PDA

View Full Version : Nicky Maynard

actonsheep
07-07-2017, 10:42 AM
Signs... striker - 1 in 3 record in the Championship/League 1.

Pauldolski10
07-07-2017, 10:44 AM
JUSt seen that, good striker, great signing

RedStarTorphins
07-07-2017, 10:45 AM
JUSt seen that, good striker, great signing

Really?
2 goals in 31 games, on loan to MK Dons in 2016/17
Age 30

Hud me back

macattack
07-07-2017, 10:48 AM
Signs... striker - 1 in 3 record in the Championship/League 1.

So does that mean we are nae going for Stevie May now ?

thebeachend
07-07-2017, 10:48 AM
good signing....this guy was scoring plenty a few seasons back. it's a like!

Pauldolski10
07-07-2017, 10:56 AM
Really?
2 goals in 31 games, on loan to MK Dons in 2016/17
Age 30

Hud me back

Yup good signing, works channels well and before injury was pacey and banging them in, not sure if the pace is still there but he will score 15 plus in our league id say, over £10 million in transfer fees in his career lost his way a bit but still a quality player and will do a job for us better goalscoring record in england than Stockely, Rooney, Storey and May put together but as with everything else you would find something negative about him

Mason89
07-07-2017, 11:04 AM
Can he play centre half?

Pacman1903
07-07-2017, 11:06 AM
I think he will do a job. Welcome aboard min

actonsheep
07-07-2017, 11:06 AM
So does that mean we are nae going for Stevie May now ?

We've signed this guy for a year, and May is out of contract in a year....

I'm going to guess May wants to come, but its up in the air as to whether its now or when his contract runs out at the end of the season. This signing means we're covered either way.

Saying that, hes got the #10 shirt, so doubt he's here just as a squad filler...

RedStarTorphins
07-07-2017, 11:10 AM
Yup good signing, works channels well and before injury was pacey and banging them in, not sure if the pace is still there but he will score 15 plus in our league id say, over £10 million in transfer fees in his career lost his way a bit but still a quality player and will do a job for us better goalscoring record in england than Stockely, Rooney, Storey and May put together but as with everything else you would find something negative about him

2 goals in 31 games in League One is positive is it?....ok

nice1simmy
07-07-2017, 11:13 AM
Have to agree with you rst,not exactly prolific throughout his career,his transfer fee's mean f-all in the over inflated english market,not inspiring me but hope im proved wrong

RedStarTorphins
07-07-2017, 11:19 AM
Have to agree with you rst,not exactly prolific throughout his career,his transfer fee's mean f-all in the over inflated english market,not inspiring me but hope im proved wrong

I suppose DM knows him well having worked with him at Bristol City, but the scoring record is bleak, as is his injury record

afc1903mad
07-07-2017, 11:20 AM

We have a history of resurrecting careers of players who played down south.
FFS give the boy a chance.

We wanted Stevie May, that's on hold and the club have moved to another option.

Welcome aboard Nicky, hope you have a cracking season for the Dons

COYR's

nice1simmy
07-07-2017, 11:24 AM
We have a history of resurrecting careers of players who played down south.
FFS give the boy a chance.

We wanted Stevie May, that's on hold and the club have moved to another option.

Welcome aboard Nicky, hope you have a cracking season for the Dons

COYR's

Obviously il give the boy a chance,like i said i hope im proved wrong,he us nearly 31 so not exactly resurrecting a career like rooney and logan

Feck_the_Huns
07-07-2017, 11:27 AM
Two more players to come in today, according to Steffani Dailly

Feck_the_Huns
07-07-2017, 11:29 AM
I suppose DM knows him well having worked with him at Bristol City, but the scoring record is bleak

You'd have to imagine that either Storey and/or Stockley will be on their way, with this boy coming in

rico94
07-07-2017, 11:30 AM
good signing....this guy was scoring plenty a few seasons back. it's a like!

The last time he got into double figures was 2009-2010, Mark McGhee was our manager thats how long ago that was.Since then he seems to have been blighted with injury problems, considering some folk weren't keen on May because of his injury's Im not sure if they will be happy with him.

He might turn out to be a good signing so I will give him a chance, but I knew this is what we were going to end up with. All of that talk of 500k for Boyce or 400k for May and we end up with a free transfer from the lower leagues of England. The Hayes money never to be mentioned of again.

SFDon
07-07-2017, 11:32 AM
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/nicky-maynard-rank-among-greatest-9151559

Link sounds promising until you see /ever flop.

Aldo1983
07-07-2017, 11:41 AM
You have to give him a chance but ffs it reeks of desperation. One year deal sounds like even DM isn't that keen.

Pauldolski10
07-07-2017, 11:49 AM

31 games is a positive as it means the injuries may be over, 2 goals is nay great but he links up play well and other players will feed off him also Messi and Ronaldo combined would struggle scoring in a team managed by Robbie Neilson and his hoofball tactics

Pacman1903
07-07-2017, 11:55 AM
31 games is a positive as it means the injuries may be over, 2 goals is nay great but he links up play well and other players will feed off him also Messi and Ronaldo combined would struggle scoring in a team managed by Robbie Neilson and his hoofball tactics

I'm with you Pauldolski min

Mr_Grieves
07-07-2017, 11:56 AM
Got to trust DM on this as he'll know him well, even though his injury record is a concern.

rico94
07-07-2017, 12:00 PM
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/nicky-maynard-rank-among-greatest-9151559

Link sounds promising until you see /ever flop.

