PDA

View Full Version : We can't meet Andres demands

oldcolner
27-06-2017, 10:16 PM
He wants £100k a week says the Star and we can't afford that
Bye Andre?

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/625629/Transfer-News-Andre-Gray-new-contract-Everton-Tottenham-Burnley-Exclusive-Gossip

sinkov
27-06-2017, 10:40 PM
Get shut of the greedy ****, I hope he gets a move to Everton, he'll be found out there soon enough.

Norder
28-06-2017, 02:15 AM

no problem - would say he's worth a few quid a week.... .

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT6zLIaC_m59-uI1ENhgfr2LM9HY2cmO70kIxv7I0DkAPYBKeNBlQ

;D

The Bedlington Terrier
28-06-2017, 06:10 AM
He has the famous girlfriend, he's living the dream, good luck to the lad.

I've just phoned for the taxi...

sinkov
28-06-2017, 07:13 AM
A mate of mine has a ST at Everton, he's almost in tears at the thought of losing Lukaku and signing Gray. Of course it doesn't bother me in the slightest, but I can see his point.

oldcolner
28-06-2017, 07:54 AM
Will Everton pay him that?

Seems like Spurs won't.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/06/28/is-burnleys-andre-gray-pricing-himself-out-of-tottenham-hotspur

sinkov
28-06-2017, 08:21 AM
I still find this story about Spurs wanting Gray laughable, there's some right nonsense gets in the papers in the silly season and this one is surely as silly as they come. Spurs are aiming for the PL and Champions League this season, any signings will inevitably be made with that in mind. So they want a striker who wasn't even considered good enough to start at Burnley, a club who finished 16th and struggled for goals all season.

Aye, go on then, and I'm an effing pineapple.

Primitive
28-06-2017, 08:46 AM
I still find this story about Spurs wanting Gray laughable, there's some right nonsense gets in the papers in the silly season and this one is surely as silly as they come. Spurs are aiming for the PL and Champions League this season, any signings will inevitably be made with that in mind. So they want a striker who wasn't even considered good enough to start at Burnley, a club who finished 16th and struggled for goals all season.

Aye, go on then, and I'm an effing pineapple.

Yet you place enough belief in the Star's story that he wants £100k a week to label Gray a greedy ****.

sinkov
28-06-2017, 09:26 AM
Yet you place enough belief in the Star's story that he wants £100k a week to label Gray a greedy ****.

Nothing to do with the Star and I don't label him anything. What his actual wage demands are I neither know or care, but he isn't happy with what we offer him, which would make him extremely wealthy, and won't sign a new contract with us. Ergo he IS a greedy ****, just like most footballers.

The Bedlington Terrier
28-06-2017, 10:04 AM
I think there is a huge difference between what we can or could pay a player to what we actually will or would be prepared to pay a player.

I recently asked everyone the question, "What do you think our wage ceiling is?" I am getting information from reliable "sources" that £40k per week is as far as we are going to go and that is fine with me!

I could manage quite easily on £40k a year! What about you lot?

nutsinmay
28-06-2017, 01:30 PM
I think footballers measure their kudos with the wage they're earning, a bit like the kind of car they have.

The Bedlington Terrier
28-06-2017, 01:38 PM
...or the WAGS they are pictured with!

Altobelli
28-06-2017, 01:43 PM
IMO Gray is too big for his boots, I know many say if he had the service he's do better, but I cannot see it, his movement for me is sporadic, his first touch is not good enough, he snatch's at chances and very rarely keeps his head up for better options.

Burnley gave him the chance to step up, he did it in brilliant style in the Championship, but the Prem is a big step up and he's found to be wanting.

If he thinks he's a better player then I take my hat off to him for believing in himself, but I cannot see it myself, get shut and quick.

sinkov
28-06-2017, 01:48 PM
If that £40k cap is correct it means we could pay 25 players our top money and still not come close to paying what the likes of WBA, Sunderland, Stoke and Southampton were paying this last season. Some fans think we can now become 'established' at this level,. No we can'r,

The Bedlington Terrier
28-06-2017, 01:50 PM
Not sure I want to repeat the Sunderland paradigm sinkov.

oldcolner
28-06-2017, 07:35 PM
IMO Gray is too big for his boots, I know many say if he had the service he's do better, but I cannot see it, his movement for me is sporadic, his first touch is not good enough, he snatch's at chances and very rarely keeps his head up for better options.

