PDA

View Full Version : gareth barry ffs?

WBA53
08-07-2017, 10:26 PM
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/west-brom-manager-tony-pulis-10761727
an over the bonk poor mans Robson,no no and no again :blue: hope its just red top carp

Q165
09-07-2017, 07:01 AM
At 36 he would be a spring chicken

phild
09-07-2017, 07:24 AM
Here is another player we should take a serious look at, defo as a sub impact player in the mould of a Kevin Phillips perhaps.

http://tinyurl.com/ycz3x8ac

wbatillidie
09-07-2017, 09:27 AM
Here is another player we should take a serious look at, defo as a sub impact player in the mould of a Kevin Phillips perhaps.

http://tinyurl.com/ycz3x8ac

Yeah looks a good shout, if we could get him on pay as you play deal we could save a fortune.

Dubbag
09-07-2017, 01:21 PM
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/west-brom-manager-tony-pulis-10761727
an over the bonk poor mans Robson,no no and no again :blue: hope its just red top carp

Dont worry 53....Burnely are also looking......so they'll get him before us...thankfully.....

WBA53
09-07-2017, 01:39 PM
Dont worry 53....Burnely are also looking......so they'll get him before us...thankfully.....
fingers toes crossed hopefully

mickd1961
09-07-2017, 02:46 PM
West Ham and Stoke showing no interest yet then?

Major surprise.

baggieal
09-07-2017, 09:56 PM
West Ham and Stoke showing no interest yet then?

Major surprise.

You could run faster than Barry Mick! We have splashed a load of cash on one platinum signing so now it's has beens, lower divisions, talking the talk, and loans, big wages off the pay role, and if your really lucky another naff scarf from Lai or a pair of feckin chop sticks!

Albionic68
10-07-2017, 10:28 AM
The club may do well to invest in the manufacture and sale of adult nappies as opposed to new players judging from the amount of bed wetting that occurs on this site :) .

There's another fifty one days or so worth of speculative shyte to wade through before the window closes, and the vast majority of those rumours will have absolutely no foundation in truth whatsoever.

Taking Barry into context there's an outside chance a team playing deep may be able to eek one more season out of him.

We play deep and have a young midfielder who is continually linked with a loan move.

One plus one makes two and so the rumour begins.

Who know's, we may end up with Barry but given the above would it be that bad a thing for between now and say January?

If not then the rumour becomes legitimised.

There's another Everton midfielder by the name of James McCarthy whom we were heavily linked with towards the end of last season.

This one has gone rather quiet, for now.

Roll on August 31st ............... ;D .

mickd1961
10-07-2017, 12:04 PM
Everybody gets sucked into this "August 31st" b o l l I o x every year.

The season starts nearly three weeks before that date in which time three matches out of just 38 have been played so that's nearly 8% of your season wasted.

It then takes six weeks for a Pulis signing to get "up to speed" or to be found out to be a waste of time and money like MacManaman and Gnabry/Galloway etc.

Sign the f kin players in the summer,give them a pre season FFS and stop all this p I s s I n g about every year and falling into SKY's trap of 31 st August.

I've already bought my stock for winter and Xmas sales and I'm now planning next summer....what the f e c k is wrong with football!!?

Albionic68
10-07-2017, 01:54 PM
Everybody gets sucked into this "August 31st" b o l l I o x every year.

The season starts nearly three weeks before that date in which time three matches out of just 38 have been played so that's nearly 8% of your season wasted.

It then takes six weeks for a Pulis signing to get "up to speed" or to be found out to be a waste of time and money like MacManaman and Gnabry/Galloway etc.

Sign the f kin players in the summer,give them a pre season FFS and stop all this p I s s I n g about every year and falling into SKY's trap of 31 st August.

I've already bought my stock for winter and Xmas sales and I'm now planning next summer....what the f e c k is wrong with football!!?

I’m aware of when the season starts in relation to the window but cheers for the reminder as they’re always useful :) .

Not being taken in at all and agree it’s preferable to land signings early but there’s still a lot of posturing to be done yet Mick.

Then we’ll have the ongoing ‘monitoring’, the ‘deciding’, the ‘negotiating’ and the ‘signing’ or the ‘he’s not coming’.

Infuriating as this can be it probably won’t change so I’m not going to fret over it.

The rumour mill will churn out more b@ll@cks than a gelding vet between now and whenever.

If others wish to get into the same lather season after season then so be it.

We were labelled as a pathetic club the other day.

Our club is not pathetic.

We are however extremely parsimonious, careful, tight etc-delete as appropriate.

I’ll react as and when there is something to react to.

Them’s my onions anyway.

All of the very best regarding Stourbridge Town this coming season B) .

holmleighchris
10-07-2017, 04:42 PM
The one point of Mick's that you haven't addressed is the most important one: the six weeks a Pulis player needs to get up to speed.
I'm sure everything will turn out okay.

Albionic68
10-07-2017, 05:24 PM
The one point of Mick's that you haven't addressed is the most important one: the six weeks a Pulis player needs to get up to speed.

I didn't address the point because I felt there was a pretty obvious explanation to it.

Did Chadli need six weeks to get up to speed fitness wise when he signed?

No, because he'd had a pre season with his parent club; as he's not in Austria we'll just have to wait and see regarding his fitness this time around.

I wonder whether other players go through pre season with their respective clubs?

Of course they do, especially if they're part of their respective club's future plans.

Players who are part of a club's future plans cost more though.

Hence our club's parsimonious approach to transfers and reported interest in Marc Wilson, who is not currently involved with Bournemouth's pre season camp.

The bonus here is that Pulis will already be aware of Wilson's strengths and limitations, and Wilson will be aware of Pulis's requirements.

This should reduce the chances regarding any culture shock on his behalf.

Do I think Wilson should have already been signed?

Absolutely.

mickd1961
10-07-2017, 05:43 PM

I did mention it you dithering old tool :-)

holmleighchris
11-07-2017, 05:54 AM
I did mention it you dithering old tool :-)

Of course you mentioned it, it was, as I said, one of your points you crazy old crow. :rolleyes:
You are right Danny, they don't need it, but if it suits TP to say they aren't fit due to not fancying them then he will.