PDA

View Full Version : Murray Simon barn door hit cannot scored has

stokearab
15-07-2017, 02:43 PM
Anyone mind the bet about 20 goals and who were the posters?

He's off and running with numero uno

arab_pat
15-07-2017, 03:44 PM
Make that 2

USArab
15-07-2017, 04:40 PM
Just shows you what he can do with the right support and back up on the field. It's a shame he never really got that at United.

shedka
15-07-2017, 05:04 PM
Not a surprise at all, was a no brainer he would do very well for Hibs, he'll have a very good season as he would have had again for us

stokearab
15-07-2017, 06:02 PM
Not a surprise at all, was a no brainer he would do very well for Hibs, he'll have a very good season as he would have had again for us

I didn't post it because it was a surprise, I posted it to try and find out who the posters were that had a bet about his tally.

portarab
15-07-2017, 09:09 PM
Wait a minute, it was Montrose Hibs were playing today. Did Murray not score a double in one of the group games fo us last season. Let's wait until he comes up against Premier league defences. He really isn't that good.

tHeArAb
15-07-2017, 09:25 PM
As above. They were playing Montrose.

shedboy71
15-07-2017, 09:43 PM
aye dinnae get excited - Hibs quotes:

Simon was poor today. Runs around a lot without doing much.

Unconvinced. On the plus side he grafted and chased lost causes and got a goal. However his first touch is abysmal - typified when he managed to control the ball into his own face.

Chased lost causes, linked up play, never gave the defenders anytime and scored.

What more do we want? - answer - someone who can play football?

I wasn't impressed at all, touch was terrible.

Looked a good player today (didn't pay much attention when he was with Dundee Utd). Thought he worked his backside off, and looked better when he had a partner.

When he has time to think he doesn't look up to much. Not just in reference to the two one on one chances he missed, just in his general play.

Just saying hibs fans with similar thoughts - cannae be up alone and runs around a lot. Good luck to the boy but I am ok that he isnt here anymore.

arab81
15-07-2017, 09:57 PM
Never missed him at all today, watching keatings was far less frustrating.

TerryTheTerror
15-07-2017, 10:12 PM
...typified when he managed to control the ball into his own face.

He did train with Sean Dillon for quite a while. 😂

shedboy71
15-07-2017, 10:16 PM
He did train with Sean Dillon for quite a while. ��

XD

stokearab
15-07-2017, 11:16 PM
I'm hoping and expecting we'll be a much better side without him. No temptation to play the ball long and see what happens.

Well that's what I hoping :P

shedka
16-07-2017, 11:08 AM
Those quotes from shedboy71 are a little disingenuous, the vast majority are delighted with him and rate him, as I always have and other managers/pundits do

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?322768-Simon-Murray

djh1711
16-07-2017, 11:16 AM
Those quotes from shedboy71 are a little disingenuous, the vast majority are delighted with him and rate him, as I always have and other managers/pundits do

There is no doubt the boy will score goals for whoever he plays for!

Si Murray > N'koyi. United should have fought to keep hold of him.

huntedbyafreak
16-07-2017, 11:29 AM
He was playing against Sean Dillon

ClashCityRocker
16-07-2017, 12:39 PM
I wish Si Murray all the best at Hibs and hope he scores a lot of goals - he was a good servant with United.

United paid Arbroath £50,000 for Murray and he more than repaid that during his time with United.

What rankles is that United never got best out of Murray, he played in a team with no wingers, little service and no striking partner.

He will do a decent job for Hibs.

ahlltanyirhide
16-07-2017, 03:08 PM
I wish Si Murray all the best at Hibs and hope he scores a lot of goals - he was a good servant with United.

United paid Arbroath £50,000 for Murray and he more than repaid that during his time with United.

What rankles is that United never got best out of Murray, he played in a team with no wingers, little service and no striking partner.

He will do a decent job for Hibs.

^^^^^this all day long

deebuster
16-07-2017, 03:54 PM
^^^^^this all day long

God loves a trier.

God knows he tried my patience.

If he could play football he would be the Ginger Bale.

ahlltanyirhide
16-07-2017, 07:11 PM
God loves a trier.

God knows he tried my patience.

If he could play football he would be the Ginger Bale.

Not for me buster, the ones that tried my patience are the ones not trying hard enough

shedboy71
16-07-2017, 07:30 PM

Sorry wasnt meaning it to be but it did sound like that - had put in some good ones too honest O:)

Wullie
16-07-2017, 10:14 PM
Anyone mind the bet about 20 goals and who were the posters?

He's off and running with numero uno

I've no problem with Murray, but i'm not sad that he's gone, I wish him no ill will, but he plays for Hibs now, so phuck him and everyone that doesn't play for United.

