PDA

View Full Version : RedTV - not even 1 game in and its ƒucked

DonVincenzo (The II)
13-07-2017, 06:42 PM
anyone else getting scripting errors, payment errors (even though I'm subscribed just fine)?

yet again RedTV is a joke

LammyTS1
13-07-2017, 06:44 PM
Yes. Been trying for 10 minutes.

man-erg
13-07-2017, 06:45 PM
anyone else getting scripting errors, payment errors (even though I'm subscribed just fine)?

yet again RedTV is a joke

Yep. Site seems to be down. Keeps asking me to subscribe .... again.

awafaehame
13-07-2017, 06:46 PM
Yes. Been trying for 10 minutes.

Every fvcking season its the same!!! Come on to fvck lads, it isnt that hard to figure out!!

BorneoRed
13-07-2017, 06:49 PM
Unbelievable. Come on FFS.

bpdon
13-07-2017, 06:50 PM
You are ahead of me - I can't even get logged in.

awafaehame
13-07-2017, 06:52 PM

Now got it on, seems ok now....finally

shep
13-07-2017, 06:53 PM
Same for me in Paris. New season, same sub standard ****e from Red TV.

BorneoRed

same

ToonsClock4am
My stream excellent, and no commentary, even better

DonVincenzo (The II)
13-07-2017, 06:54 PM

LammyTS1
13-07-2017, 06:55 PM
No, nothing.

Where can I gete a stream seein redtv is facked

macattack
13-07-2017, 06:58 PM
No, nothing.

Where can I gete a stream seein redtv is facked

No chance pal I have been trying for the last 15 mins :blue:

NewOrleansRed
13-07-2017, 06:59 PM

This is UTTER ****. Same here as well.

LammyTS1
13-07-2017, 06:59 PM
Still can't log in.

thebeachend
13-07-2017, 07:00 PM
can't login need a stream, anyone?

thebeachend
13-07-2017, 07:03 PM
christie scored, ffs redtv. this is pish

DonVincenzo (The II)
13-07-2017, 07:05 PM
you would have to really hate some çunt to do this.....5417

its_a_goal
13-07-2017, 07:07 PM
Red tv flocked. Can't find other streams. Wife and daughter advising me to calm down. Easy for them to say.

bpdon
13-07-2017, 07:10 PM
Thats me in now

LammyTS1
13-07-2017, 07:12 PM
When u pay for additional wifi, wake up in the middle of the night and got work couple hours after the match......

bigj
13-07-2017, 07:13 PM
Red tv flocked. Can't find other streams. Wife and daughter advising me to calm down. Easy for them to say.

A little bit off topic but as someone living in southern England I used to find the use of hola very useful. Can any of you techie guys suggest any ways around this. I'd rather give the club money to watch the game illegally rather than just watch it illegally

LammyTS1
13-07-2017, 07:16 PM
logged in now but still error message and no stream.

its_a_goal
13-07-2017, 07:18 PM
I can login (eventually) but there's no match tab.

DonVincenzo (The II)
13-07-2017, 07:19 PM
can you believe that the email i just got from the tech guy said 'have you checked your flash doesn't need updated?'

i work with computers you utter Diçk!

LammyTS1
13-07-2017, 07:20 PM
I can login (eventually) but there's no match tab.

same here

shep
13-07-2017, 07:21 PM
They won't even let me send a cancellation e-mail!! Oh but I ****ing will though. Utter shambles. Again.

its_a_goal
13-07-2017, 07:22 PM
I now have a match tab, but it's asking me to select payment method when I've already subscribed. Oh MA heid.

LammyTS1
13-07-2017, 07:23 PM
Now asking me for a payment method even tho logged in!

LammyTS1
13-07-2017, 07:25 PM
400 error code now

its_a_goal
13-07-2017, 07:32 PM
43 minutes in to the game and I finally have the video feed but the picture is so hazy either it's a crap feed or I'm very very very pished. I think it's a crap feed.

LammyTS1
13-07-2017, 07:35 PM
Yes finally got stream as they walked off the pitch but its breaking up badly and couldnt even see the replay of the goal.

Now froze....

ToonsClock4am
13-07-2017, 07:43 PM
strange everyone having trouble, like i said above my stream has been excellent the entire first half with added bonus of crowd noise only...nice goal!

irnbru1903
13-07-2017, 07:44 PM
Yayyy moving pictures what a revelation!

