PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Football

bongosdad
13-07-2017, 09:19 PM
BB has kindly organised the villamad league. Let's hope some old faces turn up and give it a go.
Good luck for the new season!!

The code is 317890-78019

yubbywelch
14-07-2017, 07:02 AM
Automatically has put me in from last season, assuming it's the same league

legends thus far
Billesley Villans Mike Di Matteo
Samson Villa Sam Hubball
Hotwifeihave Justin welch

yubbywelch
14-07-2017, 07:11 AM
Just punched in code, and it is the same league

ozfan
14-07-2017, 07:36 AM
Automatically in as well. Looking forward to the fun!

VillaRosie
14-07-2017, 03:35 PM
Have you noticed the All Out Attack chip has been replaced by a new Free Hit one.

Free Hit
Make unlimited free transfers for a single Gameweek. At the next deadline your squad is returned to how it was at the start of the Gameweek.

That will be a big decision for our mangers to make. 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

samhubball
14-07-2017, 06:02 PM
Have you noticed the All Out Attack chip has been replaced by a new Free Hit one.

Free Hit
Make unlimited free transfers for a single Gameweek. At the next deadline your squad is returned to how it was at the start of the Gameweek.

That will be a big decision for our mangers to make. 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔
Ooooo I like that :) I will almost definitely use it at exactly the wrong time tho!

Jesus! Is 10.5m
Don't be fooled into rushing in for Harry Kane either - always starts slowly and at Wembley for the season I think spurs will struggle.

Who is putting walker in now he is the most expensive defender in the world?

TrianonDave
14-07-2017, 06:20 PM
Am I missing something here? Feeling like the kid at school who just found out his mates have a tree house and I don't know where it is!! 🤔

samhubball
14-07-2017, 06:54 PM
This is the No Daves allowed club

VillaRosie
14-07-2017, 07:02 PM
Dave

You can find us on the Premier League Fantasy Football League site.

https://fantasy.premierleague.com/

Just follow the instructions and pick your team and then you will see join a league put in BB's code 317890-78019 and you will join the Villa Mad League and see our teams.

As long as your not too good of course 😜😛😝.

PS we are very competitive. 😌😉

TrianonDave
14-07-2017, 07:07 PM
Thanks VR I might just have a peak at that tree house 😎

MissWinnie
14-07-2017, 07:07 PM
Wow! Sam and Rosie were quick! I was just logging in with some instructions for TD and there they were! Why is it always the girls who are the helpful ones? O:) :D

Yes, please join, Dave. Any problems signing up just yell!

I got an auto entry to the League too! Warriors in!

Thanks BB and Bongo! :star:

TrianonDave
14-07-2017, 07:08 PM
Love it lol 😋

VillaRosie
14-07-2017, 07:13 PM
Ooooo I like that :) I will almost definitely use it at exactly the wrong time tho!

Jesus! Is 10.5m
Don't be fooled into rushing in for Harry Kane either - always starts slowly and at Wembley for the season I think spurs will struggle.

Who is putting walker in now he is the most expensive defender in the world?

I only managed to picked 8 players before I had run out of money and was scratching around for cheapo bargains. 😱

samhubball
14-07-2017, 08:32 PM

Thanks BB and Bongo! :star:[/QUOTE]

It begins

samhubball
14-07-2017, 08:33 PM
I only managed to picked 8 players before I had run out of money and was scratching around for cheapo bargains. 😱

Think here are some good bargains... but... hmm should I give away my secrets.... no

Yeah

No

Just be very careful buying players with very good scores from last year as they may not be classified as the same type of player #hewasamidfielderlastyear

bongosdad
14-07-2017, 09:02 PM
John Terry won't be a good option this year. That's my tip

samhubball
14-07-2017, 09:55 PM
Hey bongo don't go making the same rookie mistake as last year and using your wildcard before he season starts haha :P

bongosdad
14-07-2017, 10:15 PM
Enough of your cheek Sam! This season will be storming from the start.

yubbywelch
15-07-2017, 01:09 AM
I had Walker, but now that he is with City, he's out for me.

Because I signed in that code, I am now in 2 Villamad comps

picasso
17-07-2017, 07:19 AM
I've pressed in auto select. Going on a pre season tour of Corfu to assess my options.

yubbywelch
18-07-2017, 10:13 AM
Commitment. I like it.

bongosdad
18-07-2017, 10:18 AM
But you won't like finishing below me Yubby.
I wonder if freer will put his money where his mouth is and take on the challenge. Or is he scared of being thrashed by the bong.

yubbywelch
18-07-2017, 10:32 AM
No chance Bingo. And yes Sis, you've got no chance of beating me this year either.

samhubball
20-07-2017, 07:12 PM
I actually have James McArthur in my tear. Will balls everything up if he signs for us

yubbywelch
21-07-2017, 08:37 AM
he he he

ozfan
22-07-2017, 02:57 AM
Same 'ol grizzly stress lined managers then, with a bit of fresh meat. Bongo trash talking but like Gabby only had one good season.

