PDA

View Full Version : Široki Brijeg v Aberdeen

mondo_notion
16-07-2017, 03:09 PM
Guess it's fair to say it wasn't the result most of us were expecting on Thursday. Hope the away goal doesn't do too much damage to our chances to go through to the next round and a likely trip to Cyprus.

Greg Stewart has to to start in my opinion, he looked like the kinda player we've been crying out for. I'd like to see Kenny Mclean benched on Thursday. GMS is a tricky one for me, he was poor last week but I would like to think we will see a lot more out of him once he's settled a bit.

Start with the tempo that we did at Pittodrie, hopefully get an early goal and then soak up the pressure after that and most importantly work on keeping possession.

In/Out - In
Furryboots - away section
Pre-match - drinking responsibly
Post-match - drinking irresponsibly
Prediction - 2-1 Rooney scores a winning penalty

rico94
16-07-2017, 04:44 PM
That's a bit harsh on GMS,he done ok considering he signed 24 hours earlier and is no where near match fit.

Pauldolski10
16-07-2017, 04:46 PM
Fairly confident on this one, we can play a lot better doubt they can, i would start with

Lewis
Logan O'Connor Reynolds Considine
Mclean Shinnie
Stewart Christie GMS
Stockley

Rooney was gettinh nothing from the CB's last week think like Tims in final Stockley can rough them up aslong as he does it without his flailing elbows. Dropping Tansey this game as Mclean and Shinnie know each others game better and this is a massive game for us.

Praying we win as a wanna go to Cyprus

rico94
16-07-2017, 04:56 PM
Fairly confident on this one, we can play a lot better doubt they can, i would start with

Lewis
Mclean Shinnie
Stewart Christie GMS
Stockley

Rooney was gettinh nothing from the CB's last week think like Tims in final Stockley can rough them up aslong as he does it without his flailing elbows. Dropping Tansey this game as Mclean and Shinnie know each others game better and this is a massive game for us.

That team is a good shout,the only thing that concerns me is Stockley getting sent off.The European refs won't put up with his flapping arms.

mondo_notion
16-07-2017, 05:31 PM
That's a bit harsh on GMS,he done ok considering he signed 24 hours earlier and is no where near match fit.

Not really that harsh, I just said he was poor. Which he was.

Jupiter
16-07-2017, 05:31 PM
You can't be serious about playing that donkey Stockley, the guy is a red card waiting to happen. We really need to get rid of him this summer.

Pacman1903
16-07-2017, 05:36 PM
Enjoy if you are going.

I reckon we will go through on a 2 all draaaaa

Aldo1983
16-07-2017, 05:37 PM
You can't be serious about playing that donkey Stockley, the guy is a red card waiting to happen. We really need to get rid of him this summer.

I like him. He's an option we otherwise don't have.

We all go on about having guys that don't get bullied.

Stockely wins most headers and he likes smashing people in the face with his elbow. Accident or not, it should be applauded.

foreveradon
16-07-2017, 05:58 PM
Stockely for me too
Rooney had his normal did nothing game

Pauldolski10
16-07-2017, 06:02 PM
Deadly serious with Stockley, Rooney never won a header all game v them on Thurs and think Stockley would be better at roughing them up like at Hampden, i know its a gamble with his elbows but surely Dek can have a word and tell him to cool it a bit because of euro refs being less lenient. Im also a massive Rooney fan but unless he has sharpened up in a week we need something different. Also get GMS on the ball more often as their RB was one of the worst players av seen play the game

Aldo1983
16-07-2017, 06:08 PM
Deadly serious with Stockley, Rooney never won a header all game v them on Thurs and think Stockley would be better at roughing them up like at Hampden, i know its a gamble with his elbows but surely Dek can have a word and tell him to cool it a bit because of euro refs being less lenient. Im also a massive Rooney fan but unless he has sharpened up in a week we need something different. Also get GMS on the ball more often as their RB was one of the worst players av seen play the game

At one point he passed the ball right to GMS for no reason.

rico94
16-07-2017, 06:32 PM
Not really that harsh, I just said he was poor. Which he was.

He was unlucky when he rounded the keeper and the defender deflected it wide,he made some decent runs but his crossing wasn't great.I can think of 8 players who were worse than him on Thursday but to be fair I think they will all improve when they have more game time under their belt.

neilthedon
16-07-2017, 06:48 PM
He was unlucky when he rounded the keeper and the defender deflected it wide,he made some decent runs but his crossing wasn't great.I can think of 8 players who were worse than him on Thursday but to be fair I think they will all improve when they have more game time under their belt.

Oh aye, I`d start with GMS. And Stewart. AND Stockley.

We all know the danger with Stockley and his elbow. But surely Deek & Doc will have been working on that ???

big danger with the Bosnians is the way they go down if you bat an eyelid at them. They`ll be worse at home.

They only need to sit back , draw us in , and hit on the break. 0 - 0 is eniough for them.

So we need to go for a " quick " goal wiithout leaving space at the back,....................mind you , scoring the one goal of the game in the 89th mniute would do us too. Just won`t be that enjoyable for us sunseekers !!!

I was very surprised how the Belgian Ref turned all soft an easily conned by the second half, as he seemed ok in the first half. Lets just hope ALL our players watch it.

rico94
16-07-2017, 07:04 PM
Oh aye, I`d start with GMS. And Stewart. AND Stockley.

We all know the danger with Stockley and his elbow. But surely Deek & Doc will have been working on that ???

big danger with the Bosnians is the way they go down if you bat an eyelid at them. They`ll be worse at home.

They only need to sit back , draw us in , and hit on the break. 0 - 0 is eniough for them.

So we need to go for a " quick " goal wiithout leaving space at the back,....................mind you , scoring the one goal of the game in the 89th mniute would do us too. Just won`t be that enjoyable for us sunseekers !!!

I was very surprised how the Belgian Ref turned all soft an easily conned by the second half, as he seemed ok in the first half. Lets just hope ALL our players watch it.

I agree with pacman I think we will get a 2-2 dra.

It's probably worth the risk with Stockley he will hold the ball up and bring the attacking players up the park.Its just a risk because the referee will have zero tolerance with his swinging elbows.

WatsonNimrod
16-07-2017, 07:13 PM
Rooney had his normal did nothing game

20 goals plus a season for 3 years or so is pretty decent for 'normally doing nothing'.

Have you forgotten when our 'strikers' would struggle to get 12 goals a season!

Stupie82
16-07-2017, 07:14 PM
I agree with pacman I think we will get a 2-2 dra.

It's probably worth the risk with Stockley he will hold the ball up and bring the attacking players up the park.Its just a risk because the referee will have zero tolerance with his swinging elbows.

Plus the fact their players drop like flies, I wonder if its too big a risk.

87kilos
16-07-2017, 07:34 PM
Guess it's fair to say it wasn't the result most of us were expecting on Thursday. Hope the away goal doesn't do too much damage to our chances to go through to the next round and a likely trip to Cyprus.

Greg Stewart has to to start in my opinion, he looked like the kinda player we've been crying out for. I'd like to see Kenny Mclean benched on Thursday. GMS is a tricky one for me, he was poor last week but I would like to think we will see a lot more out of him once he's settled a bit.

