PDA

View Full Version : All things cricket

Pages : [1] 2

bulmer1889
09-07-2017, 04:56 PM
Ok so I know we're split on this probably 50/50 on here cricket lovers and cricket haters and the lovers have been tagging onto other threads me included so to keep things tidy let's all the lovers of cricket try and post on here then the heathens and knowsnowts can avoid it. Sound like a plan

Anyway back to the cricket moeen Ali deserved motm for a superb bowling performance in both innings as well as chipping in with a few runs as well, good start to the series let's hope they can build on it,roll on thurs

GrayBlade
09-07-2017, 05:00 PM
I've just posted the same about Ali on the (haha) 9-0 thread Bully.

Good idea mate, maybe you should pin it though?

bulmer1889
09-07-2017, 05:25 PM
Us cricketing types are well educated gray (blocky aside) and this should be well within our capabilities,blocky will follow suit like a good sheep

GrayBlade
09-07-2017, 06:51 PM
Haha. I was more thinking along the lines of out of sight out of mind, and would posters go a searching if the thread disappeared into the the bowels of the forum, but I'm sure you're right. It'll be reight.

CHIPBUTTYBLADE
09-07-2017, 06:53 PM
I like all sports even "pig throwing".

BlockD
09-07-2017, 07:18 PM
Well done to England men and women cricketers today

Joe Root,Captain of England,Sheffield United supporter

BlockD
09-07-2017, 07:19 PM
Ok so I know we're split on this probably 50/50 on here cricket lovers and cricket haters and the lovers have been tagging onto other threads me included so to keep things tidy let's all the lovers of cricket try and post on here then the heathens and knowsnowts can avoid it. Sound like a plan

Anyway back to the cricket moeen Ali deserved motm for a superb bowling performance in both innings as well as chipping in with a few runs as well, good start to the series let's hope they can build on it,roll on thurs

I hope you will ban any Pigs who try and spoil things,Bully?

bulmer1889
09-07-2017, 07:25 PM
Football is banter,cricket is sacred,let them try

Wingy Blade
09-07-2017, 07:32 PM
I have tickets for both Trent Bridge and Headingly shaping up to be a good series. Need to sort numbers 2 and 3 out, our top 3 are too similar lacking a flair player to get on top of the opposition

BlockD
09-07-2017, 07:48 PM
I have tickets for both Trent Bridge and Headingly shaping up to be a good series. Need to sort numbers 2 and 3 out, our top 3 are too similar lacking a flair player to get on top of the opposition

Much as I'm biased when it comes to all things Yorkshire,I'm not sure Ballance is a Test player,hope he proves me very wrong,and Adil should play instead of Dawson for the 2nd test

bulmer1889
09-07-2017, 07:52 PM
Telling don't you think blocky that joe left rashid out of his inaugral line up,either he doesnt fancy him or he doesn't want to take too many players out of yorkshires line up

BlockD
09-07-2017, 08:16 PM
Telling don't you think blocky that joe left rashid out of his inaugral line up,either he doesnt fancy him or he doesn't want to take too many players out of yorkshires line up

Reckon it's the latter

BlockD
09-07-2017, 09:36 PM
First time today I have noticed how much Johnny now looks like his Dad,especially now he's shaved the beard off

WAWAW
09-07-2017, 09:56 PM
good result today,rabada looks a good prospect but wont be another Ntini for them.

WAWAW
09-07-2017, 10:00 PM
Well done to England men and women cricketers today

Joe Root,Captain of England,Sheffield United supporter
well done kathrine brunt.barnsley supporter and played a huge part in the win

GrayBlade
09-07-2017, 10:09 PM
First time today I have noticed how much Johnny now looks like his Dad,especially now he's shaved the beard off

He's his double.

rodcurrie
10-07-2017, 05:12 AM
When i was listenin to TMS and they bowled England out i thought it could be a close finish until Sir Geoffrey entered the commentary box and said that Sarf Africa had NO CHANCE,then i thought well Sir Geoffrey knows alot more abart cricket than i ever will do,i then sat back and listened wi gr8 delight as the wickets tumbled and Our JOE had his first victory as skipper. UTCB

Wingy Blade
10-07-2017, 07:28 AM
Much as I'm biased when it comes to all things Yorkshire,I'm not sure Ballance is a Test player,hope he proves me very wrong,and Adil should play instead of Dawson for the 2nd test

Agree on Rashid but I see they have named the same team for the second test. We need to sort out the top order coz the Aussies will expose it badly.

BlockD
10-07-2017, 07:29 AM
When i was listenin to TMS and they bowled England out i thought it could be a close finish until Sir Geoffrey entered the commentary box and said that Sarf Africa had NO CHANCE,then i thought well Sir Geoffrey knows alot more abart cricket than i ever will do,i then sat back and listened wi gr8 delight as the wickets tumbled and Our JOE had his first victory as skipper. UTCB

Same here,I thought,day and a half to get the runs,South Africa will win ,then Sir Geoffrey put me right,like you said in his inimitable style

BlockD
10-07-2017, 07:31 AM
Agree on Rashid but I see they have named the same team for the second test. We need to sort out the top order coz the Aussies will expose it badly.

To be fair,after such a convincing victory,it would have been harsh to drop anyone

SmedDUm
10-07-2017, 07:37 AM
That South African side wouldn't have won if 131 had been the target. 331 was a million miles away. That's one of the poorest Test XIs I've seen from SA, they'll need more than du Plessis coming back.

BlockD
10-07-2017, 07:42 AM
That South African side wouldn't have won if 131 had been the target. 331 was a million miles away. That's one of the poorest Test XIs I've seen from SA, they'll need more than du Plessis coming back.

Not that I care one iota,but could that be down to this alleged quota policy?

redalwaysablade
10-07-2017, 01:34 PM

Trade off Bully, Root wanted Ballance, the southern mafia, the walking wicket Dawson ???

BlockD
10-07-2017, 04:54 PM
Just for you Ronald,the great man ringing the bell to start play at Lords on Saturday

tomytony
11-07-2017, 06:27 PM
Belated congratulations to Joe on scoring the most runs ever by an England captain on debut and for marshalling his troops to a first victory as captain.

Observing from afar I wonder why Ballance was given so much stick on his return whilst Dawson was left unmentioned and unscathed?

Couldn't be southern bias could it?

Unfortunately the England obsession with all things Yorkshire is starting to take it's toll back at HQ.

Let Ballance come back , let Rashid stay with us and, if Buttler's that good then let him keep wicket and Jonny can return to give us some much needed strenth in the (stripped bare) engine room.

BTW, only seen very brief highlights but that leg side catch of JB's was excellent

rodcurrie
12-07-2017, 07:13 AM
Belated congratulations to Joe on scoring the most runs ever by an England captain on debut and for marshalling his troops to a first victory as captain.

Observing from afar I wonder why Ballance was given so much stick on his return whilst Dawson was left unmentioned and unscathed?

Couldn't be southern bias could it?

Unfortunately the England obsession with all things Yorkshire is starting to take it's toll back at HQ.

Let Ballance come back , let Rashid stay with us and, if Buttler's that good then let him keep wicket and Jonny can return to give us some much needed strenth in the (stripped bare) engine room.

BTW, only seen very brief highlights but that leg side catch of JB's was excellentAli helped our Joe's cause somewhat d'ya not agree? Our Joe was fortunate in the first innings but he's a class player/man and took advantage of his good fortune.Ballance just dunt look a international batsman to me, are ya back home or are ya still Max&Paddyin? UTCB

BlockD
12-07-2017, 07:38 AM
Away point for Yorkshire last night

tomytony
12-07-2017, 08:05 AM
Ali helped our Joe's cause somewhat d'ya not agree? Our Joe was fortunate in the first innings but he's a class player/man and took advantage of his good fortune.Ballance just dunt look a international batsman to me, are ya back home or are ya still Max&Paddyin? UTCB

Just back last night Rod, after 2400 miles through France & Spain in just over a month. Bit more used to the motorhome now and planning next summer's longer, time wise, jaunt to Aiustria, Italy & Croatia.

Few too many miles this time but we had to do them to meet up with friends in Spain.

Gary Ballance maybe a bit like Graham Hick, great county player but just off the mark test wise- still better than many though.

Ali did help Joe but, now he's the man in charge, he needs to capitalise on all the positives because, sure as eggs are eggs, he'll get plenty of stick when things aren't so good.

rodcurrie
12-07-2017, 03:23 PM
Just back last night Rod, after 2400 miles through France & Spain in just over a month. Bit more used to the motorhome now and planning next summer's longer, time wise, jaunt to Aiustria, Italy & Croatia.

Few too many miles this time but we had to do them to meet up with friends in Spain.

Gary Ballance maybe a bit like Graham Hick, great county player but just off the mark test wise- still better than many though.

Ali did help Joe but, now he's the man in charge, he needs to capitalise on all the positives because, sure as eggs are eggs, he'll get plenty of stick when things aren't so good.Did you do all the drivin TT? How long were ya on't road,3 or 4 weeks? Good to have thi back ya moanin owd git.:) UTCB

tomytony
12-07-2017, 06:40 PM
Did you do all the drivin TT? How long were ya on't road,3 or 4 weeks? Good to have thi back ya moanin owd git.:) UTCB

Every mile Rod, but I don't mind the driving (luckily). It's 7.5 metres long so just a bit different from the car, :) have to take it slower and a bit more cautiously but the driving position is great so no issues, set cruise control, sit back and keep checking the mirrors and rear camera- there's also so much less traffic. Worst journey was yesterday back from Dover

Had 30 nights on the road with 2 x5 night stops,2 x4 night stops, 2 x 3 nights, 2 x2 nights and the rest just 1 night on the road.The French are really geared up for it and there are literally thousands of roadside places where you can take on/empty water and hook up to electricity for as little is £7 a night. so, after the initial investment, the actual holiday can be as cheap as you want to make it.

