PDA

View Full Version : International ifollow signed up

tarquinbeech
22-06-2017, 06:28 PM
OK, the £110 is paid and it says I can watch all matches live, unless they are "blacked out"....none are showing that yet ie that they have been chosen by other providers, so fingers crossed, I get all 46 matches plus pre-season.....play-offs are excluded grrrrr.

So a couple of points:

When inputting your age, it won't let you sign up if you were born pre-1918, so obviously one or two on here need to lie about their age!

I used my UK debit card to pay (I didn't want to send Pesos from my Mexican account and get shafted on the exchange rate)....but now I'm worried it might think I'm resident in the UK because the card is registered in my UK house number.......might they deny me the "live" stream?.......anyone else think this might be a problem?
It knew I was registering from Mexico, because that box was already completed on the payment form, I had to remove it to input UK, but as I say, now I'm concerned.

Next, I get a lot of grief on here for living under a palm tree every day in 30 plus degrees......do I get a "free pass" on here now to gob off as much as I like especially on the "Match Ratings" threads, or do I still have to *****-foot around the usual suspects? (if the answer is "**** off Tarkers you exile"......................then I'm setting Vlad on you when he flies over, I'm too old for a bout of fisticuffs)

Lastly - Any idea of how much of the £110 actually goes to the individual clubs, I know that there are quite a few of us ex-pats and it would be interesting to know if we are making a difference to Notts coffers.

Vladpie
22-06-2017, 06:50 PM
OK, the £110 is paid and it says I can watch all matches live, unless they are "blacked out"....none are showing that yet ie that they have been chosen by other providers, so fingers crossed, I get all 46 matches plus pre-season.....play-offs are excluded grrrrr.

So a couple of points:

When inputting your age, it won't let you sign up if you were born pre-1918, so obviously one or two on here need to lie about their age!

I used my UK debit card to pay (I didn't want to send Pesos from my Mexican account and get shafted on the exchange rate)....but now I'm worried it might think I'm resident in the UK because the card is registered in my UK house number.......might they deny me the "live" stream?.......anyone else think this might be a problem?
It knew I was registering from Mexico, because that box was already completed on the payment form, I had to remove it to input UK, but as I say, now I'm concerned.

Next, I get a lot of grief on here for living under a palm tree every day in 30 plus degrees......do I get a "free pass" on here now to gob off as much as I like especially on the "Match Ratings" threads, or do I still have to *****-foot around the usual suspects? (if the answer is "**** off Tarkers you exile"......................then I'm setting Vlad on you when he flies over, I'm too old for a bout of fisticuffs)

Lastly - Any idea of how much of the £110 actually goes to the individual clubs, I know that there are quite a few of us ex-pats and it would be interesting to know if we are making a difference to Notts coffers.

Tarkers,
re your location, they won't care if you lie about your location once they have your dosh as presumably it will be down to your IP address, if you try and log on from the UK you'll fail?

tarquinbeech
22-06-2017, 06:57 PM
Tarkers,
re your location, they won't care if you lie about your location once they have your dosh as presumably it will be down to your IP address, if you try and log on from the UK you'll fail?

Rolls Royce is live on the 8th, so I guess I'll find out then

ps I didn't know about the free weekly crate of Newcastle Brown to go with the matches, I'd have signed up sooner if they had advertised it properly

queenslandpie
22-06-2017, 07:05 PM

So a couple of points:

If you are running a VPN when you watch the games just set it to the UK region like I have to when I watch goals on sky and problem is solved. Unless they have VPN spotting technology like Netflix do then you should be right youth. I would be interested to see how you go with this. If it's any good I'll be making the most of Brexit and the great exchange rate from AU and signing up! I can then also remove the " you dont go to the games" argument even though I rarely comment on performances as I rarely go to the games unless I am back on one of my jaunts to **** hole Britain.

tarquinbeech
22-06-2017, 07:11 PM
If you are running a VPN when you watch the games just set it to the UK region like I have to when I watch goals on sky and problem is solved. Unless they have VPN spotting technology like Netflix do then you should be right youth. I would be interested to see how you go with this. If it's any good I'll be making the most of Brexit and the great exchange rate from AU and signing up! I can then also remove the " you dont go to the games" argument even though I rarely comment on performances as I rarely go to the games unless I am back on one of my jaunts to **** hole Britain.

No point in using a VPN for me, the "live" matches are only for overseas viewers.....I'm sure lots of UK guys will try using a VPN to pretend they are outside the UK, so I assume that the EFL will be blocking those trying it......in summary, sign up from Aus and you get all the matches live

queenslandpie
22-06-2017, 07:46 PM
No point in using a VPN for me, the "live" matches are only for overseas viewers.....I'm sure lots of UK guys will try using a VPN to pretend they are outside the UK, so I assume that the EFL will be blocking those trying it......in summary, sign up from Aus and you get all the matches live

Thanks for the clarification tarkers I'll put my money where my mouth is. Yes youre right about the reverse flip as per above. I look forward forward to bagging your misguided views on our performances next season !

Drowse
22-06-2017, 08:19 PM

Don't tell tricky,Mekkico will be accused of favouriting immigrants ! LOL

tarquinbeech
23-06-2017, 03:02 AM
Don't tell tricky,Mekkico will be accused of favouriting immigrants ! LOL

The guy's a *****......us Mexicans are 'ard......grrrrrrr

queenslandpie
23-06-2017, 06:14 AM

El Greigo I have one question for you. I notice that commentary is at "club level". I am not expecting Motto but do you know or does anyone else know if there will be commentary on the games and if so who is doing? Could be a good oppo' for Radio Snottingham to blood a youngster.

Wedgie_pie
23-06-2017, 07:54 AM
El Greigo I have one question for you. I notice that commentary is at "club level". I am not expecting Motto but do you know or does anyone else know if there will be commentary on the games and if so who is doing? Could be a good oppo' for Radio Snottingham to blood a youngster.

