PDA

View Full Version : Kari Arnason

Pacman1903
04-07-2017, 10:38 AM
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/1234444/aberdeen-derek-mcinnes-kari-arnason-pittodrie/amp/

Surprise return maybe?

Fars the flag at? May need dusted down

Aldo1983
04-07-2017, 11:18 AM
Hopefully re-sign Robert(o) Bisconti as well.

donsdaft
04-07-2017, 12:35 PM
I'd be 100% in favour of this.

Great player.

Don_Corleone
04-07-2017, 01:04 PM
Probably not a bad bit of business if we could get him for nothing. Great experience, solid, consistent performer, and can play at the back or in midfield, and already knows the club and the city. Would be a short term fix for a season, but probably a fairly low risk signing in a position we require cover.

DollyLongstaffe
04-07-2017, 02:27 PM
Probably not a bad bit of business if we could get him for nothing. Great experience, solid, consistent performer, and can play at the back or in midfield, and already knows the club and the city. Would be a short term fix for a season, but probably a fairly low risk signing in a position we require cover.

I'd need some convincing. No doubting that at his best he was a class or two above the SPL norm. He started off well for us but was going through the motions in the second half of the season once it became obvious he was past his injury issues and we were not going to be able to match his wage requirements for staying here beyond the end of the season. I don't like players who think they can pick and choose when to give 100%. Besides I thought he looked somewhat past his peak even in 2012. How much is left in the tank at 34? Looks like a bit of a stereotypical one-last-wage merchant to me.

kigoretrout
04-07-2017, 02:33 PM
I'd need some convincing. No doubting that at his best he was a class or two above the SPL norm. He started off well for us but was going through the motions in the second half of the season once it became obvious he was past his injury issues and we were not going to be able to match his wage requirements for staying here beyond the end of the season. I don't like players who think they can pick and choose when to give 100%. Besides I thought he looked somewhat past his peak even in 2012. How much is left in the tank at 34? Looks like a bit of a stereotypical one-last-wage merchant to me.

he looked ok in the Euros. However, I honestly think this has all been made up.

Pacman1903
04-07-2017, 02:38 PM
I don't like players who think they can pick and choose when to give 100%.

Aye one has left us this summer.

Aldo1983
09-06-2018, 03:17 PM
Having a pop at Mcinnes and Scottish football...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44418791

Mason89
09-06-2018, 03:41 PM
Having a pop at Mcinnes ]

Good on him

rico94
09-06-2018, 03:42 PM
Having a pop at Mcinnes and Scottish football...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44418791

He isn’t really having a pop at McInnes he is talking about the style of British football.

I read that interview the other week,the bbc have missed out the part he goes on about how Aberdeen will always be special to him as his son was born here and how he will miss the people and the city.

It’s a shame it didn’t work out for him,personally I still think he was a better option than O’Connor if he got a decent run in the team alongside McKenna but best of luck to him at the World Cup.

Donanddusted
09-06-2018, 04:40 PM
He isn’t really having a pop at McInnes he is talking about the style of British football.

I don't know...
"The teams I've played for, it's been too hectic. It's just launching the ball forward as far as you can and trying to head the ball as far as you can.
"I enjoyed my time with Aberdeen, but I didn't really enjoy the style of football."

Perhaps not blatantly singling out McInnes, it does sound like we're included and there is only one person telling the team to play in the style they do.

rico94
09-06-2018, 06:25 PM
I don't know...
"The teams I've played for, it's been too hectic. It's just launching the ball forward as far as you can and trying to head the ball as far as you can.
"I enjoyed my time with Aberdeen, but I didn't really enjoy the style of football."

Perhaps not blatantly singling out McInnes, it does sound like we're included and there is only one person telling the team to play in the style they do.

Again that’s only half of what he said,

“We'll see what happens in the World Cup. I'm open to anything, apart from British football. I don't think I've got another season in me there."

“It's just the way football is played; they need to get with the times," he said. "They need to pass more and try to keep the ball.”

To be honest I wouldn’t hold it against him if he had a go at McInnes because he was made the scapegoat for the semi final when others were just as culpable,yes he made mistakes and got dropped when he did yet others also made mistakes yet for some reason didn’t get dropped.

Anyway it doesn’t matter now he’s gone,like I said before good luck to him in the World Cup.

ObanRed
09-06-2018, 06:45 PM
Perhaps he would be a good shout to take over from McInnes, in the not to distant future.

Jackjarvis
09-06-2018, 07:21 PM

I read that interview the other week,the bbc have missed out the part he goes on about how Aberdeen will always be special to him as his son was born here and how he will miss the people and the city.

It’s a shame it didn’t work out for him,personally I still think he was a better option than O’Connor if he got a decent run in the team alongside McKenna but best of luck to him at the World Cup.
That is far too objective for some on here, transparently they cherry pick from a long/honest interview to suit their own agenda......of which, should be our club doing well, sadly they predict losses/failures and in most cases thankfully they are wrong.....

SF

Mason89
09-06-2018, 07:27 PM
That is far too objective for some on here, transparently they cherry pick from a long/honest interview to suit their own agenda......of which, should be our club doing well, sadly they predict losses/failures and in most cases thankfully they are wrong.....

SF

Anyone translate this? Cheers

Donanddusted
09-06-2018, 07:38 PM
Again that’s only half of what he said,

Anyway it doesn’t matter now he’s gone,like I said before good luck to him in the World Cup.

You are correct. However, the quotes I reproduced relate directly to his views on his recent time at Aberdeen in particular.

Hey, it's open to interpretation and maybe I read too much into it.

But you know what? Those "happy clappers" are just as happy to shoot down anyone else's thoughts as quick as they surmise that others do to them.

Ach....what do I know.........I'll just mind my own business......no point having a viewpoint is there, other people have the high ground....I'll surrender to them gallantly and retreat to the bar.

WTF

Jackjarvis
09-06-2018, 07:38 PM
Anyone translate this? Cheers

For the resident troll, that is an improvement in restraint regarding response, as you take note as per, you will know I’m away down to the harbour/riviera for a well earned pint/have banter and discuss where the Hive went wrong last night.....bookies can wait till they open tomorrow and golf will be fine tomorrow.......hopefully!

Take care

SF

Aldo1983
09-06-2018, 07:45 PM
You are correct. However, the quotes I reproduced relate directly to his views on his recent time at Aberdeen in particular.

But you know what? Those "happy clappers" are just as happy to shoot down anyone else's thoughts as quick as they surmise that others do to them.

Ach....what do I know.........I'll just mind my own business......no point having a viewpoint is there, other people have the high ground....I'll surrender to them gallantly and retreat to the bar.

WTF

I think it's a dig because (from what I've heard) the two of them didn't actually like each other.

rico94
09-06-2018, 08:00 PM

WTF

What in the hell are you talking about?

You think he is having a go at McInnes in the interview and I don’t think he is,it’s a forum and it’s all about opinion,technically no one is wrong it would be more boring on here if we all agreed on everything.

For the record I agree with aldo I don’t think Arnason and McInnes liked each other but imo I don’t think he was having a go at him in the interview he was just talking about British football in general.

But I might be wrong, I have been many times before.

Donanddusted
09-06-2018, 08:04 PM
What in the hell are you talking about?

You think he is having a go at McInnes in the interview and I don’t think he is,it’s a forum and it’s all about opinion,technically no one is wrong it would be more boring on here if we all agreed on everything.

For the record I agree with aldo I don’t think Arnason and McInnes liked each other but imo I don’t think he was having a go at him in the interview he was just talking about British football in general.

But I might be wrong, I have been many times before.

