PDA

View Full Version : Fans Forum 4th August

rodcurrie
18-07-2017, 10:12 AM
In the Platinum suite,300 tickets only.Anyone interested in meetin King Kev this is a must surely.UTCB

JosteinTime
18-07-2017, 10:31 AM
In the Platinum suite,300 tickets only.Anyone interested in meetin King Kev this is a must surely.UTCB

Nice one, Roddimus Prime.

Link here: https://www.sufc.co.uk/news/2017/july/fans-forum/

"Tickets for the event are free of charge, but there is a maximum of 300 available. They must be collected in person from the Sheffield United Ticket Office or over phone at 0114 253 7200, please note that there will be no postal or online applications for this event."

Ayamonteblade
18-07-2017, 10:45 AM
Nice one, Roddimus Prime.

Link here: https://www.sufc.co.uk/news/2017/july/fans-forum/

"Tickets for the event are free of charge, but there is a maximum of 300 available. They must be collected in person from the Sheffield United Ticket Office or over phone at 0114 253 7200, please note that there will be no postal or online applications for this event."

hope somebody can beam back or report back to BMad for all us southerners etc - should be interesting. TT - you going?

rodcurrie
18-07-2017, 12:33 PM
hope somebody can beam back or report back to BMad for all us southerners etc - should be interesting. TT - you going?Behave Monte.:D UTCB

Ayamonteblade
18-07-2017, 12:56 PM
Behave Monte.:D UTCB

O:)

tomytony
18-07-2017, 01:41 PM
hope somebody can beam back or report back to BMad for all us southerners etc - should be interesting. TT - you going?

To listen to someone bask in reflected glory?

To listen to Mr 10% , 1 in 10 right and he'll be there dispensing largesse with a few pints, handshakes and back slaps when he should be fulfilling his promise to get the real money out now we have got to the 2nd division.

No thanks, Aya . Might watch a re-run of the election campaign and work out who's told more lies over the last few years. I think he could be favourite for the MOTM for that. :)

BlockD
18-07-2017, 02:42 PM
I could understand a fans forum,f it was Christopher and Knilly,I just wish our Chairman wouldn't do these forums

tomytony
18-07-2017, 03:16 PM
I could understand a fans forum,f it was Christopher and Knilly,I just wish our Chairman wouldn't do these forums

Self aggrandisement, ego, call it what you will.

He'll be sat there, cardigan on, sipping a pint,trying to crack a couple of funnies, pretending to be one of the lads and expecting an easy ride as he basks in vicarious success.

We know it's a sham, he knows it's a sham. Difference is he doesn't think we know it's a sham and he thinks he's being smart

Another Mister Man comes to the party-Mr Smug the Chairman

rodcurrie
18-07-2017, 03:28 PM
I could understand a fans forum,f it was Christopher and Knilly,I just wish our Chairman wouldn't do these forumsTufty&Knilly wouldn't be here if it weren't for King Kev,i give the fella credit when it's due unlike some.Monte i hope you're happy nar thaz woken the beast in TT.:) UTCB

Ayamonteblade
18-07-2017, 04:00 PM
Tufty&Knilly wouldn't be here if it weren't for King Kev,i give the fella credit when it's due unlike some.Monte i hope you're happy nar thaz woken the beast in TT.:) UTCB

Was just testing the water Rod to see if there had been any thawing over the Summer - clearly not!

BlockD
18-07-2017, 04:13 PM
Was just testing the water Rod to see if there had been any thawing over the Summer - clearly not!

Want me to ask him a question anyone?

Ayamonteblade
18-07-2017, 05:09 PM

I think he's brave to face the fans and he has done so in good and bad times.......there are many other Chairman who you would get nowhere near - which would you prefer?

rodcurrie
18-07-2017, 05:51 PM
Want me to ask him a question anyone?Ask Andrew Birks if remembers sittin in front of me in't library(Fam Stand) I taught him all he knows re;BLADES.UTCB

tomytony
18-07-2017, 05:57 PM

The (limited, to date) success of the present doesn't erode the( continual, never learning from his mistakes) failures of the past.

