PDA

View Full Version : Brooks

Twirlo70
18-07-2017, 08:56 PM
a reight player. hope to god he stays around for a few year. so much like ryan giggs at the same age. hope he stays fit and grounded.mind you he,ll be gone soon. ffs.

blades58
18-07-2017, 09:05 PM
Could be that our first £10m sale is just around the corner :(

sharrowboy2
18-07-2017, 09:08 PM
a reight player. hope to god he stays around for a few year. so much like ryan giggs at the same age. hope he stays fit and grounded.mind you he,ll be gone soon. ffs.

He's a very good player, and as good as gone. Give him a season with you, at best.

CHIPBUTTYBLADE
18-07-2017, 09:12 PM
Reminds me of George Best and Twaddle.

Wingy Blade
18-07-2017, 09:16 PM
He changed the game. Need to keep him if at all possible, demanded the ball all the time and was direct with an end product. Best prospect for a good while

BlockD
18-07-2017, 09:21 PM
A Star is born

RavBlade
18-07-2017, 09:27 PM
]He's a very good player[/B], and as good as gone. Give him a season with you, at best.

And you know this how? Mytsic fvckin meg are ya?

bulmer1889
18-07-2017, 10:43 PM
Some goal from young brooksy mind you jacks wasn't bad either

https://mobile.twitter.com/BlademarkSUFC/status/887433794898231299/video/1

rodcurrie
19-07-2017, 05:16 AM

https://mobile.twitter.com/BlademarkSUFC/status/887433794898231299/video/1That's my boy BROOKSY,and that Ladies and Gentlemen is why i wanted him to get a few cameo sub appearances after Xmas last season,rather than bringin Chappy back after his injury,not dissin our Chris(obvs)just my opinion that's all.The big boys will be takin notice of Brooksy make no mistake abart that. UTCB

FatherKnowsBest
19-07-2017, 05:25 AM
That's my boy BROOKSY,and that Ladies and Gentlemen is why i wanted him to get a few cameo sub appearances after Xmas last season,rather than bringin Chappy back after his injury,not dissin our Chris(obvs)just my opinion that's all.The big boys will be takin notice make no mistake abart that. UTCB

Inevitable that if he continues as he is, then the big boys will come calling. I just hope we a. get a monster fee for him and b. have him for a while so we can appreciate him first.

rodcurrie
19-07-2017, 05:26 AM
Inevitable that if he continues as he is, then the big boys will come calling. I just hope we a. get a monster fee for him and b. have him for a while so we can appreciate him first.Agreed Pops.UTCB

bulmer1889
19-07-2017, 05:29 AM
Two things rod the footage doesn't do the goal justice I was behind the goal and he was feigning one way then the other running towards goal the defenders could only try to contain him and were happy for him to drift wide,it would have been so easy to over run the ball let it get too near a defender so he could get a foot in but he controlled it perfectly whilst running at speed before shooting across the keeper into the corner,we've seen it all before rod but many there last night haven't an he lit the place up when he came on,yes he gave it away a few times but he was always trying something,I must say he appears to have stepped up a notch since last yr maybe the tournament did his belief and self confidence the world of good and hopefully we will reap the benefit

The goal reminded me of George best chippy not that he's anywhere near as good,he's a busier player than waddle who was languid an looked disinterested or knackered half the time but he went past players last night like the 2 mentioned used to in their heyday

rodcurrie
19-07-2017, 05:48 AM
Two things rod the footage doesn't do the goal justice I was behind the goal and he was feigning one way then the other running towards goal the defenders could only try to contain him and were happy for him to drift wide,it would have been so easy to over run the ball let it get too near a defender so he could get a foot in but he controlled it perfectly whilst running at speed before shooting across the keeper into the corner,we've seen it all before rod but many there last night haven't an he lit the place up when he came on,yes he gave it away a few times but he was always trying something,I must say he appears to have stepped up a notch since last yr maybe the tournament did his belief and self confidence the world of good and hopefully we will reap the benefit

The goal reminded me of George best chippy not that he's anywhere near as good,he's a busier player than waddle who was languid an looked disinterested or knackered half the time but he went past players last night like the 2 mentioned used to in their heydayI've always said even when he dunt have a particularly good game he shows ya some skill everytime i've seen him play,yes he will lose it at times(like last week in Malaga)but i luv it when players try to make things happen.I don't know if i've ever mentioned it but i'm a BIG admirer of GOD and one of the reasons is he always tried to creat when he had the ball,i wonder if BROOKSY will start blowin kisses to the crowd or sittin on the ball perhaps.UTCB

blades58
19-07-2017, 06:14 AM
Inevitable that if he continues as he is, then the big boys will come calling. I just hope we a. get a monster fee for him and b. have him for a while so we can appreciate him first.

