PDA

View Full Version : Blades to re-invest

boltonblade
19-07-2017, 12:01 PM
Money from the Kyle & Harry deals...

Looking for a CB, CM & Striker

Interesting.

Leonard still No. target it seems.

I'd like to see some decent money spent on a CM.

rodcurrie
19-07-2017, 12:04 PM

Interesting.

I'd like to see some decent money spent on a CM.What would you consider decent money mi owd? We definately need another keeper also.UTCB

BlockD
19-07-2017, 12:08 PM
What would you consider decent money mi owd? We definately need another keeper also.UTCB

He would have to be more than decent if he is to replace either Fleck or Coutts

Mansfield_Blade
19-07-2017, 12:15 PM
We definately need another keeper also.UTCB

Unless the CB can also play in goal

Carpe_diem
19-07-2017, 12:23 PM
Unless the CB can also play in goal

without giving away relegation-causing penalties at the other end of the pitch

JosteinTime
19-07-2017, 12:33 PM
CM in CW's mind at the moment is Leonard. We may have to go to £750k to get him but money well spent IMO. We don't have a player like him at the moment box to box player who defends in front of the back three. If Brookes turns in performances like he did last night then no need to get any more midfielders in after Leonard as we will have enough competition.

We seem to be putting a lot of money towards getting Lenighan in at CB, if rumours are to be believed, talk of bids of £1.5 million plus going in. Interesting CW still looking for 1 more up top. A player with pace has to be on the shopping list and yes a back up keeper is crucial. Seems we've had to wait for the Maguire, Walker and Murphy money to be confirmed before we started pushing the financial boat out so more Aldi now than Netto shopping.

I thought Aldi was superior to Netto? No?

boltonblade
19-07-2017, 12:54 PM
That's what he's saying aint it? #confused

Striker with pace is important in this league!

boltonblade
19-07-2017, 12:58 PM
What would you consider decent money mi owd? We definately need another keeper also.UTCB
Minimum £50 million...

I'll rephrase....i want a quality replacement fro basham. He's destined to be the new monty scapegoat for us in this league...

BlockD
19-07-2017, 01:01 PM
Minimum £50 million...

I'll rephrase....i want a quality replacement fro basham. He's destined to be the new monty scapegoat for us in this league...

You mean the Basham who only yesterday signed a new 2 year contract,and now you want him replaced?

Carpe_diem
19-07-2017, 01:03 PM
He would have to be more than decent if he is to replace either Fleck or Coutts

For me it's about building strength in depth and not leaving ourselves open if someone gets injured or banned. Sooner that for me than replace the whole squad.

BlockD
19-07-2017, 01:08 PM
For me it's about building strength in depth and not leaving ourselves open if someone gets injured or banned. Sooner that for me than replace the whole squad.

I agree,thats why we are being linked with Leonard,who even if he signs,i couldnt see dislodging Fleck or Coutts unless there is an injury or loss of form,but he must feel once he is given a chance would really flourish in our team/system

GrayBlade
19-07-2017, 01:33 PM

Interesting.

There's a first time for everything I suppose.

boltonblade
19-07-2017, 01:40 PM
You mean the Basham who only yesterday signed a new 2 year contract,and now you want him replaced?

Contracts mean nothing. Basham had a really good spell last year in league one i'll give him that. I hope im wrong but he's our main utility player and that's concerning for me in this league. He's got championship experience but i don't think he has the quality. He's a work horse but lacks real intelligence on the field for me.

Holden_C
19-07-2017, 01:46 PM
If that's from the BBC I haven't seen where he says he'll spend it. He says if it's made avaiable to him, IF.

Now be written in stone he was promised the money then McCabe reneged on it.

BlockD
19-07-2017, 01:47 PM
Contracts mean nothing. Basham had a really good spell last year in league one i'll give him that. I hope im wrong but he's our main utility player and that's concerning for me in this league. He's got championship experience but i don't think he has the quality. He's a work horse but lacks real intelligence on the field for me.

Can you give us a name of a utility player we can sign and will not leave you feeling underwhelmed?

sharrowboy2
19-07-2017, 01:57 PM
CM in CW's mind at the moment is Leonard. We may have to go to £750k to get him but money well spent IMO. We don't have a player like him at the moment box to box player who defends in front of the back three. If Brookes turns in performances like he did last night then no need to get any more midfielders in after Leonard as we will have enough competition.

