PDA

View Full Version : O/T Voting against abolishing the wages CAP

regis80
30-06-2017, 11:35 AM
Whatever your party beliefs are, you will all agree the recognition we have seen for our nurses, firemean, armed services, care services.. you name it.. those worked through the recent horrific tragic events (Manchester, Borough and Grenfell) deserve to have the wage cap lifted? I think it is disgusting that they have been denied this. To make matters worse, there was a loud cheer by the Tories when they won this vote. This is just sickening to hear of. I really didn't want to start another topic sounding like i am Tory bashing again, but surely any decent person will agree this is harsh.

kettering_baggie
30-06-2017, 12:02 PM
I doubt that there are many people who believe that nurses, police, paramedics, etc, etc, are not deserving of higher pay than, say, footballers. The problem is, of course, how to pay the appropriate wages for all these deserving people. Just about the only correct thing Theresa May has said recently is that there is no magic money tree. We still have a national deficit of staggering proportions and that cannot be ignored. We need a complete overhaul of our tax and expenditure; there is no political party showing any idea about how to go about the task; the Tories are a total shambles and Labour just seems to think that we can spend, spend spend, regardless of the financial consequences. We need healthy doses of realism and pragmatism. The big issue of our time is Brexit, how on Earth anyone thinks that we have a chance of paying public sector workers what they deserve if we exit the EU is quite amazing. In order to remunerate these people correctly we need financial stability and Brexit will deliver the opposite. No political party has the guts to say that in everyone's interest, we should ditch Brexit and build bridges with our European partners.

mickd1961
30-06-2017, 02:06 PM
I believe we are £1.5 TRILLION in debt as a country.

We borrow a staggering amount each year and add to this debt pile.

We send £13.7 Billion away each year in "foreign aid" and this is index linked and increased every year.

So we borrow billions to send billions whilst people die lying in their own p I s s and emergency workers and police etc earn less in real terms than they did a decade ago.

The "Liberal Elite" who infest ALL political parties are the problem.....so desperate to be seen as "doing good" around the world whilst sacrificing their own people.

What a f kin national disgrace.

Tory,Labour,Liberal all equally as stupid and naive as each other.

WBA123
30-06-2017, 03:52 PM
Yes it is disgusting. I want good public services and emergency services who are properly rewarded for the challenging jobs they do. We are a wealthy country and this should be a given.

Yes, we are in debt and this needs to come down. Why I liked Labours manifesto was because it offered hope. It offered a lot of things I believed in and a more even spread of wealth.

Foreign Aid actually saves lives. Many of those lives in the Middle East we have put in jeapordy through our failed foreign policy and UK made bombs being dropped on them. I think this should still be given as well as solidly supporting our own emergency services.

You can say all you like about Labour's figures not adding up, but the Tories have missed every deficit target since they have been in power. Quite why people think they are better at running the economy is beyond me.

And, if you do employ more police / pay nurses more as per Labours manifesto, you are providing much needed economic stimulus to the economy. Right now, the economy is stagnating. And the poster above is spot on, pursuing Brexit will not in any way help drive growth or improve our economy.

albion68
30-06-2017, 07:28 PM
I doubt that there are many people who believe that nurses, police, paramedics, etc, etc, are not deserving of higher pay than, say, footballers. The problem is, of course, how to pay the appropriate wages for all these deserving people. Just about the only correct thing Theresa May has said recently is that there is no magic money tree. We still have a national deficit of staggering proportions and that cannot be ignored. We need a complete overhaul of our tax and expenditure; there is no political party showing any idea about how to go about the task; the Tories are a total shambles and Labour just seems to think that we can spend, spend spend, regardless of the financial consequences. We need healthy doses of realism and pragmatism. The big issue of our time is Brexit, how on Earth anyone thinks that we have a chance of paying public sector workers what they deserve if we exit the EU is quite amazing. In order to remunerate these people correctly we need financial stability and Brexit will deliver the opposite. No political party has the guts to say that in everyone's interest, we should ditch Brexit and build bridges with our European partners.

1,if we ditch brexit we are no longer a democratic country.2,fact all public services are paid by taxpayers we give them all a rise (which I'm not against) then the taxpayer moans , 3,EU is money gobbling establishment.

Newcy Wolf
30-06-2017, 09:37 PM
1,if we ditch brexit we are no longer a democratic country.2,fact all public services are paid by taxpayers we give them all a rise (which I'm not against) then the taxpayer moans , 3,EU is money gobbling establishment.

