PDA

View Full Version : Kari Arnason

57vintage
13-07-2017, 03:35 PM
https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/football/aberdeen-fc/1288004/dons-cult-hero-kari-arnason-agrees-deal-rejoin-club/

krakowdon
13-07-2017, 03:48 PM
Scored our last ever goal against Deidco at Ibrox, the day that those German sightseers got lost on the subway. Bounce. B)

His hit at Tannadice at the New Year game wasn't too shabby either.

Welcome home Arni min.

kkong
13-07-2017, 03:50 PM
Just saw him getting some groceries in the Co-op (well McColl's now) on Holburn Street.

Struggling to pay as their card system was down and he had no cash :)

macattack
13-07-2017, 05:23 PM
Just saw him getting some groceries in the Co-op (well McColl's now) on Holburn Street.

Struggling to pay as their card system was down and he had no cash :)

Did you no give him the cash? could be part of his signing on fee :p

macattack
13-07-2017, 05:25 PM
Seems to be a contradiction in the papers where as P&J says done deal EE says Arni saws no comment on done deal so could mean anything fingers crossed its a done deal :star:

krakowdon
13-07-2017, 06:03 PM
In true EE tradition we should be talking about a 'Don Deal', surely?

irnbru1903
13-07-2017, 09:02 PM
No chickens counted on this one given how our recruiting has gone so far.

DonVincenzo (The II)
13-07-2017, 11:02 PM
I heard him overtalking in Greggs, apparently they did a deal to not do a deal until a deal was done.

kkong
13-07-2017, 11:29 PM
Did you no give him the cash? could be part of his signing on fee :p

I am not making this up, he was in there.

He had to go the in-store ATM and take out cash to pay for his groceries.

I'm not one of those people who asks for photos with "celebreties"... I just leave people to get on with their lives...

NewOrleansRed
13-07-2017, 11:38 PM
I heard him overtalking in Greggs, apparently they did a deal to not do a deal until a deal was done.

Is it possible that they haven't yet fully dealt with the deal to not do a deal until the deal is done and as such the deal to not do a deal until the deal is done is unlikely to be a big deal until they deal with it tomorrow perhaps?

ragnarok
14-07-2017, 12:11 AM
Wonder if Kari will be the only defensive player we sign? At the close of last season I heard we were trying to sign Devlin but that hasn't been mentioned in the press at all.

Pacman1903
14-07-2017, 05:25 AM
Wonder if Kari will be the only defensive player we sign? At the close of last season I heard we were trying to sign Devlin but that hasn't been mentioned in the press at all.

Maybe you red it on here. It was an abmad exclusive. We need to sign someone to play CB anyway. Get it done

DonVincenzo (The II)
14-07-2017, 02:48 PM
Is it possible that they haven't yet fully dealt with the deal to not do a deal until the deal is done and as such the deal to not do a deal until the deal is done is unlikely to be a big deal until they deal with it tomorrow perhaps?

yeah it might be possible but not totally 100% sure so its likely but not certain and could be a definite option but on the other hand there's a good chance that its not since for sure nothing is certain and its unlikely to be definitive at this point but you just never know, especially when it comes to AFC.

RedStarTorphins
14-07-2017, 02:54 PM

That's cos he's out for months with a cruciate knee injury.
He can sign a Bosman in January.
Not sure he's that good.
Arnason with a young Liam Lindsay on his left would've been good.

GGMDONS
14-07-2017, 03:33 PM
We need to get a couple of defenders in. last night,, I thought we were poor defencively but looked good going forward.

Rooney was also poor in that he doesnt look fit.

Aldo1983
14-07-2017, 04:28 PM
We need to get a couple of defenders in. last night,, I thought we were poor defencively but looked good going forward.

For **** sake, it was the first game of the season. He looked fit just not match fit.

rico94
14-07-2017, 06:10 PM
For **** sake, it was the first game of the season. He looked fit just not match fit.

I had to listen to the 2 guys in front of me tell each other "Rooneys finished" and "we need to get rid of him" for the whole game.

If they are sitting there at the Hamilton game I'm moving my seat,can't listen to that pair of idiots for the entire season.

Aldo1983
14-07-2017, 06:19 PM
I had to listen to the 2 guys in front of me tell each other "Rooneys finished" and "we need to get rid of him" for the whole game.

