PDA

View Full Version : Any Update of Andre Grey's Transfer Situation??

Deadlydave
19-07-2017, 08:07 PM
It all seems to have gone very quiet about Grey's transfer position at present. Does any one have any insights into what is going on? If he is too leave; then any thought on who we go for to replace him since the last striker we were linked with has gone to Middlesbrough?

oldcolner
19-07-2017, 08:21 PM
There has been nothing recent other than 80% of Hammers fans not wanting him. Only one bookie offering odds on him going with West Ham ahead of Everton.
I suspect he is going nowhere and needs to refocus on staying and fitting in with new players and showing why he is worth the £70k wage he wants.

There is talk of us being interested in Brentford's Jota with four other clubs, but it's been running for a few weeks.

Deadlydave
19-07-2017, 11:02 PM
Thanks for the update Oldcolner.

The Bedlington Terrier
20-07-2017, 06:42 AM
In the absence of any firm offers, affirmative (or otherwise) comments from either SD or Gray, we must assume he is with us for quite a while yet?

oldcolner
20-07-2017, 07:30 AM
Transfermarkt
RECENT RUMOURS suggest Everton more likely, but haven't heard of them for weeks.

Interested club Probability
West Ham United West Ham United 53 %
Newcastle United Newcastle United 40 %
Everton FC Everton FC. 60%

It says we paid £10.5M and he is worth £8.5M now.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/andre-gray/profil/spieler/120565

Assombolonga was rated at £4.2 M and went for £15M with three or four years contract left - Gray has only one year left though.

oldcolner
20-07-2017, 07:31 AM
In the absence of any firm offers, affirmative (or otherwise) comments from either SD or Gray, we must assume he is with us for quite a while yet?

Well 11 months at least! ;D

In Dyche We Trust
20-07-2017, 07:56 AM
Maybe he is not as good as he or his agent thinks he is- Burnley will be happy to keep him for another season and if he helps keeps us in the Premier League again- let him go for free with our blessing.

oldcolner
20-07-2017, 08:31 AM
Maybe he is not as good as he or his agent thinks he is- Burnley will be happy to keep him for another season and if he helps keeps us in the Premier League again- let him go for free with our blessing.

Yes he cost £10m, helped us win £200m maybe £300m with luck - I'd say that was reasonable business, but maybe his best offer will be here!

The Bedlington Terrier
20-07-2017, 08:58 AM
As long as he isn't sulking, just keep him! ;D

oldcolner
28-07-2017, 06:48 AM
Could this be Andre I wonder?
Koeman after last nights game

Everton boss Ronald Koeman: "It's always difficult against these kind of teams who drop back. We are not 100% yet, it is pre-season and it is a good result. We would like to score more, we had chances but every clean sheet in European football is a good result.

"When Sandro came on Wayne Rooney had more freedom and we had pace up front which made the team better. We know that we would like another striker, you normally need two nines in the squad. I am really confident that we can bring in a good one to make us better.

The Bedlington Terrier
28-07-2017, 07:12 AM
Ashley Fletcher has left the Irons for Middlesbrough and the word coming into my earpiece is that Burnley can expect a serious offer from Wet Spam sometime soon. :(

We will need to replace him unless young Danny is ready for the big time?

sinkov
28-07-2017, 07:12 AM
They picked up Sandro for £5m, on last night's showing that could be the bargain of the season, and it makes Andre seem a bit over priced at even £8m. At least it will to Everton anyway.

In Dyche We Trust
28-07-2017, 07:53 AM
He may as well stay, score a few goals to help us sit comfortably mid table and then scoot off in the January sales...

The Bedlington Terrier
28-07-2017, 08:18 AM
Gray uses the agent who is a big influence at Wolves. I'll bet my mortgage that he is instigating a move for Andre. It's payday!

oldcolner
29-07-2017, 09:39 PM
Gray uses the agent who is a big influence at Wolves. I'll bet my mortgage that he is instigating a move for Andre. It's payday!

Mirror says they will offer £20 M to bring him home

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/burnley-andre-gray-20m-wolves-10897213

thedonz
29-07-2017, 10:27 PM
Bet Gray can't wait to meet the Wolves manager.

Maybe a bit late in the day for the Burnley chairman and our normally slow motion recruitment team

Altobelli
29-07-2017, 10:57 PM
Mirror says they will offer £20 M to bring him home

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/burnley-andre-gray-20m-wolves-10897213

Hopefully that rag is on the ball :)

wmdave_b
29-07-2017, 11:22 PM
Sell sell sell, especially on most of todays showing.... A bit unfair but 20m and it's a no brainer with 12 months left.....

