PDA

View Full Version : O/T Tour de France

Q165
17-07-2017, 08:19 PM
Some like it some hate it. That is not the point. I don't know if anyone has seen the treatment of Chris Froome by large sections of presumably mainly Freench crowd. Booing, jeering, abuse and God knows what else. A couple of years ago he had pi55 thrown over him. Disgusting actions. it is not as if he has done anything wrong other than win it of course. I just hope he carries on and sticks it well and truly to our arrogant and unpleasant Gallic cousins

Newcy Wolf
17-07-2017, 08:39 PM
Spot on Q.

Imagine a foreign athlete receiving the same dogs abuse in this country.

The perpetrators would be strung up and nationally shamed.

kettering_baggie
18-07-2017, 02:25 PM
The French rider, Romain Bardot, to his credit, has spoken out against the behaviour of those yobs.

I love Le Tour, one of the highlights of the Summer. Amazing athletes an many ride with quite bad injuries, tough guys indeed.

Q165
18-07-2017, 07:46 PM
The French rider, Romain Bardot, to his credit, has spoken out against the behaviour of those yobs.

I love Le Tour, one of the highlights of the Summer. Amazing athletes an many ride with quite bad injuries, tough guys indeed.

I never miss it either. Looked closely at highlights tonight and spotted more nastiness. Good for Bardet

abbobrom
19-07-2017, 10:02 AM
A fantastic event, not to be missed. The fitness of these cyclists is beyond belief, and some of the speeds they ride at are mind blowing. What a pity some of the French spectators have to behave in such a dreadful manner. Addictive television viewing, and the scenery is simply stunning.