BlockD
12-07-2017, 07:54 PM

tomytony
12-07-2017, 09:13 PM

Are you Boycotting this thread BD?

BlockD
12-07-2017, 09:15 PM
Are you Boycotting this thread BD?

Thought i would bring a touch of class to the thread, TT,look at the steely determination,thou shall not pass

tomytony
12-07-2017, 09:18 PM
Thought i would bring a touch of class to the thread, TT,look at the steely determination,thou shall not pass

Total class too- thank you.

If you ever had to have someone bat to save your life then he's my choice everytime.

rodcurrie
13-07-2017, 06:06 AM
Total class too- thank you.

If you ever had to have someone bat to save your life then he's my choice everytime.Will ya be goin to the Yorks v Lancs 20/20 game at O/T on friday TT? It looks like a struggle for the white rose this season dunt it? UTCB

tomytony
13-07-2017, 01:05 PM
Will ya be goin to the Yorks v Lancs 20/20 game at O/T on friday TT? It looks like a struggle for the white rose this season dunt it? UTCB

No thanks Rod, 18.500 drunken Lancy's and T20 is not my cup of tea at all.Obviously want us to win all games but this is like the JPT to me.Going to be the biggest UK domestic T 20 attendance (19500 sell out) outside of the Oval and Lords but I'll watch on Sky.

Big struggle this year, bowlers ageing/injured at the same time and the batsmen just not firing although which sides could cope without Root, Bairstow and Ballance? Willey has not really progressed at county level and Bressie's batting heroics have deserted him so far this season

How much is down to Dizzy's absence and/or Gale's coaching? We'll never know but Gale's getting a bit of stick at the moment

bulmer1889
14-07-2017, 07:39 PM
Looked at one point like we'd be chasing a cricket score,pulled it back late on but I think the pitch and ball will slow us down got all to do to win this imo cmon you tykes

tomytony
14-07-2017, 07:41 PM
Looked at one point like we'd be chasing a cricket score,pulled it back late on but I think the pitch and ball will slow us down got all to do to win this imo cmon you tykes

Now raining and were behind the par score by 20 odd runs.

tomytony
14-07-2017, 07:47 PM
Now raining and were behind the par score by 20 odd runs.

Now up to par!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tomytony
14-07-2017, 07:52 PM
Now up to par!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stupid from Lyth

bulmer1889
14-07-2017, 07:54 PM
We had it in our hands one run from 3 balls and lyth does that now it's goin away from us can't see us winnin this now

bulmer1889
14-07-2017, 08:01 PM
WOW pulled it back finish it now

tomytony
14-07-2017, 08:01 PM

Tied !

BlockD
14-07-2017, 08:02 PM

Fickle or what Bully,one minute its the end of the world,next over the moon,man up

bulmer1889
14-07-2017, 08:02 PM
They've come off think they're tied now if they hadn't balled that last ball we'd have won

tomytony
14-07-2017, 08:05 PM
Best that we don't get back on. I'm 5 miles away and it's not raining here...................it is now

tomytony
15-07-2017, 08:26 AM
BTW, in last night's warm up the Yorkshire players wore their club's football shirt as a tribute to Bradley Lowery and Jack Leaning, son of Andy, wore a Blades shirt.

Bressie decided to wind up the Lancy's with a LUFC shirt and Gale proudly sported a lovely blue and white striped number................

a Huddersfield shirt. :)

Bressie supported Bradley in his testimonial year 3 years ago.

rodcurrie
15-07-2017, 08:30 AM
Best that we don't get back on. I'm 5 miles away and it's not raining here...................it is nowAre you a Ken Wolstenholme wannabe TT? They think it's all over it is now.UTCB

GrayBlade
15-07-2017, 11:07 AM
I was about to say great morning session England then....

bulmer1889
15-07-2017, 11:36 AM
Another great platform from the England openers for the team to build on !

GrayBlade
15-07-2017, 12:03 PM
Thank God for the Yorkies. Another 50 for Joe.

GrayBlade
15-07-2017, 12:07 PM
Another great platform from the England openers for the team to build on !

Well Cook can't blame the pressure of captaincy anymore can he? I think his race is run, and I don't think Jennings's race has ever started. Not impressed with him at all.

bulmer1889
15-07-2017, 02:39 PM
Not seen enough of Jennings which tells you everything

rodcurrie
15-07-2017, 03:31 PM
I wonder what England would give to another Sir Geoffrey at the top of the order? There doesn't seem to be many TEST match batsmen anymore,down to how much limited overs is played.199-9 and Vaughny's just said England have batted pathetically today. UTCB

tomytony
15-07-2017, 03:44 PM
I wonder what England would give to another Sir Geoffrey at the top of the order? There doesn't seem to be many TEST match batsmen anymore,down to how much limited overs is played.199-9 and Vaughny's just said England have batted pathetically today. UTCB

Most of it is down to one day cricket Rod and the Australian team under Ponting added to it by scoring quickly to put pressure on their opponents from the off ( a good tactic). That's also fuelled the consideration for 4 day tests

The problem is that most teams now try the same REGARDLESS OF THE SITUATION and conditions, which is brainless unless you possess the ability of someone like Joe and, as we know, there's not many like him about.

He keeps re-writing the record books but one he might live to regret is that he's wasted so many opportunities to go from 50+ to over a 100 :(

BlockD
15-07-2017, 04:28 PM
Sir Geoffrey is livid with England's batting,by the sounds of what's gone off,he's right,as he usually is

tomytony
15-07-2017, 04:42 PM
Sir Geoffrey is livid with England's batting,by the sounds of what's gone off,he's right,as he usually is

3 top scores all from the Yorkshire trio but, to be fair Joe's was a loose shot after batting sublimely, GB was a decent, but defendable balll and JB got a good 'un.

The rest, largely, got themselves out/ showed poor application.

rodcurrie
15-07-2017, 04:48 PM
3 top scores all from the Yorkshire trio but, to be fair Joe's was a loose shot after batting sublimely, GB was a decent, but defendable balll and JB got a good 'un.

The rest, largely, got themselves out/ showed poor application.Accordin to the chaps on TMS Jonny had plenty of luck today TT.England desperately need an old fashioned test Batsman,Sir Geoffrey sez we've no chance of winnin the match.UTCB

BlockD
15-07-2017, 04:50 PM
Accordin to the chaps on TMS Jonny had plenty of luck today TT.England desperately need an old fashioned test Batsman,Sir Geoffrey sez we've no chance of winnin the match.UTCB

He's right

rodcurrie
15-07-2017, 04:59 PM
He's rightI know,he usually is when it comes to Cricket.UTCB

tomytony
15-07-2017, 05:26 PM
I know,he usually is when it comes to Cricket.UTCB

Too true.

JB was given a right going over early in his innings as the ball was performing tricks and he did ride his luck, the rest didn't even get near the saddle :)

BlockD
16-07-2017, 05:35 PM
Thank the Lord for the review system eh Cooky?

Ayamonteblade
17-07-2017, 10:25 AM
not the greatest start this morning..........

Ayamonteblade
17-07-2017, 10:47 AM
ooops - just got worse

rodcurrie
17-07-2017, 12:56 PM
ooops - just got worseThought tha dint like cricket? UTCB

Ayamonteblade
17-07-2017, 01:09 PM
Thought tha dint like cricket? UTCB

used to watch it all the time Rod - don't dislike it, just kind of grew away from it. Today is the first day in ages........not chosen the best as an England supporter unfortunately. Commentary is top notch tho:)

tomytony
17-07-2017, 01:13 PM
used to watch it all the time Rod - don't dislike it, just kind of grew away from it. Today is the first day in ages........not chosen the best as an England supporter unfortunately. Commentary is top notch tho:)

Pity the pictures aren't :(

bulmer1889
17-07-2017, 01:13 PM
Makes the ironing go quicker by all accounts you should try it rod

Ayamonteblade
17-07-2017, 01:17 PM
Makes the ironing go quicker by all accounts you should try it rod

can Rod multi-task??? :D

bulmer1889
17-07-2017, 01:19 PM
Thought all women could

Ayamonteblade
17-07-2017, 01:20 PM
Thought all women could

XD

tomytony
17-07-2017, 01:36 PM
Thought all women could

Myths lies, smoke and mirrors........................which is what England now need

BlockD
17-07-2017, 01:58 PM
I said to a lad whose there today that it will be done and dusted fr 230 pm,looks like I was about 30 minutes out

Pathetic batting from England in both innings

bulmer1889
17-07-2017, 02:00 PM
Well that was a meek surrender

tomytony
17-07-2017, 02:24 PM
Abject surrender. Joe looked a bit shell shocked in the interview.

Hopefully he comes back fighting and aggressive.