His stock in trade is hoping that people have the memories of goldfish and, from a limited sample on here, they do.

A decade of success would only just balance the books after a decade of failure. If we have 11 years of progressive success he'll be in the credit column, just.

rodcurrie
18-07-2017, 06:21 PM
The (limited, to date) success of the present doesn't erode the( continual, never learning from his mistakes) failures of the past.

His stock in trade is hoping that people have the memories of goldfish and, from a limited sample on here, they do.

A decade of success would only just balance the books after a decade of failure. If we have 11 years of progressive success he'll be in the credit column, just.Leave it to us TRUE BLADES to support our club TT,cos that's what we do support the club.UTCB

tomytony
18-07-2017, 08:50 PM
Leave it to us TRUE BLADES to support our club TT,cos that's what we do support the club.UTCB

You're my hero Rod.

I support the club. I don't support, approve of,kow tow to or get sucked in by the 10% success rate of an inept, football wise, owner.

Judgement and discretion is being able to spot the difference between the club and the ineptitude of the man who keeps such a tight rein on the purse strings which, unsurprisingly, have not, as yet, been loosened although he did promise he would but, as ever, you'll be blind to his lies.

Each to their own. Never left the happy clapping comfort zone of yours have you.?

Keep at it, one day someone will throw you a fish :)

rodcurrie
19-07-2017, 04:59 AM
You're my hero Rod.

I support the club. I don't support, approve of,kow tow to or get sucked in by the 10% success rate of an inept, football wise, owner.

Judgement and discretion is being able to spot the difference between the club and the ineptitude of the man who keeps such a tight rein on the purse strings which, unsurprisingly, have not, as yet, been loosened although he did promise he would but, as ever, you'll be blind to his lies.

Each to their own. Never left the happy clapping comfort zone of yours have you.?

Keep at it, one day someone will throw you a fish :)Here we go again TT,:D Who d'ya think has kept the club afloat when it's been losin £8million a season? You're entitled to your view and whether you attend or not is down to you and i'm not particuarly bothered whether you go or not,but ido find it amusin when Blockers and one or two more call our residen grunters plastics for not attendin but neglect to say the same to you.:O Just because i refuse to abandon my club when the gin gets rough does not mean i don't see mistakes have been made,all i'll say is it's a good job King Kev didn't follow you in not puttin money into the club.I spose we have differin views on what supportin our club entails eh? As i said leave it to the TRUE BLADES mi owd pal. UTCB

Carpe_diem
19-07-2017, 06:56 AM
Here we go again TT,:D Who d'ya think has kept the club afloat when it's been losin £8million a season? You're entitled to your view and whether you attend or not is down to you and i'm not particuarly bothered whether you go or not,but ido find it amusin when Blockers and one or two more call our residen grunters plastics for not attendin but neglect to say the same to you.:O Just because i refuse to abandon my club when the gin gets rough does not mean i don't see mistakes have been made,all i'll say is it's a good job King Kev didn't follow you in not puttin money into the club.I spose we have differin views on what supportin our club entails eh? As i said leave it to the TRUE BLADES mi owd pal. UTCB

Why do you think we've been losing £8m a season? It's not my fault, or your fault is it? The blame has to lie with the person who got us into the mess in the first place - McCabe. How he has the cheek to come out and bask in the reflected glory that should be all Wilder's, Knill's and the team's is staggering.

I've been to one of these fan forums before and he sat there and he lied, openly, and to my face. If I wanted a property developer, he'd be my go to guy, but in terms of football I wouldn't trust him to run a Sunday league outfit.

tomytony
19-07-2017, 07:09 AM
Here we go again TT,:D Who d'ya think has kept the club afloat when it's been losin £8million a season? You're entitled to your view and whether you attend or not is down to you and i'm not particuarly bothered whether you go or not,but ido find it amusin when Blockers and one or two more call our residen grunters plastics for not attendin but neglect to say the same to you.:O Just because i refuse to abandon my club when the gin gets rough does not mean i don't see mistakes have been made,all i'll say is it's a good job King Kev didn't follow you in not puttin money into the club.I spose we have differin views on what supportin our club entails eh? As i said leave it to the TRUE BLADES mi owd pal. UTCB

The TRUE Blades card being played yet again eh Rod.

