PDA

View Full Version : Grant returns to Notts

jacobncfc
20-07-2017, 08:22 AM
Mark Warburton confirmed in his post-match comments to the Post that Grant will be signing for Notts on a season long loan (with a recall option in Jan). :)

Wooderson
20-07-2017, 08:29 AM
Mark Warburton confirmed in his post-match comments to the Post that Grant will be signing for Notts on a season long loan (with a recall option in Jan). :)

Fantastic news!

http://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/transfer-news/grant-return-notts-county-walker-219523

SwalePie
20-07-2017, 08:31 AM
Fantastic news!

http://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/transfer-news/grant-return-notts-county-walker-219523

“He will not be going very far. He will be able to walk to work, put it that way,”:D Class way of letting the cat out of the bag!

Mapperleypie
20-07-2017, 08:36 AM
This is excellent news.

A decent central defender wouldn't go amiss now.

countygump
20-07-2017, 09:40 AM
This is excellent news.

A decent central defender wouldn't go amiss now.

2 central defenders and a forward and possibly another creative midfielder.

LaxtonLad
20-07-2017, 09:50 AM
Grant and Noble in a central midfield pairing would have been more than a handful for any L2 side. Perhaps these were the "Wow" signings referred to by Alan Hardy.

Mcswegan
20-07-2017, 09:54 AM
Grant and Noble in a central midfield pairing would have been more than a handful for any L2 side. Perhaps these were the "Wow" signings referred to by Alan Hardy.

I'd feel very sorry for our defense though.

KeepTheMagpieFlyingH
20-07-2017, 10:08 AM
It was looking unlikely that Grant would return..the only reason we turned to Noble. Either would have been suitable for the "Nolan role"..the role he played all his career under Allardyce. He got 10 goals a season in the top flight from mainly second balls off Kevin Davies at Bolton and Andy Carroll at Newcastle and West Ham bouncing free in and around the box. Shola,s the big man at Notts and any player with the engine to get back behind the ball if nothing falls their way will be awarded this role and revel in it. That mans Jorge Grant for now..but Noble would have been just as good of a fit.

Oldstripy
20-07-2017, 10:17 AM
Excellent news, Nolan hoping to bring in some more next week.

http://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/football-news/notts-county-boss-hopeful-new-219197

jacobncfc
20-07-2017, 10:19 AM
It was looking unlikely that Grant would return..the only reason we turned to Noble. Either would have been suitable for the "Nolan role"..the role he played all his career under Allardyce. He got 10 goals a season in the top flight from mainly second balls off Kevin Davies at Bolton and Andy Carroll at Newcastle and West Ham bouncing free in and around the box. Shola,s the big man at Notts and any player with the engine to get back behind the ball if nothing falls their way will be awarded this role and revel in it. That mans Jorge Grant for now..but Noble would have been just as good of a fit.

Can't see Grant playing that position, he's not good enough defensively or in the tackle to play in a central midfield two. I imagine that he'll play from the left again, like last season, with one of Hawkridge and Alessandra on the other wing.

KeepTheMagpieFlyingH
20-07-2017, 10:25 AM
Can't see Grant playing that position, he's not good enough defensively or in the tackle to play in a central midfield two. I imagine that he'll play from the left again, like last season, with one of Hawkridge and Alessandra on the other wing.

With 2 out and out wide men signed and with the Noble attempt I think Grant,s going central. I may be wrong..we'll see.

mattpie
20-07-2017, 10:46 AM
With 2 out and out wide men signed and with the Noble attempt I think Grant,s going central. I may be wrong..we'll see.

Wouldn't be surprised to see him virtually up front off Ameobi a few times – knows where the net is and not much option for different shape up top.

KeepTheMagpieFlyingH
20-07-2017, 11:12 AM
Wouldn't be surprised to see him virtually up front off Ameobi a few times – knows where the net is and not much option for different shape up top.

I think we'll see it a lot. I don't think he'll play in a 2 or left as Jacob suggests ..but in a 3 with Milsom and another holding. Hawkridge and Alessandra tucking in for Tootle and Jones to overlap and Grant getting off Ameobi as much as possible.

4-4-2 is to basic..we saw that last night.

LaxtonLad
20-07-2017, 11:25 AM
Excellent news, Nolan hoping to bring in some more next week.

http://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/football-news/notts-county-boss-hopeful-new-219197

It WOULD be excellent news if anything came of it but this looks like Nolan repeating Hardy's promises of jam tomorrow.

MAD_MAGPIE
20-07-2017, 11:41 AM
Excellent news. Another player signed up who knows the club already and the vast majority of players from last season so can fit straight in.

CmonUSexyStylishPies
20-07-2017, 11:48 AM
“He will not be going very far. He will be able to walk to work, put it that way,”:D Class way of letting the cat out of the bag!