I'll give the first two Arabs who reply to this a wager, a £25 charity of your choice bet, that he doesn't score 15 goals against top flight opposition, be that in the league or cup.

dundeeunitedfc83
17-07-2017, 01:22 AM
Absolute no surprise united fans moaning about one of there own, we are such a bitter bunch it's embarrassing

ahlltanyirhide
17-07-2017, 06:20 AM
I've no problem with Murray, but i'm not sad that he's gone, I wish him no ill will, but he plays for Hibs now, so phuck him and everyone that doesn't play for United.

I'll give the first two Arabs who reply to this a wager, a £25 charity of your choice bet, that he doesn't score 15 goals against top flight opposition, be that in the league or cup.

Ok Wullie, I don't usually give a flying phukk about a player who leaves United, but seeing as he's in a different league from us then there can be no harm done, and after all The Ginger Prince is a special case. I'll even nominate my charity now and keep it very close to home.........ARABtrust.

SmedDUm
17-07-2017, 06:28 AM
OK, a £25 wager to a chosen charity that Simon Murray scores a minimum of 15 goals in a minimum of 30 games v SPFL Premier opposition in League, Scottish Cup & League Cup.
You're on as long as you accept the rider. Wouldn't be fair if he gets crocked & misses loads of games.
Virtual hand shake offered....

billymorgan
17-07-2017, 07:47 AM
Ok Wullie, I don't usually give a flying phukk about a player who leaves United, but seeing as he's in a different league from us then there can be no harm done, and after all The Ginger Prince is a special case. I'll even nominate my charity now and keep it very close to home.........ARABtrust.

XD

Wullie
17-07-2017, 07:51 AM
Both bets accepted.

If I lose, I'll pay the chosen charities on the next payday after he hits the 15 mark.

ahlltanyirhide
17-07-2017, 12:22 PM
Both bets accepted.

If I lose, I'll pay the chosen charities on the next payday after he hits the 15 mark.

Not that I've ever been wrong Wullie, but am adult enough to realise that there will, most likely, be a first time someday. And should, by some quirk of fate, it happen that The Ginger Prince does not amass such a meagre tally against 'the big boys', what charity of your choice would you opt for?

ahlltanyirhide
17-07-2017, 12:24 PM
XD

Something tickle your little fancy billyboy?

ClashCityRocker
17-07-2017, 03:57 PM
Si Murray gave 100% for United - he would have scored more goals with better service and a striking buddy.

Perhaps a few years down the line he might become a United player again - who knows ?

I hope he does well and wish him all the success in the world.

When he played for Arbroath he also gave 100% and I am sure he will do the same for Hibs.

So long as he does not score against United, I hope he becomes their top striker.

Wullie
17-07-2017, 05:02 PM
Not that I've ever been wrong Wullie, but am adult enough to realise that there will, most likely, be a first time someday. And should, by some quirk of fate, it happen that The Ginger Prince does not amass such a meagre tally against 'the big boys', what charity of your choice would you opt for?

Keeping it local, Ninewells Special Care Baby Unit.

ahlltanyirhide
17-07-2017, 05:47 PM
Keeping it local, Ninewells Special Care Baby Unit.

Excellent choice

offshore_arab83
17-07-2017, 06:44 PM
Absolute no surprise united fans moaning about one of there own, we are such a bitter bunch it's embarrassing

has anyone said anything that isnt really true ?

offshore_arab83
17-07-2017, 06:48 PM
I'll even nominate my charity now and keep it very close to home.........ARABtrust. I wouldnt give them the steam off my sh1te A...

ahlltanyirhide
17-07-2017, 08:37 PM
I wouldnt give them the steam off my sh1te A...

Been a member fae the start, as thought it to be a good idea at the time, and apart fae a wee blip in the middle when I felt some of the elected committee were beginning to adopt ' the big I am', I still do.

offshore_arab83
17-07-2017, 10:03 PM
Each to their own mate, each to their own...

FTD1983
17-07-2017, 10:43 PM
Liam Buchanan scored 4 for Dunfermline - doesn't make him a good player.

Si Murray will warm the bench at hibs and fail to perform against sides in the top flight.

He'll score a few goals but will miss twenty chances for every goal he scores and will end up back in the championship after seeing out his lucrative contract.

GUNBOAT
17-07-2017, 11:15 PM
My main concern is the under soil heating pipes.

shedboy71
17-07-2017, 11:17 PM
has anyone said anything that isnt really true ?

still cannae get over that poor fox ...

GUNBOAT
17-07-2017, 11:23 PM
still cannae get over that poor fox ...

Have they shot the moose tae?.I think you are ok if you shoot a moose in Canada is that correct Juicy?.