According to that article he has had a bad injury on both knees, hence the reason he has never got back to the form he had at Crewe and Bristol City I would imagine.

Cant see the extra couple of thousand season tickets being sold that Stewart Milne wants with signings like this, I hope the next 2 today are better.

GGMDONS
07-07-2017, 12:00 PM
Maynard, Is he any good as I dont remember him?

Hope he's not the only signing today, as we also need a central defender & a defencive midfielder

TartanIvor
07-07-2017, 12:03 PM
he might settle in quickly as he will know Joe Lewis as well as DM

afc1903mad
07-07-2017, 12:18 PM
Obviously il give the boy a chance,like i said i hope im proved wrong,he us nearly 31 so not exactly resurrecting a career like rooney and logan

He may be Maloney replacement who was 34.
Still leaves the option for May but give us cover for the year in case

rico94
07-07-2017, 12:29 PM
The herlad is reporting that we had a bid rejected for Louis Moult this morning, it supposedly fell well short of what Motherwell are looking for.

Given that Maynard has travelled up here today I presume he was offered a deal before this morning so maybe Moult or May are still a possibility ?

irnbru1903
07-07-2017, 12:57 PM
Meh ... another one for the bench.

RedStarTorphins
07-07-2017, 01:15 PM
The last time he got into double figures was 2009-2010, Mark McGhee was our manager thats how long ago that was.Since then he seems to have been blighted with injury problems, considering some folk weren't keen on May because of his injury's Im not sure if they will be happy with him.

He might turn out to be a good signing so I will give him a chance, but I knew this is what we were going to end up with. All of that talk of 500k for Boyce or 400k for May and we end up with a free transfer from the lower leagues of England. The Hayes money never to be mentioned of again.

I'll also add that it looks as though we're low-balling bids knowing they're going to get laughed at.
Motherwell were never going to accept £250k
"Look fans, we tried to spend some money"...........so instead, here's a freebie lower league player with a dreadful scoring record.
6 or 7 years since he was in double figures FFS.

Stupie82
07-07-2017, 01:20 PM
I'll also add that it looks as though we're low-balling bids knowing they're going to get laughed at.
"Look fans, we tried to spend some money"...........so instead, here's a freebie lower league player with a dreadful scoring record.

Adam Rooney spent plenty years in single figures before coming here!

We can't write him off, none of us know jack **** about him or his style of play. He could be the type of player DM needs, not just to score goals but to link up with the strikers we do have.

Let's give the bloke a chance and not be negative! As for Moult, no one starts with a big offer and although it's derisory, another 200-300k and we will land him. Only 1 year left on contract!

Jussi
07-07-2017, 01:22 PM
Milne needs to make another embarrassing statement soon.

WatsonNimrod
07-07-2017, 01:34 PM
Slightly disappointing but then again DM seems to be see things in certain types of players that we as mere speculators cant.

I seem to remember some similar comments about Niall McGinn.

We also are brainwashed by the English media into thinking that the English Champ and L1 are better than the SPL. In some cases that's correct, but as someone who has followed Brighton for the last 15 years some of the games are absolutely turgid with the standard of skill on display at times non existent.

Who is to say that if you put him in a team playing flowing football that he wont do well?

RedStarTorphins
07-07-2017, 01:43 PM
Adam Rooney spent plenty years in single figures before coming here!

We can't write him off, none of us know jack **** about him or his style of play. He could be the type of player DM needs, not just to score goals but to link up with the strikers we do have.

Let's give the bloke a chance and not be negative! As for Moult, no one starts with a big offer and although it's derisory, another 200-300k and we will land him. Only 1 year left on contract!

Fair enough
We have no option but to wait and see, and give the guy a chance
All I'm doing is pointing out his recent record of 2 in 31 at a League One club who released him.
all this talk him going for £2.5m once upon a time is irrelevant.
Irrelevant as it's England, and irrelevant as it was when McGhee was our manager - in other words another footballing lifetime ago

As for Louis Moult, I'm not sure we'd try and get him as well?
We'd have Rooney, Moult, Maynard, Stockley & Storey - ok, one or both of Storey & Stockley might go, but you'd still be left with 3 players for one position (95% of the time).

Hopefully we get a centre half and left winger in soon too. Then squad would be set

rico94
07-07-2017, 01:45 PM

Yep thats what it looks like to me. I hope Im proved wrong and we up the bid for Moult, if we dont then what you are saying looks right.

To be fair on the guy Maynard is it possible that he wasn't playing up front for MK Dons last season?

I saw his stats on some website and it says he can play on the wings as well. Surely he wasn't playing up front for 34 games last season and only scored 2 goals, Darren Mackie at his worst would score more than 2 in a season.

DonVincenzo (The II)
07-07-2017, 01:47 PM
welcome the the mighty dons Nicky. Bring any Wine gums?