Thing is, due to the ECB's obsession with T20 there's no first class cricket for ages for those out of nick to have a game or two.

rodcurrie
17-07-2017, 03:23 PM
Pity the pictures aren't :(Absolute SHAMBLES,Our Joe's got his work cut out wi this lot.It seems to me we're alr8 when we're on top but most lack bottle when it comes to a battle.Jennings,Ballance&dawson have to be dropped in my view,how d'ya you see it TT? Bully be careful or i may ask Jos to Ban thi.:) UTCB

tomytony
17-07-2017, 03:58 PM
Absolute SHAMBLES,Our Joe's got his work cut out wi this lot.It seems to me we're alr8 when we're on top but most lack bottle when it comes to a battle.Jennings,Ballance&dawson have to be dropped in my view,how d'ya you see it TT? Bully be careful or i may ask Jos to Ban thi.:) UTCB

Well the problem is there's not much out there to replace them. Woakes, when fit, will come straight back in for Dawson.

As for an alternative opener Hameed has gone so far backwards no one even mentions him. Maybe Stoneman who went to Surrey from Durham might be worth a try. Ballance is not, and never has been, a no 3. He bats at 5 and gets plenty of runs there.

Personally I'd prefer him back at Yorks but feel the selectors have mis - handled him but they are Teflon coated so they'll give him another go at 3 so that he's seen to have hung himself rather than strung out by their sullied hands.

Dawson's a Joe pick so, again, might survive but not for long as said above.

I have copied this, below,from a poster on the White Rose forum site and I have to say, for me, he's 100% right.

"Well the ECB are in the process of destroying Cricket players as we all knew and loved them to swash buckling one day players where the quick buck is everything , lets hope there is something left to be recovered when it all goes belly up"

Can you imagine Sir Geoff giving his wicket away like 9 out of the 11 did today? They,SA, toughed it out.

Apart from Cook and Root who was out to a beauty, the rest lacked bottle and guts and JB was daft wafting at the ball. Batting to save a test match has, for some of the reasons expressed above, become a forgotten art.

BlockD
17-07-2017, 04:10 PM
Drop Wood and Les for Plunkett and Adil,,drop Pat for Stoneman,drop Ballance for Habib

tomytony
17-07-2017, 04:13 PM
Drop Wood and Les for Plunkett and Adil,,drop Pat for Stoneman,drop Ballance for Habib

Bugger that, leave ALL the Yorkshiremen at home :)

Get some Middle*** players in.

BlockD
17-07-2017, 04:22 PM
Bugger that, leave ALL the Yorkshiremen at home :)

Get some Middle*** players in.

Yes I agree,Straussy get your Middle*** boys in

bulmer1889
17-07-2017, 05:03 PM
Crikey I'd completely forgot about hameed he was goin to be the new boycott,must have had a shocker of a season

BlockD
17-07-2017, 05:27 PM
Crikey I'd completely forgot about hameed he was goin to be the new boycott,must have had a shocker of a season

Think he's barely scored a run since returning from that injury,bring Colly back,he w
Ouldnt give his wicket away

rodcurrie
17-07-2017, 05:40 PM
Think he's barely scored a run since returning from that injury,bring Colly back,he w
Ouldnt give his wicket awayWhat abart Hales? Couldn't do much worse than Jennings could he? I fear for the future of test cricket,it's only in England where these games are really well supported no matter who the opposition are.

BlockD
17-07-2017, 05:49 PM
What abart Hales? Couldn't do much worse than Jennings could he? I fear for the future of test cricket,it's only in England where these games are really well supported no matter who the opposition are.

Very concerning,I agree

tomytony
17-07-2017, 06:04 PM
What abart Hales? Couldn't do much worse than Jennings could he? I fear for the future of test cricket,it's only in England where these games are really well supported no matter who the opposition are.

Hales fails, purely a 1 day man. Frying pan/fire decision. Stoneman for me but Jennings will get the whole of this series at least.

We will be going back to the old days of 1 test and out which didn't work.The last few debutees have shown how big the gap is between CC and test cricket in that very few, if any, have prospered.

There's only so many Joe's and Jonny's in a generation and we've got them both but, again, there's not too much coming through at Yorks, maybe Coad, Carver, Waite and Fisher given time. It does show how good we've been at bringing players on when someone like Willey looks less than ordinary at Headingley and yet was feted by many when at Northants.Be interesting to see how Kohler Cadmore develops although he is Yorkshire born so has an inherent advantage .

rodcurrie
18-07-2017, 12:31 PM
169 years ago today WG GRACE was born,just thought i'd mention this bit of history.UTCB

rodcurrie
18-07-2017, 03:33 PM
Gary Ballance looks like missin the next test with a suspected Broken finger.UTCB

BlockD
18-07-2017, 03:36 PM
England women making hard work of chasing a modest total

mahatmafoot
23-07-2017, 04:43 PM
Wow, now that's what I call an exciting game. An England team with real bottle.

BlockD
23-07-2017, 04:47 PM
Spot on,fantastic nerves of steel displayed by our Girls

World Champions 2017 nice

tomytony
23-07-2017, 05:06 PM
Great game. India looked to have walked it at 191-3 then lost 7 wickets for 18 runs.

My thumb's knackered- end of Tour de France, Open golf, England cricket on Sky and Yorks on the laptop beating Worcs .

BTW young Karl Carver went for 37, six sixes and 1 wide in one over before Patto sorted it out.

rodcurrie
23-07-2017, 06:21 PM
Great game. India looked to have walked it at 191-3 then lost 7 wickets for 18 runs.

My thumb's knackered- end of Tour de France, Open golf, England cricket on Sky and Yorks on the laptop beating Worcs .

BTW young Karl Carver went for 37, six sixes and 1 wide in one over before Patto sorted it out.I thought you'd be in a better mood wi Yorkshire winnin but it appears not the way you're tryin to bait Monte on the Wilder and board support thread,jeez some folk only seem to be happy only when they're moanin.Oh well the new season aint long away nar.UTCB

tomytony
23-07-2017, 06:45 PM
I thought you'd be in a better mood wi Yorkshire winnin but it appears not the way you're tryin to bait Monte on the Wilder and board support thread,jeez some folk only seem to be happy only when they're moanin.Oh well the new season aint long away nar.UTCB

Baiting Rod?

Look back to posts 63, yours and 64 Aya's, on the Guidelines thread. She readliy admits to attempting to 'bait' me so it's a bit rich for you to accuse me of baiting her.

What I have done is point out that she often seems not to comprehend what has actually been said, as opposed to what she iinterprets the words as meaning. That is a lack of comprehension.
Now, if she feels it rude of me to point that out, when she readily admits to 'baiting' me, ( if only) and tries to be a bit smart or 'clever' in the vernacular then she will get the same back, often with interest.

The problem she has when trying to be 'clever' is that she doesn't seem to understand (comprehend) that she's setting herself up for a bit of stick back and, more often than not, she displays a distinct lack of 'cleverness ' when attempting such actions and, indeed, more than a few degrees of naivety if she thinks she won't get a response pointing out the flaws in the argument or logic.

It's not 'moaning', it's pointing out the fact of the matter

If she can't stand the heat.............................................. ..........

but how chivalrous of you to leap to her defence, not just a TRUE BLADE but a TRUE gent.

That pedestal's getting higher and higher. :)

seanbeanstattoo
23-07-2017, 07:10 PM
Our rodders got a halo made of coil. Ant tha rod.

tomytony
23-07-2017, 07:18 PM
Our rodders got a halo made of coil. Ant tha rod.

Somedays I think they used a lump hammer to fit it tho' SBT.

rodcurrie
23-07-2017, 07:28 PM
Our rodders got a halo made of coil. Ant tha rod.Only coil i've had mi hands on Beany is the stuff we used to mine mi owd pal.:) The Basil Fawlty/Max&Paddy wannabe is grumpy today,i don't know why tho,Yorks win,BLADES have won all 4 friendlies so far and King Kev has kept his gob shut today.There's just no pleasin some folk.Have a good evenin folks. UTCB

tomytony
23-07-2017, 07:40 PM
Only coil i've had mi hands on Beany is the stuff we used to mine mi owd pal.:) The Basil Fawlty/Max&Paddy wannabe is grumpy today,i don't know why tho,Yorks win,BLADES have won all 4 friendlies so far and King Kev has kept his gob shut today.There's just no pleasin some folk.Have a good evenin folks. UTCB

That's right Rod, ignore the detailed response to your defence of Aya and play the 'grumpy' card again.......and again...........and again.

The only thing I do find to be grumpy about is your repeated refusal to respond to valid posts explaining why I made some perfectly reasonable comments.

bulmer1889
23-07-2017, 07:42 PM
Maybe that's it rod we've won all our pre season games last bloke to do that was weir here's hopin for a stokie victory on tues then

tomytony
23-07-2017, 07:45 PM
Maybe that's it rod we've won all our pre season games last bloke to do that was weir here's hopin for a stokie victory on tues then

If experience is owt to go by CW can cope with losing the first 4 real games. Wierd couldn't cope with a losing run, or owt else for that matter.

seanbeanstattoo
23-07-2017, 07:48 PM
Only coil i've had mi hands on Beany is the stuff we used to mine mi owd pal.:) The Basil Fawlty/Max&Paddy wannabe is grumpy today,i don't know why tho,Yorks win,BLADES have won all 4 friendlies so far and King Kev has kept his gob shut today.There's just no pleasin some folk.Have a good evenin folks. UTCB

What did you think I meant by coil rod.
A female contraceptive device?

