PDA

View Full Version : Joe Williams on loan.

POGGYWELL
19-07-2017, 11:15 AM
Everton midfielder on brink of Goodison loan exit

Joe Williams set to join Championship club Barnsley until January.
He's in the building!

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/everton-midfielder-brink-goodison-loan-13353518

DOOALI
19-07-2017, 11:44 AM
Hope he's a winger not ANOTHER orthodox midfielder

POGGYWELL
19-07-2017, 11:51 AM
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/everton-midfielder-brink-goodison-loan-13353518

Ponte_Steve24
19-07-2017, 12:31 PM
19 year old box to box midfield enforcer. Like for like replacement for Scowen.

POGGYWELL
19-07-2017, 12:44 PM
In February 2016, Joe Williams put pen to paper on a contract extension tieing him to Everton until 2020. It was good news for the 20-year-old who had just returned to action following a year of injury frustration. Williams, at one time a rumoured transfer target of Manchester United, had recovered from that bad knee injury only to have his attempted comeback ruined by damage to his ankle in November. He was declared fit again in February 2017, and got to sit on the first team bench for five games without being used, although he was instrumental in helping the Under-23s win the Premier League 2 title.

Ponte_Steve24
19-07-2017, 12:52 PM
19-20 What's in a year? :D Tough tackling centre midfielder though.

animallittle3
19-07-2017, 01:40 PM
Load of ballax

Feckin brains size of peas darn there .

New team from top to bottom .

Need game time to gel and get an understanding going .

Not possible with young players , they don't have the stamina to go saturday , tuesday , saturday .

Multiple changes a regularity .

No continuity .

Quantity over quality .

Just making this transition ten times harder than it needs to be .

End .

Ponte_Steve24
19-07-2017, 02:03 PM
Hecky has final say over transfers presumably? I'm happy to go along with the players he chooses to sign. He obviously seems to think they are good signings.

Otherwise he wouldn't sign them. We're not stock piling players willy nilly.

animallittle3
19-07-2017, 03:30 PM
Hecky has final say over transfers presumably? I'm happy to go along with the players he chooses to sign. He obviously seems to think they are good signings.

Otherwise he wouldn't sign them. We're not stock piling players willy nilly.

Hecky is working to the budget and plan he was tasked with .

That basically means he's signing young players very cheaply .

If he was at a bigger club he wouldn't have signed one of them steve .

He's getting in his opinion the best the budget and plan will allow him .

That doesn't necessarily mean they can cut it in the championship .

I sincerely hope I am wrong and eating a large slice of humble pie , it would be a pleasure to eat it sitting pretty this season without any concerns .

yorkshireborn
19-07-2017, 04:04 PM
Who sez hecky has control of who he wants or buys remember he is only the head coach he's not a manager.

he may have ideas who he'd like but im guessing he has no input in the final decision.

Ponte_Steve24
19-07-2017, 04:06 PM
Im impressed with the majority of the signings though Animal. Im disillusioned at way club is run at times but I think Mcgeehan, Mallan, Mccarthy, Fryers, Isgrove and Pinnock will turn out to be good buys mate. Whose saying we dont sign a couple more strikers and a winger in next couple of weeks?

EastStandRed
19-07-2017, 04:32 PM
Who sez hecky has control of who he wants or buys remember he is only the head coach he's not a manager.

he may have ideas who he'd like but im guessing he has no input in the final decision.

The club won't sign somebody who Hecky doesn't want . I'd guess he does have input in whether someone comes or not

pass_and_move
19-07-2017, 04:49 PM
I hope if we do sign a couple more, we need it

Jules88
19-07-2017, 05:10 PM
Sorry Animal. Disagree. We were TOO predictable last 5 months of the season
We need to be flexible and changeable this time round. They Sussed us out.
Think Hecky knows this and is laying foundation for changeable unit

Romared
19-07-2017, 05:27 PM
Sorry Animal. Disagree. We were TOO predictable last 5 months of the season
We need to be flexible and changeable this time round. They Sussed us out.
Think Hecky knows this and is laying foundation for changeable unit
Good point that Jules, Knockin players ? Give them a chance at least , hopefully it all works out fine , going to be hard though settling into the system for some ?? I've a good feeling about this season and some of the signings so far !! Get Fletcher through the the door ? Nailed on play offs !!!

