PDA

View Full Version : Marc Wilson

WBA53
03-07-2017, 03:26 PM
Seems we are buying him on a permanent for around 1M.another utility player who can cover 2/3 positions,that's OK as long as he's just a match day squad player on the bench in case of an injury

Palmeras
03-07-2017, 03:34 PM
It's just to save money we won't have to sign a centre back

holmleighchris
03-07-2017, 03:59 PM
I hope we don't field him at left back too often. I thought he looked pretty poor when he did play last term. Mind you the whole team were performing badly when he was given his chance.
I'd have preferred keeping Poco as cover or even first choice left back. No chance though, TP didn't like him.

Whicka_Mon
03-07-2017, 05:57 PM
Rubbish. Doesn't offer anything. How is this moving forward? Cannot kick the ball with his left foot. Waste of money. Typical Pulis signing.
Another thing.
Why are we still linked with players who we were linked with up to twelve months ago ? What are the scouts doing?

mickd1961
03-07-2017, 06:23 PM
Wow......one to set the pulses racing.

A possible £15m signing on the Sunday followed by our usual "bargain basement" signings to even things up.

You had your summer excitement yesterday folks......it's back to normal now.

OptimisticBaggie
03-07-2017, 07:50 PM
We are paper thin & we need to make up the numbers a little, as long as we pay no more than £1m and we bring in another defender who will improve the first team straight away I'll be happy with having him (even on loan if someone like Sakho or Zouma)

BaggieBlood
03-07-2017, 09:04 PM
I said we should have got him on a free last summer when that p rick mark hughes, in a fit of pique, threw his leeks out of his pram when wilson said they don't do defensive training.

Now I feel the same, takeover his contract, but no fee should be involved.

Bournemouth, can spend 20m on ake, and haven't played wilson since he was signed, so they will gladly be rid imo.

We were linked to mw when he left pompey and I was gutted when he chose sjoke, as I really rated him.

On another note I was hoping the prices would level out after last season , but they are still ridiculous imo.

jrod was worth no more than 7m imo, given his horrendous recent injury record.

I just hope it works out ok.

But, a big chunk of 40m budget has gone now.

so no willy carvalho.

As if anyone really believed that bull.

holmleighchris
04-07-2017, 05:44 AM
Signing players just to boost the squad can't be the correct business if we are looking to survive. I'd rather play the youngster Wilson than sign a player who has proved he isn't up to the job anymore.

WBA123
04-07-2017, 09:49 AM
I don't see it as a bad signing, we've got low numbers and a versatile squad player who can fit in if needed who probably won't make the 1st XI

He didn't set the world on fire when he came but no one did in the last ten games or so.

Johnny on the spot 1
04-07-2017, 02:49 PM
TP has always said he will only buy player that will inprove the squad i dont think HRK , MARC WILSON , come in to that bracket ,

goodlordmurphy
04-07-2017, 04:02 PM
TP has always said he will only buy player that will inprove the squad i dont think HRK , MARC WILSON , come in to that bracket ,

Johnny, if Pulis says it's raining...you should go outside and check...

saltnshake
04-07-2017, 04:49 PM
You can't have 20 first team players in any squad as all you will get is 8 unhappy players who think they should be in the starting 11 and as Sunderland proved last season that will end in relegation , you have to have players that will be happy to be part of the squad and Wilson falls into that category .

Johnny on the spot 1
04-07-2017, 05:11 PM
Johnny, if Pulis says it's raining...you should go outside and check...

I was only stating a fact Murph that we've all heard him say , never the less mate still made me smile ☺

holmleighchris
05-07-2017, 05:48 AM
You can't have 20 first team players in any squad as all you will get is 8 unhappy players who think they should be in the starting 11 and as Sunderland proved last season that will end in relegation , you have to have players that will be happy to be part of the squad and Wilson falls into that category .