87kilos
07-07-2017, 01:50 PM

Why were they not???

He's into the last year of his contract. Sell now, get the money on the table and reinvest it or pay off debts. Or knock it back have a unhappy/very unhappy player who can sign a pre contract agreement in January.

Still think we may get Moult even if it's a case of Storie & or Storie being a makeweight.

Jupiter
07-07-2017, 01:57 PM
Blimey, we're really scraping the barrel with this guy.

Feck_the_Huns
07-07-2017, 03:14 PM
Fair enough

Hopefully we get a centre half and left winger in soon too. Then squad would be set

We would be, as long as they are not loanees, not on one yr contracts and guys in their mid 20s

RedStarTorphins
07-07-2017, 03:17 PM
We would be, as long as they are not loanees, not on one yr contracts and guys in their mid 20s

Agree
No more loans or 1 year deals
FFS about 8 of the starting X1 would/could be leaving next summer if that were the case
some longer term planning required.

Jussi
07-07-2017, 03:51 PM
hope it's not turning into panic buying

The_Verninator
07-07-2017, 03:53 PM
It's a bit of the - see the name...?...wiki search...ho hum hmmm maybe eye maybe no...ok we'll see signing.

Would have much preferred May so let's see but you know

A whatever signing

irnbru1903
07-07-2017, 04:05 PM
Signings like this will not be persuading any undecided possible season ticket buyers to part with their cash that is for sure. But we might still get Maloney is the hope ... what is the point if he can't play. As I have said before DM is firefighting at the moment and getting deeper in the sh*t despite the false promises from the grand failure Stuart Milne.

RedStarTorphins
07-07-2017, 04:18 PM
Signings like this will not be persuading any undecided possible season ticket buyers to part with their cash that is for sure. But we might still get Maloney is the hope ... what is the point if he can't play. As I have said before DM is firefighting at the moment and getting deeper in the sh*t despite the false promises from the grand failure Stuart Milne.

Aye, doesn't look like he'll be getting much of the Jonny Hayes transfer money.
We'll see who else comes in.
I fully expect it to be low League English based players such as today.

Pacman1903
07-07-2017, 04:23 PM
At the end of the day we are Aberdeen and wont be signing big names. We arent rich and arent using EBTs so Nicky Maynard, a 34 year old Maloney, possibly 34 year old Arnason is our market

87kilos
07-07-2017, 04:32 PM

Having listened to the interview with McInnes on red TV I think there is a general admiration for Maynard from McInnes. Sounds like he's confident that he can do a job.

McInnes wouldn't have committed himself to Aberdeen again without assurances being put in place therefore I'm sure that the "false promises" you are concerned about will not be realised.

We don't know what offer was put to McInnes whether it was transfer fees or just an increase in his wage budget to ensure we can sign two or three extra players to boost the squad.

Still got plenty of transfer window time to make.signings.

sheepcrooky
07-07-2017, 04:57 PM
Well welcome to AFC Maynard. Please let us write good things about you loon.

rico94
07-07-2017, 05:17 PM
Aye, doesn't look like he'll be getting much of the Jonny Hayes transfer money.
We'll see who else comes in.
I fully expect it to be low League English based players such as today.

Seems to me

Plan A Boyce which was never gonna happen if an English club wanted him

Plan B May we dithered about too much and their manager wants to keep him

Plan C offer 250k for Moult,it got rejected so that's the end of that.

Plan D sign Maynard with the hope we can help him discover his Bristol City form,can't see it as that was 6 or 7 years ago before the injuries

Meanwhile I wonder what's happening with the 1.3m we got for Hayes?

Bridieeater
07-07-2017, 05:38 PM
Oh my god, I think I will go slit the wrists after reading some of the comments on here.

Why some of you bother supporting AFC when the negativity reeking from you lot is astonishing. Don't you lot realise that many players won't make decisions on there futures for ages as the transfer window is open till August.

RED_JOHN
07-07-2017, 05:42 PM
You have to give him a chance but ffs it reeks of desperation. One year deal sounds like even DM isn't that keen.

I agree with you and although I will give him a chance I would much rather our club signed Stevie May. He is fit now and was available for £400,000. We will not spend money for our top targets unless we have their clubs excepting our cut price offers.

rico94
07-07-2017, 05:54 PM
Oh my god, I think I will go slit the wrists after reading some of the comments on here.

Why some of you bother supporting AFC when the negativity reeking from you lot is astonishing. Don't you lot realise that many players won't make decisions on there futures for ages as the transfer window is open till August.

You have to remember we have just lost our 2 most creative players Hayes and McGinn,we were told that they would be replaced with the same quality of players,not necessarily the same position McInnes said but the same quality .Sorry but Nicky Maynard is not the same quality as those 2.

You are right there is still a month and a half to go but I just get the feeling any more signings we make will be similar to Maynard,not good enough imo.

Whether people were a fan of McGinn and Hayes or weren't if these guys were on form we would be more likely to win.If they weren't we usually struggled to score never mind win.

