PDA

View Full Version : Chadli to move on?

holmleighchris
11-07-2017, 04:37 PM
I know papers run stories with the slightest bit of reality but this could well be going to happen. I know Chadli was out of order not going to boot camp and is wasted under Pulis but I'd still rather he stayed.
How come Pulis played flair players in an attractive Palace side? Maybe they weren't but I did get that impression.

http://readwestbrom.com/2017/07/11/swansea-battling-premier-league-clubs-nacer-chadli/

Palmeras
11-07-2017, 06:19 PM
He's got to go you can't have a player dictating to the manager about training methods it causes friction with the other players that's something you don't need

baggieal
11-07-2017, 06:30 PM
I know papers run stories with the slightest bit of reality but this could well be going to happen. I know Chadli was out of order not going to boot camp and is wasted under Pulis but I'd still rather he stayed.
How come Pulis played flair players in an attractive Palace side? Maybe they weren't but I did get that impression.

http://readwestbrom.com/2017/07/11/swansea-battling-premier-league-clubs-nacer-chadli/

What a load of bollox! So it's the fault of Pulis he's a lazy c unt? Whilst, McClean does not have the talent that Chadli has, he at least runs his balls off every game.

Chadli is a prima dona and most Spurs supporters said so - bit like another Sess in that he's outstanding one game out of every four or even six!

Would you blame Pulis Chris, if the line markings on the pitch were not razor sharp! Bit of a contradiction too, as most West Brom supporters wanted Brunt out before Pulis came, and he had one of his best seasons last year in many - should you blame Pulis for this? How about blaming Pulis for Livermore breaking back into the England squad too! What about blaming Pulis for not taking out his own cheque book to pay Fletcher what Stoke did, even though it was typical West Brom - slowness and greed!

Incredible :zzz: :zzz: :zzz:

Whicka_Mon
11-07-2017, 06:48 PM
What a load of bollox! So it's the fault of Pulis he's a lazy c unt? Whilst, McClean does not have the talent that Chadli has, he at least runs his balls off every game.

Chadli is a prima dona and most Spurs supporters said so - bit like another Sess in that he's outstanding one game out of every four or even six!

Would you blame Pulis Chris, if the line markings on the pitch were not razor sharp! Bit of a contradiction too, as most West Brom supporters wanted Brunt out before Pulis came, and he had one of his best seasons last year in many - should you blame Pulis for this? How about blaming Pulis for Livermore breaking back into the England squad too! What about blaming Pulis for not taking out his own cheque book to pay Fletcher what Stoke did, even though it was typical West Brom - slowness and greed!

Incredible :zzz: :zzz: :zzz:

Way I see it Chadli was outstanding when he came in the number 10 role. He then picked up the injury. When he eventually got back in the team our tactical genious of a manager shoved him on the left wing. Effectively playing him as a second full back. Thus nullifying the threat he posed oppositions. I don't condone what Chadli has done but play him in his most effective position and then criticize him if he doesn't deliver.
If your talking about players having one good game in six then Morrison has made a career out of it or take James McLean who has no good games in six but he runs a lot so that's ok.
Has it ever occurred that Fletcher may have gone because he was sick of Pulis's training methods? Or he couldn't face running up hills in Austria?

saltnshake
11-07-2017, 07:01 PM
Way I see it Chadli was outstanding when he came in the number 10 role. He then picked up the injury. When he eventually got back in the team our tactical genious of a manager shoved him on the left wing. Effectively playing him as a second full back. Thus nullifying the threat he posed oppositions. I don't condone what Chadli has done but play him in his most effective position and then criticize him if he doesn't deliver.
If your talking about players having one good game in six then Morrison has made a career out of it or take James McLean who has no good games in six but he runs a lot so that's ok.
Has it ever occurred that Fletcher may have gone because he was sick of Pulis's training methods? Or he couldn't face running up hills in Austria?
Or more likely he went for more money and a longer contract, also why would he dislike the training methods after all they kept him fit and he played 80 odd consecrative games for us, i agree Chadli was wasted on his return from injury but i also saw a player that was bottling out of 50/50 tackles and missing good chances to score against Liverpool and Chelsea.