Sorry, rico94, I quoted you but my ramble wasn't actually directed at you.
Absolutely. We are all entitled to our opinions.:)

RED_JOHN
09-06-2018, 08:08 PM
I think it's a dig because (from what I've heard) the two of them didn't actually like each other.

I did think that Arnason would be a good signing but unfortunately due to probably a few reasons he never had a positive impact on the team.
He definitely had a dig at the football we have witnessed and played ourselves. Plus let’s be honest it hasn’t been the best.
The impact he had on our team last season will not be missed so he will be of no real loss.

Mason89
09-06-2018, 08:12 PM
Definitely a personality clash between him & McInnes.

Arnason has one

rico94
09-06-2018, 08:30 PM
Sorry, rico94, I quoted you but my ramble wasn't actually directed at you.
Absolutely. We are all entitled to our opinions.:)

No worries min.

As for the Arnason interview he isn’t far off being wrong in regards to British football,pretty much every team sets up in the same way,4-5-1 so they are hard to beat with very little idea how to change it if they are struggling.Like someone said on here before they all get their coaching badge from the same place.

It’s the main reason why England are the only British team at the World Cup and why they will be knocked out sooner rather than later.

RedStarTorphins
09-06-2018, 08:48 PM
Definitely a personality clash between him & McInnes.

Arnason has one

Arnason wasn’t very good in a lot of his games though.
The semi at Hamdung.
It was Jerel Ifilesque in its ineptitude.

He does have a point though, he clearly doesn’t “have the legs” for British football.

Mason89
09-06-2018, 08:51 PM
They were all stinking at the semi.

RedStarTorphins
09-06-2018, 08:53 PM
They were all stinking at the semi.

They were.
He was the worst.
And he had a few dodgy games.

RED_JOHN
09-06-2018, 08:55 PM
No worries min.

As for the Arnason interview he isn’t far off being wrong in regards to British football,pretty much every team sets up in the same way,4-5-1 so they are hard to beat with very little idea how to change it if they are struggling.Like someone said on here before they all get their coaching badge from the same place.

It’s the main reason why England are the only British team at the World Cup and why they will be knocked out sooner rather than later.

Very true Rico. Teams would rather play to not concede goals rather than go out and attack. It is making watching these type of matches difficult to get interested.
Hope England get papped out as quick as! :)

rico94
09-06-2018, 09:01 PM
Arnason wasn’t very good in a lot of his games though.
The semi at Hamdung.
It was Jerel Ifilesque in its ineptitude.

He does have a point though, he clearly doesn’t “have the legs” for British football.

O’Connor wasn’t very good in a lot of his games either but got picked the following week no matter how he played,Arnason had the odd good game for us but was on the bench the following week which is never going to bring the best out of any player.

He was terrible in the semi final but so was Ball who kicked off the blundering with his ball watching for the first goal yet McInnes played him for the rest of the season,what was even more amazing was some people on here thought we should sign Ball because he ran around like a headless chicken for the post split games.

Back to the point this is one of the things I don’t like about McInnes,he has his favourites who play week in week out no matter how bad they play yet others have a bad game and they are dropped and eventually let go,he shouldn’t be picking players on the basis of how much he likes them on a personal level.

RedStarTorphins
09-06-2018, 09:07 PM
O’Connor wasn’t very good in a lot of his games either but got picked the following week no matter how he played,Arnason had the odd good game for us but was on the bench the following week which is never going to bring the best out of any player.

He was terrible in the semi final but so was Ball who kicked off the blundering with his ball watching for the first goal yet McInnes played him for the rest of the season,what was even more amazing was some people on here thought we should sign Ball because he ran around like a headless chicken for the post split games.

Back to the point this is one of the things I don’t like about McInnes,he has his favourites who play week in week out no matter how bad they play yet others have a bad game and they are dropped and eventually let go,he shouldn’t be picking players on the basis of how much he likes them on a personal level.

I’d agree with most of that.

But my point stands.

Arnason wasn’t up to it this time round.

As he admits, he’s past it in terms of the British style of football.

rico94
09-06-2018, 09:18 PM
I’d agree with most of that.

But my point stands.

Arnason wasn’t up to it this time round.

As he admits, he’s past it in terms of the British style of football.

Which is why he isn’t here.

He is/was a better option than O’Connor which is why he is an international player who is a away to the World Cup and O’Connor is a free agent who is so delusional he thinks he will get to sign for a championship team.

In summary they both weren’t good enough for us,the only difference really was McInnes liked one of them and didn’t like the other one.

RedStarTorphins
09-06-2018, 09:27 PM
Which is why he isn’t here.

He is/was a better option than O’Connor which is why he is an international player who is a away to the World Cup and O’Connor is a free agent who is so delusional he thinks he will get to sign for a championship team.

In summary they both weren’t good enough for us,the only difference really was McInnes liked one of them and didn’t like the other one.

Here’s hoping Mikey Devlin is the answer.

He does exist, right?

Mason89
09-06-2018, 09:31 PM
He’s filled the hole left by Callum Morris

rico94
09-06-2018, 09:33 PM
Here’s hoping Mikey Devlin is the answer.

He does exist, right?

I hope he is,I get the feeling even if he is pish McInnes will play him every week if he is fit.

RedStarTorphins
09-06-2018, 09:34 PM
I hope he is,I get the feeling even if he is pish McInnes will play him every week if he is fit.

He’s the only right sided central defender we have just now, so little option.

RedStarTorphins
09-06-2018, 09:35 PM
He’s filled the hole left by Callum Morris

It wasn’t a very big hole to be fair.

rico94
09-06-2018, 10:05 PM
He’s the only right sided central defender we have just now, so little option.

I would be very surprised if we don’t sign another right sided defender,Ross County’s Naismith fits the bill,a right back who can play at centre back.That way its competition for Logan and Devlin.

RedStarTorphins
09-06-2018, 10:07 PM
I would be very surprised if we don’t sign another right sided defender,Ross County’s Naismith fits the bill,a right back who can play at centre back.That way its competition for Logan and Devlin.

I agree but he might cost too much.

Winston78Snelders
09-06-2018, 11:24 PM
How much £££ would we have got if he was still signed for us for the world cup? Bit of a slip up us not cashing in on him being in Russia.

Would like to think if he got a run he might have been more useful (like the clean sheets run we got when he played alongside McKenna), sadly his legs are old so in and out of the starting XI is no use, even DM should know that so agree with the clash of personalities. (Mason89 great comment lol)

Finally I think he has been useful in aiding the development of McKenna, again only one person will know if that was the case. Anyway better than most, gets a C-

nice1simmy
09-06-2018, 11:55 PM
How much £££ would we have got if he was still signed for us for the world cup? Bit of a slip up us not cashing in on him being in Russia.

Would like to think if he got a run he might have been more useful (like the clean sheets run we got when he played alongside McKenna), sadly his legs are old so in and out of the starting XI is no use, even DM should know that so agree with the clash of personalities. (Mason89 great comment lol)

Finally I think he has been useful in aiding the development of McKenna, again only one person will know if that was the case. Anyway better than most, gets a C-

We still get money for him playing in the world cup,sure i read somewhere that whoever a player played for in the last two years and goes to the world cup get money depending on appearances so we will get cash for him appearing in world cup

its_a_goal
10-06-2018, 12:09 PM
I thought Arnason was going to be a very good signing for us. Unfortunately this was not to be. His performances were poor throughout the season, but the performance in the SC semi final was woeful. I'm glad he didn't play much (if at all after this). It's all very well for him to spout on about playing it on the deck from the back, but his first job is to defend and he did that poorly this year.

I think this season AOC, who certainly has his limitations, was more effective for us than Arnason was or Arnason could have been. AOC was an ok defender for us. Just don't give home the ball at his feet and time and space.