My thoughts too FKB

Supporters deserve to see these lads make the first team and then turn out. Yes, we know what happens with these talented lads, but it doesn't have to happen straight away. At least Harry got a couple of seasons, We need to make sure we also see the benefit of these kids talents

The other benefit of course (and I know it can work both ways) is that if he continues to mature and improve, then his value rises. Instead of being sold for a couple of million, he's worth many more times that fee and then of course the club benefits financially too.

bulmer1889
19-07-2017, 06:36 AM
I hope we get to see him this season if he carries on as he is then we'll be lucky to have him till Jan,it's the pyramid system all over again and we forget we're somewhere in the middle we've picked up 4 players this summer who were arguably their clubs best players their fans were probably livid with what we paid for them,but we say it's good business for us,well that's what the big clubs fans will say when they take brooksy from us (cos it will happen) but let's not get all precious about him he's not really a product of our academy like ramsdale he came in to the system late all we have done is encourage what was there this last couple of yrs,to me the kyles harry and jags are products of our system,but it's given us a reputation so when these kids are released from the bigger clubs we are an attractive option to improve their careers like with the lad just snapped up from manure

Long may it continue,failing academy ? XD

blades58
19-07-2017, 06:42 AM
I hope we get to see him this season if he carries on as he is then we'll be lucky to have him till Jan,it's the pyramid system all over again and we forget we're somewhere in the middle we've picked up 4 players this summer who were arguably their clubs best players their fans were probably livid with what we paid for them,but we say it's good business for us,well that's what the big clubs fans will say when they take brooksy from us (cos it will happen) but let's not get all precious about him he's not really a product of our academy like ramsdale he came in to the system late all we have done is encourage what was there this last couple of yrs,to me the kyles harry and jags are products of our system,but it's given us a reputation so when these kids are released from the bigger clubs we are an attractive option to improve their careers like with the lad just snapped up from manure

Long may it continue,failing academy ? XD

Apparently, CW said this last night (not sure it's his exact words):

"Brooks did what's expected, up to him if he makes first team. If he thinks he's made it he hasn't"

That's the way to keep him grounded :)

rodcurrie
19-07-2017, 06:44 AM

Long may it continue,failing academy ? XDJags&Tongey were released by prem clubs also weren't they? Of course you're correct if BROOKSY does the business he'll be off,if he doesn't then the usual suspects will slam the club for not cashin in nar or claim those that have hailed the lads talent(like thee and me) know chuff all.I hope he starts on Friday but it'll be interestin to see if he gets some game time v Stoke and if he does how he performs and if he does perform well how long before Hughesy slaps a bid in for him.UTCB

sharrowboy2
19-07-2017, 06:52 AM

https://mobile.twitter.com/BlademarkSUFC/status/887433794898231299/video/1

Chuffin hell, that was superb. His reaction after suggests he's done similar stuff many times before. You have a gem on your hands there! Get a five year contract sorted pronto, McScraboro'

RonnieWaldock
19-07-2017, 07:43 AM
We who watch the Academy teams have known for some time what Brooksy is capable of. We have watched him continue to improve, but that improvement has certainly accelerated over the last few months and I agree with all the sentiments expressed above. I'd love to see him continue to play for us, because he is the sort of player that spectators want to see. An entertainer who occasionally does the unexpected. However, U19 tournaments and pre season friendlies are not the Championship, so I don't think it would be fair to the lad to expect too much too soon. Let Chris be the ultimate arbiter as to if, when and for how long he plays - and we are all aware of the pragmatic need to get results on the pitch - and the totally ridiculous economics of modern day football.
While not wishing to pour cold water on anyone's enthusiasm about this lad, I fear that the way he plays - taking on and beating opponents with close control - will invite gnarled old Championship players to attempt to stop him in any way they can.
A severe ankle or knee ligament injury is always only one bad tackle away. The history of football is littered with cases of talented players whose careers have been finished prematurely. Let's hope that this doesn't happen to Brooks. When he turns it on - he is a joy to watch - and there are not that many of his sort about.

herbert
19-07-2017, 07:46 AM
Messi, Draxler and Ozil rolled into one!

He's a very special player. We need to keep him, ideally on a new long contract, and we need to include him in the first team regularly - there's no excuse not to now - the second he's put with the first team, he's made himself a massive factor. We don't have anyone else who does what he does. And we'd struggle to sign anyone else who can.