WBA1955
11-07-2017, 07:11 PM
To'the'Sea'in'Ships':heart:

baggieal
11-07-2017, 07:36 PM

Fletcher went to Stake for more money which West Brom did not want to pay - absolute fact! I would rather have a McClean who lacks talent but gives blood as opposed to a lazy c unt. Even the Spurs fans all said he had one good game in every four - look at their comments!!!! A player should break sweat wherever he's told to play - Valencia was one of the best players for Man Utd but for sure, he would rather play in what he considers to be his natural position.

Is it Pulis' fault as well that my eight year old could score more of the sitters that came to Rondon! Oh, I forgot, he holds the ball up well!

On 60K a week, most normal people would run up the hills backwards, then forwards, then sidewards. It's a big effort for Chadli to even sign a few autographs outside the ground!

As usual, we will spend peanuts. If, I was the little man in China, I would love people like you over my Chicken Chow Mein - it means the manager gets absolute hell, whilst I rake in the profits and continue the Jeremy model - spend feckall!

What a great model - rake in the profits - spend feckall, and the doughnuts who spend the money blame a paid employee ;D ;D ;D ;D

soulman101
11-07-2017, 08:07 PM
Hope he goes,thinks he's better than he is.

Whicka_Mon
11-07-2017, 08:50 PM
Fletcher went to Stake for more money which West Brom did not want to pay - absolute fact! I would rather have a McClean who lacks talent but gives blood as opposed to a lazy c unt. Even the Spurs fans all said he had one good game in every four - look at their comments!!!! A player should break sweat wherever he's told to play - Valencia was one of the best players for Man Utd but for sure, he would rather play in what he considers to be his natural position.

Is it Pulis' fault as well that my eight year old could score more of the sitters that came to Rondon! Oh, I forgot, he holds the ball up well!

On 60K a week, most normal people would run up the hills backwards, then forwards, then sidewards. It's a big effort for Chadli to even sign a few autographs outside the ground!

As usual, we will spend peanuts. If, I was the little man in China, I would love people like you over my Chicken Chow Mein - it means the manager gets absolute hell, whilst I rake in the profits and continue the Jeremy model - spend feckall!

What a great model - rake in the profits - spend feckall, and the doughnuts who spend the money blame a paid employee ;D ;D ;D ;D

I was just giving another opinion on Fletcher. You state facts but unless you can prove it it is not a fact. Didn't Pulis drop him for Field the publicly slag him off saying "his standards had dropped"? Yep i'd play for him. Bit like your "fact" that Chester was a done deal before Pulis arrived. Even though he signed seven months later.
This other bloke who you've not got a good word to say about has just payed £180m or so for an average Premier League football team. You think for some bizarre reason should throw another £100m or so at it just because we want him to and £40m is not enough. So £300m in a year ? Would you?
Pulis can't keep supporters of his own team in the stands for 90 minutes because watching his team play is like pulling teeth.

baggieal
11-07-2017, 10:05 PM
I was just giving another opinion on Fletcher. You state facts but unless you can prove it it is not a fact. Didn't Pulis drop him for Field the publicly slag him off saying "his standards had dropped"? Yep i'd play for him. Bit like your "fact" that Chester was a done deal before Pulis arrived. Even though he signed seven months later.
This other bloke who you've not got a good word to say about has just payed £180m or so for an average Premier League football team. You think for some bizarre reason should throw another £100m or so at it just because we want him to and £40m is not enough. So £300m in a year ? Would you?
Pulis can't keep supporters of his own team in the stands for 90 minutes because watching his team play is like pulling teeth.

"Not a good word to say" You are missing the point - if I was Lai, I would think Pulis was a hero with 10th position ( could have been eighth ). Lets face it - we would never improve on the likes of Everton in 7th!