McInnes is not without his faults but surely Arnason and Ball (who did Ok, playing in midfield after the SC semi) must shoulder the blame for the SC semi loss. It's also a pity the Joe Lewis chose the LC quarter final to have his honking game of the season. Again, not McInnes fault either than Joe had a 'mare.

Mason89
10-06-2018, 12:14 PM
The manager picks the team, sets the tactics & motivates the players. No way does McInnes get excused from those Motherwell games, just because of some individual howlers.

its_a_goal
10-06-2018, 01:13 PM
The manager picks the team, sets the tactics & motivates the players. No way does McInnes get excused from those Motherwell games, just because of some individual howlers.

So for the LC quarter final, are you blaming McInnes for picking Joe, who up until that point was having a good season, and after that game had a good season, but unfortunately chose that game to have an absolute howler?

And for the SC semi final, are you blaming McInnes for playing Arnason at centre half (I can't think of a better option, given the choices available) and Ball at right back, again given the choices available.

If you were the manager who would you have picked?

Basingstokered
10-06-2018, 01:18 PM
So for the LC quarter final, are you blaming McInnes for picking Joe, who up until that point was having a good season, and after that game had a good season, but unfortunately chose that game to have an absolute howler?

And for the SC semi final, are you blaming McInnes for playing Arnason at centre half (I can't think of a better option, given the choices available) and Ball at right back, again given the choices available.

If you were the manager who would you have picked?

Maybe a better manager would have a more balanced side possible having someone that can deputise at right back rather than simply having a first choice and nothing else. Ball has never been a right back

its_a_goal
10-06-2018, 01:30 PM
Maybe a better manager would have a more balanced side possible having someone that can deputise at right back rather than simply having a first choice and nothing else. Ball has never been a right back

Maybe so, but not easy considering the resources that we have to have options available in all areas and to account for every circumstance. McInnes surely isn't the first manager to be forced to play someone not in their preferred, natural position. Having said that Ball was honking at right back.

Basingstokered
10-06-2018, 01:32 PM
Maybe so, but not easy considering the resources that we have to have options available in all areas and to account for every circumstance. McInnes surely isn't the first manager to be forced to play someone not in their preferred, natural position. Having said that Ball was honking at right back.

Perhaps the idiot could have got a right back on loan instead of the centre midfielder from Man City for all that he played

rico94
10-06-2018, 01:35 PM
I thought Arnason was going to be a very good signing for us. Unfortunately this was not to be. His performances were poor throughout the season, but the performance in the SC semi final was woeful. I'm glad he didn't play much (if at all after this). It's all very well for him to spout on about playing it on the deck from the back, but his first job is to defend and he did that poorly this year.

I think this season AOC, who certainly has his limitations, was more effective for us than Arnason was or Arnason could have been. AOC was an ok defender for us. Just don't give home the ball at his feet and time and space.

McInnes is not without his faults but surely Arnason and Ball (who did Ok, playing in midfield after the SC semi) must shoulder the blame for the SC semi loss. It's also a pity the Joe Lewis chose the LC quarter final to have his honking game of the season. Again, not McInnes fault either than Joe had a 'mare.

In the 49 games Anthony O’Connor played for us this season he played well against Celtic away and Kilmarnock away in the Scottish Cup,that’s 2 out of 49 games.

O’Connor had as much abysmal games this season as Arnason did,he just never got dropped when he did.

its_a_goal
10-06-2018, 01:52 PM
Perhaps the idiot could have got a right back on loan instead of the centre midfielder from Man City for all that he played

Ah, so now McInnes is an idiot for not getting a right back on loan, because really he should have known that his right back would have been suspended for this game.

Basingstokered
10-06-2018, 01:56 PM
Ah, so now McInnes is an idiot for not getting a right back on loan, because really he should have known that his right back would have been suspended for this game.

Yes who would suspect that a defender may get suspended would it be acceptable for him to have one striker in his squad

its_a_goal
10-06-2018, 01:57 PM
In the 49 games Anthony O’Connor played for us this season he played well against Celtic away and Kilmarnock away in the Scottish Cup,that’s 2 out of 49 games.

O’Connor had as much abysmal games this season as Arnason did,he just never got dropped when he did.

Aberdeen had the second best defensive record in the league behind Celtic. Not bad going considering one of their Centre halves only played well twice during the season.

Basingstokered
10-06-2018, 02:01 PM
Aberdeen had the second best defensive record in the league behind Celtic. Not bad going considering one of their Centre halves only played well twice during the season.

Obviously O’Connor was the reason for the record given the amount of teams chasing his signature

its_a_goal
10-06-2018, 02:05 PM
Obviously O’Connor was the reason for the record given the amount of teams chasing his signature

I never said he was the reason. I was stating the fact that we did have the second best defensive record in the league in response to the earlier comment that AOC only played well twice. Whilst he is a very limited footballer, he has been a very effective defender.

Basingstokered
10-06-2018, 02:13 PM
I never said he was the reason. I was stating the fact that we did have the second best defensive record in the league in response to the earlier comment that AOC only played well twice. Whilst he is a very limited footballer, he has been a very effective defender.

If he was such an effective defender why isn’t there a que of clubs for his signature he’s is garbage pure and simple if he had come through the youth team here there would be uproar about him having played so often for us.

RED_JOHN
10-06-2018, 02:14 PM
Whilst he is a very limited footballer, he has been a very effective defender.

He was sh!t. Will not be missed at all. Another player that was brought in to help with the tooling up and unfortunately for us he hid in bigger matches. (Played 1 decent end of the season match against Celtic)

redstarfk
10-06-2018, 03:12 PM

Actually , I thought he played well in the three home games after the split as well as away to Celtic. I didn’t see the other post-split game away to Killie , but I think Peter Houston who was the co-commentator for that game on Sportsound was full of praise for his performance that day.

its_a_goal
10-06-2018, 03:16 PM
Oh dear. This is a reply to both of the above.

Whether you see it or not, he is a very effective defender. He is also a very, very poor footballer with the ball at his feet. He was an integral part of our defence last season and only the Tims had a better defensive record than us.

Mason89
10-06-2018, 03:23 PM
Oh dear. This is a reply to both of the above.

Whether you see it or not, he is a very effective defender. He is also a very, very poor footballer with the ball at his feet. He was an integral part of our defence last season and only the Tims had a better defensive record than us.

Just imagine how much better it could’ve been, without that f*kn donkey in it

neilthedon
10-06-2018, 03:45 PM
Just imagine how much better it could’ve been, without that f*kn donkey in it

It`s really quite amazing how e finished second again given how many poor players we have !!

A team in transition, losing our most effective attacker in Hayes. Christie playing for half a season ( as a show pony ) Rooney NOt getting a start or being played out wide. McGinn gone, then back but not firinig on all cylinders. Greg Stewart too slow and fat, May all over the place and unable to gel or score. Logan off form. O Conner ,...sheeeite ( ?! ) . Considine, .....you fill your own description in pls , Ball rubbish. McLean rubbish because he didn`t grow a moustache. And Lewis , hells teeth even he had a bad game. One . And maybe a couple more glitches. And then there was that GMS. hot and cold. Not up to standard really.

Have I missed anything out ? Oh Aye. McInnes. Jeeeezzz. Wrong teams, poor planning, all his signings were duff. No visio, a Hun traitor. It`s all his fault.

Yet we still finished second....again !! Ah, but look at what we didin`t do in the Cups. we should have won two or more by now. He`ll have to go. There are loads of other managers out there with good or better records. We should have got Jack Ross. Or Jim McIntyre.

Right,. So that was last season. it`s done. It`s over. And we came second again.....eventually. We beat Celtic in Glasgow with Considine scoring . So a great last day.

