PDA

View Full Version : Warwickshire CCC shock

holmleighchris
28-06-2017, 05:41 AM
Poised to take a first innings lead over Lancs, 3 wickets in hand only 14 behind. Pity the rain will intervene and a draw looks inevitable.
They'd have probably messed up in the second innings anyway.

goodlordmurphy
28-06-2017, 07:00 AM
Poised to take a first innings lead over Lancs, 3 wickets in hand only 14 behind. Pity the rain will intervene and a draw looks inevitable.

It's a pity that the elements sometimes mess things up, but look on the bright side HLC they showed a willingness to get into a half decent position.

WBA1955
28-06-2017, 03:31 PM

Silly'game.How'anyone'can'get'excited'knowing'the' result'is'dependent'on'the'weather'is'beyond'me
They'should'resume'play'on'the'next'dry'day
Not'as'if'cricketers'have'anything'better'to'do'ot her'than'playing'cricket'is'it
There'would'be'a'lot'of'pools'winners'if'football' was'played'to'the'same'rules

Q165
28-06-2017, 04:16 PM
Silly'game.How'anyone'can'get'excited'knowing'the' result'is'dependent'on'the'weather'is'beyond'me
They'should'resume'play'on'the'next'dry'day
Not'as'if'cricketers'have'anything'better'to'do'ot her'than'playing'cricket'is'it
There'would'be'a'lot'of'pools'winners'if'football' was'played'to'the'same'rules

It has a lot of idiosyncrasies I admit. But it certainly ain't silly. Love it.

Acido
28-06-2017, 04:30 PM

No play at all for us today at Headingley/Leeds. Its been totally washed out! :O

holmleighchris
28-06-2017, 04:52 PM
48 up on first innings! Lancs. will soon wipe that out. 38 for 1 as I type.

WBA1955
28-06-2017, 06:28 PM

I'm'a'Pear'not'aBear'anyway'B)

Q165
28-06-2017, 07:43 PM
48 up on first innings! Lancs. will soon wipe that out. 38 for 1 as I type.

It will be difficult in the second innings, especially with Laughing Boy Anderson bowling

holmleighchris
29-06-2017, 05:35 AM
Lancs. 130 ahead with 6 wickets in hand. They could declare overnight and still win it. :blue:

goodlordmurphy
29-06-2017, 08:46 AM
Lancs. 130 ahead with 6 wickets in hand. They could declare overnight and still win it. :blue:

Bloody hell HLC...should I start building the gallows now...never known such pessimism...I'm afraid I would have you kicked out of the dressing room mate...:mad::mad::mad:

Q165
29-06-2017, 02:56 PM
I have just read that a Championship record fell to a Warwick batsmen in this game. Andy Umeed scored the slowest century in championship history. 113 in 429 minutes. Nine more than the previous slowest scored in 1914.

holmleighchris
29-06-2017, 03:46 PM
Bloody hell HLC...should I start building the gallows now...never known such pessimism...I'm afraid I would have you kicked out of the dressing room mate...:mad::mad::mad:

They've been shocking this summer, both in batting and bowling. Got a draw today, Lancs. 178 for 4 match drawn. I guess it's raining in Brum.
30 points from safety with the team immediately above them having a game in hand. Lost 4 games so far by an innings+ Looks pretty dire GLM.

Acido
29-06-2017, 04:39 PM
I have just read that a Championship record fell to a Warwick batsmen in this game. Andy Umeed scored the slowest century in championship history. 113 in 429 minutes. Nine more than the previous slowest scored in 1914.

Well thats one record that they can take with them Q, as they march towards Division Two. :P
Both of our games were ruined by the weather this week and its annoying that theres no way of avoiding it. Unless they could play in an indoor stadium!

holmleighchris
29-06-2017, 05:13 PM
Well thats one record that they can take with them Q, as they march towards Division Two. :P
Both of our games were ruined by the weather this week and its annoying that theres no way of avoiding it. Unless they could play in an indoor stadium!

Be a bloody big stadium with a bloody big roof to accommodate a few hundred fans

Acido
29-06-2017, 05:21 PM
Be a bloody big stadium with a bloody big roof to accommodate a few hundred fans

Exactly, no such stadium exists so theres no way of beating the wet weather. (I was being sarcy when I suggested it)

goodlordmurphy
29-06-2017, 09:15 PM

I was listening to commentary on radio while driving and when Umeed got out one of them posed a question about Michael Bond and two others that died and asked what they all had in common, after some head scratching the other commentator gave up and the answer was they all died during Umeed's innings....:O

Acido
29-06-2017, 09:42 PM
Hey, even though that lads innings was a terribly boring negative and tedious scrape of our time and effort....
it was still more exciting and funny and entertaining than every single episode of Mrs Browns boys put together!!
So thats consolation to Worrikshire crikkit club at least. ;D

ps - I might get rollocked for that lol.

goodlordmurphy
29-06-2017, 10:05 PM
Hey, even though that lads innings was a terribly boring negative and tedious scrape of our time and effort....
it was still more exciting and funny and entertaining than every single episode of Mrs Browns boys put together!!
So thats consolation to Worrikshire crikkit club at least. ;D

ps - I might get rollocked for that lol.

The innings was a job that needed doing and Umeed did it well...I love cricket matches that are not so prdictable.

Acido
29-06-2017, 10:13 PM
The innings was a job that needed doing and Umeed did it well...I love cricket matches that are not so prdictable.

Seriously Goody, its always nice to see other cricket fans on here and as you will have noticed already...
Im a Yorkshire cricket fan (and Barnsley FC fan as well). :)
I agree that horrible innings can prove to be match winning as well, even if they arent good to watch and Geoff Boycott was the epitome of that sort of thing. (even though he was before my time as a fan)

Roymit
29-06-2017, 10:31 PM
Is it true Acido that you never need to ask a man you meet whether he's from Yorkshire as he'll already have told you?

Acido
29-06-2017, 10:55 PM
Is it true Acido that you never need to ask a man you meet whether he's from Yorkshire as he'll already have told you?

Err I dont know Roy, Im not sure about that lol.
Did you know Im from Yorkshire though, serious question ?

;D

holmleighchris
30-06-2017, 05:47 AM

Slow but without it another capitulation may well have occurred. Ian Westwood, the lad he replaced, hadn't accumulated that many all season I doubt.

goodlordmurphy
30-06-2017, 07:22 AM
Exactly, no such stadium exists so theres no way of beating the wet weather. (I was being sarcy when I suggested it)

How big is the O2 dome?

They have covered stadia in the Americas, I remember one promotional cricket match from the Toronto dome.

Roymit
30-06-2017, 08:32 AM
Err I dont know Roy, Im not sure about that lol.
Did you know Im from Yorkshire though, serious question ?

;D

I think the Barnsley connection was a clue.

Albionic68
30-06-2017, 09:42 AM

It must be true Roymit, for a Yaaaaarkshire man told me it was so..... Mick might in a minute as well :) .