PDA

View Full Version : Clocks

holmleighchris
28-06-2017, 05:45 AM
How many do you have, working not stuffed in a drawer?
We have 10. One in the kitchen, one in the downstairs WC, 2 in the lounge, one in the conservatory, one in the garden, one in the bathroom and one in each of the 3 bedrooms.
We need to get one for the hall!

phild
28-06-2017, 06:47 AM
I noticed the neighbour has installed a clock in his garden, why? Why would you want a clock in ya garden? In fact even wearing a watch is a bit tad old fashioned, not worn one for over 30 years.

One in the lounge, one in the hall, one in the kitchen and one in the bedroom = 4

Baggies_Boy_Tony
28-06-2017, 09:19 AM
I noticed the neighbour has installed a clock in his garden, why? Why would you want a clock in ya garden? In fact even wearing a watch is a bit tad old fashioned, not worn one for over 30 years.

One in the lounge, one in the hall, one in the kitchen and one in the bedroom = 4

Not wearing a watch! I feel undressed without mine.

Clocks, one in lounge, one in main bedroom, two in second bedroom (one showing time in USA where our son lives), one in kitchen and one in conservatory = six

sweeper5
28-06-2017, 10:04 AM
What actually constitutes a clock? Do you include the timer on a Computer Monitor, a telephone handset, a microwave oven, a normal oven. If you do, then we have 9; if you do not then this goes down to 3(Dining Room, Garden and Study).
By far the best is the one I have in my Study and I have named it Tony. Why, might you ask? Because it is a Cuckoo Clock and everytime that bird flies out it reminds me of the "cuckoo in the nest" at Albion. :P

phild
28-06-2017, 11:55 AM
QUOTE=sweeper5;What actually constitutes a clock?

Clock - not designed to be worn or carried about.

mickd1961
28-06-2017, 01:55 PM
I bet Fergie has one in every room!

"Hairdryer treatment" for wife if tea isn't spot on time.

Q165
28-06-2017, 04:20 PM
QUOTE=sweeper5;What actually constitutes a clock?

Clock - not designed to be worn or carried about.

Like my concrete sundial?

WBA1955
28-06-2017, 04:29 PM
We have 10. One in the kitchen, one in the downstairs WC, 2 in the lounge, one in the conservatory, one in the garden, one in the bathroom and one in each of the 3 bedrooms.

None.No'such'thing'as'time'anway'
Just'one'more'thing'for'you'to'worry'over

holmleighchris
28-06-2017, 04:55 PM
What actually constitutes a clock? Do you include the timer on a Computer Monitor, a telephone handset, a microwave oven, a normal oven. If you do, then we have 9; if you do not then this goes down to 3(Dining Room, Garden and Study).
By far the best is the one I have in my Study and I have named it Tony. Why, might you ask? Because it is a Cuckoo Clock and everytime that bird flies out it reminds me of the "cuckoo in the nest" at Albion. :P

I wasn't including anything on your list Sweeper.

holmleighchris
28-06-2017, 04:57 PM

I've not worn a watch for a good 30 years either. Rarely wore one before that. Always found them obtrusive.

holmleighchris
28-06-2017, 05:06 PM
None.No'such'thing'as'time'anway'
Just'one'more'thing'for'you'to'worry'over

That's a total load of Bobhollux! You go to work the same time every day but you wouldn't without time. Wouldn't know when to finish either. You wouldn't know when to catch a train, when to attend an event such as a football match or a concert. You wouldn't know when you wanted to watch a TV programme nor would they know when to put it on. You wouldn't know when to meet up with someone, or when the pub was open.Without time to measure it you wouldn't know how old you were, when to start school, when to finish school when to start working for a living, when to retire from working. You wouldn't be able to book a place in a hotel as they wouldn't know who was turning up when.
Next to nothing would work without time.
Time for me to go.

ststephenbaggie
28-06-2017, 05:12 PM
The wife bought me an alarm clock for Christmas. It starts glowing yellow then red then orange like the sunrise. Then the dawn chorus starts,softly at first before rising to a cacophany. I loved it for a week. Now hate it with a passion and make sure I'm up before it kicks off.

phild
28-06-2017, 05:28 PM
The wife bought me an alarm clock for Christmas. It starts glowing yellow then red then orange like the sunrise. Then the dawn chorus starts,softly at first before rising to a cacophany. I loved it for a week. Now hate it with a passion and make sure I'm up before it kicks off.

