PDA

View Full Version : ot Corbyn and the Glastonbury mob

the_idiotb_stardson
28-06-2017, 03:19 AM
Please do not let our country fall into the hands of this mob of degenerate, dope-smoking, perpetual adolescent, wasters.

the_idiotb_stardson
28-06-2017, 03:24 AM
Did anyone witness the pathetic spectacle of Dave Grohl trying to break Katy Perry's record for most expletives used on air?

He was cheered by the Glasto mob, for this massive contribution to civilization.

This was the behaviour of a five year old, yet it was deemed significant by the hash-smoking Glasto scruffs.

Monkey46
28-06-2017, 06:13 AM
Not a fan then tis.:O

animallittle3
28-06-2017, 08:30 AM
Someting is stirring with the younger lads n lasses , they are becoming politically aware and have woken up to the fact their votes could make a huge difference in elections .

Labour through Momentum have successfully courted them and they have bought into the Corbyn project .

Make no mistake Labour own the internet when it comes to 2017 political campaigning through social media outlets , young people don't buy newspapers and the right wing media have little or no influence over their lives .

The other aspect of this is the affect the internet has over hard copy media , if the Sun or The Mail print something about Corbyn or Labour that's extremely negative it is almost immediately examined , discussed and binned within minutes , it's a full 24 hours almost before they get to print yet more of their poison , ineffective in this day and age .

There's also a bit of youth culture going on here , the Tories look Dickensian , old hat , out of touch , spin , u turns , lies , sound bites , robotic , distant , there's no connection with the youth of today .

Corbyn connects because he's none of those things and he's comfortable with people , especially young people , genuine with an honesty about him that's not forced , he listens and he's fighting their corner and represents change from the old ways .

It's created a phenomenon normally reserved for things like Brit Pop , acid house and fashion .

I was around in the 60's but not old enough to see what was going on but I've read that the old stuffy tories like Macmillan were out of date , relics from another age and youth culture helped Harold Wilson gain power for Labour .

It could be happening again .

Monkey46
28-06-2017, 08:39 AM
It does animal, like the ideals and ethos of labour, but it all comes down to cost of implementing them, don't want an even bigger national debt than we already have. May has totally shot her credibility in my opinion. UTM!!

gm_gm
28-06-2017, 09:23 AM
Did anyone witness the pathetic spectacle of Dave Grohl trying to break Katy Perry's record for most expletives used on air?

He was cheered by the Glasto mob, for this massive contribution to civilization.

This was the behaviour of a five year old, yet it was deemed significant by the hash-smoking Glasto scruffs.

I was nearly sick IBS watching all these cave dwellers cheering JC on, we need to change the laws and only allow over 25s to vote. I think these changes will enable the younger generation to learn about politics properly rather than join a facebook gang of degenerates

gwru
28-06-2017, 09:34 AM
Glasto get it back to being a farm. Only Barry Gibb saved it this year. Headline acts fri' self indulgent. sat' what headline act. sun' singing to a backing loop, go to our local club for that.

millmoormagic
28-06-2017, 09:46 AM
I was nearly sick IBS watching all these cave dwellers cheering JC on, we need to change the laws and only allow over 25s to vote. I think these changes will enable the younger generation to learn about politics properly rather than join a facebook gang of degenerates

Haha, he irony of the cave dweller comment...:D:D

millmoormagic
28-06-2017, 09:46 AM
Glasto get it back to being a farm. Only Barry Gibb saved it this year. Headline acts fri' self indulgent. sat' what headline act. sun' singing to a backing loop, go to our local club for that.

Stick to racing tips fella.....oh, wait a minute...:D:D

animallittle3
28-06-2017, 09:50 AM

Learn about politics properly

The government that sits in office at the moment would be your benchmark ' doing politics properly ' then ?

Your idea of democracy is to load the dice in your favour and exclude the younger voter who you treat with contempt and arrogance , my word aren't you the stock Tory .

