PDA

View Full Version : Hecky sez

EastStandRed
13-07-2017, 10:45 AM
HECKY: "Stefan Payne and Liam Lindsay have little knocks, but nothing serious."

"The friendlies are ***** for us in terms of fitness and getting the players up to speed with what we expect from them."

"I love working with players, building a team. I relish the challenge. But it's about winning. We can't forget that."

"We may have to wait a little longer for the loan players we'd like as is often the case."

"I'm not going to sit here and start giving you names we are after! But of course there's lots of players we are interested in."

"I'm really happy with the players we have brought in. But we do need more. If we get this window right, we then get to build on it."

EastStandRed
20-07-2017, 11:23 AM
PH says he's hopeful of completing more signings soon, but admits it's now been left with with Reds hierarchy.

PH says there is no fresh interest in Andy Yiadom. They are still trying to get him to sign a new deal.

PH says it would be a "massive statement of intent" should they get Yiadom to sign that new deal.

PH admits that one of the players they are trying to sign is from oversees.

pass_and_move
20-07-2017, 12:58 PM
Interesting, i expect no more midfielders though :-)

Lets hope our french connection comes good wi a new striker

Ponte_Steve24
20-07-2017, 01:01 PM
With some va va voom ;D

EastStandRed
27-07-2017, 10:40 AM
HECKY: "Cam McGeehan is getting closer now. He might get some game time in a friendly next week."

Hecky: "People didn't know much about Ike, but we did. We did lots of research and we've brought him here to score goals, he's good enough."

Hecky: "We're still working on players, we know who we want but we're looking at others as well. You can't wait on some forever."

Hecky: "We'll have an update on Liam Lindsay in the next couple of days. It's a muscle injury so we can't rush him, we need to be careful."

pass_and_move
27-07-2017, 05:16 PM
Sounds like wiv ed a couple o knock backs then. Hecky tekkin no prisoners- either tha wants to laik fo this club or tha dunt. Get thi pen on paper or get thissen off lad. All part of the attitude he wants at Oakwell, music to mi ears.

Good vibes abart young Pele from what Heckys sed although you'd imagine that he wasn't our no1 target.

EastStandRed
03-08-2017, 08:25 AM
Hecky: "Lloyd Isgrove and Zeki Fryers are both missing this weekend."

Hecky: "It's my job to protect the team and get the best possible group out there on the pitch."

Hecky: "We have identified the players we want, it's getting them over the line now. Busy few weeks ahead for us."

Hecky: "Everyone was writing us off last year and they're at it again. I understand it, but we know how to build a team here."

EastStandRed
03-08-2017, 08:30 AM
Hecky: "We are starting afresh. But if we get this season right, we shouldn't ever find ourselves in this position again. That's the key."

Hecky: "Bristol City have recruited well, it will be a tough test for us on Saturday but I'm excited and ready to go."

Hecky: "Everyone at the Club is working hard, together. But we do have to get more bodies in. I want strength and competition all over."

Hecky: "It's about getting the squad in place. Then taking bigger strides to put our future in our hands."

Hecky: "This isn't just a job for me. It's not about my career. This is my club, my team. I'm a Reds supporter. That's why I care."

POGGYWELL
03-08-2017, 08:44 AM
Lloyd Isgrove out for at least a month due to injury. Lindsay and Fryers also out for this weekend #barnsleyfc

Romared
03-08-2017, 09:20 AM
Just what we need , Hedges in for Isgrove ?

Ponte_Steve24
03-08-2017, 09:31 AM
This is most unbalanced squad we've had pre- season since 2008/09. When we were waiting until last minute to sign Andy Gray from Charlton. Didn't that season start with three successive defeats?

bankendbfc
03-08-2017, 05:24 PM
hecky: "we are starting afresh. But if we get this season right, we shouldn't ever find ourselves in this position again. That's the key."

hecky: "bristol city have recruited well, it will be a tough test for us on saturday but i'm excited and ready to go."

hecky: "everyone at the club is working hard, together. But we do have to get more bodies in. I want strength and competition all over."

hecky: "it's about getting the squad in place. Then taking bigger strides to put our future in our hands."

hecky: "this isn't just a job for me. It's not about my career. This is my club, my team. I'm a reds supporter. That's why i care."

hecky, a freekin love ya man. If we get beat 8-0 your freekin gone!!