Arab_Wasp
18-07-2017, 06:36 AM
OK, a £25 wager to a chosen charity that Simon Murray scores a minimum of 15 goals in a minimum of 30 games v SPFL Premier opposition in League, Scottish Cup & League Cup.
You're on as long as you accept the rider. Wouldn't be fair if he gets crocked & misses loads of games.
Virtual hand shake offered....

That seems a bit unfair. What if after three games or so he gets dropped and hardly plays then bet doesnt stand.

Should stiplulate that 30 games where he is available for selection ie not known to be injured.

Whitfieldarab
18-07-2017, 06:38 AM
That seems a bit unfair. What if after three games or so he gets dropped and hardly plays then bet doesnt stand.

Should stiplulate that 30 games where he is available for selection ie not known to be injured.

Was thinking the same.

ClashCityRocker
18-07-2017, 04:59 PM
Enjoying this thread - it will run for the whole season.

I am leaning towards Murray scoring at least 15 goals this season - probably more.

If he can sore against the ugly sisters thats a bonus.

ahlltanyirhide
18-07-2017, 06:52 PM
Enjoying this thread - it will run for the whole season.

I am leaning towards Murray scoring at least 15 goals this season - probably more.

If he can sore against the ugly sisters thats a bonus.

He's already notched against the kiddie fiddlers in the league at Tannadice

SmedDUm
18-07-2017, 08:49 PM

Simple enough. 15 goals. Minimum 30 starts. All comps. £25.

Charlie arab
18-07-2017, 09:10 PM
Nae chance Murray will have a 1 in 2 goals to games ratio in the tap league imo, be happy to be wrong if he gets a good few against Dundee though😊

shedboy71
18-07-2017, 09:15 PM
ok fine having early season threads but really who gives a phuck about him? thanks for the effort and running and goals and stuff - cant say i will follow his every move because frankly dear i dont give a damn. surely folk are more interested in kind, mcmullen, keatings et al?

stokearab
25-07-2017, 06:16 PM
Yeah the OP was about a bet I read about on another thread. But as it turns out generated a charity bet on this one. So no apologies.
Anyway do you think Murray will net more goals than Billy "banjo" McKay?

offshore_arab83
25-07-2017, 08:19 PM
McKays signed for County, so thats us and ICT relegated, will it be 3 in a row ?

shedboy71
25-07-2017, 08:31 PM
McKays signed for County, so thats us and ICT relegated, will it be 3 in a row ?

scary - Dow, Big Phil, Gardyne and McKay front line. Lazy management just go for ex utd players. i am putting 20 note on them going down

theoldman
25-07-2017, 08:47 PM
Hatrick tonight guys doing nicely

Wullie
25-07-2017, 10:42 PM
Murray scored a hat trick for us last season in the cup at pretty much this stage, then went on to score 10 league goals I think.

Which was the foundation for my bet.

Think he played in 32 league games.

Wullie
25-07-2017, 10:49 PM
He'll score more with better players around him at Hibs than he had with us last season. More than 10 league goals anyway. 20? Dunno. Let's see.

If Simon Murray scores 20 top flight league goals, football will get stopped. Forever.

That would be more thabn Dembele scored last season.

stokearab
25-07-2017, 10:52 PM
If Simon Murray scores 20 top flight league goals, football will get stopped. Forever.

That would be more thabn Dembele scored last season.
When I try to edit on mobile it seems to delete the post altogether.
He definitely showed signs of improving as last season wore on. Noticed his touch was better and could turn with ball. Not saying he'll get 20 by any means but would imagine 15 plus is possible

stokearab
25-07-2017, 10:58 PM
Looks like Ninewells are quids in here Wullie as just read back and think you accepted all top flight inc LC?

Pay out now and delete thread to save future embarrassment lol

Chick A Saw
25-07-2017, 11:04 PM
He definitely showed signs of improving as last season wore on. Noticed his touch was better and could turn with ball. Not saying he'll get 20 by any means but would imagine 15 plus is possible

If he continues his improvement along with better service and a target man beside him, he will get more goals. Dare i say he will actually get some better coaching along the way as well?

stokearab
25-07-2017, 11:07 PM

Just to clarify what I was saying above is that I think he might well get 15 league goals.
Dembele plays in a side where goals come from everywhere.

stokearab
25-07-2017, 11:08 PM
If he continues his improvement along with better service and a target man beside him, he will get more goals. Dare i say he will actually get some better coaching along the way as well?

What you said about better service.

Wullie
25-07-2017, 11:14 PM
Looks like Ninewells are quids in here Wullie as just read back and think you accepted all top flight inc LC?

Pay out now and delete thread to save future embarrassment lol

I think my money is safe.

Hoofballer
26-07-2017, 12:11 AM
Did Simon Murray somehow find a touch, some skill, positional sense and a football brain when he was on holiday cos feck me he must have if the alleged improvement in his game is going to bring stardom at Hibs......Leopards and spots in my book.