So why would Lai want to invest more. If I was him ( and I run many companies ), I would think Pulis was a feckin hero - profits are fat and the cash outlay super thin! Lai ( as would I ) would not give a flying feck about supporters who are irrelevant to the fat profits from Sky! Truth is - supporters mean not a lot especially when West Brom is not a global brand. Look no further than Bournemouth!

So back to Lai ( and myself in his shoes ) - I would be laughing or pissing myself stupid with people blaming the manager who is just a paid employee for delivering what is wanted - mid table security!

Do you get it! You are irrelevant, as am I, and anyone else! Not many can guarantee mid table security but Pulis can! Feck the entertainment says Lai ( shrewd businessman ), I invested in West Brom for profits. Entertainment is what happened in the Mowbray days where we scored three and conceded four!

Lai is the clever one and those complaining about MR X delivering mid table security are the thick ones in the owners eyes ......................

holmleighchris
12-07-2017, 05:51 AM
"Not a good word to say" You are missing the point - if I was Lai, I would think Pulis was a hero with 10th position ( could have been eighth ). Lets face it - we would never improve on the likes of Everton in 7th!

So why would Lai want to invest more. If I was him ( and I run many companies ), I would think Pulis was a feckin hero - profits are fat and the cash outlay super thin! Lai ( as would I ) would not give a flying feck about supporters who are irrelevant to the fat profits from Sky! Truth is - supporters mean not a lot especially when West Brom is not a global brand. Look no further than Bournemouth!

So back to Lai ( and myself in his shoes ) - I would be laughing or pissing myself stupid with people blaming the manager who is just a paid employee for delivering what is wanted - mid table security!

Do you get it! You are irrelevant, as am I, and anyone else! Not many can guarantee mid table security but Pulis can! Feck the entertainment says Lai ( shrewd businessman ), I invested in West Brom for profits. Entertainment is what happened in the Mowbray days where we scored three and conceded four!

Lai is the clever one and those complaining about MR X delivering mid table security are the thick ones in the owners eyes ......................

However, this is a fan's forum not a " the greats of business forum" and as such folk on here want (well some do) entertainment. Eleven McClean's wouldn't supply that.
Cunningham, Phillips, Johnston, Lukaku weren't noted for charging about the pitch but are bigger heroes than Owen, Wallwork, Gardner and the like.

Whicka_Mon
12-07-2017, 06:44 AM
However, this is a fan's forum not a " the greats of business forum" and as such folk on here want (well some do) entertainment. Eleven McClean's wouldn't supply that.
Cunningham, Phillips, Johnston, Lukaku weren't noted for charging about the pitch but are bigger heroes than Owen, Wallwork, Gardner and the like.
Correct. Absolutely spot on.
The likes of Cunningham wouldn't get in a Pulis team.
What I don't get is people who aren't bothered about entertainment. The result is the be all and end all. If that's the case why go? Why not just look for the result?
I am truly amazed how people seem to think that Pulis will guarantee us a mid table finish.where have the been for the past six months?
They always throw the Mowbray scenario in aswell. As if playing entertaining football automatically gets you relegated.
Totally Baffled

talkSAFT
12-07-2017, 08:20 AM

Please spare us all the bullsh*t, mate!

baggieal
12-07-2017, 09:45 AM
Correct. Absolutely spot on.
The likes of Cunningham wouldn't get in a Pulis team.
What I don't get is people who aren't bothered about entertainment. The result is the be all and end all. If that's the case why go? Why not just look for the result?
I am truly amazed how people seem to think that Pulis will guarantee us a mid table finish.where have the been for the past six months?
They always throw the Mowbray scenario in aswell. As if playing entertaining football automatically gets you relegated.
Totally Baffled

From March onwards when we were on the beach it was crap! Up until, then the majority of the ground could not be singing Pulis' name loud enough! So so fickle are many West Brom supporters.