:star:XD

Albionic68
28-06-2017, 07:04 PM
That's a total load of Bobhollux! You go to work the same time every day but you wouldn't without time. Wouldn't know when to finish either. You wouldn't know when to catch a train, when to attend an event such as a football match or a concert. You wouldn't know when you wanted to watch a TV programme nor would they know when to put it on. You wouldn't know when to meet up with someone, or when the pub was open.Without time to measure it you wouldn't know how old you were, when to start school, when to finish school when to start working for a living, when to retire from working. You wouldn't be able to book a place in a hotel as they wouldn't know who was turning up when.
Time for me to go.

More importantly for Des', they wouldn't be able to call time at the bar ;D .

WBA1955
29-06-2017, 06:35 PM
Time for me to go.

Oh'Chris'they'have'tricked'you'into'living'a'life' ruled'by'a'clock
What'time'is'it'on'the'Moon

holmleighchris
30-06-2017, 05:51 AM
Oh'Chris'they'have'tricked'you'into'living'a'life' ruled'by'a'clock
What'time'is'it'on'the'Moon

No fekker lives on the moon.
Are you saying you don't live by time. The only ones who could get away with that are tramps and the insane.

goodlordmurphy
30-06-2017, 07:12 AM
Are you saying you don't live by time. The only ones who could get away with that are tramps and the insane.

Even tramps and the insane have to go when their 'time' is up and the big referee blows the whistle.

There is 'time' on the moon although not monitored by individuals as it is on earth , time is the great creator and time is the great destroyer of all things.

Albionic68
30-06-2017, 09:55 AM

Not a single clock as such.

Had one on the mantle piece until about six months ago.

When it stopped working we couldn't be bothered to replace it.

Or the battery XD .

Timer on the kitchen radio displays the time when switched on, but it's not on very often.

Never set the timer on the stereo or the cooker.

Time is displayed on our mobile phones but we don't spend said time waiting for their displays to change.

I do wear a watch though, the wife less so and my lad hardly ever at all as he can never find either of the ones he has.

Strangely enough he wants a watch for his birthday next month.

Think I'll give him a stick and tell him to make his own sun dial in the back garden.

If he isn't happy he can stick said stick where the sun don't shine :) .

kettering_baggie
30-06-2017, 12:17 PM
The administrators of this message board clearly don't have any clocks, as they obviously don't understand time as we know it. This post will be logged as something like '01:16 pm', unbelievable! How thick can you be?

holmleighchris
30-06-2017, 05:09 PM
The administrators of this message board clearly don't have any clocks, as they obviously don't understand time as we know it. This post will be logged as something like '01:16 pm', unbelievable! How thick can you be?

I know you've pointed out this discrepancy before (several times!) but I can't see what is wrong with saying 1.16 PM when it is 1.16 in the afternoon.
Explain it to me will you so I can join in the moaning.

WBA1955
30-06-2017, 05:35 PM

I'm'not'a'Tramp';D

kettering_baggie
30-06-2017, 11:40 PM
I know you've pointed out this discrepancy before (several times!) but I can't see what is wrong with saying 1.16 PM when it is 1.16 in the afternoon.
Explain it to me will you so I can join in the moaning.

1:16 pm is ok; 01:16 pm is not. 01:16 is one hour and six**** minutes after midnight. 13:16 is the same as 1:16 pm.

holmleighchris
01-07-2017, 05:46 AM
I'm'not'a'Tramp';D

I know :p

Got it Ketters :D