PDA

View Full Version : maloney signs

gudge1903
29-06-2017, 06:31 PM
richard gordon just said a deal has been agreed pending a medical.

Aldo1983
29-06-2017, 06:44 PM
1yr deal. Wonder why he knocked back Hull?

Pacman1903
29-06-2017, 06:47 PM
1yr deal. Wonder why he knocked back Hull?

Same reason as McInnes

Guffballs for w@ankers

macattack
29-06-2017, 06:56 PM
Aye its on BBC Website as well Happy Days :)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40450094

afc1903mad
29-06-2017, 07:04 PM
Aye its on BBC Website as well Happy Days :)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40450094

Just wonder where he will play.

jamiesd
29-06-2017, 07:18 PM

Subbuteo in the physio's room?

RedStarTorphins
29-06-2017, 07:32 PM

Reckon it'll be off the left in a 4-2-3-1.
Not wide left like Hayes but coming off the left.

afc1903mad
29-06-2017, 07:38 PM
Reckon it'll be off the left in a 4-2-3-1.
Not wide left like Hayes but coming off the left.

Name your team.

I had Stewart McLean and Christie in behind Rooney

gudge1903
29-06-2017, 07:44 PM
will be handy on bench and to fill in when christie cant play against tims, prob best to use sparingly as hes had nightmares with injuries over years, cant see him on plastic pitches either but if we get may in too then we should have plenty cover in forward positions, mcginn would be handy if he did sign again (unlikely i know) but would be some squad if we could get a decent centre back.

Heed_Don_In
29-06-2017, 07:56 PM
http://i64.tinypic.com/aepfua.jpg

foreveradon
29-06-2017, 08:09 PM
Things are looking up for the Dons
Funny how sentiment can quickly change in football
Wasn't so long ago it was all doom and gloom at this rate we will arguably have a stronger team than last season
Happy days O:)

thebeachend
29-06-2017, 08:19 PM
its looking like we'll score 1 more than you.....hope we take in a couple of top notch defenders and we're in great shape. all out attack minded team the now.

GGMDONS
29-06-2017, 08:27 PM
Wasn't so long ago it was all doom and gloom at this rate we will arguably have a stronger team than last season
Happy days O:)[/QUOTE]

A Week is a long time in football

We just need Maloney confirmed by the club, May to follow along with a Central defender then another midfielder to complete our dealings this window

87kilos
29-06-2017, 08:55 PM

We just need Maloney confirmed by the club, May to follow along with a Central defender then another midfielder to complete our dealings this window[/QUOTE]

Midfield is strong enough. A left back would be preferable and more beneficial IMO.

standfreelee
29-06-2017, 09:03 PM

We just need Maloney confirmed by the club, May to follow along with a Central defender then another midfielder to complete our dealings this window

Midfield is strong enough. A left back would be preferable and more beneficial IMO.[/QUOTE]

the boy hendrie released from west ham? considine moved to CH? think I'd rather have a new CH beast unit

Feck_the_Huns
29-06-2017, 09:11 PM

Midfield is strong enough. A left back would be preferable and more beneficial IMO.[/QUOTE]

Not getting the need for left back. Shinzaa, Considine, Harvey, and I've always thought Reynolds would make a top left back

GGMDONS
29-06-2017, 09:27 PM
Midfield is strong enough. A left back would be preferable and more beneficial IMO.

Another midfielder and Shinnie could go to left back, however Maloney & May plus a central defender needs to be our priority

RedStarTorphins
29-06-2017, 09:28 PM
Name your team.

I had Stewart McLean and Christie in behind Rooney

Depends on opposition & if home/away

Ordinarily Christie McLean Maloney
Behind May ;)

afc1903mad
29-06-2017, 09:38 PM
Depends on opposition & if home/away

Ordinarily Christie McLean Maloney
Behind May ;)

I would like May up front and can see Rooney not as effective.
Your not playing Stewart "ordinarily"

Shinniesta3
29-06-2017, 09:44 PM
Midfield is strong enough. A left back would be preferable and more beneficial IMO
the boy hendrie released from west ham? considine moved to CH? think I'd rather have a new CH beast unit

Hendrie signed for Southend today

KIWIRED
29-06-2017, 10:44 PM
Good signing, great experience.

