PDA

View Full Version : Taylor's a claret and blue..

BaggieBlood
06-07-2017, 01:08 PM
Not the s hitty vile variety, but burnley.

It used to be West sham used to gazump us, now it's another claret blue club.

We've needed a lb for an age and last year's saga was about schlup and now Taylor.

Next, like antonio and Cresswell before, watch Taylor become an England international whilst thinking what could have been.

wbatillidie
06-07-2017, 02:06 PM
Not the s hitty vile variety, but burnley.

It used to be West sham used to gazump us, now it's another claret blue club.

We've needed a lb for an age and last year's saga was about schlup and now Taylor.

Next, like antonio and Cresswell before, watch Taylor become an England international whilst thinking what could have been.

Not to worry our recruitment team have tied down prolific striker HRK on an extended contact.

We're really looking good now, can't wait for the season to start so excited.

WBA53
06-07-2017, 02:08 PM
We look and look and look and monitor then we look and look again etc whilst another club move in fairly quickly and do the business,it really is tiresome during the transfer window at B71

BaggieBlood
06-07-2017, 02:52 PM
I hope the HRK contract is in order to sell him to a championship club for a fee of around £4-5m.

He's ok for coming off the bench, but i'd hoped we'd get better.

Whicka_Mon
06-07-2017, 03:05 PM
I hope the HRK contract is in order to sell him to a championship club for a fee of around £4-5m.

He's ok for coming off the bench, but i'd hoped we'd get better.

Taylor is unproven at this level. We have had "world beaters" before in the championship ourselves who couldn't step up.

BaggieBlood
06-07-2017, 03:09 PM
I didn't say he was proven.

But, Antonio and Cresswell weren't either, look at them now.

Robertson, who we're linked with now in the problem LB position, we were linked to when he was at dundee utd, and we were linked to maguire (now gone to lcfc for 20m) both went to hull city.

How can we make such errors constantly?

WBA123
06-07-2017, 03:51 PM
I didn't say he was proven.

But, Antonio and Cresswell weren't either, look at them now.

Robertson, who we're linked with now in the problem LB position, we were linked to when he was at dundee utd, and we were linked to maguire (now gone to lcfc for 20m) both went to hull city.

How can we make such errors constantly?

To be fair, Antonio and Cresswell went to West Ham who are in London and able to pay better wages than us. Charlie Taylor might be from the north and Burnley may be a better fit for him. Robertson may also have had his reasons for moving to Hull. Fletcher moved to Stoke because they offered him a 2 year deal and its closer to Manchester. Geography sometimes has a lot to do with it, just like why Marc Wilson and Craig Gardner wanted to sign for us.

Because of where we're located and the resources we have, we are going to get beaten to players by other teams. Even teams like Burnley and Hull in some instances. But give the club a chance to do some business, if we're still here one week from the season without a couple of quality signings....then its time to hit the panic button.

BaggieBlood
06-07-2017, 05:07 PM
Yeah, us not wanting to pay the asking price has nowt to do with it.

Hate to say it, but even "mighty " Huddersfield have got their plans into place better than us.

Keep kidding yourself that it's location, not tightness, that stops us getting players.

Not bidding the "massive " £7m cost us Cresswell, antonio was on his way to, as was Olson, until we changed the goalposts.

Redmond, in our location, wanted to sign, but why invest in youth when there may be an ageing pro like jerome Thomas who can do a job for free.

I am not saying the club should spend millions, but that our decisions have been very bad since Ashworth left.

It was criminal that we signed sick vic, knowing his injury record.

I just hope jrod isn't the same.

saltnshake
06-07-2017, 11:19 PM
My hope is the reason we haven't signed Taylor, is we have somebody better lined up, my fear and probably closer to the truth is due to our lack of transfer funds it was decided we could use Nyom and Brunt to cover the left back position instead of buying a natural full back.

baggieal
07-07-2017, 06:00 AM
Taylor is unproven at this level. We have had "world beaters" before in the championship ourselves who couldn't step up.

Taylor is decent and we should have signed him! Again our greed and tightness cost us but hey ho - Pulis no doubt will get the blame!

Pity some supporters don't get real and start blaming the real culprits ( Board and Lai ) for our shambles!

Wilson/Kanu - yeah really! Two championship players !!!!!

PS - never mind Morrison and Brunt have another 5 years left in them ;D ;D