I suppose that, like before, is just a bit of banter, the way the pigs come on here, slag all and sundry off and call it banter.

If we're comparing who get's called what for different standards then you're right in the frame with the TB comments.

Like a drowning man who falls in the water because he was messing about McC kept the Blades afloat, in your opinion, because he messed about with something he knows noat about, football.

So far he's still got 1 year right in the last 10 or 11 aand you laud him as the Messiah when, for many, he's tthe devil incarnate.

bulmer1889
19-07-2017, 08:53 AM
Onwards and upwards

Ayamonteblade
19-07-2017, 09:44 AM
Onwards and upwards

17 days to go - can't wait to see how this season pans out

rodcurrie
19-07-2017, 11:13 AM
Onwards and upwardsThank goodness we had such a wonderful season last time Bully.In Tufty we trust and for gettin Tufty here we have King Kev to thank,whether certain posters like it or not that's a FACTAMUNDO. UTCB

tomytony
19-07-2017, 11:52 AM
Thank goodness we had such a wonderful season last time Bully.In Tufty we trust and for gettin Tufty here we have King Kev to thank,whether certain posters like it or not that's a FACTAMUNDO. UTCB

just to balance that we have the same man to blame for the previous 9 failures. FACTA f''in MUNDO

Strange how some want to sweep that under the carpet, ignore it,pretend it didn't happen, bury their heads in the sand. Ostriches but at least not fowls

Carpe_diem
19-07-2017, 12:00 PM
To be fair, if someone thinks McCabe is the best thing since sliced beer that's up to them. I think they're wrong, but they're entitled to their own opinion.

What does annoy me is when people try to make out as though the ones who see through McCabes lies and spin are the mistaken ones. Like you said, TT, McCabe has a long way to go before he even breaks even in terms of credit, never mind starts deserving praise.

rodcurrie
19-07-2017, 12:01 PM
just to balance that we have the same man to blame for the previous 9 failures. FACTA f''in MUNDO

Strange how some want to sweep that under the carpet, ignore it,pretend it didn't happen, bury their heads in the sand. Ostriches but at least not fowlsDo you accept that without king Kev, Tufty would be Charltons manager not ours TT? I certainly aint forgot the previous 9 years,i was at BDBL to see most of the games,that's why i prefer to enjoy our magnificent season last time out,but as always each to their own owd lad eh? UTCB

Carpe_diem
19-07-2017, 12:14 PM
Do you accept that without king Kev, Tufty would be Charltons manager not ours TT? I certainly aint forgot the previous 9 years,i was at BDBL to see most of the games,that's why i prefer to enjoy our magnificent season last time out,but as always each to their own owd lad eh? UTCB

You can't possibly say. If we had a different chairman the fact would still remain that this is Tufty's dream job.

tomytony
19-07-2017, 12:16 PM
Do you accept that without king Kev, Tufty would be Charltons manager not ours TT? I certainly aint forgot the previous 9 years,i was at BDBL to see most of the games,that's why i prefer to enjoy our magnificent season last time out,but as always each to their own owd lad eh? UTCB

He may well have been Rod but, to be honest, there's plenty of examples of why not to trust what McC says so I take that with a pinch of salt ( also helps stave off Beattie flu).

The moderate success, 1 step after 10 years, is obviously to be enjoyed and I do and am delighted for SUFC the fans, Tufty and players.For McC it's one rung up the ladder that he so spectacularly and consistently fell off and it's no one's fault that he did but his own.
I know we will differ for ever on this one but the best way I can put it is that CW's achievements with the club are in spite of, not because, of McC

rodcurrie
19-07-2017, 12:18 PM
You can't possibly say. If we had a different chairman the fact would still remain that this is Tufty's dream job.Of course ya can say it,it's a FACT.Tufty was talkin to Charlton,King Kev went and signed
him for us at BDBL.Who's said King Kev's the best thing since sliced Beer?(post 24,whatever that is)UTCB

Carpe_diem
19-07-2017, 12:21 PM
You can't. Another chairman might have brought him in. Coming to his boyhood club - that's more of a swing than working for he who speak with forked tongue.

rodcurrie
19-07-2017, 04:29 PM
You can't. Another chairman might have brought him in. Coming to his boyhood club - that's more of a swing than working for he who speak with forked tongue.King Kev's takin a poundin on S2 for sayin if a big dog(club) comes in for such as Brooksy it's very difficult to stop it happenin,so he tells the truth and they're still slammin him.Carped iem we have joint owners but it was King Kev who insisted on gettin Tufty,hence why i say if it wasn't for him Tufty would've been at the Valley,i realise you don't like our joint owner and goodness knows he's made plenty of mistakes but for goodness sake he deserves credit for this appointment.UTCB

Carpe_diem
19-07-2017, 07:29 PM
As I said elsewhere it's just stupid saying that. Looks like desperation. How can we play hardball and get the maximum amount of cash for young Brooks when McCabe is flying the red flag already?

The Prince has the good sense to keep his gob shut most of the time.

And we'll have to disagree about whether Tufty would be here if we had a different chairman. I maintain its impossible to say. Another chairman might have gone for him earlier. You just don't know.

rodcurrie
19-07-2017, 07:40 PM
As I said elsewhere it's just stupid saying that. Looks like desperation. How can we play hardball and get the maximum amount of cash for young Brooks when McCabe is flying the red flag already?

The Prince has the good sense to keep his gob shut most of the time.

And we'll have to disagree about whether Tufty would be here if we had a different chairman. I maintain its impossible to say. Another chairman might have gone for him earlier. You just don't know.Ya see this is where i disagree wi such as you and TT,i just think if we are goin to be critical when someone does summat wrong(king kev has done wrong plenty of times,obvs)then i think when the same fella gets summat r8 he should be praised and make no mistake he did summat wonderful appointin Tufty,but as ya say we'll have to agree to disagree mi owd pal.UTCB

FatherKnowsBest
19-07-2017, 07:50 PM
As I said elsewhere it's just stupid saying that.

Its just a fact, and theres no arguing it. Everyone knows its coming. Just when and how much.

Carpe_diem
19-07-2017, 07:58 PM
So say I'm going to sell my car. Do I advertise it straight off at the absolute minimum I'd take for it? Do I balls. For a successful businessman he's got no apparent savvy whatsoever

Chips1889
20-07-2017, 09:26 AM
So say I'm going to sell my car. Do I advertise it straight off at the absolute minimum I'd take for it? Do I balls. For a successful businessman he's got no apparent savvy whatsoever

He did sue WHU for £20m + costs when many thought he'd no chance.

Carpe_diem
20-07-2017, 10:04 AM
He did sue WHU for £20m + costs when many thought he'd no chance.

Great. That really helped the football club, didn't it.

bulmer1889
20-07-2017, 10:05 AM
I bat for other team on this one he should have kept his gob shut regarding brooks was no need for him to say owt leave it to chris he's much better at picking his way through the media minefield my m8 hopefully picked some tickets up for this if he has I'll be tackling him on keeping it shut,it sounds to everyone like a come and get him statement,wasn't necessary not needed we don't need to hear from him other than he's an exciting talent an we're looking forward to seeing him in our shirt,we don't want to sell

tomytony
20-07-2017, 10:16 AM
I bat for other team on this one he should have kept his gob shut regarding brooks was no need for him to say owt leave it to chris he's much better at picking his way through the media minefield my m8 hopefully picked some tickets up for this if he has I'll be tackling him on keeping it shut,it sounds to everyone like a come and get him statement,wasn't necessary not needed we don't need to hear from him other than he's an exciting talent an we're looking forward to seeing him in our shirt,we don't want to sell

Good points Bully and all MCC has done by opening his mouth and saying the wrong thing is prove what we all know, for him or against him, he's inept and not fit for purpose in all football matters. Once again his lack of discretion hoists the "For Sale" sign above the head of a promising talent.

Not good for the club, not good for the lad, not good for CW to have to deal with but the'look at me, reasonable man of the people' chairman will have satisfied the most important thing, his ego.

When we were in or near the PL he would have attended the opening of a fridge door to get in the limelight, now we've had a bit of relative success, guess what, the profile rises again.

Carpe_diem
20-07-2017, 10:28 AM
Agree totally with both Bully and TT there.

rodcurrie
20-07-2017, 10:47 AM
Good points Bully and all MCC has done by opening his mouth and saying the wrong thing is prove what we all know, for him or against him, he's inept and not fit for purpose in all football matters. Once again his lack of discretion hoists the "For Sale" sign above the head of a promising talent.

Not good for the club, not good for the lad, not good for CW to have to deal with but the'look at me, reasonable man of the people' chairman will have satisfied the most important thing, his ego.

When we were in or near the PL he would have attended the opening of a fridge door to get in the limelight, now we've had a bit of relative success, guess what, the profile rises again.When we were on or near the PL you were attendin BDBL regularly weren't ya TT? Seems a little off slammin King Kev at least he still attended in the "pub league"years dint he? Bully you make good points mi owd pal and i agree Tufty and the staff should be left to deal wi such things as Brooksy but you know and i know if he the owner had kept quiet and then Brooksy's sold he would get slaughtered by the usual suspects,anyway i'm off out wi the luv of my life Our Gertie,see ya'll laters BLADES.UTCB

Carpe_diem
20-07-2017, 11:06 AM
But it's all about the negotiation, Rod. No one realistically thinks that we can keep Brooks for the long term - that, sadly, is the way of the world. But by coming out and being so negative from the outset, it shows others teams that we're happy to sell him and encourages them to make a derisory bid, which will probably be accepted because 'we can't stand in his way'.

Chips1889
20-07-2017, 11:26 AM
Great. That really helped the football club, didn't it.

Mr McCabe could have just accepted the relegation without a fight but that not his way, nor mine to be honest.
It's obvious to me you don't read the annual accounts.....the money (in stages) helped finance the club.
Without it we could have gone under mate......loans were taken out against the stage payments.

Carpe_diem
20-07-2017, 11:36 AM
And why was the club in financial disarray? Who funded the signings that Robson made, after relegation - with money that might have kept us up the year before (West Ham's cheating wasn't the sole reason for our relegation).

I'm not going to doff my cap to a man who made his own financial bed - and that of the club - due in part to his own poor decisions, and who then had to sue another football club in order to make sure that he didn't have to shovel more of his own money in. What have we got to show for it? We sell off our best players as soon as any club higher placed than us comes in for them, without so much as a whimper. We don't own our ground, or our academy. We've just spent SIX YEARS in the third tier. If we'd been in financial dire straits, it might have made McCabe swallow his pride sooner and sell the club to someone else - someone who might have a bit more ambition, a bit more savvy and a bit more of a chance of making things right. As it is, we've been on a downward spiral since we were relegated (until last season - where let's be honest, it was completely down to Tufty and Knilly, not McCabe), and £20m that 'kept the club afloat' doesn't change that.

tomytony
20-07-2017, 01:29 PM
When we were on or near the PL you were attendin BDBL regularly weren't ya TT? Seems a little off slammin King Kev at least he still attended in the "pub league"years dint he? Bully you make good points mi owd pal and i agree Tufty and the staff should be left to deal wi such things as Brooksy but you know and i know if he the owner had kept quiet and then Brooksy's sold he would get slaughtered by the usual suspects,anyway i'm off out wi the luv of my life Our Gertie,see ya'll laters BLADES.UTCB

True CD, I was a regular for a long time before that too.

