PDA

View Full Version : Gibbs for 12m

BaggieBlood
17-07-2017, 12:01 PM
First jrod and now gibbs from arsenal.

I wondered why they were building a super hospital in Smethwick.

If he signs I hope it's a loan to permanent.

mickd1961
17-07-2017, 12:39 PM
Do I need to polish off my Oakley's again ready to place over my knob?

WBA123
17-07-2017, 04:11 PM
He's a good player with pedigree, 10 caps for England.

I'd be pretty happy if he joined and £12m is a fair rate in today's market.

Lets see what happens...

viaductbaggies
17-07-2017, 05:43 PM
How tall is he ?

Leicesterbaggie
17-07-2017, 06:19 PM
I think that Gibbs would be a good aquisition for us and he's a natural left back!! However, there'll be be some reason given why the deal fell through. I know that sounds cynical but that's how I feel regarding our transfer dealings.

WBA53
17-07-2017, 06:58 PM
Not tall enough for a pulis defender,only 5'10 and far too attack minded

Q165
17-07-2017, 08:00 PM
Like it but doubt it. This is the Albion after all.

Johnny on the spot 1
18-07-2017, 01:42 PM
Like it but doubt it. This is the Albion after all.

Now saying the price is to high .
UNBELIEVABLE 🤡

Leicesterbaggie
18-07-2017, 03:07 PM
As I said in my previous post, there'll be a reason why Gibbs doesn't come to us. It's there already, £12 million is too high a price. For crying out loud, £12 million for an England international in this day and age! What is the matter with this club? What planet are these people living on? It's certainly not the one that the rest of us do. It's now getting to a stage where clubs won't entertain talking to us about deals. We are becoming a laughing stock!

Johnny on the spot 1
18-07-2017, 03:40 PM
As I said in my previous post, there'll be a reason why Gibbs doesn't come to us. It's there already, £12 million is too high a price. For crying out loud, £12 million for an England international in this day and age! What is the matter with this club? What planet are these people living on? It's certainly not the one that the rest of us do. It's now getting to a stage where clubs won't entertain talking to us about deals. We are becoming a laughing stock!

LEICESTER
Becoming when it comes to transfers we are ! With out quality players we're doomed sooner rather than later , that's with or without Mr Pulis ,

talkSAFT
18-07-2017, 03:42 PM
I disagree.
I'm surprised every time Wenger picks him to be honest. He's lightweight for Arsenal, and not good enough for England.
Having said that he's a decent player for mid-Premier, but I think - even at inflationery prices - that he's overpriced at £10m.
Why pay £12m + (I dunno £3m pa?) when you can get a six footer around the circuit for an average LB at half that price.
Overpriced (just because he's an England international)! I honestly don't believe Pulis would be happy at that outlay.

Johnny on the spot 1
18-07-2017, 03:54 PM
I disagree.
I'm surprised every time Wenger picks him to be honest. He's lightweight for Arsenal, and not good enough for England.
Having said that he's a decent player for mid-Premier, but I think - even at inflationery prices - that he's overpriced at £10m.
Why pay £12m + (I dunno £3m pa?) when you can get a six footer around the circuit for an average LB at half that price.
Overpriced (just because he's an England international)! I honestly don't believe Pulis would be happy at that outlay.

Yeah like Charlie Taylor who we wouldn't buy because his fee has to be set by a tribunal but they think the fee will be 5 to 6 million ,

Leicesterbaggie
18-07-2017, 04:22 PM
I disagree.

Let's look at it realistically. As Johnny said, we pulled out of the deal for Taylor because the price was to be set by a tribunal, probably at £5 or 6 million. What price did we expect? No, the problem is that Lai is following the same formula as Peace. Surely we've moved on. We've been in the Premiership for eight consequtive seasons now and we're still looking at 'freebies' and loans. I've always been an optimist as far as Albion are concerned but I am now worried for our top flight status as this 'penny pinching' attitude will eventually catch up with us and we'll end up relegated.

vikingwarriorking
18-07-2017, 06:29 PM
Let's look at it realistically. As Johnny said, we pulled out of the deal for Taylor because the price was to be set by a tribunal, probably at £5 or 6 million. What price did we expect? No, the problem is that Lai is following the same formula as Peace. Surely we've moved on. We've been in the Premiership for eight consequtive seasons now and we're still looking at 'freebies' and loans. I've always been an optimist as far as Albion are concerned but I am now worried for our top flight status as this 'penny pinching' attitude will eventually catch up with us and we'll end up relegated.

Supposedly we have £40million in the kitty- spent about £14million so that is £26million left.
We've needed a LB for several seasons but Taylor & Gibbs "too expensive" at possibly £6-8m or £12m. Does Hammond , Williams & Co not realise that Gibbs will cost more than Taylor? so if Taylor too much , Gibbs is light years away
No idea what planet Board & Hammond are on- you have to pay to play in the Premiership.
Oh that's right we have no plans to stay in the |Premiership- WE just hope to survive...... makes sense now doesn't it?
it is the same every season and one day we'll get caught out with or without TP- we'd just get there quicker if he said "stuff it"
I've bet on it- got 6to1- may as make something out of this regular and on-going shambles

Q165
19-07-2017, 06:25 AM
So, I think, TP says we must have quality signings. Then again we have to feed off scraps. When we are allegedly linked with somebody, something like 'baulk' or 'put off' is reeled off when it comes to talking about cash. I expect nothing of significance to happen. That way I won't be disappointed. Up the Baggies!!

BaggieBlood
19-07-2017, 11:03 AM
I was hoping prices would have settled after last summer but, they are still at least double a player's value, even though the TV deal didn't double in value.

On the contrary Bolasie 25m last season and sjoke's arnoutavic 24m this summer suggest prices have actually trebled.

I can understand us looking for value, and Imo, given jrod and Gibbs' injury records I wouldn't have liked us to pay more than 6m each.

It's sad when for 12m your star buy has such a bad injury record that you fear he's the next anichebe but he cost 9m more.

40m is, unfortunately, naff all these days.