Pacman1903
07-07-2017, 05:54 PM
Scotty Murray at Bristol City says he wil bang them in up here. Thats a given. But he has to stay fit. Says hes is a great finisher

As i said earlier i think he will do alright

Hairdrier
07-07-2017, 05:59 PM
Hardly an inspiring signing. Maynard has an equivalent strike rate to Pawlett who moved in the opposite direction to MK Dons.

So a like for like I suppose?

irnbru1903
07-07-2017, 06:07 PM
Scotty Murray at Bristol City says he wil bang them in up here. Thats a given. But he has to stay fit. Says hes is a great finisher

As i said earlier i think he will do alright

I hope so but people that say stuff like that are invariably wrong. Perhaps five years or so ago but his finishing prowess has not been very evident in recent years. Maybe in the diddy SPL though as it is so easy for everyone from the sky funded leagues.

Exiledhighlander
07-07-2017, 06:11 PM
Hardly an inspiring signing. Maynard has an equivalent strike rate to Pawlett who moved in the opposite direction to MK Dons.

So a like for like I suppose?
Pawlett goals/games ratio 9%. Maynard 30% Rooney 39%. Closer to Rooney that Pawlett. For reference Harper was 54%!!

Don_Corleone
07-07-2017, 06:23 PM
i said on another thread the other day that we'd probably sign a couple of squad fillers before we sign a couple of exciting players. I think that's what this guy is, a squad player who can give Rooney a bit more competition than the likes of Stockley who's a bit one dimensional and storey who's probably more suited the the wide areas.

Still expect us to make another underwhelming squad player signing or two and also bring in a central defender and wide player for starting line up.

Hairdrier
07-07-2017, 07:14 PM
Pawlett goals/games ratio 9%. Maynard 30% Rooney 39%. Closer to Rooney that Pawlett. For reference Harper was 54%!!

Don't be bringing King Joey into a discussion about the strike rate of some nonentity from the English lower leagues.
Show some respect.

:D

Aldo1983
07-07-2017, 07:22 PM
Don't be bringing King Joey into a discussion about the strike rate of some nonentity from the English lower leagues.
Show some respect.:D

rico94
07-07-2017, 10:03 PM
Two more players to come in today, according to Steffani Dailly

Looks like Steffani was wrong.

Feck_the_Huns
07-07-2017, 10:16 PM
Looks like Steffani was wrong.

Aye, would appear so.

Maybe Gwen would have been a better bet?

I've no doubt that stuff was going on behind the scenes tonight but for whatever reason, we've ****ed up

Pacman1903
07-07-2017, 10:20 PM
Aye, would appear so.

I've no doubt that stuff was going on behind the scenes tonight but for whatever reason, we've ****ed up

Or we haven't heard yet.

Big breakage of the rules FTH min

NewOrleansRed
07-07-2017, 10:35 PM
Aye, would appear so.

We're really not catching a break this window. Between the bull**** with Maloney and May not to mention the failed bids for players I'm starting to lean towards those that think we're making an arse of it. Maynard might be a cracking signing though.

Feck_the_Huns
07-07-2017, 11:06 PM
We're really not catching a break this window. Between the bull**** with Maloney and May not to mention the failed bids for players I'm starting to lean towards those that think we're making an arse of it. Maynard might be a cracking signing though.

Well, we made what I thought was a total cnut of last summer's window, when taking in the likes of Stockley/Morris/Burns/Storey and yet we had a very consistent season, so who knows?

And, still about 7 weeks left of the transfer window left.

However, I just think we've been left standing a wee bit this summer. The Sunderland sh1te didn't help, BUT, it looks like we knew about Hayes's departure since way before the Cup Final so we knew that money was available to spend and yet here we are, and can't give any of it away

torry_battery_ram
07-07-2017, 11:11 PM
Well, we made what I thought was a total cnut of last summer's window, when taking in the likes of Stockley/Morris/Burns/Storey and yet we had a very consistent season, so who knows?

However, I just think we've been left standing a wee bit this summer. The Sunderland sh1te didn't help, BUT, it looks like we knew about Hayes's departure since way before the Cup Final so we knew that money was available to spend and yet here we are, and can't give any of it away

Maybe clubs push the price up as they are aware we have cash to spend after selling Hayes?

rico94
07-07-2017, 11:27 PM

Big difference this summer though,last summer we were told we were "tooling up "this summer we have lost 2 key players and have still to replace them.

Milne has went to the effort of keeping McInnes and made the statement of he wil back him but I have yet to see it.Two loan signings and a free transfer from league 1 is not backing the manager when there is 1.3m in the bank,neither is putting 200-300k offers for McInnes targets and expecting us to think "ah well at least we tried "

Him and his cronies had a dig at us for not being able to sell as much season tickets as Hibs and Hearts,well it's gonna be less next season if he is not careful.

RED_JOHN
08-07-2017, 07:35 AM
Big difference this summer though,last summer we were told we were "tooling up "this summer we have lost 2 key players and have still to replace them.

Milne has went to the effort of keeping McInnes and made the statement of he wil back him but I have yet to see it.Two loan signings and a free transfer from league 1 is not backing the manager when there is 1.3m in the bank,neither is putting 200-300k offers for McInnes targets and expecting us to think "ah well at least we tried "

Him and his cronies had a dig at us for not being able to sell as much season tickets as Hibs and Hearts,well it's gonna be less next season if he is not careful.