It also seems there are more moans about Pulis from those who don't go to matches. If you don't go to a match - why watch a stream and still moan? Why not go to whatever you feel is more entertaining - a James Bond film perhaps or a ****o! Whatever floats your boat!

I hate Aldi but rather than whinge about it - I don't shop there! End of................................................ .

Whicka_Mon
12-07-2017, 11:31 AM
From March onwards when we were on the beach it was crap! Up until, then the majority of the ground could not be singing Pulis' name loud enough! So so fickle are many West Brom supporters.

It also seems there are more moans about Pulis from those who don't go to matches. If you don't go to a match - why watch a stream and still moan? Why not go to whatever you feel is more entertaining - a James Bond film perhaps or a ****o! Whatever floats your boat!

I hate Aldi but rather than whinge about it - I don't shop there! End of................................................ .

No it wasn't from March it was from January. Check your FACTS our form since January places us in the bottom three. We were not on the beach our manager told us that he couldn't ask anymore from our players and they were working their socks off. I now he's a proven liar but still.
The difference mate is i do go. I pay my money . I have the right to moan. I cannot stand Pulis never could. If i said i liked him i would be a hypocrite after what i said about him as Stoke manager. I have never song his name.

albion68
12-07-2017, 11:49 AM
No it wasn't from March it was from January. Check your FACTS our form since January places us in the bottom three. We were not on the beach our manager told us that he couldn't ask anymore from our players and they were working their socks off. I now he's a proven liar but still.
The difference mate is i do go. I pay my money . I have the right to moan. I cannot stand Pulis never could. If i said i liked him i would be a hypocrite after what i said about him as Stoke manager. I have never song his name.. Just can't see your gripe,whoever is connected to the Albion you give your full support,no if or buts.ffs I even give my support to bobby Gould.

Whicka_Mon
12-07-2017, 12:03 PM
. Just can't see your gripe,whoever is connected to the Albion you give your full support,no if or buts.ffs I even give my support to bobby Gould.

As did i mate and was down in Bath on that fateful day. I have never seen (or remember) in my forty years of going Albion approaching games with this mentality of not losing is better than winning. Even under Gould we were never this negative or it passed me by with the novelty of going to new gronds. It's just so bland and boring. This Pulis tenure is creating nothing in the way of memories.
Why should i support something i know is not right or i don't agree with. I wish i could meet him. Why should we be happy or content with that drivel of football his team serves up.

baggieal
12-07-2017, 01:00 PM
As did i mate and was down in Bath on that fateful day. I have never seen (or remember) in my forty years of going Albion approaching games with this mentality of not losing is better than winning. Even under Gould we were never this negative or it passed me by with the novelty of going to new gronds. It's just so bland and boring. This Pulis tenure is creating nothing in the way of memories.
Why should i support something i know is not right or i don't agree with. I wish i could meet him. Why should we be happy or content with that drivel of football his team serves up.

Bottom line is - you don't have to go! The majority of the supporters still want Pulis as they are realistic in that - no other fecker could do any better with the thread bare squad or investment ( or lack of it ) for new players.

Sunderland supporters will have taken Pulis in a heartbeat - they are a bigger club than West Brom and have double the crowds. Moyes did a great job at Everton but he couldn't work miracles on the lack of investment at Sunderland. Villa are a bigger club than us and did not even see them entertaining in the chumpionship - did you?

Don't get me wrong, I don't like Pulis personally, but there's no one better to keep us in the premiership. If that's a lack of ambition, then perhaps you should be directing your anger to the Board or our Chinese friend!

Fact is - Lai will want to keep the Jeremy Peace business model - spend as little as you can and get a hard on when the profits are juicy. You can't have it both ways! Even Lai is not stupid enough to know - without 80 million plus we could never catch say Everton in 7th so to him Pulis will be a hero.

Do you really think Lai will be bothered with whinges about Pulis or gates slightly dropping. Even Bournemouth know people through the turnstiles ( or lack of them ) is irrelevant with the big fat TV money.