USArab
26-07-2017, 02:51 AM
Just shows you what he can do with the right support and back up on the field. It's a shame he never really got that at United.

offshore_arab83
26-07-2017, 06:31 AM

eh? its the league cup ffs, as said above he scored a hat trick for us in these games too.

huntedbyafreak
26-07-2017, 11:34 AM
I wish him no ill but let's not get hard nipples eh? He's scored 5 goals v Montrose and Arbroath. He scored 4 for us in the League Cup at the group stages last season.

USArab
26-07-2017, 12:27 PM
eh? its the league cup ffs, as said above he scored a hat trick for us in these games too.

Let's see how he does in the league, I still think he will do well

shedboy71
26-07-2017, 08:01 PM
I wish him no ill but let's not get hard nipples eh? He's scored 5 goals v Montrose and Arbroath. He scored 4 for us in the League Cup at the group stages last season.

XD straight talking and 100% true

shedboy71
26-07-2017, 08:04 PM

I dont but if he does i would genuinely give up being the football expert that i believe i am just now.

offshore_arab83
26-07-2017, 08:15 PM

aye i totally agree, lets see, cannot judge anyone on these pre-season 'cup' games, far far too early... fwiw i hope he does well im good mates with a few of his mates and hes meant to be sound so best oh luck to the laddie but im certainly not singing his praised after a few friendly cup games

ianharab
26-07-2017, 08:17 PM
Couldn't care less how he does , doesn't play for us , pointless thread imo

stokearab
26-07-2017, 09:26 PM
Couldn't care less how he does , doesn't play for us , pointless thread imo

Dinny read it then you moaning chunt

ianharab
26-07-2017, 09:28 PM
Didnae read it you grumpy ******* 😅😅😅

PartyFears2
28-07-2017, 03:04 PM
Looking forward to seeing him play against defenders who don't do a 40 hour week first.

shedka
28-07-2017, 05:46 PM
He'll do a very good job at Hibs just as he did and would have continued to do for us, underrated by many, will prove those wrong, Hibs fans very impressed no surprise

ClashCityRocker
28-07-2017, 08:45 PM
The Arbroath players drove in their cars to Easter Rd after working a days shift and it took some of them a while to find suitable parking - so after a day's shift, they drove to Edinburgh and then played a 90 min match.

It was 1-1 until the 44th minute ( 2-1 at half time ).

Hibs fitness showed in the 2nd half - might have been a much closer match if it was played at the weekend.

If peeps don't like this thread about Si Murray, then kindly skip on logging onto the thread .

Charlie arab
30-07-2017, 05:30 PM
Apparently Murray in Utd end today with Dillon, thought he was a lifelong dee??

Arab 8010
30-07-2017, 05:49 PM
Murray certainly didn't look like a dee when utd scored. Keating, Dillon, Bowman and Freddy Van Der Hoorn all sat around me

ClashCityRocker
30-07-2017, 06:05 PM
Si Murray was wearing a United track suit top at the match today - great stuff.

DerryJungle
30-07-2017, 08:13 PM
Was sat behind me at the game today, alongside Keatings and Dillon. He also seemed to be enjoying himself amongst dozens of arabs in the snug before the game.

stokearab
06-08-2017, 04:12 PM
I dont but if he does i would genuinely give up being the football expert that i believe i am just now.

1/20 just 19 to go....... B)

arab_plumber
06-08-2017, 04:57 PM
Scoring 20 penalties would be excellent

stokearab
06-08-2017, 05:17 PM
Scoring 20 penalties would be excellent

Aye well its not my bet, but the wager was goals, not goals from free kicks or penalties or open play ;D

It's only a bit of fun anyway

offshore_arab83
06-08-2017, 05:26 PM
Hes started well and the king rat is singing his praises so well done to him

stokearab
12-08-2017, 02:30 PM
1/20 just 19 to go....... B)

2/20

offshore_arab83
12-08-2017, 04:14 PM
Well done to him for scoring against der hun

ahlltanyirhide
12-08-2017, 04:45 PM
Nae chance Murray will have a 1 in 2 goals to games ratio in the tap league imo, be happy to be wrong if he gets a good few against Dundee though😊

;D

bobafett
12-08-2017, 05:43 PM
Delighted he contributed to beating that mob of w@nkers today!

GUNBOAT
13-08-2017, 10:59 AM
Some of the pundit's i have listened to are saying he is a much better player for Hibs than he ever was for us,that's maybe due to the coaching,tactics or formation difference's at the two club's,whatever it is he look's like a top league striker so well done to him.

offshore_arab83
13-08-2017, 11:08 AM
Some of the pundit's i have listened to are saying he is a much better player for Hibs than he ever was for us,that's maybe due to the coaching,tactics or formation difference's at the two club's,whatever it is he look's like a top league striker so well done to him.

managers possibly...