I wonder why Freer never puts a team in ? Freer. Put a team in.

bongosdad
22-07-2017, 06:18 AM
Freer is chicken 🐓

TrianonDave
22-07-2017, 08:18 AM
Dave

You can find us on the Premier League Fantasy Football League site.

https://fantasy.premierleague.com/

Just follow the instructions and pick your team and then you will see join a league put in BB's code 317890-78019 and you will join the Villa Mad League and see our teams.

As long as your not too good of course 😜😛😝.

PS we are very competitive. 😌😉

Registered my Elite team but the code given just says ' This league is closed to new entries' boohoo

VillaRosie
22-07-2017, 09:48 AM
Registered my Elite team but the code given just says ' This league is closed to new entries' boohoo

All is not lost Dave :? BB holds the key to entry into the Villa Mad Fantasy League just need to consult with him. :O:O

TrianonDave
22-07-2017, 10:04 AM
All is not lost Dave :? BB holds the key to entry into the Villa Mad Fantasy League just need to consult with him. :O:O

Calling BB, let me in to league or are you scared?

yubbywelch
23-07-2017, 06:27 AM
Love the banter already

TrianonDave
23-07-2017, 07:21 AM
Love the banter already

Let me in........I smell a conspiracy here folks :)

MissWinnie
23-07-2017, 10:27 PM

Thanks BB and Bongo! :star:

It begins[/QUOTE]

It does indeed Sammy Hubball ... League domination will be mine ... Mwah ha ha.>;)

Well. Actually. My secret masterplan so far has been re-designing the Warriors' kit. Hope to get squillions in sponsorship and sales in the Warriors shop to raise oodles of pennies to buy 11 Messis, including one for goal.

Ok. Better go. Got lots of scribbling out of last year's sponsors on shirts to do ... Hoping no-one will notice :D

MissWinnie
23-07-2017, 10:31 PM
No chance Bingo. And yes Sis, you've got no chance of beating me this year either.

Yubby. Dubiously entering yourself into two identical VM Leagues will only render your humiliation come end of season twice as painful bro. :P

MissWinnie
23-07-2017, 10:36 PM
Calling BB, let me in to league or are you scared?

Dave. BB's the playground VM FL bouncer. You need bribes. For new boys it's your first term's dinner money. After that, he accepts claret and blue wine gums and a little tickle on the tummy. Works every time. ;D

VillaRosie
23-07-2017, 11:21 PM
I am sure we are all eager to know which initiation song Dave will be performing on admittance to the league. :p :p :p

samhubball
24-07-2017, 10:24 PM
It begins

Well. Actually. My secret masterplan so far has been re-designing the Warriors' kit. Hope to get squillions in sponsorship and sales in the Warriors shop to raise oodles of pennies to buy 11 Messis, including one for goal.

Ok. Better go. Got lots of scribbling out of last year's sponsors on shirts to do ... Hoping no-one will notice :D[/QUOTE]

I haven't even looked at my kit I've been too busy weighing up the pros and cons of having lacazette or jesus as starters. Whether or not any Huddersfield players should be included. Is Ben foster the cheap answer to a question no one asked? Will Winnie stick with her usual midfielders or be brave an include a new face?

I really want to win this year. 4th was good but my players can achieve more

stateside
24-07-2017, 11:59 PM
Sam.

Westwood is due for a breakout season. 8 goals, 12 assists and 22 forward passes. ��

yubbywelch
25-07-2017, 09:54 AM
Winnie keep focusing on how the players look sweetie.

I will focus on how fit they are.

MissWinnie
25-07-2017, 11:16 PM
Sam: "Will Winnie stick with her usual midfielders or be brave an include a new face?

I really want to win this year. 4th was good but my players can achieve more[/QUOTE]"

I'm a bit boringly predictable with my midfielders, but I do like a strong midfield, and my efforts at talent spotting the bargain up and comings usually result in me having to play my wild card one week into the season, so tried and tested it is ... If I spot any new talent after the season's begun, I'll just start baking to persuade them why they REALLY want to play for the Warriors ... Oh and they'll also look better wearing my tops than either Sam's or Yubby's. :D

MissWinnie
25-07-2017, 11:19 PM
Winnie keep focusing on how the players look sweetie.

I will focus on how fit they are.