Football has changed and I loved the likes of Willie on the wing, and Cunningham like the next person. Football now is tactical and a bit like chess. You also set up shop not to lose.

PS - with all the money that could blow West Brom away - did not see Man Utd playing ***y football last year - did you? Even many Man U supporters were bored ****less. Now with signing one player ( almost the worth of 50% ) of West Brom FC - they may be more ***y...................

Whicka_Mon
12-07-2017, 03:10 PM
Bottom line is - you don't have to go! The majority of the supporters still want Pulis as they are realistic in that - no other fecker could do any better with the thread bare squad or investment ( or lack of it ) for new players.

Sunderland supporters will have taken Pulis in a heartbeat - they are a bigger club than West Brom and have double the crowds. Moyes did a great job at Everton but he couldn't work miracles on the lack of investment at Sunderland. Villa are a bigger club than us and did not even see them entertaining in the chumpionship - did you?

Don't get me wrong, I don't like Pulis personally, but there's no one better to keep us in the premiership. If that's a lack of ambition, then perhaps you should be directing your anger to the Board or our Chinese friend!

Fact is - Lai will want to keep the Jeremy Peace business model - spend as little as you can and get a hard on when the profits are juicy. You can't have it both ways! Even Lai is not stupid enough to know - without 80 million plus we could never catch say Everton in 7th so to him Pulis will be a hero.

Do you really think Lai will be bothered with whinges about Pulis or gates slightly dropping. Even Bournemouth know people through the turnstiles ( or lack of them ) is irrelevant with the big fat TV money.

Football has changed and I loved the likes of Willie on the wing, and Cunningham like the next person. Football now is tactical and a bit like chess. You also set up shop not to lose.

PS - with all the money that could blow West Brom away - did not see Man Utd playing ***y football last year - did you? Even many Man U supporters were bored ****less. Now with signing one player ( almost the worth of 50% ) of West Brom FC - they may be more ***y...................

No the bottom line is. They don't have to play that way.
No i'll go mate and i'll say if we play rubbish win,lose or draw.
So you speak for the majority now do you ? I don't think so.
Almost every single post you use the words Bournemouth or Sunderland or Defoe. I know how football works and the money behind it. Do you think i'm stupid ?
That's no excuse for parking the bus against Middlesbrough both times.

Now address the point of us having bottom three form since January (not March). Unable to score or keep a clean sheet. Then convince me Pulis will get us to mid table.

SwedishBaggie
12-07-2017, 05:07 PM
We did most certainly not park the bus vs Middlesbrough away, we created several or indeed many good chances, but as so often, lacked class in front of goal. A very entertaining draw between two teams going forward, but (almost) unable to score.

SwedishBaggie
12-07-2017, 05:09 PM
. Just can't see your gripe,whoever is connected to the Albion you give your full support,no if or buts.ffs I even give my support to bobby Gould.

Spot on Albion - "Like".

Whicka_Mon
12-07-2017, 06:16 PM
I take it then you gave full support to Berahino when he was connected with Albion ?

Whicka_Mon
12-07-2017, 06:18 PM
We did most certainly not park the bus vs Middlesbrough away, we created several or indeed many good chances, but as so often, lacked class in front of goal. A very entertaining draw between two teams going forward, but (almost) unable to score.
I must have watched a different game
Well we did when we played them at home. Absolute disgrace it was as was Villa at home last season.

SwedishBaggie
12-07-2017, 06:38 PM
I take it then you gave full support to Berahino when he was connected with Albion ?

So you think Berahino's actions and the way he "conducted" himself are comparable to and equivalent of the actions etc of Pulis?

You don't like him, do you...

SwedishBaggie
12-07-2017, 06:44 PM
Well we did when we played them at home. Absolute disgrace it was as was Villa at home last season.

Or maybe you didn't watch it all, or watched it with "tainted glasses", i e "we could never play good football ever under Pulis".

goodlordmurphy
12-07-2017, 07:10 PM
Hope he goes,thinks he's better than he is.

