PDA

View Full Version : Season ticket sales?

mickd1961
05-07-2017, 08:56 PM
Anyone know what the figure is at this point.

For the first time since I started having one over 25 years ago I've decided against buying one this season.

I honestly could never have envisaged this scenario just a couple of years ago but I refuse to put unconditional money into Lai's pocket.

I know Des and Chris no longer attend many matches and I wondered how many of you have given up your season tickets?

I predict some very poor attendances this coming season,I wouldn't be surprised to see crowds dip below 20,000 for some league matches.

sweeper5
05-07-2017, 09:04 PM
I gave mine up two seasons ago; I will not even consider buying one again until he has gone. I have taken up a membership and buy tickets on line for the games I want to watch, all the others I watch on line.

Albionic68
05-07-2017, 09:32 PM
From what I've been told we're above the 16,000 mark for season ticket sales thus far.

My lad and I have renewed ours although the wife was unable to due to family commitments.

Still a long way to go before the start of the season.

I've heard that Messi was giving us serious consideration as his next destination prior to signing his new deal at Barcelona.

He even offered to play left back but TP's not impressed by his long throw technique so we're currently monitoring other targets.

Strictly not ITK ;D .

Never mind folks, it's only a game.

COYB B) .

BaggieBlood
05-07-2017, 10:42 PM
another hypocritical statement from sjoke fan bob.

So affronted by pulis football, he doesn't boycott it completely though, he just watches them it for free on Illegal websites.

Be careful there bob, you know more than anyone knows what the bible says about stealing.

holmleighchris
06-07-2017, 05:45 AM
another hypocritical statement from sjoke fan bob.

So affronted by pulis football, he doesn't boycott it completely though, he just watches them it for free on Illegal websites.

Be careful there bob, you know more than anyone knows what the bible says about stealing.

Another thread threatening to turn into a slanging match. The above post adds nothing to the thread and is posted for one reason only. I urge all to ignore it.

baggieal
06-07-2017, 06:40 AM
Another thread threatening to turn into a slanging match. The above post adds nothing to the thread and is posted for one reason only. I urge all to ignore it.

I agree Chris! Bob's posts should be ignored as it's either a love in for Stoke or slagging off Pulis! Even his dodgy stats come from the fairies!

Funny old game and we haven't kicked a ball yet and already Pulis is getting crap! My season tickets depend on Lai opening his wallet so not looking good at the moment......................................

PS - the saddles on those bikes in Austria are a bit tough on the balls! Let's blame Tony Pulis for not getting the Messi equivalent of mountain bikes! ;D ;D; D

SCOOP115
06-07-2017, 08:32 AM
I gave mine up two seasons ago; I will not even consider buying one again until he has gone. I have taken up a membership and buy tickets on line for the games I want to watch, all the others I watch on line.

^^^ This

Whicka_Mon
06-07-2017, 08:58 AM
I agree Chris! Bob's posts should be ignored as it's either a love in for Stoke or slagging off Pulis! Even his dodgy stats come from the fairies!

Funny old game and we haven't kicked a ball yet and already Pulis is getting crap! My season tickets depend on Lai opening his wallet so not looking good at the moment......................................

PS - the saddles on those bikes in Austria are a bit tough on the balls! Let's blame Tony Pulis for not getting the Messi equivalent of mountain bikes! ;D ;D; D

Lai opening his wallet is not going to change the way we approach or play games. That is purely down to the manager. Like it or not mate it is the manager's style of play which is alienating and dividing supporters. We have never spent big money, i think we have all come to terms with that and i can't ignore your points about a lack of investment. But it is the manager who is ripping the soul out of the club with a complete disregard for how the supporters want to see the game played. Most are even in the mindset of his bland average way of thinking. I have not renewed yet but i probably will. If i don't then that is Pulis's greatest achievement. That being forcing a lifelong supporter and STH for twenty odd years away from the club . I cannot criticize anyone who turns their back on this.

BaggieBlood
06-07-2017, 09:46 AM
Is that because you do the same Hlc?

I think it's hypocritical to say you hate "pulisball" and have stopped attending because of it, and then say you still watch every match for free.

Even on a fuzzy feed, it's TP's team and alleged boring style of play.

Why is my post going to start a slanging match?

He's name is bob, but I didn't mention his favourite past time.

I think tp is doing an exceptional job given the resources he's got, I would renew even if the football was boring.