Burnley gave him the chance to step up, he did it in brilliant style in the Championship, but the Prem is a big step up and he's found to be wanting.

If he thinks he's a better player then I take my hat off to him for believing in himself, but I cannot see it myself, get shut and quick.

Is he currently on £25M as some articles are suggesting. If so that's a heck of a hike.

thedonz
28-06-2017, 07:40 PM
All this talk about Newcastle, Spurs and Everton wanting Gray plus the 100,000 pw wage is typical agent hype , with the blessing of Gray .

The sooner we are shut the better. But of course that's what they both want. If there is a club stupid enough to buy him . And there probably is .

Good riddance , can't come soon enough. He's done his bit in getting us where we are but not one to help us put roots down in the Premier League

#thechampionshipisourlevel

oldcolner
30-06-2017, 03:30 PM
Burnley look set to lose star striker Andre Gray this summer after his contract talks stall, with the Chronicle claiming that Newcastle may be prepared to ‘steal in and take advantage’ by offering him the £70,000 a week wages he desires to lure him to Tyneside.

Ah well if that's true we just need to make sure they have to pay £20M for the privilege

http://www.nufcblog.co.uk/2017/06/30/nufc-willing-to-offer-want-away-striker-70000-a-week-to-bring-him-to-st-james-park/

Supersub6
30-06-2017, 04:09 PM
NUFC Blog which has been composed from information published in a couple of 'dailies' today.
Chronicle is saying that they are in the market for Ojo on loan from Liverpool who we have also been linked with.

oldcolner
30-06-2017, 06:33 PM
NUFC Blog which has been composed from information published in a couple of 'dailies' today.
Chronicle is saying that they are in the market for Ojo on loan from Liverpool who we have also been linked with.

Think Liverpool has said he isn't going to anyone
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-reject-loan-approaches-sheyi-10712631

However for Andre - this says Everton and Tottenham Hotspur are weighing up a move, while West Ham remain keen.

https://westhamworld.co.uk/west-ham-monitoring-andre-gray-after-contract-talks-with-burnley-break-down/

BucharestClaret
30-06-2017, 09:24 PM
He's a good player, but 100,000 a week is ridiculous. He needs to be at a club like Burnley. He won't get much sympathy at a club like Newcastle or West Ham if he doesn't bang in the goals when he's on those wages. We know what his strengths are and how to use him. If he stays with us he could be looking at 15 goals next season, but at West Ham... I doubt he'd start more than 15 games.

He's got a poor first touch, and will struggle in a team that plays slow possession football and likes to pretend they are Barcelona playing tiki-taka.

oldcolner
01-07-2017, 10:20 PM
Think Liverpool has said he isn't going to anyone
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-reject-loan-approaches-sheyi-10712631

However for Andre - this says Everton and Tottenham Hotspur are weighing up a move, while West Ham remain keen.

https://westhamworld.co.uk/west-ham-monitoring-andre-gray-after-contract-talks-with-burnley-break-down/

West Ham ready to bid £15m for Andre
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/west-ham-ready-make-15million-10722164
So we should get £20m then!

Deadlydave
01-07-2017, 11:52 PM
If he goes who the heck are we getting then to replace him???

nutsinmay
02-07-2017, 10:03 AM

I think unless you're spending in excess of £30m, it's always going to be a risk, because strikers who can score 20 goals in the PL are going to command a huge fee.

This is where scouts earn their corn - finding a hidden gem like Vardy, seeing the potential and playing him in a system that works.

I was going on about Sotiriou of Apoel Nicosia, who won Cyprus Player of the Year and has scored at international level. Only 24. However, he was snapped up by FC Copenhagen for only €2.3m a couple of months ago. Burnley seemed to be showing a similar intent with players like Grosicki and Defour, but we don't seem to have the knack of finding younger ones.

oldcolner
02-07-2017, 12:16 PM

How about Chris wood - top scorer in championship with 29 goals?
Britt Assombolonga has been suggested.

blueheeler1
02-07-2017, 12:36 PM
He wants £100k a week says the Star and we can't afford that
Bye Andre?

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/625629/Transfer-News-Andre-Gray-new-contract-Everton-Tottenham-Burnley-Exclusive-Gossip

Based on a 40 week year isn't that round about 444,000 pounds a goal based on his returns?