Speaking to Si last week in Snug and he was raving aboot treacle teeth

shedboy71
13-08-2017, 02:25 PM
Manager, tactics, two up front and now he is being touted as best striker outside Celtic by some.

Take a bow and keep it up Simon - he is clearly loving his central role with a strike partner and non 4231 system

stokearab
13-08-2017, 03:34 PM
Just realised Wullie's Wager with the lads was 15 goals v top flight opposition so Si is now 2/15.
Could be close this if Hibs stay with a 442

Bring on the Dee asap

ahlltanyirhide
13-08-2017, 03:48 PM
Just realised Wullie's Wager with the lads was 15 goals v top flight opposition so Si is now 2/15.
Could be close this if Hibs stay with a 442

Bring on the Dee asap

:D

shedka
13-08-2017, 04:38 PM
Just continuing where he left off for us, he'd have been excellent for us this season and t wasn't even a doubt he'd be very good for Hibs, very underrated by some

stokearab
24-10-2017, 07:03 PM
Is that him up to 3 or is it more?

SmedDUm
24-10-2017, 07:12 PM
Is that him up to 3 or is it more?

stokearab
24-10-2017, 07:17 PM

eh?

SmedDUm
24-10-2017, 07:25 PM
eh?

League Cup specialist.

stokearab
24-10-2017, 07:27 PM
League Cup specialist.

ok so just to keep the thread legit and Wullie's bet safe B)
How many has he scored now against top flight oppo

shedboy71
24-10-2017, 07:39 PM
och stop bringing this thread up Stoke ;)

aye its 3

ahlltanyirhide
24-10-2017, 07:39 PM
ok so just to keep the thread legit and Wullie's bet safe B)
How many has he scored now against top flight oppo

Why ask when you already know?

stokearab
24-10-2017, 07:52 PM
Why ask when you already know?

Hhaa you complete phanny ;D If I already knew I wouldn't be wasting my time asking would I B)

Haha, are you one of the charity bidders by any chance, think you are iirc :heart:

ahlltanyirhide
24-10-2017, 09:01 PM
Hhaa you complete phanny ;D If I already knew I wouldn't be wasting my time asking would I B)

Haha, are you one of the charity bidders by any chance, think you are iirc :heart:

Sure am, still think Murray will come good with the 15 required

stokearab
24-10-2017, 09:06 PM

See I thought he would get 15 but I'm no so sure now. 3 up to yet is not great lets face it, but never say never in football

shedboy71
24-10-2017, 09:09 PM

hope he does mate. I dont rate him that highly but loved his enthusiasm and aye he can finish.

Dont think he will do much damage in top league - but then again dont care. Lots of ex players i dislike and despite his hibs top disgrace. He is ok. Hope he score 30 tbh!!

oh and yer no gettin that 15 btw - nae chance O:)

SmedDUm
24-10-2017, 09:14 PM
hope he does mate. I dont rate him that highly but loved his enthusiasm and aye he can finish.

Dont think he will do much damage in top league - but then again dont care. Lots of ex players i dislike and despite his hibs top disgrace. He is ok. Hope he score 30 tbh!!

oh and yer no gettin that 15 btw - nae chance O:)

He has 11 now. Check the small print.

stokearab
24-10-2017, 09:16 PM

The plot thickens Mr Holmes

shedboy71
24-10-2017, 09:16 PM

junior player score 8 against junior clubs ;) 3 he has 3

now can we just move on :P

shedboy71
24-10-2017, 09:17 PM
The plot thickens Mr Holmes

no the stench of schite thickens XD>;)

stokearab
24-10-2017, 09:19 PM

B) Lovin it

stokearab
24-10-2017, 09:21 PM
junior player score 8 against junior clubs ;) 3 he has 3

now can we just move on :P

Think this maybe needs and Independent Inquiry ;D

or a list?

SmedDUm
24-10-2017, 09:22 PM

11 (ELEVEN) goals he has according to BT Sport.
Didn't know they covered the Juniors.

stokearab
24-10-2017, 09:23 PM

Aye but were these v "top flight opposition"

shedboy71
24-10-2017, 09:28 PM

stop being a junior - 3 goals against spl end of

i hope he gets 20 but he wont.

Hoping, believing and reality are all concepts

SmedDUm
24-10-2017, 09:38 PM
stop being a junior - 3 goals against spl end of

i hope he gets 20 but he wont.

Hoping, believing and reality are all concepts

11 goals in all comps end of.
Said so on the tele.

stokearab
24-10-2017, 09:43 PM
11 goals in all comps end of.
Said so on the tele.

