin

RB---Matt Tootle
RB---Jordan Richards

LB---Carl Dickinson
LB--- Daniel Jones

CD---Richard Duffy
CD---Haydn Hollis
CD---?
CD---?
CD---Mike Edwards

MF---Elliott Hewitt
MF---Rob Milsom
MF---Curtis Thompson
MF---Kevin Nolan
MF---Jorge Grant (Loan)
MF---Alan Smith

W-----Terry Hawkridge
W-----Lewis Alessandra
W/ST-Jonathan Forte
W/ST-?

ST---Shola Ameobi
ST---Jon Stead
ST---?

Vladpie
24-07-2017, 12:22 PM
One concern I have is that Lewis Alessandra may have been brought in with the intention of playing him on the wing, yet fans at other clubs have commented he disappears in that position

Speaking as a former winger, when wingers become invisible, it's usually because nobody is getting the ball out wide, wingers are just as prone as strikers to poor service. What they do with that service is another matter but you have to have passers in the team to supply wingers if you intend to play with wide men or it's just not worth having them on the field.

Old_pie
24-07-2017, 12:33 PM
I've updated your breakdown Jackal;

It's JordOn Not JordAn as explained in this thread. Jordan (Pedro's lad) has gone to pastures new.

GK---Adam Collin

RB---Matt Tootle
RB---Jordon (not Jordan) Richards
LB---Carl Dickinson
LB--- Daniel Jones

CD---Richard Duffy
CD---Haydn Hollis
CD---?
CD---?
CD---Mike Edwards

MF---Elliott Hewitt
MF---Rob Milsom
MF---Curtis Thompson
MF---Kevin Nolan
MF---Jorge Grant (Loan)
MF---Alan Smith

W-----Terry Hawkridge
W-----Lewis Alessandra
W/ST-Jonathan Forte
W/ST-?

ST---Shola Ameobi
ST---Jon Stead
ST---?

TheProphet
25-07-2017, 11:13 AM
GK---Adam Collin

RB---Matt Tootle
LB---Carl Dickinson
LB--- Daniel Jones

CD---Richard Duffy
CD---Haydn Hollis
CD---Shaun Brisley
CD---?
CD---Mike Edwards

MF---Elliott Hewitt
MF---Rob Milsom
MF---Curtis Thompson
MF---Kevin Nolan
MF---Jorge Grant (Loan)
MF---Alan Smith
MF---Liam Walker

W-----Terry Hawkridge
W-----Lewis Alessandra
W/ST-Jonathan Forte
W/ST-?

ST---Shola Ameobi
ST---Jon Stead
ST---?

DS1862
25-07-2017, 12:56 PM
I've been generally satisfied, if slightly underwhelmed, by our business so far but just a couple of alarming statistics:

1. We currently have the oldest squad on average in the league (average age of 29.7)
2. Only three other teams (Newport, Accrington, and Yeovil) have a smaller squad than ours (20 players according to transfermarkt.co.uk, TheProphet lists 23 but that's still quite small)

To me, that's quite a worrying combination.

jacobncfc
25-07-2017, 01:45 PM
We could definitely do with a couple more younger legs, particularly upfront, but that average age thing is slightly misleading as their list includes Edwards, Nolan and Smith but not Howes, Jordon Richards and Osborne, who I reckon look more likely to play a part than the oldies this season. Certainly than Edwards and Nolan, anyway, who appear to be de facto retired.

sidders
25-07-2017, 02:09 PM
Can some kind soul send me the squad list with numbers or alternatively direct me to somewhere that I can find them myself? (For the York game and I won't know half of them!)

DS1862
25-07-2017, 02:44 PM
We could definitely do with a couple more younger legs, particularly upfront, but that average age thing is slightly misleading as their list includes Edwards, Nolan and Smith but not Howes, Jordon Richards and Osborne, who I reckon look more likely to play a part than the oldies this season. Certainly than Edwards and Nolan, anyway, who appear to be de facto retired.

Yep, I now realise that I was going off some bad data there but I'm still a bit concerned with the squad. Would hate to have a season where injuries play a huge role.

Bridg4d_Pie_
25-07-2017, 02:49 PM
I've been generally satisfied, if slightly underwhelmed, by our business so far but just a couple of alarming statistics:

1. We currently have the oldest squad on average in the league (average age of 29.7)
2. Only three other teams (Newport, Accrington, and Yeovil) have a smaller squad than ours (20 players according to transfermarkt.co.uk, TheProphet lists 23 but that's still quite small)

To me, that's quite a worrying combination.

