PDA

View Full Version : Walters in...

The Bedlington Terrier
07-07-2017, 04:41 PM
I think this is really shrewd business.

Jon is strong, fit, proven and links up with his Eire teammates.

Good stuff...

thedonz
07-07-2017, 05:03 PM
The perfect fit. Years of Premier League experience and while not a prolific goalscorer , he knows where the net is and will be a handful for opposition teams.

Despite his age , I wouldn't put him in the category of a player happy to see out the rest of his career. He will be hungry for games and more international caps .

Supersub6
07-07-2017, 05:10 PM
The perfect fit. Years of Premier League experience and while not a prolific goalscorer , he knows where the net is and will be a handful for opposition teams.

Despite his age , I wouldn't put him in the category of a player happy to see out the rest of his career. He will be hungry for games and more international caps .

I agree totally donz. He has a good chance of playing in the World Cup Finals next year, having played in all 8 international games last season so he will want to be playing as much as possible.
He will be a big influence in our squad with a wealth of experience to share with the other players.

nutsinmay
07-07-2017, 05:40 PM
I've always liked Walters because he always seems to be looking for a goal.

Looks like he's lost a bit of weight, too.

sinkov
07-07-2017, 06:07 PM
I'll keep it unanimous, this is one very good signing. He'll do for me.

Primitive
07-07-2017, 07:41 PM
Yep. Super signing. Well done SD and MG.

The Bedlington Terrier
07-07-2017, 07:52 PM
Might seem far fetched but here we go...

thedonz
07-07-2017, 08:42 PM
So that's the third long. Through your earpiece BT?

Norder
07-07-2017, 10:32 PM

Walters in...

...been solid for Stoke over the years, and well liked for it....for 3mil - he's a hard worker and can fill in around the field.

...seems that many at stoke are sad to see him go...something akin to seeing an old reliable car with all the memories it carried - sold on - the word is - he was perhaps likely to be spending more time on the bench than on the field so wanted the shift.

can only but wait and see where he fits in...what he can do, but am not expecting miracles....as I guess the move was either to us or the Championship.

Anyway.....Welcome to him.

:)

In Dyche We Trust
10-07-2017, 07:18 AM
He's not for me- and why he gets a 2 year deal ahead of Boyd, I cannot fathom out. SD must have another striker up his sleeve as this old guy wont be starting many games this season or the next. Lets hope the Forest kid is on his way, he's quick at least if a little short on PL experience.

The Bedlington Terrier
10-07-2017, 08:08 AM
He's not for me- and why he gets a 2 year deal ahead of Boyd, I cannot fathom out. SD must have another striker up his sleeve as this old guy wont be starting many games this season or the next. Lets hope the Forest kid is on his way, he's quick at least if a little short on PL experience.

I'm pretty sure SD will have listened to all of the Irish lads at our club regarding Jon's fitness and prowess. Same goes for Glenn Whelan!

I remember when we brought in Graham Alexander from Preston, at the time I thought "OMG!". It turned out he was probably the most influential signing we have ever made and he would be playing now if we let him!

In Dyche We Trust
10-07-2017, 11:58 AM
I agree with you there TBT on Alexander- but we are in the PL now and need some players in who will be with us for more than 2 years or so. Having said that, we wont be in for many younger extablished PL players as we wont pay their huge wages, so I guess we are cutting our cloth accordingly.

Still dont think Walters is the man to score a hatfull of goals for us- doubt if he will get more than Gray did last season for us.

The Bedlington Terrier
10-07-2017, 04:16 PM
The wages I was quoted by a "reliable source" for Corky suggests we will pay "huge wages"!