Start with the tempo that we did at Pittodrie, hopefully get an early goal and then soak up the pressure after that and most importantly work on keeping possession.

In/Out - In
Furryboots - away section
Pre-match - drinking responsibly
Post-match - drinking irresponsibly
Prediction - 2-1 Rooney scores a winning penalty

Can't start with a very high tempo. Temperature out there was 30 last week. We need to box clever in this game. I'd be tempted with a 4-4-2

rico94
16-07-2017, 07:38 PM
20 goals plus a season for 3 years or so is pretty decent for 'normally doing nothing'.

Have you forgotten when our 'strikers' would struggle to get 12 goals a season!

Exactly,someone said on here the other day he is our best striker since Shearer who also did little of note apart from score.Bit before my time but I've been told Harper was the same.

Rooneys 77 goals have won us a hell of a lot of games,I would rather have a striker who scores goals than one who contributes other skills but doesn't score as much.

neilthedon
16-07-2017, 07:51 PM
Exactly,someone said on here the other day he is our best striker since Shearer who also did little of note apart from score.Bit before my time but I've been told Harper was the same.

Rooneys 77 goals have won us a hell of a lot of games,I would rather have a striker who scores goals than one who contributes other skills but doesn't score as much.

It's not a put down on Rooney. This game will need a plan that does not play to his strengths.

We need a lone striker up front towin the ball in the air , and lay it off to our other players . It also needs a lone striker who is mobile and can hold the ball up on the ground ,and again bring our supporting players into the game.

That's not Rooney'a game. And that's why he didn't start against Rijeka away. Goodwillie did.

And now we have Stocklwy and Maynard to try and provide us with that .

And you'll probably see the same against Celtic too. If we still play a lone striker .

rico94
16-07-2017, 08:26 PM
It's not a put down on Rooney. This game will need a plan that does not play to his strengths.

We need a lone striker up front towin the ball in the air , and lay it off to our other players . It also needs a lone striker who is mobile and can hold the ball up on the ground ,and again bring our supporting players into the game.

That's not Rooney'a game. And that's why he didn't start against Rijeka away. Goodwillie did.

And now we have Stocklwy and Maynard to try and provide us with that .

And you'll probably see the same against Celtic too. If we still play a lone striker .

I can't disagree with that,there are games where we need something more than Rooney can offer.Not sure about Maynard McInnes said he is similar to Rooney in he will score if you give him a chance and by Thursday night he doesn't seem like he will offer more than that.

Just think some people are being harsh on Rooney because he offers nothing apart from his goal scoring. Yet for 20 odd years every one has been complaining we don't have a goal scorer in the team :?

donsdaft
16-07-2017, 09:08 PM
Leave McLean at home and we've got a real chance.

Otherwise we've got a poof in midfield.

fittiered
16-07-2017, 09:30 PM
For me McLean was the gayest midfielder in the village!!!! Last Thursday.

ragnarok
16-07-2017, 11:48 PM

It's a matter of perception mostly. It's sometimes hard to pinpoint what Rooney actually 'has'.

Shearer was an emphatic and instinctive finisher and seemed to put away chances that were less than 50/50. His goal against United in the virtual relegation playoff comes to mind but another classic example would be the opener against the h*ns in the 2-0 win early in 93/94.

WatsonNimrod
17-07-2017, 07:13 AM
His goal against United in the virtual relegation playoff comes to mind but another classic example would be the opener against the h*ns in the 2-0 win early in 93/94.

Jeesus is it really that long ago?

Anyway I'm not advocating that we play Rooney but I'm just not convinced that Stockley has a great deal much more to offer and when you have someone like that in your side playing the loan striker there is a tendency to start hoofing balls up to him if all isn't going to plan. If it's not working and he then has to to come off, the team then are out of shape and have to start again.

Stockleys 'stock' appears to have risen because he rearranged a castlemilk ale boys face with his elbow. Can't quite get my head around that.

rico94
17-07-2017, 07:25 AM
It's a matter of perception mostly. It's sometimes hard to pinpoint what Rooney actually 'has'.

Shearer was an emphatic and instinctive finisher and seemed to put away chances that were less than 50/50. His goal against United in the virtual relegation playoff comes to mind but another classic example would be the opener against the h*ns in the 2-0 win early in 93/94.

Rooney is also an emphatic finisher, in fact his goals to games ratio is better than Shearers,

Rooney 154 games 77 goals = a goal every 2 games

Shearer 194 games 79 goals = a goal every 2.45 games

stansmith
17-07-2017, 07:44 AM
How many times are people going to bring up these useless Rooney stats?

He scores 8 goals from open play in the league last season. Crap. Take deflecting Hayes crosses out of the equation and he's finished.

WatsonNimrod
17-07-2017, 07:55 AM
Take deflecting Hayes crosses out of the equation and he's finished.

Who's to say he won't deflect in crosses from Christie, GMS or Stewart?

Can't quite see your logic there.

blowupsheep
17-07-2017, 07:55 AM

Lewis
Mclean Shinnie
Stewart Christie GMS
Stockley

in that team change Mclean out for Tansey and I think we have a winning team

rico94
17-07-2017, 08:00 AM
Who's to say he won't deflect in crosses from Christie, GMS or Stewart?

Can't quite see your logic there.

He doesn't like Rooney,as someone else said clueless.

blowupsheep
17-07-2017, 08:16 AM
How many times are people going to bring up these useless Rooney stats?

He scores 8 goals from open play in the league last season. Crap. Take deflecting Hayes crosses out of the equation and he's finished.

I know the rules no text chat and all that but on this occasion i have to say this comment above did literally make me LOL
Think there should be a special award for the level of pure stupidity associated with that comment XDXD

afc1903mad
17-07-2017, 08:22 AM
Leave McLean at home and we've got a real chance.

Otherwise we've got a poof in midfield.

For me McLean was the gayest midfielder in the village!!!! Last Thursday.

I'm going to put this down as a generational thing.
Its pretty sad to see this kind of homophobic attitudes in this day and age

ILikeJam
17-07-2017, 08:22 AM
I know I'm in the minority but I like Stockley. He provides something genuinely different when we need it.

Despite being 2-1 up at Mordor at the end of last season, I was getting the feeling we were heading for defeat there as the Huns were all over us.

Stockley came on and changed the game back in our favour by winning headers, holding the ball up brilliantly and bringing the midfield back into the game (they had spent the previous 10 minutes watching the ball fly back and forth over their heads).

If he could just go 10 minutes without elbowing someone in the face...

GlezgaRed
17-07-2017, 08:45 AM
In/Out ~ In
Furryboots ~ away section
Pre-match ~ trying to drink responsibly in the heat
Post-match ~ celebrating a win
Prediction ~ 1-2 (Stewart and Christie)

With regards Ronney, since the turn of the year he has been very poor and he has had more games like last Thursday where he appears to do next to nothing. His effort at jumping for headers which isn't his game are very poor.

afc1903mad
17-07-2017, 08:57 AM
In/Out ~ In
Furryboots ~ away section
Pre-match ~ trying to drink responsibly in the heat
Post-match ~ celebrating a win
Prediction ~ 1-2 (Stewart and Christie)

With regards Ronney, since the turn of the year he has been very poor and he has had more games like last Thursday where he appears to do next to nothing. His effort at jumping for headers which isn't his game are very poor.