I was indeed refering to the stuff kept in t bath in Barnsleh.

bulmer1889
23-07-2017, 07:50 PM
Hope everyone remembers that TT when the season gets up and running it's not how we start but where we finish

BlockD
23-07-2017, 10:30 PM
Great win for Yorkshire,sends us top of the league,happy days

rodcurrie
24-07-2017, 08:10 AM
The Indian ladies threw the final away dint they? A r8 collapse a bit like England's men in the last test.UTCB

BlockD
24-07-2017, 08:19 AM
The Indian ladies threw the final away dint they? A r8 collapse a bit like England's men in the last test.UTCB

It was a riveting finish,our girls held their nerve,India didnt,fantastic to watch

rodcurrie
24-07-2017, 08:29 AM
It was a riveting finish,our girls held their nerve,India didnt,fantastic to watch It was a massive bocklin job but well done to our ladies.The lady footballers won against Spain also,a bit of controversy that the ref gave a pen then had a change of mind,but the ball hit our lass on't leg then bounced up and hit her hand,no pen in my view.2 good finishes for the goals,i dint watch much of it but again well done to the lasses.See ya laters our Gertie's tekin me to watch the film DUNKIRK,i'll keep a look out to see if tha gets a mention in't film Mr mod,but i guess by the 1940's you'd've been to owd to take part in that act of historic bravery eh? UTCB

seanbeanstattoo
24-07-2017, 08:32 AM
Watche it all rod. We had a perfectly good goal disallowed just after we got our first goal but to be fair we hardly had a kick until getting the second late on. Spain passed us to death but for all that didn't threaten the goal. Credit our lot for running themselves into the ground chasing every ball.

Ayamonteblade
24-07-2017, 08:51 AM
Watche it all rod. We had a perfectly good goal disallowed just after we got our first goal but to be fair we hardly had a kick until getting the second late on. Spain passed us to death but for all that didn't threaten the goal. Credit our lot for running themselves into the ground chasing every ball.

I was a bit gutted to see them playing like that as I thought we had come further - Spain made us look pretty basic. However, for all their nice football they never looked like scoring, and we did look dangerous when we got forward.

Still can't believe the referee changed her mind over the penalty - a classic woman thing ::D!!!!

bulmer1889
24-07-2017, 09:24 AM
She'll have maintained she was right either way

tomytony
24-07-2017, 09:26 AM
She'll have maintained she was right either way

And upset by the criticism.

BlockD
24-07-2017, 09:34 AM
Which one who plays for England is Jack the Bricks girlfriend?

rodcurrie
24-07-2017, 05:36 PM
What did you think I meant by coil rod.
A female contraceptive device?

I was indeed refering to the stuff kept in t bath in Barnsleh.I thought so mate but i couldn't be sure cos tha dunt very often use proper Yorks on here duz tha?:D UTCB

tomytony
27-07-2017, 09:32 AM
Back to the cricket.

Good, gritty, hard fought win by Yorks last night in my least favourite form of the game leaves us top of the league.

The special moment from Adil Rashid

https://twitter.com/NatWestT20Blast/status/890297060917772288

Shane Warne eat your heart out.

BlockD
27-07-2017, 10:16 AM
Back to the cricket.

Good, gritty, hard fought win by Yorks last night in my least favourite form of the game leaves us top of the league.

The special moment from Adil Rashid

https://twitter.com/NatWestT20Blast/status/890297060917772288

Shane Warne eat your heart out.

How is Adil not in the England squad

Pat just out for a duck,another good start for England,

tomytony
27-07-2017, 10:25 AM
How is Adil not in the England squad

Pat just out for a duck,another good start for England,

Beggars belief re Adil- but better for Yorkshire.

I'm a bit worried for Joe, not his own performances or ability, but he seems to have taken over just as England enter a period of mediocrity with fewer and fewer quality players coming through- mainly due to the ECB marginalising proper cricket.

BlockD
27-07-2017, 10:32 AM
Beggars belief re Adil- but better for Yorkshire.

I'm a bit worried for Joe, not his own performances or ability, but he seems to have taken over just as England enter a period of mediocrity with fewer and fewer quality players coming through- mainly due to the ECB marginalising proper cricket.

3 debutants today,is that a sign of desperation TT?

Sir Geoffrey has just arrived on air,this should be interesting

tomytony
27-07-2017, 10:36 AM
Well , Ballance & Wood due to injury and Dawson due to selectors stupidity- never good enough, never will be but, generally I struggle to name many (any) that could step up and make it.

BlockD
27-07-2017, 10:45 AM
Well , Ballance & Wood due to injury and Dawson due to selectors stupidity- never good enough, never will be but, generally I struggle to name many (any) that could step up and make it.

The lad who was at Durham,now at Surrey, Stoneham is he called?,Baby Boycott is struggling for any runs i gather this summer

The left armer with serious pace Footit?,not followed if he has been doing anything this season,such a shame Tymal Mills cannot play proper cricket,and England consistently overlook our fastest bowler apart from limited overs stuff,Liam Plunkett,he should be a definite for the Ashes this winter

GrayBlade
27-07-2017, 11:01 AM
That's 44 runs in 5 innings for Jennings and 2 ducks on the bounce. If he doesn't do it in the second innings we'll need another opener.

Like TT says, I think Joe might have inherited a few duds.

BlockD
27-07-2017, 11:05 AM
That's 44 runs in 5 innings for Jennings and 2 ducks on the bounce. If he doesn't do it in the second innings we'll need another opener.

Like TT says, I think Joe might have inherited a few duds.

Get Lyth back in

GrayBlade
27-07-2017, 11:14 AM
Get Lyth back in

Haha, I'll get mi bat!

rodcurrie
27-07-2017, 11:43 AM
Get Lyth back inI'm listenin to TMS,it sounds like at least the batsmen are puttin more thought into their battin this time.Don't forget in the first test if the Sarf Africans had taken some simple catches they could well have won that test also or at least made ut alot closer,i mean even our Joe rode his luck somewhat in that first innings dint he? UTCB

tomytony
27-07-2017, 11:48 AM
I'm listenin to TMS,it sounds like at least the batsmen are puttin more thought into their battin this time.Don't forget in the first test if the Sarf Africans had taken some simple catches they could well have won that test also or at least made ut alot closer,i mean even our Joe rode his luck somewhat in that first innings dint he? UTCB

Proper batting so far Rod. And about time.

Think they're might have been some dressing room 'discussion' about valuing your wicket not using the flashing BLADE

GrayBlade
27-07-2017, 02:31 PM
Well it's proper test match Sir Geoff-eek batting now, I think the scoreboard's seized up.

Joe out to a pearler. Great ball and outstanding catch, no blame really, he's had a few Jaffas of late.

tomytony
27-07-2017, 03:06 PM
Well it's proper test match Sir Geoff-eek batting now, I think the scoreboard's seized up.

Joe out to a pearler. Great ball and outstanding catch, no blame really, he's had a few Jaffas of late.

Very true GB. Did well to get a nick on it as they say and Malan was literally cleaned up by the one he got

Proper game of test cricket. Cook battling hard

BlockD
27-07-2017, 03:09 PM
Very true GB. Did well to get a nick on it as they say and Malan was literally cleaned up by the one he got

Proper game of test cricket. Cook battling hard

Been a poor afternoon for England,we have lost 3 wickets while i was painting my fence and shed,i have stopped painting now,so expect to see Cook and Stokes there at stumps

tomytony
27-07-2017, 03:49 PM
Been a poor afternoon for England,we have lost 3 wickets while i was painting my fence and shed,i have stopped painting now,so expect to see Cook and Stokes there at stumps

Become a pundit and just sit on that fence :)

Only 1 more before stumps would be good

rodcurrie
27-07-2017, 04:30 PM
Been a poor afternoon for England,we have lost 3 wickets while i was painting my fence and shed,i have stopped painting now,so expect to see Cook and Stokes there at stumpsWhat tha really means is thaz been playin in ya Wendy house dunt tha? UTCB

rodcurrie
28-07-2017, 12:44 PM
Sir Geoffrey to appear at BDBL 6th October,wi Harry Gration.Meet&greet,£25. UTCB

BlockD
28-07-2017, 12:47 PM
Sir Geoffrey to appear at BDBL 6th October,wi Harry Gration.Meet&greet,£25. UTCB

Going...

BlockD
28-07-2017, 02:01 PM
Pure brilliance from Ben Stokes

GrayBlade
28-07-2017, 02:09 PM
What a fantastic knock from Stokes. I didn't think he'd got it in him patience wise.

rodcurrie
28-07-2017, 02:10 PM
Pure brilliance from Ben StokesAre ya watchhin or listenin on TMS? Wonderful knock from Stokes,let's hope Jimmy or Broady can knock a couple of over before tea.UTCB

BlockD
28-07-2017, 02:13 PM
Are ya watchhin or listenin on TMS? Wonderful knock from Stokes,let's hope Jimmy or Broady can knock a couple of over before tea.UTCB

Listening to TMS,the greatest programme on the radio,sounds like its getting cloudy and a bit murky,Jimmy time

I am convinced Stokes must be a Yorkshireman

BlockD
28-07-2017, 03:40 PM
Told you we should have picked TRJ,lol

rodcurrie
28-07-2017, 03:41 PM
Listening to TMS,the greatest programme on the radio,sounds like its getting cloudy and a bit murky,Jimmy time

I am convinced Stokes must be a YorkshiremanAmla gone nar,3down for Sarf Africa.What a debut for this kid Roland Jones,25 wi the bat and then takes first 3 wickets.UTCB

tomytony
28-07-2017, 03:53 PM
Amla gone nar,3down for Sarf Africa.What a debut for this kid Roland Jones,25 wi the bat and then takes first 3 wickets.UTCB

Don't forget hes the B***** who got a hat trick at Lords to stop us doing the treble. :(

Decent debut so far and getting better . 4 for now

Great call from the captain to put him on instead of Anderson.

rodcurrie
29-07-2017, 11:26 AM
Not a bad debut for Roland Jones,25 wi the bat and a five for bowling,i'm sure he'll have worse games.UTCB

tomytony
29-07-2017, 11:45 AM
Not a bad debut for Roland Jones,25 wi the bat and a five for bowling,i'm sure he'll have worse games.UTCB

He's been knocking on the door for a while, now he's kicked it down.