But it`s all over. So come guys. Can we just move on , and look forward to supporting this really crappy team again next Season. We`ve already signed three players , ( who of course will be rubbish ) and we can look forward to getting another one or two in soon . From EL 1. Who`ll be rubbish. and a couple of loanees . They`ll be rubbish too.

I can`t wait. Bring it on. COYR !!!!

Basingstokered
10-06-2018, 03:50 PM
It`s really quite amazing how e finished second again given how many poor players we have !!

A team in transition, losing our most effective attacker in Hayes. Christie playing for half a season ( as a show pony ) Rooney NOt getting a start or being played out wide. McGinn gone, then back but not firinig on all cylinders. Greg Stewart too slow and fat, May all over the place and unable to gel or score. Logan off form. O Conner ,...sheeeite ( ?! ) . Considine, .....you fill your own description in pls , Ball rubbish. McLean rubbish because he didn`t grow a moustache. And Lewis , hells teeth even he had a bad game. One . And maybe a couple more glitches. And then there was that GMS. hot and cold. Not up to standard really.

Have I missed anything out ? Oh Aye. McInnes. Jeeeezzz. Wrong teams, poor planning, all his signings were duff. No visio, a Hun traitor. It`s all his fault.

Yet we still finished second....again !! Ah, but look at what we didin`t do in the Cups. we should have won two or more by now. He`ll have to go. There are loads of other managers out there with good or better records. We should have got Jack Ross. Or Jim McIntyre.

Right,. So that was last season. it`s done. It`s over. And we came second again.....eventually. We beat Celtic in Glasgow with Considine scoring . So a great last day.

But it`s all over. So come guys. Can we just move on , and look forward to supporting this really crappy team again next Season. We`ve already signed three players , ( who of course will be rubbish ) and we can look forward to getting another one or two in soon . From EL 1. Who`ll be rubbish. and a couple of loanees . They`ll be rubbish too.

Whoever we sign from league 1 will have the rest of the Europa league teams quaking at the prospect of facing such technically brilliant footballers

rico94
10-06-2018, 03:51 PM

It wasn’t down to him though,he was lucky he had McKenna playing alongside him instead of Reynolds.

If we didn’t give McKenna his chance and AOC and Reynolds were the first choice centre backs we wouldn’t have finished 2nd or had the 2nd best defensive record.

its_a_goal
10-06-2018, 04:06 PM

I read this excellent post and before I had to say "Hear, Hear", Basingstoke jumps in with more negativity.

FFS, McInnes, why aren't you signing Ronaldo? And Bale? They both want to leave Madrid. Go get them.

Basingstokered
10-06-2018, 04:09 PM
I read this excellent post and before I had to say "Hear, Hear", Basingstoke jumps in with more negativity.

FFS, McInnes, why aren't you signing Ronaldo? And Bale? They both want to leave Madrid. Go get them.

Probably because they wouldn’t be interested in signing for us. However I’ve heard that there are leagues in the rest of the world not just England.

its_a_goal
10-06-2018, 04:09 PM
It wasn’t down to him though,he was lucky he had McKenna playing alongside him instead of Reynolds.

If we didn’t give McKenna his chance and AOC and Reynolds were the first choice centre backs we wouldn’t have finished 2nd or had the 2nd best defensive record.

If we didn't.......but we did give McKenna his chance. And we did finish second and we did have the 2nd best defensive record. Even with.....see Neil's postings about all our useless players and our useless manager.

neilthedon
10-06-2018, 04:11 PM
Whoever we sign from league 1 will have the rest of the Europa league teams quaking at the prospect of facing such technically brilliant footballers

Pretty much what that bloke Potter did with Osterund in Norway.

But it`s ok. I`ve driven through Basingstoke. I understand your pain.

you have a full season of crap to look forward to. Enjoy it !!

COYR

Basingstokered
10-06-2018, 04:14 PM
Pretty much what that bloke Potter did with Osterund in Norway.

But it`s ok. I`ve driven through Basingstoke. I understand your pain.

you have a full season of crap to look forward to. Enjoy it !!

COYR
Potter managed them in Sweden and had 3 English players in his team oh wow he’s critiqued Basingstoke I’m really going to get upset

rico94
10-06-2018, 04:37 PM
If we didn't.......but we did give McKenna his chance. And we did finish second and we did have the 2nd best defensive record. Even with.....see Neil's postings about all our useless players and our useless manager.

I never said we had useless players or the manager is useless.

I said O’Connor was useless because he was,I don’t agree with mason much but imagine how good the season could have been if we had a decent defender alongside McKenna.

RED_JOHN
10-06-2018, 05:21 PM
I never said we had useless players or the manager is useless.

I said O’Connor was useless because he was.

Ahem

rico94
10-06-2018, 06:36 PM
Ahem

Just my opinion Red John.

I’m not blowing smoke up McInnes erse but saying he is useless is a tad too far.

I would say bar one or two the majority of our squad have their uses,we have had teams full of useless players in the past but not now.

ragnarok
12-06-2018, 03:40 AM
Probably because they wouldn’t be interested in signing for us. However I’ve heard that there are leagues in the rest of the world not just England.

OK, but we need to someone to scout those leagues. This is the real world not Football Manager.

There are several advantages to signing players from England; similar style of football, cultural/language adjustment not an issue. The main drawback is that it's the most inflated market in the world. If we widen the net then North Western Europe is the best place to start. But if it was that easy to find a higher calibre of player in Scandinavia or the Netherlands then everyone would be signing players from those countries.

We used to sign a high calibre of player from the Netherlands when we were a bigger name and had a relatively much higher budget. Under Calderwood we signed Jeffrey De Visscher, Dyron Daal and Dave Bus. Scottish football was awash with mediocre foreign players in the late 90s. We signed guys like Kiriakov and Komboaure who looked great on paper but were ultimately p*sh.

We're operating under the same budgetary constraints whether we're shopping in England or elsewhere. We shouldn't kid ourselves that there's a huge untapped supply of higher quality players out there just waiting for us to call their club.

Nae Huns
16-06-2018, 11:14 PM
**** him like!!
First time I seen h get the Hall he punts it long ball into the box!
Yet he slagged The Scottish game and saidiit was all long balls!!
**** off Kari

afc1903mad
17-06-2018, 12:14 AM

Hear Hear
Fantastic post.

andoplzcumbak
17-06-2018, 12:18 AM
Hear Hear
Fantastic post.

Agreed! Great post Neilthedon!

Pacman1903
17-06-2018, 05:43 AM
I’m going to do the Pittodrie tour and check out the latest 2nd placed trophy. Get my photo with it
Neilthedon you are trying to be tongue and cheek. But a lot of what you said is true. Considine is sh@te and always has been, O’Conner was always sh@te, Logan wasn’t near as good as he has been and cost goals by poor positioning a lot, Christie did go AWOL, Lewis did have a couple of clangers and was nowhere near as commanding (he was back to himself after his injury) and McInnes did make a c@nt of many games too. ***** games at that
We also scored less goals than usual and our football was pretty f@cking dire most of the time, there were a few exceptions which made it all the more annoying. The potential was there but it was not utilized
If you are happy enough to settle for that than fair enough you can enjoy it with all the rest that think coming second every season is what we should aspire too. But last season we only came second by 9 because celtic were so poor (7 draws and a defeat at home). A poor celtic we will not see for a long time.If there was a bit a bravery and belief shown last season you never know what could have happened. But there wasn’t.
Last season wasn’t a success. Not close
I will move on but next . Next season needs to be an improvement and what a way to start it. Our cojones better be on show on day one
As for Kari, good luck at the world cup min.

Edit-why the **** is v.i.t.a.l on the sweary list

awafaehame
17-06-2018, 05:52 AM
**** him like!!
First time I seen h get the Hall he punts it long ball into the box!
Yet he slagged The Scottish game and saidiit was all long balls!!