There's a shift going on to the centre left , times are changing , people are fed up of ideological austerity that's achieved nothing but line the pockets of the wealthy .

A political system that promotes hording millions of pounds in banks whilst social housing tennants burn to death in their homes because they are not fit for purpose , is that doing politics properly enough for you ?

The treatment of the less well off , diasbled and long term ill as though they are sub human and yet hey presto we find £1.5bn of taxpayers wonga on a money tree to retain power by clinging onto an orange sash .

The current system in which we lead our lives is broken , services cut so harshly they simply can't operate effectively , police , fire services , NHS , care and other public services .

Austerity is tory ideology , to shrink the state and leave it so desperate for cash the only alternative is to privatize it for profit and not need .

They have dug their own grave and many voters are turning to Corbyn and Labour and some fairness and balance in society .

Doing politics properly is to serve the many and not the few .

rolymiller
28-06-2017, 10:17 AM
You get worse IBS. I used to quite like you as a bible bashing Christian but now you have a nastier right wing edge. Perhaps you are going all fundamental...if its just a wind up, folks are wound up enough on here about politics without you trying to stir a bit more...

mikemiller
28-06-2017, 10:23 AM
Learn about politics properly

The government that sits in office at the moment would be your benchmark ' doing politics properly ' then ?

Your idea of democracy is to load the dice in your favour and exclude the younger voter who you treat with contempt and arrogance , my word aren't you the stock Tory .

There's a shift going on to the centre left , times are changing , people are fed up of ideological austerity that's achieved nothing but line the pockets of the wealthy .

A political system that promotes hording millions of pounds in banks whilst social housing tennants burn to death in their homes because they are not fit for purpose , is that doing politics properly enough for you ?

The treatment of the less well off , diasbled and long term ill as though they are sub human and yet hey presto we find £1.5bn of taxpayers wonga on a money tree to retain power by clinging onto an orange sash .

The current system in which we lead our lives is broken , services cut so harshly they simply can't operate effectively , police , fire services , NHS , care and other public services .

Austerity is tory ideology , to shrink the state and leave it so desperate for cash the only alternative is to privatize it for profit and not need .

They have dug their own grave and many voters are turning to Corbyn and Labour and some fairness and balance in society .

Doing politics properly is to serve the many and not the few .

Yes, typical killjoy post from IBS (Kempo/ MontyPython/ Small Poor/ Captain Something?/etc)... and the *** Pistols were swearing on TV about 40 years ago, but IBS doesn't seem to have got over it yet

Redshank
28-06-2017, 12:37 PM
Please do not let our country fall into the hands of this mob of degenerate, dope-smoking, perpetual adolescent, wasters.

Yawn....another jealous Tory :zzz:

Casper64Frank
28-06-2017, 04:28 PM

What`s wrong ibs ?.....did you not roll about in the mud at Glasto in the 70`s.

You really ought to get out more ibs.....

kentmillerman
28-06-2017, 04:43 PM
Long live Teresa May and the Conservative party
:P. :P;D

Slimchance
28-06-2017, 04:48 PM
Yes the young are getting into politics, and they will be the ones to have to repay the vast amounts of dosh that the Militant Tendancy will waste on pet projects.

Always remember EVERY Labour government leaves office with unemployment higher than when they took over, and the countrys finances in a far worse state. As Liam Burne put it in a note left at the Treasury " There is NO money left "

mikemiller
28-06-2017, 05:02 PM
Always remember EVERY Labour government leaves office with unemployment higher than when they took over

What like the Thatcher government DELIBERATELY did to unemployment as part of it's own "austerity" policies ?

Slimchance
28-06-2017, 05:19 PM
What like the Thatcher government DELIBERATELY did to unemployment as part of it's own "austerity" policies ?

Explain

millmoormagic
28-06-2017, 05:25 PM
Yes the young are getting into politics, and they will be the ones to have to repay the vast amounts of dosh that the Militant Tendancy will waste on pet projects.

