PDA

View Full Version : What now for Mee, Tarkowski and Kev Long?

The Bedlington Terrier
03-07-2017, 07:12 PM
Keane is gone.

Given that Ben Mee is probably one of the first names on our first X1 team sheet and Kevin Long and James Tarkowski have waited patiently in the wings and on the bench every Saturday for season after season, how will the apple cart remain steadfast if we sign another centre back to ostensibly replace Keane?

Long has finally experienced first team football with us and he is now in the full Eire team, what will Kev's reaction be to Tom Lees arriving (for example)?

Similar question needs to be asked for Tarkowski?

Do we need four centre backs or is three enough? Can Tom Anderson or Alex Whitmore step up to the plate?

Glad this one is for SD to solve and not me!

thedonz
03-07-2017, 07:49 PM
I would rather see the club attempt to sign a proven Premier League replacement , even if it meant spending all the money from the Keane sale.

A new signing for Keane is ***** .Long playing next to Tarkowski will most likely lead to relegation next season if Mee gets injured. There is no one else at the club anywhere close to playing in the first team in that position.

Michael or Craig Dawson for me.

Acido
03-07-2017, 09:53 PM
I am interested in what happens to Kevin Long as he had a good loan spell with us, and we've just sold our captain Marc Roberts to Birmingham for roughly £3.5 mill. Were Burnsley really in on that deal for Roberts, it was suggested that they had made a better late offer but obviously nothing came of it.
And whats George Boyd playing at, turning you lot down and going down a league to the Fowls ? :O

army88
04-07-2017, 06:17 AM
I would rather see the club attempt to sign a proven Premier League replacement , even if it meant spending all the money from the Keane sale.

A new signing for Keane is ***** .Long playing next to Tarkowski will most likely lead to relegation next season if Mee gets injured. There is no one else at the club anywhere close to playing in the first team in that position.

Michael or Craig Dawson for me.

Dawson for me makes sense if he's interested, pulis I've no doubt will be a cock about it but my view is make a proper offer and don't insult them with a derisory initial amount.
That way we don't fuel pulis gun and waste the next 4 weeks on a hook waiting for answers.
Definitely get Dawson if available IMO.

oldcolner
04-07-2017, 02:05 PM
Mee becomes leader and the other two get a chance to step up and impress.

I wonder is Ward becoming surplus to requirements if we get Taylor?

The Bedlington Terrier
04-07-2017, 02:48 PM
Wardy will be moving if the Robertson deal comes off and that is now a real possibility.

thedonz
04-07-2017, 04:35 PM
That surprises me BT after the signing of Taylor. Hope so and I might even start to get excited about seeing some football this season.

We've already lost Keane , Boyd and Barton with hopefully Gray following soon, can we afford to lose Ward? Not forgetting that Defour is still more likely to go than stay, that is an awful lot of changes to the team that stayed up. Maybe too many .

oldcolner
04-07-2017, 05:57 PM
No one wants Defour apart from Olympiakos who don't want to pay much of his salary so he is turning up for preseason albeit probably reluctantly. Maybe he will see the light!!

The Bedlington Terrier
04-07-2017, 06:43 PM
No matter who we sell, adequate replacements will be brought in and I think we will be all the fresher and better for it!

thedonz
04-07-2017, 08:36 PM
This transfer window has the potential for being the most eventful one in our history. We could see outgoings and incomings every week .

oldcolner
04-07-2017, 09:05 PM
This transfer window has the potential for being the most eventful one in our history. We could see outgoings and incomings every week .

Help!! Will we have anyone left?

Norder
04-07-2017, 11:39 PM
We could see outgoings and incomings every week .

for me....dont want ta feel like a cow skiing - as long as Tom's not one of the goers...as for incoming - can't wait to see how many "quality" goalscorers we bring in.

;D

The Bedlington Terrier
05-07-2017, 02:35 AM
Opening day team at Chelsea:
Heaton
Lowton, Mee, Tarkowski, Ward
Gudmundsson, Hendrick, Defour, Brady
Vokes, Barnes.