Problem is that of our 14 pros you wouldn't want more than 7 of them starting. With 3 of the players being strikers and Pulis using only one, and sometimes it seems he does that reluctantly, there are gaps in most positions.
Nyom, Morrison, Brunt, McClean, Myhill need to be fill ins rather than starters. McAuley... has he another full season in him? Will Phillips & Rodriguez both stay injury free? Will Chadli be given the chance to express himself of will we see second half of the season Chadii, a player who doesn't deserve a starting role?

goodlordmurphy
05-07-2017, 07:12 AM
Problem is that of our 14 pros you wouldn't want more than 7 of them starting. With 3 of the players being strikers and Pulis using only one, and sometimes it seems he does that reluctantly, there are gaps in most positions.
Nyom, Morrison, Brunt, McClean, Myhill need to be fill ins rather than starters. McAuley... has he another full season in him? Will Phillips & Rodriguez both stay injury free? Will Chadli be given the chance to express himself of will we see second half of the season Chadii, a player who doesn't deserve a starting role?

hlc, I would ask you to check out Brunt's record from his return in the Leicester away game of how many points he has been directly responsible for with either scoring or assists. Also consider the drop in set piece success when the other muppets are taking free kicks and corners. I know I will get slated for saying this but the results are there for all to see.

goodlordmurphy
05-07-2017, 07:14 AM
I was only stating a fact Murph that we've all heard him say , never the less mate still made me smile ☺

That's all it was intended to do Johnny...make someone smile through the window of gloom...:)

holmleighchris
05-07-2017, 04:22 PM
Very sincere bloke our Tone seems to be...
...on the surface...

mickd1961
05-07-2017, 06:16 PM
Very sincere bloke our Tone seems to be...
...on the surface...

Correct Chris but people in Crystal Palace's shouldn't throw stones!!

Leicesterbaggie
05-07-2017, 07:31 PM
It has all the hallmarks of another debacle of a transfer window. Just what is the matter with this club? It happens year after year after year. Clubs with much less money and 'pulling power' get on with it and we just 'faff about' getting nowhere fast. Can you believe we STILL haven't signed a natural left back? To be perfectly honest, I'm getting fed up with it. Get a grip Albion!

Johnny on the spot 1
05-07-2017, 07:53 PM
It has all the hallmarks of another debacle of a transfer window. Just what is the matter with this club? It happens year after year after year. Clubs with much less money and 'pulling power' get on with it and we just 'faff about' getting nowhere fast. Can you believe we STILL haven't signed a natural left back? To be perfectly honest, I'm getting fed up with it. Get a grip Albion!

Bang on Leicester my point exactly well every ones point im thinking ,

goodlordmurphy
05-07-2017, 08:35 PM

I can envisage TP getting all these substandard players and when he can't get them to perform, blaming the transfer system and leaving (that would protect his record).

We could then get a manager (probably a really good one) that simply can't make a silk purse out of a pigs ear and we end up on the end of the string again Yo Yoing up and down.

Albionic68
05-07-2017, 09:20 PM
I've got absolutely no problem with us signing Marc Wilson, if indeed we do.

Good solid pro' capable of covering a number of positions.

Wouldn't be too pleased if he were the only other incoming after Rodriguez though.

We do need more numbers and versatile cover is a good thing.

But as everyone and his/her dog is aware, we also need more regular first team starters.

Time for the Stalking Department to swoop into action.

Carpe diem.

COYB B) .

holmleighchris
06-07-2017, 05:55 AM
hlc, I would ask you to check out Brunt's record from his return in the Leicester away game of how many points he has been directly responsible for with either scoring or assists. Also consider the drop in set piece success when the other muppets are taking free kicks and corners. I know I will get slated for saying this but the results are there for all to see.

I thought he had a pretty decent season but we was a team member during the awful run in so didn't set the team alight at that point.
There were goals scored from the set pieces taken by others, Brunt headed one in himself. Percentage wise his free kicks/corners lead to less goals than the rest. Free kicks in dangerous areas that is.