The voice of reason....

albion68
12-07-2017, 07:13 PM
I take it then you gave full support to Berahino when he was connected with Albion ? i wanted him out the club like many more fans did,but he put the shirt on I never bood or got on his back.i don't think that sounds hypocritical.i know your frustrated with pulis.but who realistically would come to the Albion and push us on .with the board we've got.

goodlordmurphy
12-07-2017, 07:16 PM

My nightmare game last season was away to Spurs...4-0 thrashing...where we only got to play in the other half of the field after half time I still shiver when I think about that one...and the Anglo-Saxon expletives get well used.

Whicka_Mon
13-07-2017, 10:26 AM
So you think Berahino's actions and the way he "conducted" himself are comparable to and equivalent of the actions etc of Pulis?

You don't like him, do you...

Don't think that at all mate. I was just replying to the point that you should support anyone connected with the club. Which doesn't always work.
And no I don't like Pulis and his methods and I think if we are all honest none of us did when he was at Stoke. I don't speak for the majority but quite a few said they wouldn't pay to watch that Stoke team every week. Now all of a sudden everyone is happy we're playing like it.

Whicka_Mon
13-07-2017, 10:33 AM
i wanted him out the club like many more fans did,but he put the shirt on I never bood or got on his back.i don't think that sounds hypocritical.i know your frustrated with pulis.but who realistically would come to the Albion and push us on .with the board we've got.

I know where you're coming from mate and i'll never boo. I just rant on here (forgive me).
It's a tricky question who could do a better job. But if we don't try someone we will never know. Someone took a gamble on Megson who saved us from relegation on the last day and then got us promoted two seasons later. Who would have predicted that? Taking a chance or gamble sometimes pays off. It's just having the balls to do it.

Albionic68
13-07-2017, 01:28 PM
Don't think that at all mate. I was just replying to the point that you should support anyone connected with the club. Which doesn't always work.
And no I don't like Pulis and his methods and I think if we are all honest none of us did when he was at Stoke. I don't speak for the majority but quite a few said they wouldn't pay to watch that Stoke team every week. Now all of a sudden everyone is happy we're playing like it.

My biggest problem with his methods while at Stoke has always been they were generally enough to see us off.

Absolute truth is that I always respected him as a boss who essentially said:

'Right, this us, what the fk are you going to do about it'?

It was the responsibility of our transient caretakers to work out a formula to overcome his seemingly simplistic set up.

Those caretakers nearly always fell flat on their faces.

Generally speaking I experienced more frustration with our inability to beat his sides than I ever did with his approach to games against the Albion.

I for one never said I wouldn't pay to watch Stoke every week due to 'style', but then I wouldn't pay to watch Stoke every week because they're not the Albion ;D .

Would I prefer a more imaginative and progressive approach to our play? Definitely.

However I've always respected the results he has been 'lucky' enough to accrue over the years, and as I support the Albion I'll be there to see his methods until either he leaves or my finances dictate that I cannot.

If others choose otherwise then I fully respect their decision.

COYB B) .

baggieal
13-07-2017, 06:11 PM
No the bottom line is. They don't have to play that way.
No i'll go mate and i'll say if we play rubbish win,lose or draw.
So you speak for the majority now do you ? I don't think so.
Almost every single post you use the words Bournemouth or Sunderland or Defoe. I know how football works and the money behind it. Do you think i'm stupid ?
That's no excuse for parking the bus against Middlesbrough both times.

Now address the point of us having bottom three form since January (not March). Unable to score or keep a clean sheet. Then convince me Pulis will get us to mid table.

I don't speak for anybody but myself. Funny though, when we were going through the excellent run - the MAJORITY were singing Pulis' name from the rooftops and singing Europe here we come. The run was never going to last as it doesn't with any team and we missed Philips. Strange then - all the Pulis knockers come back out of the woodwork with some kind of thrill about doing it!