A couple of those would be penalties.

We know some players get more than that--but they also bring into the club immense wealth based on shirt sales with that players number and name and increased gate returns--plus all the extra goals they will score in European competition and Cup games.

I would rather be paying this kind of wage to a known and prolific goal scorer. Andre isn't that.

He is exactly the type of player who will leave Burnley and disappear into mediocrity.

Deadlydave
02-07-2017, 02:04 PM
blueheeler1, I think you are spot on. If he was to go to some big club where expectations are far higher and the fans less forgiving I don't think he would get a look in as a regular striker. That means he will sit on the bench until the his new employer unloads him in a couple of years time. Its a regular situation in the premier league. He may get 3 years on good money and then I think he may well be done as a player competing at the top level as all his faults will have been exposed for all to see!

Primitive
02-07-2017, 02:44 PM
Our fans are forgiving? Not on here they aren't.

For what it's worth, I think Gray will go on to have a good career as a PL striker. Everton or Spurs is probably too big a step for him at this stage, but he'd do a good job for someone like West Ham or Newcastle.

nutsinmay
02-07-2017, 02:58 PM
How about Chris wood - top scorer in championship with 29 goals?
Britt Assombolonga has been suggested.

Did you see Chris Wood playing for NZ in the Confederations Cup?

He looked OK, but missed some howlers.

army88
02-07-2017, 03:35 PM
Did you see Chris Wood playing for NZ in the Confederations Cup?

He looked OK, but missed some howlers.

Woods would be a step backwards IMO

We need pace and power with an eye for goal , assombalonga probably nearest to what we want but still a risk.

Gray is a good footballer with weaknesses in his game, my worry would be can he irradicate them as from what I ve seen this year maybe not. Ie trap a bag of sand springs to mind

However I posted all season that I was behind him because I really don't believe Dyche exploited his attributes correctly, he got poor service with balls to his chest etc and nothing in the channels where he really needed it.

So the verdicts out really, I have a feeling he could do much better than he did for us if they build around what he needs, he could also fail miserably if they don't buy into him at first chance.

bfcjon
02-07-2017, 07:04 PM
Away Away Andre...
Yes You are not worth anything like 100K per week,...What planet are some of these players on??
We can do better,..and Sure we will, without Big Time Charlies,...
Thats meant for Andre , not Charlie,..incoming,,

sinkov
02-07-2017, 07:16 PM
If he's worth more than we are paying him, if he's a quality PL striker, then why can't he get into our team, a bottom end team that struggles for goals.

Two questions, two obvious answers, he ain't worth more than we are paying him, he ain't a qualty PL striker. Of course it could be possible that Dyche is a complete fool and doesn't know what he's doing, no one is perfect, but on this one I'm a 100% with Sean. If anyone offers us anything over £10k I'd snatch their hand off.

Primitive
02-07-2017, 07:33 PM
By that logic sinkov, Defour isn't a PL quality midfielder as he can't get into our team either.

I'd want a bit more than £10k for Gray as well!

The Bedlington Terrier
03-07-2017, 06:47 PM
I can see the bidding getting up towards £20 MILLION.

Everton want him, West Ham want him and his wage demands which are closer to £50k a week than a £100k a week are not expected to be a problem. Kerchung!

thedonz
03-07-2017, 07:54 PM
Warburton has left the door open for any club determined to sign Assombolonga. I hope that club is Burnley, we have the money!

oldcolner
11-07-2017, 12:54 PM
Talk of West Ham offering Snodgrass as a makeweight. They paid £10M for him in January so if we get £10m plus him for Andre that wouldn't be bad, or would it?

thedonz
11-07-2017, 01:08 PM
I think it would be one of the highlights of the window if it happened.

Altobelli
11-07-2017, 01:20 PM
Talk of West Ham offering Snodgrass as a makeweight. They paid £10M for him in January so if we get £10m plus him for Andre that wouldn't be bad, or would it?

If that happened I'd be thinking "Hell this is one very good dream" :)

Amr1989
11-07-2017, 01:22 PM
Personally I think if we manage to get 15 plus million think it's a good buisness as long as we get our replacement in first with bags of pace and energy.