Master stroke from Joe to bring him back on to get his 5-for.

Might not be much more play today :(

rodcurrie
29-07-2017, 11:47 AM
He's been knocking on the door for a while, now he's kicked it down.

Master stroke from Joe to bring him back on to get his 5-for.

Might not be much more play today :(On TMS they were sayin they thought Our Joe would've used Ali a bit sooner this mornin.Lunch bein taken nar.UTCB

tomytony
29-07-2017, 11:51 AM
On TMS they were sayin they thought Our Joe would've used Ali a bit sooner this mornin.Lunch bein taken nar.UTCB

I thought he might to get Morkel to have a swing.At that stage of the game where's Adil when you need him, he'd have finished them off last night.

Joe's now in that wonderful English position- damned if he does, damned if he doesn't - but, as long as it doesn't affect his batting, he won't be too bothered.

rodcurrie
29-07-2017, 11:54 AM
I thought he might to get Morkel to have a swing.At that stage of the game where's Adil when you need him, he'd have finished them off last night.

Joe's now in that wonderful English position- damned if he does, damned if he doesn't - but, as long as it doesn't affect his batting, he won't be too bothered.Mek thi mind up fella,i thought tha wanted all Yorkies playin for the Gods own county?:) UTCB

tomytony
29-07-2017, 12:49 PM
Mek thi mind up fella,i thought tha wanted all Yorkies playin for the Gods own county?:) UTCB

I do, but nice to point out what the lesser mortals are missing :)

Did you see the ball he bowled in the T20- I put a link on here- great ball?

BlockD
29-07-2017, 01:05 PM
I do, but nice to point out what the lesser mortals are missing :)

Did you see the ball he bowled in the T20- I put a link on here- great ball?

Twas better than Fatty Warnes

tomytony
29-07-2017, 01:09 PM
Twas better than Fatty Warnes

It was fantastic for any form of cricket.Rashid is now a confident cricketer and feels valued and the difference that has made is remarkable.

Shows what confidence and someone having belief in you can do.( cf CW)

BlockD
29-07-2017, 01:14 PM
It was fantastic for any form of cricket.Rashid is now a confident cricketer and feels valued and the difference that has made is remarkable.

Shows what confidence and someone having belief in you can do.( cf CW)

Very true

rodcurrie
30-07-2017, 02:32 PM
Very trueAlmost 450 runs in front i thought Our Joe wudda declared by nar,d'ya think he's bein a bit negative or can't we say that abart one of our own? Yorks 17o 0dd wi 5 overs left should get well above 220 d'ya reckon? UTCB

BlockD
30-07-2017, 02:37 PM
Almost 450 runs in front i thought Our Joe wudda declared by nar,d'ya think he's bein a bit negative or can't we say that abart one of our own? Yorks 17o 0dd wi 5 overs left should get well above 220 d'ya reckon? UTCB

When it comes to declarations I err on the side of caution,I would wait till we get 500 lead before calling them in,or at least till Johnny gets his 50

rodcurrie
30-07-2017, 02:43 PM
When it comes to declarations I err on the side of caution,I would wait till we get 500 lead before calling them in,or at least till Johnny gets his 50Load o cack,it's liable to rain at anytime 420 in front was plenty.I aint listenin to TMS i'm watchin footy on the Quest channel but i bet Sir Geoffrey aint impressed.488 in front nar,if it was Cooky you'd be goin nuts callin him all the negative Nellies that could think of.Yorks just over 200 wi one over left.492 needed for Sarf Africa to win,if England fail to win Our Joe will get slaughtered by the media for bein negative,but i reckon the only thing that'll stop a win is the weather,fingers crossed for England. UTCB

tomytony
30-07-2017, 02:50 PM
Load o cack,it's liable to rain at anytime 420 in front was plenty.I aint listenin to TMS i'm watchin footy on the Quest channel but i bet Sir Geoffrey aint impressed.488 in front nar,if it was Cooky you'd be goin nuts callin him all the negative Nellies that could think of.Yorks just over 200 wi one over left. UTCB

Yorks finished on 223-5.

Joe being a little cautious here. Maybe the ECB have turned him and he's ensuring a better 5th day crowd

Or was he just waiting for his mate to get out? :)

rodcurrie
30-07-2017, 02:54 PM
Yorks finished on 223-5.

Joe being a little cautious here. Maybe the ECB have turned him and he's ensuring a better 5th day crowd

Or was he just waiting for his mate to get out? :)A little cautious?:D Jonny's out, declaration happens,as i said i hope England don't run out of time TT.UTCB

BlockD
30-07-2017, 02:57 PM
A little cautious?:D Jonny's out, declaration happens,as i said i hope England don't run out of time TT.UTCB

Perfect timing from our Joe

rodcurrie
30-07-2017, 03:07 PM
Perfect timing from our JoeI wunt expect owt else from thee ya wimp. UTCB

tomytony
30-07-2017, 03:07 PM
A little cautious?:D Jonny's out, declaration happens,as i said i hope England don't run out of time TT.UTCB

The only way he can be proved right is not one we want to see.

It would mean SA falling a few runs short at the end of the game.

rodcurrie
30-07-2017, 03:15 PM
The only way he can be proved right is not one we want to see.

It would mean SA falling a few runs short at the end of the game.I seem to recall Cooky takin some r8 hammer for waitin on a similar declaration awhile back TT.Our Joe's a wonderful cricketer and i admire him and think he's possibly the best all round Batsman in the world but come on owd lad you can't not think he shudda declared sooner and a go at their openers before tea can ya? UTCB

tomytony
30-07-2017, 03:19 PM
I seem to recall Cooky takin some r8 hammer for waitin on a similar declaration awhile back TT.Our Joe's a wonderful cricketer and i admire him and think he's possibly the best all round Batsman in the world but come on owd lad you can't not think he shudda declared sooner and a go at their openers before tea can ya? UTCB

Cautious Cooik, remeber it well. Joe's his own man and SA are the best team in the world ATM at batting time out on the 2nd innings so, remebering Amla got 313 last time at the Oval, maybe Joe wasn't as adventurous as everyone thought he would be. Time will tell

Notts 81 -0 off 5 :(

BlockD
30-07-2017, 03:21 PM
Cautious Cooik, remeber it well. Joe's his own man and SA are the best team in the world ATM at batting time out on the 2nd innings so, remebering Amla got 313 last time at the Oval, maybe Joe wasn't as adventurous as everyone thought he would be. Time will tell

Notts 81 -0 off 5 :(

Carnage

tomytony
30-07-2017, 03:27 PM
Carnage

Absolute- 93-1 off 6.3

94-2 . rashid strikes.

bulmer1889
31-07-2017, 12:55 AM
I only saw the highlights on ch5 Geoffrey wasn't happy wi our joe he should have come off earlier there was cloud cover earlier that disappeared when the South Africans came out to bat,we will still probably win but not a good decision really,as the pig said he should have taken them off and given his batsmen a red dot each

rodcurrie
31-07-2017, 07:26 AM
I only saw the highlights on ch5 Geoffrey wasn't happy wi our joe he should have come off earlier there was cloud cover earlier that disappeared when the South Africans came out to bat,we will still probably win but not a good decision really,as the pig said he should have taken them off and given his batsmen a red dot eachCorrect Bully,it was ridiculous to keep goin so long,especially given the overhead conditions.I wonder if Blockmod will say Sir Geoffrey's wrong? UTCB

BlockD
31-07-2017, 07:29 AM
Correct Bully,it was ridiculous to keep goin so long,especially given the overhead conditions.I wonder if Blockmod will say Sir Geoffrey's wrong? UTCB

Didn't getting 4 wickets after tea prove Joe got it right?

bulmer1889
31-07-2017, 07:50 AM
Not really chances are we would have taken more with more favourable conditions let's hope the weather holds

BlockD
31-07-2017, 08:02 AM
Not really chances are we would have taken more with more favourable conditions let's hope the weather holds

No guarantee of that,by keeping them out in the field longer,it also knackered them up that bit more,98 overs to bowl at them today to get 6 wickets,forecast is good,England to win

Got to tip your hat to Notts,beating our score yesterday,wow

tomytony
31-07-2017, 10:18 AM
No guarantee of that,by keeping them out in the field longer,it also knackered them up that bit more,98 overs to bowl at them today to get 6 wickets,forecast is good,England to win

Got to tip your hat to Notts,beating our score yesterday,wow

If Jennings could catch..................................Elgar would have gone early and it would be all over bar the shouting but the weather today is batsman friendly and this will be a hard one to win.