Very happy for the club to get him on board. Suprised its only a one year deal , but I am sure that could be extended

Like the rest of the guys, a few weeks ago all the doom merchants where predicting the fall on our great club

Now we have DM & Doc back on board.

A few good signings with more to come. Cash in the bank and Dave McCormark on board

Happy days

GGMDONS
29-06-2017, 10:53 PM
Starting to suspect the players who left went cos they would now struggle to get in the team, the exception being Hayes

GASC1980
30-06-2017, 07:17 AM
Delighted with Maloney. I'm sure he'll fit right in and we will get a good year out of him.

macattack
30-06-2017, 07:51 AM
So wonder when the big unveiling will be :D sometime today I hope

Pacman1903
30-06-2017, 07:56 AM

I was doom and gloom when the prospect of Hayes and the management were potentially offsky in a matter of days from eachother. This was also before I realised that the Horrible Hobbit had a release clause and thought we were just selling him off our own backs

As said by others, how things change.Now I am happy but I am also very happy with McInnes for staying. But I don't think he was ever leaving and if he has pulled off the blinder I think he has f@cking fair play to him. I cant help think he deliberately spoke to the guff ball team with no intention of signing knowing the respect Milne has for him. He knew the fright to Milne would help his cause transfer wise. Maybe I'm wrong on this but its my suspicion any way.

Derek said after the Scottish Cup final "we go again". Well we are very close to having a cracking team presuming the May rumours are true(get a defender or two in min). So we will be ready to "go again" with a decent team.

COYFR

Bridieeater
30-06-2017, 08:10 AM
I was doom and gloom when the prospect of Hayes and the management were potentially offsky in a matter of days from eachother. This was also before I realised that the Horrible Hobbit had a release clause and thought we were just selling him off our own backs

As said by others, how things change.Now I am happy but I am also very happy with McInnes for staying. But I don't think he was ever leaving and if he has pulled off the blinder I think he has f@cking fair play to him. I cant help think he deliberately spoke to the guff ball team with no intention of signing knowing the respect Milne has for him. He knew the fright to Milne would help his cause transfer wise. Maybe I'm wrong on this but its my suspicion any way.

Derek said after the Scottish Cup final "we go again". Well we are very close to having a cracking team presuming the May rumours are true(get a defender or two in min). So we will be ready to "go again" with a decent team.

COYFR

I agree to some extent Pacman, however i think there is a mutual respect between Derek and Stewart and had that relationship not existed then he may have been gone long before now. I also have no doubt that at the back of his mind he will have been thinking the situation could have worked to his advantage however Derek is abundantly aware of his budget which will have been agreed upon. Selling Hayes and bringing in investment from McCormick will have helped the board to "up" the budget to some extent.

Stupie82
30-06-2017, 09:09 AM
Maloney is a fantastic signing and he will add some priceless experience. I agree with Pac, a couple of defenders, get May and we will have an excellent team. I agree with others sentiments as well, that we could well have an even better team than we had last season. The good news for me is that we also have young fringe players who are looking to break into the squad in key positions. If we can bleed them into the team, we could be looking at a very decent setup.

donsdaft
30-06-2017, 11:28 AM
Better off with a young winger anyway.

donsdaft
30-06-2017, 12:21 PM
Youth coming through is even more key this season given we are going to have 2 loanees in the first team and an injury prone 34 yo. No doubt KM going next year to if not before . As such we are going to be in same position this time next year. Hopefully some of the young 'un's have cemented a place by then.

I like the quality of our signings but they just feel a bit short-termist.

Absolutely Quine.

A bit more short term than you might think.

Mason89
30-06-2017, 12:27 PM
Absolutely Quine.

A bit more short term than you might think.

It's got a Jimmy Calderwood feel to it, albeit with better players. Need a better plan than making it from one window to the next

rico94
30-06-2017, 12:59 PM
These days you could sign a player on a 5 year deal and there is still no guarantee he will be here the following season,Joe Lewis has just signed a 3 year deal but that doesn't necessarily mean he will be here that long.