Here We Go, In Kev we Trust. :zzz::zzz::confused:

jurgenpie
25-07-2017, 02:54 PM
Shouldn't Wes Atkinson and Montel Gibson be on the list.

jurgenpie
25-07-2017, 02:57 PM
Can some kind soul send me the squad list with numbers or alternatively direct me to somewhere that I can find them myself? (For the York game and I won't know half of them!)

Squad numbers not out yet - this is my list - http://www.nottscounty.info/player-gallery/

countygump
25-07-2017, 02:59 PM

Not very good but best I could find, Squidness.

https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/teams/first-team/

CmonUSexyStylishPies
25-07-2017, 03:05 PM
Shouldn't Wes Atkinson and Montel Gibson be on the list.

Thought they'd left? Out of contract but invited back to pre season training but presumably declined.

countygump
25-07-2017, 03:06 PM
Thought they'd left? Out of contract but invited back to pee season training but presumably declined.

Urine trouble but I'm saying nowt.

CmonUSexyStylishPies
25-07-2017, 03:10 PM
Urine trouble but I'm saying nowt.

Bleddy auto-correct!

MAD_MAGPIE
28-07-2017, 09:07 PM
GK---Adam Collin
GK---Ross Fitzsimmons

RB---Matt Tootle
LB---Carl Dickinson
LB--- Daniel Jones

CD---Richard Duffy
CD---Haydn Hollis
CD---Shaun Brisley
CD---?
CD---Mike Edwards

MF---Elliott Hewitt
MF---Rob Milsom
MF---Curtis Thompson
MF---Kevin Nolan
MF---Jorge Grant (Loan)
MF---Alan Smith
MF---Liam Walker

W-----Terry Hawkridge
W-----Lewis Alessandra
W/ST-Jonathan Forte
W/ST-?

ST---Shola Ameobi
ST---Jon Stead
ST---?

jackal2
29-07-2017, 05:38 PM
I have to be honest. I look at the squad above and see a mid-table finish at best. The most notable players in it would have formed the basis of a good team ... in the 1990s.

I think Lewis Alessandra may well turn out to be our best signing of the summer, as well as getting Jorge Grant back, but beyond that I'm seeing a very ordinary group of players. I hope I'm wrong! :s

countygump
29-07-2017, 06:32 PM
I have to be honest. I look at the squad above and see a mid-table finish at best. The most notable players in it would have formed the basis of a good team ... in the 1990s.

I think Lewis Alessandra may well turn out to be our best signing of the summer, as well as getting Jorge Grant back, but beyond that I'm seeing a very ordinary group of players. I hope I'm wrong! :s

Very, very sad to say this ^^^. I'll be absolutely bloody amazed if we get anywhere near the play-offs, Groooaannnnnnnnn...

St Kitts Magpie
29-07-2017, 06:42 PM

Agree with this.

SwalePie
29-07-2017, 08:13 PM
Really hoping this is going to be one of those teams that, in performance terms, is 'greater than the sum of it's parts', Sirrel/Warnock style.

keldsyke
29-07-2017, 08:26 PM

Those most notable players would have been out of our range back then, so it's irrelevant!! We have to be more realistic

Bohinen
29-07-2017, 08:28 PM
Really hoping this is going to be one of those teams that, in performance terms, is 'greater than the sum of it's parts', Sirrel/Warnock style.

I know what you mean, but Sirrel and Warnock had some great players too. Even in the fourth tier, Sirrel had Masson, Needham, Stubbs, Bradd and Hateley and Warnock already had Johnson, Draper and Yates when he arrived, adding Short soon after. There's not much comparison.

CmonUSexyStylishPies
29-07-2017, 08:38 PM
I know what you mean, but Sirrel and Warnock had some great players too. Even in the fourth tier, Sirrel had Masson, Needham, Stubbs, Bradd and Hateley and Warnock already had Johnson, Draper and Yates when he arrived, adding Short soon after. There's not much comparison.

You seem to be overlooking the fact that we have Alan Smith, Haydn Hollis and Carl Dickinson...

I'll get my coat.

SmiffyPie
29-07-2017, 08:38 PM
I know what you mean, but Sirrel and Warnock had some great players too. Even in the fourth tier, Sirrel had Masson, Needham, Stubbs, Bradd and Hateley and Warnock already had Johnson, Draper and Yates when he arrived, adding Short soon after. There's not much comparison.In fact I would say there is no comparison between then and now. In the Money, Club, Pride game money beats all.

Proudpie
30-07-2017, 06:30 AM
Why are Notts persisting with Hodge and Saunders ?
They clearly arent good enough as their records or lack of them suggest
We need another solid centre half, a creative midfielder and one if not two younger strikers
At present we still have little pace or firepower despite saying both would be addressed in the summer
I am still waiting to be got out of my seat as suggested in the close season
Lets see how the team fares against one of the promotion favourites on Saturday
Totally underwhelmed at present.