Now froze with Shay picking his nose ... superb. You can always rely on Redtv for value for money. Incompetence is not only available at chairman level.

its_a_goal
13-07-2017, 07:52 PM
a new half. same old ****. "file could not be played". great!

LammyTS1
13-07-2017, 08:02 PM
Can now view but breaking up badly

macattack
13-07-2017, 08:04 PM
Can now view but breaking up badly

I have given up :blue:

DonVincenzo (The II)
13-07-2017, 08:23 PM
I wish i had given up

DonUnder
13-07-2017, 10:12 PM
2:30am thro to 4.00am had the same. Then refreshed and got a picture taken from the South stand - thanks for that! Got to go to work now tired and angry great. Kuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Edit: Just received:

Please refresh your browser.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Red TV Support

First reply I have ever received from them and as useless as the service. I hope their next sh1te is a pickled porcupine against the nap!

BorneoRed
13-07-2017, 10:16 PM
2:30am thro to 4.00am had the same. Then refreshed and got a picture taken from the South stand - thanks for that! Got to go to work now tired and angry great. Kuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Exactly the same. Gave up after a hour of trying everything. Now in the office, tired and pi$$ed off.

LammyTS1
14-07-2017, 03:25 AM
Woke up at 1:30am.
Couldnt get signed in,
then when in no match tab,
then when it appeared there was error message 400,
then a still picture behind the south stand,
then it worked, a stream of the players leaving the pitch at half time,
at least i'll see replay of goal, no cause stream was breaking up badly,
finally got to see the last half hour,
didnt go back to sleep so stayed up after it had ended about 3:45am & now at work.
See how long i'll last.

shep
14-07-2017, 05:06 PM
Cancelled my subscription today. Not paying for that crap for another season.

BorneoRed
14-07-2017, 11:28 PM
Got home from work last night and checked redtv.... working perfectly.......b@astards.

DoctorWhy
15-07-2017, 12:15 AM
I emailed them and again they talk down the issues, emphasising that i'm in the 'minority' and a 'small' number of users experienced the same issues. Just about everyone on this thread had the same issue! They keep pushing it back on me, advising to check my computer for anti virus software and sh!t, but there's nothing wrong with my PC! He also said that they streamed 41 games last season with no issues ... I had issues on many occasions last season, as did most everyone else. The service was better / more reliable years ago FFS. Very frustrating.

LA_Red
15-07-2017, 12:38 AM
I emailed them and again they talk down the issues, emphasising that i'm in the 'minority' and a 'small' number of users experienced the same issues. Just about everyone on this thread had the same issue! They keep pushing it back on me, advising to check my computer for anti virus software and sh!t, but there's nothing wrong with my PC! He also said that they streamed 41 games last season with no issues ... I had issues on many occasions last season, as did most everyone else. The service was better / more reliable years ago FFS. Very frustrating.

Do you have the direct email address? I used the Contact Us link during and after the game with no response. I don't want to cancel my subscription but if this isn't sorted it's money down the drain.

awafaehame
15-07-2017, 02:41 AM
Do you have the direct email address? I used the Contact Us link during and after the game with no response. I don't want to cancel my subscription but if this isn't sorted it's money down the drain.

i used the same method and still am waiting for a response.......

BorneoRed
15-07-2017, 05:45 AM
i used the same method and still am waiting for a response.......

Also still waiting for a response. Not holding my breath after reading DoctorWhy's post.

DonUnder
15-07-2017, 08:37 AM
Also still waiting for a response. Not holding my breath after reading DoctorWhy's post.

The first and only response I have ever had is the one posted previously. Impersonal and system generated. If I thought I could get pro-rata money back I would but I paid in advance for the year.
If someone can post the direct contact details then, perhaps, if we all contact them there might be some sort of contrition?
Otherwise it's back to early hours of Sunday morning several beers to the good battering fck out of my poor keyboard and waking up to check the score on my phone.

action09
15-07-2017, 08:45 AM
Is RedTv International defunct? On holiday for the Hamilton game and as going to renew my account so I can watch it live but only get UK Monthly / Yearly options?

donsdaft
15-07-2017, 10:13 AM
Where are you logging in from?

If it's the UK then you will only get these options.

Find a way to be "abroad" and the international payment options should come up.

man-erg
15-07-2017, 10:30 AM
Where are you logging in from?

If it's the UK then you will only get these options.

Find a way to be "abroad" and the international payment options should come up.