Apart from the Christie loan I think Stewart and Maloney are good deals for us, Stewart could end up signing permanently and Maloney could sign for another year if he plays enough games.

PittodriePile
30-06-2017, 01:00 PM
No doubt KM going next year to if not before

Is it beyond the realms of possibility that KM could sign an extension?

vinnydesalvo
30-06-2017, 01:42 PM
You would think that if he watched any of last night's feeble hunnery he'd be reaching for the pen and agreeing to a £2.5m release clause.

Stupie82
30-06-2017, 02:11 PM
You would think that if he watched any of last night's feeble hunnery he'd be reaching for the pen and agreeing to a £2.5m release clause.

Except that genuine huns dont seem to care and its all about playing for the "worlds most successful club". WATP, FTP, No surrender... and all that pish... its not even about the football.

Pacman1903
30-06-2017, 02:13 PM
Except that genuine huns dont seem to care and its all about playing for the "worlds most successful club". WATP, FTP, No surrender... and all that pish... its not even about the football.

Exactly.

kigoretrout
30-06-2017, 02:37 PM
They are horrible deluded apes. 50k to watch them win 1-0 against a team 4th in the Luxembourg league. Madness ! Thought they were bang average apart from Krankjier who with any luck will get injured soon !

kigoretrout
30-06-2017, 02:43 PM
It's got a Jimmy Calderwood feel to it, albeit with better players. Need a better plan than making it from one window to the next
I'm optimistic. The Calderwood "stellar signings" were added to a team half of which were gash. We are adding quality to quality which is different. I think Rooney might benefit from what I think will be service more suited to him. He was not mobile enough or good enough in the air to convert enough of the chances from McGinn and in the main Hayes crosses from runs down the wing.

57vintage
30-06-2017, 03:46 PM
So, if the manager is talking about his players, does he refer to three recent signings as:

Ma loanee 1 (Christie)

Ma loanee 2 (Stewart)

Maloney 3

This is going to get confusing in the dressing room.

macattack
30-06-2017, 03:55 PM
Flamin Eck its taking a while for the official photo to appear on the Website :O cmon

GGMDONS
30-06-2017, 04:01 PM
As his contract desnt run out with Hull until midnight, I would expect to hear no confirmation until at least tomorrow

Landvetter83
30-06-2017, 04:45 PM
Very happy with this one. A bit like Robson a few years ago, bring in a hugely experienced player with 40+ caps.
His influence on the squad will be worth noting. Also,he's a tidy player who can hopefully still take a useful free kick!
Suspect the opportunity to progress to coaching like Robson may have been appealing.
Welcome back to Aberdeen Shaun min!

eastnuekdon
30-06-2017, 05:09 PM
Flamin Eck its taking a while for the official photo to appear on the Website :O cmon

Must be waiting to have a double press conference for maloney and may!!!

macattack
30-06-2017, 05:36 PM
As his contract desnt run out with Hull until midnight, I would expect to hear no confirmation until at least tomorrow

Good Point hence why your spot on with it probably be tomorrow :)

donsdaft
30-06-2017, 05:40 PM

Don't hold your breath

Pauldolski10
30-06-2017, 05:46 PM
His medical isna til sunday so would imagine Monday unveiling if he passes

Br0chred
30-06-2017, 09:04 PM
Don't hold your breath

Obviously if it all falls through we'll hold you personally responsible!!

donsdaft
30-06-2017, 09:20 PM
Less of your cheek or there's no more Aitkens rolls for you.

Pacman1903
30-06-2017, 09:20 PM
His medical isna til sunday so would imagine Monday unveiling if he passes

Is it Sunday as the EE says McInnes wants him in the squad tomorrow

GGMDONS
30-06-2017, 09:28 PM
Is it Sunday as the EE says McInnes wants him in the squad tomorrow

I can confirm he has already had his medical , announcement should be in the morning.