Always remember EVERY Labour government leaves office with unemployment higher than when they took over, and the countrys finances in a far worse state. As Liam Burne put it in a note left at the Treasury " There is NO money left "

National debt in 2010 = £850 billion, national debt in 2017 = £1.8 trillion, we'll leave it right there fella...

rolymiller
28-06-2017, 05:25 PM
Love all these working class tories on here. Its the equivalent of being Rotherham owls. They just think that they are a bit better than what they actually are. My mum used to call em working class snobs bless her...they forget where they came from and all the people who used to wipe their ar ses for them and look after em. Selfish r us eh?

mikemiller
28-06-2017, 05:44 PM
Explain

Unemployment figures during the Thatcher regime (taken from BC News web5137site)

rolymiller
28-06-2017, 05:49 PM
Yep, and its some feckin jump in unemployment as well...can only assume slimchance didn't live through those times...if he did he should know better...

Yak
28-06-2017, 05:52 PM
radicalize

verb
past tense: radicalised; past participle: radicalised
cause (someone) to adopt radical positions on political or social issues.

I think that could apply to loads on here with the political stand point.
Just come across as brainwashed on both sides.

Very funny.

mikemiller
28-06-2017, 06:02 PM
Text jammed again - should say "unemployment graph under Thatcher regime is taken from BBC News website"

Gainsbro_Miller
28-06-2017, 06:09 PM

I read this earlier today and couldn't believe what was written.

Having looked at it again I can only assume that it is your weird sense of humour or, more scarily, you have seen or heard these comments elsewhere and that it is going to be another Tory Master Plan. A bit like Thatcher and her cronies selling off the "family silver" and the "austerity" measures that we were told by Osbourne were necessary to cut the national debt, deficit, rate of borrowing (delete as applicable) by 2015, then 2020, or whatever the latest date is.

If the Tories are so scared that the young voters are becoming more politically aware and they are going to vote middle left and oust the incompetent Tory government, then why not just put them all in concentration camps to stop them voting?

Hold on, wait a minute......what's that you say the Rt Hon Tory F...wit......you've already considered that option but discounted it because there wouldn't be enough bodies left in circulation to fill the fantastic "zero hours contracts" created by the Tories greedy corporate buddies.

Many a true word was spoken in jest......

millmoormagic
28-06-2017, 06:14 PM
Unemployment figures during the Thatcher regime (taken from BC News web5137site)

rolymiller
28-06-2017, 06:24 PM
Actually I have a better idea for gm: Rich old folk shouldnt be allowed to vote because they have nowt to contribute to society anymore and will be worm food soon anyway. Lower the age of voting to 16 because thats when many young uns actually join the work force so they are directly effected by political decisions ie on stuff like employment etc.

You and me have had our lives gm and our generations politicians have generally cocked it up for the young uns with short termist politics. Its only right that the young uns should decide how they want their lives to pan out in the future. More power to em is what I say.

gm_gm
28-06-2017, 06:25 PM

The unions caused the unemployment with strikes, the rest was modernisation

millmoormagic
28-06-2017, 06:30 PM
The unions caused the unemployment with strikes, the rest was modernisation

Get with the modern times gm, typical tory, blame blame blame, ;D

rolymiller
28-06-2017, 06:33 PM
How can you say that, she hammered the unions.

Muchthemillersson
28-06-2017, 07:16 PM
National debt in 2010 = £850 billion, national debt in 2017 = £1.8 trillion, we'll leave it right there fella...

This is a graph of UK government debt as a percentage of GDP over the last 300 years.

Look at where the peaks are. There's one in the 19th century which coincides with the Napoleonic Wars. There's another one just after the turn of the 20th Century which coincides with the First World War and another in the middle of the 20th century which coincides with the Second World War.

But see how the graph is rising now. That is absolutely unprecedented in peacetime in the last 200 years. The figures I saw recently for our national debt showed that in 2010 it was 1/2 trillion pounds and it's now 1 1/2 trillion pounds. In other words the amount of debt that took us 300 YEARS to accumulate has been TREBLED in seven short years. It simply can't go on like that. Interest rates are at an all time low and if they were to rise to anywhere near normal levels the UK and many other countries round the world would be bankrupt.