The Bedlington Terrier
11-07-2017, 02:01 PM
Word coming into my earpiece is that he looks happy and enthusiastic training with the lads in Ireland.

Why we can't offer him an extra £2 million a year for bagging twenty goals this season in the EPL is beyond me.

Twenty goals from Gray would probably guarantee us survival and he can have another £1 million bonus on top for that.

That's £60k a week EXTRA just for doing his job. Sounds like a plan to me! :D

oldcolner
11-07-2017, 02:48 PM
Word coming into my earpiece is that he looks happy and enthusiastic training with the lads in Ireland.

Why we can't offer him an extra £2 million a year for bagging twenty goals this season in the EPL is beyond me.

Twenty goals from Gray would probably guarantee us survival and he can have another £1 million bonus on top for that.

That's £60k a week EXTRA just for doing his job. Sounds like a plan to me! :D

Lots of ifs and buts there. He's not worth that salary to me and would still go for free in summer.

Seems Defour is smiling in Eire too. Now that would be good news if Guinness sorted out the feud with Sean

The Bedlington Terrier
11-07-2017, 03:01 PM
A twenty goal a season striker in the EPL is worth a £100k a week but I think we need to make Gray earn it.

Defour is smiling because he knows we are trying to offload him without us haemorrhaging money!

Altobelli
11-07-2017, 03:08 PM
A twenty goal a season striker in the EPL is worth a £100k a week but I think we need to make Gray earn it.

Defour is smiling because he knows we are trying to offload him without us haemorrhaging money!

You must be drinking some strong stuff BT, £100,000 a week for Gray ? Never.

Amr1989
11-07-2017, 03:26 PM
It's true that a 20 goal season striker could demand those kind of figures. But gray still has a lot to proof if he is to demand anything near.

The Bedlington Terrier
11-07-2017, 03:40 PM
On a performance related bonus Alto! If he is as good as he thinks he is, why not reward him for proving it?

oldcolner
11-07-2017, 05:05 PM
On a performance related bonus Alto! If he is as good as he thinks he is, why not reward him for proving it?

Jeremy's Magic Money Tree is affecting you BT. If you pay him that it will have a major impact on the rest and our wage bill. I'm sending Magic Theresa around with some pills to sort you out. :P

oldcolner
11-07-2017, 05:07 PM

The worry has turned him Gray but its a nice hairdo!!

oldcolner
12-07-2017, 09:46 AM
It seems to be all quiet on the Andre front, is that a sign he's staying or something is happening in the shadows?
Is the earpiece working?

sinkov
12-07-2017, 11:25 AM

I can't see how a bonus is going to improve him, or ensure he scores more goals ? Surely you're not suggesting he didn't score many last season because we didn't pay him enough ? He is what he is, how can more money make him a better player ?

sinkov
12-07-2017, 11:35 AM
It seems to be all quiet on the Andre front, is that a sign he's staying or something is happening in the shadows?

It's a worrying possibility that those clubs allegedly interested in him, Spurs, Newcastle, Everton, WHU, have been re-running their videos of last season, and saying "errr hang on a minute lads......".

oldcolner
12-07-2017, 12:18 PM
It's a worrying possibility that those clubs allegedly interested in him, Spurs, Newcastle, Everton, WHU, have been re-running their videos of last season, and saying "errr hang on a minute lads......".

Quite possible Sinkov.
Also agree a Gray bonus isn't the answer in fact it would be divisive and lead him to be greedy.

The Bedlington Terrier
12-07-2017, 12:38 PM
I can't see how a bonus is going to improve him, or ensure he scores more goals ? Surely you're not suggesting he didn't score many last season because we didn't pay him enough ? He is what he is, how can more money make him a better player ?

I sell more when I am paid more. Simples! :D

sinkov
12-07-2017, 01:56 PM
I sell more when I am paid more. Simples! :D

If only it were that simple BT. Or are you seriously claiming that when Andre (or any striker for that matter) gets a look-in on goal he thinks 'Only 25k a week, feck it, I'll miss this one', or alternatively in the same situation, 'They're paying me 100k a week, this one's going in' ?

Nah, come on BT, it might be like that in Sales, it might work if you get him with his suit on, sat next to his agent talking about a new contract, but it's not like that on a football field.

nutsinmay
12-07-2017, 02:13 PM
I completely agree with sinkov.