Br0chred
30-06-2017, 10:14 PM
Less of your cheek or there's no more Aitkens rolls for you.

OK... OK... I'll keep schtum. They were afa fine O:)

donsdaft
01-07-2017, 08:16 AM
How long's that you've been in exile now min?

Div yi nae get time aff for good behaviour?

Br0chred
01-07-2017, 08:33 AM
How long's that you've been in exile now min?

Div yi nae get time aff for good behaviour?

23 years of charity work in he land of weeg >:(

Any more news from Dod? You should be the first to know

donsdaft
01-07-2017, 08:37 AM
Nah.

Just the hint that things weren't going as well as what was being reported.

Br0chred
01-07-2017, 08:40 AM
Nah.

Just the hint that things weren't going as well as what was being reported.

Tell Dod to tell him I'll chuck in a dozen Aitkens to sweeten the deal

sheepcrooky
03-07-2017, 06:07 PM
I heard he seen the new away kit and bolted :) :) :)

macattack
03-07-2017, 06:09 PM
Aye its gone very quite on Maloney :blue: hopefully its just crap on social media that he failed his medical and needs a hip operation !

Pacman1903
03-07-2017, 06:14 PM
I heard he seen the new away kit and bolted :) :) :)

Hes worn some hinging shirts in his career. This een is nowhere near as bad as any of them

AiberdonianAce
03-07-2017, 06:15 PM
I can confirm he has already had his medical , announcement should be in the morning.

Take it you meant Tuesday morning?

GGMDONS
03-07-2017, 06:49 PM
IT Doesnt look like their be any info from AFC Tonight despite what's been said in the media.

AFC Should comment on the speculation about his medical cos if its not true it doesn't do the player any favours

RedStarTorphins
03-07-2017, 09:10 PM
IT Doesnt look like their be any info from AFC Tonight despite what's been said in the media.

AFC Should comment on the speculation about his medical cos if its not true it doesn't do the player any favours

That'll be that then...

https://twitter.com/bbcchrismclaug/status/881981666377576448

Feck_the_Huns
03-07-2017, 09:17 PM
That'll be that then...

Nothing ever seems to run smoothly when it comes to AFC

sheepcrooky
03-07-2017, 09:17 PM
That'll be that then...

Very bizarre Maloney himself would flag up an injury concern at this very late stage.

torry_battery_ram
03-07-2017, 09:22 PM
Very bizarre Maloney himself would flag up an injury concern at this very late stage.

Not if he has suddenly had another club offer him a much better financial deal late on and he's decided to not join the Dons?

sheepcrooky
03-07-2017, 09:36 PM
Not if he has suddenly had another club offer him a much better financial deal late on and he's decided to not join the Dons?

Surely then it would be "ironing out a few details" rather than an injury concern.

AiberdonianAce
03-07-2017, 11:45 PM

If the BBC article is correct that he hasn't had a medical from AFC but looking into it himself, it could mean that he wants to sign for the dandies but doesn't want to mess the club about by signing a injured player.....or finds out its worse than he thought and just retires

NaeMairNeeps
04-07-2017, 03:02 AM
Weel, apperently there's nae pic o the scarf ower the heid yet cos the fat wifie is still clearin her throat .....

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/1233071/aberdeen-shaun-maloney-europa-league/

awafaehame
04-07-2017, 03:22 AM
Nothing ever seems to run smoothly when it comes to AFC

What a load of utter p!sh.

Normally, the signings we make are so secret, we barely hear of them until they are completed.

Some folk just like a good fvcking moan and to blame AFC for everything.

Would you prefer we signed an injured player????

Pacman1903
04-07-2017, 07:49 AM

Normally, the signings we make are so secret, we barely hear of them until they are completed.

Exactly, and a an expensive injured player at that

rico94
04-07-2017, 08:42 AM

I wouldn't say AFC are completely blameless if the deal falls through.

They have let a 34 year old with a history of injury problems erse them about for almost a month while he decides whether to sign for us or Hull. As someone else said its bizarre that he has just discovered he has this injury the day he is supposed to sign if thats true.