Notts, remarkable win, just shows that the 'electric rounders' form of the game is so unpredictable .

BTW Should Yorkshire qualify for the knock out stages of the T20 , no matter where we finish in the league, the quarter final will be away because 1
1) it is contracted to Sky who can't get cameras into Scarborough so has to be at Headingley
2) Headingley is under the control of the ECB for 9 days up to and including the Test.

And you think the authorities in football are useless.

rodcurrie
31-07-2017, 11:55 AM

Got to tip your hat to Notts,beating our score yesterday,wowSo ya think Sir Geoffrey was wrong abart the declaration then? Full marks to Edgar,a superb ton.UTCB

Ayamonteblade
31-07-2017, 12:03 PM
got that 7th wicket! Good timing just before lunch - great morale booster.

rodcurrie
31-07-2017, 12:05 PM
got that 7th wicket! Good timing just before lunch - great morale booster.Agreed Monte,i said earlier the only way England wunt win is if the weather intervened.Earlier declaration it wudda been all over nar. UTCB

tomytony
31-07-2017, 01:19 PM
Agreed Monte,i said earlier the only way England wunt win is if the weather intervened.Earlier declaration it wudda been all over nar. UTCB

New ball coming, 8 down and cricket until mid afternoon.

Great decision by Joe to bat on. It's either this or Countdown!

Make that 9

BlockD
31-07-2017, 01:21 PM
New ball coming, 8 down and cricket until mid afternoon.

Great decision by Joe to bat on. It's either this or Countdown!

Make that 9

Some people just like to create arguments TT,

Have you seen or heard the Sir Geoffrey wind up today?

tomytony
31-07-2017, 01:26 PM
Some people just like to create arguments TT,

Have you seen or heard the Sir Geoffrey wind up today?

No, I watch on Sky and listen to some of the much less erudite comment from their mob ( Shane Warne springs immediately to mind).

What did Sir Geoff say?

BlockD
31-07-2017, 01:27 PM
Hat trick for Moeen,get in

Some people should be saying sorry i doubted you Skipper,

GrayBlade
31-07-2017, 01:28 PM
YEEHAAA! Well done Mo, a bit of history made today, and well done captain Joe!

tomytony
31-07-2017, 01:29 PM
YEEHAAA! Well done Mo, a bit of history made today, and well done captain Joe!

Great finish, same as Roland -Jones did to Yorks last year to win the Championship. :(

BlockD
31-07-2017, 01:30 PM
No, I watch on Sky and listen to some of the much less erudite comment from their mob ( Shane Warne springs immediately to mind).

What did Sir Geoff say?

Aggers read out a statement from the ICC,which in effect made out that his hundred hundred was not at Headingley because the Rest of the World series in 1970 was declared void,you can guess the reaction

BlockD
31-07-2017, 01:31 PM
I will look on youtube for it

GrayBlade
31-07-2017, 01:33 PM
Hat trick for Moeen,get in

Some people should be saying sorry i doubted you Skipper,

No idea why he gave the hattrick ball not out it looked pretty plumb to me. I think the umpires have had a good game in general though.

GrayBlade
31-07-2017, 01:35 PM
Great finish, same as Roland -Jones did to Yorks last year to win the Championship. :(

It's always good to see TT. Well nearly always.

tomytony
31-07-2017, 01:37 PM
I will look on youtube for it

Fantastic listening.

I reckon Aggers will pay for that one day.

tomytony
31-07-2017, 01:40 PM
It's always good to see TT. Well nearly always.

Because it was the last 2 balls of one over and the first of his next RJ's feat got lost in the celebrations for Middx winning the Champ.

Makes the last test at OT interesting- and I'm away for the weekend so it will be TMS and Cricinfo for me.

rodcurrie
31-07-2017, 01:42 PM
Aggers read out a statement from the ICC,which in effect made out that his hundred hundred was not at Headingley because the Rest of the World series in 1970 was declared void,you can guess the reactionIt's on TMS facebook and the Beeb website.It was brilliant but fair play to Sir Geoffrey he took it quite well,they were sayin his 100th 100 was in Faislabad wi the Headingley ton wiped off the records.:D Are ya gunna say Sir Geoffrey was wrong abart the declaration or what ya plank. UTCB

tomytony
31-07-2017, 02:00 PM
It's on TMS facebook and the Beeb website.It was brilliant but fair play to Sir Geoffrey he took it quite well,they were sayin his 100th 100 was in Faislabad wi the Headingley ton wiped off the records.:D Are ya gunna say Sir Geoffrey was wrong abart the declaration or what ya plank. UTCB

The result tells you whether the declaration was right or not.

Like discussing whether 3-1 is better than 4-2, purely academic when nowt can be gained by the margin of victory.

Nice to see Joe's reviews getting better

rodcurrie
31-07-2017, 02:17 PM
The result tells you whether the declaration was right or not.

Like discussing whether 3-1 is better than 4-2, purely academic when nowt can be gained by the margin of victory.

Nice to see Joe's reviews getting betterRight result granted and a brilliant turnround from the Scabbingham test last week, but we all know if it was anybody else other than Our Joe you definately wudda slated em.Blockmod won't say he thinks Sir Geoffrey was wrong yet still has a dig at the likes of Bully&me for sayin the declaration came too late,what a plank he is.We all know you're Stubborn as well as Grumpy mi owd pal don't we?:) Will ya be at Old Trafford for the next test? UTCB

BlockD
31-07-2017, 02:21 PM
Right result granted and a brilliant turnround from the Scabbingham test last week, but we all know if it was anybody else other than Our Joe you definately wudda slated em.Blockmod won't say he thinks Sir Geoffrey was wrong yet still has a dig at the likes of Bully&me for sayin the declaration came too late,what a plank he is.We all know you're Stubborn as well as Grumpy mi owd pal don't we?:) Will ya be at Old Trafford for the next test? UTCB

We won the test match with 3 and a half hours to spare,Bully and you were just being drama queens,moaning about the time of the declaration,Joe got it spot on,for once Sir Geoffrey was wrong,i bet Surrey CCC and the ECB were happy Joe did not declare earlier

rodcurrie
31-07-2017, 02:53 PM
We won the test match with 3 and a half hours to spare,Bully and you were just being drama queens,moaning about the time of the declaration,Joe got it spot on,for once Sir Geoffrey was wrong,i bet Surrey CCC and the ECB were happy Joe did not declare earlierWOW thaz finally plucked up courage to say Sir Geoffrey was wrong,well done.The ECB must've made a packet chargin£20 and a quid for kids,that said i'm delighted England won,some outstandin performances,notably the git that did for Yorks last season and of course the new Freddie Flintoff.UTCB

tomytony
31-07-2017, 03:00 PM
Right result granted and a brilliant turnround from the Scabbingham test last week, but we all know if it was anybody else other than Our Joe you definately wudda slated em.Blockmod won't say he thinks Sir Geoffrey was wrong yet still has a dig at the likes of Bully&me for sayin the declaration came too late,what a plank he is.We all know you're Stubborn as well as Grumpy mi owd pal don't we?:) Will ya be at Old Trafford for the next test? UTCB

Perfetly timed. Mid afternoon finish, good drink time for the lads and, as BD says, and I said earleir,ECB and Surrey happy with the extra revenue.

If there was rain forecast or they didn't have Amla and such a good record then he could have gone earlier but if there's one Blades judgement and ability I would trust it's young Mr Root's.

Sir Geoff was as cautious and STUBBORN a cricketer you could ever meet but, when sat on the sidelines, it's so much easier to make those calls because it can't come back and bite you on the bum.

Just listen to Shane Warne, he'd need 15 fielders and would change bowlers mid over if he could. Easy to be wise after the event.

bulmer1889
31-07-2017, 03:02 PM
Can't argue with the win no doubt helped with the hat trick which don't come along that often especially for spinners without that it would have been much harder and we had decent weather,waiting that long will cost him more than he wins in this country in the future,the win means Jennings will get a last chance next test pressures off

Big well done to em all

rodcurrie
31-07-2017, 03:09 PM
Perfetly timed. Mid afternoon finish, good drink time for the lads and, as BD says, and I said earleir,ECB and Surrey happy with the extra revenue.

If there was rain forecast or they didn't have Amla and such a good record then he could have gone earlier but if there's one Blades judgement and ability I would trust it's young Mr Root's.

Sir Geoff was as cautious and STUBBORN a cricketer you could ever meet but, when sat on the sidelines, it's so much easier to make those calls because it can't come back and bite you on the bum.

Just listen to Shane Warne, he'd need 15 fielders and would change bowlers mid over if he could. Easy to be wise after the event.When sat on the sidelines it's much easier is it? Pity tha dunt use that theory when spoutin thi bile at King Kev TT isn't it?:) Anyway we won the test and we'll just have to agree to disagree abart the timin of the dcelaration but as i've said previously anyone else other than Our Joe and we all know who'd've been bellowin the loudest and it would be you whether ya wanna admit or not.Roll on Satdi.UTCB

tomytony
31-07-2017, 03:38 PM
When sat on the sidelines it's much easier is it? Pity tha dunt use that theory when spoutin thi bile at King Kev TT isn't it?:) Anyway we won the test and we'll just have to agree to disagree abart the timin of the dcelaration but as i've said previously anyone else other than Our Joe and we all know who'd've been bellowin the loudest and it would be you whether ya wanna admit or not.Roll on Satdi.UTCB

Sat on the sidelines?