Yubby. I want my Warriors to look their best as they hammer goal after goal into your net, bro. :P

yubbywelch
26-07-2017, 06:59 AM
Yeah that fishing trip was good. But my lads scored with bigger fish.

dazzyowen
31-07-2017, 01:41 PM
Hello fellow villans.. been a while.

Took me ages to sort a team out but finally done it n auto in too.

Bloody hard to pick a team this season tbh as prices gone up ?

yubbywelch
01-08-2017, 02:16 AM
And the added pressure of not finishing below Bingo.

yubbywelch
01-08-2017, 05:55 AM
I have 3.5mil left over after choosing the initial squad to take up this years title of Villamad's best fantasy team.

samhubball
01-08-2017, 08:46 AM
I have 3.5mil left over after choosing the initial squad to take up this years title of Villamad's best fantasy team.

Not sure if you aware that you don't get that back as a cheque in the post mate.

Spend it! Buy Harry Kane (who is a uselessly slow starter every year), and sanchez who no one knows where he is playing next year and Hazard who is out for a few months

#toptips

TrianonDave
01-08-2017, 08:50 AM
I'm still Barred!

oh well, just have join another league?

MissWinnie
01-08-2017, 09:06 PM
I'm still Barred!

oh well, just have join another league?

Hi Dave,

We'll get you in there eventually! :D

As Rosie and I were saying on the BB help thread, we think it's just because BB's settings from last season have been saved. He normally presses a button to stop new people joining after the season has started and we are pretty sure he just needs to press said button to allow new entrants again, and you'll be fine. The format has changed slightly this year. Normally, BB creates a new VM League each year, and we all have to type in a code regardless of whether we've played before but this year those of us who were in the League last season have been able to join automatically, which is why we think there's a problem for new entrants this year as it's likely BBs block on new entrants is still in place from last season.

Sam, Yubby and I have changed our team names asking BB to come on here to see the message for him. He's pretty vigilant about making sure the League is open only to VM posters and our friends and families, and he's a hard core Fantasy Leaguer so I'm sure he'll see this before the season starts.

As I said on the other thread you can still join the overall Fantasy League and create and pick your team, which is the main thing for now. If you need help, just shout. I'm sure BB will let you in as soon as he sees you are having problems. There's no advantage to joining the VM League before the season starts as all we can see is who's in and team names at the moment. We don't get to see each other's chosen teams until after kick off. I think that's to stop Yubby copying ;D

So, if you (and any other budding Leaguers) haven't already, just register, and pick your team (you can tinker with it to your hearts content up until the morning of kick off) and I'm sure our Missing in Action bouncer will let you in as soon as he's aware there's a problem.

We're the best League in town, she says ever so modestly, so we're worth waiting for! :D

Good luck!

Winnie

MissWinnie
01-08-2017, 09:17 PM
Ps. Knowing BB, he'll post on here to let you know that he's sorted it for you, so keep your eyes peeled. :)

VillaRosie
01-08-2017, 09:30 PM
Just returned from attending to my team after it has come to my attention yet another of my players appears to be 'crocked' before the season even kicks off.

We are up to 15 teams. (14 + Dave waiting impatiently in the wings) So fingers crossed we can reach around 20.

😁🤗🤗😄

yubbywelch
01-08-2017, 11:46 PM
Hmmmm I wonder if we can dig up the archives and see if last years password will still work for that comp?

MissWinnie
02-08-2017, 12:47 AM
Yubby, Rosie got her shovel out and dug out this code from last year: 9940-4082

Dave, you never know, it might be worth a go! If your team spontaeously combusts , however, please sue Yubby for compensation not me. I understand he's got £3.5 million in the bank so you should be okay. :)

TrianonDave
02-08-2017, 06:14 AM
Yubby, Rosie got her shovel out and dug out this code from last year: 9940-4082

Dave, you never know, it might be worth a go! If your team spontaeously combusts , however, please sue Yubby for compensation not me. I understand he's got £3.5 million in the bank so you should be okay. :)

Thrown, sulk, sigh......it is not to be!

Invalid code entered. Please check the code and confirm with the league administrator if you are still having problems.

picasso
02-08-2017, 07:20 AM
Dave. Just register, pick your team and play independently for now. I'm sure when BB wakes up you will be allowed into the VM league with all your points intact. It'll be good to have you (unless you finish above me of course).

TrianonDave
02-08-2017, 02:10 PM
Dave. Just register, pick your team and play independently for now. I'm sure when BB wakes up you will be allowed into the VM league with all your points intact. It'll be good to have you (unless you finish above me of course).

That's exactly what I've done Picasso, cheers for now.