If they are sitting there at the Hamilton game I'm moving my seat,can't listen to that pair of idiots for the entire season.

He has his limitations which he and everyone else is aware of. Every one of our players would be blowing out their arse if they had to chase everything and get into position for attacks. I'm pretty sure anyone that slags him off is completely clueless.

Pacman1903
14-07-2017, 06:23 PM
When does Rooney ever look fit. The guy does the buisness without ever needing to show real fitness. Hes our best striker since Big Dunc and he gets pelters and has for a while now. Crazy talk

Aldo1983
14-07-2017, 06:28 PM
Back on topic...he's back. Confirmed.

Stupie82
14-07-2017, 06:42 PM
Awesome!! Chuffed to have him back, he will add so much experience and will hopefully settle the rest of the defence! cracking news :-)

TheRedRichard
14-07-2017, 06:42 PM
"It's good to be back" <3

Mason89
14-07-2017, 06:43 PM
Don't say it often on here but I'm absolutely f*cking delighted!

macattack
14-07-2017, 06:43 PM
Back on topic...he's back. Confirmed.

Yaass good news brill booster after last nights result . Is he available for next thursday?

Stupie82
14-07-2017, 06:44 PM
Don't say it often on here but I'm absolutely f*cking delighted!

:O

JamesWave
14-07-2017, 06:45 PM
Great signing, chuffed with that.

Shame its a couple of days late though.

nice1simmy
14-07-2017, 06:46 PM
Brilliany signing,well chuffed with this,he'll add expereince and a calm head at the back

TheRedRichard
14-07-2017, 06:50 PM
"It's good to be back" <3

Just did the updating :D https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aberdeen_F.C.#Current_squad

InversneckieDob
14-07-2017, 07:19 PM
A player I really rated when he was here last time, and he was more than holding his own in the business end of the Euros last year, so I reckon he's still got enough about him to do a turn.

Jussi
14-07-2017, 07:23 PM
Super

Hairdrier
14-07-2017, 07:24 PM
Arnason is another good signing and a thumbs up from me.

RedStarTorphins
14-07-2017, 07:26 PM
Yaass good news brill booster after last nights result . Is he available for next thursday?

Sadly not.
We'll be relying on O'Connor & Reynolds.
He'd needed to have signed by 11pm on night before 1st game.

Pacman1903
14-07-2017, 07:28 PM
Good news. Welcome back Arnie min.

Mason89
14-07-2017, 08:08 PM
:O

He's exactly the type of player I love to see at Aberdeen. Isn't intimidated or interested in bumming up the two cheeks. You won't see him with a Celtic birthday cake or a Hun scarf over his head. Too busy trying to smash the c*nts

Feck_the_Huns
14-07-2017, 08:23 PM
Just exactly the player that we need in the heart of that defence, to provide that calmness and solidity, that we missed since Rusty retired.

Hopefully we get a full 12 months out of him this time and not the 6 months we got last time, as there was a definite downing of tools after the new year of 2012, when it was obvious he wasn't going to get the wages he wanted to extend his deal.

But watching him v Celtic for Malmo a few years back and in the Euros last summer, I think we are getting a player that knows his career is reaching the end section and he just wants to enjoy himself whilst hopefully winning trophies and guiding and cajoling the players around him onto greater heights

Pacman1903
14-07-2017, 08:27 PM
Just exactly the player that we need in the heart of that defence, to provide that calmness and solidity, that we missed since Rusty retired.

Hopefully we get a full 12 months out of him this time and not the 6 months we got last time, as there was a definite downing of tools after the new year of 2012, when it was obvious he wasn't going to get the wages he wanted to extend his deal.

But watching him v Celtic for Malmo a few years back and in the Euros last summer, I think we are getting a player that knows his career is reaching the end section and he just wants to enjoy himself whilst hopefully winning trophies and guiding and cajoling the players around him onto greater heights

And hopefully smashing folk along the way

Red_Don
14-07-2017, 08:37 PM
Happy with this. With his experience, he'll organise and stabilise the defence and bring some much needed composure.....and steel.

Would still like to see another quality defender coming in though.