EastStandRed
03-08-2017, 06:12 PM
Bump

EastStandRed
17-08-2017, 09:11 AM
Hecky: "I was pleased with lots of our play on Tuesday night. We could have been further in front after the first 20 minutes."

: "The lads surprised me. You never know how quickly they're going to take things on board. I'm pleased that they're listening."

: "Ryan Hedges has huge room for improvement but he has so many strengths and an end-product. He affects games."

: "Yiadom is back with us and could be involved this weekend. This won't phase him, he's a level headed lad. He's our player."

: "Sheff U have had a good start but as we all know, this is a tough league. I'm looking forward to this one, I love the derbies."

: "Chris Wilder is proven, he has some experience in the team, players he will probably lean on. But we're going there to win."

: "We are going there on Saturday to attack as always; the players will embrace it. The fans, players and staff love these occasions."

EastStandRed
24-08-2017, 08:52 AM
Hecky: "We've a few lads close to returning but it may well be that we wait until after the international break."

: "We've had an extra week working with the players. It's important to us. We might change things Saturday."

: "After that we have a couple of weeks rest and a chance again to work more closely with the players."

: "September is going to be very busy, seven games in three weeks I think and lots of travelling."

: "Sunderland have good players and a very good manager. Massive experience in the squad. But we've been good here, we can't wait."

: "It's up to us as staff, players and the fans to challenge ourselves so yeah, let's try and turn them over."

EastStandRed
07-09-2017, 08:45 AM
"All of the lads have smiles on their faces and can't wait to get underway again. We've been working hard and improving all the time."

: "The schedule this month could be huge and we need to take that into account, we'll need everybody in top condition."

: "Every bit of success we've ever had has been down to everybody working, never an individual, that's the message we get across."

: "Preston play with so much energy, that's their standout quality. They've had a solid start and have some really good players."

Hecky says Yiadom will have scan before Villa game. Expecting all clear after that to step fitness up

EastStandRed
07-09-2017, 10:07 AM
Paul Heckingbottom says Gary Gardner fit to start this weekend. McBurnie, Mallan & Davies back fit following international duty

No update on takeover from Hecky.He is leaving it to those at the top to deal with as he focuses on the players.

Lloyd Isgrove still coming through rehab so not involved, Fryers back in training

EastStandRed
11-09-2017, 09:10 AM
Hecky: "We might well make changes tomorrow. I now look at our bench and it's stronger. I have options now. We have a few knocks too."

: Derby could easily field two teams and not lose much quality. It's another tough test but we are looking forward to it."

: "I'd love it (a cup run). A big reason for where we are is the JPT run. You can gain real momentum in these competitions."

: "This is where we wanted to be. Competition for places. Look at George Moncur; he missed out on Saturday but he'd been great for us."

PH says he will keep in contact with Oli McBurnie in the hope of getting him Jan.

Hecky says he's hopeful Lloyd Isgrove will be back training by the end of the week.

Hecky on Cameron McGeehan - "all he's missing is games but he's training every day, pushing n pushing n getting closer."

EastStandRed
14-09-2017, 09:10 AM
Hecky: "My phone has been red hot with how much people enjoyed the game on Tuesday. It's some more big steps forward for us."

: "It is everyone's goal to get to the point where I can change the 11 if I need to do so. If we get everyone at it, we'll use them."

: "Adam has played his way into becoming one of our most important players. He was deservedly left out at the start of the season."

: "The performance is all that matters this weekend, I want to be able to join in the celebrations after when we've got the points."

: "I've seen a bit of Villa. They've made big changes a few weeks ago, giving youth a chance which made an immediate impact."

: "I'm convinced they will be up there at the end of the season, but when things aren't going their way we need to capitalise on that."

EastStandRed
14-09-2017, 12:16 PM
Paul Heckingbottom also confirmed today that Barnsley fc have the option to extend Adam Hammill's contract by a further year.

Exiletyke
14-09-2017, 02:26 PM
Paul Heckingbottom also confirmed today that Barnsley fc have the option to extend Adam Hammill's contract by a further year.

Make it three

Romared
14-09-2017, 02:57 PM
Get rid end ov season his done nowt fo last 12 months , too old and an has been !!