New commentary for Notts on Radio Nottm next season is Charlie Slater (no relation to Colin) He does the weather forecasting for Radio Nottm, he did commentary and interviews for Mansfield last few seasons....I like the bloke so hoping he's a good replacement for Colin S. Wouldn't know if he will be doing your's and tarquin's overseas thing though, but good luck with it......Still not there though are you pulling in the great atmosphere of Meadow Lane..;D

DelroyFacey22
23-06-2017, 08:08 AM
It might end up being a separate commentator for iFollow though as QP said it's from "club level" the club might have to get someone to specifically commentate for iFollow listeners, which would make sense as people listening in from around the world couldn't give a toss about Radio Nottingham's adverts or traffic news and what not but iFollow would be able to make back some money on getting the club commentators to to read out their own ads.

queenslandpie
23-06-2017, 08:11 AM
New commentary for Notts on Radio Nottm next season is Charlie Slater (no relation to Colin) He does the weather forecasting for Radio Nottm, he did commentary and interviews for Mansfield last few seasons....I like the bloke so hoping he's a good replacement for Colin S. Wouldn't know if he will be doing your's and tarquin's overseas thing though, but good luck with it......Still not there though are you pulling in the great atmosphere of Meadow Lane..;D

I guess I'll live. I know where I'd rather be!

tarquinbeech
08-07-2017, 02:39 PM
Anybody having any joy with iFollow for the RR game....the club website appears to be un-plugged but it clearly says "live" and "match centre"

No scores, no teamsheet, no audio, no pics, nothing, it's like the dead zone......unless I'm supposed to be doing something like pressing some buttons or holding the antenna over my head pointed at Blighty?

andy6025
08-07-2017, 04:02 PM
I can't help you there Tarkers, but keep me abreast as to how smoothly it all works, and if it's a go I'll be signing up for the start of the season.

SwalePie
08-07-2017, 04:22 PM
Anybody having any joy with iFollow for the RR game....the club website appears to be un-plugged but it clearly says "live" and "match centre"

No scores, no teamsheet, no audio, no pics, nothing, it's like the dead zone......unless I'm supposed to be doing something like pressing some buttons or holding the antenna over my head pointed at Blighty?

Just my guess but if they said the pre-season friendlies would also be covered in iFollow I would surmise that they meant the home games at the Lane.

tarquinbeech
08-07-2017, 04:31 PM
I can't help you there Tarkers, but keep me abreast as to how smoothly it all works, and if it's a go I'll be signing up for the start of the season.

Will do Andy - TBH I thought it was a bit much to ask them to lug a camera and sound equipment up to Hucknall.....though it clearly said that on the Official Club Website.

C'est la vie

tarquinbeech
08-07-2017, 04:34 PM
Just my guess but if they said the pre-season friendlies would also be covered in iFollow I would surmise that they meant the home games at the Lane.

Maybe it's just me, but if says "live match" next to the RR game, then it should be live....mind you there wasn't even a team sheet there and it still says 0-0 even hours after the match ended.......a bit shabby TBH.......if it was run on Twitter, I'd have had NEXT weeks teamsheets by now and how many rolls of loo-paper was used on the team bus...with pics!!

JoePass
08-07-2017, 05:12 PM
Maybe it's just me, but if says "live match" next to the RR game, then it should be live....mind you there wasn't even a team sheet there and it still says 0-0 even hours after the match ended.......a bit shabby TBH.......if it was run on Twitter, I'd have had NEXT weeks teamsheets by now and how many rolls of loo-paper was used on the team bus...with pics!!

It's totally useless.

tarquinbeech
11-07-2017, 02:56 PM
For those interested in iFollow, I have had a couple of e-mails back from Nick Richardson, Media and Communications Manager at Notts County.

It appears that NONE of the friendlies will be shown "live", but the Fixtures list (containing the words "live on iFollow") is not controlled by Notts themselves, but from a central location in EFL HQ ie it ain't their fault though they are speaking to EFL about it....no biggie I guess, though I was looking forward to the Forest game grrrr......once the season gets underway, then EFL will be sending camera crews to all league games.......only then will we really know if there are any more glitches in the system I guess.......letter attached

Great to hear your fellow ex-pats are interested in iFollow. I’m very optimistic that the service will be much more reliable than the former Player HD platform, but of course we are entering unchartered territory in terms of live streaming matches so I understand their caution.

Unfortunately we don’t have the capability to live stream any of the friendly matches. When the season comes around, the EFL will be sending a cameraman to each of our fixtures (barring FA Cup) with all the necessary equipment. Unfortunately we don’t have access to that level of support for friendlies and are therefore unable to provide a stream.

Radio Nottingham don’t cover pre-season friendlies, either, so I’m afraid live commentary won’t be available until the season gets going. We will, however, be providing live text updates on Twitter to be followed by the usual report and reaction on the club website.

I’m going to make contact with the EFL to see if we can remove anything that suggests supporters can follow friendlies ‘live’ – although I have a feeling it may be permanently engrained into the website.

Sorry, I know this email isn’t of much help, but stick with us. Once the new campaign is in full swing I’m very confident you will find the service useful and enjoyable.

Kind regards

Nick Richardson

Media and Communications Manager

legs77
11-07-2017, 09:00 PM
Hello Tarkers....I've been reading this topic with some interest one question do you get to see ALL Notts games on Ifollow or are they only showing one game per league each weekend ???

queenslandpie
11-07-2017, 09:23 PM
For those interested in iFollow, I have had a couple of e-mails back from Nick Richardson, Media and Communications Manager at Notts County.

It appears that NONE of the friendlies will be shown "live", but the Fixtures list (containing the words "live on iFollow") is not controlled by Notts themselves, but from a central location in EFL HQ ie it ain't their fault though they are speaking to EFL about it....no biggie I guess, though I was looking forward to the Forest game grrrr......once the season gets underway, then EFL will be sending camera crews to all league games.......only then will we really know if there are any more glitches in the system I guess.......letter attached

Great to hear your fellow ex-pats are interested in iFollow. I’m very optimistic that the service will be much more reliable than the former Player HD platform, but of course we are entering unchartered territory in terms of live streaming matches so I understand their caution.

