PDA

View Full Version : Wetherspoons..?

The Bedlington Terrier
18-07-2017, 07:02 PM
A bit off topic I know but any of the pubs in the Wetherspoons chain does represent proper value for money IMHO...

Your thoughts please?:O

outwoodclaret
18-07-2017, 07:05 PM
A bit off topic I know but any of the pubs in the Wetherspoons chain does represent proper value for money IMHO...

Your thoughts please?:O

I think we should hold an AGM in a Wetherspoons.

bfcjon
18-07-2017, 07:10 PM
I think we should hold an AGM in a Wetherspoons.

Maybe even a Transfer ? !!!!...

The Bedlington Terrier
18-07-2017, 07:14 PM
Just had an early dinner with the wife at Wetherspoons in Darwen, 2 x cracking starters, 2 x cracking main courses and 3 pints for less than £30.00!

Unbelievable Jeff! :O

sinkov
18-07-2017, 08:18 PM
Some people swear by them, but the last time I had breakfast in one in Edinburgh the black pudding looked like an ice hockey puck, and was about as eatable, if I'd thrown it at the window I could have caused some serious damage. Overall I'd have said it was average to poor, the missus who doesn't often use bad language said it was ****e, and won't go in one again. To be fair, it was cheap.

Primitive
18-07-2017, 09:05 PM
Some of them do some really good real ales at good prices. The food is reasonable for the price.

Turfmoorspirit
18-07-2017, 11:18 PM
Just had an early dinner with the wife at Wetherspoons in Darwen, 2 x cracking starters, 2 x cracking main courses and 3 pints for less than £30.00!

Unbelievable Jeff! :O Darwen ! lol My daughter lives there, her fella owns a night club called Sky's bar.

The Bedlington Terrier
19-07-2017, 05:33 AM
Because we live on the northern side of Bolton, Darwen is quite close and the Spoons is located in The Old Chapel which is a belter of a building.

Agree with you on the Black Puddings sinkov, I had the full English in Stockton Spoons a couple of weeks ago, the "two pucks" were laughable! :D

sinkov
19-07-2017, 08:05 AM
Agree with you on the Black Puddings sinkov, I had the full English in Stockton Spoons a couple of weeks ago, the "two pucks" were laughable! :D

It's a shame BT, I'm quite partial to a reasonably priced full English and we did have a decent one in Southampton a couple of years ago, but the missus doesn't give second chances, not when there are so many other options anyway, so no more Wetherspoons for me.

The Bedlington Terrier
19-07-2017, 10:14 AM
Fair enough sinkov but I rather like Spoons...