Maybe my team has been leaked and BB is scared?

samhubball
02-08-2017, 07:09 PM
That's exactly what I've done Picasso, cheers for now.

Maybe my team has been leaked and BB is scared?

Who have you picked? Just tell me I won't blab

TrianonDave
02-08-2017, 08:58 PM
Who have you picked? Just tell me I won't blab

All I will say is that I spent the lot and not a Gabby in sight!!

birminghamborn
04-08-2017, 08:56 PM
Sorry guys been away. Think the code Dave needs is

317890-77943

MissWinnie
04-08-2017, 09:07 PM
Yaaay! We found you!!! We've been looking everywhere. I even went into the Blues board in case they'd kidnapped you!!

So it sounds like my theory about you just needing to press a button was completely wrong then! XD Don't tell Oz, he's convinced I'm a techno whizz! I'd hate to disillusion him .O:)

VillaRosie
05-08-2017, 01:25 PM
16 teams now registered that's including Dave.

Off the top of my head I reckon there are 3 obvious omissions States, Nuc and Emma. So come on guys.😜😛

Apologies if I have forgotten anyone.

MissWinnie
05-08-2017, 02:37 PM
Hi Rosie

I maybe wrong (don't tell Yubbs if I am :D) but I think Mr Tee might be Statesey?

We're also missing Jeiel from the regular players ...

VillaRosie
05-08-2017, 03:07 PM
Hi Rosie

I maybe wrong (don't tell Yubbs if I am :D) but I think Mr Tee might be Statesey?

We're also missing Jeiel from the regular players ...

Winnie

On reflection I think your absolutely right 👍 So after racking my brain again I think it's Jose's Uncle Tony that's missing 🤔

stateside
06-08-2017, 03:55 AM
Sorry Win. I'm not Mr Tee

yubbywelch
06-08-2017, 07:14 AM
Are you Mrs T?

stateside
06-08-2017, 12:06 PM
No Son. You did not get ALL you're family traits from me. Any more cheek and you'll get my lamé belt across the backside

samhubball
06-08-2017, 08:03 PM
Sorry Win. I'm not Mr Tee

I believe it is my uncle Tony. .. tho he won't tell me any of his team selection. Can't wait for next week. I have my plans set in place. My team looks good after weeks of tinkering! I'm going to be the Special One (in a good way) this season

picasso
06-08-2017, 08:06 PM
Half my team are already injured ��

VillaRosie
06-08-2017, 08:34 PM
I believe it is my uncle Tony. .. tho he won't tell me any of his team selection. Can't wait for next week. I have my plans set in place. My team looks good after weeks of tinkering! I'm going to be the Special One (in a good way) this season

At last the identity of the mysterious Mr Tee has been revealed. 😄

I am sure all managers are aware Arsenal v Leicester kicks the Premier League off on Friday 11th August so make sure your teams are ready to go. 🤔

samhubball
06-08-2017, 09:09 PM
At last the identity of the mysterious Mr Tee has been revealed. 😄

I am sure all managers are aware Arsenal v Leicester kicks the Premier League off on Friday 11th August so make sure your teams are ready to go. 🤔

Shhhh part of being like José is not giving anything away to other managers. And sarcastically praising other teams and coaches and referees. Don't go telling the wonderfully organised Warriors things a fantastic coach like Winnie will already know Rosie

yubbywelch
07-08-2017, 12:59 AM
No Son. You did not get ALL you're family traits from me. Any more cheek and you'll get my lamé belt across the backside

At least it's not the jug cord these days.

stateside
07-08-2017, 02:04 AM
Got to be PC

bongosdad
07-08-2017, 03:03 AM
Did you enter stateside?

stateside
07-08-2017, 11:57 AM
Not this time.

picasso
07-08-2017, 02:03 PM
After much careful consideration, four of my team now have injury problems AND I built my midfield around Coutinho. Already a right mess even before a ball has been kicked. Need to start again but have to say, a lot of players seem to be doubtful. What have these teams been doing pre-season?

samhubball
07-08-2017, 02:47 PM
After much careful consideration, four of my team now have injury problems AND I built my midfield around Coutinho. Already a right mess even before a ball has been kicked. Need to start again but have to say, a lot of players seem to be doubtful. What have these teams been doing pre-season?

It was that week of lion taming and shark cage swinning that caused these doubts. Just put 3 players from Huddersfield in, 3 from Watford, 3 from Brighton, no keeper and keep 30 mil in the bank for emergencies mate.

What's up with coutinho?

bongosdad
07-08-2017, 03:41 PM
I think the injury is bogus and he's off the Barcelona.

VillaRosie
07-08-2017, 04:17 PM
Its supposed to be a back injury but like Bongo says he could be Barcelona bound.