Whilst I agree, the question does begger as to why we do not play to his strengths.
He's not a winger, hes, not that great aerially.
He a penalty box finisher, hitting high balls to him or asking him to run the channels will not bring out the best in him

Stupie82
17-07-2017, 09:30 AM
Whats with the Mclean hatred im seeing on this thread?

McLean was easily one of our best players last season and just because he has had an off game last week (as did many other players i hasten to add), he should be left at home? Im sorry, but this has nothing to with his ability and everything to do with the so called links to the huns. He maybe did have a poor game, but his reaction after being subbed suggested to me he was raging with himself. Cut him some slack, because he is undoubtedly going to be very important for us this season!!

afc1903mad
17-07-2017, 09:47 AM

McLean was easily one of our best players last season and just because he has had an off game last week (as did many other players i hasten to add), he should be left at home? Im sorry, but this has nothing to with his ability and everything to do with the so called links to the huns. He maybe did have a poor game, but his reaction after being subbed suggested to me he was raging with himself. Cut him some slack, because he is undoubtedly going to be very important for us this season!!

I agree.
In addition, I saw plenty of effort (especially the first half), it was just not coming off.
In the second (especially after Maynard came on for GMS), he was playing a different role.

Lets be positive, a good result on Thursday leaves us with a cracking tie with the aim of progression to QR4.

WatsonNimrod
17-07-2017, 10:16 AM

Rightly or wrongly he has now been tarnished with an association to deadco so for many folk out there he now has a target on his back.

Also some folk need someone to moan about now that Jack and McGinn have chuffed off.

It wasn't long ago that he was being spoken about as a £1.5 million plus player so one game in is a tad harsh to write him off.

Pacman1903
17-07-2017, 10:20 AM
Rightly or wrongly he has now been tarnished with an association to deadco so for many folk out there he now has a target on his back.

Also some folk need someone to moan about now that Jack and McGinn have chuffed off.

It wasn't long ago that he was being spoken about as a £1.5 million plus player so one game in is a tad harsh to write him off.

Should have left in your old last line. I liked it

Aldo1983
17-07-2017, 10:51 AM

Jack is gone so people need a human shield/target.

Stupie82
17-07-2017, 11:21 AM
Jack is gone so people need a human shield/target.

I dont understand why its McLean. Any talk of him going to Sevco has so far been purely WCM rag talk. McLean is a hun, theres no doubt, but i have never questioned his commitment to us, yet he has 1 bad game after all this paper talk and somehow he must be dropped? I mean jesus christ, he was excellent last season and is arguably one of our best players. We could speculate all day about what his career intentions are or whether he wants to go to the huns or not, but he is an Aberdeen player, is contracted as one, so lets get behind him.

mondo_notion
17-07-2017, 11:50 AM

Not much hatred really. Myself and blow up sheep suggested he should be a sub and donsdaft chipped in with his usual nonsense which every one knows to ignore and everything else is quite positive.

Aldo1983
17-07-2017, 11:53 AM
I dont understand why its McLean. Any talk of him going to Sevco has so far been purely WCM rag talk. McLean is a hun, theres no doubt, but i have never questioned his commitment to us, yet he has 1 bad game after all this paper talk and somehow he must be dropped? I mean jesus christ, he was excellent last season and is arguably one of our best players. We could speculate all day about what his career intentions are or whether he wants to go to the huns or not, but he is an Aberdeen player, is contracted as one, so lets get behind him.

I'll be honest, I think it's very unlikely he'll sign a new contract otherwise he would have by now...therefore I'd have sold him.

That said, he has a poor game on Thursday but he was trying. Being match unfit made a difference to all the players.

He started off slowly with us but mainly due to him being played out of position. He has been very good since. He isn't Hayes though. Theres folk on here that see him as the yardstick.

rico94
17-07-2017, 01:55 PM
To be fair on the anti McLean brigade apart from Joe Lewis every other player is disliked by at least 1 fan. Possibly Shinnie isn't either but I have heard and read murmurs the last 6 months from a few that gives me the impression it wont be long until he starts getting grief as well.

Quite surprising really considering how well we have done the last few years that there aren't many players who dont get stick, or has it always been like this but it wasn't as obvious pre social media days?

afc1903mad
17-07-2017, 02:17 PM
To be fair on the anti McLean brigade apart from Joe Lewis every other player is disliked by at least 1 fan. Possibly Shinnie isn't either but I have heard and read murmurs the last 6 months from a few that gives me the impression it wont be long until he starts getting grief as well.

Quite surprising really considering how well we have done the last few years that there aren't many players who dont get stick, or has it always been like this but it wasn't as obvious pre social media days?

To be fair, Shinnie didn't have his best game last Thursday.
That's not me being negative though, just fact and realisation it was the first game of the season.

Pacman1903
17-07-2017, 02:20 PM
Wheres a statto?

How many winners has Rooney scored us in his time here?

rico94
17-07-2017, 02:24 PM
To be fair, Shinnie didn't have his best game last Thursday.
That's not me being negative though, just fact and realisation it was the first game of the season.

I heard a few people last season saying he dives in too much and is a red card waiting to happen, little digs and comments like that are usually how it starts and why I think it wont be long before some fans will be on his back like the rest of the players.

Not me though as I think he is a superb player :)

afc1903mad
17-07-2017, 02:26 PM
I heard a few people last season saying he dives in too much and is a red card waiting to happen, little digs and comments like that are usually how it starts and why I think it wont be long before some fans will be on his back like the rest of the players.

I agree, he has so much energy and drive in our midfield, its why DM cannot take him out from there.
Although he did go left midfield when we went 4-4-1-1 last week.

Aldo1983
17-07-2017, 02:53 PM

He sometimes does dive in and gets caught out. Happened twice in the cup final ;).

WatsonNimrod
17-07-2017, 03:03 PM
Thankfully I haven't heard any bile directed towards Shinnie but nothing surprises me inside Pittodrie.

Will never forget a game the season after we won the ECWC and Strachan (long before he turned to the dark side) was having a kickaround with some kids just in front of the South Stand. Anyway he lets this kid nutmeg him and a guy in front of us leaps up in the air hysterically laughing and shouting... Aye Strachan yer S***E.... now f**k off and DIE.

Now THATS gratitude.

teaboy1903
17-07-2017, 03:09 PM
I think Derek wil start with same formation and personnel as home game, with the exception of Rooney who will be replaced with either Stockley, Stewart or Maynard depending on fitness levels, with Rooney coming on and us going to more 4-3-3 if we're needing goals towards the end.

thebeachend
17-07-2017, 03:53 PM
Thankfully I haven't heard any bile directed towards Shinnie but nothing surprises me inside Pittodrie.