Frigiliana Pie 1
30-07-2017, 06:33 AM
I think a more realistic (and optimistic) comparison is with the Sam Allardyce squad of 1997-8. The majority of those players had performed badly to get us relegated in the previous season, but with some managerial inspiration and a few astute additions, they were turned into a championship winning side.

I'm hoping KN can achieve the same this season.

jackal2
30-07-2017, 11:43 AM
I think a more realistic (and optimistic) comparison is with the Sam Allardyce squad of 1997-8. The majority of those players had performed badly to get us relegated in the previous season, but with some managerial inspiration and a few astute additions, they were turned into a championship winning side.

I'm hoping KN can achieve the same this season.

I think this may be hoping too much of a young manager who has not been doing the job long enough (either at Orient or here) to judge just how good he is. The early signs at Notts have been positive, but that's all we know. The same was true of Keith Curle, yet now we know Curle has a career pattern of being an impact manager who starts well in jobs but cannot sustain success over a longer period. I'm not overly impressed with Nolan's recruitment over the summer and I don't think this squad is remotely as good as the one Allardyce inherited/assembled, so if KN get the current team into the play-off picture then he will certainly be enhancing his early reputation for getting the best out of players.

MAD_MAGPIE
05-08-2017, 01:21 PM
This is it then, 34 man squad including development squad (with numbers in brackets) that will start the season. Thoughts?

GK---Adam Collin (1)
GK---Branislav Pindroch (13)
GK---Joe Searson-Smithard (31)
GK---Ross Fitzsimmons (34)

RB---Matt Tootle (2)
RB---Nicky Hunt (19)
RB---Jordon (not Jordan) Richards - (No squad number)
RB---Elliott Hewitt (4)

LB---Carl Dickinson (3)
LB---Daniel Jones (23)

CD---Richard Duffy (5)
CD---Haydn Hollis (6)
CD---Shaun Brisley (16)
CD---Mike Edwards (38) Not far off Mikes age. XD
CD---Pierce Bird (33)

CM---Rob Milsom (24)
CM---Michael O'Connor (8) (Injured)
CM---Jorge Grant (10) (Season Loan - Forest)
CM---Liam Walker (20)
CM---Alan Smith (17)

MF---Ryan Yates (?) (Season Loan - Forest)
MF---Samuel Osborn (39)
MF---Alex Howes (37)
MF---Peter Dearle (No Squad Number)
MF---Dominic Hill Brown (No Squad Number)

RM---Terry Hawkridge (11)
RM---Elliott Hodge (12)

RW---Lewis Alessandra (7)
RW---Curtis Thompson (15)

AM---Kevin Nolan (44)

CF----Jonathan Forte (14)
CF----Shola Ameobi (9)
CF----Jon Stead (30)
CF----Callum Saunders (26)

jackal2
05-08-2017, 01:26 PM
This is it then, 34 man squad including development squad (with numbers in brackets) that will start the season. Thoughts?

GK---Adam Collin (1)
GK---Branislav Pindroch (13)
GK---Joe Searson-Smithard (31)
GK---Ross Fitzsimmons (34)

RB---Matt Tootle (2)
RB---Nicky Hunt (19)
RB---Jordon (not Jordan) Richards - (No squad number)
RB---Elliott Hewitt (4)

LB---Carl Dickinson (3)
LB---Daniel Jones (23)

CD---Richard Duffy (5)
CD---Haydn Hollis (6)
CD---Shaun Brisley (16)
CD---Mike Edwards (38) Not far off Mikes age. XD
CD---Pierce Bird (33)

CM---Rob Milsom (24)
CM---Michael O'Connor (8) (Injured)
CM---Jorge Grant (10) (Season Loan - Forest)
CM---Liam Walker (20)
CM---Alan Smith (17)

MF---Ryan Yates (?) (Season Loan - Forest)
MF---Samuel Osborn (39)
MF---Alex Howes (37)
MF---Peter Dearle (No Squad Number)
MF---Dominic Hill Brown (No Squad Number)

RM---Terry Hawkridge (11)
RM---Elliott Hodge (12)

RW---Lewis Alessandra (7)
RW---Curtis Thompson (15)

AM---Kevin Nolan (44)

CF----Jonathan Forte (14)
CF----Shola Ameobi (9)
CF----Jon Stead (30)
CF----Callum Saunders (26)

As I've just commented in another thread, I think you can officially rule out Elliott Hewitt as a right-back as far as Nolan is concerned. By signing Nicky Hunt as cover for Tootle, and by selecting Hewitt in midfield ahead of Milsom today, we can surmise that Hewitt is now officially a midfielder.