BlockD
19-07-2017, 08:21 AM
Slightly longer version of the goal from last night
http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/10953567/watch-sheffield-united-midfielder-david-brooks-nets-sensational-solo-strike

CHIPBUTTYBLADE
19-07-2017, 08:25 AM
The lad could fire us to the top half of the division.

Defenders hate players that have the confidence and ability to run with the ball at speed.

He's a gem,who i have only seen in mini derby games,his ability stands out like a sore thumb.

JosteinTime
19-07-2017, 08:30 AM
Just watched that about 10 times. Looked like Kaka running through like that (no pressure XD)

It's great to see the boy's confidence gaining momentum. Long may it continue.

BlockD
19-07-2017, 08:35 AM

Pink boots though!!,get them changed young David,nice sensible black pair will do just fine

bulmer1889
19-07-2017, 08:38 AM
http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/10953567/watch-sheffield-united-midfielder-david-brooks-nets-sensational-solo-strike

Nice to see the chezzy fan applauding the goal in the background at the end really was somethin special

bulmer1889
19-07-2017, 08:41 AM
Jags&Tongey were released by prem clubs also weren't they? Of course you're correct if BROOKSY does the business he'll be off,if he doesn't then the usual suspects will slam the club for not cashin in nar or claim those that have hailed the lads talent(like thee and me) know chuff all.I hope he starts on Friday but it'll be interestin to see if he gets some game time v Stoke and if he does how he performs and if he does perform well how long before Hughesy slaps a bid in for him.UTCB

They were rod but they were released at a younger age weren't they and spent longer in our academy,that's how I remember it anyway which actually isn't any guarantee of what actually happened :s

BlockD
19-07-2017, 08:45 AM
They were rod but they were released at a younger age weren't they and spent longer in our academy,that's how I remember it anyway which actually isn't any guarantee of what actually happened :s

The policy of giving lads released by other Academies a 2nd chance is paying off,Ramsdale,Brooks and Whiteman all given a chance by us,all blossoming under our Academy

JosteinTime
19-07-2017, 08:47 AM
The policy of giving lads released by other Academies a 2nd chance is paying off,Ramsdale,Brooks and Whiteman all given a chance by us,all blossoming under our Academy

Absolutely!

Mansfield_Blade
19-07-2017, 10:11 AM
It just shows how crazy the system is. It would appear that the only way that a boy who is in one of the big 5 clubs academies can succeed if they “fail” and are released and are taken in by a smaller club. Then when the smaller club has developed them into good footballers, a big clubs then rebuys them. It is hard to think of one player who has remained at the club and has made it through to the first team in the last 5 years. There must be loads of players who are seen as a lot better than the ones released, but are lost within their academies, whilst the “rejects” in the same year are now playing for England.

JosteinTime
19-07-2017, 10:14 AM
It just shows how crazy the system is. It would appear that the only way that a boy who is in one of the big 5 clubs academies can succeed if they “fail” and are released and are taken in by a smaller club. Then when the smaller club has developed them into good footballers, a big clubs then rebuys them. It is hard to think of one player who has remained at the club and has made it through to the first team in the last 5 years. There must be loads of players who are seen as a lot better than the ones released, but are lost within their academies, whilst the “rejects” in the same year are now playing for England.

There's certainly some rejects playing for England! XD

On the other hand, it's possibly a good way of some of the smaller clubs earning extra revenue from developing these forgotten players?

bulmer1889
19-07-2017, 10:17 AM
The only way to stop this madness Mansfield is to put a min quota of home grown players onto the clubs so they would have to encourage players through the ranks,I think they've let the horse bolt though it should have been done yrs ago but the FA and premier league can't see past their own greed

Mansfield_Blade
19-07-2017, 10:38 AM
My idea is that you should change the academy system, still keep Cat 1-4 and that Cat 1 can pick up players from the lower cat academies for a pittance, but base it on results rather than money, say if you have a player who played 10 games in League 2, the club who brought him through their academy gets 1 point, 2 points for league 1, 4 for the Championship, 8 for Premier League, and 16 if they play for England. The top 10 clubs have Cat 1 status, I think this will force the big clubs to play their own youngsters rather than hoover up the talent from other clubs.

blades58
19-07-2017, 04:39 PM
Goodbye Mr Brooks

McCabe:

“In many ways [promotion has eased pressure of selling youngsters]. But the truth is until you are back in the Premier League, if a Premier League club comes along and wants one of your players... if someone can give me the answer of how you keep them. I think most supporters realise that our desire is not to sell a David Brooks - obviously a youngster with immense talent - or a Dominic Calvert-Lewin. But when the big dog comes knocking...”

rodcurrie
19-07-2017, 04:47 PM
Goodbye Mr Brooks

McCabe:

