PDA

View Full Version : Ins and Outs

CLIVETHELEEDSFAN
19-07-2017, 09:15 PM
Ins = Wiedwald Jansson (Pennington loan) Anita Klich Sacko Gomes Alioski Ekuban

Outs = Silvestri (Coyle loan) Taylor Bellusci (Murphy loan) diagouraga Botaka Erwin

This is to my knowledge but I could be wrong

Squad numbers wise is fairly balanced but position wise is certainly not, would hope for another left back, a centreback and maybe another striker, then we would have to consider getting rid permanently or loaning out a couple more fringe players

Whatcha reckon folks?

WTF11
21-07-2017, 02:41 PM
And more "ins" for the U23 squad;

Balboa, Siddiki,

No idea what they are like, could be the next Messi, but FFS what does this say about the intention of the club to invest in English talent?

We bring on the likes of Cook, Byram, Taylor (yes, toe-rag, but still an Academy product), Philips, etc etc, and then we switch to being an outreach project of the Spanish national side?

National teams aren't my favourite subject, but if clubs aren't going to develop those who hail from these shores (and every indication is that they aren't), instead hoovering up cheap bulk from 3rd world countries to provide feedstock for the professional leagues, then why do we bother to have a national side?

spaldy
21-07-2017, 02:53 PM
I don't particularly care for International football and don't follow it. However, with that being said even I know that England has sucked for years and years. Not sure why anyone would want an "English only" team in today's day and age. You could substitute any country and still end up with a team not as good as you'd get if you assembled the best that you could get regardless of country.

However, since you brought it up you had your wish a while back when Bates owned us. We were pretty much an English player dominated club. In case you missed it we were in League 1 and needed a miracle goal by Beckford to win automatic promotion. I think the year we were promoted a club won the prem with 3 English players.

You theory also does not hold up when you look at the worlds best clubs now. they are are compilations of the best players they can find without regard to where they are from. Enlgish players also tend to be overpaid when viewed in totality of the world's football talent pool.

I'll stick with the owner getting the best players he can regardless if they can play England or not.

You might be better off supporting a conference club. I think they are almost all English players.

Rev72
21-07-2017, 03:00 PM
Very happy with the way the squad is shaping up..looking forward to the new season..just hope it all clicks and get off to a cracking start..some very tasty games to come..bring it on!

MOT ALAW

espaņablanco73
21-07-2017, 03:36 PM
the number 16 had a cracking game against Moenchengladbach.

WTF11
21-07-2017, 04:25 PM
I don't particularly care for International football and don't follow it. However, with that being said even I know that England has sucked for years and years. Not sure why anyone would want an "English only" team in today's day and age. You could substitute any country and still end up with a team not as good as you'd get if you assembled the best that you could get regardless of country.

However, since you brought it up you had your wish a while back when Bates owned us. We were pretty much an English player dominated club. In case you missed it we were in League 1 and needed a miracle goal by Beckford to win automatic promotion. I think the year we were promoted a club won the prem with 3 English players.

You theory also does not hold up when you look at the worlds best clubs now. they are are compilations of the best players they can find without regard to where they are from. Enlgish players also tend to be overpaid when viewed in totality of the world's football talent pool.

I'll stick with the owner getting the best players he can regardless if they can play England or not.

You might be better off supporting a conference club. I think they are almost all English players.

Not sure what "theory" you think I have? I have a preference for a team that has at least a smattering of players whos first language is English, no matter where they might have as an ethnic background.

As for performances, we played with a squad made up of a reasonably balanced mix of nationalities last season, didn't turn out that bad, did it?

We batter the likes of Scum, Sh1tty, Chelsfield for their plastic fans and teams constructed via a chequebook rather, then we celebrate (almost to the point of delerium) when the club recruits what, 9 of the 11 newcomers as foreign players at all levels.

I asked what the introduction of the U23s said about the intention to invest in Academy products, no answer came the deafening response (or more accurately, don't care).