Get your facts right as well - I was at Middlesbrough with the other 400 or so supporters on that night game and we attacked them and was so unlucky not to win and it was a combination of bad luck and poor finishing, that we didn't win. Perhaps you are getting mixed up with Sunderland away ( just up the road as such ) - then again we should have won that one too ( I was also there ) and it was a poor conceded goal in the last five minutes. Even then we still should have scored the winner after that and guess who missed it? Perhaps, Pulis should put his boots on too!

Whicka_Mon
13-07-2017, 07:11 PM
I don't speak for anybody but myself. Funny though, when we were going through the excellent run - the MAJORITY were singing Pulis' name from the rooftops and singing Europe here we come. The run was never going to last as it doesn't with any team and we missed Philips. Strange then - all the Pulis knockers come back out of the woodwork with some kind of thrill about doing it!

Get your facts right as well - I was at Middlesbrough with the other 400 or so supporters on that night game and we attacked them and was so unlucky not to win and it was a combination of bad luck and poor finishing, that we didn't win. Perhaps you are getting mixed up with Sunderland away ( just up the road as such ) - then again we should have won that one too ( I was also there ) and it was a poor conceded goal in the last five minutes. Even then we still should have scored the winner after that and guess who missed it? Perhaps, Pulis should put his boots on too!

Sorry mate my mistake it was scintillating football against two of the worst teams in the league. Of course the Europe chants were never tongue in cheek were they ? Strange how you mention that chant but omit the "We've got the ball" chant.
I was never in the woodwork mate and was knocking him before we signed Phillips.
Oh by the way you mentioned Sunderland in another post. You did however forget Bournemouth.

Newcy Wolf
13-07-2017, 07:29 PM
Sorry mate my mistake it was scintillating football against two of the worst teams in the league. Of course the Europe chants were never tongue in cheek were they ? Strange how you mention that chant but omit the "We've got the ball" chant.
I was never in the woodwork mate and was knocking him before we signed Phillips.
Oh by the way you mentioned Sunderland in another post. You did however forget Bournemouth.

Like :D

baggieal
13-07-2017, 07:29 PM

Were Man Utd exciting last year? They were boring and dour - ask any Man Utd supporters but Jose is a bit like Pulis in that he will play to get the points with the squad he has to play with. Perhaps the introduction of a player ( half the assets of West Brom FC ) will make them a bit ***ier on the eye this year!

Sorry, I forgot - the club who have owners twice as ambitious as West Brom - a club who spend big money - don't quibble at paying huge salaries - yes you have guessed it - Bournemouth!

PS - I forgot - it's the fault of Pulis that he's not got his own personal cheque book out! Without no disrespect, the owner Lai must be laughing his tits off with people like you blaming Pulis. Great owner business model - inject peanuts to stay at the top and the supporters take aim at a paid employee, and not the good old owner or Board themselves. I would love to find the same business model spend peanuts - rake in big profits and everyone blames my paid employed managers rather than me! HELP find me this business model!!!;D ;D Mick are you like Lai - sit on your fat arse - rake in the profits with little outlay and let one of your managers take the crap?

holmleighchris
14-07-2017, 05:51 AM
Thing is there are 2 types f fan nowadays: the one who wants to stay in the top flight and backs the Pulis way and the one who wants to see good football. The 2 will never agree.
The board doesn't spend enough....fact.
Pulis picks very defensive teams.....fact.
The two will meld together this season and unless the squad is added to or by a miracle we bring in youngsters who excel, we will be relegated.

vikingwarriorking
14-07-2017, 07:40 AM
Thing is there are 2 types f fan nowadays: the one who wants to stay in the top flight and backs the Pulis way and the one who wants to see good football. The 2 will never agree.
The board doesn't spend enough....fact.
Pulis picks very defensive teams.....fact.
The two will meld together this season and unless the squad is added to or by a miracle we bring in youngsters who excel, we will be relegated.