Will never forget a game the season after we won the ECWC and Strachan (long before he turned to the dark side) was having a kickaround with some kids just in front of the South Stand. Anyway he lets this kid nutmeg him and a guy in front of us leaps up in the air hysterically laughing and shouting... Aye Strachan yer S***E.... now f**k off and DIE.

Now THATS gratitude.

That would have been Knox. They are all trying, but at times you're going to be ****e. There is nothing wrong with saying it how it is when this is the case. They're big loons and won't take comments to heart.

kkong
17-07-2017, 04:19 PM
We've got a Danish refereeing crew this week:

Referee: Michael Tykgaard (DEN)
Assistant Referee 1: Lars Rix (DEN)
Assistant Referee 2: Lars Hummelgaard (DEN)
4th Official: Dennis Mogensen (DEN)
UEFA Delegate: Borja Bilbao (ESP)
UEFA Referee Observer: Miroslav Liba (CZE)

Don_Corleone
17-07-2017, 04:44 PM
I'd go with...

Lewis
Tansey Shinnie
Christie McLean GMS
Stewart

Bring Wright on at some point if he's fit enough. I think in Europe we need someone up front who's a bit more mobile and can contribute more to the general play than Rooney. Front 4 in that formation would be pretty fluid. It's just a different type of game - not knocking Rooney, still think he's a ***** part of the team.

Bridieeater
17-07-2017, 07:01 PM
I'd go with...

Lewis
Tansey Shinnie
Christie McLean GMS
Stewart

Bring Wright on at some point if he's fit enough. I think in Europe we need someone up front who's a bit more mobile and can contribute more to the general play than Rooney. Front 4 in that formation would be pretty fluid. It's just a different type of game - not knocking Rooney, still think he's a ***** part of the team.

Stewart ain't an out and out striker, he will play on the right or play just in behind the striker.

WatsonNimrod
18-07-2017, 11:19 AM
I'd go with...

Lewis
Tansey Shinnie
Christie McLean GMS
Stewart

I would agree with that to a point however I would move Stewart back into midfield to sit just behind the striker (as someone has already said) probably take McLean out and put him on the bench (no ill will intended) and start with Maynard up front as I think he has goals in him.

You could even start with Wright. They looked pretty organized last week, if we play someone they don't know much about it could unsettle them

Don_Corleone
18-07-2017, 02:34 PM
I would agree with that to a point however I would move Stewart back into midfield to sit just behind the striker (as someone has already said) probably take McLean out and put him on the bench (no ill will intended) and start with Maynard up front as I think he has goals in him.

You could even start with Wright. They looked pretty organized last week, if we play someone they don't know much about it could unsettle them

If Wright is fit enough and in the form he showed against Partick at the end of last season he's well worthy of a place in the starting line up. It's good to have quite a few options. I do think we need someone up front who can contribute a bit more to the all round play than Rooney does - whatever folk thought of Goodwillie generally, he was quite effective in the European games at dropping short, holding the ball up and linking the play. Rooney isn't that type of striker and I don't know enough about Maynard to know whether he is. Although Stewart isn't an out and out striker, he could perhaps do that job. A fluid front 4 might give the opposition all sorts of problems if they are all swapping positions throughout the game, whereas 1 obvious striker up front on his own will likely get kept quiet pretty easily.

nice1simmy
20-07-2017, 11:43 AM
laola1.tv are advertising the match tonight,watched some games on it before and although there was no commentary the picture was pretty decent

donsdaft
20-07-2017, 12:07 PM
Picture is excellent and you don't have to put up with commentary s'hite but you still hear the crowd.

Perfect.

macattack
20-07-2017, 12:26 PM
Stewart ain't an out and out striker, he will play on the right or play just in behind the striker.

So Who Plays up front Stockley or Maynard ?

Skacel
20-07-2017, 12:34 PM
If Stockley starts I will be sticking some money on a red card.

afc1903mad
20-07-2017, 12:56 PM
So Who Plays up front Stockley or Maynard ?

Picking up on some of the things McInnes was saying, I'd reckon it will be Stockley

Pacman1903
20-07-2017, 03:07 PM
Picking up on some of the things McInnes was saying, I'd reckon it will be Stockley

I wonder if McBookie have red card odds tonight (only bookie that beats the firewall)

Disco Buc
20-07-2017, 03:49 PM
Plus the fact their players drop like flies, I wonder if its too big a risk.

Yup that's how I see it .

Still going to go for an away win as sometimes playing teams like that is better to play away due to fan pressures.

Aldo1983
20-07-2017, 04:01 PM
I wonder if McBookie have red card odds tonight (only bookie that beats the firewall)

If things are going well for us I can see one of them getting sent off.

RedStarTorphins
20-07-2017, 04:22 PM

Stockley is always a good shout

NewOrleansRed
20-07-2017, 04:33 PM
Stockley is always a good shout
If Elbows gets the nod it's an absoloute stick-on that the manager will have defenders flailing off Stockley like bad guys in a Jean Claude Van Damme movie. Mare chance of an Oscar though...

Pacman1903
20-07-2017, 04:45 PM
If Elbows gets the nod it's an absoloute stick-on that the manager will have defenders flailing off Stockley like bad guys in a Jean Claude Van Damme movie. Mare chance of an Oscar though...

If hes done his homework he will try to get Stockley afff and balls in behind Considine

Still going for my through on a score draaaa prediction though

COYFR

Corcaigh_Don
20-07-2017, 04:59 PM
Forgot to say, Eir Sports 2 are showing this live in Ireland, so if all else fails an Irish Pub might be a place you can watch it (as I assume they'd get in the Irish sports channels).

https://www.eirsport.ie/eir/tvguides

Aldo1983
20-07-2017, 05:13 PM
Their right back is utter pish and so is their goalkeeper. Down the wing or pinging it from distance at any chance they can get.

2-2

redscot
20-07-2017, 05:24 PM
Their right back is utter pish

Noticed that last week, he got caught out so many times...
hopefully he gets punished tonight.

thebeachend
20-07-2017, 05:36 PM
like the team tonight, width and attack minded. stockley I'm not keen on, but he is getting first run .

Pauldolski10
20-07-2017, 05:36 PM

Lewis
Mclean Shinnie
Stewart Christie GMS
Stockley

This management lark is easy

Pacman1903
20-07-2017, 05:40 PM

Champ as a loon?

Hairdrier
20-07-2017, 06:10 PM
Aberdeen: Lewis, Logan, O'Connor, Reynolds, Considine, Christie, Shinnie, McLean, Stewart, Stockley, Mackay-Steven.

Aldo1983
20-07-2017, 06:11 PM

I'm happy with your team selection. With the exception of O'Connor but we don't have a choice just now. I'm sure he's not as bad as we all think, it's just his dithering and inability to run properly that fills everyone with fear. A bit like the Langfield syndrome.

donsdaft
20-07-2017, 06:21 PM
Weak in the middle with McLean there.
We better be going for goals.

RedStarTorphins
20-07-2017, 06:24 PM
like the team tonight, width and attack minded. stockley I'm not keen on, but he is getting first run .

Shall we run a sweep when big Jayden gets sent off?

aberoz
20-07-2017, 06:29 PM
Shall we run a sweep when big Jayden gets sent off?