Last year you didn't have to be "abroad" to get the International version. You do to watch it though.

weejoeharper
15-07-2017, 10:43 AM
RedTV sadly are just not up to it. I complained last year about the sound quality when the commentators are talking. It sounds so tinny like it was from really cheap speakers. They said it was to to with the vpn I was using which I accepted at the time. However it's not. The sound quality from the videos on the club site is just the same, really poor. I'm on a macbook but have listened on a PC too and channeled the sound through a decent sound system. It's just the same for me each time. Am I the only one that gets this low quality sound? And don't get me started on the quality of the stream...:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Feck_the_Huns
15-07-2017, 12:46 PM
I'm on holiday abroad at the moment, and tried to access RedTv unsuccessfully on Thu night.

I just have the standard £5.99 UK package, but should it have automatically detected I was abroad this week and given me the live footage of the game? Sure I did so two years back for the Riecka away game

As it turned out, I couldn't get into the RedTv website at all!!

kkong
15-07-2017, 06:32 PM
RedTV sadly are just not up to it. I complained last year about the sound quality when the commentators are talking. It sounds so tinny like it was from really cheap speakers. They said it was to to with the vpn I was using which I accepted at the time. However it's not. The sound quality from the videos on the club site is just the same, really poor. I'm on a macbook but have listened on a PC too and channeled the sound through a decent sound system. It's just the same for me each time. Am I the only one that gets this low quality sound? And don't get me started on the quality of the stream...:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Yes, it's obvious they are using amateur equipment.

No gain limiting

Like the whole club, it's embarrassingly unprofessional.

Witness the messages today about season tickets not going to be ready in time.

You can code and print 1,000 cards a day with a £4,000 printer. Why you need to blame the late delivery on a cheap outsourcing company is beyond me.

But then, this is the same company who knows it's sold out the south stand and doesn't open 4 turnstiles because they couldn't be arsed fitting the new readers to those turnstiles.

The Trading Sheep
15-07-2017, 06:37 PM
No F_t_H I don't believe it works like that, they've tightened up & I think you would still need an Intl subscription in the first place

BUT they opened it up to ALL RedTV subscribers on Thursday irrespective of location/subscription package so you should still have got it.

I do wonder if that's what caused the problems?

I managed to see parts of the game and I was in florida. Got about 20 mins of each half. Not sure if I had crap internet or not which may have been my issue. I do however only have the standard version too

mondo_notion
15-07-2017, 06:49 PM
Yes, it's obvious they are using amateur equipment.

No gain limiting

Like the whole club, it's embarrassingly unprofessional.

Witness the messages today about season tickets not going to be ready in time.

You can code and print 1,000 cards a day with a £4,000 printer. Why you need to blame the late delivery on a cheap outsourcing company is beyond me.

But then, this is the same company who knows it's sold out the south stand and doesn't open 4 turnstiles because they couldn't be arsed fitting the new readers to those turnstiles.

The whole season ticket delay thing is quite embarrassing really, how long's that been now?

BorneoRed
15-07-2017, 10:27 PM
Not even a statement with an excuse. Very poor indeed.
Let's see what happens on Thursday.

fittiered
15-07-2017, 10:41 PM
Well I hope it's open to all for free viewing whether international or U.K.

blowupsheep
16-07-2017, 03:27 AM
This is happening way too often, I have been a subscriber of red TV international for years now and i must admit I live in hope that one it will become a better service. I know the away games is out with the control of the club but this latest shambolic service from the club is really pissing me off. I donate 8.99 per month to receive the service of red TV international and to be honest I would pay what ever it needs in order for me to be able to watch the games, but in all honesty the service or shall I say lack of service is totally shambolic and unacceptable, I hope the club are reading some of the posts on here and maybe just MAYBE they might decide to try and do something about it. I have given up sending complaint emails to them as they do sweet fk all apart from continue to take my monthly donation 😡😡😡😡😡
Totallypissedoffdotcom

Don_Corleone
16-07-2017, 01:00 PM
I've subscribed for 3 years now, and in the main have been happy enough with the service. It would be good if the coverage was comprehensive as it's annoying sometimes when there's only audio coverage for some games. Would also be good if the full match replays were uploaded quicker, as it's usually difficult to hold off from finding out the score for a whole evening before they become available quite late at night.

I've had some issues with it not loading and cutting out part way through games but not too often thankfully. Another slight annoyance is that I just got an email last week saying they have automatically renewed my annual subscription of £85 without asking me first. I would have renewed anyway, but would have liked to have been asked. I guess I probably watched near enough 30 live games last year, and most of the highlights from Development League and lots of interviews, so when you work it all out its decent value for money. Hope Thursdays game is on live as it's a huge match that could set the tone for the season one way or another.