CLIVETHELEEDSFAN
21-07-2017, 04:47 PM
I'd love it if our squad was made up solely of English or at least British academy graduates but at the moment it ain't happening

Of those still playing, Carson byram Taylor lees ? Lennon rose milner Delph ? ?, you see you couldn't even do a quality full first 11, we ain't brought through a good striker since Alan Smith, Matt kilgallon was a decent center back but finds himself in league one, other half decent players include howson and cook, so maybe with that 11 you could fashion a decent lineup, the likes of milner and howson did start as strikers as kids, Delph has the pace to get by people, who knows, anyway, it seems the game is changing rapidly, English players will become a thing of the past at this rate

Silentman
21-07-2017, 05:24 PM
I think you are missing WTF's point here, it's not about whether our squad should be English or not per se, but a comment on the prospects for our national team if we aren't investing in home grown talent through our academy; we are following in the footsteps of other big teams in importing our talent and I don't see how anyone can think that is a good thing? If we don't take collective action to address the problem then we are only going to get worse at national level. In any case isn't there a rule about having to have a certain amount of home grown talent in the squad (is that a Prem thing?). News today of another Spaniard to oversee the u23 squad does nothing to convince me that we have any intention whatsoever of nurturing home grown talent from grass roots.

pilgrimwhite
21-07-2017, 06:17 PM
seem to remember the English kids doing ok in recent tournaments, don't really care for international football Club before Country for me

that Siddiki kid looks promising on you tube O:)

WTF11
21-07-2017, 06:23 PM
I think you are missing WTF's point here, it's not about whether our squad should be English or not per se, but a comment on the prospects for our national team if we aren't investing in home grown talent through our academy; we are following in the footsteps of other big teams in importing our talent and I don't see how anyone can think that is a good thing? If we don't take collective action to address the problem then we are only going to get worse at national level. In any case isn't there a rule about having to have a certain amount of home grown talent in the squad (is that a Prem thing?). News today of another Spaniard to oversee the u23 squad does nothing to convince me that we have any intention whatsoever of nurturing home grown talent from grass roots.

Thanks, and yes, that was my point, but I know I've pi55ed people off before so knee-jerk reactions are understandable.

WTF11
21-07-2017, 06:25 PM
seem to remember the English kids doing ok in recent tournaments, don't really care for international football Club before Country for me

that Siddiki kid looks promising on you tube O:)

And there I was saying much the same, club before country, when Jansson and Wood go off to international duty and I got roundly beaten up by others who post here saying how good it is for players to take pride in wanting to play for the national squad. Can't have it both ways.

pilgrimwhite
21-07-2017, 06:38 PM
And there I was saying much the same, club before country, when Jansson and Wood go off to international duty and I got roundly beaten up by others who post here saying how good it is for players to take pride in wanting to play for the national squad. Can't have it both ways.

hate our lads being called up always a risk we could lose them through injury playing in meaningless games

WTF11
21-07-2017, 06:41 PM
hate our lads being called up always a risk we could lose them through injury playing in meaningless games

My point exactly, didn't stop WS and others getting very bent out of shape when I said as much. Hey ho.

Billyni
21-07-2017, 07:44 PM
Im quite proud to see a player from the team i support playing for my country. It means he's playing well for his club in order to get picked for his country. But probably club should take priority.

Billyni
21-07-2017, 07:53 PM
And more "ins" for the U23 squad;

Balboa, Siddiki,

No idea what they are like, could be the next Messi, but FFS what does this say about the intention of the club to invest in English talent?

We bring on the likes of Cook, Byram, Taylor (yes, toe-rag, but still an Academy product), Philips, etc etc, and then we switch to being an outreach project of the Spanish national side?

National teams aren't my favourite subject, but if clubs aren't going to develop those who hail from these shores (and every indication is that they aren't), instead hoovering up cheap bulk from 3rd world countries to provide feedstock for the professional leagues, then why do we bother to have a national side?

The owner seems to be building for the future (which is new territory for Leeds) and being Italian, do you think he gives a flying fu ck about the English national team.
If there are good home grown kids comming through the academy, then they will get the same chance as the kids which are shipped in.