Exactly what I thought when I watched the game last night.
All they did was punt long balls out of defence, so why was it supposedly different in Scotland?

Now I know we aren't Brazil 1970 (like Hibs and Killie were according to the MSM) but we certainly weren't any worse than Iceland were last night....

afc1903mad
17-06-2018, 06:34 AM
But last season we only came second by 9 because celtic were so poor (7 draws and a defeat at home). A poor celtic we will not see for a long time.If there was a bit a bravery and belief shown last season you never know what could have happened. But there wasn’t.

Celtic won at a canter.
Even if we had a record breaking season (we were only 3 points away from that), Celtic would likely have changed gear and shown more focus.
Not that we should not try, but your forgetting the ability for them to improve as well.
They coasted, which led to complacency, but if a challenge was there, they’d up their game, easily in my opinion.

Pacman1903
17-06-2018, 07:00 AM
Celtic won at a canter.
Even if we had a record breaking season (we were only 3 points away from that), Celtic would likely have changed gear and shown more focus.
Not that we should not try, but your forgetting the ability for them to improve as well.
They coasted, which led to complacency, but if a challenge was there, they’d up their game, easily in my opinion.

I disagree. They are all about records and they have said that themselves. Losing the unbeaten home record to us will grate them no end. They were poor last season. Absolutely no doubt about it. So do you think they were not trying when they were being booed off the park by the hordes draw after draw? Do you reckon the deliberately didn't up their game to appease their fans when the were restless v Kilmarnock or St Johnstone. Pretty sh@tey attitude and ripping off the fans if true. I don't believe that the way that club goes about its buisiness

Jackjarvis
17-06-2018, 07:39 AM
I disagree. They are all about records and they have said that themselves. Losing the unbeaten home record to us will grate them no end. They were poor last season. Absolutely no doubt about it. So do you think they were not trying when they were being booed off the park by the hordes draw after draw? Do you reckon the deliberately didn't up their game to appease their fans when the were restless v Kilmarnock or St Johnstone. Pretty sh@tey attitude and ripping off the fans if true. I don't believe that the way that club goes about its buisiness

Indeed they were terrible PAC, even with their ugly sister back now for the past two seasons they only won 2 consecutive trebles......I’m trying to think off the team that ran them closest, regardless, they have just spent £10M on a player and their ugly sister £5M on 2 defenders, I’m sure our esteemed chairman will back our current coach albeit in a lesser scale......won’t he?
If we finish second yet again imho we have done well, sadly that is a fact, we are still and will always be the last team to have won the title outwith the ugly sisters unless our current chairman behaves in a manner like Mr Donald.

SF

afc1903mad
17-06-2018, 07:51 AM

You can disagree if you want, that’s your right.
It was however pretty evident that Celtic had different gears depending on who they played.

Mason89
17-06-2018, 08:09 AM
You can disagree if you want, that’s your right.
It was however pretty evident that Celtic had different gears depending on who they played.

So when Celtic hammer us they’re trying but if some other team takes points off them they’re not? I take it you think the same for the Huns?

afc1903mad
17-06-2018, 08:22 AM
So when Celtic hammer us they’re trying but if some other team takes points off them they’re not? I take it you think the same for the Huns?
Do you not recognise the increased effort Celtic apply to certain games?
Beat the huns 4-0 and 5-0 but get beat from Hibs in between. A game that applied pressure on both us and the Huns.
What’s their excuse from dropping and raising their standards?

RED_JOHN
17-06-2018, 08:23 AM

Quite amusing that even the happy clappers see we would be a lot stronger with a better mentality which will give us a will to win things.
The acceptance of 2nd place etc at Aberdeen is rife and will only lead to a downwards spiral.
The Glasgow 2 have loads more money oh how can we compete will be the cries from the HC brigade. Give us peace and grow a set as Aberdeen can do a hell of a lot better than what a fair whack of you lot are accepting.
What is the point of just making up the numbers and entering a competition if you don’t give yourself the best chance of winning it?

Mason89
17-06-2018, 08:36 AM
What’s their excuse from dropping and raising their standards?

I think it’s unlikely they’ll go through a season winning every game but they won’t drop their standards depending on the opposition

NaeMairNeeps
17-06-2018, 09:11 AM
Newsflash! It is entirely possible to celebrate moderate success whilst accepting limitations, shortcomings, near misses, off days, if-onlys, etc, whilst also demanding/expecting/wishing for improvement, not only in entertaining play, but in 'cups-in-the-cab'.

The great anomaly on here is that, the so-called Happy Clappers rarely if ever state doubts that we can/should improve, yet the 'pants-ρishers demand improvement whilst wringin oot their pants-ρish ower any spark o' hope that this might actually occur.

Ah seem tae remember, nae so lang ago, that even the moderately positive amongst us would reduce their whole argument to one word .... "Believe"

Newsflash! It is entirely possible to believe without being deluded, and entirely possible to be comfortable in our belief that we felt no need to 'bully' unbelievers/otherwise-believers into 'believing' .... it was/is their loss ... but they were always welcome to join ... even if they brought their doubts along like a personal 'sookie-blanket'.

As I read things, the only thing we all accept re. second place is, that it's better than third, or less, .... better than our resources give us a right to, better than the huns.

... Not as good as Celtic, true ... but ... in terms o' budget, and in terms o' the League, ffs ... are we expectin oor Robin Reliant tae overtake a Mercedes, and stay ahead til oor tank rins oot and hope we've done enough?

... well, Ah 'believe' ... we're potentially on the right track. A cup next season is within oor capability ... and we've twa shottys ... 'believe!'

afc1903mad
17-06-2018, 09:14 AM
I think it’s unlikely they’ll go through a season winning every game but they won’t drop their standards depending on the opposition

Something we agree on.
I’ve said many a time before.
We have been their closest challengers in recent years and thus they don’t drop their standards against us, whilst lower teams get that occasional benefit.

Pacman1903
17-06-2018, 09:18 AM
I personally believe we can win things and I personally believe we could have given the pigs a better go last season

But I also believe the club/some fans/teams lack of belief has led to an acceptance and belief that second is what its all about

Anyway onwards and upwards with a huge game to start. Dinna f@ck it up

Good luck Kari min

Mason89
17-06-2018, 09:22 AM
Something we agree on.
I’ve said many a time before.
We have been their closest challengers in recent years and thus they don’t drop their standards against us, whilst lower teams get that occasional benefit.

You just agreed then totally disagreed.

NaeMairNeeps
17-06-2018, 09:25 AM
And that belief/lack of same is understandable ... and, dare I say, realistic. But it disna preclude the belief that we can, and maybe will dae better.

afc1903mad
17-06-2018, 09:27 AM
I didn’t.
They don’t drop their standards against the huns or us.

Pacman1903
17-06-2018, 09:32 AM
are we expectin oor Robin Reliant tae overtake a Mercedes, '

See Young Boys Bern.

4.5m Euro budget last season while Basel got 40m of the Champions league alone and all the monies included from the previous 6 seasons. BSCYB have never qualified for the Champions league before. Basel have more money than the whole league combined and have for a long time

Who are the newly crowned champions? Young Boys definitely believed

Hopp YB, they give us all hope

Cant we just have a proper go and not believe the league is won in August for a change

Aldo1983
17-06-2018, 09:32 AM

XD classic afc1903mad stuff there. Normally he leaves it a couple of posts but to do it in the same post is impressive.

Like the Fast Show character that agrees and disagrees with everyone down the pub.

Pacman1903
17-06-2018, 09:35 AM
XD classic afc1903mad stuff there. Normally he leaves it a couple of posts but to do it in the same post is impressive.