WillPark
29-07-2017, 11:55 PM
But who will score goals for us? Do you think we can get a good striker at this stage? Doesn't look like we are willing to pay a whole lot for one, and we're not really sending out signals that we're in this for the long run with the signings we've done so far. So the only kind of striker as I see it coming to the club will be one who sees it as a great opportunity to play in the PL. And that's not really what I think the club needs at this time.

The Bedlington Terrier
30-07-2017, 12:44 AM
£20 million would be a total no brainer. I have absolutely no idea who we could replace him with but with Vokes, Walters, Barnes and Agyei would we need to?

sinkov
30-07-2017, 12:44 AM
Hopefully that rag is on the ball :)

John Richardson piece Alto, normally one of the more reliable journos, I'd take more notice of him than a lot of them anyway. So I'm hopeful, and at £20m, FFS snatch their effing hand off.

Norder
30-07-2017, 12:54 AM
But who will score goals for us? Do you think we can get a good striker at this stage?....

Hi Will.

Well...If he stays - I'd have to believe...that amazingly, during the break, he'd fixed his head/foot communication errors. - but regardless, I sincerely hope we wouldn't rely on him to be a reliable goalscorer this time....as was a vacancy for that job last season....So would imagine - advances have already been made toward...and the names are ready to be announced....but just as usual - that nervous uncertainty slowly creeps....it's a pox, but at least not reached level pathetic - as of yet.

Cheers.

;D

The Bedlington Terrier
30-07-2017, 01:09 AM
Oumar Niasse from Everton is being mentioned but he is not our usual type of player which might not be a bad thing..?

oldcolner
30-07-2017, 07:46 AM
Will Andre want West Ham who seem to want him on the bench or will he drop back to championship in his home town to play regularly and presumably get is £70k a week
Will West Ham go to £20M or more for a bench player, now they have sold Fletcher.
Will Everton Newcastle or Spurs reignite their interest

The Bedlington Terrier
30-07-2017, 09:07 AM
TWENTY MILLION and he is gone! O:)

Primitive
30-07-2017, 09:47 AM
Gray won't want to drop back to the Championship. Non starter this one.

And if you lot think Gray is a poor PL striker, Oumar Niasse would make him look like Thierry Henry.

In Dyche We Trust
30-07-2017, 10:40 AM
If Wolves offer £100k a week- he will be off

sinkov
30-07-2017, 10:48 AM
He goes back home, he plays in a league where he KNOWS he can score 20 odd goals a season, and he doubles his wages. All that sun and sangria is going to your head Prim, if he gets the right offer from Wolves, he'll sign quicker than you can blink.

The Bedlington Terrier
30-07-2017, 11:17 AM
Gray won't want to drop back to the Championship. Non starter this one.

And if you lot think Gray is a poor PL striker, Oumar Niasse would make him look like Thierry Henry.

Niasse perked up a lot when he went to Hull. In fairness, he did not look that bad a player once he went east!

Might be worth remembering though that Gray is scoring for fun again. :D

The Bedlington Terrier
30-07-2017, 11:19 AM
He goes back home, he plays in a league where he KNOWS he can score 20 odd goals a season, and he doubles his wages. All that sun and sangria is going to your head Prim, if he gets the right offer from Wolves, he'll sign quicker than you can blink.

Wolves are a big club and I suppose if Gray's heart belongs at Molineux he will be gone. £20 million would be mighty hard to refuse!

army88
30-07-2017, 11:39 AM
Niasse perked up a lot when he went to Hull. In fairness, he did not look that bad a player once he went east!

Might be worth remembering though that Gray is scoring for fun again. :D

I'm not sure what we are after Bt , I mean in Grays defence first time in premier league 9 goals from limited appearances and limited service being honest .

I mean Vokes with 10 , Vardy 13, Giroud ,12 he's not exactly a million miles away --- can't understand why we all want rid.

The thing we know is it's unlikely that we will be signing a 20 million striker.. To guarantee us more goals.

Sometimes it's better the devil you know .

I've posted before he can't trap a bag of sand, but also that we never give him the service he needs so maybe he could get 15 goals for us if he can improve his weaknesses in the game and the team can supply him better opportunities.

Primitive
30-07-2017, 11:43 AM

Back home to reality now I'm afraid - remind me nearer the time for those recommendations, BT.

I doubt even Wolves would be daft enough to pay those sort of wages in the Championship and weren't some on here saying he wants to go to London?