In the heat of a game, the money doesn't come into it. If it did, the player is a cheat.

The Bedlington Terrier
12-07-2017, 02:28 PM
Money obviously motivates Mr Gray.

Perhaps my point of view is just too simplistic? :(

nutsinmay
12-07-2017, 04:01 PM
Money in itself isn't a motivator.

It may, though, be a means to achieve the things that really motivate you, like posing on a beach with a bit of top totty, or having the kudos of your mates thinking 'you're the man' or whatever.

The Bedlington Terrier
12-07-2017, 04:32 PM
Money in itself isn't a motivator.

It may, though, be a means to achieve the things that really motivate you, like posing on a beach with a bit of top totty, or having the kudos of your mates thinking 'you're the man' or whatever.

It friggin' motivates me!

nutsinmay
12-07-2017, 04:37 PM
It friggin' motivates me!

Not unless you eat it or have *** with it :D

The Bedlington Terrier
12-07-2017, 04:40 PM
Not unless you eat it or have *** with it :D

Not entirely sure why we are all even bothering with a discussion on Gray, he will be soon gone!

Norder
12-07-2017, 04:51 PM
- Gray Area.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9K4WxzT84vs

:D

The Bedlington Terrier
12-07-2017, 07:21 PM
Great to have Jack back!

1959_60
17-07-2017, 08:37 PM
I'm in a minority here I know but I would be chuffed to bits if we keep all our current strikers.

What they have been crying out for is decent service. Vokes and Barnes will score plenty with decent crosses coming in (Taylor and Brady?) and Gray will thrive if we deploy him correctly (a la Jamie Vardie) -running through on the last defender, he has pace, strength and a good eye for goal.

I reckon our big priority is central defence. Get a good un in and I'll be happy - even if we don't buy anyone else. This is not a position that we can scrimp on - we need a solid dependable defence and it will cost us - but it will be worth it.

Don't ask me who though!

Norder
18-07-2017, 12:16 AM
....I would be chuffed to bits if we keep all our current strikers.
What they have been crying out for is decent service. Vokes and Barnes will score plenty with decent crosses coming in (Taylor and Brady?) and Gray will thrive if we deploy him correctly (a la Jamie Vardie) -running through on the last defender, he has pace, strength and a good eye for goal.
I reckon our big priority is central defence. Get a good un in and I'll be happy - even if we don't buy anyone else. This is not a position that we can scrimp on - we need a solid dependable defence and it will cost us

....to stand a chance of PL survival 59/60 - if what we have up-front is a repeat of last season I'd think we'd have no choice but to equal our or better the defensive powers of last season....because otherwise I think we'd just hit the same wall, we'd push forward, looking to find a player in a goalscoring position....we'd try some moves learnt on the training field, but they'd come to little or nothing - opposition then realise the weakness....and push up - so we'd just sit back for the rest of the game and soak up the pressure with Tom there to save those that made it to the target.
Being why I think we have to bring in fresh goalscoring talent....not just player/s that need to wait for the perfect offering in order to make something of it....we need forwards with ideas and enough quality to make them happen, those that the team can look to, for the full 90mins, those that'll make them want to attack because they'll know...at the end of the build, theres the player to make it happen.
I'd be happy to be wrong - but I can't see much good coming if we're to rely "only" on Vokes/Barnes/Gray....would be just another season looking for scraps.

;D

Altobelli
18-07-2017, 12:52 AM
....to stand a chance of PL survival 59/60 - if what we have up-front is a repeat of last season I'd think we'd have no choice but to equal our or better the defensive powers of last season....because otherwise I think we'd just hit the same wall, we'd push forward, looking to find a player in a goalscoring position....we'd try some moves learnt on the training field, but they'd come to little or nothing - opposition then realise the weakness....and push up - so we'd just sit back for the rest of the game and soak up the pressure with Tom there to save those that made it to the target.
Being why I think we have to bring in fresh goalscoring talent....not just player/s that need to wait for the perfect offering in order to make something of it....we need forwards with ideas and enough quality to make them happen, those that the team can look to, for the full 90mins, those that'll make them want to attack because they'll know...at the end of the build, theres the player to make it happen.
I'd be happy to be wrong - but I can't see much good coming if we're to rely "only" on Vokes/Barnes/Gray....would be just another season looking for scraps.

;D

I'd agree with that totally Norder.