PDA

View Full Version : O/t £1bn To Prop Up A Minority Government

animallittle3
26-06-2017, 10:47 AM
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/blog/live/2017/jun/26/brexit-eu-nationals-theresa-may-to-meet-arlene-foster-in-hope-of-finalising-torydup-deal-politics-live

Amazing where these self indulgent tories can find £1bn from when it suits their ideology .

I wonder if they have borrowed Labour's magic money tree perhaps ?

They clearly didn't have this kind of money to make social high rise tower blocks safe , the NHS could have done with that amount of money so that patients weren't treated in hospital corridors and waiting rooms and given staff a much needed pay increase along with public sector workers .

I've studied the tory manifesto and I don't seem to be able to find £1bn for investment in the Shankill Road .

Call an election you self interested set of pond life , who the feck do you think you are spending my hard earned so you still can't govern .

Be gone .

lbj
26-06-2017, 11:06 AM
If that's been reported then quadruple that figure plus other benefits.

Billions to save a RUBBISH economic disaster of a government - but they'll just fleece a few million OAP's to pay for their failures.....

Bring back Gordon Brown.....Britain's most successful post war chancellor !

Probably best ever chancellor....but he got some bad press didn't he ?

Who owns the media again...?

DK_NY
26-06-2017, 11:09 AM
Under a coalition government, everything in the manifesto will be
MayDUP

animallittle3
26-06-2017, 11:33 AM
My word hasn't the unelectable Islington commie got them shyting bricks .

Clearly £1bn is a small price to pay to keep things exactly how the establishment and the tories like .

I wonder why that might be ?

Because Corbyn and Labour will end this top end keeps all policy , tax the bstrds at a fair rate , end tax evasion and hand more clout to the people who really create the wealth .

The party's over , this DUP love in won't go more than 6 months and the vegetables in the cabinet aren't appealing enough to win an election that's for sure if one should want to step up .

The tides turned , over the cliff edge you go vicars daughter .

Ooooh Jeremy Corbyn .

frogmiller
26-06-2017, 11:42 AM
I presume that the £1bn is for the duration of this government but to be paid over 2 years.

I'm a bit lost to know why the conservative party can pay this sum out of the public purse to maybe guarentee a majority for them. Obviously this will get passed as now because both parties have decided yet you've paid or will pay for it.

leedsmiller
26-06-2017, 11:43 AM
Blatant political blackmail with the taxpayer footing the bill. And I naively thought we lived in a democracy.

rolymiller
26-06-2017, 11:55 AM
Can't see Welsh and Scots voters being chuffed with this. Another noose round the tories heads methinks.

frogmiller
26-06-2017, 12:06 PM
Can't see Welsh and Scots voters being chuffed with this. Another noose round the tories heads methinks.

Dead right Roly.

They could have promised £100m to 10 marginal constituants and got a majority using this method.

It fecking stinks.

Redshank
26-06-2017, 12:33 PM
This deal with the UDA/DUP is the latest in what is becoming a long line of monumental f***-ups by May. The woman is utterly incompetent.

Why the hell didn't she go for a minority government? At least she would have had the chance to get an ounce of respect back from the voters. As it is the UDA/DUP will have the Tories trousers down over the next few months/years.
".....if once you have paid him the Dane-geld you never get rid of the Dane"

At least it's instantly neutralised the Tory tabloid pathetic mantra about Corbyn and the IRA.

Labour are on a massive roll and the Tories are shi;;ing themselves.

Loving it B)

brassgnat
26-06-2017, 02:19 PM
https://video.search.yahoo.com/search/video?fr=tightropetb&p=harry+enfield+ulster+man#id=4&vid=a52b952477a3b8ce93eb595c7e15c57a&action=click

One of May's BREXIT negotiators?

gm_gm
26-06-2017, 03:11 PM
In actual fact its no different to what Corbyn did with his "give away" manifesto. Even though it would have been impossible to introduce and would have put the country into hundred billions of debt, these bribes were well received as every tom dick and "arry" who thought that JC was producing 5,000 loafs of bread just like his namesake did over 2,000 years ago.