The Bedlington Terrier
30-07-2017, 11:49 AM
Back home to reality now I'm afraid - remind me nearer the time for those recommendations, BT.

I doubt even Wolves would be daft enough to pay those sort of wages in the Championship and weren't some on here saying he wants to go to London?

His agent who is heavily involved at Wolves will no doubt be the influencing factor. The Wolves new owners are slinging s h i t loads at the chance of instant promotion. Interesting!

We are going to Ajebe in February and would appreciate your top three recommended locations, because we have not been there before!

The Bedlington Terrier
30-07-2017, 11:50 AM
Hate to ask the question but will we avoid the dreaded second season syndrome?

I think we will! :D

WillPark
30-07-2017, 12:18 PM
Gray has potential to score a lot of goals if he has the right mindset and the right service. If he thinks he's better off somewhere else, then sure I think we'll sell, but I hope he stays. I can not see us buying a better striker at this stage. If we bring in Clucas from Hull by throwing money at them, a couple of talented U23 players and a quality CB, my nerves will be more calmed for this season. :)

Altobelli
30-07-2017, 12:36 PM
Hello WillPark and welcome :)

WillPark
30-07-2017, 12:48 PM
Hello WillPark and welcome :)

Norder
30-07-2017, 02:54 PM
Oumar Niasse from Everton is being mentioned but he is not our usual type of player which might not be a bad thing..?

....he looks good - I like his leg movement....not obvious, that when with the ball, offers alternatives enough to unbalance the opposition, has good control, can dribble....thinks on the move and has large enough presence to add threat to a game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csr5dCCzgtA

;D

Altobelli
30-07-2017, 03:02 PM
He'll do for me, an instant better replacement for Gray :)

Primitive
30-07-2017, 03:59 PM
lol

Niasse would be a huge downgrade on Gray

The Bedlington Terrier
01-08-2017, 02:03 AM
lol

Niasse would be a huge downgrade on Gray

According to an awful lot of Burnley fans I know and their opinion of Gray, Niasse would have to be truly awful to be a "huge downgrade on Gray".

The stats seem to me to prove Gray is anything other than a goal scoring machine. If Wolves are serious about promotion, there is hardly anyone better to help them get there than Andre Gray.

Primitive
01-08-2017, 09:29 AM
According to an awful lot of Burnley fans I know and their opinion of Gray, Niasse would have to be truly awful to be a "huge downgrade on Gray".

That's because a lot of Burnley fans have unrealistic expectations for our players. I don't think Niasse is truly awful, but if he does replace Gray, I think a lot of people will be in for a big shock.

sinkov
01-08-2017, 01:38 PM
Just heard on SSN that Wolves have signed a striker, not sure who but it wasn't Andre Gray, just makes it even more likely he stays with us I suppose.

oldcolner
01-08-2017, 09:34 PM
Everton and Spurs want Demerai Gray
Wonder if names got mixed up?

sinkov
01-08-2017, 10:02 PM
That's because a lot of Burnley fans have unrealistic expectations for our players.

How do you know that, and how many's a lot ?

Primitive
01-08-2017, 10:21 PM
How do you know that, and how many's a lot ?

I know that from posts I read on here and the other place, from talking to Burnley fans and from BT's post that I quoted. You'd better ask him how many he means by a lot.

sinkov
01-08-2017, 10:28 PM
I know that from posts I read on here and the other place, from talking to Burnley fans and from BT's post that I quoted. You'd better ask him how many he means by a lot.

We have around 16,000 fans, no more than a few dozen post on msgboards, you might know a few others, but I'd suggest the truth is you have no idea what 99.9% of Burnley fans think.

Primitive
01-08-2017, 10:42 PM
We have around 16,000 fans, no more than a few dozen post on msgboards, you might know a few others, but I'd suggest the truth is you have no idea what 99.9% of Burnley fans think.

Fair enough. I was clearly referring to the lot of Burnley fans that BT mentioned. I don't think a lot has to mean a majority, most I speak to are fairly reasonable - yourself included, we just have different opinions on Gray's ability.

The Bedlington Terrier
02-08-2017, 01:59 AM
Just to elaborate on a matter of a pedantic nature. Pedantic seeming to be the new thing on here? :(

I have a personal network of customers, friends, work colleagues and Footymad associates who all either support or have an interest in Burnley Football Club. A "lot" of these people do not think Gray is technically good enough, "Can't trap a bag of cement" being the top derogatory comment.

I did not conduct a quantitative survey to discover fresh empirical evidence to prove Gray is either one thing or the other but a "lot" of the people I have mentioned do not think Gray is Premier League class. IMHO he is good enough to score at a ratio of 1:3 which is more than acceptable for me.

