PDA

View Full Version : Chinese whizzkid joins Albion

Footymad
03-07-2017, 12:59 PM
But Albion fans will have to wait to see Chinese youngster in action - External Link (http://www.footymad.com/west-bromwich-albion/news/tmnw/chinese_whizzkid_joins_albion_909257/index.shtml)

BaggieBlood
03-07-2017, 01:28 PM
Now that's what I call a fast chinese takeaway!

Signed and off to werder bremen within minutes.

Yarmbaggie
03-07-2017, 01:33 PM
Now that's what I call a fast chinese takeaway!

Signed and off to werder bremen within minutes.

Looks like the deal is for 3 years but the first 2 are on loan at Werder! Hope they are paying his wages even if the club do say that the transfer is not including within the budget (?) available to TP.

Albionic68
03-07-2017, 02:02 PM
This could prove to be a very shrewd move.

Be interesting to see the transfer fee involved if one of the major Chinese clubs comes in for him given the moves to block foreign players.

Could be a valuable asset for us one way or the other if he develops towards his reported potential.

BaggieBlood
03-07-2017, 03:07 PM
I think the plan will be for him to play in germany and apply for germany citizenship and get into uk that way.

Trying to come in now would either reuire him to play , i think 75% of internationals, or be an exceptional talent.

That maybe wrong as i can just recall something from when artim sakiri (his playing prowess does not remind me of him, but some how I have a bobblehead of him looking at me in my living room) was refused a work permit and we won on appeal.

OptimisticBaggie
03-07-2017, 07:43 PM
Yep, because China are not currently in the top 50 work permits are harder to come by, he is apparently very popular in China after 2 goals and an assist on his full international debut.

His signing is more to do with raising the clubs profile in China than anything else, we are unlikely to make a loss on him (Werder Bremen are paying some of his wages but I don't know how much) and if he develops into a Premier league player it will be a bonus.

Other than that I don't know much about him, according to my lad his rating on FIFA17 is 68 (for comparison Rondon is 80, Berahino 77, Rodriguez 77, HRK 67 & Leko 64) but of course that is a computer game that rates Dawson less than some of our youth players!!