FFS , in case you've missed it all these years he's the F'in owner.

Captain of the ( decade of sinking) ship, appointer of all employed there, totally in charge of all that goes on. How is that the 'sideliene'?

I think you're confusing touchline with sideline.

The comparison I was making between those on the sidelines, Warne & Sir Geoff, was that they can have no influence on the goings on of the organisation, no responsibility, no authority.

Your Messiah is the guiding force, the man who sets the course, who steers the ship- and he's hit plenty of rocks and shalows whilst doing it.

All the authority, all the responsibility.His decisions, his culpability.

bulmer1889
31-07-2017, 06:13 PM
You 2 have got threads galore to wind each other up over KK can we keep this ONE thread for cricket please

rodcurrie
31-07-2017, 06:40 PM
Sat on the sidelines?

FFS , in case you've missed it all these years he's the F'in owner.

Captain of the ( decade of sinking) ship, appointer of all employed there, totally in charge of all that goes on. How is that the 'sideliene'?

I think you're confusing touchline with sideline.

The comparison I was making between those on the sidelines, Warne & Sir Geoff, was that they can have no influence on the goings on of the organisation, no responsibility, no authority.

Your Messiah is the guiding force, the man who sets the course, who steers the ship- and he's hit plenty of rocks and shalows whilst doing it.

All the authority, all the responsibility.His decisions, his culpability.I was on abart thee sat on the sidelines ya duck egg.:) Bully i'm soz,honest.:)UTCB

bulmer1889
31-07-2017, 06:56 PM
Aggers tweeting all a big wind up #100100s

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p05b5j5t

bulmer1889
31-07-2017, 07:05 PM
And here it is on camera

https://mobile.twitter.com/bbctms/status/892006915064115201

tomytony
31-07-2017, 07:11 PM
I was on abart thee sat on the sidelines ya duck egg.:) Bully i'm soz,honest.:)UTCB

"When sat on the sidelines it's much easier is it?

If that 'is' had been 'isn't' it would have made sense.

Only ducks I saw were Faf du Plessis's.

Shouldering arms twice when up against it, what was he thinking?

Thank God our captain knows what he's doing with the bat, the attack and the declaration.

rodcurrie
01-08-2017, 07:39 AM
And here it is on camera

https://mobile.twitter.com/bbctms/status/892006915064115201When i was listenin to it live i was convinced Sir Geoffrey was gunna swear at Aggers when he told him it was a wind up.It was brilliant, Aggers likes to have a laff at the owd boy.UTCB

GrayBlade
01-08-2017, 12:57 PM
Have a look at this lads. Stay with it..

https://twitter.com/sportingindex/status/892009896241233921

bulmer1889
01-08-2017, 01:05 PM
Yes gray it's the same clip I posted yesterday !

Twirlo70
01-08-2017, 01:48 PM
RIGHT THEN FOR ALL YOUR CRICKET BUFFS. ALL TIME CRICKET 11
mine is as follows
jack hobbs
LEN hutton
wally hammond(not him that tried playing for us)
ken barrington
kev pieterson
beefy
alan knott
derek underwood
harold larwood
fred trueman
sydney barnes.

beat that if ya can

GrayBlade
01-08-2017, 01:55 PM
Yes gray it's the same clip I posted yesterday !

I just listened to your Audio clip Bully. I didn't realise tha'd gazumped me when I saw Rod's quote.

BlockD
01-08-2017, 01:57 PM
Sir Geoffrey
Greenidge
Sir Viv
Sachin
Gower
Botham
Gilchrist
Verity
Marshall
Holding
Larwood

Twirlo70
01-08-2017, 04:05 PM
Sir Geoffrey
Greenidge
Sir Viv
Sachin
Gower
Botham
Gilchrist
Verity
Marshall
Holding
Larwoodengland 11 ya dik

BlockD
01-08-2017, 04:09 PM
england 11 ya dik

You never specified Twirls,anyhoo KP is South African

rodcurrie
01-08-2017, 04:41 PM
england 11 ya dikYou've hit the nail on't head theeer Twirls.:D UTCB

tomytony
01-08-2017, 06:32 PM
Boycott
Sutcliffe
Hutton
Leyland
Close,
Hirst,
Rhodes,
Binks,
Trueman,
Bowes,
Verity.

It's Yorkshire Day, would you expect anything else? :)

rodcurrie
01-08-2017, 08:09 PM
Boycott
Sutcliffe
Hutton
Leyland
Close,
Hirst,
Rhodes,
Binks,
Trueman,
Bowes,
Verity.

It's Yorkshire Day, would you expect anything else? :)No room for the best slip fielder i've ever seen TT? Phil Sharpe.Or our Joe?:O UTCB

tomytony
01-08-2017, 08:38 PM
No room for the best slip fielder i've ever seen TT? Phil Sharpe.Or our Joe?:O UTCB

Not with those bowlers, all bowled, LBW or stumped!

I'd agree re Sharpy but is magnificent catching enough to sway his selection?

Once spent an evening (and late night) in his company. His party trick was sort of tumblling an old penny in and out of his fingers and he was so quick it was hard to even see the coin.

That's the 20th century team, we've already got Joe & Jonny in the 21st C one and plenty knocking on the doors

rodcurrie
01-08-2017, 08:45 PM
Not with those bowlers, all bowled, LBW or stumped!

I'd agree re Sharpy but is magnificent catching enough to sway his selection?

Once spent an evening (and late night) in his company. His party trick was sort of tumblling an old penny in and out of his fingers and he was so quick it was hard to even see the coin.

That's the 20th century team, we've already got Joe & Jonny in the 21st C one and plenty knocking on the doorsFair enuff,i've said before i accept your cricket knowledge is superior to mine,just like my knowledge of K,no i aint goin there toneet.:) Have a good night mi owd pal.UTCB

tomytony
01-08-2017, 09:04 PM
Fair enuff,i've said before i accept your cricket knowledge is superior to mine,just like my knowledge of K,no i aint goin there toneet.:) Have a good night mi owd pal.UTCB

It's all abart opinions Rod, sleep well.

rodcurrie
04-08-2017, 03:47 PM
It's all abart opinions Rod, sleep well.Our Joe reaches another 50 then gets out again,TMS are sayin he looked in gr8 form but got away with a missed chance earlier.Is it his concentration that's beginin to lapse or what? UTCB

Twirlo70
04-08-2017, 04:29 PM
You never specified Twirls,anyhoo KP is South Africantouche ,lol

rodcurrie
05-08-2017, 08:18 AM
Yorks beaten by 1 run last night,come back Dizzy.UTCB

bulmer1889
05-08-2017, 11:38 AM
What an innings from johnny B this morning gutted for him to go on 99 managed the tail superbly. Decent score at o/t 362

BlockD
06-08-2017, 10:21 AM
Well done England,nice handy lead of 136

Sir Geoffrey has just said the game is over,only the weather can save SA,big innings for Jennings coming up

rodcurrie
06-08-2017, 10:58 AM
Well done England,nice handy lead of 136

Sir Geoffrey has just said the game is over,only the weather can save SA,big innings for Jennings coming upYorks 34-5 v. Es***.Only hope Sarf Africa have is if England bat too long and that aint likely,even with a rather negative skipper.Yorks 51-6,sea fret'll be causin the damage accordin the piggy Vaughan. UTCB

BlockD
06-08-2017, 11:09 AM
Yorks 34-5 v. Es***.Only hope Sarf Africa have is if England bat too long and that aint likely,even with a rather negative skipper. UTCB

53-6,Obviously the tide is in,we will be ok when it goes out

rodcurrie
06-08-2017, 11:15 AM
53-6,Obviously the tide is in,we will be ok when it goes outEngland lose another wicket,come on Joe do your stuff skipper.UTCB

rodcurrie
07-08-2017, 01:26 PM
Yorks 40 odd fpr 6 in't 2nd innings still 70 odd behind,the game's bein played in Scarbro i wonder who'll get the blame.What a poor showin wi the bat again by Yorks.UTCB

tomytony
07-08-2017, 01:34 PM
Yorks 40 odd fpr 6 in't 2nd innings still 70 odd behind,the game's bein played in Scarbro i wonder who'll get the blame.What a poor showin wi the bat again by Yorks.UTCB

The knives are out for Gale on the Yorkshire forum.To be honest the top order batting has been poor/ average for a couple of years and we have been bailed out by Bairstow, Bresnan, Hodd and the bowlers chipping in to get us to decent totals which the bowlers, who were firing then could get them ou t for less than we'd got.

Now it's a perfect storm of ageing bowlers, (except Coad), the poor batting not being rescued, no one coming through who looks likely to stop the rot and injury after injury

We will do well to avoid relegation and Moxon and Gale, with Gale the more likely, might be looking for alternatives.