Pauldolski10
14-07-2017, 08:44 PM
He's exactly the type of player I love to see at Aberdeen. Isn't intimidated or interested in bumming up the two cheeks. You won't see him with a Celtic birthday cake or a Hun scarf over his head. Too busy trying to smash the c*nts

Quite wonderfully put

RedStarTorphins
14-07-2017, 08:52 PM

https://mobile.twitter.com/fin1991Official/status/885937769205420033/photo/1

Rougvierocks
14-07-2017, 08:55 PM
Remember his post a few years ago about "once a don always a don " when being interviewed. Quality. Welcome back Kari.

Hewitt_Scores
14-07-2017, 09:35 PM
Pleased with this, welcome back Kari

rico94
14-07-2017, 09:37 PM

Russel Anderson is a legend and was great when he came back but Arnason is coming back with Champions league and Euro 2016 experience behind him so he should be even better!!

Hopefully he shores up the defence like Anderson did and helps us win a trophy or two along the way.

OhioRed
14-07-2017, 10:22 PM

Rooney is a good striker at domestic level, but he really isn't mobile enough or pacy enough at European level. I have no doubt some people will point to his European goals, and he has scored eight of them. But five were against Daugava Riga who were like a pub side, and another was a penalty. In Europe the defenders are often too clever for him and he labours as he did last night.

Don't get me wrong I think he is a major asset over the course of a season, I just feel he should have been withdrawn about twenty minutes before he was. For the next leg I hope we will use a striker with more pace.

Oh by the way welcome back Kari.

GGMDONS
14-07-2017, 10:48 PM
Welcome back Kari, I just hope this signing isn't too late for Dons in Europe.

Rooney, I think he just doesn't look fit when up against fast defenders & ends up looking like he is out his depth.
He score on the home front cos most defenders in Scotland aren't as good.

We now need to sign another striker , a defensive midfielder & a fitness coach that can get us up to the fitness level of all the top teams, whom last the whole 90 plus minutes

rico94
14-07-2017, 11:15 PM
Welcome back Kari, I just hope this signing isn't too late for Dons in Europe.

Rooney, I think he just doesn't look fit when up against fast defenders & ends up looking like he is out his depth.
He score on the home front cos most defenders in Scotland aren't as good.

We now need to sign another striker , a defensive midfielder & a fitness coach that can get us up to the fitness level of all the top teams, whom last the whole 90 plus minutes

Back off topic I guess

Aye as if Aberdeen don't have a fitness coach XD

As others have mentioned Rooney has his limits like he knows and we all know.He hasn't changed one bit since he signed in 2014, he can't hold the ball up,he can't create a chance for himself,he can't run past a player etc etc.

What he can and always will do is score goals which is a strikers job,if he stays here till 2020 he will get past the 100 goal mark.

erchieplum
14-07-2017, 11:26 PM
Kari will bring his experience and confidence into the team and I think our defence will grow in confidence with him by their side , much like they did with Russell Anderson . A great signing both as a player and in the improvement he will inspire around him.
A signing that I had thought was just wishful thinking ...but he's here .....fair chuffed min...

off to practice my viking hand clapping "HUH"

awafaehame
15-07-2017, 02:43 AM
Welcome back Kari.

We all cheered you on the Euros, especially v the guffs, and were delighted to say you were an ex player.

Very happy to change that again to being OUR player now.

NewOrleansRed
15-07-2017, 06:25 AM
Rooney is a good striker at domestic level, but he really isn't mobile enough or pacy enough at European level. I have no doubt some people will point to his European goals, and he has scored eight of them. But five were against Daugava Riga who were like a pub side, and another was a penalty. In Europe the defenders are often too clever for him and he labours as he did last night.

Don't get me wrong I think he is a major asset over the course of a season, I just feel he should have been withdrawn about twenty minutes before he was. For the next leg I hope we will use a striker with more pace.

Oh by the way welcome back Kari.

I hesitate to completely agree as I think 'Roons' (as the players seem to irritatingly call him) has enough in his locker to surprise people but I do think there's some truth in it unfortunately. We can't be quite as 2 dimensional in Europe and he certainly can't afford to be even slightly off the boil.....hence why he looked like he was carrying a gunshot wound for most of the game. I think we're going to sign Moult it seems and Maloney. Where exactly they fit in, who the duck knows.

And indeed, welcome back Kari. I think he could make a huge impact. Hope he can stay fit as Reynolds and O'Connor just doesn't look good in the middle.

GGMDONS
15-07-2017, 01:44 PM
Credit where its due the board have backed the manager & the squad is taking place, we look like we could be stronger this season.