The May deal not going through wouldn't be Aberdeen's fault if their new manager decides to keep him. I just hope the other targets if these 2 fall through are just as good and its not a case of us being told "well we tried to sign May and Maloney and it didn't work out but at least we tried" and we end up signing some dross instead.

I remember years ago we tried to sign Graham Kavanagh and got ersed about for one reason or another for a few months,then signed Nigel bloody Pepper when the Kavanagh deal fell through.

macattack
04-07-2017, 12:33 PM
Hope McInnes has got a Plan B if this falls through? who you be another Big Name signing on a free instead of Maloney ?

deedon
06-07-2017, 02:01 PM
Spoke to some of the players in St Andrews today. They said Dons were "still in negotiations" over Maloney, but that I knew as much as they did (which incidentally is f*ck all....)

kigoretrout
06-07-2017, 03:17 PM
Spoke to some of the players in St Andrews today. They said Dons were "still in negotiations" over Maloney, but that I knew as much as they did (which incidentally is f*ck all....)

New Hull manager. The tattie faced Russian dude supposedly quoted as saying he was still quite happy to have him back.

RedStarTorphins
06-07-2017, 03:24 PM
Hope McInnes has got a Plan B if this falls through? who you be another Big Name signing on a free instead of Maloney ?

one that's not permanently injured?
Then again, if that were the case, we wouldn't have a sniff

Don_Corleone
06-07-2017, 04:52 PM

Do you know when the team are leaving St Andrews? Are they there until Saturday, or away today and playing Arbroath on the way back up the road? I was thinking about popping through tomorrow or Saturday to St Andrews and wondered if they would still be there.

KIWIRED
06-07-2017, 10:12 PM
Is there a doctor in the house ?
Seems he needs a Hernia operation
Anyone now the length of time to recover from that
Fair play to him at least he is honest about
Could have just signed and then said by the way Ineed the op.

AiberdonianAce
06-07-2017, 10:46 PM
Is there a doctor in the house ?
Seems he needs a Hernia operation
Anyone now the length of time to recover from that
Fair play to him at least he is honest about

I think it depends where it is, 3-6 weeks but I'd expect he would be out the later since its strenuous exercise he does for a job

Pacman1903
06-07-2017, 11:15 PM

A hernia would be easily detected in a medical. I get checked for hernias to go offshore, surely a fitba player gets checked more thoroughly . Still think he will sign eventually

deedon
07-07-2017, 03:47 AM
Do you know when the team are leaving St Andrews? Are they there until Saturday, or away today and playing Arbroath on the way back up the road? I was thinking about popping through tomorrow or Saturday to St Andrews and wondered if they would still be there.

Nae idea, sorry. I presumed they'd head back north after yesterday's game. If I see them again though will let you know ;)

medw1311
07-07-2017, 05:10 PM
Some quotes from McInness earlier re Maloney:

"We're doing further investigation, but the intention would be to still try to sign him,"

"With Shaun, there's still a willingness from both parties to try to get a deal done, but he flagged up a concern"

"It's very unusual for a footballer to be as honest, open and transparent. Shaun wants to be here and wants to be our best player, he doesn't want to be a burden or anything like that."

"Unfortunately for us, he's not going to be fit for the next few weeks so the priority for me at the minute is to try to get players who can help us just now."

deedon
08-07-2017, 06:14 PM

Spoke with Big Joe today. The team are still in St Andrews. They play Doncaster tomorrow in St Andrews. I think that must be at the Old Course Hotel's training facilities.

Joey_Harper
08-07-2017, 08:24 PM
Spoke with Big Joe today. The team are still in St Andrews. They play Doncaster tomorrow in St Andrews. I think that must be at the Old Course Hotel's training facilities.

Any idea what time this kicks off? I might go round for a nosey!

deedon
09-07-2017, 09:14 AM
Any idea what time this kicks off? I might go round for a nosey!

Sorry, no, he never said. Obviously during the day I'd have thought, probably not morning so anytime in the afternoon....?

Pacman1903
09-07-2017, 09:57 AM
Sorry, no, he never said. Obviously during the day I'd have thought, probably not morning so anytime in the afternoon....?

