PDA

View Full Version : Forest Fans Last Night

navypie
20-07-2017, 07:07 AM
Now I have never liked and nor will I ever use the word " scum " for our rivals ( I know all closet rivals use it for each other ) I mean I can hardly greet most of the people I grew up with is " a up scumbag " and quite frankly I think its a bit silly ! Walking to the ground last night with my 12 year old son , both with our Notts jackets on , a car full of Forest fans sneered and the kids in the back ( I can forgive kids , kids are kids ) thought it was hilarious then when making the mad dash across the road from the cattle market a group of grown men deliberately stood in our way , through their hands in the air and let out a huge bellow of " you reds " . Just walking around the ground you get the feeling their fans think they are superior ( I know their team is unfortunately ) to us . And what was that about , some of their fans being cheered after being evicted from the Kop for daring to sit with their workmates ! I know all clubs have their idiots but it has always seemed to me Forest have more than their fair share . Just a couple more points , I wouldn't have liked to have been that bloke in the yellow jacket on the Kop , now that was banter, we where sat in the Pavis stand closer to the Family Stand and we could see him ! Last point on Forest fans , I remember sitting with a bunch of my mates who where Forest season tickets holders ( one couldn't make it so had given me his for the day ) when they played Notts a lifetime ago now . When Notts scored ,Richard Dryden I think it was in a 1-1 draw I was the only one who jumped up in a sea of red ! I didn't half take some fearful and quite nasty stick to be honest and that was just not only from my mates !! Anyway , it was a great day , they absolutely battered us but I took great delight winding them up " on the balance of play a draw was a fair result " I could see the steam coming from their ears :)

Bohinen
20-07-2017, 07:12 AM
Now I have never liked and nor will I ever use the word " scum " for our rivals ( I know all closet rivals use it for each other ) I mean I can hardly greet most of the people I grew up with is " a up scumbag " and quite frankly I think its a bit silly ! Walking to the ground last night with my 12 year old son , both with our Notts jackets on , a car full of Forest fans sneered and the kids in the back ( I can forgive kids , kids are kids ) thought it was hilarious then when making the mad dash across the road from the cattle market a group of grown men deliberately stood in our way , through their hands in the air and let out a huge bellow of " you reds " . Just walking around the ground you get the feeling their fans think they are superior ( I know their team is unfortunately ) to us . And what was that about , some of their fans being cheered after being evicted from the Kop for daring to sit with their workmates ! I know all clubs have their idiots but it has always seemed to me Forest have more than their fair share . Just a couple more points , I wouldn't have liked to have been that bloke in the yellow jacket on the Kop , now that was banter, we where sat in the Pavis stand closer to the Family Stand and we could see him ! Last point on Forest fans , I remember sitting with a bunch of my mates who where Forest season tickets holders ( one couldn't make it so had given me his for the day ) when they played Notts a lifetime ago now . When Notts scored ,Richard Dryden I think it was in a 1-1 draw I was the only one who jumped up in a sea of red ! I didn't half take some fearful and quite nasty stick to be honest and that was just not only from my mates !! Anyway , it was a great day , they absolutely battered us but I took great delight winding them up " on the balance of play a draw was a fair result " I could see the steam coming from their ears :)

In summary, they are ****s.

KeepTheMagpieFlyingH
20-07-2017, 08:40 AM
I went in the Haydn Green with my 10 year old..both of us Notts fans. We went with 3 Forest supporting cousins..a Forest supporting friend and his 2 boys. We didn't get a single problem..really enjoyed it tbh soon good humoured light hearted banter.

JoePass
20-07-2017, 08:48 AM
In summary, they are ****s.

Very well summed up.

ancientpie
20-07-2017, 08:55 AM
I went in the Haydn Green with my 10 year old..both of us Notts fans. We went with 3 Forest supporting cousins..a Forest supporting friend and his 2 boys. We didn't get a single problem..really enjoyed it tbh soon good humoured light hearted banter.

And that's how it should be but you have to use a bit of common & go into a fairly neutral area, i arrived early last night & witnessed a family,mam dad & three kids aged between about 10 & 15 walk into the Kop in Forest shirts, I suggested to dad that it may be wise to ask if they could transfer into the DP & was told that they would sit where they effing liked, I trust & hope that they had no problems but is this the way to teach kids how to behave at away games?

LaughingMagpie
20-07-2017, 08:59 AM
And that's how it should be but you have to use a bit of common & go into a fairly neutral area, i arrived early last night & witnessed a family,mam dad & three kids aged between about 10 & 15 walk into the Kop in Forest shirts, I suggested to dad that it may be wise to ask if they could transfer into the DP & was told that they would sit where they effing liked, I trust & hope that they had no problems but is this the way to teach kids how to behave at away games?

What sort of arrogant sh*ts would go and sit in the home end in away colours!

KeepTheMagpieFlyingH
20-07-2017, 09:11 AM
Loads of red shirts in the Pavis..didn't see one bit of commotion?