Fair enough Smeds but I think the charity bet was 15 v top flight opposition.
I'll get Baldrick to do some research for me in the morning

SmedDUm
24-10-2017, 09:49 PM

Selected Scottish Cup games then?
We'll need a list of who are top flight teams in the Scottish Cup.
The bet was not for league games only.
The comparison was with Murray's goals for us last season in all comps excl Challenge Cup.

shedboy71
24-10-2017, 09:53 PM

that was the bet. Top flight teams are - well for top flight. Smeds which part is difficult ;)

SmedDUm
24-10-2017, 10:00 PM
that was the bet. Top flight teams are - well for top flight. Smeds which part is difficult ;)

Hypothetically...Simon scores two v QotS in the 1/4 final of the Scottish Cup.
Is QotS top flight? Count or not??
It is recognised he has scored 11 goals this season, it said so on BT Sport an hour ago, which part of that is difficult?
You can't pick games. The League Cup is a sectional comp these days & is still a major cup.

shedboy71
24-10-2017, 10:09 PM
are we top flight? no QOTS arent either. 3 goals ATF - you are making the rules up to suit Smeds.

Whitfieldarab
24-10-2017, 10:10 PM
Hypothetically...Simon scores two v QotS in the 1/4 final of the Scottish Cup.
Is QotS top flight? Count or not??
It is recognised he has scored 11 goals this season, it said so on BT Sport an hour ago, which part of that is difficult?
You can't pick games. The League Cup is a sectional comp these days & is still a major cup.

Stop begging. He's 5hite and will be back getting splinters in his ar5e when Stokes is fit again.

SmedDUm
24-10-2017, 10:16 PM
are we top flight? no QOTS arent either. 3 goals ATF - you are making the rules up to suit Smeds.

Excuse me S71 but you're talking to a student of betting ;)
So...do Scottish Cup goals v a bottom 6 Prem team count?
Not 'top-flight' enough maybe?
International friendlies when Si gets capped? :)

Wullie
24-10-2017, 10:22 PM

The rules were as I understood them at the point of making the bet were....

15 goals against all top flight teams in any competition....

That gives Murray 38 league games and the League Cup and Scottish cup games where Hibs draw any of the other 11 teams plying their trade in the top division.

Smeds I think also asked that if Murray were out injured for any period of time, it would be unfair to expect the bet to be upheld, which was agreed.

Good luck to the laddie, as much as I wasn't sad to see him go, i'd have him back now, not because I suddenly think he's great, but because Raymond's recruitment policy has left us with no pace uptop and no pest.

stokearab
24-10-2017, 10:24 PM
Excuse me S71 but you're talking to a student of betting ;)
So...do Scottish Cup goals v a bottom 6 Prem team count?
Not 'top-flight' enough maybe?
International friendlies when Si gets capped? :)

Top flight means SPL always has.

The clue is in the word top ;D

SmedDUm
24-10-2017, 10:32 PM
The rules were as I understood them at the point of making the bet were....

15 goals against all top flight teams in any competition....

That gives Murray 38 league games and the League Cup and Scottish cup games where Hibs draw any of the other 11 teams plying their trade in the top division.

Smeds I think also asked that if Murray were out injured for any period of time, it would be unfair to expect the bet to be upheld, which was agreed.

Good luck to the laddie, as much as I wasn't sad to see him go, i'd have him back now, not because I suddenly think he's great, but because Raymond's recruitment policy has left us with no pace uptop and no pest.

Stokes coming in after the bet was struck must invalidate it does it not..?!

Och I give in Wullie, I should do a Paddy Power & pay out now ;)

Wullie
24-10-2017, 10:49 PM

Keep the faith! Charity bets = no real losers

stokearab
24-10-2017, 10:52 PM

Smed I started the thread! The bet was struck about P2 I think.
And don't be paying out early, this is football where (nearly) anything can happen
He might get a hat trick v Cellik on the last day to tip it in your favour

Or he might not :D

SmedDUm
24-10-2017, 11:03 PM
Smed I started the thread! The bet was struck about P2 I think.
And don't be paying out early, this is football where (nearly) anything can happen
He might get a hat trick v Cellik on the last day to tip it in your favour

Or he might not :D

Thanks Stoke, forgot the bet was on here, I found it on post # 24.
And I'm blethering sh!te, I spell it out myself as 15 goals v Prem lge teams in any comp.
Apologies to S71, Wullie & your good self.

C'mon Si, only 12 to get!