This is the transfer window that the club genuinely needed to perceive as been doing a bit of tooling up. We need players in that are quality (that we can afford). Let's hope that Nicky Maynard comes to life at Aberdeen as he has been in a slumber for quite a few years... He will be given a good chance to resurrect his career.
As for Milne and his cronies, they must be on holiday and can't get access to the funds required to back their manager during his pursuit of top targets...or they have just said to themselves that no way are we paying a transfer fee that a target players club want...bargains only just incase they flop.

Feck_the_Huns
08-07-2017, 08:03 AM
This is the transfer window that the club genuinely needed to perceive as been doing a bit of tooling up. We need players in that are quality (that we can afford). Let's hope that Nicky Maynard comes to life at Aberdeen as he has been in a slumber for quite a few years... He will be given a good chance to resurrect his career.
As for Milne and his cronies, they must be on holiday and can't get access to the funds required to back their manager during his pursuit of top targets...or they have just said to themselves that no way are we paying a transfer fee that a target players club want...bargains only just incase they flop.

Have Jamie Walker and Sam Nicolson got sorted out with new clubs yet.

Bridieeater
08-07-2017, 09:03 AM

Wtf? Aren't the club actively trying to get the targets that DM wanted? Have you any idea how deals are reached? The board have a duty to get value for money and as far as I can see that is what they are doing. The loan of Greg stewart is costing a heck of a lot of money and we tried to buy Christie which wasn't going to happen. We would already have signed May had the management not changed and have signed a player that DM had identified as wanting at the club. Moult will be signed next week and I'm sure he has his eyes on centre half. What is the problem..?

rico94
08-07-2017, 09:51 AM
Wtf? Aren't the club actively trying to get the targets that DM wanted? Have you any idea how deals are reached? The board have a duty to get value for money and as far as I can see that is what they are doing. The loan of Greg stewart is costing a heck of a lot of money and we tried to buy Christie which wasn't going to happen. We would already have signed May had the management not changed and have signed a player that DM had identified as wanting at the club. Moult will be signed next week and I'm sure he has his eyes on centre half. What is the problem..?

I would love to be proven wrong but can't see it.

I don't think we will sign Moult or anyone for a transfer fee.

I think we will end up with a couple more free transfers from the lower leagues of England and possibly 1 or 2 more loans.

GGMDONS
08-07-2017, 10:06 AM

We were needing these players in by last night, especially a centre half.

Even if we sign a wildcard he will not have much time to get use to his teammates before Thursday night

87kilos
08-07-2017, 10:15 AM

Leave manic depressives like Rico to his world of doom and gloom. Some people are not happy unless they're moaning about everything AFC related.

Maynard actually has a better pedigree than both May and Boyce. Could be a very astute signing.

Players and clubs are never in a huge rush at this time of year to sell or commit. Selling clubs want to ensure that they get the best deal and also that they can get in the replacement (s) they need/want. Players will dither about "just in case" they can pick up a better offer elsewhere. Early stage transfer window is a bit like a game of chess until teams and players become desperate as they need to sign or move players on.

rico94
08-07-2017, 11:32 AM
Leave manic depressives like Rico to his world of doom and gloom. Some people are not happy unless they're moaning about everything AFC related.

Maynard actually has a better pedigree than both May and Boyce. Could be a very astute signing.

Players and clubs are never in a huge rush at this time of year to sell or commit. Selling clubs want to ensure that they get the best deal and also that they can get in the replacement (s) they need/want. Players will dither about "just in case" they can pick up a better offer elsewhere. Early stage transfer window is a bit like a game of chess until teams and players become desperate as they need to sign or move players on.

He's got a better pedigree than May and Boyce?

Aye about 7 years ago,he scored 2 goals last season that's some pedigree.

What a pile of shyte you speak im sure you are a member of the board,you certainly are as deluded as they are XD

87kilos
08-07-2017, 01:08 PM
He's got a better pedigree than May and Boyce?

Aye about 7 years ago,he scored 2 goals last season that's some pedigree.

What a pile of shyte you speak im sure you are a member of the board,you certainly are as deluded as they are XD

Does that wee happy face mean you've had your Prozac for today?

thebeachend
08-07-2017, 01:11 PM
well said Bridie

rico94
08-07-2017, 01:36 PM
Does that wee happy face mean you've had your Prozac for today?

Nice come back,you can't think of a response to Maynard is better than May and Boyce I take?

I don't need Prozac min I'm just unimpressed with the lack of quality signings so far.

I think you will find the are many dourer people on here than me,if we win for example I'm always happy.Some folk still come on here and moan that "McGinn was shyte" or "McLean done feck all" who cares we won.

The worst ones were the league cup semi final in 2014 we won 4-0 and somebody posted the next day "McGinn needs a kick up the erse"
and the semi final against Hibs this year loads of folk were moaning we let a 2 goal lead slip,again who cares we won.

Aldo1983
08-07-2017, 01:58 PM
I would love to be proven wrong but can't see it.

I don't think we will sign Moult or anyone for a transfer fee.

I think we will end up with a couple more free transfers from the lower leagues of England and possibly 1 or 2 more loans.