LaxtonLad
20-07-2017, 09:42 AM
I sat in G row in the Kop next to three women in neutral colours and one youth in a Forest shirt. It wasn't long before he was spotted by aggresive Notts fans and the stewards, the stewards removed these reds before trouble started while the women shouted stuff like "He/we only wanted to watch the football". I expect they did only want to watch the football, but sitting there in his bright red shirt in the middle of the Kop do it? He might as well have worn a shirt with a big round target on the back with words saying "Go on, I dare you!" He was lucky the stewards were there but some people really ought to have a bit more sense than to sit and expect goodwill and banter from the enemy in their camp, I'd be willing to bet he would not have tried that at Millwall.

The-Mac pie
20-07-2017, 10:17 AM
Agree with you there Laxton.
The Pavis would of been the better option for those sporting red colours
The Kop most definatly not the right option.
Imagine sitting in the Trent end sporting black n white.

navypie
20-07-2017, 10:39 AM

I am saying they all acted like d***s and I am glad your family had an enjoyable night , part of what I was saying is that it's dangerous enough getting across that road at the best of times without some d***s blocking a kids way screaming " you reds " in his face !

KeepTheMagpieFlyingH
20-07-2017, 10:52 AM
I'm not justifying what was done or said to you or your family Nav..every club has Dicks for fans ..our own included..like the plastic Rambos in the bottom corner of the Kop..cringeworthy mob. I'm just saying I was fortunate to be in and amongst what seemed to be genuine group of football fans.

navypie
20-07-2017, 11:08 AM
I'm not justifying what was done or said to you or your family Nav..every club has Dicks for fans ..our own included..like the plastic Rambos in the bottom corner of the Kop..cringeworthy mob. I'm just saying I was fortunate to be in and amongst what seemed to be genuine group of football fans.

I know mate , and I couldn't agree with you more . Anyway , we left right on the final whistle last night and I must say how nice it was to see so many Forest fans still in the stadium , whenever I have watched them on the TV the City Ground looks well empty before then . Well I suppose beating us might be as good as it gets for them this season !

LaxtonLad
20-07-2017, 11:16 AM
Agree with you there Laxton.
The Pavis would of been the better option for those sporting red colours
The Kop most definatly not the right option.
Imagine sitting in the Trent end sporting black n white.

Not the Pavis, Mac! Any but the thickest of reds should have seen the Sirrel stand was for them. I presume some of them, or their carers, can read but still thought "I'm a Forest fan, I'll go where I want".

navypie
20-07-2017, 11:30 AM
You must have been able to see that bloke with the yellow jacket on with the " plastic rambos " from the family stand KeepTheMagpieFlyingH ? He got slaughtered by the Forest fans ! If I was him I would have needed the toilet desperately , took my jacket off and gone and sat as far away as possible :D

KeepTheMagpieFlyingH
20-07-2017, 11:36 AM
Yellow..Yellow. What a Plank.

navypie
20-07-2017, 11:48 AM
Yellow..Yellow. What a Plank.

Wonder if he will ever be brave enough to wear that jacket again ? I found it really funny but must admit I found myself feeling a little bit sorry for him , he had nowhere to go ! But then again, if he is a member of the " plastic rambos " he deserved everything he got . Could always become a Mansfield fan !

Elite_Pie
20-07-2017, 11:56 AM
Could always become a Mansfield fan !

I must admit that seeing a crowd of scruffy tramps in the JS chanting "Yellow" did remind me of the bunch from up the A60!

The-Mac pie
20-07-2017, 12:16 PM
I'm just glad we sold as many tickets to them.
Took there money
And into the clubs coffers.
Thankyou

Bridg4d_Pie_
20-07-2017, 12:25 PM
I'm just glad we sold as many tickets to them.
Took there money
And into the clubs coffers.
Thankyou

Absolutely Spot on, well at least they have won an away game for a change. :P

BanjoPie
20-07-2017, 12:55 PM
I can remember 47000 Notts & Forest fans on a Boxing day Meadow Lane derby early 70's - I don't think the fans were even segregated back then and there was no trouble between fans because thats what they were back then 'fans' not bloody hooligans.

Elite_Pie
20-07-2017, 01:04 PM
I can remember 47000 Notts & Forest fans on a Boxing day Meadow Lane derby early 70's

Your memory is playing tricks - there were 32,310 at that game.

uysapie
20-07-2017, 01:39 PM

Gates of over 40 ,000 were in the Fifties.

SwalePie
20-07-2017, 03:53 PM

Still half as many again as our current stadium can hold. Oh for a sellout crowd!

Acido
20-07-2017, 04:34 PM
Now I have never liked and nor will I ever use the word " scum " for our rivals ( I know all closet rivals use it for each other ) I mean I can hardly greet most of the people I grew up with is " a up scumbag " and quite frankly I think its a bit silly !