I hope Mr Corbyn can sort this out for us.

millmoormagic
28-06-2017, 07:19 PM
This is a graph of UK government debt as a percentage of GDP over the last 300 years.

Look at where the peaks are. There's one in the 19th century which coincides with the Napoleonic Wars. There's another one just after the turn of the 20th Century which coincides with the First World War and another in the middle of the 20th century which coincides with the Second World War.

But see how the graph is rising now. That is absolutely unprecedented in peacetime in the last 200 years. The figures I saw recently for our national debt showed that in 2010 it was 1/2 trillion pounds and it's now 1 1/2 trillion pounds. In other words the amount of debt that took us 300 YEARS to accumulate has been TREBLED in seven short years. It simply can't go on like that. Interest rates are at an all time low and if they were to rise to anywhere near normal levels the UK and many other countries round the world would be bankrupt.

Another one here look...

Your figures are clearly incorrect, it's been widely reported that your darlings in the tory party took over a national debt to the tune of my original post, no amount of your denial and fake posting can change the fact that your party has trebled it....fact.

Casper64Frank
28-06-2017, 07:20 PM
https://metrouk2.files.wordpress.com/2017/06/prc_44721276.jpg?w=748&h=392&crop=1

John2
28-06-2017, 07:28 PM

You're using data from 300 years ago to compare to the modern day?

We now use fiat currency, back then we were using to the gold standard.

I'm huge advocate for using lessons from history, but this comparison is redundant.

That said, you're actually right, the whole system is unsustainable and the UK like many others is probably going to go bankrupt when we have the next 2008 without low interest rates to depend on.

Imposing a brutal austerity and jeopardising the prospects of the next generation is not the answer. Making the rich pay their fair share will help keep the wolves at the door, but it will all go pop, and it won't be nice.

gm_gm
28-06-2017, 07:38 PM

Get with the modern times gm, typical tory, blame blame blame, ;D

The next round of automation and tech efficiencies are going to wipe out a few hundred thousands jobs which is worrying, you can't prevent the future by standing outside town halls waving placards saying "down with dis and dat"

millmoormagic
28-06-2017, 07:43 PM
The next round of automation and tech efficiencies are going to wipe out a few hundred thousands jobs which is worrying, you can't prevent the future by standing outside town halls waving placards saying "down with dis and dat"

So, you agree with the Labour party and Jeremy Corbyn's policy of investing in the high tech industries we actually are already pretty good at, meaning we create well paid, decent, full time jobs, after of course, ensuring the education of our youngsters is up to the job via free tuition?

Welcome to the Labour party gm gm....

rolymiller
28-06-2017, 08:01 PM
come on gm...join in...we'll keep the red flag flying...we take in old tories as well you know...

Casper64Frank
28-06-2017, 08:52 PM

Don`t worry too much gm_gm, you and I can take our Pension pot...hand over a big % in Tax to the Government....after all everyone has to pay tax..don`t they ?
Then we could retire to a hot climate country...like Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Somalia, Syria etc.

My opinion is the UK is still the best and safest country in the world....stop bleating and moaning...almost forgot... just keep paying your taxes....you don`t get owt for nowt.

http://scd.france24.com/en/files/element_multimedia/image/glastonbury_7.jpg

Muchthemillersson
28-06-2017, 09:24 PM
Another one here look...

Your figures are clearly incorrect, it's been widely reported that your darlings in the tory party took over a national debt to the tune of my original post, no amount of your denial and fake posting can change the fact that your party has trebled it....fact.