Like the Fast Show character that agrees and disagrees with everyone down the pub.

Indecisive Dave.

afc1903mad
17-06-2018, 09:36 AM

Lol, three steps ahead of you guys.
I fully understood Masons meaning, but his words allowed a differing interpretation ;)
Wonder when you guys will see it.

Aldo1983
17-06-2018, 09:39 AM
Lol, three steps ahead of you guys.
I fully understood Masons meaning, but his words allowed a differing interpretation ;)
Wonder when you guys will see it.

XD brilliant!

NaeMairNeeps
17-06-2018, 09:40 AM
See Young Boys Bern.

4.5m Euro budget last season while Basel got 40m of the Champions league alone and all the monies included from the previous 6 seasons. BSCYB have never qualified for the Champions league before. Basel have more money than the whole league combined and have for a long time

Who are the newly crowned champions? Young Boys definitely believed

Hopp YB, they give us all hope

Cant we just have a proper go and not believe the league is won in August for a change

Yep, partial, cherrypick of my argument, but ...

.... totally supporting my urge to 'believe' ... as in, not in everything, every time, but one time, maybe more than one time, in time, mayne even sooner than you 'believe' ;)

its_a_goal
17-06-2018, 09:41 AM
Newsflash! It is entirely possible to celebrate moderate success whilst accepting limitations, shortcomings, near misses, off days, if-onlys, etc, whilst also demanding/expecting/wishing for improvement, not only in entertaining play, but in 'cups-in-the-cab'.

The great anomaly on here is that, the so-called Happy Clappers rarely if ever state doubts that we can/should improve, yet the 'pants-ρishers demand improvement whilst wringin oot their pants-ρish ower any spark o' hope that this might actually occur.

Ah seem tae remember, nae so lang ago, that even the moderately positive amongst us would reduce their whole argument to one word .... "Believe"

Newsflash! It is entirely possible to believe without being deluded, and entirely possible to be comfortable in our belief that we felt no need to 'bully' unbelievers/otherwise-believers into 'believing' .... it was/is their loss ... but they were always welcome to join ... even if they brought their doubts along like a personal 'sookie-blanket'.

As I read things, the only thing we all accept re. second place is, that it's better than third, or less, .... better than our resources give us a right to, better than the huns.

... Not as good as Celtic, true ... but ... in terms o' budget, and in terms o' the League, ffs ... are we expectin oor Robin Reliant tae overtake a Mercedes, and stay ahead til oor tank rins oot and hope we've done enough?

... well, Ah 'believe' ... we're potentially on the right track. A cup next season is within oor capability ... and we've twa shottys ... 'believe!'

Excellent post. Best thing I've read on this forum for a long, long time.

afc1903mad
17-06-2018, 09:43 AM
Excellent post. Best thing I've read on this forum for a long, long time.

It was indeed.
If only for more of the same.

NaeMairNeeps
17-06-2018, 09:48 AM
Shut the fυck up guys ... dinna jinx it :D

neilthedon
17-06-2018, 10:01 AM
It was indeed.
If only for more of the same.

Believe !! I think quite a few folk on here do. They just daren`t say it. For a> ) Getting shot down
b. ) Jinxing it.

I bought a fair bonnie pair of Red suede Addidas trainers ( maybe Sambas, have to check ) and proudly wore them all the way down Union Street , King street and into Pittodrie for the last game of the season against Motherwell. Aye that one , the one when we didn`t get second............ Never worn them again.

dinna believe in them. Bad luck. It was my fault.

Some Folk on here winna say we could win First for a similar crazy reason .

I know. I know. Come on and hurry up New Season. Going stir crazy here.

afc1903mad
17-06-2018, 10:04 AM
Believe !! I think quite a few folk on here do. They just daren`t say it. For a> ) Getting shot down
b. ) Jinxing it.

I bought a fair bonnie pair of Red suede Addidas trainers ( maybe Sambas, have to check ) and proudly wore them all the way down Union Street , King street and into Pittodrie for the last game of the season against Motherwell. Aye that one , the one when we didn`t get second............ Never worn them again.

dinna believe in them. Bad luck. It was my fault.

Some Folk on here winna say we could win First for a similar crazy reason .

I know. I know. Come on and hurry up New Season. Going stir crazy here.

Indeed.
Stand Free min.

Aldo1983
17-06-2018, 10:24 AM
Bunch of back patting pant pishers. How can we win a cup when we have been told (every chance you get) that statistically that we have no right to?

Heed first. Logan style.

neilthedon
17-06-2018, 10:27 AM
Bunch of back patting pant pishers. How can we win a cup when we have been told (every chance you get) that statistically that we have no right to?

Heed first. Logan style.

Logan style . !! Like it.

Now who is going to be playing Right Back for first 3 games of season ?

Must be one of the 5 we`re signing this week ??

Pacman1903
17-06-2018, 10:32 AM
Yep, partial, cherrypick of my argument, but ...

.... totally supporting my urge to 'believe' ... as in, not in everything, every time, but one time, maybe more than one time, in time, mayne even sooner than you 'believe' ;)

To many folk don't believe we are better than we are. Our manager being the biggest culprit, chairman doesn't count as hes a d@ck and doesn't care about whats on the pitch, the fans who are happy just to plod along and come second year in year out. I'm not asking to win the league. I'm asking for more balls, more fight and to take it from there. We do not have a hard winners mentality.We can win cups but we don't as we don't(and yes to use your word) believe nearly f@cking enough

Aldo1983
17-06-2018, 10:41 AM

Kenny Miller.

RED_JOHN
17-06-2018, 11:30 AM

We are not signing a right back. For the first three matches we will go with a back three of Devlin, McKenna and Considine. McInnes likes to keep us on our toes. :)

its_a_goal
17-06-2018, 11:35 AM
To many folk don't believe we are better than we are. Our manager being the biggest culprit, chairman doesn't count as hes a d@ck and doesn't care about whats on the pitch, the fans who are happy just to plod along and come second year in year out. I'm not asking to win the league. I'm asking for more balls, more fight and to take it from there. We do not have a hard winners mentality.We can win cups but we don't as we don't(and yes to use your word) believe nearly f@cking enough

I really believe that coming second in the league is a good result for us. However that doesn't mean I'm happy to plod along. I desperately want us to win the league. However we have to be realistic. We have only won the league 4 times in our history. Nobody apart from the cheeks have won the league in the last 33 years. The checks have won the league all but 4 times in the last 50+ years.

As for the cups, we can win the cups. And I really don't think that belief or lack of it, is an issue here. Also I really don't think whether or not the fans believe we can win a cup has much bearing as to whether or not we actually do.

rico94
17-06-2018, 11:48 AM

Of course the chairman counts,if he isn’t bothered about whether we have a winning mentality or don’t that filters down to the rest of us.

I remember in the early 90s the fans had the expectations you are talking about but after years of dross under Milne that has lowered a lot of people’s expectations.

Mason89
17-06-2018, 11:52 AM
The club is pretty much in his image now. Bland manager, bland support & moving to the bland arena.

afc1903mad
17-06-2018, 01:21 PM

Heed first. Logan style.

Lol, we’re not the pant pishers.
We believe we can win silverware, but if we don’t, we have sight of reality that we don’t wet the bed and define it as unacceptable.

Jackjarvis
17-06-2018, 04:32 PM
The club is pretty much in his image now. Bland manager, bland support & moving to the bland arena.

Seriously.......”bland support”.......why have you come to that conclusion?.......if you actually attend a game, home or away, I would expect you to prove the blandness in probably the most travelled support in our league in decent numbers.......my mates are one thing, they are not f@cking “bland” though.......you crack on and for once try and be objective......”bland”.....FFS

SF

Mason89
17-06-2018, 04:45 PM
Seriously? The atmosphere at Pittodrie isn’t exactly electric & it isn’t the grounds fault. As for away games, they’re nowhere near what they used to be, even in the not too distant past.