Jules88
19-07-2017, 06:03 PM
I'm not getting in between you two playing handbags! Lol
Just thinking that that more ways we have of changing it and the more personnel we have will avoid last seasons debacle of playing the same players, in the same way, getting the same results.!
We have to change, 18, 21, tried or untried in the league, the lads that have come in look decent. I saw improvement last night from what I saw from January to May last year.
I'll go with it, till it's proved to be Sh8te
And then we can moan and change it in January

animallittle3
19-07-2017, 06:22 PM
I'm not getting in between you two playing handbags! Lol
Just thinking that that more ways we have of changing it and the more personnel we have will avoid last seasons debacle of playing the same players, in the same way, getting the same results.!
We have to change, 18, 21, tried or untried in the league, the lads that have come in look decent. I saw improvement last night from what I saw from January to May last year.
I'll go with it, till it's proved to be Sh8te
And then we can moan and change it in January

The reason we were average the last half of the season Jules was because we lost a bloody good goalscorer who was nailed on for 20 goals , the best midfield player in the league and captain and a decent young full back .

Armstrong ran out of legs and Mowatt didn't settle initially .

The team resembled a limping animal who just about survived an attack by a pack of wolves .

In my opinion of course mate .

There are young players and there are green horned kids .

Hit the championship red light district and we will be like a group of 14 year old virgins with a hard on and their tongues hanging out .

We need some dudes who can last more than 5 seconds mate if tha catches my breeze .

Romared
19-07-2017, 06:29 PM
Moor Ballax then ? Tha's knot a a clew ya crank !!! Stick to politics tha knos Fcall abart footie , geeit a rest with thi Preaching all things shyte !!

animallittle3
19-07-2017, 06:36 PM
Moor Ballax then ? Tha's knot a a clew ya crank !!! Stick to politics tha knos Fcall abart footie , geeit a rest with thi Preaching all things shyte !!

Any progress with Ash Fletcher coming in anytime soon ?

Not another Taliban story tha fell for war it clown shoes .

Jules88
19-07-2017, 11:04 PM
The reason we were average the last half of the season Jules was because we lost a bloody good goalscorer who was nailed on for 20 goals , the best midfield player in the league and captain and a decent young full back .

Armstrong ran out of legs and Mowatt didn't settle initially .

The team resembled a limping animal who just about survived an attack by a pack of wolves .

In my opinion of course mate .

There are young players and there are green horned kids .

Hit the championship red light district and we will be like a group of 14 year old virgins with a hard on and their tongues hanging out .

We need some dudes who can last more than 5 seconds mate if tha catches my breeze .

........APOLOGIES FOR SHOUTING, (need to separate your quotes..... Lol.......)

but....

"GREEN HORNED KIDS". How old was Bree?, and what Championship experience did he have ....?

Rooney was how old when he made his Prem Debut? ( And went with the Granny for 5 Seconds, with his tongue out????Beckham at Preston? Barkley? The young Scholes, Giggs, and the blond kid at Everton last year?

"RAN OUT OF LEGS" ... ran his t*ts off..... usually in the wrong direction and couldn't be ars@d after January unless he was playing for England.

I recall you were a great advocate of Hecky, and the other fella, Who disappeared...(Bunny????) .and if I'm right said that giving them a crack at developing the youth was the right way to go.
Youth got us in this position. Loaned, borrowed, and developed. We MUST keep the ethos of this going.
SKY have lost some major contracts over the last few months, and the money the top clubs get may not be forever. I'm hoping that when the ar&e falls out of the SKY money machine we willhave a head start on the clubs who rely on the "big money signings"
If it fails, then so be it. But do you really want to go backwards.???

If I remember right, as a 14 year old Virgin, I had to work damned hard to keep myself in the frame for the step up to the next best "Bird" and my tongue was always out!

animallittle3
20-07-2017, 04:12 AM
Developing youth is fine jules , I didn't expect a full squad mate .

We do have money to be a little more diverse in our recruitment .

If we hadn't a round coin then fair enough .

Jules88
20-07-2017, 09:03 AM
I understand we could do with a few older heads/experience but if we are to dish 3 year contracts out we need to be getting them in at <26. Getting young lads in together will create good spirit and hopefully they will be driven by the fact that some good lads have moved on after a spell here enough to create a season where we can hover around 8-12th, and a follow up next season with a play off spot.

There's a lot of uncertainty around at the moment and my guess is that the powers that be ARENT taking out the pot, (?as some think) more so ensuring that the pot is as strong as it can be for when it's needed.
I suspect that PC will have wanted a solid fund/base creating to ensure that the model he created here can be sustained as long as it can be to preserve the clubs existence during what will be a transitional period in the future.