We still want Moult & Maloney but I would rather have another central defender/midfielder, as I can't see where Maloney would fit in the team along with all the others players we have signed. I can only see him starting instead of Christie against Celtic.

ToonsClock4am
15-07-2017, 02:26 PM

marvellous...smash the c*unts indeed, please do Arnie

andoplzcumbak
15-07-2017, 04:18 PM
Deeeeeeelighted with this news.

Hopefully we can squeeze through on Thursday as I think he'll be invaluable in Europe..

mondo_notion
15-07-2017, 04:43 PM
Deeeeeeelighted with this news.

Hopefully we can squeeze through on Thursday as I think he'll be invaluable in Europe..

Can we play him in Europa? Will he be able to play on Thursday?

RedStarTorphins
15-07-2017, 04:44 PM

No.
He'd needed to have signed before the first leg.
Stuck with O'Connor & Reynolds

mondo_notion
15-07-2017, 05:00 PM
No.
He'd needed to have signed before the first leg.
Stuck with O'Connor & Reynolds

Can we dress him up as Mark Reynolds?

Landvetter83
15-07-2017, 06:02 PM
Yes. Nice one Kari.

Hopefully the same impact as Russell Anderson coming back in 2013

andoplzcumbak
15-07-2017, 06:53 PM

Can we not play him in the next round or is that him out for the whole thing?

foreveradon
15-07-2017, 08:33 PM
Can we not play him in the next round or is that him out for the whole thing?
No sure hes fine for next round
Pity we didnt get him a week before cud have made the difference of Progressing as i think we cud leak more goals on thursday without him

TheRedRichard
15-07-2017, 10:44 PM
well a 2-2 draw would see us through nicely :) Then Kari can get to play with his Cypriot pals.

fittiered
15-07-2017, 11:14 PM
Off Twitter. This is a belter and be good to see the lego eater being run ragged and put in his place fae Kari.

DollyLongstaffe
16-07-2017, 03:50 PM
Canna pretend I'm delighted given previously expressed reservations but will obviously get behind him in a red shirt and hope he proves the doubters, me included, very wrong.

deedon
23-07-2017, 02:25 PM
Started against Brechin today and scores...

Pacman1903
23-07-2017, 02:39 PM
Started against Brechin today and scores...

Was it a PJM-esque 112 yard howitzer

deedon
23-07-2017, 03:28 PM
Was it a PJM-esque 112 yard howitzer

Tap in by all acounts after being set up by Rooney...

theram1975
23-07-2017, 03:51 PM
Tap in by all acounts after being set up by Rooney...

It would have been a 127 yard tap in though.

Pacman1903
23-07-2017, 04:58 PM
Turns out it was a header from a Tansey corner..........reports are unclear of the distance but its rumoured to be 99 yards

NewOrleansRed
23-07-2017, 05:08 PM
Turns out it was a header from a Tansey corner..........reports are unclear of the distance but its rumoured to be 99 yards

I'm hearing that he melted it from Montrose town centre and it walloped in off the bar in Brechin.

Aldo1983
23-07-2017, 05:50 PM
I'm hearing that he melted it from Montrose town centre and it walloped in off the bar in Brechin.

Odd because I heard that it was Ryan Jack's Mitre Delta he took off him and then leathered it in off Scott Brown's face...from St Kilda.

NaeMairNeeps
24-07-2017, 01:29 AM
Nah ... yer aa wrang. Ah wis spikkin tae him in Union Square, askin why he wisna playin, when suddenly, he ran intae the H&M fittin booth, appeared half a second later wi eez strip on under a shiny red cape, put one fist aloft, took aff vertically through a neatly walloped hole in the roof cryin 'Once a Don, always a Don' .... and apparently made it tae Brechin in time tae intercept a lobbed passback intended for Lewis, which was headin ower the crossbar until Arnie thundered a divin heider the full length o the pitch and intae the Brechin net afore their keeper could get eez finger oot eez hooter :D

Jussi
25-07-2017, 11:52 AM
If only we had he ambition to pay him, rather than sell to Rotherham .