To be fair if there is an issue with the board signing players then I'm sure DM would say something or he would have left already. He does seem to go for people we predict he will and it usually takes time for us to get them.

We don't have £1.3m in the bank either.

May would have signed if it wasn't for a change of manager.

Boyce knocked us back.

Moult will likely sign depending on transfer fee which makes me think Maynard was a chance buy rather than a desperate one I first thought it was.

Maloney would have signed and may still sign unless he retires.

We will see how the centre half thing goes though.

rico94
08-07-2017, 02:17 PM
To be fair if there is an issue with the board signing players then I'm sure DM would say something or he would have left already. He does seem to go for people we predict he will and it usually takes time for us to get them.

We don't have £1.3m in the bank either.

May would have signed if it wasn't for a change of manager.

Boyce knocked us back.

Moult will likely sign depending on transfer fee which makes me think Maynard was a chance buy rather than a desperate one I first thought it was.

Maloney would have signed and may still sign unless he retires.

We will see how the centre half thing goes though.

I hope we have 1.3 m in the bank where else would it be.

If we never dithered about and offered 400k for May last week he would be here already and I wouldn't have had to take my Prozac as the fat lad said.

Maloney isn't our fault there was nothing we could do about that and Boyce like you said was never going to come here over England,that was just a token gesture.

Aldo1983
08-07-2017, 05:36 PM
I hope we have 1.3 m in the bank where else would it be.

If we never dithered about and offered 400k for May last week he would be here already and I wouldn't have had to take my Prozac as the fat lad said.

Maloney isn't our fault there was nothing we could do about that and Boyce like you said was never going to come here over England,that was just a token gesture.

When you read that it's a sensational super duper mega funtime £1.3m deal it will likely be in installments.

When you read about transfers it's mostly made up for Sky, the taxman and ****age laddies that support whoever is the flavour of the month.

As for May, we almost had him. They have a new manager that happened to play with him. Bad luck.

The only dithering was when DM decided to talk with Sunderland.

rico94
08-07-2017, 06:12 PM
When you read that it's a sensational super duper mega funtime £1.3m deal it will likely be in installments.

When you read about transfers it's mostly made up for Sky, the taxman and ****age laddies that support whoever is the flavour of the month.

As for May, we almost had him. They have a new manager that happened to play with him. Bad luck.

The only dithering was when DM decided to talk with Sunderland.

Most transfers are paid in instalments aldo I'm sure if we offered 400k for May it would have been in instalments.

We did dither on that transfer,yes it was unlucky because they appointed his former teammate as their manager but we generally haven't been good at these sort of transfers under Milne.

Free transfers,bosmans and players that clubs no longer want are fine but when a club is not fussed about selling it usually ends up with us not getting the player.

Aldo1983
08-07-2017, 06:55 PM
Most transfers are paid in instalments aldo I'm sure if we offered 400k for May it would have been in instalments.

We did dither on that transfer,yes it was unlucky because they appointed his former teammate as their manager but we generally haven't been good at these sort of transfers under Milne.

Free transfers,bosmans and players that clubs no longer want are fine but when a club is not fussed about selling it usually ends up with us not getting the player.

So there won't be £1.3m sitting in a BOS Super Squirrel account then?

rico94
08-07-2017, 07:18 PM
So there won't be £1.3m sitting in a BOS Super Squirrel account then?

We are still going to get it are we,Cormacks supposedly invested a seven figure sum as well so what's the problem with spending 400k on a player?

Feck_the_Huns
08-07-2017, 08:21 PM

No pace in the wide areas

Bridieeater
08-07-2017, 08:43 PM
No pace in the wide areas

Thought everyone was wanting to see wright playing? What about giving storey a chance on the left?

JuanFatche
08-07-2017, 09:08 PM
You have to remember we have just lost our 2 most creative players Hayes and McGinn,we were told that they would be replaced with the same quality of players,not necessarily the same position McInnes said but the same quality .Sorry but Nicky Maynard is not the same quality as those 2.

You are right there is still a month and a half to go but I just get the feeling any more signings we make will be similar to Maynard,not good enough imo.

Whether people were a fan of McGinn and Hayes or weren't if these guys were on form we would be more likely to win.If they weren't we usually struggled to score never mind win.

Let's be honest son, you know feck all about Maynard. How about looking at it like this, if it pays off it's a great deal, if it doesn't, we've lost zilch. Your negativity is actually disgusting.

Also, your 'feeling' isn't really relevant in any way whatsoever.

rico94
08-07-2017, 10:03 PM
Let's be honest son, you know feck all about Maynard. How about looking at it like this, if it pays off it's a great deal, if it doesn't, we've lost zilch. Your negativity is actually disgusting.

Also, your 'feeling' isn't really relevant in any way whatsoever.

XD First of all I'm not your son,second of all I already said I would give Maynard a chance but 2 goals in 34 games last season doesn't fill me with confidence,if he turns out to be a success I will gladly hold my hands up and say I was wrong.Third of all this negativity I'm being tarnished with by you new boys you should look back on posts for the last few years,I've been sticking up for McInnes,McGinn,McLean etc when people on here have been posting negative posts about them even when we have won a cup,finished second for 3 years in a row and got to another 2 finals.

