PDA

View Full Version : Bbc

albion68
19-07-2017, 10:24 AM
Ffs. Close it down,have you seen there obscene saleries. Chris Evans 2mill a year . Norton 800.000plus. News readers over 250.000.

Roymit
19-07-2017, 10:28 AM
I'm amazed you're amazed. What did you think they earned?

albion68
19-07-2017, 10:30 AM
[QUOTE=Roymit;38591459]I'm amazed you're amazed. What did you think they earned?[/QUOTe
****in ell Roy not that amount.reading the soddilng news off a Q card.

Newcy Wolf
19-07-2017, 10:34 AM
Ffs. Close it down,have you seen there obscene saleries. Chris Evans 2mill a year . Norton 800.000plus. News readers over 250.000.

Obscene?

Well thank goodness footballers are on a pittance.

phild
19-07-2017, 10:48 AM
Just mentioning in passing that Linekar actually earns the same amount as 90 nurses.

albion68
19-07-2017, 11:07 AM
Obscene?

We all know footballers are way over paid. But reading the news, I bet even you could do that.

Roymit
19-07-2017, 11:18 AM
You'd be surprised how difficult it is to read from a cue card. Ronald Reagan could only do it with difficulty and he was an actor. Gerald Ford couldn't do it. Watch politicians at party conferences and you will soon spot a host of stumbles and nonsense pronouncements emanating out of their misshapen mouths. In fact under the pressure that many newscasters perform, when the same actions are attempted by untrained people, the resulting number of mistakes and mispronunciations is extremely high. I say this not in order to defend their remuneration you understand but merely to correct the common misconception that reading stuff off a moving monitor cue card is a piece of pis*.

albion68
19-07-2017, 11:23 AM
You'd be surprised how difficult it is to read from a cue card. Ronald Reagan could only do it with difficulty and he was an actor. Gerald Ford couldn't do it. Watch politicians at party conferences and you will soon spot a host of stumbles and nonsense pronouncements emanating out of their misshapen mouths. In fact under the pressure that many newscasters perform, when the same actions are attempted by untrained people, the resulting number of mistakes and mispronunciations is extremely high. I say this not in order to defend their remuneration you understand but merely to correct the common misconception that reading stuff off a moving monitor cue card is a piece of pis*.yes Roy.but I couldn't ride a bike till I fell off a few times.

Newcy Wolf
19-07-2017, 11:33 AM
We all know footballers are way over paid. But reading the news, I bet even you could do that.

No need for that really is there? I was purely putting something into perspective.

I expect it from others though, even after they have been publicly shamed and told their posts should be ignored by their own moderator.

That lad Smiffy
19-07-2017, 12:05 PM
No suprise from me.
BBC, like any Labour/union run organisation completely over paid and over staffed.
Why have 3 people do a job efficiently when you can pay 5 to do the same ?
Highly paid non-jobs..Close it down tomorrow.
Pay for the licence , might as well have my say.

talkSAFT
19-07-2017, 03:00 PM
Lineker is good at what he does. So is Clare Boulding and Sue Barker.
But do we really need expensive people - rather than Joe Bloggs, who would do it reasonably well for £30k a year - to show us what we've just seen. I'd rather we had one hour's football highlights + 2 minutes analysis.
And it's much the same with the Judges on the X-Factor (not that I watch that sh&te any more, DUE TO the Judges).
And not one bloody Presenter is worthy of a CBE, never mind a knighthood.

WBA1955
19-07-2017, 03:27 PM
Good'thread'guy's'and'good'points'made,but'keep'it 'to'topic.

sweeper5
19-07-2017, 03:47 PM
Good'thread'guy's'and'good'points'made,but'keep'it 'to'topic.

Yes, it is a good thread, so we should keep it that way.

A question for you, 55, and HLC if he is about. Why don't you just remove any post that goes "off topic"??

Prando
19-07-2017, 03:48 PM
Just mentioning in passing that Linekar actually earns the same amount as 90 nurses.
Great comparison Phild buddy. "She who must be obeyed" will relate to that !

Roymit
19-07-2017, 03:59 PM
yes Roy.but I couldn't ride a bike till I fell off a few times.

I fell off my bike and got hit by a bus when I was very young. I decided I wasn't very good at it and have hardly ridden a bike since.

holmleighchris
19-07-2017, 05:24 PM

You wouldn't pay to watch 90 nurses doing their job whilst you do pay TV presenters to entertain us.

talkSAFT
19-07-2017, 05:30 PM
Pay Lineker what he's worth - say £100k of our money.
He'll probably say he's going to work for Sky then. Let the barsteward go. But Sky (and ITV) have already got their quota of "Presenters", so they'll probably start reducing their salaries, along with the Laws of Supply and Demand. Sooner or later "Presenters'" salaries will come down to more realistic levels.
So, whoever monitor the worth of the BBC against our £148 Licence Fee should get real, and realise that any tw*t who can read an autocue will do it for The Living Wage. Cushy job, as well.
As for Chris f'ing Evans.................enough said!

albion68
19-07-2017, 07:08 PM
No need for that really is there? I was purely putting something into perspective.

I expect it from others though, even after they have been publicly shamed and told their posts should be ignored by their own moderator.
It read like you were being flippant?

Newcy Wolf
19-07-2017, 07:24 PM
It read like you were being flippant?

Fair enough 68.

baggieal
19-07-2017, 09:58 PM
Obscene?

Footballers can be on a pittance if they play in the lower leagues ( outside of the Premiership ) ;D ;D

Q165
20-07-2017, 06:29 AM
How ironic of the ultra PC BBC. They bend over backwards to recognise the importance and relevance of equality, diversity, multiculturalism etc issues. You look at most programmes and it is clear that both ***es, different racial backgrounds, different ***ual orientations, disabilities etc are fairly represented. But when it comes to the issue of pay! Tut Tut.