I decided enough was enough when his ineptitude got us to the 3rd division.

I said I would not cross the threshhold while ever he was still in charge and I have kept to that. I still back the team, want them to succeed, am a very proud Blade and there aren't many who know me that don't soon get to know that I'm a Blade. I know I don't fit into Rod's definition of a TRUE BLADE and there are plenty who decry me for what I chose to do.

It's become a matter of principle for me and I am continually astounded by how bad he is at anything to do with football matters.
He is obviously a very successful business man but I can only surmise that he surrounded himself with some very good people to help him succceed because, in his dealings for SUFC, on the footnall front, he's an unmitigated disaster.

I have grown away from my love of football and miss it less and less, whilst I follow closely on match days and through this forum and like a little bit of discussion and debate with the odd criticism of the man I hold responsible for allowing me to have more holidays, more time with friends without consulting the fixture list and arranging holidays around international weeks ( when they used to affect us :) )

He's the root cause of my initial disillusion and, as everyone on here knows,I do give him the stick he deserves for that. I'd hate not to fulfil the expectations of fellow posters. :) :) :)

BTW he attended through the decline, when his tax planning allowed him, because he couldn't sell the club probably because he was pricing it too high, probably because he insisted on a job for his boy and , probably, because he was getting afew bob out of us from loans etc etc.

rodcurrie
21-07-2017, 04:19 AM
True CD, I was a regular for a long time before that too.

I decided enough was enough when his ineptitude got us to the 3rd division.

I said I would not cross the threshhold while ever he was still in charge and I have kept to that. I still back the team, want them to succeed, am a very proud Blade and there aren't many who know me that don't soon get to know that I'm a Blade. I know I don't fit into Rod's definition of a TRUE BLADE and there are plenty who decry me for what I chose to do.

It's become a matter of principle for me and I am continually astounded by how bad he is at anything to do with football matters.
He is obviously a very successful business man but I can only surmise that he surrounded himself with some very good people to help him succceed because, in his dealings for SUFC, on the footnall front, he's an unmitigated disaster.

I have grown away from my love of football and miss it less and less, whilst I follow closely on match days and through this forum and like a little bit of discussion and debate with the odd criticism of the man I hold responsible for allowing me to have more holidays, more time with friends without consulting the fixture list and arranging holidays around international weeks ( when they used to affect us :) )

He's the root cause of my initial disillusion and, as everyone on here knows,I do give him the stick he deserves for that. I'd hate not to fulfil the expectations of fellow posters. :) :) :)

BTW he attended through the decline, when his tax planning allowed him, because he couldn't sell the club probably because he was pricing it too high, probably because he insisted on a job for his boy and , probably, because he was getting afew bob out of us from loans etc etc.No matter how tha tries to dress it up TT,King Kev has kept supportin the BLADES,you haven't and that's a FACTAMUNDO.You once said on here that everythin that's gone wrong in the last 10 years at BDBL is all darn to King Kev but refuse to give him credit when things take an upturn,sez it all abart your attitude in my view.Roll on 2weeks on Satdi,but until then we'll have to mek do wi a couple of friendlies.UTCB

tomytony
21-07-2017, 10:01 AM
No matter how tha tries to dress it up TT,King Kev has kept supportin the BLADES,you haven't and that's a FACTAMUNDO.You once said on here that everythin that's gone wrong in the last 10 years at BDBL is all darn to King Kev but refuse to give him credit when things take an upturn,sez it all abart your attitude in my view.Roll on 2weeks on Satdi,but until then we'll have to mek do wi a couple of friendlies.UTCB

Factamundo my *rse.

Which bit of ". I still back the team, want them to succeed, am a very proud Blade" do you find difficult to comprehend.

Of course, your definition of support revoves around your self appointed TRUE BLADE status which seems to mean you have to attend every home game, every training kick about and every junior game as well as know the birthday of the tea ladies wifes son's offspring.