Also if you want to quote someone use the " not the '

rico94
09-07-2017, 09:19 AM
Rico negative? Havers. I can vouch for him being more akin to a happy clapper (:P) than a doom n gloomer.
Guy generally backs the club, manager and players to the hilt.
I know as he's had a few goes at me for being negative in the past ;D

That's nice of you to say that obi :)

Maybe ive been posting on here too long and started to become negative as well :P

afc1903mad
09-07-2017, 09:25 AM
That's nice of you to say that obi :)

Maybe ive been posting on here too long and started to become negative as well :P

As an outsider to this discussion, you have come across negatively this window.
Let's hope we get off to a cracking start on Thursday and regain your positiveness.

Pacman1903
09-07-2017, 10:00 AM
This place is a f@cking hive of negativity. Its what keeps it going

neilthedon
09-07-2017, 11:45 AM
We are still going to get it are we,Cormacks supposedly invested a seven figure sum as well so what's the problem with spending 400k on a player?

I'd have thought Cormack's investment would have been in buying a million quids worth of shares ?

Probably fromMilne's stash ?

So , it wouldn't really be cash to invest . Just a slight shift in the balance of power within the Cllub. And Milne gets to rback some of the millions he's invested over the decades.

Or am I being unfair to both parties ??

RED_JOHN
09-07-2017, 12:16 PM
This place is a f@cking hive of negativity. Its what keeps it going

Very close to the truth pal.

RED_JOHN
09-07-2017, 12:23 PM
I'd have thought Cormack's investment would have been in buying a million quids worth of shares ?

Probably fromMilne's stash ?

So , it wouldn't really be cash to invest . Just a slight shift in the balance of power within the Cllub. And Milne gets to rback some of the millions he's invested over the decades.

Or am I being unfair to both parties ??

Milne would have invested money...Maybe 2 or 3 million but nothing more. Any money spent went on the clubs books. He made a mess of it and got bailed out.
(a bit negativity there...but true all the same)

VapourTrail
09-07-2017, 01:43 PM
Good finish at St.Andrews, today. Unlucky with another off the underside of bar.

Looked lively and different from our other striking options in the 20 mins or so he was on.

Started through the middle with Rooney wide and then went wide when Stockley came on.

sonofrgmsdad
09-07-2017, 01:59 PM
Good finish at St.Andrews, today. Unlucky with another off the underside of bar.

Looked lively and different from our other striking options in the 20 mins or so he was on.

Started through the middle with Rooney wide and then went wide when Stockley came on.

What was the score? Who played etc? Don't leave us dangling like that.

VapourTrail
09-07-2017, 02:12 PM
What was the score? Who played etc? Don't leave us dangling like that.

It was either 2 or 3 nil. Didn't find it until half time and nobody we spoke to was certain of score, other than Rooney had scored.

Maynard scored from edge of box right on final whistle. Good strike.

Looked same team that started at St Johnstone bar storey for Stewart.

Doncaster were poor from what I saw, should have been four or five in second half alone.

Think perhaps a trialist came on at centre half, as nobody seemed to recognise him.

Pacman1903
09-07-2017, 02:18 PM

Surely not. I heard he was sh@t

neilthedon
09-07-2017, 02:50 PM
Milne would have invested money...Maybe 2 or 3 million but nothing more. Any money spent went on the clubs books. He made a mess of it and got bailed out.
(a bit negativity there...but true all the same)

What Iwas saying was that Cormacks investment MAY not be available to the Club to spend.

That would be if he had actually bought some of Milne's shares. .?

If it was a new issue , then dine .

Anyone know. ??

BTM Aberdeen Podcast
09-07-2017, 03:06 PM
It's a new issue of shares, money into the club.

neilthedon
09-07-2017, 03:28 PM
It's a new issue of shares, money into the club.

Ah, god newa them. Thanks for that info.

Right then Come on Ons, let's spend spend spend !!!

( ; in a positive manner )

RED_JOHN
09-07-2017, 06:07 PM
Ah, god newa them. Thanks for that info.

Right then Come on Ons, let's spend spend spend !!!

( ; in a positive manner )

Here here

ILikeJam
10-07-2017, 09:20 AM

So it's 1 from 1 then? 100% record - this boy's going to be f*cking immense!

Welcome to Pittodrie King Nicky

Pacman1903
10-07-2017, 09:28 AM
I genuinely have a good feeling about him.

Jussi
10-07-2017, 11:12 AM
It seems strange just a 1 year contract.

If he turns out a good signing , we'll loose him at the end of season.

It looks therefore like a gamble; After failing to recruit our preferred target(s).

Possible we get lucky & acquire a decent goalscorer - for a season anyway.

afc1903mad
10-07-2017, 11:32 AM
It seems strange just a 1 year contract.

If he turns out a good signing , we'll loose him at the end of season.

It looks therefore like a gamble; After failing to recruit our preferred target(s).

Possible we get lucky & acquire a decent goalscorer - for a season anyway.

Its a reflection of where we are and his career stalling.
1 year gives him an opportunity to resurrect his career whilst we assess if he can do it.
If he gets off to a flyer, nothing stopping us talking about extending, even a few months into the deal.