RED_JOHN
11-09-2017, 07:58 PM
McInnes will play Arnason....just sparingly as I don't think he fits in with what Del has planned. I am convinced the Arnason deal was pushed onto Del rather than him wanting to desperately getting him in.
Our defence at the moment is weak...Hearts came up against an on form Joe Lewis and he earned us a point. We looked very vulnerable when they were attacking through the middle of our defence.
In fairness to Del we have the same points as the team at the top of the league...although we are not top because we sacrificed an attacking player to fit Ball into our sitting midfield mantra that McInnes craves.
Hopefully in the next match he changes to something more creative and we really go at Kilmarnock.

deedon
11-09-2017, 08:00 PM
What the f*ck is the point of that article? Seriously.

andoplzcumbak
11-09-2017, 08:16 PM
What the f*ck is the point of that article? Seriously.

Its the Daily Ranger. Anything that could possibly upset us, the team and/or management will do for them.

InversneckieDob
11-09-2017, 08:29 PM
I heard Willo Flood left his hat behind when he signed for jooooot.

Just saying.

Pacman1903
11-09-2017, 08:30 PM
I heard Willo Flood left his hat behind when he signed for jooooot.

Just saying.

Shays hat was it not, wee willos willy

InversneckieDob
11-09-2017, 09:20 PM
Shays hat was it not, wee willos willy

I didnae want to get bogged down in the minutia, "Whose hat?" "Whose Willie?" ............details.
More a commentary on the prevailing culture.

Landvetter83
16-09-2017, 08:00 AM
Nae getting a game because O'Connor is better just now. So explains Deek in today's Presser.

donsdaft
16-09-2017, 08:48 AM
Fair enough

Everyone just expected o'Connor to be replaced.

He has stepped up a level though and is obviously prepared to fight for his place. Good on him.

Aldo1983
16-09-2017, 08:58 AM
O'Connor might have been decent last few games but he gives the team and the fans the Langfield syndrome.

RedStarTorphins
16-09-2017, 09:17 AM
Fair enough

Everyone just expected o'Connor to be replaced.

He has stepped up a level though and is obviously prepared to fight for his place. Good on him.

Reynolds needs replaced.
And not with Considine, milk turns quicker

thebeachend
16-09-2017, 10:55 AM
Nae getting a game because O'Connor is better just now. So explains Deek in today's Presser.

likely play now today

Skacel
16-09-2017, 12:52 PM
likely play now today

Correcto. He is starting today.

LED
16-09-2017, 01:52 PM
To be honest I always thought Kari was a good player for 6 months in a very poor Aberdeen team at the time. This Aberdeen team and set up is totally different. In saying that I hope he plays well

thebeachend
16-09-2017, 02:00 PM
Correcto. He is starting today.

Why I just cant take to DM. Bit of a smart ass if you ask me, contrary radge!

Hairdrier
16-09-2017, 02:16 PM
YasssMay

donsdaft
16-09-2017, 05:16 PM
Class from Arnason today.
He strolled through that.

Unfortunately everyone else thought that strolling was enough too.

sheepcrooky
16-09-2017, 05:20 PM

Agreed. He was very good today and made defending look easy. Unfortunately, our midfield and forwards made defending look easy as well.

Feck_the_Huns
16-09-2017, 05:41 PM

Spot on.

Totally strolled it.

and yet some folk on Twitter think his legs have gone.

Millers_Tash
16-09-2017, 05:42 PM
Spot on.

Totally strolled it.

I don't think he ever had legs to lose, to be honest. As long as we don't play too high against a team with pace, he'll be absolutely fine.

stansmith
16-09-2017, 05:46 PM

No doubt they rate players everyone hates and hate the favourites.

Bores.

rico94
16-09-2017, 09:31 PM
I thought he was fine along with the rest of the defence,it was the midfield and forwards that were pysh today.

blowupsheep
17-09-2017, 03:08 AM
I thought he was fine along with the rest of the defence,it was the midfield and forwards that were pysh today.

Maynard raised the bar and brought the meaning of pysh to a whole new level that not a lot of people can reach, can't see a player in there at all......

Landvetter83
17-09-2017, 09:00 AM

Yes. Agree. I was particularly impressed with Arnason's concentration. I watched him for a few spells in the game and he was really on it. Very Good performance. Sadly his @rse got an assist with the Killie goal.

Landvetter83
17-09-2017, 09:01 AM
Maynard raised the bar and brought the meaning of pysh to a whole new level that not a lot of people can reach, can't see a player in there at all......