As chairman or owner or whatever the buck stops with him, not the ppoor exec's, poor managers or poor staff HE employed. That is a fact so, logically, he is to blame. As a football club's raison d'etre is to play football and progress up the league ladder then the last decade has been one of failure, fact.

The fact that he's still there is because he couldn't sell ( even you must admit he's attempted to sell the club) so yes, he's (had to) stick with the club. His decisions caused the financial problems he's had to shore up or were you ant any other TB involved in that too?

You deify him for appointing CW saying he 'chased him, snatched him away from Charlton' but never answered a question posed to you before namely "do you think the other 10 just popped in, sat at the manager's desk and started work?"

Of course they didn't, he appointed them as well so fact, he was involved in all, not just CW.There was no greater, more fervent pursuit of CW than there was of Nobson et al- and we all know when the rot started and who was responsible for it.

10% success rate at the most important aspect of your job would not be tolerated in the corporate world. He owns the club, he couldn't get rid of it ergo, fact, he had to support it.

Good on him for that, he could have walked away but that would have cost him so, maybe, just maybe, his 'supportin the BLADES' was more to do with Hobson's choice.

My 'attutude' is influenced by logic as exemplified above.

Your blind faith and refusal to accept those clear facts also says a fair bit about you Rod.

Easily satisfied or highly critical?

Each to their own but, because I have not spent a penny crossing the threshhold of BDBL in the last decade does not make me a lesser Blade, it does leave me unlikely to comment on individual players, unless I've watched a stream, it does not qualify me to make match comments but it does allow me to comment on the club and other related matters.

It does not worry me that you do not recognise or value my support but there's many that don't or can't go fo many, many reasons that will not appreciate your criticism for not attending.

But then again, how many qualify for your TRUE BLADE status?

I think you know that very well and don't want anyone else to share your pedestal.

Carpe_diem
21-07-2017, 10:38 AM
Absolutely spot on in every way, TT.

Ayamonteblade
04-08-2017, 06:00 PM
Anyone going tonight? Was down to go but can't make it now. Can someone do an update if they do go. Would like questions on,

Brookes - we need to give him a new contract and value him at £10 million plus, the same as Lookman from Charlton to Everton as this has set a benchmark. If we have to sell him can Mr Martin Chairman of Southend do the negotiations on our behalf.
SAG - Good progress made in increasing seats in ground but we will still have around 1200 tomorrow for segregation purposes, what needs to be done to lower this figure.
Off the Field - On the field vast improvement off it a shambles. Contractors giving poor service, Catering, IT upgrades potential for a large number of fans having ticketing problems tomorrow, Adidas failing to deliver Away shirt and problems with stock for home Shirt. Communication is last minute with unclear messages e.g. Clear as Mud as to who should get a new season ticket card and why do additional security measures have to be announced at the last minute? Who is responsible for off the field activity and are the Club content with the shoddy service and loss of revenue caused by this continual poor performance.

Could go on was going to ask the off the field question but got to go out now. Look forward to updates from those attending.

Think BD said he was going - although might be too late for him to read this as prob already there - SUFC have just posted piccies on Facebook.

FatherKnowsBest
04-08-2017, 06:30 PM
Think BD said he was going - although might be too late for him to read this as prob already there - SUFC have just posted piccies on Facebook.

Thought Twitterblades might be doing a commentary as they have in previous years, but it appears not.

Ayamonteblade
04-08-2017, 06:52 PM
Thought Twitterblades might be doing a commentary as they have in previous years, but it appears not.

somebody'll turn up eventually.........reckon Rod might have gone too if he's got his ironing done

bulmer1889
04-08-2017, 09:33 PM
You sure you didn't go LST pretty much all those questions were asked and answered in a fashion tonight was more PR than owt else I dint expect to learn much and I didn't

FatherKnowsBest
05-08-2017, 05:30 AM
Not learned much from the official twitter feed, but then we never really learn much from these anyway. I do appreciate the fact that they make the effort to keep coming out to show their faces and give us the same answer as last time though. It would be easier not to.

