PDA

View Full Version : Advertising Standards Authority

Altobelli
18-07-2017, 12:50 PM
Shaking their stick again IMO for no reason.

Guy Parker saying its O.K. for an add to depict a man doing DIY or a women shopping but..... . . . . ads that go beyond that showing its the women's role to tidy up the home after its been trashed by others in the family, he's worried about that depiction FFS, similarly he's worried about men being mocked about straight forward household chores or parental task's just because they are a man.

Nanette Newman the actress who did many ads thinks it's over the top.

Peter Lloyd Author and journalist says the ASA's primary role is to ensure advertisers are not misleading their viewers and they should not be making judgements about gender stereo types that they randomly decide that they don't like as its nothing to do with them.

I honestly think all this PC nonsense is going too far by these meaningless organisations who believe they are superior to us mere mortals.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/07/17/adverts-depicting-gender-stereotypes-banned-2018/

Supersub6
18-07-2017, 01:44 PM
I'm with you alto. I am convinced that some people are just short of something to worry about.
This chap was interviewed on breakfast TV this morning and both my wife and I looked at each other and said "What was all that about?" --the mind boggles!
Never mind, as long as everything is PC, the country can meander along disappearing deeper into the mire by the day.

The Bedlington Terrier
18-07-2017, 02:16 PM
I spend more time giving my head a wobble these days than actually functioning. Just how many egg shells do we need to walk on before we stop bothering doing anything at all?

I held a store door open in Bolton for a young lady to nip through on Saturday and got dog's abuse. :s

Not bothering again - ever!

Deadlydave
18-07-2017, 03:23 PM
This is now the crazy world we live in; where being male is problematic to say the least. All this social engineer is just over the top interference in the real world. Do women NOT do any washing up, laundry etc. If you share roles at home for chores then yes they do, but to depict it is somehow anti feminist? They need to get a proper job.

oldcolner
19-07-2017, 11:03 AM
This is now the crazy world we live in; where being male is problematic to say the least. All this social engineer is just over the top interference in the real world. Do women NOT do any washing up, laundry etc. If you share roles at home for chores then yes they do, but to depict it is somehow anti feminist? They need to get a proper job.

In future in this brave new world men must have half the babies and breastfeed them.
To avoid cars being designed for men 50% of adverts for cars must feature women drivers or Grayson Perry!
Men must luxuriate in Oil of Ulay, spray Chanel number 5 and promote tampons.
Women must promote shaving cream, baldness cures, and condoms.

As many say, we are entering the realms of the absurd and people are getting big money to adjudicate on political correctness. Oh for the good old days.