£10 on @ 5/2 with Skybet.

Just in case .

RED_JOHN
20-07-2017, 06:33 PM

I am going to blame you if it goes tits up! :P

Don_Corleone
20-07-2017, 06:34 PM
Anyone else watching on RED TV? I've got the audio but just got the AFC badge rather than a picture at the moment...

TheRedRichard
20-07-2017, 06:34 PM
so should i sub to prem sports or will i just get it on cricfree anyway?

Don_Corleone
20-07-2017, 06:40 PM
Looks like there's a picture in behind the Aberdeen badge.... hoping the AFC badge is going to disappear in the next couple of minutes... or it'll be mega annoying!

Bobby's_Blouse
20-07-2017, 06:43 PM
Picture coming through now on RedTV. COYR!!!!

Don_Corleone
20-07-2017, 06:44 PM
Picture coming through now on RedTV. COYR!!!!

What a relief... was getting nervous!! COYR!!

thebeachend
20-07-2017, 06:47 PM
Cricfree link working fine so far (fingers crossed)
Also Michael Stewart co-commentary - don't normally mind him - at least he doesn't slag the fans like RedTV

http://cricfree.sc/watch/live/siroki-brijeg-vs-aberdeen-live-streaming

working great hope it stays

redscot
20-07-2017, 06:51 PM
Heid first....COYR

thebeachend
20-07-2017, 07:08 PM
lacklustre start....need to take control. stockley i'm just nae convinced

sheepcrooky
20-07-2017, 07:12 PM
What the **** is all this with free kicks? Someone puts their hand on the ball and then we **** it up. Same last week.

thebeachend
20-07-2017, 07:13 PM
What the **** is all this with free kicks? Someone puts their hand on the ball and then we **** it up. Same last week.

agreed, 2 terrible kicks. stop ****ing around with this touching the ball.

InversneckieDob
20-07-2017, 07:27 PM
WTF is it with us and refs in Europe?

This guy is a melt.

RedStarTorphins
20-07-2017, 07:30 PM
WTF is it with us and refs in Europe?

This guy is a melt.

My summation so far;

The ref is a c*nt!
How's that no6 still on?

And we look disjointed. Like strangers.

thebeachend
20-07-2017, 07:31 PM
I agree the ref is garbage, but we're not doing nearly enough. If the plan is to hold till half time then fair enough, but we should be taking the game to them. They're poor, but so are we. Need a change in attitude.

Jormungand
20-07-2017, 07:38 PM
Missed the first game but watching this. Pish so far - this team is about Ross County standard and we're losing to them.

20-07-2017, 07:38 PM
Hmmm. Nae happy but at least not behind. We have to make our chances, this game has me feeling we are happy to plod along hoping a goal will come along. Let's see how first 20mins go and I'll be worried if we don't get anything then it will be the usual last ten minute panic

Feck_the_Huns
20-07-2017, 07:39 PM
This is not a good team, will be really disappointed if we go out tonight but worry that the tie has come too early for us in the season.

Still hopeful we can get over the line though

Don_Corleone
20-07-2017, 07:40 PM
Point made on RED TV commentary was probably a good one - normally our first games are against lesser quality opposition in first qualifying round and that gives us a couple of competitive games to get up to speed before playing a team like this, whereas this year we're up against a decent team straight away.

We're not really controlling the game or stringing any passes together and we've not really created anything of note. Not sure Stockley is really contributing much - would probably change him for someone else fairly early in second half. I'd imagine someone like Stewart will tire fairly quickly too and we might see Wright coming on. GMS doing ok on the left but everything's a bit scrappy.

thebeachend
20-07-2017, 07:41 PM
He is our only one looking to attack OBI. For a team with so many attack minded players we have got to the byeline twice in 45 mins. Keeper hasn't had anything to deal with. I don't like Stockley, he really offers nothing. Steart, Christie & Maclean need to turn up now. If not we're in a bit of bother.

Don_Corleone
20-07-2017, 07:43 PM
The Bosnians are nothing special - mid table SPL quality I'd say. I think the main problem is match sharpness and practice at playing together. McGinn and Hayes would've taken care of these boys no problem. GMS and Stewart have the ability to do so too but doesn't seem to be clicking into place just yet.

Aldo1983
20-07-2017, 07:44 PM
Stockely offers what's expecting of him by DM, same as Rooney.

fittiered
20-07-2017, 07:45 PM
There's nae been much from the Dons first half, the ref hasn't sent their captain off yet and I don't know how? Their persistent fouling and one booking, then Christie gets a yellow for one foul and was unintentional!! Fkn danish cnt.....

Hairdrier
20-07-2017, 07:47 PM
Not a bad first half, not going through though and don't understand the point of Stockley - adds nothing.

vinnydesalvo
20-07-2017, 07:48 PM
Let McLean go to Huns - get two decent deep midfielders in with some of the cash. Considine into centre for Reynolds - quality left-back in. Is Moult not too similar to Rooney? No chance of another enquiry for May? Would offer more versatility than Moult, but would happily take him in ahead of Stockley. Granted the big man is getting little service, but when it does come he is neither offering physicality or ability to hold up and link play.

A wee spell in the last ten minutes where we started to pose problems. Hope we get right into them beginning of the 2nd half with Rooney on from the start and have a bloody word about the set-pieces. Fit or not match-fit, new faces settling in, we should be taking this lot. Come on you reds.

Don_Corleone
20-07-2017, 07:54 PM
Agree - we need someone more mobile up top. Rooney and Stockley are both pretty slow and cumbersome. No idea what Maynard's like.

thebeachend
20-07-2017, 07:58 PM
Stewart looks a skillful, clever enough player but obvious why he never made it in England. He is another who is painfully slow. Poor condition for a fairly young player, looks too heavy.

Hairdrier
20-07-2017, 07:59 PM
Poor from Stewart - close though.

Stupie82
20-07-2017, 08:04 PM
Stockley is mince... why has he not been subbed yet

InversneckieDob
20-07-2017, 08:06 PM
Chances.......................

thebeachend
20-07-2017, 08:07 PM
I take back the skillful comment. Side foot from 10 yds and can't pass it into the net. 9K a week!

vinnydesalvo
20-07-2017, 08:12 PM
RRRRRRRRRRRRoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooney.

Hairdrier
20-07-2017, 08:12 PM
Ssssssssssssssuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuubbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb bbsssssssssss

Maynard - Stockley

thebeachend
20-07-2017, 08:13 PM
our boss must see something i dont. Stockley & Stewart off.

Hairdrier
20-07-2017, 08:17 PM
1-0 Stewart

Yaaaaaaaaaassss

Stupie82
yAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAS

vinnydesalvo
Some save. What a signing. Little to do in a game and comes up with the magic every few and far between moment. A mobile striker that could do the same would be worth his weight in gold.

thebeachend
20-07-2017, 08:18 PM
brilliant christie, and stewart some right peg! up his wage!

sheepcrooky
20-07-2017, 08:18 PM
Get ****ing in.

vinnydesalvo
20-07-2017, 08:19 PM
Yassssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.