Unfortunately we don’t have the capability to live stream any of the friendly matches. When the season comes around, the EFL will be sending a cameraman to each of our fixtures (barring FA Cup) with all the necessary equipment. Unfortunately we don’t have access to that level of support for friendlies and are therefore unable to provide a stream.

Radio Nottingham don’t cover pre-season friendlies, either, so I’m afraid live commentary won’t be available until the season gets going. We will, however, be providing live text updates on Twitter to be followed by the usual report and reaction on the club website.

I’m going to make contact with the EFL to see if we can remove anything that suggests supporters can follow friendlies ‘live’ – although I have a feeling it may be permanently engrained into the website.

Sorry, I know this email isn’t of much help, but stick with us. Once the new campaign is in full swing I’m very confident you will find the service useful and enjoyable.

Kind regards

Nick Richardson

Media and Communications Manager

A decent and honest reply. I haven't signed up yet decided to make Tarkers the guinea pig. After my awful experiences with "Magpie Player". I will see if it works and if it does I am in.

tarquinbeech
11-07-2017, 09:33 PM
Hello Tarkers....I've been reading this topic with some interest one question do you get to see ALL Notts games on Ifollow or are they only showing one game per league each weekend ???

Legs - Theoretically we ex-pats get EVERY Notts game live, home and away.....however, now I've found that friendlies are excluded (despite advertising to the contrary) plus FA Cup games are excluded......also "blacked out" games are also excluded ie games against "big" clubs that have been bought by a rival operator......no idea what that really means......this thing sounds like my first marriage where she stopped giving blow-jobs after 3 months and said the rules had changed!!.....I never got a refund that time either.....though I ended up paying for the sprogs for 8 years

TBH, the whole thing is an experiment.......and I'll be happy to get 30-odd games

legs77
11-07-2017, 09:44 PM
Legs - Theoretically we ex-pats get EVERY Notts game live, home and away.....however, now I've found that friendlies are excluded (despite advertising to the contrary) plus FA Cup games are excluded......also "blacked out" games are also excluded ie games against "big" clubs that have been bought by a rival operator......no idea what that really means......this thing sounds like my first marriage where she stopped giving blow-jobs after 3 months and said the rules had changed!!.....I never got a refund that time either.....though I ended up paying for the sprogs for 8 years

TBH, the whole thing is an experiment.......and I'll be happy to get 30-odd games

Well if you get 30 games that's still great value just over £3 a game if this works lots of UK based fans are going to try and jump onto this somehow.

I mean if we have games in midweek at Exeter or Carlisle for example most would not be able to make them so would like the option of TV streaming the games.

Obviously it's always better to be at the game but if it's games you cannot make this would be next best option.

Enjoy and I'm sure you can let everyone know about it value wise and stream quality wise 😎

tarquinbeech
11-07-2017, 09:52 PM
Well if you get 30 games that's still great value just over £3 a game if this works lots of UK based fans are going to try and jump onto this somehow.

I mean if we have games in midweek at Exeter or Carlisle for example most would not be able to make them so would like the option of TV streaming the games.

Obviously it's always better to be at the game but if it's games you cannot make this would be next best option.

Enjoy and I'm sure you can let everyone know about it value wise and stream quality wise ��

My worry is that ex-pats start to "live feed" it back to the UK......then the service gets cut off......someone always tries to cut corners and I just want one full season of live matches before it gets halted

queenslandpie
12-07-2017, 12:16 AM
My worry is that ex-pats start to "live feed" it back to the UK......then the service gets cut off......someone always tries to cut corners and I just want one full season of live matches before it gets halted

If they have any sense they will have installed technology to detect when a VPN is being used and block it like Netflix do. Otherwise it's rife for abuse. As you say elsewhere this thing is new it will develop and it will be a moveable feast as time progresses. The blacked out games will be the ones on Sky / ESPN or the Beeb I suppose. In which case I will just turn my VPN on and watch them for free!

andy6025
12-07-2017, 04:59 AM
**** me... I just typed a post in here and it completely disappeared. Anyways, here's my take:

Also using you as a guinea pig, Tarkers, but being a pessimist, it so far doesn't bode well. First they advertise at you, get your money, and then fail to deliver. And when you complain you get this coded language:

"very optimistic... unchartered territory... caution... unfortunately (x2)... don’t have the capability... a cameraman (rather than a crew with multiple cameras)... don’t have access... unable to provide... I’m afraid... permanently engrained... sorry... isn’t much help..."

As 'nice' as 'Nick' was in that email, I think you've been given the slick. Go on Tarkers, track him down!!! Call him at home!!! (no, don't... I'm just kidding!)

queenslandpie
12-07-2017, 08:05 AM
**** me... I just typed a post in here and it completely disappeared. Anyways, here's my take:

Also using you as a guinea pig, Tarkers, but being a pessimist, it so far doesn't bode well. First they advertise at you, get your money, and then fail to deliver. And when you complain you get this coded language:

"very optimistic... unchartered territory... caution... unfortunately (x2)... don’t have the capability... a cameraman (rather than a crew with multiple cameras)... don’t have access... unable to provide... I’m afraid... permanently engrained... sorry... isn’t much help..."

As 'nice' as 'Nick' was in that email, I think you've been given the slick. Go on Tarkers, track him down!!! Call him at home!!! (no, don't... I'm just kidding!)

Have you considered applying for a job on Hilary Clinton's campaign team?! He did his best! He's also correct in that the club will take the flack being the front line but they are told what to as as they are the Football Leagues bitch.

tarquinbeech
12-07-2017, 09:24 AM
Sorry to bore everyone, but some things don't make sense.

On Saturday, I contacted Lee on iFollow to "complain" that I couldn't see the RR game (there's a "live chat" button at the bottom of the Matchday screen). He told me that it wasn't his problem....I had to contact Notts.....and I got the answer that I posted earlier.

