PDA

View Full Version : Laurie by Cyrille

WBA53
14-07-2017, 10:55 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4697930/Cyrille-Regis-pays-tribute-Laurie-Cunningham.html
a nice read from our Cyrille,RIP to a baggie ledgend

Baggies_Boy_Tony
15-07-2017, 06:34 AM
Lovely read, saw both play for The Baggies, what a team, what would they be worth in today's stupid prices.

Maybe somebody can answer me, whatever happened to the statue of the Three Degrees?

Joy_Division
15-07-2017, 02:40 PM
When you have been raised on seeing the likes of Chippy Clark, The King, Bomber, Giles, Willie, Regis, Cunningham etc and felt the excitement of expectation going to the matches in those days then its practically impossible to feel anywhere near that level of excitement watching the current crop of players, and not just at the Albion. I watched Albion destroy ManUre 6-3 who had Best, Law,
B. Charlton, Nobby Stiles etc. The opposition could excite you with players worth watching. Players who turned it on week in week out for practically peanuts. To be quite honest, I have become sick of football all round. I want Albion to win every game, but other than that I could not care less. If they play cr*p and win so be it. If they play great stuff and lose I feel like sh*t. Its only 50 odd years of loyalty that keeps me looking for their results.>:(

Dubbag
15-07-2017, 03:15 PM
When you have been raised on seeing the likes of Chippy Clark, The King, Bomber, Giles, Willie, Regis, Cunningham etc and felt the excitement of expectation going to the matches in those days then its practically impossible to feel anywhere near that level of excitement watching the current crop of players, and not just at the Albion. I watched Albion destroy ManUre 6-3 who had Best, Law,
B. Charlton, Nobby Stiles etc. The opposition could excite you with players worth watching. Players who turned it on week in week out for practically peanuts. To be quite honest, I have become sick of football all round. I want Albion to win every game, but other than that I could not care less. If they play cr*p and win so be it. If they play great stuff and lose I feel like sh*t. Its only 50 odd years of loyalty that keeps me looking for their results.>:(

Spot on post......:star:

WBA1955
15-07-2017, 05:36 PM

:star:

stripes39
18-07-2017, 09:47 AM
Lovely read, saw both play for The Baggies, what a team, what would they be worth in today's stupid prices.

Maybe somebody can answer me, whatever happened to the statue of the Three Degrees?

It went very quiet didn't it. I heard that the project was due for completion around 2015 but delays in raising the £220K it will cost have meant its not finished yet. Someone I know loosely connected with it said earlier this year that they were trying to cross the line but were 30-40K short. I'm not sure if the club have donated hard cash or just hosted the odd fundraising event but it seems a shame to be so close over an amount that in the (Premier) football world is peanuts. The statue has been made but it still needs to be cast I think...but someone else may know more recent updates as I was told this earlier this year.....

Yarmbaggie
18-07-2017, 11:46 AM

Must be an age thing but agree with every word.