The exception being this JC is real and the pain of his actions would have brought about another 2008 with much more serious consequences

frogmiller
26-06-2017, 03:29 PM
In actual fact its no different to what Corbyn did with his "give away" manifesto. Even though it would have been impossible to introduce and would have put the country into hundred billions of debt, these bribes were well received as every tom dick and "arry" who thought that JC was producing 5,000 loafs of bread just like his namesake did over 2,000 years ago.

The exception being this JC is real and the pain of his actions would have brought about another 2008 with much more serious consequences

I don't know whether this helps you gmgm

There are graphs as well

http://www.ukpublicspending.co.uk/debt_history

Gainsbro_Miller
26-06-2017, 03:41 PM

It is very different and I think you know it is.

Labour made it clear what they wanted to do in terms of spending and would probably have stuck to it.

The Tories have drastically from many of their Manifesto Pledges, as confirmed by the Queens speech last week.

They have now promised £1bn (although I would wager it will be a lot more but they can't let us plebs know the truth) to buy a few more votes tat MAY give them a small majority.

But, she isn't well liked by all of her own party and any critical votes could see some of the Tory MP's voting against her or abstaining.

What happens then?? It would prove to be an even bigger gamble and would prove to be a complete waste of PUBLIC funds.

lbj
26-06-2017, 04:02 PM
Listen to the media and listen for that deafening SILENCE....!

NOW IF LABOUR HAD DONE THIS....!

PAPERS - RADIO - TINTERNET - TV WOULD BE FULL OF IT....

WHO OWN's THE MEDIA....ANY DOUBTS NOW ?

Redshank
26-06-2017, 04:12 PM

That’s all political conjecture depending on the colour of your politics. The fact remains that Corbyn costed all his policies, whether you believe him or not is entirely irrelevant. Despite all the bull about “strong and stable” May has at a stroke destroyed the image of supposed Tory financial prudence. At least £1bn to be majicked up from…….somewhere? For Tory supporters such as yourself she must have lost all credibility? Or is that a price worth paying in order to cling desperately to power? Stuff the manifesto, stuff the carefully crafted image, stuff the bloody country!!!

It remains to be seen who will have to pay for the UDA/DUP bribe(s???). My guess is that they’ll plough on with corporation tax cuts regardless to keep the restless backbenchers happy, so expect more pain for the NHS and hikes in income tax and NI contributions for the rest of us.

Roll on the next election.

sawmiller
26-06-2017, 06:42 PM
Oh Tess - what an awful mess! Painful - one thing after another...

millmoormagic
26-06-2017, 07:03 PM

Hahaha, same old tories, personalised negative attacks which clearly didn't work in the election, and still piling them out now, carry on gm, carry on, folk have seen right through that shyte....:D

gm_gm
26-06-2017, 07:34 PM
There hasn't been a single time in modern history where raising taxes and increasing public spending has increased tax revenue, secondly investment stops and people lose their jobs.

JC and his Marxist pal predicted an increase in revenues a uptopia of smiling tax payers

You commies can buddy up with your insults if you want, I have common sense, history and a lifetime in banking, finance and economics on my side

millmoormagic
26-06-2017, 07:42 PM
There hasn't been a single time in modern history where raising taxes and increasing public spending has increased tax revenue, secondly investment stops and people lose their jobs.

JC and his Marxist pal predicted an increase in revenues a uptopia of smiling tax payers

You commies can buddy up with your insults if you want, I have common sense, history and a lifetime in banking, finance and economics on my side

:D:D:D you missed out talking ballacks fella!

Casper64Frank
26-06-2017, 07:46 PM

Care to make a comment on what the Tories have done gm_gm.