Just been doing a search on Google of friendlies shown on iFollow, and I found 7 pages of discussion by PNE fans on the iFollow game v Bamber Bridge, yep Bamber Sodding Bridge.......so Notts don't show the match v RR, Preston DO show their's v BB.....here's the various discussions v match quality, Firefox v Chrome etc

http://www.pne-online.net/forum/showthread.php?103297-iFollow/page7

My obvious question is, if Preston friendlies are "live", why not Notts?............and who is making the decision, Notts or the EFL?

tarquinbeech
12-07-2017, 10:16 AM
Sorry to bore everyone, but some things don't make sense.

On Saturday, I contacted Lee on iFollow to "complain" that I couldn't see the RR game (there's a "live chat" button at the bottom of the Matchday screen). He told me that it wasn't his problem....I had to contact Notts.....and I got the answer that I posted earlier.

Just been doing a search on Google of friendlies shown on iFollow, and I found 7 pages of discussion by PNE fans on the iFollow game v Bamber Bridge, yep Bamber Sodding Bridge.......so Notts don't show the match v RR, Preston DO show their's v BB.....here's the various discussions v match quality, Firefox v Chrome etc

http://www.pne-online.net/forum/showthread.php?103297-iFollow/page7

My obvious question is, if Preston friendlies are "live", why not Notts?............and who is making the decision, Notts or the EFL?

....and to confuse me even more, here are the 6 goals in glorious HD and slow-mo.....from iFollow!!.....so the cameras were there, but someone forgot to flip the "live" button?......or am I just not understanding how these things work?

https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/ifollow/

Elite_Pie
12-07-2017, 10:32 AM
....and to confuse me even more, here are the 6 goals in glorious HD and slow-mo.....from iFollow!!.....so the cameras were there, but someone forgot to flip the "live" button?......or am I just not understanding how these things work?

If you pause that vid on 1:27, there is a good shot of Alan Hardy standing behind the goal wearing the stone shorts and pink shirt.

Fashion tip Big Al - that attire is more suited to the first tee than a footy match.

marshall55
12-07-2017, 11:10 AM
If you pause that vid on 1:27, there is a good shot of Alan Hardy standing behind the goal wearing the stone shorts and pink shirt.

Fashion tip Big Al - that attire is more suited to the first tee than a footy match.

And his right hand man, scary bloke him looks like something from the Krays.

frenchmagpie
12-07-2017, 11:25 AM

This sort of thing is putting me off signing up. Magpie Player was crap and I'm worried this will be the same. Also the 'we'll show every game apart from the ones we won't'.

You've been brave shelling out and I'm grateful for the updates but I won't be ifollowing just yet.

tarquinbeech
25-07-2017, 04:11 PM
Bumping this to the top.....the Official site have removed the "live on iFollow" from the last of the friendlies, so the big test will be the first match away at Coventry.....the free crate of NBA has been delivered by helicopter along with the 3D goggles and a signed pic of BigAl in his khakis.

More nearer the big day.

JoePass
25-07-2017, 04:46 PM
Bumping this to the top.....the Official site have removed the "live on iFollow" from the last of the friendlies, so the big test will be the first match away at Coventry.....the free crate of NBA has been delivered by helicopter along with the 3D goggles and a signed pic of BigAl in his khakis.

More nearer the big day.

Let me know how it goes Tarquin. It might be worth me signing up at my place in Spain instead of just listening to a live commentary when I come over and miss matches. Much better to watch the match and then I might be tempted to come over more often. I usually miss about 4 home matches a year coming over so being able to watch a live match with a few cans of San Miguel is rather appealing :P.

Anyway now Colin has retired it won't be the same listening anyway....

Trickytreesreds
25-07-2017, 04:53 PM

Don't worry, I have Betsy for back up

queenslandpie
25-07-2017, 07:14 PM

More nearer the big day.

I can handle no commentary but looking at some of the highlights such as the Wigan game the camera is miles from the pitch and El Gringo seems to not understand how to use his zoom. I'd also be interested to know if there are going to be action replays on ifollow - I assume not? If the camera is that far away from the pitch with no zoom it's a 'No Alan' from me.

tarquinbeech
05-08-2017, 01:08 PM
Well, the big day has finally arrived. Not sure of where to actually watch the game (I'm assuming it's on Match Day Centre?)......if there is anyone else out there in cyberspace intending to watch....please could they post on here once they get live pics from the Ricoh......just so I'm not sat here like a pillock scratching my nads watching the wrong screen

ps Which way do I point this aerial?

Cheers m' Dears.

eyepie
05-08-2017, 01:18 PM
Please keep us informed TB. I want to join from Spain for the times I am out there along with my 'normal' subscription from the UK for away games. Joining twice should be interesting for the system.

SwalePie
05-08-2017, 01:18 PM
Well, the big day has finally arrived. Not sure of where to actually watch the game (I'm assuming it's on Match Day Centre?)......if there is anyone else out there in cyberspace intending to watch....please could they post on here once they get live pics from the Ricoh......just so I'm not sat here like a pillock scratching my nads watching the wrong screen

ps Which way do I point this aerial?

Cheers m' Dears.

Just had a quick look round the iFollow section and I'm guessing you go and click the little camera closer to kick off time at this link...>>

https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/matches/fixtures/

tarquinbeech
05-08-2017, 01:29 PM
Just had a quick look round the iFollow section and I'm guessing you go and click the little camera closer to kick off time at this link...>>

https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/matches/fixtures/

Tried that.....it just sends me back to the "sign up" page......grrrrr.....getting nervous

Two other people asking similar questions on Facebook......who have "live" warm-up pics on their site......annoying

eyepie
05-08-2017, 01:30 PM
Can't say that it is easy to follow.

tarquinbeech
05-08-2017, 01:34 PM
YESSSSSS.....it's on Match Day Centre.......it says "watch live"....no pics yet but it says I'm logged in and waiting......I've got a tingly feeling....is it beer time yet?

marshall55
05-08-2017, 01:37 PM
it might be come 5pm.

eyepie
05-08-2017, 01:40 PM
I can pick up the commentary which is all I should get in the UK, so all good so far.

tarquinbeech
05-08-2017, 01:40 PM
it might be come 5pm.