XD

So in other words. Just hang aboot min

Redroy83
02-08-2017, 06:52 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40805276

Hairdrier
02-08-2017, 06:56 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40805276

Definitely dodged a bullet there. Sign someone who can still play please.

macattack
02-08-2017, 07:04 PM
Ah sounds like he is retiring then going to coach smeltic's under 20 side :( So who do we splash all his potential wages on now :D ?

KIWIRED
03-08-2017, 05:50 AM
Fair play to him, at least he was honest enough to tell us he was not fit to sign on

Perhaps, now we can get a decent defender in

Pissedofdon
03-08-2017, 06:52 AM
That is one way to look at it! I bet he got offered a better deal with Celtic and took that.

Aldo1983
03-08-2017, 07:31 AM
That is one way to look at it! I bet he got offered a better deal with Celtic and took that.

He was keen on playing for us. If he was fit enough he would have. The options were always either playing for us or retiring.

rico94
03-08-2017, 08:55 AM

Something is a little off on this whole thing, if he has a career ending injury then why did he realise this in July when he wasn't even training? I would have thought he would have had some idea at the end of last season in May when he was at Hull who have also came out and said the injury is manageable and their contract offer was still on the table.

I think he was going to sign for us, Celtic have told him to hold on as they might offer him a coaching role, he has ersed us about with this injury thing and we have wasted 2 months trying to sign him. Not our fault but we might have been better off telling him to forget it in July when he came up with this injury thing and moved onto someone else.

Hopefully we use the money for him on another player, possibly a defender as some have mentioned.

Aldo1983
03-08-2017, 09:20 AM
Something is a little off on this whole thing, if he has a career ending injury then why did he realise this in July when he wasn't even training? I would have thought he would have had some idea at the end of last season in May when he was at Hull who have also came out and said the injury is manageable and their contract offer was still on the table.

I think he was going to sign for us, Celtic have told him to hold on as they might offer him a coaching role, he has ersed us about with this injury thing and we have wasted 2 months trying to sign him. Not our fault but we might have been better off telling him to forget it in July when he came up with this injury thing and moved onto someone else.

Hopefully we use the money for him on another player, possibly a defender as some have mentioned.

You need to be fair to him. He wanted to play for us and was in denial about how bad his injury was. He hasn't turned us down for Celtic. He didn't want to sign for us and not be good enough. Pretty commendable. His wages wouldn't have been that much either.

rico94
03-08-2017, 09:29 AM
You need to be fair to him. He wanted to play for us and was in denial about how bad his injury was. He hasn't turned us down for Celtic. He didn't want to sign for us and not be good enough. Pretty commendable. His wages wouldn't have been that much either.

Maybe you are right and I am being harsh on him, it just seems a little convenient that this coaching job has came up and he has been offered it. I think Celtic have known for a while their u20 coach was leaving so there is a chance they have told him he might get it?

Good luck to him though and to be honest he probably wouldn't have played that much here anyway, Im sure the wages we would have offered him will be enough to bring in another player.

Aldo1983
03-08-2017, 09:38 AM
Maybe you are right and I am being harsh on him, it just seems a little convenient that this coaching job has came up and he has been offered it. I think Celtic have known for a while their u20 coach was leaving so there is a chance they have told him he might get it?

Good luck to him though and to be honest he probably wouldn't have played that much here anyway, Im sure the wages we would have offered him will be enough to bring in another player.

I don't know him but I do know someone close to him and they said he was in denial about the injury and didn't want to sign for us if he couldn't give his best. The options were always signing for us or retiring. I don't know why but he was really keen on playing for us.

DonUnder
03-08-2017, 10:18 AM

Geez did W@nknamarra never happen?

He could have fckd us over and he didn't - good enough for me.

kigoretrout
03-08-2017, 12:51 PM
Geez did W@nknamarra never happen?

He could have fckd us over and he didn't - good enough for me.

My thoughts too. Its a pity as a fit Maloney would have brought something different to the team. Still more annoyed about losing out on Stevie May to be honest.