POGGYWELL
20-07-2017, 11:17 AM
Williams signed sorry I got it wrong it's a season long loan!

Acido
20-07-2017, 12:20 PM
That was waaaay too much information Jules, about when you were a 14 year old nipper. But it still made me giggle though. ;D
Ive got to agree with Animal's comments here though, and when you say Mr Cryne & co are saving money in the pot for when we really need it etc.
When is that exactly, is it for if these kids don't adapt to the Champship and we have to sell them ?
Or is it for if they do brilliantly and the big clubs come in and sign them in January ?
Either way it all leads to yet another total squad rebuild within 2 years doesn't it. :(

Ponte_Steve24
20-07-2017, 12:52 PM
It cant be for when he does pass away Acido. After that we have no guarantees whatsoever. By rights Cryne owns the club and pays the bills. So when he dies won't that money die with him? With James Cryne not wanting to take the club on. There's nothing to suggest the family wouldn't take the money and run. Who could blame them. That's not a dig that's stating the obvious. I'm seriously worried about where the investment is coming from and whether the club is being safeguarded for when the inevitable happens. I appreciate the tone of my last post concerning wasn't worded correctly and I didn't get my post across as compassionately as I should have. However, my overriding emotion is fear of the club ending up back where it was in 2002.

animallittle3
20-07-2017, 01:40 PM
The football club can't be owned by someone who has sadly passed away .

At some stage with all due respect to Patrick and his family loose ends need addressing .

If I had a business and I was told I was terminally then you generally try to either sell it or pass it on to the family before you pass away .

Wasn't there a similar situation with the Walker family at Blackburn ?

Look its not a nice thing to discuss but I think we supporters should be told sooner rather than later what the plan is going forward and it may help supporters understand a little better why we are not investing a little more of the money we have accumulated of late .

Acido
20-07-2017, 02:14 PM
Look its not a nice thing to discuss but I think we supporters should be told sooner rather than later what the plan is going forward and it may help supporters understand a little better why we are not investing a little more of the money we have accumulated of late.

I think thats all we've ever asked for isn't, just better and more regular communication with the fans. Giving us updates and ideas on this very important subject would be much more appreciated.
And these 'undisclosed' deals don't help either, because they just add to the cloak n dagger feeling.

This question was asked recently on the Bbs...
Would we accept any takeover of the club, even if it was by a foreign investor ?

Exiletyke
20-07-2017, 08:34 PM
It cant be for when he does pass away Acido. After that we have no guarantees whatsoever. By rights Cryne owns the club and pays the bills. So when he dies won't that money die with him? With James Cryne not wanting to take the club on. There's nothing to suggest the family wouldn't take the money and run. Who could blame them. That's not a dig that's stating the obvious. I'm seriously worried about where the investment is coming from and whether the club is being safeguarded for when the inevitable happens. I appreciate the tone of my last post concerning wasn't worded correctly and I didn't get my post across as compassionately as I should have. However, my overriding emotion is fear of the club ending up back where it was in 2002.

I said a few days ago & I stand by it

16-07-2017, 05:02 PM #25

Can't PC take what he likes out of the club ?
He is the owner isn't he ?
Or am I mistaken?

EastStandRed
20-07-2017, 08:58 PM
I said a few days ago & I stand by it

16-07-2017, 05:02 PM #25

Can't PC take what he likes out of the club ?
He is the owner isn't he ?
Or am I mistaken?

Yes he can pay himself a big fat wage or dividend . It's a LTD company though isn't it so he can't just do one with all the takings from the Sunderland at home game when they bring 25,000 fans again .

Jules88
21-07-2017, 09:31 AM
That was waaaay too much information Jules, about when you were a 14 year old nipper. But it still made me giggle though. ;D
Ive got to agree with Animal's comments here though, and when you say Mr Cryne & co are saving money in the pot for when we really need it etc.
When is that exactly, is it for if these kids don't adapt to the Champship and we have to sell them ?
Or is it for if they do brilliantly and the big clubs come in and sign them in January ?
Either way it all leads to yet another total squad rebuild within 2 years doesn't it. :(

Sorry for delay in reply mate. I think it's for when we haven't got a passionate steadying hand on the ship and it's blowing a gale The club will then have a few rescourses for a new sail! Living hand to mouth as we have done in the past is fine, but when a problem occurs and People have to go to Wonga, they pay a heavy price. I think PC ( and I may be wrong here) is being careful to ensure that we don't become a Wonga customer in the near future and end up like Bolton and a few more, with our backs to the wall.