PDA

View Full Version : We're Bottom of the league

oldcolner
18-07-2017, 07:11 AM
According to Sky's list of pre- seasons travels with 648 miles travelled, compared with Arsenals 25000, Man United 16k Chelsea 15k and Everton 14k.

Not sure that's a bad thing as we won't be exposing players to nasty diseases. It's good the big clubs want to come to Burnley for friendlies ;D and see the local attractions.

On the other hand some are getting games against a each other abroad.
The article is to promote games coming up on Sky - already.

Liverpool, Leicester, West Brom and Crystal Palace compete in the Premier League Asia Trophy live on Sky Sports 1, kicking off with Leicester v West Brom on Wednesday from 11am

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11096/10951778/premier-league-clubs-pre-season-friendly-schedule-ranked-for-distance-covered

Have we missed a trick?

Altobelli
18-07-2017, 10:44 AM
I just wasted 3 minutes reading that link Colner, what an utter waste of time for nothing by Sky, par for the course from them though.

Premier League Asia Trophy ? Cannot wait till the season starts and Managers moan at too many games.

sinkov
18-07-2017, 12:09 PM
I just wasted 3 minutes reading that link Colner, what an utter waste of time for nothing by Sky, par for the course from them though.

Premier League Asia Trophy ? Cannot wait till the season starts and Managers moan at too many games.

Aye, they'll be whingeing about the need for a midwinter break soon.

The Bedlington Terrier
18-07-2017, 12:56 PM
Nice friendly knock about in Ireland, see a few mates, get into some serious training and team bonding. Meet and greet the good folks of Ireland, sink the odd Guinness to get the old blood sugar up or beggar of to the Far East to play a load of "high profile" shirt selling exhibition games. Forget the air miles and the jet lag, give me Dublin any day of the week!

Turfmoorspirit
18-07-2017, 04:59 PM
Nice friendly knock about in Ireland, see a few mates, get into some serious training and team bonding. Meet and greet the good folks of Ireland, sink the odd Guinness to get the old blood sugar up or beggar of to the Far East to play a load of "high profile" shirt selling exhibition games. Forget the air miles and the jet lag, give me Dublin any day of the week! Yep ! and look at the money we have saved. :)

The Bedlington Terrier
18-07-2017, 06:59 PM
I'll still bet that training camp does not come cheap TMS?

Turfmoorspirit
18-07-2017, 11:05 PM
I'll still bet that training camp does not come cheap TMS? I am sure it would not be cheap,but it will be more likley we as a prem team would be being paid to be there..;D

The Bedlington Terrier
19-07-2017, 05:42 AM
Makes a lot of sense to go to the Republic when we are fielding half of their national team. Hearts and minds and all of that...:)

oldcolner
19-07-2017, 06:20 AM
Seems the Asia Cup is causing some discomfort as Hong Kong is so hot they are training at night and the tournament is in doubt due to torrential thunderstorms. That's a shame!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4708204/Liverpool-train-night-Hong-Kong.html

oldcolner
19-07-2017, 09:29 PM
Arsenal equalise with last kick and then beat Bayern on penalties but have 5 players with food poisoning. Hope it isn't serious!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4711128/Arsenal-s-squad-hit-food-poisoning-China.html

oldcolner
19-07-2017, 09:36 PM
Liverpool beat Palace 2-0
West Brom draw with Leicester who won 7-6 on penalties using the ABBA system for taking them.

The Bedlington Terrier
20-07-2017, 06:12 AM
Liverpool beat Palace 2-0
West Brom draw with Leicester who won 7-6 on penalties using the ABBA system for taking them.

WTF is the ABBA system oldcolner? :)

oldcolner
20-07-2017, 06:20 AM
WTF is the ABBA system oldcolner? :)

Team A takes the first penalty, team B the next two, then A the next - so the stress is shared.