1 year also covers us till the next summer window, where other players contracts run out (May and Moult if not signed before then), or possibly other options

awa_ye_reds
10-07-2017, 02:38 PM
Just in case Maynard turns out to be a decent signing (which I'm fairly optimistic about despite not knowing anything of him previously) and because we've lost a couple of plaars we had decent songs for:
(to a tune similar to I support the Aberdeen & I can drive a tractor)

Nicky's got the sweeties and Rooney's got the charlie,
We're havin a party, we're Aberdeen's Red Army!

Too based on Adam Rooney's havin a party maybe, I'll get my coat...

Stavros39
07-08-2017, 01:48 AM
Was really impressed with Maynard though wright was even more impressive, on maynard I think he could get between 10-14 goals with some assists. Here's hoping

Pacman1903
07-08-2017, 05:53 AM
If he gets a decent run he we score a few. Im sure of that

Hope so anyway

vasilyrats86
07-08-2017, 09:22 AM
Was really impressed with Maynard though wright was even more impressive, on maynard I think he could get between 10-14 goals with some assists. Here's hoping

I agree looks like he can dae a job and has a decent engine on him. Couple of goals and his confidence will shoot up

Pacman1903
07-08-2017, 09:25 AM
I agree looks like he can dae a job and has a decent engine on him. Couple of goals and his confidence will shoot up

Shame that een didn't go in yesterday. Would have been a decent boost

awafaehame
07-08-2017, 09:29 AM

Maybe i am in the minority here, but I thought he wasn't that great yesterday. Thought he was wasteful with the chances he got. Hope he improves, but wasn't impressed with what I saw.

ILikeJam
07-08-2017, 09:37 AM

Aye it is a shame it didn't go in, however he had the chance to bury it and was too timid. Hope he's able to draw confidence from getting into the position and not dwell on a wasted opportunity.

blowupsheep
07-08-2017, 09:52 AM
Maybe i am in the minority here, but I thought he wasn't that great yesterday. Thought he was wasteful with the chances he got. Hope he improves, but wasn't impressed with what I saw.

I'm with you on this one awafaehame maybe it's a UAE thing B)
I'm going to swim against the tide here and say up till now with what little we have seen I am nae impressed, thought he ran about a lot yesterday but basically achieved nowt, the chance he did get on the end of should have been buried but he was too weak and I think he lacked awareness of the defender coming in that blocked it....... just nae sure if he can cut the mustard sort of speak or not, the blowupsheep jury is still out on this one

SF

Jussi
07-08-2017, 10:31 AM
He has the the tactical wherewithal to be, or to speedily get into the right positions.

He made the same mistake with both attempts.

That is, he didn't just whack it. whack it good.
it was a kind of awkward pass to latch onto first half though.

people will attribute that to 'confidence'

which is another way of saying let the instinctive mind do it, & not 'think' about it.

PittodriePile
07-08-2017, 12:52 PM
The through ball to McLean last week v Limassol was the only good thing we did over there. I can see him doing well. Same thing happened with McLean, written off before he had the chance to settle in.

fatshaft
07-08-2017, 12:56 PM

I'd say he's much improved on the two home games so far. Maybe could have done better with the one on one, but no doubt for me that he was a yard sharper and quicker than he'd been. Signs of hope there for me now.

Rochead
07-08-2017, 02:26 PM
I'd say he's much improved on the two home games so far. Maybe could have done better with the one on one, but no doubt for me that he was a yard sharper and quicker than he'd been. Signs of hope there for me now.

I agree, definite signs of improvement, hopefully a few more games will see further improvement.

foreveradon
07-08-2017, 03:26 PM
Early days I know but certainly haven't seen anything from him yet to get excited about
And if you consider he's probably has had more of a chance than storey has had

irnbru1903
07-08-2017, 03:49 PM
Every game that goes by without him scoring will make the goals smaller for him. I would love a 15-20 goal striker to be challenging Rooney but have seen nothing to indicate that Maynard won't be added to the long list of also rans. I believe he will get every opportunity though because DM does like to persist with the players he rates no matter how successful they are. As has been said DM obviously does not rate Storey which begs the question why is he still here?

Don_Corleone
07-08-2017, 10:46 PM
Much prefer Maynard to Stockley and he's probably also more mobile than Rooney and will therefore contribute more to general play than Rooney will. Rooney has the nack of being in the right place at right time and is generally a good finisher.

I can't see Stockley getting many starts this season, so guess McInnes might rotate between Rooney and Maynard up front - although I wonder if Storey might get a wee run at CF - if he gets his confidence back he might just be the ideal centre forward for us.

sheepcrooky
07-08-2017, 10:58 PM
Maynard has definitely got a football brain on him. Whether he has lost his pace and confidence though is very likely. I would stick with him for a while at least.

NaeMairNeeps
08-08-2017, 01:17 AM
On a positive note regardin strikers .... and pertainin tae confidence ... Rooney's will be fkn sky high noo havin checked the alternatives :D ... stick him on as soon as he's fit ..... f**k it ... left back if necessary ... he might still nod one in :D