InversneckieDob
20-07-2017, 08:20 PM
That was a pass and a half fae Christie

20-07-2017, 08:20 PM
Yasss ya feckers!!!!! Now don't cock it up

gudge1903
20-07-2017, 08:21 PM
thank **** for that.

Pacman1903
Yaaaas

vinnydesalvo
Boy's got a right after after all. Ya dancer. Counter attack all the way now lads. Composure - come on Dons.

Hairdrier
20-07-2017, 08:23 PM
2-0 GMS

Yassssss

gudge1903
20-07-2017, 08:23 PM
Yyyyaaaaasssss

InversneckieDob
20-07-2017, 08:24 PM
YA ROASTER!

Another killer ball fae Christie

Pacman1903
Done and dusted. Yaaas min

thebeachend
thats an absolute peach. ryan christie is some footballer.

Stupie82
Christie has been immense! brilliant

20-07-2017, 08:25 PM
Excellent.... Job done

vinnydesalvo
20-07-2017, 08:25 PM
****ing genius. ****ing get in.

Pacman1903
20-07-2017, 08:26 PM
Cyprus will be scorching this time of year. Gutted im stuck oot here

COYFR

InversneckieDob
20-07-2017, 08:28 PM
Are you watching ryan jack? :P

Stupie82
Cyprus will be scorching this time of year. Gutted im stuck oot here

COYFR

Deek can top his tan nae bother :D

Stupie82
are you watching ryan jack? :d

XD

Don_Corleone
20-07-2017, 08:30 PM
Why bring on Rooney for GMS? Why not Wright? Seems bizzare change.

thebeachend
20-07-2017, 08:32 PM
Madness he can't get into the 'tic team. Thank feck :heart:

It's crazy. He can play in far better teams than the jungle jims. Hayes & McGinn are not at his level and he'll get better.

redscot
20-07-2017, 08:39 PM
Magic result...yaaaassss

Hairdrier
20-07-2017, 08:40 PM
That's a great result

COYR

Pacman1903
20-07-2017, 08:41 PM
Excellent nights work

Miss the next round too :mad:

Jormungand
20-07-2017, 08:42 PM
Much better second half! Christie excellent. Very happy! COYR

Stupie82
20-07-2017, 08:43 PM
Great result. Maynard done well when he came on. Drew two defenders away for the first goal, allowing Greg Stewart to peel off. Chrsitie was excellent, as was Joe Lewis. Buzzing for next round!

Will also mean first home game of season will be moved to Sunday!

Feck_the_Huns
20-07-2017, 08:45 PM
Fair chuffed with that. Chuffed for Stewart, GMS but particularly young Christie.

On we march.

Really need to put away this Cypriot side now

TheRedRichard
20-07-2017, 08:49 PM
Lovely Jubbly. Would have been a travesty if we'd gone out to that team. Good to see some sharpness returning in the second half. Bring on the Cypriots!

sonofrgmsdad
20-07-2017, 08:50 PM
Well done to all the lads. Just got better and better as the game went on. Christie outstanding.

:star::star:

RedStarTorphins
20-07-2017, 08:51 PM
The second half was excellent.
Well deserved.
Christie will be our POTY.
He's class.
That mob were sh1te & got what they deserved for their constant cheating & fouling.
Still think we need a "focal point" up front.

ohno
20-07-2017, 08:51 PM
Arnason ok for next round?

Landvetter83
20-07-2017, 08:52 PM
Just back .... from the pub!

Real boost to go through. Christie with two sublime passes followed by clean finishes by Stewart and Mackay-Steven. Dons grew into the game after the first half water break and totally ran the second half. Great Stuff. Key West was bouncing!

Cue the usual suspects moaning now .... "Stockley was sh!te", "Considine was pants and kept getting caught out", "Rooney did f@ck all when he came on" ... blah blah blah ....

COYR

hulldon
Watched from French holiday via an excellent Bosnian stream - laola1.tv - and I must say, that was a very professional performance. First half we just kept them at arm's length, but we pressed from start of second half. Made a few chances before we scored, and kept them down to one real chance - volley on break where Joe made a great save.
Our 2 goals were brilliantly made from Christie and beautifully finished. Things looked good and after we scored the second, we managed the game properly.
Onwards and upwards, but need us to make one more round if I am to join the Dandies, such as those who had a great time in Bosnia - great support which cam over well.
MoM - Christie - he was great going forward and helped out at the back too, which seemed an issue last week.
Honourable mentions for pretty much everyone else...... No major cock-ups
COYR

Sheepie_Shower_Cap
Delighted, decent performance, still more to come hopefully. Hope the dandies over there are safe tonight.

To the tune of 'I'll never fall in love again' by dionne Warwick

What do you get when you attack the reds
A goal from Stewart and G.M.S!!!!

Stavrum
20-07-2017, 08:53 PM
Fair chuffed with that. Chuffed for Stewart, GMS but particularly young Christie.

On we march.

Really need to put away this Cypriot side now

Great result tonight, played it perfectly. tight in the first half, conserved energy and upped the tempo in the second. If we were a bit sharper we could of scored more

Just did a bit of research on this Cypriot mob. Don't look too shabby, some decent pedigree in Europe in recent years. Will be no push overs

foreveradon
20-07-2017, 08:55 PM
Great performance and so pleased for christie
Hes an outstanding talent and yet you get idiots saying hes a celtic player and he shouldnt be playing for us
We tried to sign him on a perm deal so too me this is the next best thing

Aldo1983
20-07-2017, 08:58 PM
Fair play to the defence as well tonight.

Jussi
20-07-2017, 08:59 PM
Hopefully Arnason will improve the defence & stop all this long passing back to the goalie, which is always inviting trouble.
Stockley is not up to the standard we really want I'm afraid.

Getintaethem
20-07-2017, 09:00 PM
Nah convinced by the opposition...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KB9m4TOZEcE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCRDsBxlb5s

the opposition could not defend.

thebeachend
This is really poor BBC...what negative spin to put on the result. Very disrespectful of an away win in Europe. Shocker of a tweet.
Aberdeen were 18 minutes from Europa League elimination against Siroki Brijeg.

But two late goals sent them through http://bbc.in/2tKMiDW

rustlinsweetiepapers
And do those who slaughtered them (unjustly in my opinion) have a few good words to say for Reynolds and Considine, and, to a lesser extent, in terms of abuse, O'Connor?

(Aldo exempt from this question ;D)

Stavrum
20-07-2017, 09:02 PM
Nah convinced by the opposition...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KB9m4TOZEcE

Better than us in recent years

Season Competition Stage P W D L
2015/16 UEFA Europa League Third qualifying round 6 3 2 1
2014/15 UEFA Europa League Group stage 8 2 1 5
2013/14 UEFA Europa League Group stage 8 2 1 5
2010/11 UEFA Europa League Third qualifying round 2 1 0 1
2006/07 UEFA Champions League First qualifying round 2 0 1 1

NaeMairNeeps
20-07-2017, 09:02 PM
Belated 'Yyyaaassses' .... 1 for each goal, one for the final whistle, and a bonus 'yyyaasss' for the travellin Dandies and their rendition o' 'Are ye watchin R**n J**k' .... fkn superb :)

sheepcrooky
20-07-2017, 09:14 PM
Brilliant performance. Solid at the back, strength in midfield and took both goals well. Was definitely worth £9.99 of my hard earned to Premier Sports.