I don't get it.

Pleas explain the "if we ditch Brexit we are no longer a democratic country"

And

EU is money gobbling establishment.

Please expand?

I fully expect a nasty, cheap dig at me but go on, I challenge you to a decent response.

Have a go big boy...

phild
30-06-2017, 09:42 PM
Public sector workers receive higher wages...

http://tinyurl.com/zadjxmt

Q165
01-07-2017, 06:09 AM

It is difficult to generalise as there are such a wide range of jobs in the public sector. It does not apply to all. If I had wanted I know could have earnt more privately.

albion68
01-07-2017, 08:06 AM
I don't get it.

And

Please expand?

I fully expect a nasty, cheap dig at me but go on, I challenge you to a decent response.

Have a go big boy...

I don't now about you I always thought a democrat country . You have a vote and the majority wins .so if we ditch the EU now that's not democratic. EU money gobblers have you seen the obscene salaries a mep gets.and you are right I am a big boy.well man actually.

WBA53
01-07-2017, 09:18 AM
I don't get it.

And

Please expand?

Have a go big boy...
democracy means we can sack our elected ruling party every 5 years if we so wish,as for the unelected EU gravytrain riders?theres your answer

goodlordmurphy
01-07-2017, 09:25 AM
I believe we are £1.5 TRILLION in debt as a country.

We borrow a staggering amount each year and add to this debt pile.

We send £13.7 Billion away each year in "foreign aid" and this is index linked and increased every year.

So we borrow billions to send billions whilst people die lying in their own p I s s and emergency workers and police etc earn less in real terms than they did a decade ago.

The "Liberal Elite" who infest ALL political parties are the problem.....so desperate to be seen as "doing good" around the world whilst sacrificing their own people.

What a f kin national disgrace.

Tory,Labour,Liberal all equally as stupid and naive as each other.

Like...now where is that button...

WBA53
01-07-2017, 09:29 AM
the absoloute disgrace is the foriegn aid budget,we give to north korea ffs and india who have a space programme amongst others.im all for helping out the proper poor countrys but this budget must be severley reigned in

mickd1961
01-07-2017, 09:44 AM
Overseas aid department has 2208 employees FFS....that many people needed to give away £13.3 billion!

386 of those have been taken on in the last 12 months alone!

Average salary per member of staff is £53k per annum.

Meanwhile people still die here lying in their own bodily waste.

WBA53
01-07-2017, 09:56 AM
Overseas aid department has 2208 employees FFS....that many people needed to give away £13.3 billion!

386 of those have been taken on in the last 12 months alone!

Average salary per member of staff is £53k per annum.

Meanwhile people still die here lying in their own bodily waste.
we can thank dodgy dave for this as it was his govt that enshrined it in law that it has to be 0.07% of the UKs gross national income every year.disgraceful
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/12/22/britain-spends-13billionon-foreign-aid-corrupt-countries/

goodlordmurphy
01-07-2017, 10:06 AM
Which thread mentioned consultants getting loads of money per day they could start recouping some of it there.

albion68
01-07-2017, 10:13 AM
Which thread mentioned consultants getting loads of money per day they could start recouping some of it there.
Yes Murphy,absolutely disgraceful.

OptimisticBaggie
02-07-2017, 03:14 PM

I know I can earn more doing private work, and there would be less stress and risk of injury as well. Many of my colleagues have realised it, that is why their is currently a retention crisis in front line ambulance trusts.

If you take into account our pension contributions doubling (mine has gone from 5% to 10.6% in the last 6 years), then the 1% per year we have received over the last 6 years is actually less than 1% total. Although admittedly in that time I have moved up a band so my pay has gone up, mind you in that time period I have also spent £3600 out of my own pocket on training courses, which the move up a band will not repay for 3 years.

But I am also a tax payer & I understand that the government cannot afford to give us large pay rises (keeping up with inflation would be nice though).

But to see them cheering the vote been thrown out makes my blood boil, and it to be closely followed by them giving away £1billion so that May can keep her job just shows what a bunch of hypocritical Bar stewards politicians are.

soulman101
02-07-2017, 03:19 PM
Lizzie from Buck house has got another rise of 8% plus another new roof. MPs have had big rises.NHS staff deserve there wage cap lifted.