1-1 and a well earned point.

oldcolner
05-07-2017, 06:44 AM
Will Hendricks get off then? I fear he's going down for a while.

The Bedlington Terrier
05-07-2017, 07:22 AM
It looks to me like Hendrick will in all probability be found guilty of being an accomplice and involvement but not the main perpetrator. A heavy fine and perhaps a suspended custodial sentence if he is found guilty.
I cannot see an Eire international being sent to prison, I really can't.

thedonz
05-07-2017, 07:26 AM
There is no doubt he pulled the victim out of the cab and threatened him with death. That shouldn't lead to a prison sentence.

I have read no evidence that he was witnessed doing the physical harm that lead to the injuries and if right that might save him from a term inside.

Shameful , whatever way you look at it.

The Bedlington Terrier
05-07-2017, 08:07 AM
A threat to kill gets you a five year sentence in the UK donzy!

Primitive
05-07-2017, 10:10 AM
There is no doubt he pulled the victim out of the cab and threatened him with death. That shouldn't lead to a prison sentence.

There is possible doubt because we only have the word of the victim at the moment.

sinkov
05-07-2017, 11:06 AM
I really can't see a problem at centre-half and doubt Sean is losing any sleep over it either. Tarkowski replaces Keane, we sign a back up to join Kev on the bench, and no fuss, no bother, one change and we proceed as last season.

The Bedlington Terrier
05-07-2017, 12:28 PM
I really can't see a problem at centre-half and doubt Sean is losing any sleep over it either. Tarkowski replaces Keane, we sign a back up to join Kev on the bench, and no fuss, no bother, one change and we proceed as last season.

Pretty much how I see it sinkov, except Long will be bursting to play!

thedonz
05-07-2017, 01:18 PM
You are right as always Primitive. The victim could be making it all up and a not guilty verdict given.

The judge will have a difficult decision to make. Whether to believe a man fleeing from danger or a group of thugs intent on physical harm. Unless you are aware of any other witnesses who saw it and are willing to testify in court.

I am happy to wait and see

sinkov
05-07-2017, 01:30 PM
Pretty much how I see it sinkov, except Long will be bursting to play!

I've no doubt he will be BT, along with half-a-dozen others. He'll just have to live with it, or ask for a transfer.

Primitive
05-07-2017, 01:46 PM
You are right as always Primitive. The victim could be making it all up and a not guilty verdict given.

The judge will have a difficult decision to make. Whether to believe a man fleeing from danger or a group of thugs intent on physical harm. Unless you are aware of any other witnesses who saw it and are willing to testify in court.

I am happy to wait and see

I sense a hint of sarcasm in your post.

You didn't seem happy to wait and see yesterday when you said there was no doubt he pulled the bloke out of the cab and threatened to kill him. The claim that he threatened him has been cast into doubt today with the news that it was never mentioned in any of his previous five statements to the police.

Maybe he's guilty, maybe not, but I hope the jury aren't as quick to jump to conclusions as you appear to have been.

The Bedlington Terrier
05-07-2017, 01:54 PM
A four day Crown Court trial does not normally give much to fret about. A high profile footballer in the dock is generating the interest.

Just hope the jurors are all Irish footie fans! :D

thedonz
05-07-2017, 02:08 PM
The jury may find Hendrick not guilty and as I posted I am happy to wait and see.

Maybe the taxi driver will testify that Hendrick was trying to help the man get away from his mates and was helping him out of the cab for a quick getaway.

Hendrick needs to choose his mates more carefully in future.

If the threat to kill is now in doubt that may be one less thing for Hendrick to worry about.

Supersub6
05-07-2017, 02:19 PM
The guy says he can't remember anything about events leading up to the alleged incident, however, he remembers everything about what happened afterwards.
This smacks of the days when I used to go out with two Burnley players for a drink after a match and we used to get waylaid by some 'fans' or otherwise who just wanted to cause aggro. It always put the lads in a strange situation and spoiled the night out.

No excuse for violence on anyones part as far as Hendrick and his mates are concerned, however, there are two sides to every story.