Ponte_Steve24
14-09-2017, 02:59 PM
Rubbish! He's doing this season what he could av' done last season with a run of games Roma.

Romared
14-09-2017, 03:14 PM
Am kidding Ponte , different player last few games , 1 yr extension if he continues this form , then he can concentrate on other things !! Like an Ambassador for the club or train to be a Paramedic !!!!

asbin
14-09-2017, 04:22 PM
Paramedic 😂😂😂😂
Seriously, I hope he has a long term future with our club whether it be as a player and/or staff member in later years.

Romared
14-09-2017, 06:06 PM
We get too attached and sentimental at times don't you think ? Some players have come and gone and never thought about the fans support ? They have beniffed by having that , wat are we left with ? Don't get too attached to some players because you are impressed at times by them , they in most part have no affinity to us at all , we are a stepping stone and always have been , don't like it but things may start to turn our way soon ,,,

Exiletyke
15-09-2017, 08:37 AM
We get too attached and sentimental at times don't you think ? Some players have come and gone and never thought about the fans support ? They have beniffed by having that , wat are we left with ? Don't get too attached to some players because you are impressed at times by them , they in most part have no affinity to us at all , we are a stepping stone and always have been , don't like it but things may start to turn our way soon ,,,

Who's the last player you got attached to then Roma?

Exiletyke
15-09-2017, 08:40 AM
Am kidding Ponte , different player last few games , 1 yr extension if he continues this form , then he can concentrate on other things !! Like an Ambassador for the club or train to be a Paramedic !!!!

Cheap dig Roma the lads recognised his mistake on more than one ocassion

Exiletyke
15-09-2017, 09:17 AM
Like an Ambassador for the club or train to be a Paramedic !!!!

Lerrit drop Roma ffs , tha seems to have a problem with young Hammill

DOOALI
15-09-2017, 12:50 PM
Definitely give him at least a two year contract he is championship class all over

EastStandRed
18-09-2017, 08:51 AM
Hecky: "Lots of areas I thought we were really good on Saturday. But we lost 3-0. We lacked belief in the final third against a solid team."

: "We've had games like that and won. It's important we carry on doing what we are good at and keep on improving."

: "Villa had a really good day, we had an okay one. It just shows what we are up against in this division."

: "I'll pick the team for Spurs tomorrow. So everyone going down there could be involved."

: "It's only an away game. There's only three or four lads here now who experienced our 'second home' if you like. It's not a final."

Yiadom out until after next international break, Hecky says

EastStandRed
21-09-2017, 09:28 AM
Hecky: "We aren't going to come up against that calibre of player every week. I felt we were really good, but we weren't clinical."

: "Paul Harsley is really pushing Jared bird_, all the staff are. It's a group effort. We are always about developing players here."

: "We're looking forward to the Wolves game. They have had a real go this summer and are getting the rewards at the minute."

: "The league is different. This match will be a completely different game to Spurs in many ways, we need to limit their chances."

Ponte_Steve24
21-09-2017, 09:44 AM
Seven games in and it's damage limitation ;D

animallittle3
21-09-2017, 09:57 AM

Fecking wasn't last season before we sold every last man jack .

4-0 and 3 easy points .

Exiletyke
21-09-2017, 10:24 AM
Fecking wasn't last season before we sold every last man jack .

4-0 and 3 easy points .

Why do you reckon we sold "every last man jack" Animal
but even so we still have a debt of £5 million
Don't add up do it?

animallittle3
21-09-2017, 10:32 AM
Why do you reckon we sold "every last man jack" Animal
but even so we still have a debt of £5 million
Don't add up do it?

Maybe it's not meant to add up exile .

Who knows .

Personally I'm more for looking forward and a new era beginning and it will be a relief when the deal is finally done .

Ponte_Steve24
21-09-2017, 10:34 AM
"The last man Jack" is worth a few bob int he? ;D

animallittle3
21-09-2017, 10:44 AM
"The last man Jack" is worth a few bob int he? ;D

Steve , there's many things I'd normally say about all this but I'm keeping my thoughts to myself mate in view of circumstances surrounding the sale .

Let's just say my eyes are wide open and I'm not in a hurry to place halo's on certain heads .