Away to Tenerife first thing tomorrow so will miss both games for next round. Premier Sports app or Red TV International it has to be.

Hope abidy gets home safely.

Stand Free my fellow Dandies.

Oh........and......are you watching Ryan Jack :) :) :)

rustlinsweetiepapers
20-07-2017, 09:17 PM
Magic result & two folk already signed in just to have a go at other fans. Wow.

It's not a 'just'. If someone is playing in an Aberdeen jersey you support him. I thought the negativity after the first leg against Consi, Reynolds and O'Connor was disgusting. Particularly happy as I can get to Limassol from Romania. Saw Appollon few times in the league last year - as good as Groningen, probably not as good as Real Sociedad so it's achievable.

Can someone explain the seeding to me? Were we not the seeded team in this round? Usually (or am I a dinosaur) the seeded teams plays it's second game at home? Is either team seeded next round or why is the first round at Pittodrie?

Ryan who?

Mason89
20-07-2017, 09:20 PM
Great performance and so pleased for christie
Hes an outstanding talent and yet you get idiots saying hes a celtic player and he shouldnt be playing for us

He's a Celtic player and shouldn't be playing for us.

Can't believe he can't get a game there. He's miles ahead of their latest midfield wonderkid

sheepcrooky
It's not a 'just'. If someone is playing in an Aberdeen jersey you support him. I thought the negativity after the first leg against Consi, Reynolds and O'Connor was disgusting. Particularly happy as I can get to Limassol from Romania. Saw Appollon few times in the league last year - as good as Groningen, probably not as good as Real Sociedad so it's achievable.

Can someone explain the seeding to me? Were we not the seeded team in this round? Usually (or am I a dinosaur) the seeded teams plays it's second game at home? Is either team seeded next round or why is the first round at Pittodrie?

Ryan who?

Being seeded has nothing to do with who plays at home first. Seed and non-seed balls are drawn and then put into another bowl. Both balls are rumbled about and them picked. First one picked there plays at home first.

Getintaethem
Better than us in recent years

Season Competition Stage P W D L
2015/16 UEFA Europa League Third qualifying round 6 3 2 1
2014/15 UEFA Europa League Group stage 8 2 1 5
2013/14 UEFA Europa League Group stage 8 2 1 5
2010/11 UEFA Europa League Third qualifying round 2 1 0 1
2006/07 UEFA Champions League First qualifying round 2 0 1 1

What I meant was their opposition.

redscot
20-07-2017, 09:22 PM
We go again...COYR

rustlinsweetiepapers
20-07-2017, 09:26 PM
Thank you sheepcrooky. I knew it was a load of balls. Seem to remember it being different in the past but, equally, used to remember what I had for my tea.

donsdaft
20-07-2017, 10:02 PM
That's my ticket bought for Thursday.
Seems to be a bit of a mix up about kick off times. 18.00 or 19.45

Either way, there was a queue to get on the site.

Season tickets held until Monday

Skacel
20-07-2017, 10:15 PM
Another excellent away result in Europe. Didn't see the match but just saw the goals. Christie really is a touch of class. Two great finishes and a cracking save from Joe Lewis too.

I think these are last season's numbers but they are indicative of the prize money we should receive:

First qualifying round – €215,000
Second qualifying round – €225,000
Third qualifying round – €235,000
Play-offs – €245,000 (only eliminated clubs)
Allocation to all group stage participants: €2.6m.

erchieplum
20-07-2017, 10:24 PM
Absolutely brilliant result tonight. Cynical fouls and feigning injury gets you only so far when Aberdeen went for them they had nothing particular to offer. A well deserved victory COYR

fittiered
20-07-2017, 10:40 PM
Forgot my I'd and password for online tickets!!!

ragnarok
21-07-2017, 12:00 AM
I think these are last season's numbers but they are indicative of the prize money we should receive:

First qualifying round – €215,000
Second qualifying round – €225,000
Third qualifying round – €235,000
Play-offs – €245,000 (only eliminated clubs)
Allocation to all group stage participants: €2.6m.

The Group stages would be massive for the club financially, no question. We would probably be looking at gates from three full houses at home as well.

Apollon certainly won't be mugs but they're a standard of side we simply have to beat if we have future aspirations of reaching the group stages on a regular basis. We all felt a bit hard done by after Kairat and Maribor so I'm optimistic that we can go at least one round further this year. Then it's largely down to the luck of the draw in the Play-offs.

ragnarok
21-07-2017, 12:19 AM
Just saw the goals on YouTube - great play by Christie for both.

sancho_panza
21-07-2017, 01:13 AM
The Group stages would be massive for the club financially, no question. We would probably be looking at gates from three full houses at home as well.

Apollon certainly won't be mugs but they're a standard of side we simply have to beat if we have future aspirations of reaching the group stages on a regular basis. We all felt a bit hard done by after Kairat and Maribor so I'm optimistic that we can go at least one round further this year. Then it's largely down to the luck of the draw in the Play-offs.

If it's like last year you also get an additional €360,000 for every win in the group stage and €120,000 for every draw. It's a tall order but these are pretty massive rewards for a club in our position.

ragnarok
21-07-2017, 01:19 AM
If it's like last year you also get an additional €360,000 for every win in the group stage and €120,000 for every draw. It's a tall order but these are pretty massive rewards for a club in our position.

If we can beat Appolon then I'm mildly confident we can get to the Group stages. The thing about teams like Appolon (see Kairat and Maribor as well) is that qualification is just as important for them as it is for us. Assuming we avoid the really big names like Milan and PSV, I think we'll have a chance against most of the seeded teams. For some of them the Europa League is a bit of a distraction.

I saw that Galatasaray were knocked out by an unfancied Swedish team in the previous round.

Getintaethem
21-07-2017, 04:09 AM
Just saw the goals on YouTube - great play by Christie for both.

Those goals just get better and better the more you watch them. Christie spotting the pass and playing it when he did was sublime. Stewart is so left footed and then pops up with a great right footed strike.

Interestingly, Christie runs straight to DM after the second goal.

fair chuffed.

awafaehame
21-07-2017, 05:15 AM
Those goals just get better and better the more you watch them. Christie spotting the pass and playing it when he did was sublime. Stewart is so left footed and then pops up with a great right footed strike.

Interestingly, Christie runs straight to DM after the second goal.

fair chuffed.

Aye i saw that Christie ran to DM, I actually thought it was Shinnie to start with, but after the 46th time of watching it (well, i'm happy!!!) i noticed it was Christie.

Seems to be a very close nit group of players again with the management which can only work well for us in the coming season.