Although this is a thread about Arnason, and you should normally be pulled up for forum etiquette, I cannot argue with your assessment of Maynard. Pants!

kigoretrout
21-09-2017, 10:49 AM
Interesting to see whether he keeps his place tonight. In his post match interview he said he had just tried to keep it simple and hoped that was enough to keep his place in the team. Don't know if that was his decision or acting on instructions of Deek. Seems sensible as some of his Hollywood passes have been pretty wasteful in the few times he has been on the park prior to Saturday.

I still think there may be a bit of a cultural clash with him and Deek. Arnie seems very laid back and probably isn't seen as one of the boys. I still think he has a lot to give. Much as I have felt O'Connor has been reasonable I don't think playing centre half is his natural position and he seems to lack confidence letting his head go down if he makes a mistake etc.

standfreelee
21-09-2017, 12:16 PM
i reckon its just dereks way of showing arnason that he's the boss. until he shows consistent good form he may be in and oot.

thebeachend
21-09-2017, 08:10 PM
i reckon its just dereks way of showing arnason that he's the boss. until he shows consistent good form he may be in and oot.

So all above say he strolled it, played well, solid performer.......then out the team. DM, never take to him.

standfreelee
21-09-2017, 08:42 PM
aye possibly... before he came on tonight there was a weird bit of body language between the two

Hairdrier
21-09-2017, 09:14 PM
It looks like Aberdeen have signed a bunch of prima donnas, just a theory.

sheepcrooky
21-09-2017, 09:23 PM
Arnason played okay tonight when he came on. How the **** Reynolds started is a complete mystery. Maybe McInnes thought because Motherwell play early long balls to their strikers , we needed his pace. Sometimes McInnes outthinks himself.

64syrupofjarvie
06-10-2017, 08:15 PM
Scores for Iceland tonight!

Aldo1983
06-10-2017, 08:57 PM
Iceland just need a point against whipping boys Kosovo at home to go to the world cup.

We need to extend Kari's contract at least to get that world cup players bonus. Plus it'll give us something to keep us interested.

Aldo1983
06-10-2017, 09:08 PM
His goal was similar to the one against the Jutes ;D

https://youtu.be/tDn1EjY0J5U

fairliered
06-10-2017, 09:36 PM
So if Scotland play Iceland in the World Cup, Kari plays for Iceland sand Strachan picks the usual ****e (that means you, Morrison, Bannan and Brown), who do you support?

C'mon Iceland!

Hairdrier
06-10-2017, 09:51 PM
Amazing result for Iceland, sitting on top of a group with Ukraine, Turkey and Croatia in it.
Good luck to them. Great to have an Aberdeen player involved as well.

rico94
06-10-2017, 10:53 PM
Iceland just need a point against whipping boys Kosovo at home to go to the world cup.

We need to extend Kari's contract at least to get that world cup players bonus. Plus it'll give us something to keep us interested.

Agreed.

He could easily do another year in the SPFL if he can still play at international level.I just hope McInnes continues with him and McKenna in defence as they look like our best option.

Aldo1983
06-10-2017, 11:11 PM
Agreed.

He could easily do another year in the SPFL if he can still play at international level.I just hope McInnes continues with him and McKenna in defence as they look like our best option.

Disappointed with McKenna tonight against the Nigels. Got caught flat footed which was fair enough but he didn't even bother trying to make up for it, he just stopped and stood still.

rico94
06-10-2017, 11:35 PM
Disappointed with McKenna tonight against the Nigels. Got caught flat footed which was fair enough but he didn't even bother trying to make up for it, he just stopped and stood still.

Didn't see the game tonight but to be fair he is young and will make mistakes for us too.

I would still rather have a 20 year old making mistakes for us than the two 30 year olds who will never get the mistakes out of their game.

InversneckieDob
07-10-2017, 05:33 AM

Haven't seen the game or even the goals, but at this stage, it's possibly a good learning experience getting ripped by right high quality players....... especially nae for us.

Aldo1983
07-10-2017, 07:20 AM
Didn't see the game tonight but to be fair he is young and will make mistakes for us too.

I would still rather have a 20 year old making mistakes for us than the two 30 year olds who will never get the mistakes out of their game.

I said in another post that him making mistakes is part and parcel of being a young centre half. It was just the way he gave up that was a bit poor. Him and souttar were not bad last night against a decent England team.