As LST says, from here on, its what happens on the pitch that really matters.

Chips1889
05-08-2017, 08:05 AM
If Mr McCabe stops doing these then he will be heavily abused on here for not showing his face.
Perhaps a joint meeting with CW would be better?

UTCB

rodcurrie
05-08-2017, 08:09 AM
If Mr McCabe stops doing these then he will be heavily abused on here for not showing his face.
Perhaps a joint meeting with CW would be better?

UTCB Damned if he does,Damned if he dunt,i fell sorry for King Kev. UTCB

Chips1889
05-08-2017, 08:17 AM
Damned if he does,Damned if he dunt,i fell sorry for King Kev. UTCB

Rod, someone on here accused him of basking in the glory.....well I basked in the glory that was and is SUFC and all Blades should be allowed to do the same and that included Mr McCabe.

blades58
05-08-2017, 08:18 AM
Were there any pertinent questions asked?

Lack of reporting from last night, almost seems like it didn't happen

rodcurrie
05-08-2017, 08:21 AM

Lack of reporting from last night, almost seems like it didn't happenBully's post(52) pretty much tells the story of the night by the looks of it 58.UTCB

BlockD
05-08-2017, 08:26 AM

Lack of reporting from last night, almost seems like it didn't happen

Some discussion about. Why there hasn't been a DVD of last season

blades58
05-08-2017, 08:28 AM
Bully's post(52) pretty much tells the story of the night by the looks of it 58.UTCB

yeah read that rod along with LST's post, but there are no answers from the board posted regarding those questions

rodcurrie
05-08-2017, 08:31 AM
Some discussion about. Why there hasn't been a DVD of last seasonHow long did it last Blockmod? Did anyone kick off against King Kev? UTCB

BlockD
05-08-2017, 08:40 AM
How long did it last Blockmod? Did anyone kick off against King Kev? UTCB

Around an hour,not really the closest I thought was when somebody mentioned the 4 new VPs and there being no Laver family involvement no more,somebody also made the suggestion that loyalty points should be reset to zero every couple of seasons

BlockD
05-08-2017, 09:23 AM
Seems like it was a lot shorter than last year when it went on for nearly two hours mind you it was April and KM was doing a big sell for season tickets. Understand the Brookes question was asked the questioner valuing him at £10 million was the answer to skillfully avoid it and talk about players and agents having the real power?

I will let someone else answer that,because I heard something about Brooks,but just at that time on SSN a report came on about the Test match,so I was paying attention to that rather than listening to our Chairman

I do have a Brooks exclusive though,he was in the Copthorne last night having a coffee with Ched and 2 other blokes

blades58
05-08-2017, 09:29 AM
I will let someone else answer that,because I heard something about Brooks,but just at that time on SSN a report came on about the Test match,so I was paying attention to that rather than listening to our Chairman

I do have a Brooks exclusive though,he was in the Copthorne last night having a coffee with Ched and 2 other blokes

Is there any effort from the board to get Brooks to sign an improved and longer contract?

Whilst we all know that won't stop the big boys from calling, it may offer some protection against derisory offers?

bulmer1889
05-08-2017, 10:21 AM
He said what you all expected him to say that we want to keep him like we do all our good players but if an offer comes in that's too good to refuse or the player has his head turned etc etc

Like I said earlier I dint expect to learn owt new and I dint there were no revelations any question that you wanted asking imagine the reply and you're 99% there

The only thing new was they are looking at holding 4 big events in the next yr in the same vein as kell Brooks fight be it boxing or music or similar to increase revenue

Would it help if I said you dint miss owt

GuancheBlade
05-08-2017, 05:33 PM
He said what you all expected him to say that we want to keep him like we do all our good players but if an offer comes in that's too good to refuse or the player has his head turned etc etc

Really gets my back up this same old excuse from Kevin... if a player has his head turn then it's an illegal approach from another club. Simple as that. All valid offers are supposed to come through the club, not negotiated between player and buying club.