CLIVETHELEEDSFAN
21-07-2017, 07:53 PM
Thing is, the best players get international callups, and if we want to be half decent then we need as good a player as we can get, we could have a good squad all uncapped, but would it be good enough? Depends on what course they they're from i suppose

WTF11
21-07-2017, 08:42 PM
The owner seems to be building for the future (which is new territory for Leeds) and being Italian, do you think he gives a flying fu ck about the English national team.
If there are good home grown kids comming through the academy, then they will get the same chance as the kids which are shipped in.

No he probably doesn't, but I suspect that the majority of the 30k plus fans who go to ER each week might.

Billyni
21-07-2017, 09:09 PM
No he probably doesn't, but I suspect that the majority of the 30k plus fans who go to ER each week might.

The 30k plus will be happy enough if Leeds are winning regardless how many nationalitys are in the team. Club before country, remember.

CLIVETHELEEDSFAN
21-07-2017, 10:12 PM
Germany England Switzerland Sweden Scotland Macedonia France Holland Poland Ghana New Zealand Northern Ireland Republic of Ireland Spain are all in our current squad, it's as international as it's ever been

WTF11
21-07-2017, 10:30 PM
The 30k plus will be happy enough if Leeds are winning regardless how many nationalitys are in the team. Club before country, remember.

Speak for yourself, not on my behalf thank you very much.

WTF11
21-07-2017, 10:33 PM

Used to be the case that Leeds were special, different to all those who sold out simply to get ahead, seems were not that different after all,😝

WTF11
21-07-2017, 10:38 PM
Germany England Switzerland Sweden Scotland Macedonia France Holland Poland Ghana New Zealand Northern Ireland Republic of Ireland Spain are all in our current squad, it's as international as it's ever been

14 nations, squad of 18, English representation 1 in how many?

Why do any of us support Leeds, when 90% of the players don't even speak English as a first language? Something wrong somewhere. 😣

CLIVETHELEEDSFAN
21-07-2017, 10:42 PM
Currently green BPF ayling Coyle Denton Cooper Phillips Vieira bridcutt Okane dallas and wood all speak English as their first language, that's almost half our squad

WTF11
22-07-2017, 07:57 AM
Currently green BPF ayling Coyle Denton Cooper Phillips Vieira bridcutt Okane dallas and wood all speak English as their first language, that's almost half our squad

From last season. Even then, how many games did they play between them, compared to those from other parts of the world? And how many would you expect this season, given that we have how many 8 - 9 new foreign players and not one new senior player who is English.

lasher
22-07-2017, 09:50 AM
WTF does have a point. Foreign players are to be expected these days but aren't we overdoing it !?
I'm hopeful one or two will do ok but the rest we will be stuck with for a while. I'm still hoping I'm wrong rather than having confidence in how we are doing things.

espaņablanco73
22-07-2017, 11:03 AM
Not sure what "theory" you think I have? I have a preference for a team that has at least a smattering of players whos first language is English, no matter where they might have as an ethnic background.

As for performances, we played with a squad made up of a reasonably balanced mix of nationalities last season, didn't turn out that bad, did it?

We batter the likes of Scum, Sh1tty, Chelsfield for their plastic fans and teams constructed via a chequebook rather, then we celebrate (almost to the point of delerium) when the club recruits what, 9 of the 11 newcomers as foreign players at all levels.

I asked what the introduction of the U23s said about the intention to invest in Academy products, no answer came the deafening response (or more accurately, don't care).

"I have a preference for a team that has at least a smattering of players whos first language is English"

What ****in relevence does this have???
My missus is Spanish, Fluent in English, Greek and italian, and she can get by in a few languages more as i can also. What knowledge do you have personally about what languages our new players are fluent in?
Really, just rediculous!
I mean, to begin with, surely they could get by with "pass the ball Sackho you greedy C@nt!"

jimmybn
22-07-2017, 12:06 PM
"I have a preference for a team that has at least a smattering of players whos first language is English"

My missus is Spanish, Fluent in English, Greek and italian, and she can get by in a few languages more as i can also. What knowledge do you have personally about what languages our new players are fluent in?
Really, just rediculous!
I mean, to begin with, surely they could get by with "pass the ball Sackho you greedy C@nt!"