We seem to be putting a lot of money towards getting Lenighan in at CB, if rumours are to be believed, talk of bids of £1.5 million plus going in. Interesting CW still looking for 1 more up top. A player with pace has to be on the shopping list and yes a back up keeper is crucial. Seems we've had to wait for the Maguire, Walker and Murphy money to be confirmed before we started pushing the financial boat out so more Aldi now than Netto shopping.

Netto is grim! Have you ever tried an Aldi £5.29 fillet steak? Twice what you'll find in Tesco/Sainsbury! Netto is down there with Farm Foods!

BlockD
19-07-2017, 01:58 PM

shorehamoldboy
19-07-2017, 05:50 PM
yeah still think chris wants 4 more players in must be very keen on lenighan if hes prepared to go to that price and im certain he plans to bring another striker in with leonard and another keeper the other 2

almostsignedmaradona
19-07-2017, 08:55 PM

Interesting.

Misleading comments from the OP.

If you listen to last nights interview Wilder says he'd like to spend the Walker windfall.
He was asked directly if the money was available to spend and he says he isn't sure what money would be made available.
However even if the money was available he's probably best advised not to admit it otherwise clubs would demand more thinking we're rich.

boltonblade
20-07-2017, 07:41 AM
Misleading comments from the OP.

If you listen to last nights interview Wilder says he'd like to spend the Walker windfall.
He was asked directly if the money was available to spend and he says he isn't sure what money would be made available.
However even if the money was available he's probably best advised not to admit it otherwise clubs would demand more thinking we're rich.

Not misleading at all.....

BBC headline reads "Blades to re-invest"

Subsequent article that follows concludes Chris Wilder will "try to spend" the money wisely to improve the squad.

If theres a separate interview then i havnt heard it...

He's only discussing the money from the sell on fees so i struggle to understand your point. If the money wasn't available to him he would have said...the money isn't available from the deals.

RavBlade
20-07-2017, 07:50 AM

Subsequent article that follows concludes Chris Wilder will "try to spend" the money wisely to improve the squad.

He's only discussing the money from the sell on fees so i struggle to understand your point. If the money wasn't available to him he would have said...the money isn't available from the deals.

A quote from a BBC article must be right eh :rolleyes:

boltonblade
20-07-2017, 08:59 AM
A quote from a BBC article must be right eh :rolleyes:

Zzzzzzzzz

Holden_C
20-07-2017, 09:08 AM

""The Championship is a hell of a tough division, so any money that can be made available to myself, I'll try to spend it and use it wisely on additions to make us better."

He doesn't say anywhere that all the money will be given to him.

Ayamonteblade
20-07-2017, 11:14 AM

Great photo :D.......happy we have money to spend, but not convinced we need to spend it all at once.......too many new players will just disrupt things at this stage. Wait and see what we really need IMHO

BlockD
20-07-2017, 11:17 AM
Great photo :D.......happy we have money to spend, but not convinced we need to spend it all at once.......too many new players will just disrupt things at this stage. Wait and see what we really need IMHO

I had to laugh yesterday,underwhelmed was wanting Basham replaced,the day after signing his new 2 year contract!!!

Ayamonteblade
20-07-2017, 12:03 PM
I had to laugh yesterday,underwhelmed was wanting Basham replaced,the day after signing his new 2 year contract!!!

who's underwhelmed?

BlockD
20-07-2017, 12:06 PM
who's underwhelmed?

Bolton

boltonblade
20-07-2017, 12:12 PM
Bolton

I reckon I've been called worse things...

Ayamonteblade
20-07-2017, 12:14 PM
I reckon I've been called worse things...

that's almost a compliment on this site :D

boltonblade
20-07-2017, 12:16 PM
that's almost a compliment on this site :D
Aye i know....

bulmer1889
20-07-2017, 02:11 PM
Bugger I've just said on the brooks thread how underwhelmed I was with Thomas :s

sharrowboy2
20-07-2017, 03:44 PM
The danger is always (a) bringing too many new players in at once (b) bringing in a "marquee signing", on bigger wages. Both of these can unsettle a squad, understandably. You appear to have a reasonably well balanced squad, Wilder appears wise and I'd assume he'd want to see where things are in January. You should land the Oxford (captain?) and the Southend fella, that's £1m gone.

BlockD
20-07-2017, 04:11 PM
Bugger I've just said on the brooks thread how underwhelmed I was with Thomas :s

Tut,tut

Blade for Life
20-07-2017, 04:50 PM
Sounds like we are investing in Lundstram, according to the Oxford manager (if SBT could spell check that for me).