I think the club panicked after the game at Iprix in 2012. These days, you’re more likely to get some uberfan giving you the hairy eyeball for starting a song than joining in.

I’m very comfortable labelling the ones sleepwalking into Milnes vision for AFC as bland, as that c*nt has never done anything else the whole time he’s been here. I’d bet every penny I had he orders a plain burger at McDonalds

Jackjarvis
17-06-2018, 04:58 PM
Seriously? The atmosphere at Pittodrie isn’t exactly electric & it isn’t the grounds fault. As for away games, they’re nowhere near what they used to be, even in the not too distant past.

I think the club panicked after the game at Iprix in 2012. These days, you’re more likely to get some uberfan giving you the hairy eyeball for starting a song than joining in.

I’m very comfortable labelling the ones sleepwalking into Milnes vision for AFC as bland, as that c*nt has never done anything else the whole time he’s been here. I’d bet every penny I had he orders a plain burger at McDonalds

R u genuinely for real? myself and many other shareholders and indeed supporters are not and never will be “sleepwalking” into anything......I obviously don’t know what supporters club you attend games with or whatever, however, your blinkered view on our current coach has now switched towards our bland “uberfans”......!
Time to grow up young man.
Regardless
SF

Mason89
17-06-2018, 05:03 PM
I go to games with fine upstanding Dandies, some of which are in favour of the move. I’ve got no problem calling them boring b’stards & I’ll have no problem calling you one either. Don’t take it personally you boring b’stard.

Shareholder aye? Well I never

afc1903mad
17-06-2018, 05:16 PM
. These days, you’re more likely to get some uberfan giving you the hairy eyeball for starting a song than joining in.

Boll0cks.

Never had a problem starting a song or joining in from the South Stand.
Your seat must be your Home couch and the hairy Uber fan giving you the eyeball your mrs.

dons8321
17-06-2018, 05:21 PM

When was the last time you attended a game at Pittodrie? Seriously no prevarication just a simply answer "the last time I saw the Dons at home was"...

Mason89
17-06-2018, 05:28 PM
Boll0cks.

Never had a problem starting a song or joining in from the South Stand.

Firstly, you’re talking absolute shyte again & secondly, I was on about away games. I take you don’t pack the south stand with you? Try & follow the thread & try & keep it to football

Jackjarvis
17-06-2018, 05:33 PM
I go to games with fine upstanding Dandies, some of which are in favour of the move. I’ve got no problem calling them boring b’stards & I’ll have no problem calling you one either. Don’t take it personally you boring b’stard.

Stick in, sadly, a “ boring b’stard” like myself or indeed other “boring b’stards” don’t get the once in a lifetime opportunity to spend time and be enlightened with someone as intelligent with objective dialogue as your good self about the club we both support, regardless of being DNA,season ticket holder or shareholder.
Fitba coming up now and I’m waiting for 2-0 for a lift, after that, the golf will hopefully pay for a wee trip abroad in a week or two.
SF

Mason89
17-06-2018, 05:34 PM
When was the last time you attended a game at Pittodrie? Seriously no prevarication just a simply answer "the last time I saw the Dons at home was"...

I can’t understand why it’s important or why it annoys folk that I don’t check in when I go

Mason89
17-06-2018, 05:37 PM
Fitba coming up now and I’m waiting for 2-0 for a lift, after that, the golf will hopefully pay for a wee trip abroad in a week or two.
SF

Good luck & let us know how the holiday goes :)

dons8321
17-06-2018, 05:40 PM
I can’t understand why it’s important or why it annoys folk that I don’t check in when I go

Don't have to be so defensive. You said that Pittodrie wasn't electric and I just was wondering how you came to that conclusion (notice, yet again, that you didn't actually answer the question).

Mason89
17-06-2018, 05:42 PM
Don't have to be so defensive. You said that Pittodrie wasn't electric and I just was wondering how you came to that conclusion (notice, yet again, that you didn't actually answer the question).

I came to that conclusion based on my experiences at Pittodrie.

(Notice yet again that I didn’t actually answer the question)

Basingstokered
17-06-2018, 05:55 PM

Stick in, sadly, a “ boring b’stard” like myself or indeed other “boring b’stards” don’t get the once in a lifetime opportunity to spend time and be enlightened with someone as intelligent with objective dialogue as your good self about the club we both support, regardless of being DNA,season ticket holder or shareholder.
SF

Who did you put the money on at the golf

thebeachend
17-06-2018, 06:12 PM

Don't bite.

afc1903mad
17-06-2018, 06:13 PM
Firstly, you’re talking absolute shyte again & secondly, I was on about away games. I take you don’t pack the south stand with you? Try & follow the thread & try & keep it to football

I’m Not talking ****e.
You were talking about the poor atmosphere at Pittodrie.
The away atmosphere is arguably better than at home, probably because we’re all,placed in the same area.
Never had a problem starting songs in The Soother block S.
You should try it sometime.

But I see your managing to derail the thread again, so time to pop out and hope it’s still on track when I come back

COME ON YOU REDS!

curvasud
17-06-2018, 06:22 PM
I’m Not talking ****e.
The away atmosphere is arguably better than at home, probably because we’re all,placed in the same area.

Well then, I can only assume you've never had a problem because you've hardly ever tried to start one.

Mason is right that the away support is mince vocally now too. Atmosphere at away games is a total myth.

Aldo1983
17-06-2018, 06:31 PM
I’m Not talking ****e.
You should try it sometime.

But I see your managing to derail the thread again, so time to pop out and hope it’s still on track when I come back

COME ON YOU REDS!

You derailed the thread at post 74 to be fair. It's about Kari Arnason.

That said, it's good when the threads end up like this but you do seem to become the topic police when it suits you.

The atmosphere at pittodrie has been pish as long as I've been going. The big games used to be good but I haven't really experienced that either recently. Its an Aberdonian thing. The away support seems to have got worse as well.

The atmosphere at most games now, regardless if we are invovled or not doesn't seem to be as good as it was.

Instant gratification is what young folk expect. Fair play to those young nuggets that support Hamilton and Motherwell and try to make a noise.

rico94
17-06-2018, 07:07 PM
The atmosphere at Pittodrie has never been good unless it’s a game against the cheeks or a big European game,for the club to think a new stadium will change that goes to show how deluded they are because it will be the same people going.

To be fair to the people who go to the football week in week out they get a lot of abuse on here one way or another but if it wasn’t for them a lot of people on here wouldn’t have a team to support.

afc1903mad
17-06-2018, 07:10 PM
You derailed the thread at post 74 to be fair. It's about Kari Arnason.

That said, it's good when the threads end up like this but you do seem to become the topic police when it suits you.

Instant gratification is what young folk expect. Fair play to those young nuggets that support Hamilton and Motherwell and try to make a noise.

Lol, I derailed it? Replying to a post. What about the post I replied to, was that about Arnasun?
Dearly me.

You make a good point about expectation of instant gratification. Not the real world though is it?

afc1903mad
17-06-2018, 07:13 PM
The atmosphere at Pittodrie has never been good unless it’s a game against the cheeks or a big European game,for the club to think a new stadium will change that goes to show how deluded they are because it will be the same people going.

To be fair to the people who go to the football week in week out they get a lot of abuse on here one way or another but if it wasn’t for them a lot of people on here wouldn’t have a team to support.

A fair comment, far from the claims recently made.

mondo_notion
17-06-2018, 07:35 PM
Make S section of the south stand the unofficial singing section. Get rid of all the touristy types and day trippers from there and bring back the vuvuzelas. It's not that hard.