He's just a sad git with nothing to do other than troll this site . He should try getting a job or something . Maybe he could do with abit of in/out himself to distract from the petty daily bile he spues up

WTF11
22-07-2017, 12:20 PM
He's just a sad git with nothing to do other than troll this site . He should try getting a job or something . Maybe he could do with abit of in/out himself to distract from the petty daily bile he spues up

Pan, kettle, black, springs to mind.

Not one of you has the intelligence to actually respond to the issue, just dewy-eyed fawning gratitude that the club is bringing in new players, no matter who they are, where they come from, nor what it says about the clubs intentions for the future.

WTF11
22-07-2017, 12:24 PM

Really, just rediculous!

Lucky you having such a linguistically gifted lady!

That wasn't the point and you know it, just easy to pick and choose the bits of a post that are easy to respond to with "humorous" ripostes.

How about you try picking holes in the retail of that post, give you something to do for a while?

LeedsFTW
22-07-2017, 04:32 PM
Should always be a case of being chosen on ability instead of race. If the locals aren't making the grade or are being poached by others clubs, then of course the club are going to have to look further a field.

The F.A has simply taken to long to invest in grass roots football and it's only in the last couple of years they have taken it seriously.

Tichi1
22-07-2017, 05:25 PM
Pan, kettle, black, springs to mind.

Not one of you has the intelligence to actually respond to the issue, just dewy-eyed fawning gratitude that the club is bringing in new players, no matter who they are, where they come from, nor what it says about the clubs intentions for the future.

Listen you smug patronising knobhead, Where do you get that [Apart from us all being not intelligent enough to respond to your boring , racist rubbish] we're all dewy-eyed and fawning about anything? not seen any of that, have seen a few people saying positive things about the new set up and the fact that we have retained the core of last season's squad, and added significantly to it - and haven't finished yet by all accounts.
Most thought last season was a successful one though Monk only seemed to have a plan "A" and it was recognised that we had a small squad, well from where I am these issues look to be being addressed - could be the case - may be proved wrong - but for f ucks sake lets see them all in action before slagging every fecking thing that has happend since the buyback of the club.

I don't think you are a troll - just a sad moaning fecker that just never seems happy and never lets anything drop.
Whatever "News" hits this site - sure as eggs are eggs - we all know that you will pop in to have a whinge or a moan - like death and taxes.

BORING AS F ECK::heart:

ps - Used to be just me slagging you off - seems you've got no one - apart from Silentmoan on your side anymore.

espaņablanco73
22-07-2017, 05:32 PM
heres a thought also, supposedly the clubs getting it all wrong yeah? Name one 1st team player from our "successful" side of last season thats been sold off ,Taylor wanted out, Bartley wasnt ours to keep.
Not long ago we would have sold off anyone who had 2 legs and could kick a ball.

Rev72
22-07-2017, 05:45 PM
Just an observation but what the f*ck has WTF got to moan about? :confused:

espaņablanco73
22-07-2017, 06:01 PM
Dunno, it could be worse, some people have a hard life....like me, having to cool myself down in the 40 degree heat with a crate of Harry Bromptonīs alcoholic iced tea ;D
Times are hard for both LUFC and BeniBlanco!

Rev72
22-07-2017, 06:02 PM
Dunno, it could be worse, some people have a hard life....like me, having to cool myself down in the 40 degree heat with a crate of Harry Bromptonīs alcoholic iced tea ;D
Times are hard for both LUFC and BeniBlanco!

Ain't life a bitch mate. :)

espaņablanco73
22-07-2017, 06:07 PM
The missus has got bored of standing in front of me wafting the fan Rev, looks like ill have to buy one of them electric ones now, life is indeed a bitch!

whitestomper45
22-07-2017, 07:39 PM
This is the same WTF who said a few months ago..he couldnt give a toss about the national team and the international breaks were doing his head in... right?

CLIVETHELEEDSFAN
22-07-2017, 09:17 PM
You know we could play green ayling Denton Pennington Cooper bridcutt Okane Phillips roofe dallas and wood, then you've got all English first language 11, but I think a few of the foreigners might do well, berardi jansson sacko hernandez antonsson are all decent, alioski looks like he has potential, Wiedwald is experienced at a high level, I really think we will be fine e, there's still time, let's see how the squad passes so out come the Bolton match

WTF11
23-07-2017, 10:46 AM
Listen you smug patronising knobhead, Where do you get that [Apart from us all being not intelligent enough to respond to your boring , racist rubbish] we're all dewy-eyed and fawning about anything? not seen any of that, have seen a few people saying positive things about the new set up and the fact that we have retained the core of last season's squad, and added significantly to it - and haven't finished yet by all accounts.
Most thought last season was a successful one though Monk only seemed to have a plan "A" and it was recognised that we had a small squad, well from where I am these issues look to be being addressed - could be the case - may be proved wrong - but for f ucks sake lets see them all in action before slagging every fecking thing that has happend since the buyback of the club.

I don't think you are a troll - just a sad moaning fecker that just never seems happy and never lets anything drop.
Whatever "News" hits this site - sure as eggs are eggs - we all know that you will pop in to have a whinge or a moan - like death and taxes.

BORING AS F ECK::heart:

ps - Used to be just me slagging you off - seems you've got no one - apart from Silentmoan on your side anymore.

OK, where has anything, and I mean anything I have posted been racist? How very dare you!

And "sides" are you serious? How old are we 10?

I have no need of support, I have my opinions and if others agree or disagree that's up to them.

On the player front, "never mind the quality, feel the width" seems to be the strategy. Worked well last time we did that, didn't it.

Let's see where we are end of October.

WTF11
23-07-2017, 05:00 PM
This is the same WTF who said a few months ago..he couldnt give a toss about the national team and the international breaks were doing his head in... right?

Shows how easy it is for those who wish to do so to delude themselves into believing things.

What I ACTUALLY posted was that it was an unwarranted risk to allow Jansson, Wood etc to go on international duty when there was a challenging domestic competition to play for.

My views on the national squad are just as clear, I've said many times that there is something rotten at the heart of the English game, with our national squad reduced to a laughing stock because the rules cooked up by the FA, FIFA & EUFA allow clubs to field teams made up of more or less entirely foreign line-ups and our PL (and increasingly Championship) clubs having taken advantage of that ability to a far greater extent than other leagues around Europe and elsewhere, in the pursuit of success at club level.

Do a bit of digging, see if you can find where I've said otherwise, you won't. Then again, why spoil a snide post with anything approaching the truth eh?

WTF11
23-07-2017, 05:26 PM

And what is the balance now, and how would you have expected us to fare against a middling La Liga team, 3/4 of who are Spanish?

WTF11
23-07-2017, 05:39 PM
Should always be a case of being chosen on ability instead of race. If the locals aren't making the grade or are being poached by others clubs, then of course the club are going to have to look further a field.

The F.A has simply taken to long to invest in grass roots football and it's only in the last couple of years they have taken it seriously.

How many of our whole squad have been poached by anyone? Cook, Byram, McContract, Taylor, who else of any note? If the "locals" aren't making the grade (for Leeds) maybe the scouting team should be given a shake up? Of course, thats what has happened, except their focus is now on the Iberian peninsula, rather than anywhere in the UK.

LeedsFTW
23-07-2017, 06:51 PM
How many of our whole squad have been poached by anyone? Cook, Byram, McContract, Taylor, who else of any note? If the "locals" aren't making the grade (for Leeds) maybe the scouting team should be given a shake up? Of course, thats what has happened, except their focus is now on the Iberian peninsula, rather than anywhere in the UK.

Or more likely the comparison of what Leeds can recruit for the under 23's pales into insignificance when other resources are compared.

The ground work needs to be done long before Leeds players sign their pro contracts, but with no restriction on how, when & where premier clubs can sign youngsters from, Leeds are taking the smart option and reviewing more sources in an effort to find the talent to swell the Leeds ranks.

whitestomper45
24-07-2017, 12:13 AM
Shows how easy it is for those who wish to do so to delude themselves into believing things.

What I ACTUALLY posted was that it was an unwarranted risk to allow Jansson, Wood etc to go on international duty when there was a challenging domestic competition to play for.

My views on the national squad are just as clear, I've said many times that there is something rotten at the heart of the English game, with our national squad reduced to a laughing stock because the rules cooked up by the FA, FIFA & EUFA allow clubs to field teams made up of more or less entirely foreign line-ups and our PL (and increasingly Championship) clubs having taken advantage of that ability to a far greater extent than other leagues around Europe and elsewhere, in the pursuit of success at club level.

Do a bit of digging, see if you can find where I've said otherwise, you won't. Then again, why spoil a snide post with anything approaching the truth eh? Eh ...at from your "reasoning" no players would be available for International qualifiers during the season as there is always some pending important match...It's why there is an International break in the first place, and you never grasp that for some playing for their country is a privilege... The Premier League/Sky money not the FA is the reason so many overseas players are in theplastic league. That and young homegrown players who take bad advice and are happy to sit on benches/continuously loaned out for big wages.

CLIVETHELEEDSFAN
24-07-2017, 12:36 AM
Just imagine if there were only English Scottish Welsh NI and Irish players in England's 4 divisions, all of a sudden our players might actually improve as they'd be playing games

WTF11
24-07-2017, 07:55 AM
Just imagine if there were only English Scottish Welsh NI and Irish players in England's 4 divisions, all of a sudden our players might actually improve as they'd be playing games

Glad somebody picked up the comment about rules that allow the proliferation of foreign players employed by our top clubs in pursuit of the Sky millions.

One fosters the other, cause and effect.

WTF11
24-07-2017, 07:59 AM
Eh ...at from your "reasoning" no players would be available for International qualifiers during the season as there is always some pending important match...It's why there is an International break in the first place, and you never grasp that for some playing for their country is a privilege... The Premier League/Sky money not the FA is the reason so many overseas players are in theplastic league. That and young homegrown players who take bad advice and are happy to sit on benches/continuously loaned out for big wages.

Precisely. It won't happen, but yes I'd have a ban on Internationals (particularly friendlies) during the season, why would I change my mind on that?

As for Sky vs FA/FIFA/EUFA, it's not an either or, it's both. The Sky money fosters demand for success at club level, rule changes on foreign players are the governing bodies response to that demand.

CLIVETHELEEDSFAN
24-07-2017, 09:33 AM
It worked for teams like Italy Germany Spain and France, having their best players playing in their top league, u21 players got first team football which allowed them then to play for the full international team. Our best players can't get games anymore

whitestomper45
24-07-2017, 09:46 AM
Precisely. It won't happen, but yes I'd have a ban on Internationals (particularly friendlies) during the season, why would I change my mind on that?

As for Sky vs FA/FIFA/EUFA, it's not an either or, it's both. The Sky money fosters demand for success at club level, rule changes on foreign players are the governing bodies response to that demand. The proliferation of foreign players in the Plastic League is not in the interest of the FA, the PL purely runs on the basis of making as much money as possible for its now usually foreign owners. You can't have your cake and eat it...not wanting fixtures during a league season, not wanting players called up for national squads, then have some soundings about the lack of home players in the Leeds squad. If LUFC came out with a statement saying "in the future we will only sign players who have a cat in hell's chance of becoming international standard"...that am sure would give you something else to moan about...

Tichi1
24-07-2017, 09:47 AM
It worked for teams like Italy Germany Spain and France, having their best players playing in their top league, u21 players got first team football which allowed them then to play for the full international team. Our best players can't get games anymore

BOSMAN:zzz::zzz:

spaldy
24-07-2017, 03:28 PM
think you have to step back and assess what our new owners done already. Just can't see how anyone would be moaning about it.

Just buying Elland Road and going and signing after some top flight players is different than anything that we've experienced the last 14 years.

even if some don't pan out the intent will eventually get us to the next level.