I hope this clears up the innocent use of the word a "lot"? :confused:

Primitive
02-08-2017, 11:11 AM
Looks like Niasse could be off to the South coast. Fingers crossed!

sinkov
02-08-2017, 11:12 AM
Fair enough. I was clearly referring to the lot of Burnley fans that BT mentioned. I don't think a lot has to mean a majority, most I speak to are fairly reasonable - yourself included, we just have different opinions on Gray's ability.

Cheers Prim, I accept your explanation. You weren't trying to speak for 16,000 of us. I was beginning to think you were clairvoyant. ;D

oldcolner
03-08-2017, 08:56 PM
Wolves still Interested by worried about FFP implications

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/08/03/report-wolves-wary-of-financial-fair-play-rules-amid-20m-demands/

oldcolner
03-08-2017, 08:59 PM
Newcastle told we want £20M and no cut price deal

https://nothingbutnewcastle.com/2017/08/blogs/gallowgate-gossip/burnley-rule-out-cut-price-gray-deal/

The Bedlington Terrier
03-08-2017, 09:07 PM
Newcastle told we want £20M and no cut price deal

https://nothingbutnewcastle.com/2017/08/blogs/gallowgate-gossip/burnley-rule-out-cut-price-gray-deal/

Watford are by all accounts now ready to stump up the required £20 million and have been in the Hornets' Dry Powder Room all day getting the Wonga ready...

sinkov
03-08-2017, 09:09 PM
According to Boden a couple of days ago, there's been no contact from Wolves regarding Gray. Doesn't mean they're not interested though.

sinkov
03-08-2017, 09:11 PM
Watford are by all accounts now ready to stump up the required £20 million and have been in the Hornets' Dry Powder Room all day getting the Wonga ready...

I'm always available if you need a driver BT.

The Bedlington Terrier
04-08-2017, 07:39 AM
All of a sudden sinkov, Gray seems to be completely out of favour with SD and it is likely we may need you to honour your offer...

We will provide you with the quicker one, so that you can be back in time for tea. B)

sinkov
04-08-2017, 07:53 AM
All of a sudden sinkov, Gray seems to be completely out of favour with SD and it is likely we may need you to honour your offer...

We will provide you with the quicker one, so that you can be back in time for tea. B)

On the M6 at tea time even that wouldn't get me back. I'll take some sandwiches and a flask.

Altobelli
04-08-2017, 09:58 AM
I'll take you in my vehicle Sinkov

oldcolner
08-08-2017, 10:58 AM
Hammers knocked off by£20M asking price, Spurs monitoring him whatever that means after a disappointing transfer window so far.

sinkov
08-08-2017, 12:18 PM
I'll take you in my vehicle Sinkov

Fine by me Alto, somehow I think our resident Big Time Charlie might not be so keen.

oldcolner
08-08-2017, 03:36 PM
New Watford manager Marco Silva is looking to add more firepower before the weekend, and Mirror Sport understands the Hornets have had TWO bids for 26-year-old Gray rejected by the Clarets.

Although their first offer of around £8m was rejected out of hand, Watford believe they could yet thrash out a cut-price deal for Gray because the former Luton striker is in the last year of his contract at Turf Moor.

£8M - a joke

Turfmoorspirit
08-08-2017, 03:46 PM
New Watford manager Marco Silva is looking to add more firepower before the weekend, and Mirror Sport understands the Hornets have had TWO bids for 26-year-old Gray rejected by the Clarets.

Although their first offer of around £8m was rejected out of hand, Watford believe they could yet thrash out a cut-price deal for Gray because the former Luton striker is in the last year of his contract at Turf Moor.

£8M - a joke https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xpzyk8Uo3E..;D

The Bedlington Terrier
08-08-2017, 04:52 PM
Hey Ho Silva away!

thedonz
08-08-2017, 06:14 PM
Does anyone else think Burnley FC deserve such apparently low bids. Touche.

The Bedlington Terrier
08-08-2017, 06:42 PM
Does anyone else think Burnley FC deserve such apparently low bids. Touche.

They will eventually come round to our way of thinking.

sinkov
08-08-2017, 08:58 PM
I think I know how we could do a deal with Watford, £10m with an add on, £1m for every PL goal he scores above 10. If he can't score 10, he's not worth a penny above £10m anyway, if they get a 15 goal striker we get £15m and they've got a bargain, if they get a 20 goal striker we get £20m, and they've hit the jackpot.

Seems fair enough to me, win-win for both clubs, what's not to like ? Anyone got Sean's number, might be a bit of comms in this for me.

alfinyalcabo
08-08-2017, 09:53 PM
If he could control his first touch then he might be worth a couple of million..

The Bedlington Terrier
09-08-2017, 05:50 AM
If he could control his first touch then he might be worth a couple of million..

This "lack of first touch bollox" is just that! Gray's biggest problem is that in the Premier League he is just not intelligent enough footie wise to play off the shoulder of top notch defenders.

The number of times he is caught offside is ridiculous. If Defour is a regular starter it would help Gray because Defour plays the ball early and Gray is away. Unfortunately, I think the apparently out of favour Gray is destined for an imminent move away from Turf Moor.

Then we will quickly see if Garlick is true to his word! God help him on here if he isn't! The "lack of investment brigade" will have a field day.

thedonz
09-08-2017, 07:16 AM
How much truth is there in the Daily Mirror story Gray is going to have a medical at Watford?

Is another green Claret on his way, in Shane Long?

The Bedlington Terrier
09-08-2017, 07:28 AM
How much truth is there in the Daily Mirror story Gray is going to have a medical at Watford?

Is another green Claret on his way, in Shane Long?

Not heard about this rumour donzy but it would work for me!

sinkov
09-08-2017, 07:32 AM
I agree with both Alfie and BT, I watch a lot of non league football and I can confirm his first touch is appalling even by those standards, he's also caught offside far too often and never seems to learn. Last season he scored a hat trick against relegated Sunderland, two penalties, and just 4 goals from open play against the rest of the league, yet some think this is a reasonable return, no idea why, it seems piss poor to me.

Anyway all that apart, he's surely worth £20m of anyone's money.

The Bedlington Terrier
09-08-2017, 07:41 AM
I agree with both Alfie and BT, I watch a lot of non league football and I can confirm his first touch is appalling even by those standards, he's also caught offside far too often and never seems to learn. Last season he scored a hat trick against relegated Sunderland, two penalties, and just 4 goals from open play against the rest of the league, yet some think this is a reasonable return, no idea why, it seems piss poor to me.

Anyway all that apart, he's surely worth £20m of anyone's money.

Lol! Just ripped him to shreds and then want £20 million? Damned right! :D

oldcolner
09-08-2017, 07:41 AM
BBC say
Watford are close to agreeing a deal - thought to be worth about £18.5m - to sign Burnley striker Andre Gray.

The Hornets have already had two bids rejected for the 26-year-old, who is in the last 12 months of his contract.

sinkov
09-08-2017, 07:59 AM
BBC say
Watford are close to agreeing a deal - thought to be worth about £18.5m - to sign Burnley striker Andre Gray.

The Hornets have already had two bids rejected for the 26-year-old, who is in the last 12 months of his contract.

If we pull this one off that's close on £50m in two months for players who cost us around £10m. We might get some wrong but FFS, whoever was responsible for signing Keane and Gray hit the jackpot for us and no mistake.

blueheeler1
09-08-2017, 09:46 AM
If we pull this one off that's close on £50m in two months for players who cost us around £10m. We might get some wrong but FFS, whoever was responsible for signing Keane and Gray hit the jackpot for us and no mistake.

And the player to replace Gray with just a few days before the first game is....?

army88
09-08-2017, 10:09 AM
And the player to replace Gray with just a few days before the first game is....?

There lies the question blue heeler.

I know there is time left but I would have liked to be starting the season with a settled squad
Not adding to it 3 weeks in.
It's inevitable I know but I do feel we could have been better at the recruiting players,
There is the Uk , Europe and beyond with literally hundreds of
players wanting a chance in our league, and we seem like we just can't find any.
We must be fishing in a very small specific pool, small wages - brilliant work ethic -- no big time Charlie
For fear of up setting some other players in our dressing room.
We really do take the Micheal some times ---

army88
09-08-2017, 10:27 AM
This "lack of first touch bollox" is just that! Gray's biggest problem is that in the Premier League he is just not intelligent enough footie wise to play off the shoulder of top notch defenders.

The number of times he is caught offside is ridiculous. If Defour is a regular starter it would help Gray because Defour plays the ball early and Gray is away. Unfortunately, I think the apparently out of favour Gray is destined for an imminent move away from Turf Moor.

Then we will quickly see if Garlick is true to his word! God help him on here if he isn't! The "lack of investment brigade" will have a field day.

Hope your right Bt --- I mean how bad would it be if he scores a lot of goals
For a team that creates them for him.
Sold for 18.5 million and in 6 months worth 40 million plus.
We'd be gutted , personally for me his touch is poor but we never or very rarely feed him
The slide rule pass inside centre back s and full. Backs he so needed.
Away at palace from Boyd last recollection of the correct ball he needed.
I'm going to hold judgement on Gray a while , see what an attacking manager and team do for him.

blueheeler1
09-08-2017, 10:40 AM
There lies the question blue heeler.

I know there is time left but I would have liked to be starting the season with a settled squad
Not adding to it 3 weeks in.
It's inevitable I know but I do feel we could have been better at the recruiting players,
There is the Uk , Europe and beyond with literally hundreds of
players wanting a chance in our league, and we seem like we just can't find any.
We must be fishing in a very small specific pool, small wages - brilliant work ethic -- no big time Charlie
For fear of up setting some other players in our dressing room.
We really do take the Micheal some times ---

I agree.

What we seem to be after with what we have to offer severely limits (restricts?) us.

This situation has been going on for years so its nothing new but you would think that without any "new" PL money being spent so far this year and with us gaining well over 50M on players exiting there would be some wriggle room.

OK. We have brought in players that have cost us out of the transfer money but surely we could afford a decent striker?

In fact its not really an issue--get one or run the real risk of going down this year. It's that simple.

The Bedlington Terrier
09-08-2017, 10:46 AM
I would be totally happy if we replaced Gray with Shane Long as per Donzy's recommendation.

Burnley fielding two thirds of a full international side would do for me!

The Bedlington Terrier
09-08-2017, 10:54 AM
sinkov, it's taxi time...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/08/09/watford-agree-185m-deal-burnley-striker-andre-gray-could-make/

Away you go and remember to bring the bag back...

sinkov
09-08-2017, 11:38 AM

I'm not sure we need to replace him for the first game, as I doubt he'll be starting even if he stays. He'd lost his place in the starting eleven towards the back end of last season, Vokes scored four in our last three games, and we beat Celta Vigo playing Vokes as a lone striker with Hendrick pushing up to support him. We have options without Gray.

Of course we will need another striker, who he might be I've no idea, someone who can score more than four goals from open play against all but the bottom team in the division would be an improvement. We have a recruitment team and scouts, I'm sure they must have one or two on their radar, you'd hope so anyway.

sinkov
09-08-2017, 11:41 AM
sinkov, it's taxi time...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/08/09/watford-agree-185m-deal-burnley-striker-andre-gray-could-make/

Away you go and remember to bring the bag back...

I'm sat here waiting for the call BT, my diaries clear for the day, Mrs S. can make her own tea. Just give me the word !!!!

oldcolner
09-08-2017, 12:08 PM
Sky reporting £11.5M possibly rising to £18 M with player yet to agree terms and have a medical.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11686/10980716/watford-agree-deal-to-sign-andre-gray-from-burnley

My only concern is selling him to a team likely to be competing with us for staying up. Wonder if Deeney will go now to help our cause.

carrot_tony
09-08-2017, 02:25 PM
Not sorry to see him go but typical of our transfers in recent years. We need to hit the ground running and once again burnley are playing catch up.

Norder
09-08-2017, 02:32 PM
My only concern is selling him to a team likely to be competing with us for staying up.

no problem ....as if having him doesn't necessarily mean we're a serious rival - then losing him will make little difference...could even be to our benefit.

on the upside...am looking forward to seeing the "Quality" signing that'll replace him.

:D

army88
09-08-2017, 02:47 PM
no problem ....as if having him doesn't necessarily mean we're a serious rival - then losing him will make little difference...could even be to our benefit.

on the upside...am looking forward to seeing the "Quality" signing that'll replace him.

How many over 30s top goal scorers with premier league quality and
Experience can you name Norder. ( forgot about they are cheap and won't upset
The players and ethic etc in the changing room.

I have to say I'm a little worried now with this situation gathering pace

We should be better equipped, here's one for us all Vokes
I like and Walters I think will do a decent job, the likelihood of Barnes replicating last season is small for me just can't see it happening, were hardly prolific at that are we ? Add to that potential injuries and burn out it could be a loooong season

The Bedlington Terrier
09-08-2017, 02:49 PM

Nothing on the radar and the earpiece is quiet...but there's time yet!

sinkov
09-08-2017, 03:12 PM
Sky now saying one source says £11.5m with add ons, another source saying it's a flat £18m.

sinkov
09-08-2017, 03:44 PM
Sky now saying he's a Watford player, record fee of £18m. Nice bit of business, he gets us promoted, can't hack it in the PL, and we still double our money. Very nice.

oldcolner
09-08-2017, 04:03 PM
Mail says £18.5M and it coincides with a Gray Day in Hertfordshire.

