PDA

View Full Version : Happy Black Country day

soulman101
14-07-2017, 06:42 AM
Faggots and peas for dinner and gray peas and bacon bits for super.Flag looking good on Dudley castle.
https://www.expressandstar.com/entertainment/events/search/2017/07/14/its-black-country-day---and-were-havin-a-loff/

Albionic68
14-07-2017, 11:01 AM
Happy Black Country Day Lloyd B) .

Baggies_Boy_Tony
14-07-2017, 12:53 PM
Haven't lived there for 13 years, but there is still somethings about it that I miss

WOODLANDSWOLF
15-07-2017, 12:00 AM
Happy Black Country Day Lloyd B) .

Cheers mate!!!! O:) ;D

albion68
15-07-2017, 08:56 AM
Faggots and peas for dinner and gray peas and bacon bits for super.Flag looking good on Dudley castle.
https://www.expressandstar.com/entertainment/events/search/2017/07/14/its-black-country-day---and-were-havin-a-loff/yes Lloyd what a great idea black country day his. We don't blow our trumpet enough,about our region,unlike Yorkshire folk who have got a whole brass band that they blow.same as geordes and scouses. so get your trumpets out.

talkSAFT
15-07-2017, 09:14 AM
Dig deeper into the E&S for MP Eleanor Smith's view that the flag is racist.

It's so unbelievable the depth some tw*ts go to. She would have created a great character in a Monty Python sketch along with Diane Abbott. I really despair.

albion68
15-07-2017, 09:20 AM

It's so unbelievable the depth some tw*ts go to. She would have created a great character in a Monty Python sketch along with Diane Abbott. I really despair.
Yes just been reading it.what a stupid woman or a ILL informed woman.

viaductbaggies
15-07-2017, 10:54 AM
I don't think the flag is racist at all but it is a crap design for a flag

talkSAFT
15-07-2017, 12:42 PM
Jeremy should have a word. Even he's not quite so politically correct. Idiots like her will lose Labour so many votes she should just resign.
If she hates the West so much, I can't understand why she doesn't just return to her roots.

phild
15-07-2017, 01:04 PM
Only those who are intolerant and bigoted would view the flag as racist.

theplater
18-07-2017, 05:45 PM

This manufactured movement of a woman who has absolutely no idea of our history, no intention, it seems of even learning about it before she's been moved in, and quite clearly has nobody of any local substance advising her has made the massive mistake of doing something every modern day politician seems to have an uncanny habit of doing, opening her mouth before engaging the limited brain she was born with! The woman is black! That in itself isn't a problem but I have little doubt that might have been a reason to ship her in to this area as there definitely is a large ethnic community living here today, yet at the same time that shouldn't outweigh and override certain local candidates who not only know the area better but who were born and bred here. This is a perfect case of political manoeuvouring, and manufacturing, purely on the basis of the party she represents to gain a seat that was, if you will "up for grabs" at the last General Election. The woman clearly has no idea of what our flag stands for, what its history and heritage is and nor has she she spent any time into looking into it before taking one look and making her own, badly misguided guess that it's 'racist'! Big Mistake. Huge!

I don't particularly care who people vote for, although I'd like to believe they voted with their own minds for a reason they honestly believed in. That's democracy, but when political parties of all persuasions start deliberately moving certain candidates into areas completely alien to them then I start believing in conspiracies.

I hope local folk remember this at the next elections and boot her out with the full force of their steel toecaps!

WBA1955
18-07-2017, 06:16 PM
This manufactured movement of a woman who has absolutely no idea of our history, no intention, it seems of even learning about it before she's been moved in, and quite clearly has nobody of any local substance advising her has made the massive mistake of doing something every modern day politician seems to have an uncanny habit of doing, opening her mouth before engaging the limited brain she was born with! The woman is black! That in itself isn't a problem but I have little doubt that might have been a reason to ship her in to this area as there definitely is a large ethnic community living here today, yet at the same time that shouldn't outweigh and override certain local candidates who not only know the area better but who were born and bred here. This is a perfect case of political manoeuvouring, and manufacturing, purely on the basis of the party she represents to gain a seat that was, if you will "up for grabs" at the last General Election. The woman clearly has no idea of what our flag stands for, what its history and heritage is and nor has she she spent any time into looking into it before taking one look and making her own, badly misguided guess that it's 'racist'! Big Mistake. Huge!

I don't particularly care who people vote for, although I'd like to believe they voted with their own minds for a reason they honestly believed in. That's democracy, but when political parties of all persuasions start deliberately moving certain candidates into areas completely alien to them then I start believing in conspiracies.

I hope local folk remember this at the next elections and boot her out with the full force of their steel toecaps!

:star: