PDA

View Full Version : Lundstram to sign?

blades58
19-07-2017, 09:08 PM
Looks like this one might be in the bag

BBC Oxford Sport‏ @bbcoxfordsport 14m
More
Oxford United captain John Lundstram left out of the squad tonight after a 'proposition' from Sheffield United.
5 replies . 15 retweets 7 likes

BBC Oxford Sport‏
@bbcoxfordsport
Follow
More
Pep Clotet will look at paperwork and deal could be finalised tomorrow. #oufc.

blades58
19-07-2017, 09:10 PM
George Welch @gwelchh
Pep Clotet tells us he expects John Lundstram's move to Sheffield United to be finalised tomorrow #oufc #sufc
10:04 PM - 19 Jul 2017

BlockD
19-07-2017, 09:12 PM
George Welch @gwelchh
Pep Clotet tells us he expects John Lundstram's move to Sheffield United to be finalised tomorrow #oufc #sufc
10:04 PM - 19 Jul 2017

Pep Clotet,is that a made up name?

blades58
19-07-2017, 09:13 PM
Pep Clotet,is that a made up name?

Aint he the new manager that's replaced Appleton, who p1ssed off to be Leicester's assistant to Shakespeare

boltonblade
19-07-2017, 09:52 PM
Looking likely now. Will be very disappointed if he's instead of Leonard who offers much more as an all round player, hope we are still in the hunt for him. Lundstram will be the one challenging for Coutts place.
Agree. Underwhelming to say the least. Building a squad with league one players looking to step up. Brilliant if it pays off. I'm sceptical. We need some proven experience. A midfield version of stearman.

blades58
19-07-2017, 10:01 PM
Agree. Underwhelming to say the least. Building a squad with league one players looking to step up. Brilliant if it pays off. I'm sceptical. We need some proven experience. A midfield version of stearman.

CW will no doubt be picking targets that he believes can make the step up and whilst that remains to be seen, CW has to be given the benefit of the doubt. He certainly has my support as he's been a revelation since his arrival

GrayBlade
19-07-2017, 10:48 PM

You say that you agree with LS&T, but surely Leonard would be a League One player looking to step up wouldn't he?

Mansfield_Blade
19-07-2017, 10:51 PM
It is my belief that every team is made up of players are are just right for this league, some who are actually better and should be in the leagues above and others who should be in the leagues below. The actual combination determines where the team finishes in the league, so a team may have one player who has the skill to play in a higher league but the fact that the other 10 should be playing in a lower league means that the team will get relegated. Surely it is far better to buy a league 1 player who is on league 1 wages who should be playing in the Championship rather than a Premier League player who is on Premier League wages but should be in the Championship. This is the difference between United and Wednesday, we are after the League 1 players who should be in the Championship and we are paying League 1 prices whereas Wednesday are paying Premier League prices for players who are no better.

CHIPBUTTYBLADE
20-07-2017, 01:00 AM
U's choose Lundstram as skipper
John Lundstram is the new captain of Oxford United.

The 22-year-old midfielder takes over the captain’s armband from Jake Wright and told us:

“I’m massively proud to be given the armband. I’ve captained teams in the youth set up for Everton and England and always enjoyed the responsibility. I think it helps my game in some ways but it’s also about the other lads around you. We have a lot of players who have been captains at other clubs and I’m sure when we all get out on the pitch we will all be looking to communicate and help each other.

“I’ve learnt a lot from Jake over the last year. People don’t see the other things he did around the club and the way he helped other people. I will definitely take that on board. I’m really looking forward to it now and can’t wait to lead the team out for the first time.”

Michael Appleton said

“Lunny is still only young but he is a natural leader and all the credentials you need to be a very good captain. I think we have a lot of strong characters in the squad who will all be important, but LUnny will wear the armband and be the skipper.”

BlockD
20-07-2017, 07:30 AM

rodcurrie
20-07-2017, 08:12 AM
Agree. Underwhelming to say the least. Building a squad with league one players looking to step up. Brilliant if it pays off. I'm sceptical. We need some proven experience. A midfield version of stearman.Perhaps you should change your user name to Underwhelmed BLADE mi owd.:) I'll wait until i've seen the lad a few times before i make a judgement but as always each to their own.UTCB

GrayBlade
20-07-2017, 08:26 AM
Forum rules.

"While we all like a bit of banter, please do not constantly instigate arguments by 'baiting'/'winding up' other members".

This is clearly a straightforward Blades thread mainly by posters who don't get into the arguments, and yet you're obviously trying to start one and disrupt it.

I assume Bully or JT will take the necessary action.

rodcurrie
20-07-2017, 08:35 AM
Pep Clotet,is that a made up name?Ex Leeds coach,when i first saw his name i thought he was called closet.UTCB

blades58
24-07-2017, 07:02 PM
Could the hold up be due to Brizzle City trying to hijack the deal?

Rumour on S2

seanbeanstattoo
24-07-2017, 07:33 PM
Penny pinching McCabe?

Blade for Life
24-07-2017, 07:44 PM
It's the Prince that promised the investment not McCabe, that is where the money should be coming from.

GrayBlade
24-07-2017, 08:02 PM
It's the Prince that promised the investment not McCabe, that is where the money should be coming from.

It doesn't matter where it comes from BFL, there's substantial guaranteed money coming over time in that won't have been budgeted for. There's no excuse not to back him and if this deal falls through as well, we need to ask why.

blades58
24-07-2017, 08:06 PM
It doesn't matter where it comes from BFL, there's substantial guaranteed money coming over time in that won't have been budgeted for. There's no excuse not to back him and if this deal falls through as well, we need to ask why.

If also true CW is getting p1ssed off, then the board need fkin

Relatively speaking, these are not high transfer fee targets, wtf are we messing about at ffs?

rodcurrie
24-07-2017, 08:11 PM
If also true CW is getting p1ssed off, then the board need fkin

Relatively speaking, these are not high transfer fee targets, wtf are we messing about at ffs? If the board are chuffin Tufty abart then there's no excuse for it,none at all.Come on King Kev&The Prince get the purse open,we cannot afford to wazz Tufty off,he's the best thing that's happened at BDBL for decades. UTCB

Blade for Life
24-07-2017, 08:13 PM
It doesn't matter where it comes from BFL, there's substantial guaranteed money coming over time in that won't have been budgeted for. There's no excuse not to back him and if this deal falls through as well, we need to ask why. No excuse at all I could not agree more Gray.

Ayamonteblade
25-07-2017, 10:07 AM
It is my belief that every team is made up of players are are just right for this league, some who are actually better and should be in the leagues above and others who should be in the leagues below. The actual combination determines where the team finishes in the league, so a team may have one player who has the skill to play in a higher league but the fact that the other 10 should be playing in a lower league means that the team will get relegated. Surely it is far better to buy a league 1 player who is on league 1 wages who should be playing in the Championship rather than a Premier League player who is on Premier League wages but should be in the Championship. This is the difference between United and Wednesday, we are after the League 1 players who should be in the Championship and we are paying League 1 prices whereas Wednesday are paying Premier League prices for players who are no better.

I had to read this 3 times to make sense of it - but I do agree with you Mansfield :D ....are you a scientist by any chance?