He's a fit lad, he could walk to Mansfield.

LaxtonLad
20-07-2017, 11:51 AM
He's a fit lad, he could walk to Mansfield.

Not many people walk TOWARDS Mansfield.

crazyfists
20-07-2017, 11:56 AM
Great news and well done to AH for getting this one in. A couple more now and we're just about there.

LaughingMagpie
20-07-2017, 12:12 PM
'Scoop' Curtis now reporting that there is speculation we are linked with Grant

A bit different to what he was saying this morning

Bridg4d_Pie_
20-07-2017, 12:29 PM
I'd feel very sorry for our defense though.

Its " DEFENCE " by the way, Sidders is back. :O

SwalePie
20-07-2017, 12:58 PM
Its " DEFENCE " by the way, Sidders is back. :O

Not to mention the superfluous 'of'. ;)

LaxtonLad
20-07-2017, 01:27 PM
Not to mention the superfluous 'of'. ;)

The superfluous 'of'?

SwalePie
20-07-2017, 03:48 PM
The superfluous 'of'?

"but Noble would have been just as good of a fit." The 'of' is not necessary.

Just a bit of banter ;)

jurgenpie
20-07-2017, 04:23 PM
Now official - https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news/2017/july/jorge-grant-returns

LaxtonLad
20-07-2017, 05:09 PM

Just a bit of banter ;)

I was hoping someone would pick up on the old "not to mention..." bit, ah well, good old Benny Hill.

kill_the_drum
20-07-2017, 05:11 PM
Now official - https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news/2017/july/jorge-grant-returns

Excellent news.
I'd like to see him as part of a Midfield 5 just behind the striker(s)
I think Milsom, Thompson and Grant is a decent trio.

KeepTheMagpieFlyingH
20-07-2017, 05:27 PM

Just a bit of banter ;)

Sorry

jackal2
20-07-2017, 06:33 PM
Excellent news, I was beginning to think we wouldn't get him back.

I've criticised Hardy and Nolan for letting Richards go and re-signing too many older players, but for getting Jorge back they deserve nothing but praise. This immediately boosts our prospects and captures the imagination much more.

Let's hope Nolan can deliver on the further signings he's promising. At least one big, dominant central defender is absolutely essential, a quality goal-poaching striker is equally important to supplement our ancient looking attack, and we probably do need another creative option in midfield. I'm sure there are much better value options out there than spending big money on Liam Noble.

i961pie
20-07-2017, 06:38 PM

The big difference is barring injuries Grant would play every game where as nut job Noble misses half of it thro' suspension.

countygump
20-07-2017, 06:47 PM
Jorgy vid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AS2dEMfaQfg

navypie
20-07-2017, 06:59 PM
Great news , I must admit I didn't think he would come back because he could easily play at a higher level but he must have enjoyed his time here and have a great desire to play for us.

Notts78
20-07-2017, 07:15 PM
So for those who have been heavily critical of not having all our signings done and dusted in May, this is a massive 2 fingers to you from AH and KN. Imagine if, as demanded, we had blown our budget and Grant had gone elsewhere. Some of you hypocritical numpties would have been up in arms.
I am glad we have been patient, I am happy that Grant has rejoined and look forward to what other players we can sign, whether permanently or on loan.

Vladpie
20-07-2017, 07:20 PM
Great news , I must admit I didn't think he would come back because he could easily play at a higher level but he must have enjoyed his time here and have a great desire to play for us.

Like any good pro, he wants first team football and being a pivotal player at Notts will give his confidence a huge boost, everyone's a winner.

Trickytreesreds
20-07-2017, 07:36 PM
Like any good pro, he wants first team football and being a pivotal player at Notts will give his confidence a huge boost, everyone's a winner.

Told you, you had a good chance.
I like this player, but he needs game time.
He's a winner, but needs to win to improve.
Everyone gains from this. Look after him.

CmonUSexyStylishPies
20-07-2017, 07:40 PM
So for those who have been heavily critical of not having all our signings done and dusted in May, this is a massive 2 fingers to you from AH and KN. Imagine if, as demanded, we had blown our budget and Grant had gone elsewhere. Some of you hypocritical numpties would have been up in arms.
I am glad we have been patient, I am happy that Grant has rejoined and look forward to what other players we can sign, whether permanently or on loan.

I'm glad that you're glad. So everyone's glad.

kill_the_drum
20-07-2017, 07:45 PM

If we manage to sign a couple more decent players, or even if we don't but have a good season anyway, I really hope some of our so called supporters will feel totally embarrassed for how they have acted this preseason.
They won't, obviously. They will probably have a deluded view that there vocal actions kicked AH and KN into signing players when all they were doing was scratching there arses and wondering how to run a football club!