PDA

View Full Version : BBC Salaries

oldcolner
19-07-2017, 10:48 AM
Shock horror taxpayer funded BBC are paying Chris Evans most.

He made between £2.2m and £2.25m in 2016/2017, while Claudia Winkleman is the BBC's highest-paid female celebrity, earning between £450,000 and £500,000.
Match of the Day's Gary Lineker earned between £1.75m and £1.8m, the BBC annual report said.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-40653383

On the other hand unemployed Sky watchers and child football fans are paying for some players to earn these sums in a month or two. That's a disgrace!:?

Now which female presenter, transgender presenter and BAME presenters need to be promoted to earn the same as Evans just to keep equality issues on an even keel.

But I wonder if equality is on daily rates rather than total salary as I guess Evans does more days than most.

I'm not working up a lather on this.

sinkov
19-07-2017, 01:40 PM
For some reason all the attention seems to be on the gender pay gap and not on the real scandal, the ludicrous amounts the general public are being forced to pay these people. Any levelling of wages should be in a downward direction, but of course it won't be, the women's pay will be hiked up to equate with the men's, and a report that should have led to a reduction in the BBC's over-inflated wage bill will probably now see it increased.

They're not daft these people controlling the media are they, they know what they're doing, they know how to look after themselves.

Supersub6
19-07-2017, 03:29 PM
Spot on sinkov, however, according to a report on Radio 5 Live this morning, the BBC pay under the market rate for these people so, as you say, there will be nothing going in the downward direction.

Altobelli
19-07-2017, 11:40 PM
Makes me laugh and cringe at the same time.

I see on Bus shelters in London there are many posters stating that Transport For London does not make any profits as it ploughs it back into Transport.. . .. . . . funny that over 400 employees of TFL earn over £100,000 a year FFS !

Matt Baker on £450,000 a year :? I'd rather watch paint dry than listen to that boring fart.