Not many would cope without Root, Bairstow and Ballance in the middle order but, to be fair, it has been cominga nd the management look culpable.

rodcurrie
07-08-2017, 01:56 PM
Sir Geoffrey's just said Our Joe should get Jimmy and or Broad on,get these 2 batsmen(Amla,Du Plessis) out and your left wi De Kock wi the tail,:) amused me.UTCB

tomytony
07-08-2017, 02:22 PM
Sir Geoffrey's just said Our Joe should get Jimmy and or Broad on,get these 2 batsmen(Amla,Du Plessis) out and your left wi De Kock wi the tail,:) amused me.UTCB

Like we said Rod, it's so easy on the sidelines.
91-8 at Scarbados :(

rodcurrie
07-08-2017, 02:27 PM
Like we said Rod, it's so easy on the sidelines.
91-8 at Scarbados :(Yes i agree,i really do luv it when Sir Geoffrey's on TMS,cos as well as him speakin his mind, they're always tryin to get him bitin,but let's be r8 he was hardly ever a skipper was he? UTCB

tomytony
07-08-2017, 02:32 PM
Yes i agree,i really do luv it when Sir Geoffrey's on TMS,cos as well as him speakin his mind, they're always tryin to get him bitin,but let's be r8 he was hardly ever a skipper was he? UTCB

His colleaugues said he should have been a golfer where he would have been totally in charge of his own destiny and fortune.- and he'd probably have made one at that too.

His attitude hasn't changed much which is why he is such good value when he speaks but that wouldn't be ideal for a team sport and, a bit like eg Hoddle, he couldn't understand how thase with less ability found it so difficult.

At least we've got to a hundred- 101-8

BlockD
07-08-2017, 04:36 PM
England fantastic victory,Yorkshire ,should make the players walk home

tomytony
07-08-2017, 04:45 PM
England fantastic victory,Yorkshire ,should make the players walk home

With Gale dragging them?

We've hit a perfect storm this season.

Injuries, lower order not bailing out the fragile middle, openers not firing exposing the fragile middle which, in turn, exposes the lower order faster.Overseas not really producing what you might expect.Ageing bowlers not as penetrative or controlled, other teams improving.

Whlst it may be a perfect storm it's not as though the forecast has been sunny, bright and cloudless for quite a while now.The storm clouds have been gathering and there seems to be some thick fog obscuring the management thinking.

No one stepping up, no one to hail, a deep depression well set in over Headingley?

BlockD
07-08-2017, 04:55 PM
With Gale dragging them?

We've hit a perfect storm this season.

Injuries, lower order not bailing out the fragile middle, openers not firing exposing the fragile middle which, in turn, exposes the lower order faster.Overseas not really producing what you might expect.Ageing bowlers not as penetrative or controlled, other teams improving.

Whlst it may be a perfect storm it's not as though the forecast has been sunny, bright and cloudless for quite a while now.The storm clouds have been gathering and there seems to be some thick fog obscuring the management thinking.

No one stepping up, no one to hail, a deep depression well set in over Headingley?

The good folk of Scarborough won't be best pleased,game finished inside 2 days,a lot of pubs and landladies out of pocket

Johnny my Man of the Match ,just ahead of Mooen

tomytony
07-08-2017, 05:03 PM
The good folk of Scarborough won't be best pleased,game finished inside 2 days,a lot of pubs and landladies out of pocket

Johnny my Man of the Match ,just ahead of Mooen

11,500 in over two days. Hopefully it's sunny tomorrow and some stay around.

Moeen MOTSeries , seems fair.

Didn't see Jonny's 99 but it put us in the driving seat and he did get a century in this test- brought up his 100 dismissals!

Be a good quiz question " which player was out for 99 and yet got a 100 in that game?"

BlockD
07-08-2017, 05:10 PM
11,500 in over two days. Hopefully it's sunny tomorrow and some stay around.

Moeen MOTSeries , seems fair.

Didn't see Jonny's 99 but it put us in the driving seat and he did get a century in this test- brought up his 100 dismissals!

Be a good quiz question " which player was out for 99 and yet got a 100 in that game?"

Any idea who can open with Cook?

tomytony
07-08-2017, 06:14 PM
Any idea who can open with Cook?

Talk of Stoneman who went from Durham to Slurrey for the money but anybody who gets a chance against the Windies will more than likely do better than the last few and then be a liability in the Ashes.

A real problem for England.

Woakes should be back for the Ashes so there's plenty of all rounders.

Hameed at Lancs- one season wonder or will he come good in the second half of the season?

I'm struggling to name a good 'un because the ECB is marginalising 4 day cricket yet playing more tests than ever

tomytony
11-08-2017, 02:13 PM
Today is the 40th anniversary of Sir Geoffrey Boycott becoming the 1st man to hit his one hundreth 100 in a Test match.

It was , of course, at the home of cricket, Headingley.

Happy anniversary Sir Geoff.

diode_blade
11-08-2017, 02:23 PM
Today is the 40th anniversary of Sir Geoffrey Boycott becoming the 1st man to hit his one hundreth 100 in a Test match.

Seconded,

As Sir Geoff would say

"just sticking mi car keys into these cracks in the pitch to help the spinners....."

BlockD
11-08-2017, 03:50 PM

40 years!!!!for some reason i cannot now remember,i watched Sir Geoffreys achievement in a house in Ecclesfield,unable to move in case i jinked him

It will also be 40 years since Elvis passed away,i remember them being close together

bulmer1889
11-08-2017, 03:58 PM
Think it's the 14th blocky my stepson was born the week before (not exactly a week) and he celebrated his 40th on wed

RonnieWaldock
11-08-2017, 04:11 PM
Just watched the lasses T20 game. Enjoyed it. Always good to beat the Lancs.

Wonder if the lads can do it tonight.

tomytony
11-08-2017, 04:13 PM
Just watched the lasses T20 game. Enjoyed it. Always good to beat the Lancs.

Wonder if the lads can do it tonight.

Fingers crossed Ronnie.

Need to win the last 3 to qualify for 1/4 finals. :(

rodcurrie
11-08-2017, 05:13 PM
40 years!!!!for some reason i cannot now remember,i watched Sir Geoffreys achievement in a house in Ecclesfield,unable to move in case i jinked him

It will also be 40 years since Elvis passed away,i remember them being close togetherI was in the Dutton's Arms pub in Blackpool when Sir Geoffrey scored his 100th ton. We stood up and bowed to the gr8 man,the locals just thought we were pished(that happened later)UTCB

BlockD
11-08-2017, 05:44 PM
I was in the Dutton's Arms pub in Blackpool when Sir Geoffrey scored his 100th ton. We stood up and bowed to the gr8 man,the locals just thought we were pished(that happened later)UTCB

I was at a doo at the Totley Conservative Club the night Elvis died

rodcurrie
11-08-2017, 05:46 PM
I was at a doo at the Totley Conservative Club the night Elvis diedIt was your 60th birthday doo the night Mr Presley passed away wasn't it? UTCB

BlockD
11-08-2017, 05:50 PM
It was your 60th birthday doo the night Mr Presley passed away wasn't it? UTCB

I was still at Primary school,just about to become a Milk Monitor

tomytony
11-08-2017, 08:01 PM
Jacl Leaning, son of Andy has just taken the best outfield catch I have ever seen. look out for the podcast.

BlockD
11-08-2017, 08:06 PM
Jacl Leaning, son of Andy has just taken the best outfield catch I have ever seen. look out for the podcast.

Will we win this TT?

tomytony
11-08-2017, 08:09 PM
Will we win this TT?

tight, get Buttler and yes, but we've botttled a few lately

RonnieWaldock
11-08-2017, 08:20 PM
I was at a doo at the Totley Conservative Club the night Elvis died

I can remenber where I was when I heard HMS Sheffield had been sunk. Coming home from BDBL.
I can remember what I was doing the night JFK was shot - well, I was a virile young man in those days.
But, I have to admit, Elvis's demise doesn't seem to have registered with me at all. Can't really explain why.
And I do know where I was when Boycs got his 100th 100. Behaving myself at home, watching it on tele. ( Sounds rather dull that).

RonnieWaldock
11-08-2017, 08:47 PM
Good win. Well played lads - especially Tim.

tomytony
11-08-2017, 08:49 PM

6 for 19 -and watch out for Jack Leaning's catch

BlockD
11-08-2017, 08:50 PM

Yorkshire double,well done boys and girls

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/40906089

tomytony
11-08-2017, 08:52 PM

3 wickets and a run out in the last over from Bressie lad- wow, just wow.

rodcurrie
11-08-2017, 08:53 PM

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/40906089 Jack's a BLADE,obviously he's a talented fella,what a catch.UTCB

tomytony
11-08-2017, 08:55 PM
Well he's a BLADE,obviously he's a talented fella,what a catch.UTCB

Bressie just said as good as he's ever seen- and I'll second that.

Geetarman
11-08-2017, 08:55 PM
Bresnan 6-19, and the runout. And Andy Leanings lads catch was one of the best that I've ever seen.

Add Arsenal 4 Leicester 3. Great night of sport.

rodcurrie
11-08-2017, 08:58 PM
Bresnan 6-19, and the runout. And Andy Leanings lads catch was one of the best that I've ever seen.

Add Arsenal 4 Leicester 3. Great night of sport.Hey up Geets hows tricks? I aint seen much of ya on here for awhile.I'm watchin the Athletics,Britain just miss another medal in the womens 200.UTCB

BlockD
11-08-2017, 09:00 PM

Add Arsenal 4 Leicester 3. Great night of sport.

Hey up Geets,long time no post my friend,trust all is good with you?

Would it be fair to say Jack Leaning is a better fielder than his Dad was a goalie,or is that being unkind?

tomytony
11-08-2017, 09:09 PM

The catch