:)

GUNBOAT
24-10-2017, 11:10 PM
You need Stokes to break a leg mate. :D

SmedDUm
24-10-2017, 11:18 PM

Could be a job for John Gotti.

stokearab
24-10-2017, 11:22 PM

I've turned over a new leaf GB B)

GingerPetric
25-10-2017, 09:20 AM
It was a cracking goal to be fair, and a sweet little nutmeg on Souttar

stokearab
31-10-2017, 09:16 PM
Update

3 goals in the SPL
1 goal in LC v SPL sides
1 goal tonight (so far)

Tally so far 5

shedboy71
31-10-2017, 09:19 PM
Update

3 goals in the SPL
1 goal in LC v SPL sides
1 goal tonight (so far)

Tally so far 5

Hibs are playing tonight? didnt know!

stokearab
31-10-2017, 09:25 PM
Hibs are playing tonight? didnt know!

2-0 up v Killie last time I checked

Pity because Killie could do with the points B)

shedboy71
31-10-2017, 09:26 PM
2-0 up v Killie last time I checked

Pity because Killie could do with the points B)

damn simon murray still haunting us ;)

stokearab
31-10-2017, 09:38 PM
damn simon murray still haunting us ;)

5 goals from 13 appearances v top flight opposition by my calculation, could be wrong
but here is the link
http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=58241

shedboy71
31-10-2017, 09:50 PM
5 goals from 13 appearances v top flight opposition by my calculation, could be wrong
but here is the link
http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=58241

for him thats pretty damn good! he hasnt been a failure by any means. still not too interested in the rest of his season myself but wish him well.

Now Reid our new manager apparently discuss XD

stokearab
31-10-2017, 10:05 PM
for him thats pretty damn good! he hasnt been a failure by any means. still not too interested in the rest of his season myself but wish him well.

Now Reid our new manager apparently discuss XD

Um.........would be fairly unpopular and would need early wins to get the fans onside. On the other hand his Hamilton teams were robust and did pretty well (I think?) It's a bit of a nightmare to be honest isn't it?

Any smoke coming oot the chimney yet?

GUNBOAT
02-11-2017, 11:13 PM
If Simon is to reach the target he need's game time against shyte team's with shyte defences,who have Hibs got on Saturday?.

GUNBOAT
04-11-2017, 06:31 PM
If Simon is to reach the target he need's game time against shyte team's with shyte defences,who have Hibs got on Saturday?.

Scores the winner :heart:

stokearab
04-11-2017, 07:13 PM
6 in 14 💛💜💛💜

Jedi u-Knighted
04-11-2017, 10:23 PM
Good lad Simon, good to see you doing well especially against the big team... 🍻

shedka
04-11-2017, 11:20 PM
Don't think goals should count against a club that's been shyte all our lives

shedboy71
05-11-2017, 01:21 AM
Don't think goals should count against a club that's been shyte all our lives

agree we all said goals against top opposition - well done Si but we cant count goals against 2nd tier sides

deebuster
05-11-2017, 09:06 AM
Well done the Ginger Prince.

How many corners did Hibs get?

TangerineDream
05-11-2017, 10:15 AM
Well done Si for scoring the winner against the Fun.

Hopefully managed to annoy the fek out the frothing Funsters as usual. Seems the case, as always.

shedka
05-11-2017, 12:46 PM
They have a Simon Murray thread after yesterday

Opening posts are delicious

Gesturing to our fans after first goal, crap performance apart from a good goal, he’s top of my hit list.

He's just below GMS on my list.

Top work Si

theoldman
05-11-2017, 02:47 PM
Nice to see you guys showing such an interest in the hibees lol, Simon doing well and scored a great goal against Dundee yesterday nothing really wrong with his goal against Motherwell as well. Can be slightly greedy and didn't play stokesy in when he was in a better position.
Must surely be a bargain signing as we got him for nout and will hopefully get a few more.

ahlltanyirhide
25-11-2017, 07:43 PM
And another for The Ginger Prince

stokearab
27-11-2017, 09:13 PM
I thought it was more but the BBC stats page says 6 so far in the SPL, not sure if he netted v SPL opposition in the LC

DUAS
17-02-2018, 07:18 PM
Another 2 today just for the record

notso
17-02-2018, 11:16 PM
Another 2 today just for the record

He’s one of our own he’s one of our own
Oh Simon Murray he’s one of our own

shedboy71
18-02-2018, 12:07 AM
sad cvnts the both of ya. Win a game and you think "oh i will go on mad to resurrect the simon murray thread".

at what point was DUAS searching this site for this thread?

one of your own - pmsl

RaysRedEye
18-02-2018, 12:38 AM
sad cvnts the both of ya. Win a game and you think "oh i will go on mad to resurrect the simon murray thread".

one of your own - pmsl

Not Obsessed tho Shed. Flash in the pan Murray will always score goals against substandard opposition. One of the worst proffesional footballers I have ever seen.

notso
18-02-2018, 12:43 AM
Not Obsessed tho Shed. Flash in the pan Murray will always score goals against substandard opposition. One of the worst proffesional footballers I have ever seen.