BorneoRed
16-07-2017, 10:47 PM
I've had some issues with it not loading and cutting out part way through games but not too often thankfully. Another slight annoyance is that I just got an email last week saying they have automatically renewed my annual subscription of £85 without asking me first. I would have renewed anyway, but would have liked to have been asked. I guess I probably watched near enough 30 live games last year, and most of the highlights from Development League and lots of interviews, so when you work it all out its decent value for money. Hope Thursdays game is on live as it's a huge match that could set the tone for the season one way or another.

I'm with you on this one Don C. I have been a subscriber for many years and would also pay whatever it takes to watch the games as I think its great value.
Gone are the days when it took 3 hours to watch a game,but in fairness (most of the time) the quality has been very good.
However, with the advanced technology there is nowadays, there is no excuse for last week.
I'm looking forward to Thursday night, or I should say, the early hours of Friday morning and think we will do it.
A wee trip to Cyprus would be nice.

ILikeJam
17-07-2017, 07:56 AM
Another one who had all this crap. Although I never got to see any of the game whatsoever. Got 403 errors the whole time and the standard "Refresh your browser" email reply. Nothing like RedTV to get the blood boiling.

There was a very similar thread to this on Twitter underneath AFCs announcement that the game would be shown on RedTV in the UK.

Yes I have f*cking refreshed my browser every 10 f*cking seconds for the last 60 f*cking minutes you d*ck!! In fact I've been refreshing all 3 f*cking browsers that I have open and they all show the same f*cking error so f*cking fix it!

Watching Hamilton or St Johnstone at 3pm on a Saturday is always flawless, but as soon as there's half a hint of a big game it tends to go to sh*t without fail.

Although in this case it was maybe a blessing in disguise...

LA_Red
17-07-2017, 02:33 PM
Finally got a response. Doesn't make me hopeful that they know what's going on. I did point out that the message boards were lit up with complaints so make sure and fix it at their end first.

"Thank you for your email and apologies that you did not receive a reply for the email you sent in on Thursday night.

At present our technical team are investigating the issue and at this time we are awaiting their report back to us.

Apologies once again for the technical issues you had and we are running many tests ahead of Thursday night."

Jussi
17-07-2017, 02:59 PM
There was a superb picture from their first match vOrdabassi > sportsdevil - kodi.
no commentary , would've have been in Bosnian anyway.
Hopefully this game will be on there again.

i was going to try for REDtv with the home game, but saw all the comments first.
They really make hard work of getting subscribers.

LammyTS1
20-07-2017, 11:11 AM
I've also reported the issues last Thursday.

Explaining unable to log in, then no match page and then error codes 4000 & 4003.

If everyone does the same then they should realise it isn't a browser problem but a red tv issue at their end.

bpdon
20-07-2017, 08:00 PM
Groan. Unwatchable service since half time. FFS.

LammyTS1
20-07-2017, 08:11 PM
Once again,waste of time.

LA_Red
20-07-2017, 08:52 PM
Once again,waste of time.

I tried just after half time on iOS and PC using Firefox, Safari and Explorer. Each time it just refreshed the page and no video.

Surprisingly enough the support guys got back at me asap this week. That's good. They then told me to check Flash was updated (on iOS ???). Then told me to try Chrome - this worked perfectly. That and 2-0 away from home has made me a happy camper.

Sounds like they've done some upgrades and broken some of the platform support. If anyone else has issues next week then suggest they might try Chrome as it smells like they've prioritized on this browser first as it's usually the easiest to update for video streaming. Maybe they'll get to the others at some point.

BorneoRed
20-07-2017, 10:35 PM
Worked perfect for me, a little glitch at 2 minutes then no problems.
I use Chrome, so maybe thats the way to go. Roll on next Thursday and a possible wee trip to Cyprus the following week. COYR

awafaehame
21-07-2017, 05:09 AM
Worked perfect for me, a little glitch at 2 minutes then no problems.
I use Chrome, so maybe thats the way to go. Roll on next Thursday and a possible wee trip to Cyprus the following week. COYR

Worked perfect for me too.
I am quick to jump on them when its crap, but last night was faultless for me.

I also use chrome and was on a mac, if that helps anything......