One interesting nugget
The deal comes after it was revealed that Burnley manager Sean Dyche blocked Gray's girlfriend - Little Mix singer Leigh-Anne Pinnock - from sitting in the directors' box despite being invited on more than one occasion, because she was too famous.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4775542/Watford-sign-Andre-Gray-Burnley-18-5m.html#

Won't miss all the vain selfies or his LA-P dancer.

thedonz
09-08-2017, 04:11 PM
It might come back to bite us, but if that's the standard of player one of our rivals are buying I wont lose any sleep.

Again , Burnley Football Club go about their business quietly while they have been negotiating the sale of Gray. It was never going to be good business to let him run down his contract and risk his ambition and temperament making our survival battle even harder this season. A lesson learnt from Danny Ings below par performances and poor application during his last season.

sinkov
09-08-2017, 04:12 PM
Another non story, Dyche didn't want her to receive preferential treatment and asked that she sit with the other wags. And quite right too, why shouldn't she.

This sort of nonsense just makes me even happier we've seen the back of Big Time Charlie and his 'famous' girlfriend.

The Bedlington Terrier
09-08-2017, 04:40 PM
Another non story, Dyche didn't want her to receive preferential treatment and asked that she sit with the other wags. And quite right too, why shouldn't she.

This sort of nonsense just makes me even happier we've seen the back of Big Time Charlie and his 'famous' girlfriend.

Hear, hear sinkov...

alfinyalcabo
09-08-2017, 05:18 PM
Good riddance to the cont.. Well done to the board on a tremendous piece of management on getting rid of the homophobic git ..

oldcolner
09-08-2017, 05:30 PM
A move has been on the cards for some time and the striker is set to drastically increase his wage to around £70,000 a week.

Burnley have held talks over Napoli striker Duvan Zapata as a potential replacement.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4775542/Watford-sign-Andre-Gray-Burnley-18-5m.html#ixzz4pHQnGMjB

Duvan Zapata?.

oldcolner
09-08-2017, 05:33 PM
Watford had a good summer they think!

Gray and Richarlison follow Nathaniel Chalobah, Kiko Femenia, Will Hughes and Daniel Bachmann in arriving at Vicarage Road, while Tom Cleverley's loan move from Everton has been made permanent.

alfinyalcabo
09-08-2017, 05:39 PM
A move has been on the cards for some time and the striker is set to drastically increase his wage to around £70,000 a week.

Burnley have held talks over Napoli striker Duvan Zapata as a potential replacement.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4775542/Watford-sign-Andre-Gray-Burnley-18-5m.html#ixzz4pHQnGMjB

Duvan Zapata?.

Viva Zapata...

Norder
09-08-2017, 06:01 PM
How many over 30s top goal scorers with premier league quality and Experience can you name.... .
I have to say I'm a little worried now with this situation gathering pace
....were hardly prolific at that are we ? Add to that potential injuries and burn out it could be a loooong season

....perhaps our scouts - (or those that direct them) need to be reminded that there's a planet out there - with lots of countries and plenty of talent - that would jump at the chance to play in the Premier League.
So why do teams (mostly) screw around in the same tight area - no mixing it up - just pump the same names and faces....is it all about the money - the power....as when the boys grow into Big boys - they'll doubtless want to keep it - so could employ the use of controlled opposition - seen when decisions are made that make little sense - and excuses are given that dont seem logical....but are made difficult to recognise due to the lack of openness - and constant drip-drip of senseless information that's so hard to argue with because of a lack of facts - then if you follow....it's tough -you just have to run with it.
So I often wonder....if there's some creepy secret cabal at play.....manipulating the moves -- that's it's all some big phooked up wind-up...................but after all - Tis only a Game.

;D

oldcolner
09-08-2017, 06:13 PM
Brilliant dig at Andre in the clubs press release describing him as "the former England C international"

https://www.joe.co.uk/sport/people-reckon-burnley-took-a-dig-at-andre-gray-in-transfer-departure-statement-137249

sinkov
09-08-2017, 06:59 PM
Brilliant dig at Andre in the clubs press release describing him as "the former England C international"

What does the 'C' stand for I wonder ?

sinkov
09-08-2017, 07:13 PM

Duvan Zapata?.