Acido
21-09-2017, 08:10 PM

Exactly Ponty, and Im not joking here. Good luck to us at Wolves eh, we're going to need it with Hecky's appalling insistence on the 1 up front formation which isn't working, and never has worked, and never will work.
Hes put us in this situation right now where we are a heavily midfield based squad (and some of them like Steve Mallan have failed miserably so far, for whatever reason), and the cold hard fact is we ARE going down this season if he thinks messrs Bradshaw & Ugbo are the 1 up front answer for us. :mad:

animallittle3
21-09-2017, 09:42 PM
Exactly Ponty, and Im not joking here. Good luck to us at Wolves eh, we're going to need it with Hecky's appalling insistence on the 1 up front formation which isn't working, and never has worked, and never will work.
Hes put us in this situation right now where we are a heavily midfield based squad (and some of them like Steve Mallan have failed miserably so far, for whatever reason), and the cold hard fact is we ARE going down this season if he thinks messrs Bradshaw & Ugbo are the 1 up front answer for us. :mad:

Just out of curiosity how do think the team would cope outnumbered in midfield away from home at a team such as Wolves who have a squad brimming with talent ?

Acido
21-09-2017, 10:12 PM
Just out of curiosity how do think the team would cope outnumbered in midfield away from home at a team such as Wolves who have a squad brimming with talent ?

I don't know Animal, but its a disgrace how we've set our squad up this season with lower league and unknown players. The immediate aim seems to be get as much money as we can, and if we go down.... then so be it.
I hate that and when you see Hecky also refusing to give our new 'almost' £1 mill signing Thiam a start, then what am I/we meant to think ?.

Exiletyke
21-09-2017, 10:20 PM
I don't know Animal, but its a disgrace how we've set our squad up this season with lower league and unknown players. The immediate aim seems to be get as much money as we can, and if we go down.... then so be it.
I hate that and when you see Hecky also refusing to give our new 'almost' £1 mill signing Thiam a start, then what am I/we meant to think ?.

"The immediate aim seems to be get as much money as we can, and if we go down.... then so be it."

When you say that Acido who do you mean?
Who is we?

animallittle3
21-09-2017, 10:33 PM

The model isn't going to change acido whether we are under new ownership or not , only difference is we may be able to offer more competitive contracts with a view to retaining our top talent .

The players were sold last season to enable the owner to attract investment and gain the best possible price for the club .

I don't think he's refusing to start Thiam , he's bringing him on nice and steady and giving him chance to settle , he's not a goalscorer by the way but more a wide creative type , he will get his chance when Hecky feels he's ready , we are still in September .

Acido
21-09-2017, 10:34 PM
Seeing as you love to keep quoting people so much on here Exile, why don't you know how to use it properly ?.
Hey kid you can do bold, italic, underline, text colour and text size etc. ;)

But lets go back to serious again eh, who do you think I mean by 'we' ?. Thats another weird question from you.

EastStandRed
22-09-2017, 01:10 AM

A disgrace ? I think we've got a decent squad on paper apart from upfront being a bit short .

EastStandRed
22-09-2017, 01:15 AM
Seeing as you love to keep quoting people so much on here Exile, why don't you know how to use it properly ?.

But lets go back to serious again eh, who do you think I mean by 'we' ?. Thats another weird question from you.

I think Exile thinks Patrick Cryne has sold all the assets, pocketed all the money and is doing one sharpish. :O

Ponte_Steve24
22-09-2017, 05:18 AM
You cant say that East Stand there'll be an angry mob waiting outside Mount wearing Reverand Preedy t shirts wanting to kick your head in lol XD

Exiletyke
22-09-2017, 06:34 AM
I think Exile thinks Patrick Cryne has sold all the assets, pocketed all the money and is doing one sharpish. :O

Strange
Acido makes a comment ,I ask him what he means
Question gets turned round to infer that it's me who made the comment
Note Acido hasn't given an answer but ne'er mind

Exiletyke
22-09-2017, 07:02 AM

Now you've given your view on what you think I think perhaps you could turn your talents on to what you think Acido means

EastStandRed
22-09-2017, 07:19 AM
'We' as in Barnsley FC

Exiletyke
22-09-2017, 07:25 AM
I'm so glad you cleared that up ESR

Exiletyke
22-09-2017, 07:35 AM

Yeah but I can't alter or delete posts/threads

EastStandRed
22-09-2017, 07:46 AM
I'm so glad you cleared that up ESR

What did you think he meant ? It's a word most fans use when they speak about the club they follow isn't it ?