It's not my party I am not a Tory and I said the Conservative government has tripled the national debt

millmoormagic
28-06-2017, 09:28 PM
It's not my party I am not a Tory and I said the Conservative government has tripled the national debt

Fair enough, going on your previous posts though i'm sure you've stated your support for the tories, accept my apologies if not...

gm_gm
28-06-2017, 09:35 PM

millmoormagic
28-06-2017, 09:42 PM

Well done fella, you're getting there with technology...

gm_gm
28-06-2017, 09:44 PM
come on gm...join in...we'll keep the red flag flying...we take in old tories as well you know...

Even if I did want to join Roly I don't think i could go through lobotomy process.

millmoormagic
28-06-2017, 09:46 PM
Even if I did want to join Roly I don't think i could go through lobotomy process.

Judging by your recent post's you've had it done years ago!!:D

Muchthemillersson
28-06-2017, 09:47 PM
You're using data from 300 years ago to compare to the modern day?

We now use fiat currency, back then we were using to the gold standard.

I'm huge advocate for using lessons from history, but this comparison is redundant.

That said, you're actually right, the whole system is unsustainable and the UK like many others is probably going to go bankrupt when we have the next 2008 without low interest rates to depend on.

Imposing a brutal austerity and jeopardising the prospects of the next generation is not the answer. Making the rich pay their fair share will help keep the wolves at the door, but it will all go pop, and it won't be nice.

You're quite right about the fiat currency. In ancient times coins wre made from gold or other precious metals. The Romans 'devalued' by adding a base metal to the gold so that it had the same weight but did not cost so much to produce. The merchants found out about that and put their prices up accordingly thus inventing inflation.

When paper currencies were introduced there was a promise that you could exchange the note for an equivalent amount of gold and gold reserves were held to support that. Governments who were unable to pay their way issued more and more paper currency and the people were willing to accept the promise that the paper in their pocket was of value.

Now, money is nothing more than numbers on a computer, created at a whim of government or indeed by banks. It only has value to the extent that the people are confident in the monetary system. When banks are bailed out traditionally the shareholders and lenders to it have to write off most or all of their investments. In the bail outs in Greece if that had happened some German banks would have been insolvent and consequently many other banks around the world. The solution required ordinary deposit holders to have part of their money written off as well pensioners having their pensions reduced. One I met recently had had his pension reduced from 3,500 euros per month to 1,200 euros per month.

Greece is a small country and its pain kept mainly within its own borders but if a larger country (and there are more than one lined up) were to go the same way, the people's confidence in the banks as a store of their value would disappear and queues will appear round the block again as they did at Northern Rock in 2008

Slimchance
30-06-2017, 01:52 PM
A very pretty graph, but fake news, it does cover the dates in question.

Labour into office 1964 with unemployment 1.7%, left office in 1970 at 2.7%

Labour into office 1974 with unemployment 2.6%, left office in 1979 at 5.7%. With Denis Healy having to go to the International Monetary Fund to stop UK plc going BUST.

mikemiller
30-06-2017, 02:14 PM
A very pretty graph, but fake news

Why is it "fake news"? Source was BBC News website, original source National Office of Statistics. You are criticising previous Labour governments, but letting the Thatcher regime off the hook for doing even worse. Plus, the Thatcher regime's monetarist policies were deliberately designed to push up unemployment, particularly for people working in the public sector, and use that as a threat to drive down the real wages of those still in work.

Slimchance
30-06-2017, 02:56 PM
Most Tory governments have increased unemployment, which I have not deigned, but only Tory governments have reduced unemployment.

Technology and productivity pushed up unemployment more than any government.

lbj
30-06-2017, 03:58 PM
"Please do not let our country fall into the hands of this mob of degenerate, dope-smoking, perpetual adolescent, wasters."

If that's the 'The*Bullingdon Club' you refer to - you're too late pal....Boris - David & George all guilty as charged but let off due to parentel pressure on the judge
( Another passed member )

gm_gm
30-06-2017, 04:47 PM
Most Tory governments have increased unemployment, which I have not deigned, but only Tory governments have reduced unemployment.

Technology and productivity pushed up unemployment more than any government.

Jesus Slimchance..may worth a quick edit