Exactly right- perfect storm!!! Our board seems incapable of facing up to the inflationary demands of transfers.
You gotta pay to play in the Premiership
I've got a worse scenario- TP jacks it in- saves " never relegated" tag
I think we will be relegated with or without TP - just sooner without him
I've taken some comfort from this habitual close season shambles
Bet on @ 6-1 for relegation
PS just what does Hammond contribute?

Whicka_Mon
14-07-2017, 09:36 AM
Exactly right- perfect storm!!! Our board seems incapable of facing up to the inflationary demands of transfers.

Hammond has worked with his team for the whole season on recruitment identifying players which they identified last year.

Albionic68
14-07-2017, 11:00 AM
Hammond has worked with his team for the whole season on recruitment identifying players which they identified last year.

There's a very good chance that Hammond and his team will be on their way out of the door soon.

I'd imagine they're in danger of being sent down for stalking.

Crikey, imagine being monitored by our scouting department and that little fkr springs out from your bowl of cornflakes with a pair of binoculars XD .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sU9XhlbESUI

Whicka_Mon
14-07-2017, 11:45 AM
There's a very good chance that Hammond and his team will be on their way out of the door soon.

I'd imagine they're in danger of being sent down for stalking.

Crikey, imagine being monitored by our scouting department and that little fkr springs out from your bowl of cornflakes with a pair of binoculars XD .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sU9XhlbESUI

"sent down for stalking" Ha Ha Brilliant. I'd imagine Hull City were sick of the sight of them last season.

talkSAFT
14-07-2017, 04:10 PM

Unless Mr.Lai throws some of his own money into the Club for whatever reason (like Abramovitch and Sheikh Mansour), it would be suicidal to keep up with the other Joneses. We can probably only spend a net £30-40m each year.
We would be stupid to live beyond our means.
And the way that inflation has hit Football this last year, where foreign Clubs double the price when they hear an English Manager's voice, Premier Clubs are going to go bankrupt sooner or later. It's only a matter of time.
Our only way forward is to keep the Peace Plan, bring in Bosmans, and get a Head Coach who can gel Premier-average players into a decent unit. Getting such a Head Coach is the hard bit (obviously), and that's what Pulis has been good at, but there's more than one way to skin a cat, and Williams must get looking for someone who is prepared to work along those lines (for a good salary), but try and play some football. Mr. Lai doesn't want to be embarrassed over in China because his "toy" is breathtakingly boring to watch.
We can't entice skilful players to the Club under Pulis, but don't ask me daft questions like "Who would you get as HC then?" because I haven't a clue. But John Williams (you would hope) would know.

holmleighchris
14-07-2017, 05:02 PM
Good post TS. The money is indeed out of control. Only the billionaires who own clubs as a plaything are safe. Any normal businessman buys a company in order to make a profit, and that's how it should be. Lai shouldn't have to throw his own money at us. The dilemma he has, and I'm far from convinced he realises it, is if we are relegated we become worth far less than what he paid out for us. He has to keep us in the top flight to make money. Pulis seems a good bet to do that, having never been relegated. However our squad lacks numbers. 3 strikers is okay, elsewhere we seem threadbare. Without 3 new players (at least) all ready to step straight into the first team we will be in a relegation battle from day one. We weren't all that clear from 17th last season despite finishing 10th. We've lost a genuine on pitch leader in Fletcher and have no standout replacement.
I don't know what I'd do if I were Mr Lai. I doubt he knows either.

Dubbag
14-07-2017, 06:31 PM
You would hope he had considered all that before he bought in HLC....I mean 170 million is not throw away money in any language....He must have been aware that we had a manager who needed funds.....He also must have been more then aware that no EPL football no big money earner in the years a head to grow his investment....He has made no real changes and I do hope he has his cheque book ready for the signings when we close in on them.
Because if we have not got certain targets in mind at this stage....then that will be akin to not doing due diligence before investing....
I await the next few weeks but not in hope or anticipation.....but more out of just interest...