PDA

View Full Version : Millers to bring in Proctor

Footymad
24-06-2017, 01:26 PM
- External Link (http://www.rotherhamunited-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/millers_to_bring_in_proctor_909031/index.shtml)

pip_y
24-06-2017, 01:49 PM
Heading implies this is a done deal yet article only says we are very interested. What is the true answer?

Silly-miller
24-06-2017, 02:08 PM
Heading implies this is a done deal yet article only says we are very interested. What is the true answer?

As far as I know we have had a bid of £75,000 accepted by Bolton, but if you look at his record it isn't impressive

millers88
24-06-2017, 02:18 PM
Next striker we bring in has to have a decent goal scoring pedigree now no messing about because none of the strikers we've signed are renowned for that.

flourbasher
24-06-2017, 03:18 PM
I think it's Doidge from FGR that is meant to be the main scorer - if we get him
Warney sees Proctor in a Revs type role.

lbj
24-06-2017, 07:51 PM
This is a gem....optimism ratings slump!

"no messing about because none of the strikers we've signed are renowned for that"

"That" being scoring goals.....!

I do hope this league is as poor as I remember and saw on TV because it looks like our squad will fit right in....two rookie managers enticing the better players to the club.....ok NOT....but one can bring a few old mates....OMG.

Patience levels on this board will be tested to the full this season....if it's "quality " that's wanted....Sadly it isn't !

Warnsey will send the team out to run around for 90 minutes chasing and chasing "the Rotherham way".....and we'll be fine....not "Quality" but effort....shown....like orangutans after a banana !

Can't wait to watch the matches and read the posts.....and compare them to the previous years....

ThryberghMILLER23
24-06-2017, 08:02 PM
This is a gem....optimism ratings slump!

"no messing about because none of the strikers we've signed are renowned for that"

"That" being scoring goals.....!

I do hope this league is as poor as I remember and saw on TV because it looks like our squad will fit right in....two rookie managers enticing the better players to the club.....ok NOT....but one can bring a few old mates....OMG.

Patience levels on this board will be tested to the full this season....if it's "quality " that's wanted....Sadly it isn't !

Warnsey will send the team out to run around for 90 minutes chasing and chasing "the Rotherham way".....and we'll be fine....not "Quality" but effort....shown....like orangutans after a banana !

Can't wait to watch the matches and read the posts.....and compare them to the previous years....

I like the look of him and he's a handful in this division. With a fit JCH and Ball in behind we could have a decent attack for this league. Quite impressed with the signings so far. Good lads and some with a bit of flair and hard work mixed in

Donald_Valley
24-06-2017, 09:06 PM
I like the look of him and he's a handful in this division. With a fit JCH and Ball in behind we could have a decent attack for this league. Quite impressed with the signings so far. Good lads and some with a bit of flair and hard work mixed in

Just outside the playoffs with the side if we can get Freks on the pitch. Think back to last time....we are missing the 20 goals from Agard in this team. We won't be able to bring in a Dicko this time to kick start the season so if Tony really want to make a push then we need a goal scorer and a right back.

sawmiller
24-06-2017, 09:15 PM
Just outside the playoffs with the side if we can get Freks on the pitch. Think back to last time....we are missing the 20 goals from Agard in this team. We won't be able to bring in a Dicko this time to kick start the season so if Tony really want to make a push then we need a goal scorer and a right back.

yes, good points DV

ThryberghMILLER23
24-06-2017, 09:26 PM

Don't think we need one I'd play Vaulks there as he by far the best in that position imo. we may need a box to box midfielder for Frecks of he gets injured. I agree another striker a fox in the box would be good but we will see if they can bring that in

Donald_Valley
24-06-2017, 09:30 PM
Don't think we need one I'd play Vaulks there as he by far the best in that position imo. we may need a box to box midfielder for Frecks of he gets injured. I agree another striker a fox in the box would be good but we will see if they can bring that in

Heard that Vaulks doesn't want to play there.

ThryberghMILLER23
24-06-2017, 09:39 PM
Heard that Vaulks doesn't want to play there.

He's contracted to play where we want him to. I'm not that fussed of him in cm barring first game he lacks composure on ball. The amount of games he just whacks ball up in air instead of brining it down and holding a player off and keeping possession got a bit daft last year. He can do the dirty stuff and has his moments but for me rb is his best position he's not quick but good positionaly and can head and tackle. Just my opinion but I think we need more creative players in cm next year

Silly-miller
24-06-2017, 09:54 PM
He's contracted to play where we want him to. I'm not that fussed of him in cm barring first game he lacks composure on ball. The amount of games he just whacks ball up in air instead of brining it down and holding a player off and keeping possession got a bit daft last year. He can do the dirty stuff and has his moments but for me rb is his best position he's not quick but good positionaly and can head and tackle. Just my opinion but I think we need more creative players in cm next year

I think we need a lot of things in the squad I'm hoping we have a decent crosser this year last year we had a lot of long passes but not many that was accurate. Also I'd like someone to take a few long shots maybe JCH and most of all I'm hoping for more speed up front and better pass accuracy.

Not much to ask for is it

ThryberghMILLER23
24-06-2017, 10:04 PM
I think we need a lot of things in the squad I'm hoping we have a decent crosser this year last year we had a lot of long passes but not many that was accurate. Also I'd like someone to take a few long shots maybe JCH and most of all I'm hoping for more speed up front and better pass accuracy.

Not much to ask for is it

The accuracy will be better due to the gap in the division and we will win the ball back quicker when we do **** up. Our wingers arnt bad for l1 the championship jump was too much for them last year. I actually like Taylor just needs to produce every week, he can not help his size or build to a fashion but I like his direct style and I think he will come good. The amount of headers he wins is admerabil for his size. A play off push next year is a big possibility. And tbh I'd be happy with that. We will yo yo between this league and the championship for a long time as we are a decent sized club for l1 but not financially strong enough for the championship. But I'll tell you now is take that, supporting my home town club than a money bag prem club any day

Silly-miller
24-06-2017, 10:17 PM
But I'll tell you now is take that, supporting my home town club than a money bag prem club any day

Amen to that.

What's point in supporting a club that you need to wait 11 years for a season ticket and is hours away

dalemiller
25-06-2017, 08:05 PM
So far I'm also happy with our signings, I also agree about signing another striker and RB ( I have heard a rumour a deal for one is in the making ) but I do think there's one position we are really weak at and that is another keeper for I for one don't have a lot of faith in out current two

Silly-miller
25-06-2017, 09:30 PM
So far I'm also happy with our signings, I also agree about signing another striker and RB ( I have heard a rumour a deal for one is in the making ) but I do think there's one position we are really weak at and that is another keeper for I for one don't have a lot of faith in out current two

I don't know I think O'Donnell is decent for league 1 but yeah price isn't right for us. But if we can't get rid of him I wouldn't get another keeper we would have too many