“In many ways [promotion has eased pressure of selling youngsters]. But the truth is until you are back in the Premier League, if a Premier League club comes along and wants one of your players... if someone can give me the answer of how you keep them. I think most supporters realise that our desire is not to sell a David Brooks - obviously a youngster with immense talent - or a Dominic Calvert-Lewin. But when the big dog comes knocking...”You're not shocked by this 58 are ya? I've commented abart it on the fans forum thread but it's the way the football world is.I will be disapointed when Brooksy goes but not suprised.UTCB

bulmer1889
19-07-2017, 05:02 PM
You tell them to do one and then take the lad to one side and explain how we took him on when he was down and we've built him back up again and how contracts are supposed to work etc a bit like southends chairman has done with leonard

bulmer1889
19-07-2017, 05:03 PM
And then you sell him !

RavBlade
19-07-2017, 05:09 PM

just like mine many moons ago :P

RavBlade
19-07-2017, 05:10 PM
You're not shocked by this 58 are ya? I've commented abart it on the fans forum thread but it's the way the football world is.I will be disapointed when Brooksy goes but not suprised.UTCB

Me neither unfortunately Rodders. A huge fee would ease the pain a bit though instead of 1m.

blades58
19-07-2017, 05:14 PM
You're not shocked by this 58 are ya? I've commented abart it on the fans forum thread but it's the way the football world is.I will be disapointed when Brooksy goes but not suprised.UTCB

I have repeatedly said that when the big clubs come calling it's game over, it just irks me when our owner actually says it without at least explaining the process he goes through as an owner to convince the said player to stay. No mention of anything positive about the fact we are on the up. That we have a top manager. That said young player, if he continues to improve has more chance of playing in the Championship than at a Prem club. That we would offer said player a competitive salary despite his age. Nothing, not a glimmer. It's almost as if he wants to sell the player, if you get my drift and of course keeping that talented player ought to mean his stock rises.

GrayBlade
19-07-2017, 05:29 PM
I have repeatedly said that when the big clubs come calling it's game over, it just irks me when our owner actually says it without at least explaining the process he goes through as an owner to convince the said player to stay. No mention of anything positive about the fact we are on the up. That we have a top manager. That said young player, if he continues to improve has more chance of playing in the Championship than at a Prem club. That we would offer said player a competitive salary despite his age. Nothing, not a glimmer. It's almost as if he wants to sell the player, if you get my drift and of course keeping that talented player ought to mean his stock rises.

King Kev's changed his stance. It's no longer 'when the big clubs come calling' it's gone to the knocking dogs...

“I think most supporters realise that our desire is not to sell a David Brooks - obviously a youngster with immense talent - or a Dominic Calvert-Lewin. But when the big dog comes knocking...”

Read more at: http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-united/danny-hall-sheffield-united-s-david-brooks-is-a-young-man-of-few-words-but-immense-potential-1-8658586

seanbeanstattoo
19-07-2017, 07:14 PM
Southampton seem to have that side of their business sorted. McCabe should pay them to deal with our player sales.

Carpe_diem
19-07-2017, 07:23 PM

This, exactly. What's wrong with playing cards close to his chest or saying he's not for sale, even if just to eke out a bit more money? He might as well have said that anyone in the prem who wants him can have him for peanuts.

rodcurrie
19-07-2017, 07:42 PM
This, exactly. What's wrong with playing cards close to his chest or saying he's not for sale, even if just to eke out a bit more money? He might as well have said that anyone in the prem who wants him can have him for peanuts.If he did that and then Brooksy was sold he'd be called a liar again wunt he? UTCB

seanbeanstattoo
19-07-2017, 07:45 PM
If he did that and then Brooksy was sold he'd be called a liar again wunt he? UTCB

No he wouldn't rod. He'd have the whole Blades fanbase on his side.
McCabe should never be allowed to make public statements. He is a PR disaster. Every fuc i ng time.

Blade for Life
19-07-2017, 07:47 PM
Of course we will end up selling Brooke's but we have to get the timing right. We should fight to keep him this season and his value will go up ten fold. I would be very disappointed if we sold him sooner and got the usual £1.5 million. This lad is worth 10 times that. I would like to see him in our first team for a season as well.

seanbeanstattoo
19-07-2017, 07:49 PM
Of course we will end up selling Brooke's but we have to get the timing right. We should fight to keep him this season and his value will go up ten fold. I would be very disappointed if we sold him sooner and got the usual £1.5 million. This lad is worth 10 times that. I would like to see him in our first team for a season as well.