Fact is guys like yourself don't pay your money to watch, but you give the biggest boot to tp at every opportunity.

The latest c rap being he's pulised the football out of chadli, when everyone and their dog knew that he had 1 good game followed by 5 bad at spurs.

I defend him because he's the best we're going to get given our circumstances, and 10th last year was a brilliant with that limited and ageing squad.

goodlordmurphy
06-07-2017, 12:29 PM
We are getting down there...only another couple of steps to go...

baggieal
06-07-2017, 03:10 PM
Is that because you do the same Hlc?

I think it's hypocritical to say you hate "pulisball" and have stopped attending because of it, and then say you still watch every match for free.

Even on a fuzzy feed, it's TP's team and alleged boring style of play.

Why is my post going to start a slanging match?

He's name is bob, but I didn't mention his favourite past time.

I think tp is doing an exceptional job given the resources he's got, I would renew even if the football was boring.

Fact is guys like yourself don't pay your money to watch, but you give the biggest boot to tp at every opportunity.

The latest c rap being he's pulised the football out of chadli, when everyone and their dog knew that he had 1 good game followed by 5 bad at spurs.

I defend him because he's the best we're going to get given our circumstances, and 10th last year was a brilliant with that limited and ageing squad.

Could not agree more Blood! I absolutely loathe Amazon so refuse to shop with them! Seems Pulis gets hammered more from those who don't go to the matches than those that do! Don't get me wrong, there are many things, I don't like about Pulis! A better manager to KEEP us in the premiership comes at a huge cost as does quality players - that's down to Lai!

We have had the thrills - a decent player who is a huge gamble from an injury perspective so now it's down to the usual cheap cheap cheap!

My biggest gripe about losing the love from football is the huge revenue coming in, stupid salaries, and clubs giving feck all back. Lai gave everyone a free West Brom scarf imported from his homeland - WOW!

How can a thick player earn 100K a week and a doctor/vet earns this in a year if lucky by spending most likely 100K on uni/accom costs throughout their 5/6 year degrees!!! Mental, and then some players can't be arsed to sign a kids autographs!

Don't get me wrong there are exceptions like Defoe who has given up a great amount of time with Bradley that he did not need to do - so well done to him and others!

Football now is all about GREED so having a go at Pulis through all his faults due to peanuts to spend is the tip of the iceberg!

holmleighchris
06-07-2017, 04:34 PM
Footballers can earn 100K a week because fans want to watch footballers perform. No one wants to watch doctors or vets going about their jobs.
We could pay doctors 100K a week but income tax would need to be about 60% of earnings.

WBA1955
06-07-2017, 05:04 PM
Footballers can earn 100K a week because fans want to watch footballers perform. No one wants to watch doctors or vets going about their jobs.
We could pay doctors 100K a week but income tax would need to be about 60% of earnings.

Some'people'enjoy'watching'Doctors'and'Vets.Dr'Who 'and'All'Creatures',were'two'of'the'all'time'most' watched'shows.
Get'your'facts'right'Mr'Gonazales':P

baggieal
06-07-2017, 06:28 PM

Wrong - more and more people are turning away from football! I remember when you could not get a ticket for a match and FA Cup matches were sold as soon as tickets came out!

You don't even need a season ticket as there will be tickets at every game! Truth is - clubs don't even need supporters anymore with Sky money!

So on that basis, anyone who thinks Lai will want to spend more money this year is deluded. For Lai to see us mid table again, with patching up the holes on little cash - it's a success to him!

Will Lai or the Board give two ****s to the fans - will they hell! Lai and the Board must be wetting themselves with laughter with some supporters blaming Pulis!

holmleighchris
07-07-2017, 06:02 AM
Wrong - more and more people are turning away from football! I remember when you could not get a ticket for a match and FA Cup matches were sold as soon as tickets came out!

You don't even need a season ticket as there will be tickets at every game! Truth is - clubs don't even need supporters anymore with Sky money!

So on that basis, anyone who thinks Lai will want to spend more money this year is deluded. For Lai to see us mid table again, with patching up the holes on little cash - it's a success to him!

Will Lai or the Board give two ****s to the fans - will they hell! Lai and the Board must be wetting themselves with laughter with some supporters blaming Pulis!

I was including people who subscribe to Sky both here and around the world to watch matches, not only those who attend. It is this money that has taken the supporters out of the grounds and totally ruined the game.
The one thing Lai is overlooking is the fall in cash if we are relegated and don't bounce back.