26 yo Colombian. According to his agent he'd be an Everton player now if Napoli would see sense on the fee they've put on him. They want €30m, Everton won't pay it. Can't see us paying it either, and Sean isn't keen on these exotics, I think Belgian midfielders is as exotic as Sean wants to go.

oldcolner
09-08-2017, 07:29 PM
What does the 'C' stand for I wonder ?

I think it refers to Non League players.

sinkov
09-08-2017, 07:33 PM
I think it refers to Non League players.

That's a bit unfair, they're not all C***s are they.

thedonz
09-08-2017, 07:38 PM
I didn't realise Watford's signings have been so underwhelming OC.

The Bedlington Terrier
09-08-2017, 07:47 PM
It refers to non-league internationals. "C" Class. No love lost then?

oldcolner
09-08-2017, 08:47 PM
Nice message from Andre with no barbs

https://mobile.twitter.com/AndreGray7/status/895335396820660224/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.hertfordshiremercury.co.u k%2Fandre-gray-s-message-to-burnley-after-completing-watford-switch%2Fstory-30476471-detail%2Fstory.html

The Bedlington Terrier
09-08-2017, 08:53 PM
Not having it!

http://www.clarets-mad.co.uk/sean-dyche-and-the-burnley-way/9015609/

Altobelli
09-08-2017, 09:51 PM
That's the second link to Dyche, are you sure you are not shagging him ? :)

The Bedlington Terrier
10-08-2017, 06:15 AM
That's the second link to Dyche, are you sure you are not shagging him ? :)

"Tight knit" male groups do not always point towards feelings of homo***uality and "Man Love" Alto! :zzz: I just like to promote his cause because I really admire how he goes about his business!

Not for SD the media darlings interfering with how he runs his football team...

oldcolner
10-08-2017, 07:26 AM
Brentford have a 20 per cent sell-on fee from the transfer of two years ago so are set to profile to the tune of £1.9m.

Hope we have a sell on ... just in case.

If his salary is near £70 k will he be smiling in future!

sinkov
10-08-2017, 07:50 AM
Brentford have a 20 per cent sell-on fee from the transfer of two years ago so are set to profile to the tune of £1.9m.

Hope we have a sell on ... just in case.

If his salary is near £70 k will he be smiling in future!

He should be smiling now OC, he was earning more in a week at BFC than I ever earned in a year.

oldcolner
10-08-2017, 10:45 AM
This made me laugh - No better place than Watford - stretching credibility there, but I suppose it may be better for pies or Luton Airport or open to other suggestions.

His quote

"I feel like a new challenge came at the right time and there's no better place than Watford."

And Gray is desperate to prove his worth as a Watford player, labelling the club record fee as an inspiration, not a burden.

"Inspiration," he added. "Every player will tell you it's not down to them what the price is. It's down to me to jusfity that.

http://www.hertfordshiremercury.co.uk/new-watford-forward-andre-gray-admits-it-was-a-no-brainer-to-move-to-vicarage-road/story-30477043-detail/story.html#BLGuOfAC3UUBEdQp.99

oldcolner
10-08-2017, 10:47 AM
More than many folk and he was often sat on the bench, Sinkov :?

The Bedlington Terrier
10-08-2017, 01:07 PM
For the record, I am delighted Gray has left the building.

Sam Clucas is on his way to Burnley and two others are set to join and two others are about to be leaving soon.

It's all good!

In Dyche We Trust
10-08-2017, 01:09 PM
Just our luck Gray will only score 3 goals for Watford all season- all against us.

The Bedlington Terrier
10-08-2017, 01:15 PM
Mee will break his leg, apparently no love lost between those two!

Turfmoorspirit
10-08-2017, 03:14 PM
FFS ! We are at it again. :D .http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4778158/Burnley-5m-bid-Sam-Clucas-rejected-Hull.html

The Bedlington Terrier
10-08-2017, 03:26 PM
FFS ! We are at it again. :D .http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4778158/Burnley-5m-bid-Sam-Clucas-rejected-Hull.html

Opening bids TMS, opening bids!

Norder
10-08-2017, 03:40 PM
FFS ! We are at it again. :D . Burnley have £5m bid for Sam Clucas rejected by Hull as Sean Dyche looks to spend £18.5m Andre Gray cash
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4778158/Burnley-5m-bid-Sam-Clucas-rejected-Hull.html

....that's pathetic - spending the Gray money - not exactly in the Red are we !

...would have been well known that Gray was going to move - and even if he didn't - we still need players.

....season begins in a few days, but once more - are found wanting. Can only hope that Gray didn't/doesn't fix his inadequacies - as then we'd look even more hopeless - but then again....at this point, does it matter.

http://www.takeda.tv/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/slump2.jpg