Thats an interesting comment, and your right of course that we all look at our neghbouring teams the worst. The word 'scum' shouldn't be used by fans but most of them say it for the Barnsley, Leeds, Sheff Wensday, Sheff United & Rotherham rivalries!

And for any fans who have family and/or friends who support a local rival club, its impossible these days and ill advised as well to try and watch a derby match together. :(

kill_the_drum
20-07-2017, 05:01 PM
You must have been able to see that bloke with the yellow jacket on with the " plastic rambos " from the family stand KeepTheMagpieFlyingH ? He got slaughtered by the Forest fans ! If I was him I would have needed the toilet desperately , took my jacket off and gone and sat as far away as possible :D

That was great banter from Forest. You wear a jacket like that you deserve what you get.
Anyone notice he didn't come back out for the second half? Or at least not in that jacket!
'we want our yellow back, we want our yellow back'

Redrag
20-07-2017, 06:10 PM
That was great banter from Forest. You wear a jacket like that you deserve what you get.
Anyone notice he didn't come back out for the second half? Or at least not in that jacket!

He wasn't wearing a coat, he was from Lincolnshire.

i961pie
20-07-2017, 06:34 PM

A few seasons ago my mate a die hard Notts fan bought his father in law who supported Stags to a local derby game and sat in the Pavis. When Stags scored he jumped up and got all sorts of abuse from those around him and he was a bloke in his 70s. It's not just Forest fans who are like it.

navypie
20-07-2017, 06:41 PM

I didn't notice him later on and he was hard to miss ! What I found funny as well is I am sure he was with that group of " plastic rambos " who marched purposely up the steps of the Kop like they where going to try and get at the Forest fans ( probably had enough of them taking the piss ) only to be quickly marched back down again by the police :D

jackal2
20-07-2017, 06:44 PM
Forest obviously have a much larger fan base than us, so even if their percentage of idiot fans is the same as ours, they tend to be more noticeable. After the hooligan problems of the 1970's and 80's there was a real crackdown on the neanderthal element that infected the game, but in recent years I think the police and football authorities have taken their foot off the pedal a bit and there's a new, young generation of potential trouble-makers starting to think they can act up again, like we saw at Field Mill the other season. The powers that be need to resume the zero tolerance approach and nip it in the bud before these juveniles become adults and present more of a problem.

navypie
20-07-2017, 06:48 PM
Forest obviously have a much larger fan base than us, so even if their percentage of idiot fans is the same as ours, they tend to be more noticeable. After the hooligan problems of the 1970's and 80's there was a real crackdown on the neanderthal element that infected the game, but in recent years I think the police and football authorities have taken their foot off the pedal a bit and there's a new, young generation of potential trouble-makers starting to think they can act up again, like we saw at Field Mill the other season. The powers that be need to resume the zero tolerance approach and nip it in the bud before these juveniles become adults and present more of a problem.

Forest obviously have a bigger fan base than us but I think for every 100 fans we have , there is one idiot , for every 100 they have, there is 2 .

nay123
20-07-2017, 07:09 PM

He was thrown out of the ground and told by the police to get away from the ground for is own safety.

navypie
20-07-2017, 07:14 PM
He was thrown out of the ground and told by the police to get away from the ground for is own safety.

And told never to return again dressed as a banana .

kill_the_drum
20-07-2017, 07:37 PM

Take a bow. Brilliant!

Trickytreesreds
20-07-2017, 07:39 PM

Classic

BanjoPie
21-07-2017, 07:38 AM
Your memory is playing tricks - there were 32,310 at that game.l

If you have the stats then I bow to your superior knowledge. I do remember having 'double vision' in one eye at the time

Bohinen
21-07-2017, 08:38 AM
I can remember 47000 Notts & Forest fans on a Boxing day Meadow Lane derby early 70's - I don't think the fans were even segregated back then and there was no trouble between fans because thats what they were back then 'fans' not bloody hooligans.

Well, you might remember it as 47000, but it was actually 32000. And as for hooligans, were you there in the 70s? It was far, far worse back then, and Forest had more than their fair share.

Sorry, mised Elite's post, which is correct.

Bohinen
21-07-2017, 08:47 AM
Forest obviously have a bigger fan base than us but I think for every 100 fans we have , there is one idiot , for every 100 they have, there is 2 .

I used to watch them in the early to mid 70s when Notts were away, to collect autographs after the game. They had smaller crowds than us at the time (just 9,995 average in 1973), and I saw their fans at close quarters. I would say for every 100 they had back then, 50 were idiots. The other 50 were just morons.

navypie
21-07-2017, 10:36 AM
I used to watch them in the early to mid 70s when Notts were away, to collect autographs after the game. They had smaller crowds than us at the time (just 9,995 average in 1973), and I saw their fans at close quarters. I would say for every 100 they had back then, 50 were idiots. The other 50 were just morons.

Maths, along with English History Geography and Science was never a strong subject off mine .