LammyTS1
21-07-2017, 06:41 AM
Yes, I use Chrome also. Will have to check for flash updates but I only bought notebook few weeks ago with windows 10 so thought everything would be updated.

When I eventually got video, it was breaking up continuously. No flow. I ended up watching premier tv stream and it was spot on!

awafaehame
21-07-2017, 07:20 AM
Yes, I use Chrome also. Will have to check for flash updates but I only bought notebook few weeks ago with windows 10 so thought everything would be updated.

When I eventually got video, it was breaking up continuously. No flow. I ended up watching premier tv stream and it was spot on!

I don't want to sound like i am telling my granny how to suck eggs, here, but it is something i missed previously.
If you are watching the streaming, the setting of the playback is on AUTO by default. I have had to lower it to about 720 or sometimes even 540 when my net isn't that great here in the middle east, and it works perfectly with that.
I still get a reasonably good picture with no interruptions whatsoever.

Don_Corleone
21-07-2017, 07:51 AM
I always use Chrone - seems to work fine most of the time. Last night was fine with the exception of a couple of occasions where the picture went fuzzy and the page then reloaded and it sorted itself out in a minute or two.

LammyTS1
21-07-2017, 08:30 AM
I don't want to sound like i am telling my granny how to suck eggs, here, but it is something i missed previously.
If you are watching the streaming, the setting of the playback is on AUTO by default. I have had to lower it to about 720 or sometimes even 540 when my net isn't that great here in the middle east, and it works perfectly with that.

Ah yes ok. will try that next time.

Cheers

kkong
21-07-2017, 10:09 PM

Since around January, Chrome has Flash disabled by default because it's a security risk.

You should see a little message in the right of the address box, which you can click to enable Flash on a case-by-case basis.

KIWIRED
21-07-2017, 10:22 PM
I get the same 404 error, plus it rarely seems to start on time, kicks in after the match start

We all have different size computers some more powerful than others, but we all seem to have issues

Its not brilliant and very very frustating

Getting up at 3am in New Zealand to watch a shakey picture, that freezes constantly is not accetable

I subscribe yearly since it started, its very hit and miss

ILikeJam
24-07-2017, 08:48 AM
Once again I logged in to get the errors. Tried Chrome, Edge and IE and all were the same.

The fact that I pay for a service from the very club involved and it doesn't work, when I can (much more easily) watch it illegally for free is just infuriating. They seem to be actively pushing people towards SportsDevil

ToonsClock4am
24-07-2017, 11:29 AM

Yes me too, I got onto the guys at Red Tv about an unwatchable screen right at the start of the game last week, and they got back to me straight away (as they ALWAYS have done in the past I must add) and suggested I tried this, which is something I had completely missed previously. This is my 4th year with Red Tv and I can count the amount of times Ive had to go to another stream because of poor quality Red Tv on the one hand. And like I touched on above, their reply is always within a couple of minutes, something I always find quite impressive.

DonVincenzo (The II)
27-07-2017, 06:40 PM
And here we go again....64mbps and an aspect ratio a Snes would be proud of in 1985 with matchstick men.

I fear for the new stadium if this is what we think entertainment is.

DonVincenzo (The II)
27-07-2017, 06:52 PM
This is what 100mb fibre optic looks like on RedTV>

WHAT A JOKE!

LA_Red
27-07-2017, 07:21 PM
Mines working fine this week. Used Chrome as suggested on my iPad and no issues whatsoever.

dondon
27-07-2017, 07:42 PM
Mines working fine this week. Used Chrome as suggested on my iPad and no issues whatsoever.

Fine here too (Denia)...

irnbru1903
27-07-2017, 07:44 PM
I use Edge and it has mostly been fine for me too although it does go out of focus occasionally. Much better than the last couple of games.

blowupsheep
28-07-2017, 11:20 AM
Long time subscriber and user and of Red TV international and I guess a long time complainer as well, but living overseas for as long as I have then beggers cant be choosers and all that.
Anyway credit where credit is due last night picture quality was nigh on perfect, did not have any commentary for the last 20 minutes of first half but I can live with that ;D

COYR next week

BorneoRed
28-07-2017, 11:26 PM
Long time subscriber and user and of Red TV international and I guess a long time complainer as well, but living overseas for as long as I have then beggers cant be choosers and all that.
Anyway credit where credit is due last night picture quality was nigh on perfect, did not have any commentary for the last 20 minutes of first half but I can live with that ;D

COYR next week

Strange how it effects some subscribers in different ways. I had a perfect picture, and sound, the whole game. :D