Don't ruin it....pleeeeaaassseee

Nice layout.......tv screen across the top.....7 buttons below, teams, live text, match stats etc......still no pics but I'm deffo logged on

St Kitts Magpie
05-08-2017, 01:44 PM
Don't ruin it....pleeeeaaassseee

Nice layout.......tv screen across the top.....7 buttons below, teams, live text, match stats etc......still no pics but I'm deffo logged on

will we be able to listen to Charlie Slater whilst watching it live?

eyepie
05-08-2017, 01:46 PM
That should be the case I believe.

tarquinbeech
05-08-2017, 01:48 PM
will we be able to listen to Charlie Slater whilst watching it live?

No idea, still no pics or commentary.....13 minutes to go then I'm gonna start kicking the goats

eyepie
05-08-2017, 01:50 PM
If you do that then don't turn your back on them afterwards.

tarquinbeech
05-08-2017, 01:52 PM
I'm getting an intro.....yesssssss........LIVE.....bit "jumpy".....but it's LIVE

eyepie
05-08-2017, 01:53 PM
What are you watching on TB ? PC, laptop, ipad, phone ??

tarquinbeech
05-08-2017, 01:55 PM
What are you watching on TB ? PC, laptop, ipad, phone ??

Laptop....might need to check my download settings....pic is freezing every 5 seconds.....

eyepie
05-08-2017, 01:56 PM
What download speed are you getting out there?

St Kitts Magpie
05-08-2017, 01:57 PM
players arent even out yet on the live viewing...or is that just me?

eyepie
05-08-2017, 01:58 PM

The camera is probably at Meadow Lane

tarquinbeech
05-08-2017, 02:00 PM

I'm guessing there's a lag time.....poor crowd in the far stand....looks like ML with the "full stand" being underneath the camera

tarquinbeech
05-08-2017, 02:04 PM
Has the match been delayed?

eyepie
05-08-2017, 02:07 PM
Yes - just about to start

eyepie
05-08-2017, 02:10 PM
Started

beeso84
05-08-2017, 02:11 PM
Yes - just about to start

Anyone got any idea why I am getting the local Coventry radio commentary and not radio Nottingham?

eyepie
05-08-2017, 02:14 PM
Anyone got any idea why I am getting the local Coventry radio commentary and not radio Nottingham?

No, don't know how you can change that.

beeso84
05-08-2017, 02:20 PM
Are you getting Charlie Slaters commentary or is everyone getting the Coventry commentary

eyepie
05-08-2017, 02:21 PM
Are you getting Charlie Slaters commentary or is everyone getting the Coventry commentary
If I go on to it here in the UK it appears to be the Coventry one.

spag
05-08-2017, 02:58 PM
I'm watching from the UAE but there is no commentary on the video feed is that the same for everybody else who is watching?

tarquinbeech
05-08-2017, 03:07 PM
I'm watching from the UAE but there is no commentary on the video feed is that the same for everybody else who is watching?

No commentary here on the live pic feed.....plus it's impossible to read the greyish shirt numbers against the grey and white stripes....basically I'm guessing as to some of the players plus reading the live text....cannot understand why no commentary

spag
05-08-2017, 03:11 PM
I've dropped a line to customer services. Let's see what comes back. Anybody know why kick off was delayed?

SwalePie
05-08-2017, 03:12 PM
I've dropped a line to customer services. Let's see what comes back. Anybody know why kick off was delayed?

There was a big thunderstorm and downpour but not sure if that was the reason or not

eyepie
05-08-2017, 03:12 PM

T'was a thunderstorm

tarquinbeech
05-08-2017, 04:13 PM

Please let me know the answer Spag, I honestly struggled with the players and their invisible numbers.....mind you, after that rubbish, no wonder the Notts players want to remain anonymous!

spag
05-08-2017, 04:34 PM
Will indeed. All quiet at the moment. Given it was first day probably quite a few issues to sort. I also noted stadium sound was also out of sync with the video.

On the whole reasonably happy with the live stream no buffering at all. Half way through the first half tried to get the commentary on my phone with the game on the iPad. That was out of sync with the video as well until I got thrown out of the streaming service for having to devices logged in at the same time.

tarquinbeech
05-08-2017, 04:41 PM
Will indeed. All quiet at the moment. Given it was first day probably quite a few issues to sort. I also noted stadium sound was also out of sync with the video.

On the whole reasonably happy with the live stream no buffering at all. Half way through the first half tried to get the commentary on my phone with the game on the iPad. That was out of sync with the video as well until I got thrown out of the streaming service for having to devices logged in at the same time.

Quite a few buffering issues here, I guess because I'm on a Mexican landline? Tried fiddling with the "pic quality" icon switching it from Auto to the lowest setting but it didn't really help much......I had a decent 25 minutes in the first half with no pics freezing but the second half was the worst....I need to do some research before Tuesday night to see if there is anything else I can tinker with.

spag
05-08-2017, 04:46 PM
What's your bandwidth? I'm working off 16mbps.

tarquinbeech
05-08-2017, 04:50 PM
What's your bandwidth? I'm working off 16mbps.

It says 100Mbps....is that right?.....it's a land line to the house and I'm connected by cable to the router

spag
05-08-2017, 04:53 PM
Oh shouldn't have a problem there then. Have you tried rebooting your router? What's it like watching the video interviews? No one downloading a movie at the same time?

spag
05-08-2017, 04:54 PM
Go to speedtest.net that will tell you exactly what you are running at.

marshall55
05-08-2017, 04:55 PM
Quite a few buffering issues here, I guess because I'm on a Mexican landline? Tried fiddling with the "pic quality" icon switching it from Auto to the lowest setting but it didn't really help much......I had a decent 25 minutes in the first half with no pics freezing but the second half was the worst....I need to do some research before Tuesday night to see if there is anything else I can tinker with.

are cup games included.

tarquinbeech
05-08-2017, 04:58 PM
Oh shouldn't have a problem there then. Have you tried rebooting your router? What's it like watching the video interviews? No one downloading a movie at the same time?

Just me here, nobody downloading anything.....plus I turned off all windows except MAD, no probs with watching HBO Movies or Series (sometimes I let the buffer bar get ahead by freezing the movie while I top up the pint pot), no probs with iFollow vids......but as soon as I logged onto the iFollow live stream, my laptop fan started racing like crazy

tarquinbeech
05-08-2017, 04:59 PM
are cup games included.

