PDA

View Full Version : who do you think will go down this season?

pass_and_move
18-07-2017, 01:33 PM
My bet is millwall, burton and ipswich.

Millwall were very average last season, credit for their cup run but league 1 was short on quality last season and i think they'll be found out in this division

Burton achieved miracles last season really, credit to them for that. Nigel clough is a very level headed manager but there were shades of them losing that ***** home form toward the end of last season. They need to pick up at least 35 points at home because away from home they can't expect too much, it's probably a bridge too far.

Ipswich may sound a little far fetched but i saw signs in a few games last season of their players not giving it everything for their manager. Macca has probably been there too long and is getting less and less to spend. It wouldn't surprise me if it was their time.

i also think in contention for relegation will be us, forest, blunts, bolton, qpr and preston. Who knows what's in store for us really? I reckon those 3 i chose will be weaker than us, well I'm hoping so.

thoughts chaps?

DragonTyke
18-07-2017, 01:40 PM
Us

animallittle3
18-07-2017, 01:41 PM
Burton , Millwall , Bolton , we will escape by the skin of our teeth by buying some experience in January .

pass_and_move
18-07-2017, 01:43 PM
Us

Any reason?

Ponte_Steve24
18-07-2017, 01:46 PM
I think we'll stay up easily. I think we've bought well. There are definitely three worst teams than us in the division and home form will be key. I'd say Bolton, Burton and Millwall for the drop. No real reasoning other than it's rare all three promoted teams get relegated the following season.

I agree with Pass Burton may have second season syndrome. It could be argued that way about us too. However, we've turned over a full squad since last season where as Burton still have the same ageing cloggers ;D

You couldn't accuse us of stagnating on the playing front. As for Bolton and Millwall they haven't set the world alight in their recruitment thus far.

conditionred
18-07-2017, 01:50 PM
3 from burton bolton barnsley millwall.I cant see us winning 9 away games this season so our home form is *****.

Ponte_Steve24
18-07-2017, 02:18 PM
Can't see a struggle myself. I think the end of last season might do us a favour in that respect. The intensity and drive will be there from that start of the season. Half the battle is application. If we set up right we will cause teams problems. A few more additions and less worrying about the opposition and more discipline less caution we'll be fine.

SBRed48
18-07-2017, 03:43 PM
Millwall, Burton and Preston.

Now that I've released that all bets have been suspended by all bookmakers.

red syy
18-07-2017, 04:03 PM
Coasted over line last season can't see it happening this season. Squeaky bottom time this season!!!!!!

yorkshireborn
18-07-2017, 04:06 PM
bottom Burton us then millwall.

redsarebest
18-07-2017, 04:41 PM
bottom Burton us then millwall.

I love all the positivity, I for one do not believe that we will struggle and if I were to guess the bottom three i would say Burton, sheff utd. and millwall, notts forest may struggle as well

DOOALI
18-07-2017, 05:24 PM
Burton Millwall blunts Tarn just escape above these 3

GUNTERYY36
18-07-2017, 05:54 PM
Looking forward to beating Donny 2018-2019.

conditionred
18-07-2017, 06:04 PM
I love all the positivity, I for one do not believe that we will struggle and if I were to guess the bottom three i would say Burton, sheff utd. and millwall, notts forest may struggle as well

Somebody asked who do you think will go down this season.People are giving their answers.

Romared
18-07-2017, 08:15 PM
Millwall, Ipswich , Bolton , top ten finish for us !! Above Fowls, Blunts, Weeds , ;D

Acido
18-07-2017, 10:21 PM
Who do you think will go down this season ?

Unfortunately Pass, I think we will or we will be in a right struggle at least. But don't read too much into that as I thought it this time last year as well, and I love it when this team proves me wrong lol.

You might be right about Mick Mac & Ipswich, I think a lot of their fans had had enough of him last season. And we will see them early doors of course when they visit Oakwell.
And if we're looking for anymore surprise strugglers, maybe Sheff Wensday's luck will finally run out after two play off disappointments!.

Jules88
18-07-2017, 11:22 PM
We will start slow, then peak at the end of October.
We will finish 8-10th. .
We will need a new keeper in January, and Luke Steele will return.
Hammil will be sold in September.

Burton, Ipswich and Preston....., or Bolton. Or Brentford.

We have better players than we finished with the last half of the season. I am certain what I've seen tonight will, by Christmas be nearly safe.

It's going to start again is this ride.!

Ponte_Steve24
19-07-2017, 05:17 AM
Agree Jules. I hope Hammill stays though.

upthecolliers
19-07-2017, 06:21 AM
Barnsley, Burton and Bolton.

Jules88
19-07-2017, 09:46 AM
Agree Jules. I hope Hammill stays though.
Every attack he was involved in last night seemed to break down with him falling over. Either his legs or the ball. Sorry Adam, I think League One's beckoning in January.

Gwynn Thomas vs stum
19-07-2017, 09:50 AM
Not us, we'll finish top of the bottom half of the table.
Burton, millwall and sheff utd

Ponte_Steve24
19-07-2017, 10:05 AM
What about Sunderland? They were a p1ss poor Premiership team. They haven't really added reinforcements. I might have a sneaky bet on them going down again.

6ozDave
19-07-2017, 08:53 PM
Discipline and focus will be key for our young team. We need a strong central defensive midfielder. Love it to be Sessi but can't see it just yet.
We'll struggle early but will kick on and finish mid table.
Millwall, Burton and a surprising struggler for me.
IMHO

pass_and_move
19-07-2017, 09:41 PM
What about Sunderland? They were a p1ss poor Premiership team. They haven't really added reinforcements. I might have a sneaky bet on them going down again.

12/1 for Sunderland to be relegated mate. Pretty shyte odds really

red_card4zip
31-12-2017, 05:35 PM
12/1 for Sunderland to be relegated mate. Pretty shyte odds really

Can I have 12's nah? Ta.

DOOALI
31-12-2017, 09:10 PM
The 3 teams that deserves to be relegated are we one of them?

Romared
31-12-2017, 09:15 PM
No there must be 3 worse than us , Brum for one , am struggling nar tho :s

DOOALI
01-01-2018, 12:56 AM
If something major doesn't happen in January Roma we will be one of the relagated sides without a shadow

Acido
01-01-2018, 01:00 AM
Barnsley and err .... can I pick us to go down three times this season ?. :O
(because it is going to happen under the messiatyke this season isnt it).