byling

GUNBOAT
18-02-2018, 12:47 AM
He’s one of our own he’s one of our own
Oh Simon Murray he’s one of our own

The big difference between me and you Notsobright is the distance between the Camp Nou and Firhill,i watched on as we destroyed Barcelona and you get your knickers in a twist with a victory V Partick Thistle,FACT with a wee WASC thrown in.

shedka
18-02-2018, 01:22 AM
108 > 109
44 > 45

GB72
18-02-2018, 01:51 AM
108 > 109
44 > 45

Tick Tock

noahrab
18-02-2018, 07:23 AM
The big difference between me and you Notsobright is the distance between the Camp Nou and Firhill,i watched on as we destroyed Barcelona and you get your knickers in a twist with a victory V Partick Thistle,FACT with a wee WASC thrown in.

And now you get destroyed fae Falkirk and Morton,FACT

XD

noahrab
18-02-2018, 07:37 AM

one of your own - pmsl

The seethe is strong.

An old shed boy
18-02-2018, 10:36 AM
FFS. It’s Sunday morning and some sad sack of a blue nose is lurking around the United board.

noahrab
18-02-2018, 10:55 AM
FFS. It’s Sunday morning and some sad sack of a blue nose is lurking around the United board.

An amazing lack of self awareness here.

An old shed boy
18-02-2018, 11:47 AM
Not at all. As a United supporter I pop onto the forum for other United supporters to see whatever news there might be.
Wouldn’t occur to me to look at the Dundee board never mind even think about posting.
Seems sad to me that you are so obsessed with United that you’re posting on here before most people are out of their bed.
But if it gives you pleasure.

noahrab
18-02-2018, 02:06 PM
Not at all. As a United supporter I pop onto the forum for other United supporters to see whatever news there might be.
Wouldn’t occur to me to look at the Dundee board never mind even think about posting.
Seems sad to me that you are so obsessed with United that you’re posting on here before most people are out of their bed.
But if it gives you pleasure.

Obsessed XD

Is it my fault you can’t get oot yer scratcher early?

FTD1983
19-02-2018, 09:50 AM
Simon Murray would be the best striker at Dundee Utd Football Club.

That's as damning an indictment as I can provide as I maintain he's still hump.

Arab_Wasp
04-05-2018, 05:12 PM
Coming down the home straight and only has 15. Where will this bet finish.

stokearab
04-05-2018, 08:11 PM

Where u been waspie :)

ahlltanyirhide
05-05-2018, 01:32 PM

Ceased following his progress when he joined the fun, and just checked wiki which states he’s scored 16 this season. Not sure how many of these have been against top flight opposition though? Anybody care to enlighten me?

FTD4life

stokearab
06-05-2018, 06:43 PM
Is he a Dee, is he an Arab? Either way he needs a bigger barn door

Charlie arab
06-05-2018, 07:03 PM
Ceased following his progress when he joined the fun, and just checked wiki which states he’s scored 16 this season. Not sure how many of these have been against top flight opposition though? Anybody care to enlighten me?

FTD4life

8 league goals, 6 for hibs, 2 for Dundee.
8 cup goals against lower league teams.

stokearab
06-05-2018, 08:45 PM

Think it's more than that Charlie but losing the will to live on this since he put on that sh1tey blue shirt over the road

#abetsabettho

ahlltanyirhide
08-05-2018, 06:38 AM

Cheers Charlie, since he’s now plying his trade over the road I sincerely hope he doesn’t score any more. Now I’ll have to raid the grandson’s bankie to pay Wullies bet

FTD4life

Wullie
08-05-2018, 10:30 PM
Cheers Charlie, since he’s now plying his trade over the road I sincerely hope he doesn’t score any more. Now I’ll have to raid the grandson’s bankie to pay Wullies bet

FTD4life

Scored tonight, knowing my luck he'll score the needed 6 on Saturday!

Hoofballer
08-05-2018, 10:56 PM
Scored tonight, knowing my luck he'll score the needed 6 on Saturday!

Must be Big barns in Dingwall ? ;D

shedboy71
14-05-2018, 07:39 PM
so 9 league goals and 9 against top flight opposition?

What was the bet 20?

He will never do that but cannae deny his effort. Have nothing against him at all, even the hibs shirt day after play off he was sincere with apology.

stokearab
14-05-2018, 10:20 PM
so 9 league goals and 9 against top flight opposition?

What was the bet 20?

He will never do that but cannae deny his effort. Have nothing against him at all, even the hibs shirt day after play off he was sincere with apology.

Bet was 15 v top flight opposition I think. Looks like he would need 2 seasons to reach the target. Decent kid for a Dee though.

shedboy71
14-05-2018, 10:46 PM
i wouldnt have him back. we have plenty of strikers now :)