Agree. But please can we spell players names right. Like it's Sharp,no E it's Brooks,no E.

rodcurrie
19-07-2017, 07:52 PM
No he wouldn't rod. He'd have the whole Blades fanbase on his side.
McCabe should never be allowed to make public statements. He is a PR disaster. Every fuc i ng time.Disagree Sean,didn't he once say Beattie weren't for sale,then look at the backlash after he was sold.Are ya goin to the Rovrum game on Friday mate? UTCB

almostsignedmaradona
19-07-2017, 09:01 PM
Disagree Sean,didn't he once say Beattie weren't for sale,then look at the backlash after he was sold.Are ya goin to the Rovrum game on Friday mate? UTCB

He never said Beattie wasn't for sale.
His exact words were "the club doesn't need to sell Beattie"

BlockD
19-07-2017, 09:11 PM
We wouldnt get much for him on tonights display

RonnieWaldock
19-07-2017, 09:34 PM
We wouldnt get much for him on tonights display

Or any of the rest of them. At least Brooks looked a lot better than Duffy. Even Rod's favourite, Regan Slater, ran about a lot but achieved little.

Fair do's to Matlock though, they looked a half decent side. Shame it was Diego's brother who got the goal that turned out to be the winner.

BlockD
19-07-2017, 09:41 PM
Or any of the rest of them. At least Brooks looked a lot better than Duffy. Even Rod's favourite, Regan Slater, ran about a lot but achieved little.

Fair do's to Matlock though, they looked a half decent side. Shame it was Diego's brother who got the goal that turned out to be the winner.

I saw your lad Ronald,i didnt see you or i would have said hello,back to earth with a bump for young David,these things will happen to any young player,highs and lows,again i was impressed by Nathan Thomas

JosteinTime
20-07-2017, 01:00 PM
The PR machine is picking up pace. Just seen this on Facebook ...

CHIPBUTTYBLADE
20-07-2017, 01:30 PM
The PR machine is picking up pace. Just seen this on Facebook ...

Speculation thats all it is.

bulmer1889
20-07-2017, 01:37 PM
I saw your lad Ronald,i didnt see you or i would have said hello,back to earth with a bump for young David,these things will happen to any young player,highs and lows,again i was impressed by Nathan Thomas

Ups an downs for a lot of the youngsters I was underwhelmed with Thomas on tues but it's early days he's still settling in

BlockD
20-07-2017, 01:40 PM
Ups an downs for a lot of the youngsters I was underwhelmed with Thomas on tues but it's early days he's still settling in

And yet i thought he did well when he came on,same with Brooks and Lavery,we looked far more purposeful when them 3 were teamed up,same with Carruthers,seem plenty having a pop,but again i thought he was decent,i did like the look of Stearman

bulmer1889
20-07-2017, 02:04 PM
Thomas looked very raw I was expecting a more polished player that's why I was underwhelmed. Stearman looked exactly what we needed there he brought a calmness to the back 4 like jake Wright but a much more accomplished player,who brought the ball out well like harry used to and generally played sensible balls keeping possession

RonnieWaldock
20-07-2017, 02:24 PM
Thomas looked very raw I was expecting a more polished player that's why I was underwhelmed. Stearman looked exactly what we needed there he brought a calmness to the back 4 like jake Wright but a much more accomplished player,who brought the ball out well like harry used to and generally played sensible balls keeping possession

As one of the select few who has seen Jake Wright (snr) lose while playing in a United shirt, I must say (as a big fan of JW) that he, like many others, was anything but impressive last night.

rodcurrie
20-07-2017, 03:21 PM
RB Leipzig of the Bundesliga are the latest club to be linked wi Brooksy,apparently they were very impressed with him in Toulon.BLADES have sold abart 3,300 tickets for Friday's game,not a bad followin at all. UTCB

bulmer1889
20-07-2017, 03:30 PM
Actually Ronnie all this jake Wright unbeaten nonsense is a load of bull I've only just realised reading your post I saw him lose last season at Halifax !

sharrowboy2
20-07-2017, 03:34 PM
I think Brooksy is someone we need to keep an eye on when we get promoted, as by then Wallace/Boyd will need replacing.

BlockD
20-07-2017, 04:13 PM
Actually Ronnie all this jake Wright unbeaten nonsense is a load of bull I've only just realised reading your post I saw him lose last season at Halifax !

Proper games he is still unbeaten,i think he had a bet last night with someone,to see if he could play an entire match without running,he won his bet

blades58
20-07-2017, 05:55 PM
As a side note, Daily Mail reporting Wendy reject £1m bid from Leicester for young Hirsty, who's in the final year of his contract

Take note Mr McCabe