PDA

View Full Version : 2 new centrebacks comming in

Billyni
16-07-2017, 04:34 PM
Flint, Hellander, Baath, Elphick mentioned. Who would you realistically want?
Get your criticism in early.

norfolk white
16-07-2017, 04:41 PM
Any of them, they're all better than cooper

joellufcprice
16-07-2017, 05:26 PM
Any of them, they're all better than cooper

Do you really know that though?

Rev72
16-07-2017, 06:14 PM
They are all sh1t billy..just ask WTF for more details XD :O XD :O

WTF11
16-07-2017, 07:17 PM
Flint, yes. Bath, yes. Helander, hmm mm. Elphick, no thanks. Probability of any coming to Leeds? Nil

CLIVETHELEEDSFAN
16-07-2017, 10:38 PM
Would be helander first choice with Flint as back up

SouthgateWhite
17-07-2017, 12:03 AM
Linked tonight to Harold Voyer from PSG. So are Barcodes.

Billyni
18-07-2017, 03:27 PM
Mathew Pennington or Michael Dawson.

CLIVETHELEEDSFAN
18-07-2017, 04:40 PM
Dawson is injury prone, Pennington is unproven, batth is average, voyer no idea but young from what I've heard, elphick is average.

Now helander is a Sweden international with experience of having played with Jansson so they could form a good partnership

And Flint is a big strong fella at 6'5, can score goals from set pieces, and has some championship experience, he would do as backup for jansson and helander

WTF11
18-07-2017, 05:21 PM
Looks like it's Pennington, season loan.

Done some good stuff in the lower leagues on loan, thoughts on how he might shape up if he does indeed come to ER?

espaņablanco73
19-07-2017, 07:10 AM
think he might be alright, after all Bartley was a loaner too. What worries me about losing Bartley though wasnt just his steadying influence at the back, but also his goals, think he got 4 or 5, which was more than our entire midfield combined last season [lets hope the new signings know where the net is].

Billyni
24-07-2017, 08:25 PM
Another one due in a couple of days. Apparently a new name not mentioned before.

CLIVETHELEEDSFAN
24-07-2017, 08:33 PM
Exactly, Pennington we weren't linked with till the last minute, and all the others mentioned according to Lee Sobot haven't been mentioned by anyone, God knows who these new signings will be

joellufcprice
24-07-2017, 08:42 PM
Another one due in a couple of days. Apparently a new name not mentioned before.

Lucas Radebe. A mate told me he overheard it in Red Hot Buffet, deal as good as done as long as they can glue his knees back together

Billyni
24-07-2017, 08:50 PM
Lucas Radebe. A mate told me he overheard it in Red Hot Buffet, deal as good as done as long as they can glue his knees back together

No no. Never go back.
On second thoughts, he'd still be better than Cooper.

joellufcprice
24-07-2017, 09:05 PM
No no. Never go back.
On second thoughts, he'd still be better than Cooper.

Cooper isn't that bad lol, people keep saying he was terrible in the friendly but we conceded 3 with Pontus and Pennington on the pitch and only 1 with him lol

CLIVETHELEEDSFAN
25-07-2017, 03:10 PM
Pontus wasn't fully fit, Pennington was quite new, ayling was on the wrong side, and Anita is a central midfielder, the defence has been makeshift all preseason, we desperately need to sort out centreback and left back, there's no better right back pair in the division than ayling and berardi, and Jansson when fully fit is one of the best centrebacks, Pennington is highly thought of at Everton but if we sell Cooper, then it's 2 new centre backs and 2 new left backs required, Denton should join Coyle out on loan. Ideally our defence options should look like this.

RB berardi, ayling
LB new player, new player
CB jansson, new player, Pennington, new player

Tichi1
25-07-2017, 03:49 PM
Pontus wasn't fully fit, Pennington was quite new, ayling was on the wrong side, and Anita is a central midfielder, the defence has been makeshift all preseason, we desperately need to sort out centreback and left back, there's no better right back pair in the division than ayling and berardi, and Jansson when fully fit is one of the best centrebacks, Pennington is highly thought of at Everton but if we sell Cooper, then it's 2 new centre backs and 2 new left backs required, Denton should join Coyle out on loan. Ideally our defence options should look like this.

RB berardi, ayling
LB new player, new player
CB jansson, new player, Pennington, new player

Clive, Much as cooper is decidedly a poor third or fourth choice from my perspective [And others on here too] I doubt that the club are looking to move him on - he will be in the squad come Bolton away - trust me.

If we can get ONE decent center half and a quality left back before then season starts i'll be happyO:)

CLIVETHELEEDSFAN
25-07-2017, 06:32 PM
Don't you find it annoying though that most fans know he's a defensive weak link but all the professionals think he's great

Billyni
25-07-2017, 08:57 PM
Don't you find it annoying though that most fans know he's a defensive weak link but all the professionals think he's great

To be honest a lot of us were all having doubting thoughts about Wood this time last year and look how that turned out.

joellufcprice
25-07-2017, 11:02 PM

I don't think he's that bad, we could do a lot worse as a back up. If we get one more in and he is another option for us I'm more than happy. He seems to be the fashionable scape goat at the moment, which I don't really get. I'd be disappointed if he was a first choice, but as a back up hes more than adequate.

Tichi1
26-07-2017, 08:21 AM
I don't think he's that bad, we could do a lot worse as a back up. If we get one more in and he is another option for us I'm more than happy. He seems to be the fashionable scape goat at the moment, which I don't really get. I'd be disappointed if he was a first choice, but as a back up hes more than adequate.

Agree Joel,
Clive has a habit of making center halves his whipping boys lol!O:)

Rev72
26-07-2017, 09:24 AM
Cooper's not bad XD

F*cking hell joel have you taken over from silentmoan as this forums comedian :O

;D

CLIVETHELEEDSFAN
26-07-2017, 11:41 AM
Since when have I made centre backs whipping boys, that's crap

CLIVETHELEEDSFAN
26-07-2017, 11:43 AM
Considering I actually rated bellusci better than cooper

Tichi1
26-07-2017, 12:31 PM
Since when have I made centre backs whipping boys, that's crap

Scott Wooton ring any bells??? :):)

CLIVETHELEEDSFAN
26-07-2017, 03:36 PM
He was played at right back, that doesn't count!!!!!

CLIVETHELEEDSFAN
26-07-2017, 03:38 PM
And really come on, Wootton was yeeeeeeeeeeeeears ago!!!!!!!!, and where is Wootton now, league one?

Onto more positive news, helander has been mooted again, available if we bid enough, would be a good signing I reckon

Tichi1
27-07-2017, 01:33 PM
According to Kippax White you're about to become a happy lad Cive [Can I still call you a lad now you've turned 30?]