Albionic68
20-07-2017, 12:59 PM
You'd be surprised how difficult it is to read from a cue card. Ronald Reagan could only do it with difficulty and he was an actor. Gerald Ford couldn't do it. Watch politicians at party conferences and you will soon spot a host of stumbles and nonsense pronouncements emanating out of their misshapen mouths. In fact under the pressure that many newscasters perform, when the same actions are attempted by untrained people, the resulting number of mistakes and mispronunciations is extremely high. I say this not in order to defend their remuneration you understand but merely to correct the common misconception that reading stuff off a moving monitor cue card is a piece of pis*.

Hmmmmmmmm........

.......... I suspect it'd be more difficult teaching chimps how to make and pour tea than reading while 'under presure' from an automated script.

They don't even need to turn the page, bet you could train a bloody gorilla to do that bit if the Autocue broke down :) .

I'd be up for that job but I wouldn't sell myself short at anything less than £1,750,000 and a packet of crisps.

I believe that's the going rate for chimps on the BBC these days anyway, equal pay for gorillas say I ;D ?

http://i67.tinypic.com/2h6uik6.jpg

Acido
20-07-2017, 01:58 PM
Looking at that picture, I wonder if the Beeb will ever change their minds and do a series of live Monkey Tennis ?
Evans or Lineker or Norton could be paid in just peanuts so it would be cheap. ;D

Roymit
20-07-2017, 05:02 PM
Pay Lineker what he's worth - say £100k of our money.
He'll probably say he's going to work for Sky then. Let the barsteward go. But Sky (and ITV) have already got their quota of "Presenters", so they'll probably start reducing their salaries, along with the Laws of Supply and Demand. Sooner or later "Presenters'" salaries will come down to more realistic levels.
So, whoever monitor the worth of the BBC against our £148 Licence Fee should get real, and realise that any tw*t who can read an autocue will do it for The Living Wage. Cushy job, as well.
As for Chris f'ing Evans.................enough said!

Do you really believe this? Or are you just venting your anger?

BaggieBlood
23-07-2017, 01:58 PM
Wrote threads on here a few times criticising the BBC, and the then differed as some thought things like radio 4 and the world service was worth the licence fee etc, etc.

Now these figures are out the mood has changed, and rightly so.

Evan on £2m on Winkleman on 450k are ridiculous Imo.

But, as long as they get their guaranteed indirect taxation that is the licence fee (they increased it again this year and want to abolish free licences for 75 years olds I think) they will continue with their public body bloated ways.

Make it commercial and you'll see a more efficient beeb.

In all honesty who would pay £148 a year to subscribe to the beeb if given a choice?

Not me when I can get Netflix for less than half price.

mickd1961
23-07-2017, 02:41 PM
I no longer watch BBC News or Questiontime and Newsnight,the latter two were programmes I watched religiously.

I'm sick to death of the left wing bias and the rabid hatred of anything that isn't to the left of centre.

Presenters earning millions over their careers telling the rest of the country how "right on" left wing they are whilst hiding their cash in dodgy schemes etc.

The BBC does drama,documentary,drama and natural world programmes better than most broadcasters so it's a pity its political bias ruins its very important news content.

I can never underhand how they need so many correspondents and assistant correspondents and why their radio stations need an equivalent on their staff,why can't the BBC TV political editor do the report for the radio station FFS?

Jobs for the sake of it like too many public institutions.

I quite honestly couldn't give a f u c k who reads the news as long as they're competent and don't stutter like Norman Collier.

There are thousands of people capable of doing that job for £40k a year,to pay newsreaders such as Huw Edwards up to £500k a year is just obscene.

It's "our" money though so it's doesn't matter.

WBA1955
23-07-2017, 04:13 PM
I'can'never'understand'why'it'nee'two'people'to're ad'the'Midlands'News.One'starts'a'sentence'and'one 'finishes'it.
Then'you'have'one'to'read'the'sport'and'another'th e'weather.Then'dear'old'onion'face'the'political'e xpert.
They'should'have'left'Suzanne'Virdee'orJoanne'Mali n'reading'it'in'their'short'skirts,and'got'rid'of' that'silly'table.:P

Q165
23-07-2017, 07:33 PM
I no longer watch BBC News or Questiontime and Newsnight,the latter two were programmes I watched religiously.

I'm sick to death of the left wing bias and the rabid hatred of anything that isn't to the left of centre.

Presenters earning millions over their careers telling the rest of the country how "right on" left wing they are whilst hiding their cash in dodgy schemes etc.

The BBC does drama,documentary,drama and natural world programmes better than most broadcasters so it's a pity its political bias ruins its very important news content.

I can never underhand how they need so many correspondents and assistant correspondents and why their radio stations need an equivalent on their staff,why can't the BBC TV political editor do the report for the radio station FFS?

Jobs for the sake of it like too many public institutions.

I quite honestly couldn't give a f u c k who reads the news as long as they're competent and don't stutter like Norman Collier.

There are thousands of people capable of doing that job for £40k a year,to pay newsreaders such as Huw Edwards up to £500k a year is just obscene.

It's "our" money though so it's doesn't matter.

Like it!!

But they are bringing The Generation Game back with their current favourites the side splittingly hilarious Mel & Sue. Give me strength.

mickd1961
23-07-2017, 07:38 PM
Like it!!

But they are bringing The Generation Game back with their current favourites the side splittingly hilarious Mel & Sue. Give me strength.

I can't abide those two silly b I n t s.......I instantly turn off anything either of them are in.

If ever there was a reason for a gender pay gap it's this pair of nonentities.