Exiletyke
22-09-2017, 07:51 AM
What did you think he meant ? It's a word most fans use when they speak about the club they follow isn't it ?

What are you asking me for when you have all the answers?
but that's exactly what I thought he meant

EastStandRed
22-09-2017, 08:02 AM
What are you asking me for when you have all the answers?
but that's exactly what I thought he meant

I was telling you my opinion. Then I was asking you your opinion.

Exiletyke
22-09-2017, 08:08 AM
I was telling you my opinion. Then I was asking you your opinion.

"You" not me have already given "my" opinion

EastStandRed
22-09-2017, 08:18 AM
"You" not me have already given "my" opinion

No I haven't I gave my opinion by saying "I think"

Exiletyke
22-09-2017, 09:23 AM
No I haven't I gave my opinion by saying "I think"

Well I thinkyou should kindly keep my opinions to yourself

EastStandRed
22-09-2017, 10:03 AM
Haha ok

POGGYWELL
22-09-2017, 10:18 AM
Well I thinkyou should kindly keep my opinions to yourself

Nothing wrong with opinions whilst I don't always agree with some of the things on here I still find it all very interesting. Indeed I also find it interesting in " What's Not Said"

Ban opinions then we may all as well sign off!

EastStandRed
22-09-2017, 01:19 PM
Nothing wrong with opinions whilst I don't always agree with some of the things on here I still find it all very interesting. Indeed I also find it interesting in " What's Not Said"

Ban opinions then we may all as well sign off!

Agree Poggy, it's a forum to say your opinion on if you wish

Ponte_Steve24
22-09-2017, 01:32 PM
Ban opinions and you'd have to ban ar53holes. Everyone's got one. Maybe I should be banned? I've got opinions and I'm also an arsehole XD

Exiletyke
22-09-2017, 03:56 PM
Think your inbox is full

Romared
22-09-2017, 04:35 PM

;D::P:zzz: Bring back the Like Button

Exiletyke
22-09-2017, 06:01 PM
;D::P:zzz: Bring back the Like Button

Five words & not one spelling mistake
Such an improvement
Obviously took my advice re English lessons

Romared
22-09-2017, 06:19 PM
Such an improvement
:zzz::zzz::zzz: , advice from the the likes of you , dream on you are a total tool , and can't even quote fairly ? 2 sides to every thread , think your clever ? Show the side of Animal's comments towards me ? Better balanced !! No not you ever do that , you're a pathetic being and a total snide , i hope I've made my feelings towards you clear ?

Romared
22-09-2017, 07:19 PM
Such an improvement
No talk on football again ? Oh forgot you don't go , live too far away :O your pathetic , wat a clown , quote that too weirdo , done more miles and spent more money on our reserves / Unda 23s than you have spent over one season watching first team ,
Going to Wolves ? Thort not , Armchair critic ;D

pass_and_move
22-09-2017, 07:54 PM
No talk on football again ? Oh forgot you don't go , live too far away :O your pathetic , wat a clown , quote that too weirdo , done more miles and spent more money on our reserves / Unda 23s than you have spent over one season watching first team ,
Going to Wolves ? Thort not , Armchair critic ;D

Int it abart time your 2 knocked this childish **** ont eeard. It's tiresome

Gwynn Thomas vs stum
22-09-2017, 10:45 PM
Crikey thas gone leet

Ponte_Steve24
23-09-2017, 06:17 AM
It's getting like Eva n' Aiden's wedding on here ;D

Exiletyke
23-09-2017, 07:11 AM
Steve is your pm inbox full
Can't reply

Ponte_Steve24
23-09-2017, 09:25 AM
I've emptied it now Exile :)

SBRed48
23-09-2017, 11:40 AM
Ban opinions and you'd have to ban ar53holes. Everyone's got one. Maybe I should be banned? I've got opinions and I'm also an arsehole XD

Ivvery arseoyle needs to blow off nar and ageean.

Ponte_Steve24
23-09-2017, 11:50 AM
Ivvery arseoyle needs to blow off nar and ageean.

Like XD