Just the Carabao I think

spag
05-08-2017, 05:01 PM
Are you using a vpn by any chance?

tarquinbeech
05-08-2017, 05:04 PM
Go to speedtest.net that will tell you exactly what you are running at.

ok....did that, thanks....ping 42ms...download 3.17mbps....upload 0.31mbps....I'm guessing this ain't good out here in the boonies?

tarquinbeech
05-08-2017, 05:05 PM
Are you using a vpn by any chance?

Not that I know of......straight Firefox

spag
05-08-2017, 05:11 PM
That is indeed your problem. Trying to stream relatively hi res video, looked like HD quality on my ipad, at 3 - 4 mb is going to struggle. Might be worth checking in with your provider to understand what they should be delivering. I did see lower res options on the side panel so might be worth doing some tests on Tuesday night to see if that helps.

tarquinbeech
05-08-2017, 05:26 PM
That is indeed your problem. Trying to stream relatively hi res video, looked like HD quality on my ipad, at 3 - 4 mb is going to struggle. Might be worth checking in with your provider to understand what they should be delivering. I did see lower res options on the side panel so might be worth doing some tests on Tuesday night to see if that helps.

Cheers Spag......my Mexican carrier pigeons look knackered....I'm off to give them some cracked corn, they did their best!

spag
05-08-2017, 05:44 PM
Welcome

Freeman25
05-08-2017, 06:08 PM
If it makes you feel any better Tarquin, the numbers would look awful in HD too, they need changing to either black, yellow or dare i say it... Red again...

queenslandpie
05-08-2017, 09:16 PM
If it makes you feel any better Tarquin, the numbers would look awful in HD too, they need changing to either black, yellow or dare i say it... Red again...

I;ll be interested to see what its like for home games I have been watching with interest. Based on the highlights of the Wigan friendly ( no commentary couldnt make out who was who) I have not signed up. Looks like my fears have been manifested with the comments from spag and tarkers. I have 20MBPS though so at least video quality would be ok.

tarquinbeech
05-08-2017, 10:10 PM

Thank you.....the numbers on the back are a joke, Sid said the same last week v York.....I actually started trying to read the numbers on the shorts.....it was slightly easier

uysapie
05-08-2017, 10:12 PM
Thank you.....the numbers on the back are a joke, Sid said the same last week v York.....I actually started trying to read the numbers on the shorts.....it was slightly easier

Possibly the players want to remain anonymous?

tarquinbeech
05-08-2017, 10:56 PM
Possibly the players want to remain anonymous?

It's slightly odd that the first season that Notts "go International"....I cannot read the numbers.

I had no probs reading the Covo numbers

Freeman25
05-08-2017, 11:00 PM
Most people couldnt read them last season either, it doesn't bother me much because it's not that hard to see who the players are just from their appearances. We should just go back to having a plain back of the shirt and ignore the people that complain "you need to buy a name and number otherwise it looks bad", obviously it's too late for that this season but we need to try a different coloured number at least.

spag
08-08-2017, 10:35 AM
Got a message back after writing a further 2 times .... apparently it's down to the individual club to determine if they want to add commentary to the video stream or not. So they advise me to speak with Notts. Anybody know who or which email address that would be?

Old_pie
08-08-2017, 10:54 AM
Got a message back after writing a further 2 times .... apparently it's down to the individual club to determine if they want to add commentary to the video stream or not. So they advise me to speak with Notts. Anybody know who or which email address that would be?

All contact details are listed at https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/contact-us/ including those for iFollow:

"For iFollow issues, please contact media@nottscountyfc.co.uk."

spag
08-08-2017, 12:01 PM
👍cheers

tarquinbeech
10-08-2017, 01:56 PM
��cheers

Spag - Did you get a reply on whether we're getting commentary in the future?

spag
12-08-2017, 03:03 AM
Unfortunately not. I've had no response whatsoever. Mail sent to the Media team so I'll try a different account later today.

spag
12-08-2017, 01:00 PM
Just had a response from ifollow who said there was a technical issue last week that they have now resolved. So fingers crossed for today's match

tarquinbeech
12-08-2017, 01:26 PM
Just had a response from ifollow who said there was a technical issue last week that they have now resolved. So fingers crossed for today's match

Cheers.....20 minutes and we'll find out

tarquinbeech
12-08-2017, 01:52 PM
Cheers.....20 minutes and we'll find out

I've got sound..........but no pics, anyone else?

spag
12-08-2017, 01:54 PM
Same here watch live is greyed out

spag
12-08-2017, 01:57 PM
Now I'm getting upgrade your account when clicking on listen now. Frustration is beginning to boil

spag
12-08-2017, 02:00 PM
Rebooted now got audio. Trying to find out when the video stream has gone.

St Kitts Magpie
12-08-2017, 02:01 PM
I've got sound..........but no pics, anyone else?

me too

tarquinbeech
12-08-2017, 02:03 PM
Same here watch live is greyed out

Match started....no pics

tarquinbeech
12-08-2017, 02:14 PM
Now I'm getting upgrade your account when clicking on listen now. Frustration is beginning to boil

I e-mailed Notts....they said speak to iFollow....getting fed-up....grrrr

spag
12-08-2017, 02:19 PM
Writing to them on the chat bubble but they seem to have gone walk about.....

Got a bubble back .... escalating .... let's see

spag
12-08-2017, 02:25 PM
No problem with other matches apparently ...

spag
12-08-2017, 02:28 PM
Issue with the watch live link tests being carried out .. .

tarquinbeech
12-08-2017, 02:43 PM
Issue with the watch live link tests being carried out .. .

We are currently aware of an issue with the live video feed not being available for users. Our development team is aware of the issue and is currently working to resolve. Apologies for any inconvenience.

tarquinbeech
12-08-2017, 02:44 PM
We are currently aware of an issue with the live video feed not being available for users. Our development team is aware of the issue and is currently working to resolve. Apologies for any inconvenience.