Baggies_Boy_Tony
07-07-2017, 06:39 AM
I've renewed my ST, and because he's been a bad lad. my Grandson's as well ;D.

Has anybody received their new Style Card yet?

albion68
07-07-2017, 07:16 AM
I've renewed my ST, and because he's been a bad lad. my Grandson's as well ;D.

Has anybody received their new Style Card yet?
No still waiting tony. I've been a bad boy and man for the last 60 years, floating fans don't you just love them. There the ones you will tell Gary meg son saved the baggies.yes he did very well with what he had.NO the 8or9 Thousand fans who turned up week in week out saved the baggies. Somebody tell me differently no thought not.

holmleighchris
07-07-2017, 05:03 PM
No still waiting tony. I've been a bad boy and man for the last 60 years, floating fans don't you just love them. There the ones you will tell Gary meg son saved the baggies.yes he did very well with what he had.NO the 8or9 Thousand fans who turned up week in week out saved the baggies. Somebody tell me differently no thought not.

Megson saved us from another visit to the third tier that's for certain. Also somehow hauled us into the Prem with some very good signings.
What is a floating fan?

albion68
07-07-2017, 07:43 PM
Megson saved us from another visit to the third tier that's for certain. Also somehow hauled us into the Prem with some very good signings.
What is a floating fan?
Sorry Chris perhaps floating the wrong word,what I meant was the ones who only like the good times. I'm not knocking megson .in fact I was a big fan of his. Very few recognise without the faithful few theres no football club.loke the club up the road who came very very close.

holmleighchris
08-07-2017, 06:11 AM
Sorry Chris perhaps floating the wrong word,what I meant was the ones who only like the good times. I'm not knocking megson .in fact I was a big fan of his. Very few recognise without the faithful few theres no football club.loke the club up the road who came very very close.

If we relied on that sort of fan the place would be empty! Since 1968 the only good times have been the Promotion years, not a single trophy of any note won.
78/79 was great but nothing came of it.
I wouldn't call myself a floating fan, more a retired one. Last season was the first time in my life I didn't attend a match (I was there when I was 6 months old so I'm told) whilst the previous 3 seasons had seen my attendance drop rapidly after giving up my long held season ticket. I have chalked up over 1,000 games live, but the big money more than Pulis's tactics is what has ruined it for me. Much better when recruitment meant scouring the lower leagues for talent rather than throwing silly money at overseas players.
Look at the players bought in during the 60s and 70s. Here are a few:
Jeff Astle
John Kaye
John Osborne
Clive Clark
Joe Mayo
Cyrille Regis
Laurie Cunningham
Prior to these Derek Kevan & Ronnie Allen.
You can't take the club out of your blood but you can take the fan out of the Hawthorns. I used to be out 7 hours when attending a home game, leaving my wife on her own, prefer to be with her now and disappear upstairs for a couple of hours to watch the games on streams.
Been there, done it and moved on (sort of).

albion68
09-07-2017, 05:25 PM
If we relied on that sort of fan the place would be empty! Since 1968 the only good times have been the Promotion years, not a single trophy of any note won.
78/79 was great but nothing came of it.
I wouldn't call myself a floating fan, more a retired one. Last season was the first time in my life I didn't attend a match (I was there when I was 6 months old so I'm told) whilst the previous 3 seasons had seen my attendance drop rapidly after giving up my long held season ticket. I have chalked up over 1,000 games live, but the big money more than Pulis's tactics is what has ruined it for me. Much better when recruitment meant scouring the lower leagues for talent rather than throwing silly money at overseas players.
Look at the players bought in during the 60s and 70s. Here are a few:
Jeff Astle
John Kaye
John Osborne
Clive Clark
Joe Mayo
Cyrille Regis
Laurie Cunningham
Prior to these Derek Kevan & Ronnie Allen.
You can't take the club out of your blood but you can take the fan out of the Hawthorns. I used to be out 7 hours when attending a home game, leaving my wife on her own, prefer to be with her now and disappear upstairs for a couple of hours to watch the games on streams.
Been there, done it and moved on (sort of). well played Chris fair play,im into my 61styear its in your blood. I don't pretend to have done the whole 60 but must admit seen a fair few.good times and dross. Under the old scoreboard freezing cold watching us scrape,a1-0 win against Plymouth happy days.

goodlordmurphy
09-07-2017, 05:40 PM

Should make them use the old Black Raleigh with the Sturmey Archer gears.