Jackjarvis
17-06-2018, 08:03 PM

The fitba is down now and alas, Fleetwood in the golf is/was well gubbed......anyway Royal Aberdeen tomorrow for the amateur.....will be there with a bunch of “bland” mates and we will even be “blander” at Murcar on Tuesday.......need to get some tips from this m89 chappie to make sure we are uplifted accordingly .

SF

InversneckieDob
17-06-2018, 08:11 PM

I'm a shareholder.
The wife bought me a single share few years back for a birthday or Christmas, canna mind which.
Got a nice framed certificate on the wa' and I get a nice shiny brochure every year at AGM time.

Mason89
17-06-2018, 08:18 PM
I'm a shareholder.
The wife bought me a single share few years back for a birthday or Christmas, canna mind which.
Got a nice framed certificate on the wa' and I get a nice shiny brochure every year at AGM time.

That’s the first you’ve mentioned it in how many years of posting? You’re missing a trick here. You could use it to lord it over the plebs :)

RED_JOHN
17-06-2018, 09:01 PM
Mason is right that the away support is mince vocally now too. Atmosphere at away games is a total myth.

Have to agree about our so called fearsome away support....a total myth and thanks to the loyalty points system is it overtaken by unfortunately a very lot of happy clappers. Aberdeen FC fans home and away are very bland at the moment unfortunately.

RED_JOHN
17-06-2018, 09:04 PM
The fitba is down now and alas, Fleetwood in the golf is/was well gubbed......anyway Royal Aberdeen tomorrow for the amateur.....will be there with a bunch of “bland” mates and we will even be “blander” at Murcar on Tuesday.......need to get some tips from this m89 chappie to make sure we are uplifted accordingly .

SF

Golf is for boring b@stards....a very bland sport!

thebeachend
17-06-2018, 09:27 PM
John Bland is especially bland. Nah, golf is a fantastic sport just a pity I'm name much use.

RedStarTorphins
17-06-2018, 09:50 PM

Golf as a sport is fine.
However, some of the folk that play it are w@nkers. The old golf club committee types.
As for some of the clothes worn? Completely unacceptable & laughable.

Jackjarvis
17-06-2018, 10:36 PM

Indeed, especially after seeing my biggest bet of the weekend getting gubbed.......then watching my punt on fleets getting pipped after saying it was gubbed.....that aside, thank you betfred for e/w return to pay for the next two days shenanigans .

SF

Jackjarvis
17-06-2018, 10:45 PM
That’s the first you’ve mentioned it in how many years of posting? You’re missing a trick here. You could use it to lord it over the plebs :)

Well done Kendo, 94 I reckon when I bought shares to try and assist the club, sadly there are a couple of phannies on here that think that because we own shares(worth hee haw) that we would look down on them, insecurity can be a b@gger I suppose, regardless, roll on next season with our Deek running the show.

SF

curvasud
17-06-2018, 10:48 PM
The big games used to be good but I haven't really experienced that either recently. Its an Aberdonian thing. The away support seems to have got worse as well.

The atmosphere at most games now, regardless if we are invovled or not doesn't seem to be as good as it was.

It's not the same people going just now as it was 10 years ago. It could get even worse.

The idea that Kingsford would solve atmosphere is a carrot being dangled to sell the move. As if young, loud, passionate fans are going to go out to Kingsford. It's between the poshest areas of Aberdeenshire. Cost of attending will rise even more. There's no pubs. It'd attract even more shy, inhibited, middle class families and put off young rowdy drinkers.

A new stadium built to intimidate, in ****ing Aberdeen, with really cheap tickets could improve the atmosphere.

The away support and general support has been gentrified or at least massively diluted. The raw passion has gone. I remember some unbelievable celebrations at games like Dunfermline and Inverness away.

NaeMairNeeps
18-06-2018, 02:14 AM

Golf is ρish .... and has fυck all to do wi' Kari Arnason.

Jack Jarvis, I like yer posts ... jist leave oot the golf, and Ah might get tae love them :D ....

Frisbee is better than golf. mair activity and agility tae throw/catch one frisbee than an 18 hole stroll hittin a wee ba' wi a funcy expensive stick. ... Hows aboot gettin some frisbees, and replacin the expensive funcy sticks and wee baas?

Turn up at the tee-zone wi a LidL cairrier full o' different frisbees ... fling yer 'aerobie' as far as ye can ... find it, fling anither ane, and anither, til ye get one hooked ower the top o' the flag. ... for added excitement, tak a dram for every 'fling' which disna hook the flag ... Ah'm in ;)

InversneckieDob
18-06-2018, 03:49 AM
Aye........and don't you forget it.........

InversneckieDob
18-06-2018, 03:52 AM
Well done Kendo, 94 I reckon when I bought shares to try and assist the club, sadly there are a couple of phannies on here that think that because we own shares(worth hee haw) that we would look down on them, insecurity can be a b@gger I suppose, regardless, roll on next season with our Deek running the show.

SF

I'm waiting on the day Abramovitch, some Saudis or the Glazers Mount a hostile takeover of AFC and my single share becomes worth a sizeable number, then my commitment to the cause will be tested.......

Jackjarvis
18-06-2018, 06:55 AM
I'm waiting on the day Abramovitch, some Saudis or the Glazers Mount a hostile takeover of AFC and my single share becomes worth a sizeable number, then my commitment to the cause will be tested.......

You would never sell bud, I paid £1100 for mine and they are probably worth £11 now......solid investment, but by f@ck you get an affa fine cup of tea and a funcy piece at the agm, anyway, back to Kari......nah, back to golf, your good chum Roser has kindly agreed to be chauffeur today.....with this, must dash and head up the hill for ma morning pre RA.

SF

Mason89
18-06-2018, 07:32 AM

I would never have had you pegged as one for buying & selling shares. Has Thatcher influenced other areas of your life? :)

neilthedon
18-06-2018, 08:02 AM
I would never have had you pegged as one for buying & selling shares. Has Thatcher influenced other areas of your life? :)

Nobody sells their A.F.C. shares. When was this shares issue ? Late 80`s early 90s ?

Pretty sure anyone and everyone who bought them saw it as another way to support and help the Club ?

My Father bought some, while telling me they were worthless. But just nice to have and somehow " be involved " This DNA thing seems like an even easier way for the Club to get some funding. As with Shareholders you get some awkward old sod turining up at the AGM with an axe to grind !!

So, was your shares jibe at Sneck in jest, or a genuine sneer ?

( Again without us all typing any humour in another typeface font, it`s hard to tell !! )

Mason89
18-06-2018, 08:21 AM
In jest. I’m pretty sure he’d hunt me down & kill me like a dog if he thought I meant it

57vintage
18-06-2018, 10:10 AM
Nobody sells their A.F.C. shares. When was this shares issue ? Late 80`s early 90s ?

Pretty sure anyone and everyone who bought them saw it as another way to support and help the Club ?

1995, after the near disaster that was 94-95. I was offering my 2 cents in sweary Red Final rants at the time, and when we published the 'Never Again' volume chronicling the utter **** that the season had been, it sold like Gartly's sliders at a scorching Keith Show.

Everyone who contributed got a slice of the TRF share purchase, which is, of course worth [2/3 x 3/8] x [**** all/**** all] given succeeding share conversions and ither usury stuff that I have nae interest in understanding. Some 'benefits' of being a shreholder have also been withdrawn, as I understand it. Meh.

It was a bit of a **** when some plooky youth in the club shop asked if I was a shareholder to get discount two weeks ago. I am, I said (Neil Diamond is a Red) and produced my card. He had the impidence to go and check that I was entitled to 10% discount from the merch I was purchasing. I almost went into "Listen here, laddie..." mode.