Unfortunately we do not have time frame
We are currently waiting on an update from our development team

spag
12-08-2017, 02:44 PM
Pincer movement nice one

tarquinbeech
12-08-2017, 02:49 PM
Pincer movement nice one

£110 divided by 46 = £2 and change per game.....refund?

spag
12-08-2017, 02:51 PM
Might be a pound if working for second half ....

spag
12-08-2017, 02:54 PM
Seems to be working.. I can see the half time slate ...

keldsyke
12-08-2017, 02:56 PM
Have to admit being a foreign pie for sometime it would have been a god send for me, you would have like to have thought they would have tested it last season (perhaps they did?) but I can imagine everyone's frustration.

spag
12-08-2017, 03:02 PM
Video stream working can see the promo running

tarquinbeech
12-08-2017, 03:06 PM
Video stream working can see the promo running

pics of the pitch.....yesssssssss......hit the refresh button

spag
12-08-2017, 03:10 PM
Still no commentary.....

tarquinbeech
12-08-2017, 04:02 PM
Still no commentary.....

No commentary...but at least I got to see both goals....why Jorge is not starting the match is a complete mystery, superb player

paulharding
12-08-2017, 04:18 PM
No commentary...but at least I got to see both goals....why Jorge is not starting the match is a complete mystery, superb player

Are they blocking VPN access?
I watched the cov game last week using a Canadian vpn
But today I couldn't find anywhere to click on to watch the match live in the match centre.
I could only seem to listen
Thanks for your help

tarquinbeech
12-08-2017, 04:20 PM
Are they blocking VPN access?
I watched the cov game last week using a Canadian vpn
But today I couldn't find anywhere to click on to watch the match live in the match centre.
I could only seem to listen
Thanks for your help

it came on at halftime.....you had to hit the refresh button

paulharding
12-08-2017, 05:13 PM
it came on at halftime.....you had to hit the refresh button

Cheers mate. Thought they had blocked me

tarquinbeech
13-08-2017, 05:35 PM
OK...I've joined the 21st Century and......joined twitter to cast my vote on the new colour of the numbers on Notts shirts....I chose Red along with 60% of the 1,227 votes

Took the opportunity to ask AH about iFollow.

First game - pics no sound...iFollow say "speak to Notts County Media" in e-mails

Second game - first half, sound no pics.....Notts Media say "speak to iFollow"....problem resolved at half-time BUT

Second game - second half, pics no sound....iFollow say "speak to Notts Media" via the chat bubble

There are several other potential "customers" out there, maybe dozens, who still haven't signed up to iFollow International until these problems are resolved

frenchmagpie
13-08-2017, 06:54 PM
OK...I've joined the 21st Century and......joined twitter to cast my vote on the new colour of the numbers on Notts shirts....I chose Red along with 60% of the 1,227 votes

Took the opportunity to ask AH about iFollow.

First game - pics no sound...iFollow say "speak to Notts County Media" in e-mails

Second game - first half, sound no pics.....Notts Media say "speak to iFollow"....problem resolved at half-time BUT

Second game - second half, pics no sound....iFollow say "speak to Notts Media" via the chat bubble

There are several other potential "customers" out there, maybe dozens, who still haven't signed up to iFollow International until these problems are resolved

I'm one. I remember MagpiePlayer being a fiasco and I'm yet to be convinced this won't be the same.

spag
14-08-2017, 07:24 AM
Did you get any response?

queenslandpie
14-08-2017, 07:48 AM

A technology project with about 15 different people responsible for different things and no definitive support system. Marvelous. Glad I didn't go anywhere near it and won't be until it has been been functioning correctly for a sustainable period of time.

spag
14-08-2017, 03:05 PM
Response from ifollow support

"First of all, I apologise that you haven’t had a response to your previous emails, I can only assume this is from a lack of internal communication ourselves and that your email was missed, so I’m sorry for this delay.

Commentary on the iFollow match streams is not provided automatically, and is up to the club to provide. This does come at a cost to the club as well, although not a huge cost.

With the iFollow service being new, and only really launched in the days leading up to the season, we wanted to make sure that the fundamentals were correct before we tried to add to much complexity to the package.

I know it may seem a very simple thing, but on top of the costs it also requires someone being individually dedicated to that role. The stream you watch is actually transmitted on a 30 second delay, and therefore we aren’t able to take the radio commentary and overlay this, it would require someone to specifically commentate on the stream that is being transmitted, in order to match up the visual and audio elements.

We do really appreciate your feedback though, and I’m assuming, from your comments, this would make a big difference to your experience and to others you have spoken about this with?

I hope this explains why there is currently no commentary with the stream, and please let me know any further feedback you have on the service."

Old_pie
14-08-2017, 03:45 PM

"First of all, I apologise that you haven’t had a response to your previous emails, I can only assume this is from a lack of internal communication ourselves and that your email was missed, so I’m sorry for this delay.

Commentary on the iFollow match streams is not provided automatically, and is up to the club to provide. This does come at a cost to the club as well, although not a huge cost.

With the iFollow service being new, and only really launched in the days leading up to the season, we wanted to make sure that the fundamentals were correct before we tried to add to much complexity to the package.

I know it may seem a very simple thing, but on top of the costs it also requires someone being individually dedicated to that role. The stream you watch is actually transmitted on a 30 second delay, and therefore we aren’t able to take the radio commentary and overlay this, it would require someone to specifically commentate on the stream that is being transmitted, in order to match up the visual and audio elements.

We do really appreciate your feedback though, and I’m assuming, from your comments, this would make a big difference to your experience and to others you have spoken about this with?

I hope this explains why there is currently no commentary with the stream, and please let me know any further feedback you have on the service."

So were those facts made clear BEFORE getting folk to sign up? Seems all a bit mickey mouse to me though decent commentary isn't a trivial matter. Is there a choice of HD/Normal resolution as well for those in places with less than stellar broadband?

countygump
14-08-2017, 03:55 PM
So were those facts made clear BEFORE getting folk to sign up? Seems all a bit mickey mouse to me though decent commentary isn't a trivial matter. Is there a choice of HD/Normal resolution as well for those in places with less than stellar broadband?