DonUnder
21-07-2017, 05:19 AM
Watched from French holiday via an excellent Bosnian stream - laola1.tv - and I must say, that was a very professional performance. First half we just kept them at arm's length, but we pressed from start of second half. Made a few chances before we scored, and kept them down to one real chance - volley on break where Joe made a great save.
Our 2 goals were brilliantly made from Christie and beautifully finished. Things looked good and after we scored the second, we managed the game properly.
Onwards and upwards, but need us to make one more round if I am to join the Dandies, such as those who had a great time in Bosnia - great support which cam over well.
MoM - Christie - he was great going forward and helped out at the back too, which seemed an issue last week.
Honourable mentions for pretty much everyone else...... No major cock-ups
COYR

Caught it on RedTV (which worked!) in the Pilbara. Great performance and Christie was the best on the park by a distance. He may not be suited to a February cup tie in Inverness but I think in Europe he can be a major asset. I know we can't afford his wages or to break the wage structure but a hefty signing on fee and large slice of the Hayes money must be worth a try?

BorneoRed
21-07-2017, 05:33 AM
Caught it on RedTV (which worked!) in the Pilbara. Great performance and Christie was the best on the park by a distance. He may not be suited to a February cup tie in Inverness but I think in Europe he can be a major asset. I know we can't afford his wages or to break the wage structure but a hefty signing on fee and large slice of the Hayes money must be worth a try?

Had a quick look on the CelticTalk forum (hmmm really?) Anyway, one post had many Tims actually praising us and happy we won and also getting all wet over Christie. They all rate him and said thank fck he cannot play against them.
I just hope they cannot or dont recall him halfway through the season.

RedStarTorphins
21-07-2017, 06:17 AM

We did try to sign him permanently.
Celtic didn't want to.
We might have another go before the transfer window shuts.
If their new boy does well (the £4.5m boy) then you never know.

Aldo1983
21-07-2017, 07:51 AM
We did try to sign him permanently.
Celtic didn't want to.
We might have another go before the transfer window shuts.
If their new boy does well (the £4.5m boy) then you never know.

If he keeps playing the way he has been then we won't be able to afford him.

Apparently Lawell was a nightmare when we were trying to get GMS.

rico94
21-07-2017, 07:52 AM

Ryan who?

There seems to be a lot of newbies/long time lurkers who have been moaning recently about the disgraceful,disgusting or embarrassing posts on here. Im sorry to tell you but it never gets any better on here, even when we have went on 7 or 8 game winning runs there is always someone moaning about something on here. The place would be pretty dull if there wasn't.

Anyway back to the game, I thought it was a good performance by the whole team. Christie, GMS and Stewart look like they are going to be a real threat for us this year. Defence looked solid enough but the 3 guys who got criticized for the first leg are fine against the opposition of Sirokis quality its when they come up against the likes of Celtic they struggle, hopefully Arnason will bring the best out of them :)

macattack
21-07-2017, 09:47 AM
Wow what a night :) but boy I feel like crap this morning :cool: Who got MOTM for Dons was it Christie ?

afc1903mad
21-07-2017, 10:20 AM

We were seeded against Siroki Brijeg, but not against Apollon Limmassol.
Regardless, seeding does not factor, its who's drawn out of the pot first, which we were, so first game is at home

Pacman1903
21-07-2017, 11:28 AM
Who gives a f@ck about seeding. We winna be when we are pumping the likes of Hertha Berlin, Villarreal, Arsenal, Lazio, Lyon etc en route to Parc Olympique Lyonnais :D

Pacman1903
21-07-2017, 03:19 PM
http://i63.tinypic.com/2d95h1z.jpg

Any radge make it in the photae

afc1903mad
21-07-2017, 03:31 PM
http://i63.tinypic.com/2d95h1z.jpg

Any radge make it in the photae

Did GMS make it into the stands? Looks like he lost his scarf though

Skacel
21-07-2017, 03:37 PM
Did GMS make it into the stands? Looks like he lost his scarf though

Is that Clangers next to him in the blue top?

Pacman1903
21-07-2017, 05:29 PM
I see the plane that flew the team over was the very plane that carted Guns N Roses about on their recent European tour

kkong
21-07-2017, 10:04 PM
Waiting to hear neilthedon's next post (if/when he sobers up). :P

He was fairly vocal for the whole 90, screaming abuse at the Swedish ref the whole game (I eventually had to tell him he was Danish). :D

Also seemed to leave the stadium and then re-appear in the home end down by the tunnel after the final whistle.

GASC1980
23-07-2017, 01:05 PM
Yes I have never seen him that animated at a match Also didn't know he had tourettes. Didn't appear to remember much on the Friday!!!

neilthedon
23-07-2017, 01:46 PM
Waiting to hear neilthedon's next post (if/when he sobers up). :P

He was fairly vocal for the whole 90, screaming abuse at the Swedish ref the whole game (I eventually had to tell him he was Danish). :D

Also seemed to leave the stadium and then re-appear in the home end down by the tunnel after the final whistle.

Erm, Well yes..................... I wasn`t too happy with the Home sides pathetic antics , so thought it best have a discussion with the local support.?

I`d been in their Supporters Club Bar before the game , and it seems they found my animated "discussions" amusing . as one of the Locals brought me a Pint from their end at half time and passed it through the segragation fence !!

At the end of the game I climbed oaround the partition fence and just wandered back into their bar. ( It was actually built into the ground. They had a turnstile entrance to enter it !! ) By the end of the game I`d had my own assigned Security bloke , and he was laughing but shaking his head when I asked if it was ok to climb over the wall , so I just waited till he had decided to knock off for the night before " storming" their end .

Have to say , the Bejig lot in the other half of the Away Stand were spot on. I had absolutely no bother from them. Which was pretty amazing given reports from the others towards my ranting behaviour !!!

neilthedon
23-07-2017, 01:47 PM
I`m thinking I should grow my hair long again. This new short haircut seems to have turned me into a ranty Auld cnut !!!

kkong
24-07-2017, 02:06 PM
A few photos from before and after the game, to set the scene for those who were not there.

Maybe some people will recognise themselves.

http://i.imgur.com/xloSYlX.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/7sXmLJN.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Bf4R4wF.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/yRiYjg3.jpg

total_ersehole
24-07-2017, 04:03 PM
Pic #2, boy selling draught beer and had a barbeque set-up up, very far right.

The sassidges were fcking AMAZING and arrived in a huge pile.
Like something oot of a kids comic.
But wi'oot the mash (was gigantic pitta style thingys to hoy the sassidges in).

neilthedon
24-07-2017, 04:46 PM
Pic #2, boy selling draught beer and had a barbeque set-up up, very far right.

The sassidges were fcking AMAZING and arrived in a huge pile.
Like something oot of a kids comic.
But wi'oot the mash (was gigantic pitta style thingys to hoy the sassidges in).

Had some similar in Mostar that afternoon. Guy serving them called them " traditional BBosnian " sausages. Served with a flat bread like a giant Pitta and a red sauce made with tomato , red pepper and olive oil .

Affa affa fine !!!

( Mind yyour Seller probably called them " traditional Croatian " sausages if he was from Siroki ?!! )

donsdaft
24-07-2017, 07:41 PM
That's my loon at the back of the queue in the 3rd picture, looking like he's soon to be sporting the same kind of hairstyle as his auld Da.

He's just been round for his supper, showing off some great photos.

I particularly liked the one of the postcard his mate sent to Ryan Jack