It`s not the fact they`re putting much needed investment into N.I. for the next 2yrs Parliament, for some it`s the reason it`s been done and the way it`s been done. The Tories are using public funds to dig themselves out of a hole they dug themselves into. No comparison to Jeremy Corbyn`s `giveaways`.
It seems de facto leader Arlene Foster has the b.alls...and what worries me this bunch are trying to negotiate Brexit.
Make no mistake gm_ gm, you, I and millions more are about to be shafted financially.

Was it Irving Berlin / Nat King Cole song.....There MAY be trouble ahead.

sawmiller
26-06-2017, 07:49 PM
Banking, finance and economics -your own business mate or working for the big corps? Ex city boy?

It's now a DUPtopia.....so disappointed in Tess...

tony260674
26-06-2017, 08:37 PM

That simply isn't true GM. The Labour government of Blair 1997-2007 raised taxation from 33.9% of GDP to 36.2% of GDP, public spending increased over this period by an average of 5.1% and tax revenue increased from £298bn to £514bn.

millmoormagic
26-06-2017, 08:42 PM
That simply isn't true GM. The Labour government of Blair 1997-2007 raised taxation from 33.9% of GDP to 36.2% of GDP, public spending increased over this period by an average of 5.1% and tax revenue increased from £298bn to £514bn.

well well well....

gm_gm
26-06-2017, 09:27 PM

You have reinforced my point Tony wholesale funding collapsed in 2007 not 2008 which caused liquidity problems. Tony Blair created an false economy by creating hundreds of quangos that didn't produce or contribute.

Blair bulkEd up the public sector that was paid for from the booming financial services sector at the time....when it went bang so did the public sector jobs.

Georgina maffinis paper on this explains this perfectly well in an economic context..please read Tony http://eureka.sbs.ox.ac.uk/4552/1/WP1302.pdf

The taxation table clearly shows Blair lowered corporation tax during his tenure

millmoormagic
26-06-2017, 09:34 PM
You have reinforced my point Tony wholesale funding collapsed in 2007 not 2008 which caused liquidity problems. Tony Blair created an false economy by creating hundreds of quangos that didn't produce or contribute.

Blair bulkEd up the public sector that was paid for from the booming financial services sector at the time....when it went bang so did the public sector jobs.

Georgina maffinis paper on this explains this perfectly well in an economic context..please read Tony http://eureka.sbs.ox.ac.uk/4552/1/WP1302.pdf

Ah, those bankers eh, getting away with murder time and time again, the only industry to absolutely screw the world over, get away with it scot free, and get bailed out by taxpayers across the globe, to award themselves millions in bonuses, to continue to be bailed out by taxpayers.....it's all the Labour patry's fault though obviously....pathetic gm.

tony260674
26-06-2017, 09:38 PM

The taxation table clearly shows Blair lowered corporation tax during his tenure

You didn't say raised corporation tax GM, you said raised tax, which Blair did. If you are going to quote someone then please get their name correct: Giorgia Maffini.
Where was my birthday wishes??

rolymiller
26-06-2017, 09:44 PM
Pawn ya silver we are truly knacked.

animallittle3
26-06-2017, 09:53 PM
This £1bn should come from tory party funds and not the taxpayer .

She called the election and she fecked up her majority and now the taxpayers are expected to dig her out of the hole she created herself .

Tell you what I loathed Thatcher with a passion but not even she would have stooped as low as this ( gritted teeth ) .

That said every move such as this knocks another nail in the tory coffin .

They will get their humiliation at the ballot box , nobody can carry on like this long term , politically impossible .

tony260674
26-06-2017, 10:05 PM

She called the election and she fecked up her majority and now the taxpayers are expected to dig her out of the hole she created herself .

Tell you what I loathed Thatcher with a passion but not even she would have stooped as low as this ( gritted teeth ) .

That said every move such as this knocks another nail in the tory coffin .

They will get their humiliation at the ballot box , nobody can carry on like this long term , politically impossible .

I think you are right about Thatcher Animal.

Truth is, although I disagree with them on many issues, I respect the opinion of those on the right of politics. Its a perfectly valid argument that governement should interfere as little as possible in our lives and that business should be left to create wealth with as little taxation as possible. Surely the decent honourable tory supporters can't stomach this. This has nothing to do with whats best for the country, the tory manifesto was a continuation of austerity, this is simply to keep them in power. They are using the money we pay as taxes, that small businesses nationwide create to prop themselves up. £1bn for 1.8million people, far less than the population of West Yorkshire, all for the support of 10 ultra right wing fanatics, not to mention the problems this will cause with the Northern Ireland peace process.

mikemiller
26-06-2017, 10:49 PM

Care to enlighten us about anything that Karl Marx wrote about the structure and workings of the capitalist system that has been proved to have been wrong? Take your time...

gm_gm
27-06-2017, 06:38 AM
I think you are right about Thatcher Animal.

Truth is, although I disagree with them on many issues, I respect the opinion of those on the right of politics. Its a perfectly valid argument that governement should interfere as little as possible in our lives and that business should be left to create wealth with as little taxation as possible. Surely the decent honourable tory supporters can't stomach this. This has nothing to do with whats best for the country, the tory manifesto was a continuation of austerity, this is simply to keep them in power. They are using the money we pay as taxes, that small businesses nationwide create to prop themselves up. £1bn for 1.8million people, far less than the population of West Yorkshire, all for the support of 10 ultra right wing fanatics, not to mention the problems this will cause with the Northern Ireland peace process.

Happy birthday Tony :D

My point is on this thread and others is that to increase tax revenues you have to lower them, cyclops and the joker were fortunate to preside over a booming housing market which fuelled FS and raised revenue.

Corporation tax rates can ultimately affect income tax revenues through investment and recruitment. Duetche Bank, investec, Lehman, city group, GE capital and some major venture capital companies created over 80,000 we'll paid jobs which are now gone.

gm_gm
27-06-2017, 06:43 AM
Care to enlighten us about anything that Karl Marx wrote about the structure and workings of the capitalist system that has been proved to have been wrong? Take your time...

Did Karl Marx buy his council house Mike with huge discounts?

animallittle3
27-06-2017, 08:58 AM

It failed the fire safety test so he turned it down .

Exiletyke
27-06-2017, 09:28 AM

I think he resisted that temptation as he knew the Tories would only take it off him if he became ill

frogmiller
27-06-2017, 09:50 AM

Although I agree with your sentiment that just wouldn't be possible in the timescale that she had if at all.

frogmiller
27-06-2017, 09:53 AM

I think he resisted that temptation as he knew the Tories would only take it off him if he became ill

That was a labour polcy to start with wasn't it and one that worked well for those people who made use of it. The problem came when the moenies made from the house sales wasn't used to consruct new ones.

The best thing about council houses is that the population can move to where the work is. Being stuck in one place like a pit village that has closed its pit is that your house value can restrict you from moving on.

Exiletyke
27-06-2017, 10:04 AM
That was a labour polcy to start with wasn't it and one that worked well for those people who made use of it. The problem came when the moenies made from the house sales wasn't used to consruct new ones.

The best thing about council houses is that the population can move to where the work is. Being stuck in one place like a pit village that has closed its pit is that your house value can restrict you from moving on.

"That was a labour polcy to start with wasn't it and one that worked well for those people who made use of it. The problem came when the moenies made from the house sales wasn't used to consruct new ones"

& which Gov't would not allow Councils to reinvest the monies raised into new properties?

animallittle3
27-06-2017, 10:10 AM
Although I agree with your sentiment that just wouldn't be possible in the timescale that she had if at all.

Well then they should attempt to govern with a minority or call another election frog .

These kind of tax funded holding onto power deals need ending , they are bribes , nothing more and nothing less .

The first time the Labour Party pulled this stunt off I'd end my membership and my vote with it .

Yes I know Brown talked to them in 2009 and thank goodness he walked away .

frogmiller
27-06-2017, 11:15 AM
Well then they should attempt to govern with a minority or call another election frog .