More free extended highlights from i follow. You may need to sign up to view but you can view with a FREE account.

tarquinbeech
14-08-2017, 06:08 PM

I didn't see a reply but then again I don't really know how to use Twitter....I can see my post in my account page, but it's not on AH's timeline (unless it was removed)?....I thought I saw it there yesterday...odd.

upthemaggies
14-08-2017, 07:44 PM

The stream you watch is actually transmitted on a 30 second delay, and therefore we aren’t able to take the radio commentary and overlay this, it would require someone to specifically commentate on the stream that is being transmitted, in order to match up the visual and audio elements.

They could add the radio commentary at source, so that's on a 30 second delay also.

Steward
14-08-2017, 08:16 PM
Sounds like magpie player under a different name. But more of a waste of money

Freeman25
14-08-2017, 09:37 PM
I didn't see a reply but then again I don't really know how to use Twitter....I can see my post in my account page, but it's not on AH's timeline (unless it was removed)?....I thought I saw it there yesterday...odd.

It doesn't post onto his timeline, when you mention (direct a message to) "@Bigalanh5" he'll get a notification about it if he has them turned on, which with the amount of traffic he probably gets I doubt, otherwise he will be able to see it when he looks at his "mentions" or basically manually checks his notifications.

It would only appear on his timeline if he retweets it or includes it in a reply.

tarquinbeech
15-08-2017, 12:44 AM
It doesn't post onto his timeline, when you mention (direct a message to) "@Bigalanh5" he'll get a notification about it if he has them turned on, which with the amount of traffic he probably gets I doubt, otherwise he will be able to see it when he looks at his "mentions" or basically manually checks his notifications.

It would only appear on his timeline if he retweets it or includes it in a reply.

I saw 2 "mentions" but didn't know how to see them.....maybe I'm stupid (no need for a smart reply guys)

spag
15-08-2017, 08:31 AM
Personally for someone like me who has lived abroad for 20 odd years Magpie Player and now ifollow have been a god send. To be able to watch a 4th tier team live is tremendous. Without our honest feedback and giving these products a try such systems would never come to fruition or be improved. We can't expect SKY coverage so we may have to tone down our expectations. For 2 pounds a game I think it is a reasonable product and am hoping for some improvements in the medium term. Remember if you don't use it you'll lose it and that would be most disappointing for us expat pies.

spag
15-08-2017, 09:13 AM
Response from ifollow regarding commentary.....

"This is something we will review later in the season.

I have passed on your comments to our head of media and communications and we will look into what we can do for this. It’s an option we had to take up with the EFL at the beginning of the season, so it may be that we are unable to change this until next season.

Thanks again for your feedback, the overseas iFollow service is brilliant, but only being available to overseas customers we can’t get an idea of what the experience is like for ourselves! So any feedback you have is greatly appreciated."

Think I'll drop a line to both Notts and the EFL. Can't hurt if more of us do the same.

tarquinbeech
25-08-2017, 06:54 PM
Is anyone getting any pics for tonight's Accy game......no pics here in Mexico, just commentary?

St Kitts Magpie
25-08-2017, 07:02 PM
Is anyone getting any pics for tonight's Accy game......no pics here in Mexico, just commentary?

Pictures here in Cyprus but not very good ones.....

tarquinbeech
25-08-2017, 07:13 PM
Pictures here in Cyprus but not very good ones.....

Mexican pigeon-post isn't working here, up in the mountains.....grrrrr.....I need to upgrade my internet I think

St Kitts Magpie
25-08-2017, 07:16 PM
Mexican pigeon-post isn't working here, up in the mountains.....grrrrr.....I need to upgrade my internet I think

you're not missing much

tarquinbeech
25-08-2017, 07:20 PM
you're not missing much

Except the goal!!

St Kitts Magpie
25-08-2017, 07:23 PM
indeed!!!!!

St Kitts Magpie
25-08-2017, 07:33 PM
indeed!!!!!

Lost the picture for the last 10 minutes. hopefully back in time for the 2nd half!!!!

tarquinbeech
25-08-2017, 07:41 PM
Lost the picture for the last 10 minutes. hopefully back in time for the 2nd half!!!!

Not sure whether to make yet another complaint to the pointy-hats in charge.....I'm well happy with commentary and all the post-match vids......but sending HD pics to the arse-end-of-nowhere is impossible.......where I am, they've only just discovered electricity!!

Old_pie
25-08-2017, 07:46 PM
Not sure whether to make yet another complaint to the pointy-hats in charge.....I'm well happy with commentary and all the post-match vids......but sending HD pics to the arse-end-of-nowhere is impossible.......where I am, they've only just discovered electricity!!

I made that very point a few days ago. Not very joined up thinking.

tarquinbeech
25-08-2017, 07:52 PM
I made that very point a few days ago. Not very joined up thinking.

I'm going to pop into TelMex next week and see if they have a way to improve my download speeds

Old_pie
25-08-2017, 08:26 PM
I'm going to pop into TelMex next week and see if they have a way to improve my download speeds

Best also to get onto iFollow and suggest non-HD option.

For download speed make sure your internal wiring is up to spec and you are using a quality filter. What do your ISP say you should get?

tarquinbeech
25-08-2017, 08:27 PM
Best also to get onto iFollow and suggest non-HD option.

For download speed make sure your internal wiring is up to spec and you are using a quality filter. What do your ISP say you should get?

My last check said 3.17 download speed

Old_pie
25-08-2017, 08:36 PM
My last check said 3.17 download speed

I doubt that's enough for HD - what happens with YouTube videos - if they're jerky or you're too slow. And do you mean by check that you checked with your ISP or you did a download test - they should be able to tell you what you should get at your location because they know the line length. Otherwise you don't know where to start to look for speed improvements. If they say 4mbps is your max you're stuffed. At the last place I lived the max was 1.5 simply due to the distance to the exchange and I could JUST watch YouTube non-HD video but not BBC iPlayer.

I reckon you need ~6mbps min for live HD