PDA

View Full Version : A Wonderful Goodbye to a good mate Ben Morse

mickd1961
14-07-2017, 03:05 PM
Today I was at St Johns church in Halesowen to say goodbye to my football mate Ben Morse who was murdered in a targeted hit and run in May.

The vicar said he'd never seen anything like today's funeral,500-600 people,most in their club colours as per the family's request,and everyone else in bright clothing.

What a fantastic tribute to a lad of just 36 years of age.....most of us will lucky to fill three pews when we go!

Albion,Wolves,Villa,Leeds shirts all together in harmony alongside his beloved Arsenal shirts.

Raucous applause when his coffin entered,laughter and tears throughout and NO hymns....not Ben's style.

He was "seen off" to his favourite song and boy,how emotional yet wonderful at the same time,I hope the clip I recorded and I'm posting here plays.....apologies for my singing.

This funeral will make local news in the next few days.

You came and you shone brightly Benny if for too short a period.....goodbye my old mate and thanks for the laughs.

My link won't play.....600 people singing "Don't look back in anger"

Emotional,special!!

holmleighchris
14-07-2017, 03:57 PM
That's the way to go Mick.
Pity he didn't get to live his full life due to a wicked act.

mickd1961
14-07-2017, 04:08 PM
That's the way to go Mick.
Pity he didn't get to live his full life due to a wicked act.

Like the vicar said though Chris,he packed 200 years into 36 :-)

Great line from the vicar....."normally at this point I say rest in peace but in Ben's case it doesn't seem appropriate so let's hope he enjoys eternal life!

Very well said.

albion68
15-07-2017, 09:08 AM
Today I was at St Johns church in Halesowen to say goodbye to my football mate Ben Morse who was murdered in a targeted hit and run in May.

The vicar said he'd never seen anything like today's funeral,500-600 people,most in their club colours as per the family's request,and everyone else in bright clothing.

What a fantastic tribute to a lad of just 36 years of age.....most of us will lucky to fill three pews when we go!

Albion,Wolves,Villa,Leeds shirts all together in harmony alongside his beloved Arsenal shirts.

Raucous applause when his coffin entered,laughter and tears throughout and NO hymns....not Ben's style.

He was "seen off" to his favourite song and boy,how emotional yet wonderful at the same time,I hope the clip I recorded and I'm posting here plays.....apologies for my singing.

This funeral will make local news in the next few days.

You came and you shone brightly Benny if for too short a period.....goodbye my old mate and thanks for the laughs.

My link won't play.....600 people singing "Don't look back in anger"

Emotional,special!! mick I know exactly how you feel,lost three very GOOD mates over the last couple of years.one was a friend for 48 years ,can't bring myself to delete there numbers out my phone yet.