These kind of tax funded holding onto power deals need ending , they are bribes , nothing more and nothing less .

The first time the Labour Party pulled this stunt off I'd end my membership and my vote with it .

The frustrating thing for all of us who have been caught up in this merry go round of hope is that as much as we don't like it the UK is going to governed by the Tories for another 5 years unless they decide to do anything about it.

animallittle3
27-06-2017, 11:32 AM
The frustrating thing for all of us who have been caught up in this merry go round of hope is that as much as we don't like it the UK is going to governed by the Tories for another 5 years unless they decide to do anything about it.

I'm don't think she will last into the winter myself frog .

Paying the £1bn was the easy part and now they have to make it work , plenty of tories will be uncomfortable with this especially those whose seats are marginal .

The DUP have the tories by the bollox , they will be back for more money very soon .

We are one bomb or bullet away from returning to NI civil war , we have brexit , the grenfell tower tragedy , the economy is slowing down and inflation is creeping up .

She's massively unpopular and I have to say looking worn out and ill .

They are going to come under massive pressure to call another election and I think even their own media can't stomach much more of this .

animallittle3
27-06-2017, 11:48 AM
Absolutely nothing to add to that , nail on the head Owen .

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/jun/27/magic-money-tree-queen-dup-theresa-may-northern-ireland

rolymiller
27-06-2017, 11:59 AM
Yep animal. Time for us all to tighten our belts Mrs May for the good of the country..erm..well not all of us...
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40412343

Which kind of reminded me that she had a few rooms to spare for the people at Grenfell tower..funny she never offered...

Get rid of the Royal spongers that will save you a few bob Theresa...

Redshank
27-06-2017, 12:43 PM
Absolutely nothing to add to that , nail on the head Owen .

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/jun/27/magic-money-tree-queen-dup-theresa-may-northern-ireland

What a load of ballax............austerity never even started for the Queen ;D

Slimchance
27-06-2017, 02:42 PM

And how much dosh do you think Jimmy Cranky of the SNP would require to prop up a Corbyn government ? Cos she doesn't come cheap !

Also I think many people who didn't vote this time or protest voted will flock back to the tories to stop the ersatz Militant Tendancy from gaining power.

rolymiller
27-06-2017, 02:48 PM
Slim chance slimchance. People are wanting someone to stand up against the tory austerity policies because they are pissed off with them. When they see such as the queen get an extremely generous pay rise- to say the least-who can blame em.

Galant
27-06-2017, 09:20 PM
If that's been reported then quadruple that figure plus other benefits.

Billions to save a RUBBISH economic disaster of a government - but they'll just fleece a few million OAP's to pay for their failures.....

Bring back Gordon Brown.....Britain's most successful post war chancellor !

Probably best ever chancellor....but he got some bad press didn't he ?

Who owns the media again...?

Gordon Brown and Ed Balls were spending 170 billion a year more tan they took in in taxes. They wrecked the nations finances - this is now down to spending about 50 billion a year more than we take in in taxes and somehow this is called austerity - what a joke.
The 500 million a year to Northern Ireland is regrettable but Balls and Brown were borrowing 340 times this amount to chuck away on wasters and pet projects.
The alterrnative - the Tories step down and Labour do a deal with those necessary to give them a majority - DUP 500 million, welsh nationalists 850 million, SNP 1 billion, the greens 200 million a then of course soft Brexit - 100 billion leaving bill + free movement of people + annual contribution 2.billion for tariff free access.
Nope 500 million looks cheap to me and all those lovely tariffs coming INTO government coffers to get the debt down.

tony260674
27-06-2017, 09:38 PM
Gordon Brown and Ed Balls were spending 170 billion a year more tan they took in in taxes. They wrecked the nations finances - this is now down to spending about 50 billion a year more than we take in in taxes and somehow this is called austerity - what a joke.
The 500 million a year to Northern Ireland is regrettable but Balls and Brown were borrowing 340 times this amount to chuck away on wasters and pet projects.
The alterrnative - the Tories step down and Labour do a deal with those necessary to give them a majority - DUP 500 million, welsh nationalists 850 million, SNP 1 billion, the greens 200 million a then of course soft Brexit - 100 billion leaving bill + free movement of people + annual contribution 2.billion for tariff free access.
Nope 500 million looks cheap to me and all those lovely tariffs coming INTO government coffers to get the debt down.

Hi Galant, you do realise that the 2010-2017 tory administration has borrowed more than 3 times more than the Labour administration of 97-2010? Much of this was due to the economic cycle but it is still startling isn't it?
Also, the general election was called by Theresa May and May only, has she not called an unnecessary election then none of this would have been needed. There is no justification for this deal.

animallittle3
27-06-2017, 09:54 PM
And how much dosh do you think Jimmy Cranky of the SNP would require to prop up a Corbyn government ? Cos she doesn't come cheap !

Also I think many people who didn't vote this time or protest voted will flock back to the tories to stop the ersatz Militant Tendancy from gaining power.

Corbyn said pre election that if there was a hung parliament he wouldn't be doing deals with other party's .

He'd govern behind his manifesto with a minority .

lbj
28-06-2017, 02:24 AM
Galant....Someone beat me to it....but I guess tory dogma and propaganda rules your world...never mind - it doesn't make you a bad person......

But......

Do you want to buy a second hand car....low mileage....simple maths - simple lies.....

.....why yu no yissen cooky boy

gm_gm
28-06-2017, 12:21 PM
Hi Galant, you do realise that the 2010-2017 tory administration has borrowed more than 3 times more than the Labour administration of 97-2010? Much of this was due to the economic cycle but it is still startling isn't it?
Also, the general election was called by Theresa May and May only, has she not called an unnecessary election then none of this would have been needed. There is no justification for this deal.

Tony, you have clearly not understood both the true economic cycle or how or why the funds had to be borrowed which can be clearly defined as having Cyclops and the jokers DNA on it

Casper64Frank
28-06-2017, 03:36 PM
QUOTE=tony260674;38572198]Hi Galant, you do realise situation010-2017 tory administration has borrowed more than 3 times more than the Labour administration of 97-2010? Much of this was due to the economic cycle but it is still startling isn't it?
Also, the general election was called by Theresa May and May only, has she not called an unnecessary election then none of this would have been needed. There is no justification for this deal.[/QUOTE]

It's ODD....and I don't mean strange......Obsessive...Debt...Disorder....ODD. Quite a few on here have symptoms of ODD

History says from the end of the war only 11 years showed a Tax Revenue more than Debt / Borrowing.

As for the tarriffs that are going to help our debt situation they would have to be huge cos the last time I looked the UK National Debt was 1.7 Trillion...

Mark Carney has just pre-warned the Banks and reminded people about Consumer Debt this may indicate interest rates may increase sooner rather than later.
The sooner Brexit is sorted the better for me Soft / Hard Brexit doesn't matter to me...get it done.

gm_gm
28-06-2017, 03:39 PM
QUOTE=tony260674;38572198]Hi Galant, you do realise situation010-2017 tory administration has borrowed more than 3 times more than the Labour administration of 97-2010? Much of this was due to the economic cycle but it is still startling isn't it?

It's ODD....and I don't mean strange......Obsessive...Debt...Disorder....ODD. Quite a few on here have symptoms of ODD

History says from the end of the war only 11 years showed a Tax Revenue more than Debt / Borrowing.

As for the tarriffs that are going to help our debt situation they would have to be huge cos the last time I looked the UK National Debt was 1.7 Trillion...

Mark Carney has just pre-warned the Banks and reminded people about Consumer Debt this may indicate interest rates may increase sooner rather than later.
The sooner Brexit is sorted the better for me Soft / Hard Brexit doesn't matter to me...get it done.[/QUOTE]

Consumer debt is rising and borrowing is expected to rise (In particular Credit Card debt) so banks will have to increase the reserves.

£3 for every £1